FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Brexit deal delusion.

Brexit deal delusion.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

They still think they can get a better deal than they have in the eu, to put it into context, they are walking away from tesco with 65 deals to be a corner shop with 1, whats your view?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"They still think they can get a better deal than they have in the eu, to put it into context, they are walking away from tesco with 65 deals to be a corner shop with 1, whats your view? "

I don't think there will be a better deal just a different deal.

The problem with staying in the customs union is that the UK would not be allowed to make new deals outside the union so no point in being in it.

The EU will never back down on the big four conditions so there is no real choice but to come out alltogether.

Some things will not change as in security where info is still shared with Europe because it serves all sides.

As for business, it will find a way as it always does.

By *ustJ0dieTV/TS  over a year ago

Burton-on-Trent

No, they are walking away from the supermarket round the corner because they don't like the clubcard, to shop at one a hundred miles away which doesn't have one.

"They still think they can get a better deal than they have in the eu, to put it into context, they are walking away from tesco with 65 deals to be a corner shop with 1, whats your view? "

They are simply blinded by xenophobia.

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

"They still think they can get a better deal than they have in the eu, to put it into context, they are walking away from tesco with 65 deals to be a corner shop with 1, whats your view?

I don't think there will be a better deal just a different deal.

The problem with staying in the customs union is that the UK would not be allowed to make new deals outside the union so no point in being in it.

The EU will never back down on the big four conditions so there is no real choice but to come out alltogether.

Some things will not change as in security where info is still shared with Europe because it serves all sides.

As for business, it will find a way as it always does."

This may well be true, but the messaging from our government is that we will get an extra special cake eating deal

Also, the thing that nobody ever acknowledges is that every trade deal done affects what your next one can be.

There is no "freedom to do deals". Every deal done also, by definition, is a loss of sovereignty.

The point of being in the European free trade area is that it benefits from the trade network within one of the wealthiest areas on the planet and all of the deals done with third parties from Korea to Canada to Japan.

We also have an unprecedented level of freedom to trade in services within the single market. Our largest sector. This does not normally happen, so we are surrendering something that we are unlikely to replicate.

We will have the "freedom" to renegotiate all of these individually over a number of years whilst in the meantime we revert to WTO?

What bargaining power do we have to improve the terms compared to those which the EU has? Define "better".

Of course business will "find a way", but why the hell should it waste time, money and effort doing so?

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

The UK position is unsustainable.

It has given an undertaking that, in the absence of an alternative, Northern Ireland stays in the customs union.

Its given an undertaking that the position of NI will be no different from the rest of the UK.

But it has declared its intention to leave the customs union.

The extremists are so set on a hard Brexit they are willing to abandon the Good Friday agreement to fulfill their dream of creating Little Britain, isolated in the world and barricaded against our neighbours.

And this, before another fly in the ointment even gets a look in - Gibraltar.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The UK isn't really saying anything that is intelligent - they still don't have their deal requirements set out, so all that's coming is a total mess of squarks trying to get the handful of extremists quieter, whilst the few days remaining to fix a deal are squandered. It's really that tight - there are just a small number of days to negotiate, get the UK to vote on it, whilst all 27 other countries also agree it.

It's such a farce that it couldn't be made up to be so bad. But May chose the day to notify the EU, seeing it as appropriate and they were ready. Obviously they still are not

They are throwing any old nonsense out publicly which makes no sense.

A customs union is needed for many reasons, including Northern Irelands border and probably to not get voted down in government.

There should not be uncertainty of what they want so late in the process. It's down to self interested conservative party which is completely split and hijacked by extremists who care only for themselves.

The UK public should be aghast and a UK independent body should have been overseeing it, coupled with an open media that holds them to account. It's clear the public had no clue what that vote would subsequently entail and mean.

would prefer to shop at Walmart & Kroger

"They still think they can get a better deal than they have in the eu, to put it into context, they are walking away from tesco with 65 deals to be a corner shop with 1, whats your view?

would prefer to shop at Walmart & Kroger"

Enjoy your chlorine chicken and udder infection milk.

Enjoy your chlorine chicken and udder infection milk."

I enjoy all that usa provides

do you!

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

do you!

"

Antibiotic fed animals, breeding resistance amongst bacteria which are able to pass this resistance on to other bacteria species. You'll enjoy that you say Maybe not, gaining infections that can't be treated

do you!

Antibiotic fed animals, breeding resistance amongst bacteria which are able to pass this resistance on to other bacteria species. You'll enjoy that you say Maybe not, gaining infections that can't be treated "

strange; that never crossed my mind when I travelled the Hawaiian Islands a couple of months back

Never crossed my mind when I enjoyed my April/May 4000 mile road trip either

Nor did it cross my mind mid Sept/Oct on my yearly Vegas pilgrim

One thing I note though, was the enjoyment of all the best steak houses and Joes sea food

» Add a new message to this topic