FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Inflation Is Up Again!

Inflation Is Up Again!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *LCC OP   Couple  over a year ago

Cambridge

Well done Brexiters

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"Well done Brexiters "

It's gone up by 0.1% then

Inflation was 3.0% in October and it's 3.1% now. Those are the figures being shown on sky news tonight. Also on sky news just now during the press preview tomorrow's newspapers like the FT report economic experts and academics (and we all know the OP loves them and trusts them unquestionably) are saying inflation has now reached it peak. They say it will now start to fall and will be between 2% and 3% by Easter.

Cambridge

"Well done Brexiters

Inflation was 3.0% in October and it's 3.1% now. Those are the figures being shown on sky news tonight. Also on sky news just now during the press preview tomorrow's newspapers like the FT report economic experts and academics (and we all know the OP loves them and trusts them unquestionably) are saying inflation has now reached it peak. They say it will now start to fall and will be between 2% and 3% by Easter. "

So you, Sky news, and the experts all agree that inflation is going to be higher than the 2% target set by government then. It's nice to see you are finally starting to accept the economic reality post referendum.

By *xplicitlyricsMan  over a year ago

south dublin

So inflation was about 0.7% before Brexit now its up to 3.1%. Its the highest its been in 6 years. Its 50% higher than the government were targetting which means the BoE governer has to write a letter explaining why this has happened.

Compare this to the eurozone where its less than half at 1.5%. So its not like this is a rate of inflation we're seeing in the rest of Europe.

Brexit has made a lot of families poorer this christmas.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

This across the board figure of over 3% also masks the individual elements that many of us are now paying considerably higher increases upon than 3$. Some food and transport costs rose by more, just at the lower levels above 3%.

Watching sky news

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"This across the board figure of over 3% also masks the individual elements that many of us are now paying considerably higher increases upon than 3$. Some food and transport costs rose by more, just at the lower levels above 3%.

Watching sky news

"

remember those people on here who were loving the drop in the value of the pound and were cheering when they said it had been overvalues for years... and that this would help with exports.....

well what they forget is that we rely more on imports.... and this is what happens when the price of food and energy goes for us "normal" people.....

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"This across the board figure of over 3% also masks the individual elements that many of us are now paying considerably higher increases upon than 3$. Some food and transport costs rose by more, just at the lower levels above 3%.

Watching sky news

remember those people on here who were loving the drop in the value of the pound and were cheering when they said it had been overvalues for years... and that this would help with exports.....

well what they forget is that we rely more on imports.... and this is what happens when the price of food and energy goes for us "normal" people.....

"

How can Brexit be judged when we still haven't left yet ?

We do rely more on Imports but we shouldn't and we need to change this !

We could start making things again

Just a thought

"We do rely more on Imports but we shouldn't and we need to change this !

"

Given that the UK can't feed itself and hasn't been capable of doing so for decades, I'm morbidly curious as to how you figure this could be changed.

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

Food inflation is now running at an average of 11% (using CPI measurement) and nearly 18% (using RPI measurement).

But no one has anything to really worry about because the overall CPI figure is barely 3.1% and will drop in January when the price of your i phone, cycle helmet and play station fall in the January sales...

"Well done Brexiters

Inflation was 3.0% in October and it's 3.1% now. Those are the figures being shown on sky news tonight. Also on sky news just now during the press preview tomorrow's newspapers like the FT report economic experts and academics (and we all know the OP loves them and trusts them unquestionably) are saying inflation has now reached it peak. They say it will now start to fall and will be between 2% and 3% by Easter. "

More spin...what you cant see and will never see it...your bunch and bum chum Farage have caused this...they've caused the pound to drop dramatically..basically they have fucked up the economy...and the sad thing about it all is the poorest in our society will be paying for this yes those who can least afford it

not to mention the more years of austerity to come for them ....i hope your happy

Watching sky news

How can Brexit be judged when we still haven't left yet ?

Just a thought "

'We do rely more on imports...we need to change this'

Great but youre sounding like a green party official.

You tell people that they should live off a diet mainly consisting of cabbage and potatoes and other root veggies and you'll soon see people getting pissy about the prices of oranges, courgettes and bannanas all year round.

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"...

Just a thought "

Over simplistic thinking that does not take into account global demographics. There are very real reasons why mass industrialisation left these shores and until and unless British workers want to accept lower wages and living standards - it won’t be back.

We do hi tech quite well - British Aerospace, Airbus etc but these are very high level investments. “Our” car industry is actually foreign owned and entrepreneur set ups like Dyson produce overseas, rather than here in the U.K.

In other words... a nice sentiment but in practical terms, the world has moved on and finding people to invest in U.K. production will be a very hard thing to do.

Cannock

"Well done Brexiters

Inflation was 3.0% in October and it's 3.1% now. Those are the figures being shown on sky news tonight. Also on sky news just now during the press preview tomorrow's newspapers like the FT report economic experts and academics (and we all know the OP loves them and trusts them unquestionably) are saying inflation has now reached it peak. They say it will now start to fall and will be between 2% and 3% by Easter.

More spin...what you cant see and will never see it...your bunch and bum chum Farage have caused this...they've caused the pound to drop dramatically..basically they have fucked up the economy...and the sad thing about it all is the poorest in our society will be paying for this yes those who can least afford it

not to mention the more years of austerity to come for them ....i hope your happy "

Yes I'm very happy

In fact overjoyed since the country voted to leave the EU last year.

It seems the whole country is also happier as the ONS report on happiness and life satisfaction levels a few weeks ago showed that the country is at its happiest point now since the year 2011.

"Well done Brexiters

not to mention the more years of austerity to come for them ....i hope your happy

Yes I'm very happy

It seems the whole country is also happier as the ONS report on happiness and life satisfaction levels a few weeks ago showed that the country is at its happiest point now since the year 2011. "

Absolute crap

Cannock

"Well done Brexiters

Yes I'm very happy

It seems the whole country is also happier as the ONS report on happiness and life satisfaction levels a few weeks ago showed that the country is at its happiest point now since the year 2011.

Absolute crap"

So you dispute the official figures from the Office for National Statistics then?

Newcastle and Gateshead

the fact that you are very happy that more people have to suffer in the grips of austerity is probably the most telling thing you have said in this entire thread centaur....

just think about what you actually said in this thread and how others read it...

completely tone deaf!!!!

Cannock

"the fact that you are very happy that more people have to suffer in the grips of austerity is probably the most telling thing you have said in this entire thread centaur....

just think about what you actually said in this thread and how others read it...

completely tone deaf!!!! "

Oh look, Another one who missed the recent report from the Office for National statistics which showed Happiness and Life satisfaction levels are now at their highest since the year 2011.

"the fact that you are very happy that more people have to suffer in the grips of austerity is probably the most telling thing you have said in this entire thread centaur....

completely tone deaf!!!! "

I cannot see the relevance to austerity . Despite some people continuously talking about it I can see little evidence that it actually exists . Every time I drive down a motorway , walk through a town centre or go to hospital ( as a visitor ) I really struggle to identify any of the austerity measures which people refer to.

Interestly though, unemployment in the Eurozone is amongst the highest in the developed world and twice that of the UK. Unemployment in the Uk has fallen from 4.9 % to 4.3 % since the Brexit vote. This compares to 20.6 % in Greece , 16.7 % in Spain and 11.1 % in Italy .

In addition the autumn budget cut income tax by raising threshholds so this will help counteract some of the inflation .

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

completely tone deaf!!!! I cannot see the relevance to austerity . Despite some people continuously talking about it I can see little evidence that it actually exists . Every time I drive down a motorway , walk through a town centre or go to hospital ( as a visitor ) I really struggle to identify any of the austerity measures which people refer to.

Interestly though, unemployment in the Eurozone is amongst the highest in the developed world and twice that of the UK. Unemployment in the Uk has fallen from 4.9 % to 4.3 % since the Brexit vote. This compares to 20.6 % in Greece , 16.7 % in Spain and 11.1 % in Italy .

In addition the autumn budget cut income tax by raising threshholds so this will help counteract some of the inflation .

"

none so blind..

take your head out of the sand Pat, its there for some in all parts of the country..

look at the rise in homelessness and the increased use of food banks..

completely tone deaf!!!! I cannot see the relevance to austerity . Despite some people continuously talking about it I can see little evidence that it actually exists . Every time I drive down a motorway , walk through a town centre or go to hospital ( as a visitor ) I really struggle to identify any of the austerity measures which people refer to.

"

Ok Pat...did you know in this country....you can be unemployed....in receipt of universal credits....and NOT be counted on the unemployment register....you need to get your head out of the sand do some research...then maybe you might understand....id say in this country theres in excess of 5 million people unemployed not the figures that this corrupt government are claiming...

"Well done Brexiters

Yes I'm very happy

Absolute crap

So you dispute the official figures from the Office for National Statistics then?"

I disagree with your bullshit and crap ...like i said more fucking spin

By *utandbigMan  over a year ago

Bournemouth

"Well done Brexiters

Yes I'm very happy

It seems the whole country is also happier as the ONS report on happiness and life satisfaction levels a few weeks ago showed that the country is at its happiest point now since the year 2011. "

your d*unk and talk utter bollocks

Newcastle and Gateshead

honest... so we learn that centaurs deaf and pat is blind!!!!!

see no evil, hear no evil!!!

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

completely tone deaf!!!!

Oh look, Another one who missed the recent report from the Office for National statistics which showed Happiness and Life satisfaction levels are now at their highest since the year 2011. "

Oh crumbs... you still going on about that? The report that you claimed showed people were 'significantly' happier (paraphrasing, can't be arsed to look up your bs). If I remember rightly the happiness rating had gone up 1% overall and was only because it went up in England, it dropped in all other countries. I wonder what it will show for NI after we've fucked them over a bit more?

-Matt

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

completely tone deaf!!!!

Oh look, Another one who missed the recent report from the Office for National statistics which showed Happiness and Life satisfaction levels are now at their highest since the year 2011. "

You totally avoided the subject of Fabio's post, instead trying in vain to misdirect us to your irrelevant comment upon happiness.

By *oncupiscentTonyMan  over a year ago

Kent

"Every time I drive down a motorway , walk through a town centre or go to hospital ( as a visitor ) I really struggle to identify any of the austerity measures which people refer to"

Blimey!

Ok Pat...did you know in this country....you can be unemployed....in receipt of universal credits....and NOT be counted on the unemployment register....you need to get your head out of the sand do some research...then maybe you might understand....id say in this country theres in excess of 5 million people unemployed not the figures that this corrupt government are claiming... "

Totally agree. When i was claiming jsa, i was always put on a course.

Reason being that if your put on a course on "how to get a job" , or if your sanctioned for punitive reasons, your not listed as unemployed.

By *oncupiscentTonyMan  over a year ago

Kent

"It seems the whole country is also happier as the ONS report on happiness and life satisfaction levels a few weeks ago showed that the country is at its happiest point now since the year 2011"

The WHOLE country?

"

Ok Pat...did you know in this country....you can be unemployed....in receipt of universal credits....and NOT be counted on the unemployment register....you need to get your head out of the sand do some research...then maybe you might understand....id say in this country theres in excess of 5 million people unemployed not the figures that this corrupt government are claiming... "

They don't even count the masses who declare they have given up looking for work all together

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Well done Brexiters "
Inflation is cyclical it is not all caused by Brexit and inflation is still very low and is expected to fall next year.

We should all invest in Bitcoin!

upton wirral

"We should all invest in Bitcoin!"
Wish I could afford one lol,but I think that will end in tears for many it is to good to be real

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

"Well done Brexiters Inflation is cyclical it is not all caused by Brexit and inflation is still very low and is expected to fall next year.

"

There are three things that cause inflation

1) Growth of the money supply

2) increase in cost of imported goods

3) Increase in the cost of production (often by wage increases)

There has been no significant increase in wages over the last year.

Imported goods have gone up by 15% to 20% as a direct result of the BREXIT devaluation in GBP.

The money supply has also increased due to QE.

So you're right, inflation is not due solely to BREXIT, just the bit that is above the target level is.

"We should all invest in Bitcoin!Wish I could afford one lol,but I think that will end in tears for many it is to good to be real"

Yeah can see it falling flat on its face soon!

"Well done Brexiters Inflation is cyclical it is not all caused by Brexit and inflation is still very low and is expected to fall next year.

There are three things that cause inflation

1) Growth of the money supply

2) increase in cost of imported goods

3) Increase in the cost of production (often by wage increases)

There has been no significant increase in wages over the last year.

Imported goods have gone up by 15% to 20% as a direct result of the BREXIT devaluation in GBP.

The money supply has also increased due to QE.

So you're right, inflation is not due solely to BREXIT, just the bit that is above the target level is."

You had the right answer at 1,2&3 are products of 1 not causes!.

Globally the money supply has expanded massively and inflation is the inevitable consequence of that but it requires something else, it requires that money to go into circulation which is why the UK is seeing the inflation from the few years of previous growth, if and when the EU sees growth levels near like old, they too will get high levels of inflation,I mean if you were in charge and bright and you've expanded your money supply massively beyond your wildest dreams you could think about increasing the population via immigration to lower your wage inflation that will inevitably come.

All these problems that we've seen for the last ten years are the direct product of the state issued currency we all live under

By *rincessvenusCouple  over a year ago

Hull

lets hope that all those shos that put prices up because of it get there fingers out and bring them back down again ughh i doubt it

"Well done Brexiters "

Your welcome

Cannock

Inflation has now fallen to 2.7% according to figures released yesterday. Other figures released yesterday show average wages have risen above the rate of inflation at 2.8%. Employment is at its highest since 1971 and unemployment at historic lows.

Cambridge

"Inflation has now fallen to 2.7% according to figures released yesterday. Other figures released yesterday show average wages have risen above the rate of inflation at 2.8%. Employment is at its highest since 1971 and unemployment at historic lows. "

I'm glad you are proud that inflation is over the 2% target that has been the mainstay of governments of all colours for decades.

"Inflation has now fallen to 2.7% according to figures released yesterday. Other figures released yesterday show average wages have risen above the rate of inflation at 2.8%. Employment is at its highest since 1971 and unemployment at historic lows.

I'm glad you are proud that inflation is over the 2% target that has been the mainstay of governments of all colours for decades. "

You should change your post to "Inflation has dropped"

Cambridge

"Inflation has now fallen to 2.7% according to figures released yesterday. Other figures released yesterday show average wages have risen above the rate of inflation at 2.8%. Employment is at its highest since 1971 and unemployment at historic lows.

I'm glad you are proud that inflation is over the 2% target that has been the mainstay of governments of all colours for decades.

You should change your post to "Inflation has dropped""

Had it dropped below the 2% target? Erm, NOPE!

Inflation slowed to a seven month low of 2.7% in February

Lower than projected

upton wirral

"Well done Brexiters "
Now inflation has gone down again I do not see you saying well done brexiteers more proof that you are totally biased and not interested in balanced facts.

You will notice I do not say anything about brexit and remain as these factors are of little or no importance at this stage

upton wirral

Had it dropped below the 2% target? Erm, NOPE! "

So what next month will produce different figures again at least take a quarterly view on these matters you are no economist that's for certain

"Inflation has now fallen to 2.7% according to figures released yesterday. Other figures released yesterday show average wages have risen above the rate of inflation at 2.8%. Employment is at its highest since 1971 and unemployment at historic lows. "

Please can I forward this to my boss as my pay rises if I can call them that have never even matched inflation for years !!!

Maybe the average is lifted by fat cat bosses awarding themselves huge rises while the workers get hee haw as usual.

Please can I forward this to my boss as my pay rises if I can call them that have never even matched inflation for years !!!

Maybe the average is lifted by fat cat bosses awarding themselves huge rises while the workers get hee haw as usual."

Ive just received a 3% rise in Pension, what will I do with all this extra cash after inflation,

no wonder I have to pan for gold and shoot my own food

Maybe the average is lifted by fat cat bosses awarding themselves huge rises while the workers get hee haw as usual.

Ive just received a 3% rise in Pension, what will I do with all this extra cash after inflation,

no wonder I have to pan for gold and shoot my own food "

I agree it might not be much but is more than many workers are gonna get this year.

Obviously I know that does not make it right.

Cambridge

Had it dropped below the 2% target? Erm, NOPE! So what next month will produce different figures again at least take a quarterly view on these matters you are no economist that's for certain"

Ok, so how many months has inflation been over 2%?

By *andS66Couple  over a year ago

Derby

Had it dropped below the 2% target? Erm, NOPE! So what next month will produce different figures again at least take a quarterly view on these matters you are no economist that's for certain

Ok, so how many months has inflation been over 2%?"

Ok so how many months wad inflation below 2%?

You do know, or maybe you don't, that in May 2015 the governor the BoE wrote an open letter to the chancellor that inflation would rise above 2% within two years, don't you?

Or doesn't that fit in with your pathetic, mindless, clueless rhetoric?

Cambridge

Had it dropped below the 2% target? Erm, NOPE! So what next month will produce different figures again at least take a quarterly view on these matters you are no economist that's for certain

You do know, or maybe you don't, that in May 2015 the governor the BoE wrote an open letter to the chancellor that inflation would rise above 2% within two years, don't you?

Or doesn't that fit in with your pathetic, mindless, clueless rhetoric?"

From 2014 to 2017 it was less than 2%.

Make your mind up, do you believe and listen to the advice of the BofE or Not?

By *andS66Couple  over a year ago

Derby

Make your mind up, do you believe and listen to the advice of the BofE or Not? "

I listen to forecasts, I discount scaremongering.

You on the other hand blindly believe the scaremongering that reinforces your rhetoric of EU good, UK bad.

Cambridge

Make your mind up, do you believe and listen to the advice of the BofE or Not?

I listen to forecasts, I discount scaremongering.

You on the other hand blindly believe the scaremongering that reinforces your rhetoric of EU good, UK bad."

So what have the BofE forecasts been for GDP and inflation been since just before the referendum and since?

» Add a new message to this topic