FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Nationality part 2

Nationality part 2

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple  over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

Ok CLCC you you are saying England dont have a national anthem you think "god save the queen" is the UK national anthem ?

So do you believe Both countries Scotland and Wales should abandon their own national anthems to sing "god save the queen"?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

A whole thread just for me? Oh I do feel special

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 10/12/17 22:59:34]

God Save the Queen is the U K Anthem !

Tho for Sporting events England and Northern Ireland use it .

Personally I'd like Land of Hope and Glory or Jeruselum to be England's Anthem

As said on first thread my nationality is scottish and no matter what anyone says it will always be scottish never british

Cambridge

"God Save the Queen is the U K Anthem !

Personally I'd like Land of Hope and Glory or Jeruselum to be England's Anthem "

You don't see any irony in proposing England's national anthem be named after a city that isn't in England? That is 3,000 miles away?

By *unandbuckCouple  over a year ago

Sheffield

You don't see any irony in proposing England's national anthem be named after a city that isn't in England? That is 3,000 miles away? "

Presumably you understand the text of the song though?

I'd take either of those 100x over God Save the Queen. Maybe you think otherwise??

Cambridge

You don't see any irony in proposing England's national anthem be named after a city that isn't in England? That is 3,000 miles away?

Presumably you understand the text of the song though?

I'd take either of those 100x over God Save the Queen. Maybe you think otherwise??"

I understand the lyrics of the song. Again, it doesn't make much sense as a national anthem.

I'm quite happy with God save the Queen, but then I can be quite conservative at times (small "c" )

The Council of Elrond

Personally I'd like Land of Hope and Glory or Jeruselum to be England's Anthem "

So you want Scotland and Wales to sing "god save the queen" when England use it as their national anthem and abandon their own lol logic eh

The Council of Elrond

Anyone like to tell me what lyrics is in " god save the queen" about fellow Scottish people ?

And people want Scots to sing that shit lol yeah right

Oh and am Scottish never will be British its only an island that it Britain is not a country nor is the UK its a union

Cambridge

"Anyone like to tell me what lyrics is in " god save the queen" about fellow Scottish people ?

Oh and am Scottish never will be British its only an island that it Britain is not a country nor is the UK its a union "

There is no mention of Scots in the current version of the song. However it's several hundred years old and there has been mention in the past about people who rebelled against the monarch, not all Scottish people.

But I'm interested to learn more about the Scottish anthem. What's it about and when was it written?

There is nothing wrong with nationality. There is nothing wrong in being proud of your country. BUT extreme version's are dangerous and I think it's probably worse for the "junior" nations in a small union like the UK. I remember a Scot saying he'd support any team against England. When I asked why he said it's "bragging rights". We push our success on to others "aren't we good and you are crap" attitude. I did say we're it the other way I would be supporting Scotland - he was a little humble afterwards. A small example of mutual respect. If the union broke up then good luck to all the nation's!

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

I have no interest in singing the national anthem.

"There is nothing wrong with nationality. There is nothing wrong in being proud of your country. BUT extreme version's are dangerous and I think it's probably worse for the "junior" nations in a small union like the UK. I remember a Scot saying he'd support any team against England. When I asked why he said it's "bragging rights". We push our success on to others "aren't we good and you are crap" attitude. I did say we're it the other way I would be supporting Scotland - he was a little humble afterwards. A small example of mutual respect. If the union broke up then good luck to all the nation's!"

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

"Anyone like to tell me what lyrics is in " god save the queen" about fellow Scottish people ?

Oh and am Scottish never will be British its only an island that it Britain is not a country nor is the UK its a union

There is no mention of Scots in the current version of the song. However it's several hundred years old and there has been mention in the past about people who rebelled against the monarch, not all Scottish people.

But I'm interested to learn more about the Scottish anthem. What's it about and when was it written? "

The verse you may be referring to is:

God grant that Marshall Wade

May by thy mighty aid

Victory bring.

May he sedition hush,

And like a torrent rush

Rebellious Scots to crush.

God save King George.

But this verse was never actually part of the National Anthem. It was in fact part of an song, to the same music as the National Anthem, know as God save King George.

But I'm interested to learn more about the Scottish anthem. What's it about and when was it written?

May by thy mighty aid

Victory bring.

May he sedition hush,

And like a torrent rush

God save King George.

But this verse was never actually part of the National Anthem. It was in fact part of an song, to the same music as the National Anthem, know as God save King George. "

But it's ok for Scots to Sing about sending Edwards Army home again tho

Cambridge

"Scottish Anthem" written in 1965

O Flower of Scotland,

When will we see

Your like again,

That fought and died for,

Your wee bit Hill and Glen,

And stood against him (against who?),

Proud Edward's Army,

And sent him homeward,

To think again.

The Hills are bare now,

And Autumn leaves

lie thick and still,

O'er land that is lost now,

Which those so dearly held,

That stood against him (against who?),

Proud Edward's Army,

And sent him homeward,

To think again.

Those days are past now,

And in the past

they must remain,

But we can still rise now,

And be the nation again,

That stood against him (against who?),

Proud Edward's Army,

And sent him homeward,

To think again.

Do we really need National anthems .It's such bollocks.Whats the point.?

"Do we really need National anthems .It's such bollocks.Whats the point.?"
To sing then Boo at international Sporting Events

"Do we really need National anthems .It's such bollocks.Whats the point.? To sing then Boo at international Sporting Events "
Most anthems are horrendous musically.Time to get rid of them.

"Do we really need National anthems .It's such bollocks.Whats the point.? To sing then Boo at international Sporting Events Most anthems are horrendous musically.Time to get rid of them. "
Gibbs have to agree to disagree I don't like God Save the Queen , but the Welsh one in full flow is something

Going to not Gibbs lol need to check my text more !

May by thy mighty aid

Victory bring.

May he sedition hush,

And like a torrent rush

God save King George.

But this verse was never actually part of the National Anthem. It was in fact part of an song, to the same music as the National Anthem, know as God save King George. But it's ok for Scots to Sing about sending Edwards Army home again tho "

Of course it is as they wernt wanted in scotland

"There is nothing wrong with nationality. There is nothing wrong in being proud of your country. BUT extreme version's are dangerous and I think it's probably worse for the "junior" nations in a small union like the UK. I remember a Scot saying he'd support any team against England. When I asked why he said it's "bragging rights". We push our success on to others "aren't we good and you are crap" attitude. I did say we're it the other way I would be supporting Scotland - he was a little humble afterwards. A small example of mutual respect. If the union broke up then good luck to all the nation's! "

I support anyone playing england not because i hate them but because its rivalry and that includes everything from football to tiddlywinks

Cambridge

"There is nothing wrong with nationality. There is nothing wrong in being proud of your country. BUT extreme version's are dangerous and I think it's probably worse for the "junior" nations in a small union like the UK. I remember a Scot saying he'd support any team against England. When I asked why he said it's "bragging rights". We push our success on to others "aren't we good and you are crap" attitude. I did say we're it the other way I would be supporting Scotland - he was a little humble afterwards. A small example of mutual respect. If the union broke up then good luck to all the nation's!

I support anyone playing england not because i hate them but because its rivalry and that includes everything from football to tiddlywinks "

It's a bit of a sad attitude really, a bit like the "Scottish anthem" nothing to be proud of, and your only identity is in the way you relate to England.

By *anesjhCouple  over a year ago

LONDON.

"There is nothing wrong with nationality. There is nothing wrong in being proud of your country. BUT extreme version's are dangerous and I think it's probably worse for the "junior" nations in a small union like the UK. I remember a Scot saying he'd support any team against England. When I asked why he said it's "bragging rights". We push our success on to others "aren't we good and you are crap" attitude. I did say we're it the other way I would be supporting Scotland - he was a little humble afterwards. A small example of mutual respect. If the union broke up then good luck to all the nation's!"
..Well said.

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"There is nothing wrong with nationality. There is nothing wrong in being proud of your country. BUT extreme version's are dangerous and I think it's probably worse for the "junior" nations in a small union like the UK. I remember a Scot saying he'd support any team against England. When I asked why he said it's "bragging rights". We push our success on to others "aren't we good and you are crap" attitude. I did say we're it the other way I would be supporting Scotland - he was a little humble afterwards. A small example of mutual respect. If the union broke up then good luck to all the nation's!

I support anyone playing england not because i hate them but because its rivalry and that includes everything from football to tiddlywinks "

I was born in England why are you trying to make me a rival ?

I support anyone playing england not because i hate them but because its rivalry and that includes everything from football to tiddlywinks

It's a bit of a sad attitude really, a bit like the "Scottish anthem" nothing to be proud of, and your only identity is in the way you relate to England. "

I dont relate to england at all and i know my identity though its seems you dont are you english ,british or ukish lol

I was born in England why are you trying to make me a rival ?"

Sporting rival thats why hope yous get gubbed at everything

Cambridge

It's a bit of a sad attitude really, a bit like the "Scottish anthem" nothing to be proud of, and your only identity is in the way you relate to England.

I dont relate to england at all and i know my identity though its seems you dont are you english ,british or ukish lol "

Yeah, you do. If you support anyone but England, you are defining yourself by being in opposition to, or in relation to, England.

Cambridge

I'm British, it says so on my passport and everything

"I'm British, it says so on my passport and everything "

Good for you

I dont relate to england at all and i know my identity though its seems you dont are you english ,british or ukish lol

Yeah, you do. If you support anyone but England, you are defining yourself by being in opposition to, or in relation to, England. "

Nah i just like seeing them get gubbed at everything

Cambridge

Yeah, you do. If you support anyone but England, you are defining yourself by being in opposition to, or in relation to, England.

Nah i just like seeing them get gubbed at everything "

But why?

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Nah i just like seeing them get gubbed at everything

But why?"

Just seems weird to me but then I don't support any team or person as I just don't get why so many people invest their time and emotions vicariously supporting teams people cities or countries into which they have zero input

It just seems a reflection of a negative thought process to wish for the drubbing ? Or downfall of any team or individual let alone based upon an arbitrary place of birth ?

But if such petty nonsense makes a person happy and it harms me not that's their choice I'll just remain smug that I'm not affected

I'd prefer to make assessment upon a person or a countries team based upon what they say or how the conduct themselves again not based upon a made up transient invisible border ?

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

Ah look, another chance for CLCC to get all frothy at their love of cultural imperialism.

Seem to have taken the bait too.....

"

I dont relate to england at all and i know my identity though its seems you dont are you english ,british or ukish lol "

I'd hazard a guess he's British, just like you

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

I'm British, English, Sri Lankan, European, Middle Class, Aristocratic, Public school educated, Buddhist, Asian, Remainer.

All of it and none of defines me.

Whichever selection of those pieces of information people have tends to dictate how they treat me far more than how it influences how I treat them.

Nationalism is only use full when some other nationalists want your stuff and try to get it off you using force. Otherwise it is almost exclusively bad as it sets "us" against "them" in a zero sum game and when there is no enemy you are now programmed to find one.

It never ceases to amaze me how nobody learns anything from history. Tribes and small states fight each other, combine, grow more powerful and stable then splinter again due to external pressure or internal bickering or a combination of the two. Then, small and weak these little states get gobbled up again.

Futile.

I can enjoy my team winning, but I've never taken pleasure in seeing the opposition lose. There seems something unsportsmanlike about that to me...

Good post.

I think the sporting view, though, is a reactionary behaviour. It's not as shallow as being petty. Why support a team representing a region whose people, in very general terms, are seen as believing your part of a shared country matters less?

Who for many years have claimed everything good from your nation as theirs? They feel aggrieved

Cambridge

The OP describes the UK as a family of nations. If you were watching a sporting event with a member of your family playing, and you were cheering for the other team, then you should have a sit down and have a look at yourself.

Sheffield

"

Just seems weird to me but then I don't support any team or person as I just don't get why so many people invest their time and emotions vicariously supporting teams people cities or countries into which they have zero input

It just seems a reflection of a negative thought process to wish for the drubbing ? Or downfall of any team or individual let alone based upon an arbitrary place of birth ?

But if such petty nonsense makes a person happy and it harms me not that's their choice I'll just remain smug that I'm not affected

I'd prefer to make assessment upon a person or a countries team based upon what they say or how the conduct themselves again not based upon a made up transient invisible border ?"

Wow, you'll be a bundle of fun during the world cup.

Most people enjoy supporting 'their' team, be it national or local.

There are traditional rivalries, as shown above, the Scots and English (generally one way, due to the Scots inferiority complex), England V Germany etc.

In *most* cases it is good natured, friendly rivalry.

If you choose to support a team based on their human rights record, or their equal opportunities statement, then of course that's your choice to make.

Newbury

[Removed by poster at 12/12/17 16:11:09]

Newbury

"The OP describes the UK as a family of nations. If you were watching a sporting event with a member of your family playing, and you were cheering for the other team, then you should have a sit down and have a look at yourself. "

I'd probably differ. The UK is a collection of nations unified by Anglo Saxon colonialism, subjugated largely against their will whose cultures were then systematically and deliberately destroyed (or attempted to be) by the English.

My parents generation will remember the "Welsh Knot" at school, so the attempt at the eradication of cultures not English continued well into this century.

Cambridge

"The OP describes the UK as a family of nations. If you were watching a sporting event with a member of your family playing, and you were cheering for the other team, then you should have a sit down and have a look at yourself.

I'd probably differ. The UK is a collection of nations unified by Anglo Saxon colonialism, subjugated largely against their will whose cultures were then systematically and deliberately destroyed (or attempted to be) by the English.

My parents generation will remember the "Welsh Knot" at school, so the attempt at the eradication of cultures not English continued well into this century."

And now its the opposite right, with for example, the Welsh imposing their culture on others.

Newbury

"The OP describes the UK as a family of nations. If you were watching a sporting event with a member of your family playing, and you were cheering for the other team, then you should have a sit down and have a look at yourself.

My parents generation will remember the "Welsh Knot" at school, so the attempt at the eradication of cultures not English continued well into this century.

And now its the opposite right, with for example, the Welsh imposing their culture on others. "

And how are they doing that, exactly?

Are children being beaten for speaking English at school?

Cambridge

And now its the opposite right, with for example, the Welsh imposing their culture on others.

Are children being beaten for speaking English at school?"

Children being forced to learn Welsh. I know Burmese refugee children being forced to learn Welsh. Why? It's nothing to do with their history, background or culture.

Newbury

Children being forced to learn Welsh. I know Burmese refugee children being forced to learn Welsh. Why? It's nothing to do with their history, background or culture. "

And in what country is this taking place? England?

Sheffield

"

Children being forced to learn Welsh. I know Burmese refugee children being forced to learn Welsh. Why? It's nothing to do with their history, background or culture. "

When you say 'forced' do you mean following the curriculum the same as all the other kids?

Cambridge

Children being forced to learn Welsh. I know Burmese refugee children being forced to learn Welsh. Why? It's nothing to do with their history, background or culture.

And in what country is this taking place? England?"

No, Wales.

Cambridge

"

When you say 'forced' do you mean following the curriculum the same as all the other kids?"

Compulsory lessons.

No, Wales."

When in Rome do as the Romans.

Sheffield

"

When you say 'forced' do you mean following the curriculum the same as all the other kids?

Compulsory lessons."

Well the national curriculum is compulsory. Wales has their own content.

Is that what you are talking about?

Newbury

No, Wales."

By "forced" do you mean having lessons in school?

Lessons in the native language of the country in which they live?

Do you think refugees in England should not be taught English?

Cambridge

No, Wales.

Do you think refugees in England should not be taught English?"

There was never a time when Welsh was spoken all over Wales. It's a fabrication.

Sheffield

"

There was never a time when Welsh was spoken all over Wales. It's a fabrication. "

But are these Burmese kids being forced to do something different, or are they following the same curriculum as the other welsh kids?

Cambridge

"

There was never a time when Welsh was spoken all over Wales. It's a fabrication.

But are these Burmese kids being forced to do something different, or are they following the same curriculum as the other welsh kids?"

All the kids are forced to learn Welsh in Wales, apart from the ones who can afford a private education. So as I said in the beginning, the Welsh are imposing their culture on others.

The English schools only teach English.A language derived from many languages mostly Anglo Saxon and Germanic languages.It was never spoken across the whole of England.

Cambridge

"The English schools only teach English.A language derived from many languages mostly Anglo Saxon and Germanic languages.It was never spoken across the whole of England."

Really? It isn't spoken across the UK today?

Sheffield

"

But are these Burmese kids being forced to do something different, or are they following the same curriculum as the other welsh kids?

All the kids are forced to learn Welsh in Wales, apart from the ones who can afford a private education. So as I said in the beginning, the Welsh are imposing their culture on others. "

So the Burmese kids aren't being 'forced' to do anything special, they are just following the same curriculum as their classmates.

Would you prefer these refugee kids to be segregated somehow or follow a different curriculum?

I think that would be foolish, they should integrate with their new clasmates as much as possible.

Cambridge

"

All the kids are forced to learn Welsh in Wales, apart from the ones who can afford a private education. So as I said in the beginning, the Welsh are imposing their culture on others.

So the Burmese kids aren't being 'forced' to do anything special, they are just following the same curriculum as their classmates.

Would you prefer these refugee kids to be segregated somehow or follow a different curriculum?

I think that would be foolish, they should integrate with their new clasmates as much as possible."

No, the Welsh culture is being imposed on people who aren't Welsh. Not just refugees, plenty of people. Now why is Welsh taught in schools? Well the nationalists will tell you its part of their history and culture, but that's not true for everyone being forced to use it is it? Welsh is a pointless language as everyone who speaks it also speaks English.

I don't think you understand about this. It's national identity. Same for Scotland and NI. They were not Anglo-Saxon. It's a conceit and ignorance that's led to the inequality and subsequent wish for independence in recent years. It has been fuelled by the mistaken idea that people in the other nations that make up the UK are really just English but don't accept it.

Cambridge

"I don't think you understand about this. It's national identity. Same for Scotland and NI. They were not Anglo-Saxon. It's a conceit and ignorance that's led to the inequality and subsequent wish for independence in recent years. It has been fuelled by the mistaken idea that people in the other nations that make up the UK are really just English but don't accept it. "

They are British

And that means what, exactly? In the context of 'nationality', it's meaningless.

By suggesting that being British is more important than being whichever nationality you are, one effectively means that everyone should come under the umbrella of what is effectively, seen as being being English.

Cambridge

"And that means what, exactly? In the context of 'nationality', it's meaningless.

By suggesting that being British is more important than being whichever nationality you are, one effectively means that everyone should come under the umbrella of what is effectively, seen as being being English. "

As pointed out to you previously, British is the nationality of most people on here. We have a British passport showing our nationality as British. We are British citizens, we have a British government etc. This is not the same as being English.

"And that means what, exactly? In the context of 'nationality', it's meaningless.

By suggesting that being British is more important than being whichever nationality you are, one effectively means that everyone should come under the umbrella of what is effectively, seen as being being English. "

True being British is irrelevant today for many.

Cambridge

By suggesting that being British is more important than being whichever nationality you are, one effectively means that everyone should come under the umbrella of what is effectively, seen as being being English. True being British is irrelevant today for many."

Apart from when crossing international borders, consular support when abroad, legal protections, voting rights, visa regulations, employment rights, housing rights, education access etc.

By suggesting that being British is more important than being whichever nationality you are, one effectively means that everyone should come under the umbrella of what is effectively, seen as being being English. True being British is irrelevant today for many.

Apart from when crossing international borders, consular support when abroad, legal protections, voting rights, visa regulations, employment rights, housing rights, education access etc. "

Irrelevant. British is only a word.If the union broke up the world wouldn't end.Just like leaving the EU isn't the end.

Cambridge

By suggesting that being British is more important than being whichever nationality you are, one effectively means that everyone should come under the umbrella of what is effectively, seen as being being English. True being British is irrelevant today for many.

Apart from when crossing international borders, consular support when abroad, legal protections, voting rights, visa regulations, employment rights, housing rights, education access etc. Irrelevant. British is only a word.If the union broke up the world wouldn't end.Just like leaving the EU isn't the end."

But it's not irrelevant in all of the areas mentioned above.

You're still mixing up 'nation' with 'country' or more correctly, 'sovereign state'.

And the previous postings were with regard to education in Wales.Not the UK or Britain.

Cambridge

"You're still mixing up 'nation' with 'country' or more correctly, 'sovereign state'.

And the previous postings were with regard to education in Wales.Not the UK or Britain."

The thread is entitled "Nationality part 2" I'm talking about nationality. There is no Welsh nationality, no English nationality, nor Scottish nationality, nor Northern Irish nationality. They all share a nationality. This is recognised internationally as British.

I suggest you do some reading, my friend. I'm afraid you are wrong.

"You're still mixing up 'nation' with 'country' or more correctly, 'sovereign state'.

And the previous postings were with regard to education in Wales.Not the UK or Britain.

The thread is entitled "Nationality part 2" I'm talking about nationality. There is no Welsh nationality, no English nationality, nor Scottish nationality, nor Northern Irish nationality. They all share a nationality. This is recognised internationally as British. "

All though everyone in the UK has a British citizenship they have different nationalities.

Cambridge

The thread is entitled "Nationality part 2" I'm talking about nationality. There is no Welsh nationality, no English nationality, nor Scottish nationality, nor Northern Irish nationality. They all share a nationality. This is recognised internationally as British. All though everyone in the UK has a British citizenship they have different nationalities. "

Ok, look at your passport, look under "Nationality" and tell me what it says

Or show me your National Identity Card that says English Citizen. Or any official, government document that says you are an English Citizen.

The thread is entitled "Nationality part 2" I'm talking about nationality. There is no Welsh nationality, no English nationality, nor Scottish nationality, nor Northern Irish nationality. They all share a nationality. This is recognised internationally as British. All though everyone in the UK has a British citizenship they have different nationalities.

Or show me your National Identity Card that says English Citizen. Or any official, government document that says you are an English Citizen."

You are a British citizen your nationality is different.Your nationality isn't British.

Cambridge

The thread is entitled "Nationality part 2" I'm talking about nationality. There is no Welsh nationality, no English nationality, nor Scottish nationality, nor Northern Irish nationality. They all share a nationality. This is recognised internationally as British. All though everyone in the UK has a British citizenship they have different nationalities.

Or show me your National Identity Card that says English Citizen. Or any official, government document that says you are an English Citizen. You are a British citizen your nationality is different.Your nationality isn't British. "

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/new-uk-passport-design

Sorry to prove you wrong again!

Or show me your National Identity Card that says English Citizen. Or any official, government document that says you are an English Citizen. You are a British citizen your nationality is different.Your nationality isn't British.

Sorry to prove you wrong again! "

did you

Cambridge

Or show me your National Identity Card that says English Citizen. Or any official, government document that says you are an English Citizen. You are a British citizen your nationality is different.Your nationality isn't British.

Sorry to prove you wrong again! did you "

Yup, it clearly states Nationality: British Citizen.

British citizen and my nationality is English.

Cambridge

"British citizen and my nationality is English. "

Not in any legal sense, or on any legal document or government issued document. Just in your head is your nationality English.

"British citizen and my nationality is English.

Not in any legal sense, or on any legal document or government issued document. Just in your head is your nationality English. "

Identity is all in the mind.Its an abstract concept.You can name it on a legal document doesn't change how humans feel.

Newbury

No, Wales.

There was never a time when Welsh was spoken all over Wales. It's a fabrication. "

But there is and indeed was a time when monoglot Welsh speakers existed.

Really ? Your going through all this again ,i was born a scottish national it says so on my birth certificate so im scottish,as said to you before would never class myself as british hope you get that loud and clear

Cambridge

No, Wales.

But there is and indeed was a time when monoglot Welsh speakers existed. "

There was a time when the people of Cambridge spoke Iceni. They don't any more, and I don't shed a tear about that. Do you?

Its good to see the welsh kids being taught their national language also lots of gaelic speakers in scotland and Ireland long may it continue

Newbury

No, Wales.

There was a time when the people of Cambridge spoke Iceni. They don't any more, and I don't shed a tear about that. Do you?"

There are (or were when I lived there) people in Ceredigion who only spoke Welsh. I met some when I was in hospital - older people who may have been taught English at school, but it wasn't spoken at home and therefore hadn't spoken it since they left school at 14. Their relations had to translate the hospital menus for them or they would order stuff they didn't like.

Welsh was never a dead language.

Cambridge

"Really ? Your going through all this again ,i was born a scottish national it says so on my birth certificate so im scottish,as said to you before would never class myself as british hope you get that loud and clear "

Are you sure it says so on your birth certificate?

On mine it doesn't say any nationality. It doesn't on my daughter's either. It says place of birth, it has the district and sub district of where the birth is registered, and address of parents, but nothing to do with nationality.

Newbury

No, Wales.

There was a time when the people of Cambridge spoke Iceni. They don't any more, and I don't shed a tear about that. Do you?"

Also due to colonisation, lots of people on the Indian subcontinent speak English. Should they abandon their own languages because English is (according to you) "more useful".

Since 'Britain' refers to the mainland of the UK and so by definition, does not include NI, or any of the surrounding islands, does that not then mean, in truth, that 'British' is not actually a nationality under your definition? (Ignoring the fact that the UK is in fact an amalgam of nations.)

Newbury

"Since 'Britain' refers to the mainland of the UK and so by definition, does not include NI, or any of the surrounding islands, does that not then mean, in truth, that 'British' is not actually a nationality under your definition? (Ignoring the fact that the UK is in fact an amalgam of nations.)"

If you want to be pedantic; you could say that "Britain" is where the Britons live - Wales, Cornwall and Brittany.

Cambridge

No, Wales.

There was a time when the people of Cambridge spoke Iceni. They don't any more, and I don't shed a tear about that. Do you?

Also due to colonisation, lots of people on the Indian subcontinent speak English. Should they abandon their own languages because English is (according to you) "more useful"."

I have conducted human rights interviews with women who were r@ped because they spoke the "wrong" language. That wouldn't have happened if they had been speaking the language of the majority of that country. Do you think that is a price worth paying? Would you be happy for that to happen to your mother? Your girlfriend? Your wife? Your sister? Your daughter?

I don't.

No, Wales.

Also due to colonisation, lots of people on the Indian subcontinent speak English. Should they abandon their own languages because English is (according to you) "more useful".

I have conducted human rights interviews with women who were r@ped because they spoke the "wrong" language. That wouldn't have happened if they had been speaking the language of the majority of that country. Do you think that is a price worth paying? Would you be happy for that to happen to your mother? Your girlfriend? Your wife? Your sister? Your daughter?

I don't. "

You've said this more than once.Its irrelevant .It's as if you think mono culture is superior to multi culture.

Newbury

No, Wales.

I don't. "

So we should all be frightened into speaking English because the English got there first and Beat, tortured and killed people who didn't speak English.

People have been beheaded because they are the "wrong" religion (or indeed have no religion see: atheists in Africa/The Middle East). Should we all convert to the majority religion to avoid persecution?

Of course not. Blame the r@pists, not their victims for speaking the wrong language/having the wrong religion/wearing the wrong outfit/going to the wrong party etc...

Cambridge

No, Wales.

I don't. You've said this more than once.Its irrelevant .It's as if you think mono culture is superior to multi culture."

I'll be sure to tell them how unimportant you found their situation.

Cambridge

No, Wales.

I don't.

So we should all be frightened into speaking English because the English got there first and Beat, tortured and killed people who didn't speak English.

People have been beheaded because they are the "wrong" religion (or indeed have no religion see: atheists in Africa/The Middle East). Should we all convert to the majority religion to avoid persecution?

Of course not. Blame the r@pists, not their victims for speaking the wrong language/having the wrong religion/wearing the wrong outfit/going to the wrong party etc..."

So are you saying it is a price worth paying?

Cambridge

No, Wales.

I don't.

Of course not. Blame the r@pists, not their victims for speaking the wrong language/having the wrong religion/wearing the wrong outfit/going to the wrong party etc...

So are you saying it is a price worth paying?"

And no, neither language were English.

Newbury

No, Wales.

I don't.

No. I'm saying blame the r@pists, not the victims.

Do you think women should dress modestly because women have been r@aped who have been dressed suggestively?

No, Wales.

I don't.

Yes

"Really ? Your going through all this again ,i was born a scottish national it says so on my birth certificate so im scottish,as said to you before would never class myself as british hope you get that loud and clear

On mine it doesn't say any nationality. It doesn't on my daughter's either. It says place of birth, it has the district and sub district of where the birth is registered, and address of parents, but nothing to do with nationality. "

Positive ,not all countries word there birth certificates the same and nowhere on mine does it say british

Cambridge

"Really ? Your going through all this again ,i was born a scottish national it says so on my birth certificate so im scottish,as said to you before would never class myself as british hope you get that loud and clear

On mine it doesn't say any nationality. It doesn't on my daughter's either. It says place of birth, it has the district and sub district of where the birth is registered, and address of parents, but nothing to do with nationality.

Positive ,not all countries word there birth certificates the same and nowhere on mine does it say british"

No, you said yours said that you are Scottish. Now you are claiming that it doesn't say you are British. They are 2 different things.

Does your birth certificate specifically state that your nationality is Scottish?

Positive ,not all countries word there birth certificates the same and nowhere on mine does it say british

No, you said yours said that you are Scottish. Now you are claiming that it doesn't say you are British. They are 2 different things.

Does your birth certificate specifically state that your nationality is Scottish?"

Yes it does nationality scottish no mention of british

Cambridge

Does your birth certificate specifically state that your nationality is Scottish?

Yes it does nationality scottish no mention of british "

That's strange, this is what National Records Scotland says:

Most records include:

name and surname of the child

where born

date and time of birth

sex

name, surname and occupation of father

name and maiden surname of mother

date and place of the parents' marriage

signature, address (if not the place of birth) and relation of informant

signature of registrar.

https://www.nrscotland.gov.uk/research/guides/statutory-registers/births

They make no mention of nationality. I can't seem to find any examples of Scottish birth certificates that mention nationality either.

Most records include:

where born

date and time of birth

sex

signature of registrar.

They make no mention of nationality. I can't seem to find any examples of Scottish birth certificates that mention nationality either. "

Ah you should change your search to regional and highlands and islands not all birth cetificates are the same ,il stick to whats on mine and its scottish

Cambridge

Most records include:

where born

date and time of birth

sex

signature of registrar.

They make no mention of nationality. I can't seem to find any examples of Scottish birth certificates that mention nationality either.

Ah you should change your search to regional and highlands and islands not all birth cetificates are the same ,il stick to whats on mine and its scottish "

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ssi/1999/104/made?view=plain

Here is the legislation specifically for Scottish births, again, no mention what so ever of nationality.

This is based on the 1965 Act, would you have been born before that? Although we have clarified that nationality definitely hasn't been recorded since 1965, I interested to find out if it was previously recorded. Even though National Records Scotland have made no mention of it.

Newbury

You seem to have avoided my questions CLCC.

How far should women go to avoid r@pe? Should they all dress in sackcloth?

Most records include:

where born

date and time of birth

sex

signature of registrar.

Ah you should change your search to regional and highlands and islands not all birth cetificates are the same ,il stick to whats on mine and its scottish

Here is the legislation specifically for Scottish births, again, no mention what so ever of nationality.

This is based on the 1965 Act, would you have been born before that? Although we have clarified that nationality definitely hasn't been recorded since 1965, I interested to find out if it was previously recorded. Even though National Records Scotland have made no mention of it."

As you have said most records include i highlight the word MOST ,suppose youl have to keep searching lol

Cambridge

Most records include:

where born

date and time of birth

sex

signature of registrar.

This is based on the 1965 Act, would you have been born before that? Although we have clarified that nationality definitely hasn't been recorded since 1965, I interested to find out if it was previously recorded. Even though National Records Scotland have made no mention of it.

As you have said most records include i highlight the word MOST ,suppose youl have to keep searching lol "

Well the legislation covers all of Scotland, so since 1965 it hasn't been recorded. You might have been born before 1965, but if you don't answer that question, I don't know.

Cambridge

"You seem to have avoided my questions CLCC.

How far should women go to avoid r@pe? Should they all dress in sackcloth?"

You have missed the point entirely.

Most records include:

where born

date and time of birth

sex

signature of registrar.

As you have said most records include i highlight the word MOST ,suppose youl have to keep searching lol

Well the legislation covers all of Scotland, so since 1965 it hasn't been recorded. You might have been born before 1965, but if you don't answer that question, I don't know. "

Exactly you dont know so keep searching lol

Newbury

"You seem to have avoided my questions CLCC.

How far should women go to avoid r@pe? Should they all dress in sackcloth?

You have missed the point entirely. "

No, I haven't.

I want to know how far women should go to avoid encouraging r@pists.

Most records include:

where born

date and time of birth

sex

signature of registrar.

Well the legislation covers all of Scotland, so since 1965 it hasn't been recorded. You might have been born before 1965, but if you don't answer that question, I don't know. "

Does it really ? Some highland and island ones differ from the mainland im sure if you keep searching you might find it

Cambridge

Most records include:

where born

date and time of birth

sex

signature of registrar.

Well the legislation covers all of Scotland, so since 1965 it hasn't been recorded. You might have been born before 1965, but if you don't answer that question, I don't know.

Does it really ? Some highland and island ones differ from the mainland im sure if you keep searching you might find it "

You are really showing your ignorance if you truly believe that the legislation is different in the highlands and islands. But I think more likely you are trolling. I have posted links to the legislation which proves beyond doubt that nationality is not recorded at birth.

No one has been able to provide any official, legal, government issued document that states English, Welsh, NI or Scottish nationality. In this country there is only one nationality, that is British. I don't care if that offends or upsets you, but its the truth.

Most records include:

where born

date and time of birth

sex

signature of registrar.

Does it really ? Some highland and island ones differ from the mainland im sure if you keep searching you might find it

You are really showing your ignorance if you truly believe that the legislation is different in the highlands and islands. But I think more likely you are trolling. I have posted links to the legislation which proves beyond doubt that nationality is not recorded at birth.

No one has been able to provide any official, legal, government issued document that states English, Welsh, NI or Scottish nationality. In this country there is only one nationality, that is British. I don't care if that offends or upsets you, but its the truth. "

So you never found it lol im not offended at all as i know im scottish and the majority on this thread have told you your wrong so im happy with that and remember scottish never british lol

Cambridge

Most records include:

where born

date and time of birth

sex

signature of registrar.

No one has been able to provide any official, legal, government issued document that states English, Welsh, NI or Scottish nationality. In this country there is only one nationality, that is British. I don't care if that offends or upsets you, but its the truth.

So you never found it lol im not offended at all as i know im scottish and the majority on this thread have told you your wrong so im happy with that and remember scottish never british lol "

Right, I'm wrong? I think you'll find that I am the only one who provided links to official passport design and legislation, proving that I'm right. You were completely unable to provide proof of any documentation to prove that your nationality is Scottish.

By *icklybitMan  over a year ago

Ayrshire

Nat tells lies.

Nat can't admit it.

Nat makes an arse of himself.

Nat brasses it out.

Where have I seen that before.

Sheffield

"

I don't. "

Disgusting violation, and atittude.

So, in your opinion people should keep their head down and conform to avoid abuse? Really?

Should British muslims not show any signs of being that, to stop being attacked by thugs? Because it's the same logic.

You've used that sick argument for what happened in Catalonia too.

People don't want to be part of your homogenous, all conforming, New World Order.

"

I don't.

So, in your opinion people should keep their head down and conform to avoid abuse? Really?

Should British muslims not show any signs of being that, to stop being attacked by thugs? Because it's the same logic.

People don't want to be part of your homogenous, all conforming, New World Order."

He's a sick puppy. I'm sure he thinks Tibetans should keep their mouths shut around the Han Chinese.

Cambridge

"

I don't.

People don't want to be part of your homogenous, all conforming, New World Order.

He's a sick puppy. I'm sure he thinks Tibetans should keep their mouths shut around the Han Chinese. "

I'm saying that humans should concentrate on what joins them together, rather than their differences. Some on here prefer to celebrate differences which leads to hatred and violence.

Newbury

"

I don't.

People don't want to be part of your homogenous, all conforming, New World Order."

It goes further than that. It's insidious victim blaming. Perhaps Brock Turners victims "asked for it" by not staying home....

Sheffield

"

I don't.

It goes further than that. It's insidious victim blaming. Perhaps Brock Turners victims "asked for it" by not staying home.... "

Correct. And the perpetrators of the vile crimes will be passing on the same message - 'keep quiet and confirm or the same will happen to you' .

Sheffield

"

He's a sick puppy. I'm sure he thinks Tibetans should keep their mouths shut around the Han Chinese.

I'm saying that humans should concentrate on what joins them together, rather than their differences. Some on here prefer to celebrate differences which leads to hatred and violence. "

Absolutely not. Ever. I suggest you read or re-read 1984, it was a warning, not a manifesto.

We should all cherish peoples differences, culture and diversity, not stamp them out.

Cambridge

"

I'm saying that humans should concentrate on what joins them together, rather than their differences. Some on here prefer to celebrate differences which leads to hatred and violence.

Absolutely not. Ever. I suggest you read or re-read 1984, it was a warning, not a manifesto.

We should all cherish peoples differences, culture and diversity, not stamp them out."

1984 is all about focusing on differences, not about the common humanity. That's why its a world of continuous war for no reason.

Sheffield

"

We should all cherish peoples differences, culture and diversity, not stamp them out.

1984 is all about focusing on differences, not about the common humanity. That's why its a world of continuous war for no reason. "

The oppression of differences. Sounds too familiar to your posts in this thread.

Wiping out peoples individuality and culture and differences might be your solution to war, it isn't mine, or luckily most other free thinking people.

We should celebrate and enjoy cultural differences.

Do you travel on holiday and wish the culture of the place you are visiting could be homogenised into our ever-growing corporate one-ness??

Cambridge

"

1984 is all about focusing on differences, not about the common humanity. That's why its a world of continuous war for no reason.

The oppression of differences. Sounds too familiar to your posts in this thread.

Wiping out peoples individuality and culture and differences might be your solution to war, it isn't mine, or luckily most other free thinking people.

We should celebrate and enjoy cultural differences.

Do you travel on holiday and wish the culture of the place you are visiting could be homogenised into our ever-growing corporate one-ness??"

Actually I think you'll find that progress is in my direction with legislation banning discrimination on differences. You ideas of keeping people in seperate and distinct little boxes is going the way of the dinosaurs. It's not what makes us different that's important, it's our similarities. No longer can you be discriminated against because of gender, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, disability etc. It doesn't matter if you are English, Welsh, NI, or Scottish to get a job, or get a house. It used to be the case that that was the same for EU citizens, however you voted to deny millions of people those rights in the UK, and the rights of the UK population to enjoy those rights in the rest of the EU. A referendum result that celebrates our difference, and has resulted in a huge rise of hate crimes. Which absolutely proves me point that focusing on differences causes violence.

Sheffield

Not reply+quoting.

I don't think you understand the difference in discrimination and welcoming peoples' differences.

It's a slippery slope towards the master race thinking and genocide.

At the very least your suggesting a cultural purge for the benefit of all.I don't think you'd be so keen if it was English culture and language.Because once you lose the language you lose your cultural identity.

Cambridge

"It's a slippery slope towards the master race thinking and genocide.

At the very least your suggesting a cultural purge for the benefit of all.I don't think you'd be so keen if it was English culture and language.Because once you lose the language you lose your cultural identity."

It is a slippery slope if you focus on differences rather than the common humanity that we all share.

Sheffield

At the very least your suggesting a cultural purge for the benefit of all.I don't think you'd be so keen if it was English culture and language.Because once you lose the language you lose your cultural identity.

It is a slippery slope if you focus on differences rather than the common humanity that we all share. "

But you want to eradicate the differences and cultural identity. Can't you distinguish between the two things?

Cambridge

It is a slippery slope if you focus on differences rather than the common humanity that we all share.

But you want to eradicate the differences and cultural identity. Can't you distinguish between the two things?"

Which one of us voted to discriminate against EU citizens? I'll give you a clue, it wasn't me.

Sheffield

But you want to eradicate the differences and cultural identity. Can't you distinguish between the two things?

Which one of us voted to discriminate against EU citizens? I'll give you a clue, it wasn't me. "

This has nothing to do with brexit.

You have made several posts showing your dislike of cultural differences. If you want cultural differences eradicated so we are all the same, and there is therefore nothing to discriminate against that's your opinion.Most people don't want it. They enjoy those differences in a healthy positive way.

Can you explain the steps you'd like to take to stop people retaining their cultural identity?

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

Which one of us voted to discriminate against EU citizens? I'll give you a clue, it wasn't me. "

Isn't it the EU which is more discriminatory? The EU free movement of people rules give preferential treatment to EU citizens, which discriminates against non EU citizens.

So which of us voted to discriminate against non EU citizens? I'll give you a clue, it wasn't me.

Cambridge

Which one of us voted to discriminate against EU citizens? I'll give you a clue, it wasn't me.

You have made several posts showing your dislike of cultural differences. If you want cultural differences eradicated so we are all the same, and there is therefore nothing to discriminate against that's your opinion.Most people don't want it. They enjoy those differences in a healthy positive way.

Can you explain the steps you'd like to take to stop people retaining their cultural identity?"

Nothing to do with Brexit? Brexit is a perfect example of discrimination and violence based on nationality

Cambridge

Isn't it the EU which is more discriminatory? The EU free movement of people rules give preferential treatment to EU citizens, which discriminates against non EU citizens.

So which of us voted to discriminate against non EU citizens? I'll give you a clue, it wasn't me. "

No, it doesn't discriminate against non-EU citizens. The EU has no policy what so ever on non-EU citizens. The immigration policies are the sole preserve of the member states.

Sheffield

"

Can you explain the steps you'd like to take to stop people retaining their cultural identity?

Nothing to do with Brexit? Brexit is a perfect example of discrimination and violence based on nationality"

Brexit has nothing to do with violence. You like making out people are racist thugs, as it's a quick lazy way of silencing people. It's nasty and insulting and you normally use it when you have run out of other ideas.

Please stay on topic and explain which cultural differences you want eradicating please.

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

Nothing to do with Brexit? Brexit is a perfect example of discrimination and violence based on nationality"

wtf were is the violence then lol

Cambridge

"

Nothing to do with Brexit? Brexit is a perfect example of discrimination and violence based on nationality

Brexit has nothing to do with violence. You like making out people are racist thugs, as it's a quick lazy way of silencing people. It's nasty and insulting and you normally use it when you have run out of other ideas.

Please stay on topic and explain which cultural differences you want eradicating please."

It's complete nonsense to pretend that the massive rise in hate crimes immediately after the referendum had nothing to do with the referendum.

It is also nonsense to claim stripping rights from millions of people based upon their nationality is not discriminatory.

You say that I have run out of ideas and want to silence people, when you are the one skipping whole posts and refusing to address the issues raised. You obviously don't like what you see in the mirror when your discriminatory views are held up in front of you. Luckily, like I said, legislative progress is on my side.

Sheffield

"

Please stay on topic and explain which cultural differences you want eradicating please.

It's complete nonsense to pretend that the massive rise in hate crimes immediately after the referendum had nothing to do with the referendum.

It is also nonsense to claim stripping rights from millions of people based upon their nationality is not discriminatory.

You say that I have run out of ideas and want to silence people, when you are the one skipping whole posts and refusing to address the issues raised. You obviously don't like what you see in the mirror when your discriminatory views are held up in front of you. Luckily, like I said, legislative progress is on my side."

You've decided to talk about a topic that everybody agrees with - hate crime. This thread isn't about that. It's about national and cultural identity. You don't like either.

Legislative process is rightly on the side of wiping out discrimination, not wiping out cultural differences, as you want.

You've made your points earlier, and luckily everyone can see what your opinions really are. From your examples about language in schools and r@pe of those who choose to speak their own language, it's clearly not worth arguing with you, but everyone can now see your opinions and how they influence your other arguments.

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

Well said

Cambridge

"

You say that I have run out of ideas and want to silence people, when you are the one skipping whole posts and refusing to address the issues raised. You obviously don't like what you see in the mirror when your discriminatory views are held up in front of you. Luckily, like I said, legislative progress is on my side.

You've decided to talk about a topic that everybody agrees with - hate crime. This thread isn't about that. It's about national and cultural identity. You don't like either.

Legislative process is rightly on the side of wiping out discrimination, not wiping out cultural differences, as you want.

You've made your points earlier, and luckily everyone can see what your opinions really are. From your examples about language in schools and r@pe of those who choose to speak their own language, it's clearly not worth arguing with you, but everyone can now see your opinions and how they influence your other arguments."

Yes, my arguement are consistent across all my posts. Focusing on differences, rather than similarities is bad. This is a well known, and well documented fact. Differences are uses to create scapegoats, fear of the "other" whatever that may be. You want to create as many "others" as possible. To pit human against human. I on the other hand look at the similarities and try to build a world in which people work together, rather than one which creates endless conflict, fear and hatred.

To be fair, I'd agree with the paragraph about stripping rights from millions because of their nationality is not right but there's an irony in that that I think would be missed, in the context of why people see their nationality as the same as the nation they live in/identify with, rather than the country/state.

Sheffield

"

Yes, my arguement are consistent across all my posts. Focusing on differences, rather than similarities is bad. This is a well known, and well documented fact. Differences are uses to create scapegoats, fear of the "other" whatever that may be. You want to create as many "others" as possible. To pit human against human. I on the other hand look at the similarities and try to build a world in which people work together, rather than one which creates endless conflict, fear and hatred. "

Most people don't have fear or hatred of other peoples nationality or culture.

You gave an example of women being r@ped for speaking their language and concluded it's a bad thing to do.

Should people stop wearing hijabs so a mindless minority stop abusing them in the street? Should people stop having Jewish headstones, so they aren't desecrated? Where will it stop??

Stop discrimination, not cultural identity.

Cambridge

"

Yes, my arguement are consistent across all my posts. Focusing on differences, rather than similarities is bad. This is a well known, and well documented fact. Differences are uses to create scapegoats, fear of the "other" whatever that may be. You want to create as many "others" as possible. To pit human against human. I on the other hand look at the similarities and try to build a world in which people work together, rather than one which creates endless conflict, fear and hatred.

You gave an example of women being r@ped for speaking their language and concluded it's a bad thing to do.

Should people stop wearing hijabs so a mindless minority stop abusing them in the street? Should people stop having Jewish headstones, so they aren't desecrated? Where will it stop??

Stop discrimination, not cultural identity."

There is plenty of fear and hatred of other cultures, look at the middle east, look at ISIS, look at the Rohingya, look at the rise of the far right, look at hate crimes. It's everywhere.

Sheffield

"

Stop discrimination, not cultural identity.

There is plenty of fear and hatred of other cultures, look at the middle east, look at ISIS, look at the Rohingya, look at the rise of the far right, look at hate crimes. It's everywhere. "

The answer isn't throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Should homosexuality be stopped to stop homophobic crimes??

Should possessions be scrapped to stop theft?? Not in my opinion.

Your goal of wiping out cultural identity to stop cultural based crimes is equally as wrong.

Newbury

"

You've made your points earlier, and luckily everyone can see what your opinions really are. From your examples about language in schools and r@pe of those who choose to speak their own language, it's clearly not worth arguing with you, but everyone can now see your opinions and how they influence your other arguments.

Yes, my arguement are consistent across all my posts. Focusing on differences, rather than similarities is bad. This is a well known, and well documented fact. Differences are uses to create scapegoats, fear of the "other" whatever that may be. You want to create as many "others" as possible. To pit human against human. I on the other hand look at the similarities and try to build a world in which people work together, rather than one which creates endless conflict, fear and hatred. "

Just because you proclaim something is a "fact" does not make it so.

You still haven't told us what women should do in order not to encourage r@pists.

Cambridge

"

You still haven't told us what women should do in order not to encourage r@pists.

"

Dehumanisation is a fact, that labelling other human beings as the "other" allows them to do horrible things including genocide and crimes against humanity. I can't believe you are even trying to deny that in a sad attempt to push your agenda.

It's not the individual women who need to di anything to stop getting attacked. It is society that needs to stop focusing on the differences. Focusing on difference, rather than the similarities is what leads to dehumanisation. That dehumanisation then leads to those kind of attacks. This is a well known phenomenon, so you cannot claim to be ignorant of the consequences of your actions.

Newbury

"

Dehumanisation is a fact, that labelling other human beings as the "other" allows them to do horrible things including genocide and crimes against humanity. I can't believe you are even trying to deny that in a sad attempt to push your agenda.

It's not the individual women who need to di anything to stop getting attacked. It is society that needs to stop focusing on the differences. Focusing on difference, rather than the similarities is what leads to dehumanisation. That dehumanisation then leads to those kind of attacks. This is a well known phenomenon, so you cannot claim to be ignorant of the consequences of your actions. "

Not at all true - celebrating differences and discussing them leads to understanding and cohesion.

Again, you saying something is a "well known phenomenon" does not make it so.

You still haven't said how the women who were r@ped for speaking their own language should have tried to avoid persecution.

Should anybody who is "different" or unusual be forced to become "more the same" so that society accepts them.

How would you like to choose which cultures perish? How would you assist in the eradication of them?

Perhaps you could start by banning texts of cultural import. Maybe you could burn some to send a message - you know, to help people give up silly ideas about their differences being tolerated..

Sheffield

"

It's not the individual women who need to di anything to stop getting attacked. It is society that needs to stop focusing on the differences. Focusing on difference, rather than the similarities is what leads to dehumanisation. That dehumanisation then leads to those kind of attacks. This is a well known phenomenon, so you cannot claim to be ignorant of the consequences of your actions. "

What do you mean by 'consequences of your actions' ?

Are you making out people who enjoy cultural diversity are in some way responsible for hate crime???

Whereas your phobia of peoples differences is the sensible choice??

Newbury

"

It's not the individual women who need to di anything to stop getting attacked. It is society that needs to stop focusing on the differences. Focusing on difference, rather than the similarities is what leads to dehumanisation. That dehumanisation then leads to those kind of attacks. This is a well known phenomenon, so you cannot claim to be ignorant of the consequences of your actions.

What do you mean by 'consequences of your actions' ?

Are you making out people who enjoy cultural diversity are in some way responsible for hate crime???

Whereas your phobia of peoples differences is the sensible choice??"

You say "phobia of people's differences", I say "Social Darwinism".....

Sheffield

"

You say "phobia of people's differences", I say "Social Darwinism"....."

And which cultures will be the weakest and wither, and which will become the single surviving one, and how???

Newbury

"

You say "phobia of people's differences", I say "Social Darwinism".....

And which cultures will be the weakest and wither, and which will become the single surviving one, and how???"

Apparently CLCC has the answers....

"Really ? Your going through all this again ,i was born a scottish national it says so on my birth certificate so im scottish,as said to you before would never class myself as british hope you get that loud and clear "

Still doesn't change the fact that you're also British

I'd never describe myself as British

I'm English

"I'd never describe myself as British

I'm English "

Your profile states Yorkshire.