FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Regret voting for brexit

Regret voting for brexit

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

do you regret or still stand by your vote after what has unfolded since the referendum

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Stand by our votes and would vote the same way again.

By *ieman300Man  over a year ago

Best Greggs in Cheshire East

Stand by my vote.

regret,

brexit cannot come soon enough

By *tillup4funMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

Stand by my vote just wish it did,nt have to drag on so much

I stand by my vote

Would I vote again ?

NO!

By *utandbigMan  over a year ago

Bournemouth

"I stand by my vote

Would I vote again ?

NO!"

Stand by my vote

What a shambles

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

I stand by my vote and don't regret voting Leave one bit. I'd vote Leave again in another referendum. Sooner we are out of the EU the better as far as I'm concerned.

By *hybloke67Man  over a year ago

ROMFORD

I still stand by my vote.

Just wish we could leave at midnight tonight and just let us get on with it.

By *utandbigMan  over a year ago

Bournemouth

"I still stand by my vote.

Just wish we could leave at midnight tonight and just let us get on with it."

Sorry to dissspoint you that ain’t going to happen

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

Think he knows that that's why he said wish lol

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

I voted remain (people are aware that I dont view Brexit as a left issue) because I was worried about a Tory government getting their hands on the population unfettered by Europe.

I would now vote leave, as ideologically, that's where I stand. As an added bonus Brexit means I'm getting to watch the a Tory party eat itself.

By *anesjhCouple  over a year ago

LONDON.

Stand by my vote.

Cannock

"I voted remain (people are aware that I dont view Brexit as a left issue) because I was worried about a Tory government getting their hands on the population unfettered by Europe.

I would now vote leave, as ideologically, that's where I stand. As an added bonus Brexit means I'm getting to watch the a Tory party eat itself."

It's the same with Labour, 58 Labour MP's rebelled against Corbyn's 3 line whip on the EU Withdrawal bill vote.

I couldn't bring myself to vote for either so I went to the pub instead.

Nice cup of tea and let it all blow over

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"I voted remain (people are aware that I dont view Brexit as a left issue) because I was worried about a Tory government getting their hands on the population unfettered by Europe.

I would now vote leave, as ideologically, that's where I stand. As an added bonus Brexit means I'm getting to watch the a Tory party eat itself.

It's the same with Labour, 58 Labour MP's rebelled against Corbyn's 3 line whip on the EU Withdrawal bill vote. "

Difference being is that the tories are in government and Labour even with its own divisions on the issue won't and are not the one's who will be blamed if it goes badly..

Of course it could go well but thus far it's only looking like a poison chalice and a fudge..

Just wish we could leave at midnight tonight and just let us get on with it."

I wish i could leave this country at midnight but alas I won't have enough dosh for a decade and i have make sure my kids are sorted at university first

.So I'll ride the storm out then make my escape.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Stand by my vote

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

I wish i could leave this country at midnight but alas I won't have enough dosh for a decade and i have make sure my kids are sorted at university first

.So I'll ride the storm out then make my escape. "

10 years is a long time you might find that things are better here in ten years than in Europe.

I do admire your attitude towards your kids,but never in life try to look 10 years ahead it is impossible and that goes for all predictions.Predictors tend to predict doom and gloom allways and they are wrong most of the time

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Question to the ones who stand by their vote, what do you think about devalued currency, food prices going up, investment down, compose moving their offices and plants abroad?

Cannock

"Question to the ones who stand by their vote, what do you think about devalued currency, food prices going up, investment down, compose moving their offices and plants abroad?"

Devalued currency = boost to our exports market and boost to the FTSE 100 London Stock exchange.

Food prices going up? Can't say I've noticed that much really.

You say investment has gone down? What is your evidence for this? Investment has continued and London was just named the tech investment Capital of 2017 bringing in more tech investment than several of the EU's capital cities put together. London had 4 times the tech investment that Berlin could manage.

Companies moving their offices and plants abroad? Again what is your evidence? The treasury forecast during the EU referendum that 500,000 jobs would be lost from a leave vote alone, but in fact quite the opposite has happened. The UK economy has produced an additional 250,000 new jobs since the vote to leave in June 2016, employment is high and unemployment is at historic lows. Productivity in the UK also just hit a 6 year high.

.So I'll ride the storm out then make my escape. 10 years is a long time you might find that things are better here in ten years than in Europe.

I do admire your attitude towards your kids,but never in life try to look 10 years ahead it is impossible and that goes for all predictions.Predictors tend to predict doom and gloom allways and they are wrong most of the time"

The last 10 years have flown by and i planned those and it worked out great.Its just that i don't recognize the country i grew up in or the people anymore so new horizons beckon.I am lucky i guess that i can leave.

By *hybloke67Man  over a year ago

ROMFORD

.So I'll ride the storm out then make my escape. 10 years is a long time you might find that things are better here in ten years than in Europe.

I do admire your attitude towards your kids,but never in life try to look 10 years ahead it is impossible and that goes for all predictions.Predictors tend to predict doom and gloom allways and they are wrong most of the time The last 10 years have flown by and i planned those and it worked out great.Its just that i don't recognize the country i grew up in or the people anymore so new horizons beckon.I am lucky i guess that i can leave."

Just wondering Bob, in what way do you not recognise the country you grew up in?

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

Or the ppl bob ?

this thread dead in the water?

Looks like you've just revived it

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

"Looks like you've just revived it "

I’m guessing he wasn’t being given enough attention.

-Matt

By *URORA FESTIVALCouple  over a year ago

coleford

I was 55/45 just in favour of leaving on balance ....but I’m now 100% Leave as I have seen the TRUE side of the so called “negotiations” showing a complete lack of compromise from the EU team, I cannot wait to break away from their arrogant controlling vision , it won’t be easy but REAL CHANGE rarely is and it takes nerve but we can and will get through it .

"I was 55/45 just in favour of leaving on balance ....but I’m now 100% Leave as I have seen the TRUE side of the so called “negotiations” showing a complete lack of compromise from the EU team, I cannot wait to break away from their arrogant controlling vision , it won’t be easy but REAL CHANGE rarely is and it takes nerve but we can and will get through it . "

Well you were gullible enough to believe the brexiteer politicians who said it was going to be easy. Any divorce is difficult, but you don't insult the other side if you want a good deal! UK is the weaker party here, like it or not, but the same will apply in the trade deals. I could be wrong but time will tell.

By *URORA FESTIVALCouple  over a year ago

coleford

"I was 55/45 just in favour of leaving on balance ....but I’m now 100% Leave as I have seen the TRUE side of the so called “negotiations” showing a complete lack of compromise from the EU team, I cannot wait to break away from their arrogant controlling vision , it won’t be easy but REAL CHANGE rarely is and it takes nerve but we can and will get through it .

Well you were gullible enough to believe the brexiteer politicians who said it was going to be easy. Any divorce is difficult, but you don't insult the other side if you want a good deal! UK is the weaker party here, like it or not, but the same will apply in the trade deals. I could be wrong but time will tell."

Gullible ....and that says it all - PERSONAL INSULTS ..... yet you have lived in France for 4 years and are awaiting permanent residency ....... ? Anyhow France is itself a lovely country as is the UK and for the record I don’t listen to politicians (of course the Remainer ones all told the truth ....!!!???.) amazingly, as a degree qualified businessman I actually managed to reach my OWN conclusion but DONT treat those of a differing view with anything other than RESPECT for those views.......

"I was 55/45 just in favour of leaving on balance ....but I’m now 100% Leave as I have seen the TRUE side of the so called “negotiations” showing a complete lack of compromise from the EU team, I cannot wait to break away from their arrogant controlling vision , it won’t be easy but REAL CHANGE rarely is and it takes nerve but we can and will get through it .

Well you were gullible enough to believe the brexiteer politicians who said it was going to be easy. Any divorce is difficult, but you don't insult the other side if you want a good deal! UK is the weaker party here, like it or not, but the same will apply in the trade deals. I could be wrong but time will tell.

Gullible ....and that says it all - PERSONAL INSULTS ..... yet you have lived in France for 4 years and are awaiting permanent residency ....... ? Anyhow France is itself a lovely country as is the UK and for the record I don’t listen to politicians (of course the Remainer ones all told the truth ....!!!???.) amazingly, as a degree qualified businessman I actually managed to reach my OWN conclusion but DONT treat those of a differing view with anything other than RESPECT for those views......."

lol...someone's saying they think you were gullible..

PERSONAL ATTACK!

ffs lol

Gullible ....and that says it all - PERSONAL INSULTS ..... yet you have lived in France for 4 years and are awaiting permanent residency ....... ? Anyhow France is itself a lovely country as is the UK and for the record I don’t listen to politicians (of course the Remainer ones all told the truth ....!!!???.) amazingly, as a degree qualified businessman I actually managed to reach my OWN conclusion but DONT treat those of a differing view with anything other than RESPECT for those views......."

I am legal in France paying French tax got comprehensive insurance and I am not a threat to France's security as allowed by EU rules. I am paying my way here, as I did in the UK and never claimed a penny!!!

Did I say remain politicians told the truth? Gullible is not an insult - far from it. I didn't call you an idiot - that would have been an insult, but no I have only given this as an example of an insult.

Act ypur age and not your shoe size - grow up!

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

"I was 55/45 just in favour of leaving on balance ....but I’m now 100% Leave as I have seen the TRUE side of the so called “negotiations” showing a complete lack of compromise from the EU team, I cannot wait to break away from their arrogant controlling vision , it won’t be easy but REAL CHANGE rarely is and it takes nerve but we can and will get through it . "

Lol. The arrogance of leavers does amaze me sometimes. “We said we want to leave, why won’t you compromise!”

You saw Farage in the EU parliament stand up and insult everyone. And yet you somehow think they might be ammeanable to a compromise? From what I keep reading, May won’t even say what she wants out of the negotiations, so how could they even compromise if they wanted to?

EU: “what do you want?”

UK: “we don’t know, make is an offer”

EU: “Ummm...”

UK: “Why won’t you compromise?!”

-Matt

By *utualpleasure42Man  over a year ago

enter location here

I regret Jezza Corbyn not getting in. Even though i voted Labour. Im sure your kids would be enjoying their free meals if he was in.

And politics is mega messed up. It's very very corrupt. Hopefully something crazy will happen and the money grabbing fukks will fukk off.

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

"I regret Jezza Corbyn not getting in. Even though i voted Labour. Im sure your kids would be enjoying their free meals if he was in.

And politics is mega messed up. It's very very corrupt. Hopefully something crazy will happen and the money grabbing fukks will fukk off. "

So is Corbyn corrupt then?

Cannock

some on here just can't help themselves. If accusing people of being gullible is not an insult then I wonder how may remainers were gullible enough to believe the remain politicians who said there would be a recession if we voted leave?

Cannock

Lol. The arrogance of leavers does amaze me sometimes. “We said we want to leave, why won’t you compromise!”

You saw Farage in the EU parliament stand up and insult everyone. And yet you somehow think they might be ammeanable to a compromise? From what I keep reading, May won’t even say what she wants out of the negotiations, so how could they even compromise if they wanted to?

-Matt"

From what you keep reading? Would that be remain rags like the Guardian, the FT and Osborne's London evening standard? Theresa May and the UK have been clear what they want all along from the very beginning we've said we wanted to leave the EU, leave the single market and leave the customs union and strike a bespoke free trade deal with the EU. EU chief negotiator Barnier said a couple of weeks ago "the only option open for the UK now is a free trade deal". Well no shit sherlock that's what we said we wanted right from the start!

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

-Matt

From what you keep reading? Would that be remain rags like the Guardian, the FT and Osborne's London evening standard? Theresa May and the UK have been clear what they want all along from the very beginning we've said we wanted to leave the EU, leave the single market and leave the customs union and strike a bespoke free trade deal with the EU. EU chief negotiator Barnier said a couple of weeks ago "the only option open for the UK now is a free trade deal". Well no shit sherlock that's what we said we wanted right from the start! "

In the single market we have the most comprehensive free trade deal in goods and services that exists anywhere on the planet. Tied to that are free trade deals with another 50 with Canada and Japan about to come in to force.

Any "bespoke" free trade deal will be worse than that and unlikely to include services which are the largest part of our economy.

That's what we always wanted?

What a win.

Gullible ....and that says it all - PERSONAL INSULTS ..... yet you have lived in France for 4 years and are awaiting permanent residency ....... ? Anyhow France is itself a lovely country as is the UK and for the record I don’t listen to politicians (of course the Remainer ones all told the truth ....!!!???.) amazingly, as a degree qualified businessman I actually managed to reach my OWN conclusion but DONT treat those of a differing view with anything other than RESPECT for those views.......

some on here just can't help themselves. If accusing people of being gullible is not an insult then I wonder how may remainers were gullible enough to believe the remain politicians who said there would be a recession if we voted leave? "

Both sides lied through their teeth while campaigning, which is something not many leave voters will admit.

I do admire your attitude towards your kids,but never in life try to look 10 years ahead it is impossible and that goes for all predictions.Predictors tend to predict doom and gloom allways and they are wrong most of the time The last 10 years have flown by and i planned those and it worked out great.Its just that i don't recognize the country i grew up in or the people anymore so new horizons beckon.I am lucky i guess that i can leave."

Absolutely;

everyone should be planning ahead, and paying as much into pension as you could.

When you hit 50's you want to be sitting back enjoying retirement, not working on until you are late 60's/70's

YOUR CHOICE

if you have sense you will plan ahead and ensure you have a good retirement package

» Add a new message to this topic