FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Would Scotland....

Would Scotland....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *LCC OP   Couple  over a year ago

Cambridge

... be richer, or poorer as an independent country?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

As the idiot on the other post

By *inkyHnSCouple  over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

Richer

Now would an independent England be richer or poorer ?

I can honestly see the amount of people outside Scotland bricking it at the thought of Scotland waving cheerio to the UK lol

And dont give me we are subsiding you for Scotlands benefit birthday caird pish lol

Why is it people in England that believe that subsidy pish do not wanna see that money spent on Englands local services and the NHS ?

Are you really saying you wana help Scotland but dont wanna help your fellow Englishmen ?

Away and dont talk pish lol

By *icklybitMan  over a year ago

Ayrshire

Poorer, significantly poorer.

Scottish government figures have Scotland running a Net Fiscal Balance 2016-17

This is the difference between total revenue and total public sector expenditure including capital investment. The net fiscal balance:

Excluding North Sea revenue, was a deficit of £13.5 billion (9.0 per cent of GDP).

Including an illustrative geographic share of North Sea revenue, was a deficit of £13.3 billion (8.3 per cent of GDP).

For the UK, was a deficit of £46.2 billion (2.4 per cent of GDP).

On day one of independence that is quite a mountain to climb, how long would it take to get this deficit under control to sustainable levels and at what price?

Tax hikes and slashing public sector budgets.

Austerity beyond the wildest wet dream of George Osborne.

Who would vote to be worse off?

Cambridge

"Richer

I can honestly see the amount of people outside Scotland bricking it at the thought of Scotland waving cheerio to the UK lol

And dont give me we are subsiding you for Scotlands benefit birthday caird pish lol

Why is it people in England that believe that subsidy pish do not wanna see that money spent on Englands local services and the NHS ?

Are you really saying you wana help Scotland but dont wanna help your fellow Englishmen ?

Away and dont talk pish lol "

Why would it be richer?

The Council of Elrond

"Richer

Why would it be richer? "

No i answered it your question now you answer mine

Cambridge

"Richer

Why would it be richer?

No i answered it your question now you answer mine "

Why do we believe England subsidised Scotland? Because the data tells us so.

I believe in the UK, so I am happy that wealth is distributed from richer regions to poorer regions. This is normal. It happens in EVERY single country in the world. That's how the nation state works.

So HOW would Scotland be richer if independent? Please provide your evidence to support your position.

The Council of Elrond

Nah nae thanks i will wait fir you answering mine thanks

Cambridge

"Nah nae thanks i will wait fir you answering mine thanks "

See the post above yours, I've answered your questions. I see you are too scared to answer mine though!

The Council of Elrond

Btw i know this was in the other thread but this shows the amount of pish and anti Scottish- ness there is in here

"MPs across the UK decide what's best for the people of Scotland on some issues at least"

So you saying English mps think they know whats best for Scotland fuck that bullshit!!!

The people of Scotland decide what is best for Scotland

Shove your Tory cuts up your arse Scotland dont want them

Oh wait this is the point where people outside Scotland will say well mitigate them then too fucking feart to devolve real power to Scotland incase it shows the UK up lol

The Council of Elrond

"Nah nae thanks i will wait fir you answering mine thanks

See the post above yours, I've answered your questions. I see you are too scared to answer mine though! "

Nah you didnt

Where is the answer to this question - Now would an independent England be richer or poorer ?..................

Or this Why is it people in England that believe that subsidy pish do not wanna see that money spent on Englands local services and the NHS ?

Or this Are you really saying you wana help Scotland but dont wanna help your fellow Englishmen?

Get answering then i shall answer yours

Cambridge

"Btw i know this was in the other thread but this shows the amount of pish and anti Scottish- ness there is in here

"MPs across the UK decide what's best for the people of Scotland on some issues at least"

So you saying English mps think they know whats best for Scotland fuck that bullshit!!!

Oh wait this is the point where people outside Scotland will say well mitigate them then too fucking feart to devolve real power to Scotland incase it shows the UK up lol "

It's not anti Scottishness at all. It's just the constitutional arrangements of the UK.

Interesting to see that you ignored the rest of my post though! Too mentally challenging for you?

Cambridge

"Nah nae thanks i will wait fir you answering mine thanks

See the post above yours, I've answered your questions. I see you are too scared to answer mine though!

Nah you didnt

Where is the answer to this question - Now would an independent England be richer or poorer ?..................

Or this Why is it people in England that believe that subsidy pish do not wanna see that money spent on Englands local services and the NHS ?

Or this Are you really saying you wana help Scotland but dont wanna help your fellow Englishmen?

Get answering then i shall answer yours

"

Sorry, my mistake, I missed that one. It would be poorer.

The Council of Elrond

The problem in here is there is people outside of Scotland think you actually know whats better for Scotland than people actually living in Scotland

Then trying to dictate terms when Scotland can have a referendum on independence

Here is a nice juicy fact for you none of you outside Scotland get to decide Scotlands future

And i know whats coming but but but but the Pm gets to dictate terms to when Scotland can have one sick as fuck that you actually believe the British empire is still alive and that we i Scotland are a colony fuck off with that shite

Hell you had one dickhead on social media actually thinks Scotland is part of England lmao

Cambridge

"The problem in here is there is people outside of Scotland think you actually know whats better for Scotland than people actually living in Scotland

Then trying to dictate terms when Scotland can have a referendum on independence

Here is a nice juicy fact for you none of you outside Scotland get to decide Scotlands future

And i know whats coming but but but but the Pm gets to dictate terms to when Scotland can have one sick as fuck that you actually believe the British empire is still alive and that we i Scotland are a colony fuck off with that shite

Hell you had one dickhead on social media actually thinks Scotland is part of England lmao "

Is it up to the people of Glasgow to decide what's best for Glasgow? I think that you will say "no" it's best for politicians all over Scotland to decide what's best for Glasgow (again, in some issues at least). So you want exactly the same set up as Westminster, just on a more parochial scale. But please correct me if I'm wrong.

The Council of Elrond

So English mps you believe know whats best for Scotland ?

And just to answer your question

Yes it is upto the people of Glasgow to decide what is best for them

And funny enough the people of Glasgow booted Labour oot of Glasgow City council as thats what was best for Glasgow hahahahahahaha

Cambridge

"So English mps you believe know whats best for Scotland ?

And funny enough the people of Glasgow booted Labour oot of Glasgow City council as thats what was best for Glasgow hahahahahahaha "

So Glasgow won't be part of an independent Scotland then? How about Stirling? Aberdeen? Edinburgh? Skye? None of the these will have decisions made for them by politicians from the rest of Scotland?

By *or Fox SakeCouple  over a year ago

Thornaby

"Nah nae thanks i will wait fir you answering mine thanks "

He's provided an answer

Well that all depends on alot of things yeah probably poor to begin with and lose jobs but it will be like that anyway, jobs are always lost as has been proven in the past it's just how Scotland and the rest of the UK recover and how fast that is the question

Thornaby

"Btw i know this was in the other thread but this shows the amount of pish and anti Scottish- ness there is in here

Oh wait this is the point where people outside Scotland will say well mitigate them then too fucking feart to devolve real power to Scotland incase it shows the UK up lol "

Xenophobia alert

The Council of Elrond

And funny enough the people of Glasgow booted Labour oot of Glasgow City council as thats what was best for Glasgow hahahahahahaha

So Glasgow won't be part of an independent Scotland then? How about Stirling? Aberdeen? Edinburgh? Skye? None of the these will have decisions made for them by politicians from the rest of Scotland? "

Where did i say that ? You asked " Is it up to the people of Glasgow to decide what's best for Glasgow?"

I replied yes its upto the people of Glasgow to decide whats best for Glasgow and i explained the people Glasgow booted Labour oot of Glasgow city council and elected the SNP into Glasgow city council

Whats wrong in what i said there correct me if you dare lol

The Council of Elrond

So CLCC do you believe English mps you believe know whats best for Scotland ?

Cambridge

So Glasgow won't be part of an independent Scotland then? How about Stirling? Aberdeen? Edinburgh? Skye? None of the these will have decisions made for them by politicians from the rest of Scotland?

Where did i say that ? You asked " Is it up to the people of Glasgow to decide what's best for Glasgow?"

I replied yes its upto the people of Glasgow to decide whats best for Glasgow and i explained the people Glasgow booted Labour oot of Glasgow city council and elected the SNP into Glasgow city council

"

But in an independent Scotland, politicians from all over Scotland will decide what happens in Glasgow, not the people of Glasgow, right?

By the way, you still haven't answered why Scotland would be richer, despite saying you would.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

see... the problem with asking someone like kinky this question is the same problem that you have with asking centaur a question about brexit....

the plain issue is they only see what they perceive is good, and never acknowledge any of the bad or the consequences.....

its rosy eyed opinion....

until you ever get them to acknowledge that there are minuses to a decision they want to make, the conversion is never going to be rational... and you will forever be going round in circles because kinky won't ever answer questions that give a negative answer... even though it maybe the most truthful thing that could be said! so they turn to "whataboutisms" to deflect the questions....

the cost of leaving the eu as about to leaving the uk.....

the numbers of ships built against the types of ships built.....

and so on and so on.... all classic semantic questions use to deflect for an answer....

not to derail the subject... May finally said one truthful think in her speech on friday.... she said that not all sides are going to get everything they want! jacob rees mogg as the arch finally acknowledged this was the case...

you never get leavers acknowledging anything bad about brexit....

so until you can get kinky to finally acknowledge ANYTHING NEGATIVE about getting independence.... it will all be in one ear and out the other....

so... actually this time, rather than being combative with kinky, i am going to take a different approach, because if he is not prepared to look at the whole picture, its not worth having the conversation....

kinky...... simple question.....

"if you were to get your independence, would there be any negatives that you would acknowledge would happen?

are you prepared to acknowledge there would be downsides to that decision..... and what would they be?"

The Council of Elrond

Lmao

And in an independent Scotland the people will decide whats best for Scotland

Sorry but we dont need English mps deciding whats best for Scotland you go worry about the state England is in eh lol

The people of Scotland will 100% decide whats best for Scotland

I told you you all asking about Scotland being outside the EU in an independent Scotland

We Scotland could be outside the EU but it could very well adopt being in the single market and customs union

Whos ready for telling me England will refuse to trade with an independent Scotland ? Me mental to say such a thing

No more Scottish soft drinks whisky gin food willing to give them all up ?

Cambridge

But in an independent Scotland, politicians from all over Scotland will decide what happens in Glasgow, not the people of Glasgow, right?

By the way, you still haven't answered why Scotland would be richer, despite saying you would. "

Yet another question kinky can't answer!

Cambridge

"Lmao

And in an independent Scotland the people will decide whats best for Scotland

Sorry but we dont need English mps deciding whats best for Scotland you go worry about the state England is in eh lol

The people of Scotland will 100% decide whats best for Scotland

"

In the UK, the people of the UK decide what's best for the UK

The Council of Elrond

No no no

CLCC you said this "MPs from across the UK decide what's best for the people of Scotland"

So are you saying English mps decide whats best for Scotland ?

Cambridge

"No no no

CLCC you said this "MPs from across the UK decide what's best for the people of Scotland"

So are you saying English mps decide whats best for Scotland ? "

This is rhetorical question and I don't expect you to answer, didn't you know that Westminster MPs come from across the UK?

You haven't answered my other 2 questions yet, despite saying that you would. Just like the time you said you were going to answer my question after you had finished your soup. You say that other people should answer your questions before you will answer theirs, so I don't understand why you think you should avoid questions, but still keep asking them.

In the UK, MPs from across the UK decide what's best for the people of the UK. In an independent Scotland, politicians from across Scotland will decide what's best for the people of Scotland. Mainlanders will decide what's best for islanders, despite not living there.

The Council of Elrond

CLCC is really does sound like your saying English mps know whats best for Scotland

So what do English mps think is best for Scotland then ?

Thornaby

"see... the problem with asking someone like kinky this question is the same problem that you have with asking centaur a question about brexit....

the plain issue is they only see what they perceive is good, and never acknowledge any of the bad or the consequences.....

its rosy eyed opinion....

until you ever get them to acknowledge that there are minuses to a decision they want to make, the conversion is never going to be rational... and you will forever be going round in circles because kinky won't ever answer questions that give a negative answer... even though it maybe the most truthful thing that could be said! so they turn to "whataboutisms" to deflect the questions....

the cost of leaving the eu as about to leaving the uk.....

the numbers of ships built against the types of ships built.....

and so on and so on.... all classic semantic questions use to deflect for an answer....

not to derail the subject... May finally said one truthful think in her speech on friday.... she said that not all sides are going to get everything they want! jacob rees mogg as the arch finally acknowledged this was the case...

you never get leavers acknowledging anything bad about brexit....

so until you can get kinky to finally acknowledge ANYTHING NEGATIVE about getting independence.... it will all be in one ear and out the other....

so... actually this time, rather than being combative with kinky, i am going to take a different approach, because if he is not prepared to look at the whole picture, its not worth having the conversation....

kinky...... simple question.....

"if you were to get your independence, would there be any negatives that you would acknowledge would happen?

are you prepared to acknowledge there would be downsides to that decision..... and what would they be?""

This is why they are jihadis. It's a cult, they brook no diversion from the one true faith, unbelievers are heretics, if you are not for them, you are against them.

Cambridge

"CLCC is really does sound like your saying English mps know whats best for Scotland

So what do English mps think is best for Scotland then ?"

What you are saying, is mainlanders know what's best for islanders.

The Council of Elrond

So what do English mps think is best for Scotland then ?

Cambridge

"So what do English mps think is best for Scotland then ?"

What do mainlanders think is best for the islanders then?

Cambridge

Kinky, you do know that Scottish, Welsh and NI MPs vote on what's best for the people of Cambridge, right?

The Council of Elrond

Ever heard of EVEL ?

English votes for English laws

By *losguygl3Man  over a year ago

Gloucester

"... be richer, or poorer as an independent country? "

As has been proven on several previous threads, poorer. But it would continue as a functioning nation. But as the standard of living would be so much lower and the youth would emigrate for work, independence is just not worth the price.

The Council of Elrond

"... be richer, or poorer as an independent country?

As has been proven on several previous threads, poorer. But it would continue as a functioning nation. But as the standard of living would be so much lower and the youth would emigrate for work, independence is just not worth the price.

"

Sorry not for you to decide afraid lol

did you know the youth are on the side on independence

look at the age in 2014 and how they voted

the youth voted for independence and the older generation voted to save the UK

sooner or later the older generation will keep dying off

best get use to it Scotland will wave cheerio to the UK

but you would be more than welcome in an independent Scotland where we couldnt give a flying fuck where you are born

Cambridge

"Kinky, you do know that Scottish, Welsh and NI MPs vote on what's best for the people of Cambridge, right? "

I guess not! How ignorant can you be!

Gloucester

but you would be more than welcome in an independent Scotland where we couldnt give a flying fuck where you are born "

Ha ha ha!!! Utter rubbish! Quality of Life beats dogma and rhetoric every time.

Nobody rational, what ever their age, would cut of their nose to spite their face.

Gloucester

"Ever heard of EVEL ?

"

Yes, but we've evolved past all that small minded tribal nonsense.

Have you?

The Council of Elrond

but you would be more than welcome in an independent Scotland where we couldnt give a flying fuck where you are born

Nobody rational, what ever their age, would cut of their nose to spite their face. "

Utter rubbish eh

then prove me wrong how did the young vote in 2014 eh ?

The Council of Elrond

"Ever heard of EVEL ?

Have you? "

Yes i have

so are you saying English votes for English laws is no longer in use ?

Gloucester

"...

Nobody rational, what ever their age, would cut of their nose to spite their face.

Utter rubbish eh

then prove me wrong how did the young vote in 2014 eh ? "

Firstly, there is no point in providing you with, stats, studies or reports as you always reject them out of hand.

Secondly, democracy isn't a single item but changes over time. (your own words)

Gloucester

"Ever heard of EVEL ?

Have you?

Yes i have

so are you saying English votes for English laws is no longer in use ?

"

You have moved on from all that tribal nonsense? Excellent Good for you I can't believe how long it's taken you to dump all that self harming regional based nationalistic shit You've genuinely impressed me Welcome to the 21St century.

The Council of Elrond

"...

Utter rubbish eh

Firstly, there is no point in providing you with, stats, studies or reports as you always reject them out of hand.

"

Thats cause you know i am right lol

Cambridge

"...

Utter rubbish eh

Thats cause you know i am right lol "

Kinky, if we asked you what colour the sky Is, I doubt you could even get that right!

Gloucester

"...

Utter rubbish eh

Thats cause you know i am right lol "

Actually I've taken to dis-believing pretty much everything you say as I can never corroborate it from reputable sources

The Council of Elrond

Then here is your chance to prove me wrong

I am telling you that in 2014 the youth voted for independence your welcome to try and prove me wrong

the floor is yours.......

Gloucester

"Then here is your chance to prove me wrong

I am telling you that in 2014 the youth voted for independence your welcome to try and prove me wrong

the floor is yours......."

Just Googled it. YouGov Poll - voters aged 16-24 49%

Ok so I've proved you wrong. This is where you flatly deny all the evidence.

The Council of Elrond

Ok so I've proved you wrong. This is where you flatly deny all the evidence."

Lmao seriously!!!!! you went with a damn poll

well read and sweep

this is actually how 16/17 years voted lol

71% of 16 to 17-year-olds voted for Scotland to be independent

Did i not tell you the youth is on the side on independence hahahahahahhaah

The Council of Elrond

and if i am right in believing 74% ish of those voters who were born elsewhere in the UK voted no

so the majority of Scottish born people voted for independence lol

By *andACouple  over a year ago

glasgow

well read and sweep

Did i not tell you the youth is on the side on independence hahahahahahhaah"

You do realise those figures are from a survey? That's a rhetorical question as it's obvious you don't

Gloucester

well read and sweep

Did i not tell you the youth is on the side on independence hahahahahahhaah"

16 & 17 year old??? Ha ha ha ha You nonsense knows no bounds!

As soon as they get a job, the realities of life will soon educate them. Scottish Independence is drain pipe to the dole queue, decreased medical services and massive inflation.

Basic economic life lessons are a bitch aren't they

71% of 16 to 17-year-olds voted for Scotland to be independent and 29% voted against

Why do you and all the other English people on here care if Scotland goes for independence? I don't understand why it really matters to you

glasgow

"71% of 16 to 17-year-olds voted for Scotland to be independent and 29% voted against "

Where are you getting this information from?

Google it

The Council of Elrond

"Why do you and all the other English people on here care if Scotland goes for independence? I don't understand why it really matters to you "

They love thinking they own Scotland.

Truth is it should matter to them they should really be more worried at the state England is in because of Westminster governments over the years

but hey its only Labour and Tory in England cant think outside the box that those two parties have fucked the UK

glasgow

"Google it "

You do realise it was based on a survey of........14 people.

The Council of Elrond

"71% of 16 to 17-year-olds voted for Scotland to be independent and 29% voted against

Where are you getting this information from?"

Jesus christ now you dont even know how 16 and 17 year olds actually voted in 2014 wow just wow lol

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Ever heard of EVEL ?

"

if you are going to talk about a topic then please at least have a little understand....

if you knew anything about EVEL... then you would know that it is parliamentry convention and not actual law...

the convention being that if a bill is earmarked for only relating to england and wales, that scottish and northern ireland MPs in parliament dont vote on it, because those matters are devolved to their own parliament/assemblies.....

however because it is only convention that is why the SNP can threaten as they did to vote on things like Foxhunting and NHS england issues.....

Lol that's not true think you need to check it out more

glasgow

"71% of 16 to 17-year-olds voted for Scotland to be independent and 29% voted against

Where are you getting this information from?

Jesus christ now you dont even know how 16 and 17 year olds actually voted in 2014 wow just wow lol "

A detailed breakdown of votes are never given, not surprised you know nothing about this (like most things)

The figures you quote are from the Lord Ashcroft poll that was carried out at the time.

They surveyed a grand total of 14 people within that age group, 10 voted Yes, 4 voted No. This is where the 71% figure comes from. Most people will realise you can't extrapolate any further from such a miniscule sample.

Here's the original source of the data.

https://i.gyazo.com/3dffa2605d0491b5e7f8b714b4729991.png

A whole 14 peple questioned

The Council of Elrond

"Ever heard of EVEL ?

if you are going to talk about a topic then please at least have a little understand....

if you knew anything about EVEL... then you would know that it is parliamentry convention and not actual law...

the convention being that if a bill is earmarked for only relating to england and wales, that scottish and northern ireland MPs in parliament dont vote on it, because those matters are devolved to their own parliament/assemblies.....

however because it is only convention that is why the SNP can threaten as they did to vote on things like Foxhunting and NHS england issues....."

Fuck me Fabio you are piss poor on things involving Scotland stick to worrying about England eh lol

If their is cuts to the English NHS then if effects the Scottish NHS duh!!!

So why shouldnt Scottish mps not be allowed to vote on something that effects Scotland ?

glasgow

"Lol that's not true think you need to check it out more"

It is true, I've given the details below. This is where all the articles that use the figures sourced their data from.

You say it's on google and it is. So where is the source of your information if not the Ashcroft survey?

The Council of Elrond

Btw i love how no yoon brings up the fact is Ruth Davidson said on live tv that she had already looked at the sample postal votes before 10pm on the 18th Sept 2014

thats against the rules but no no no yoon gives a flying fuck aboot breaking rules to get what they want lol

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Ever heard of EVEL ?

however because it is only convention that is why the SNP can threaten as they did to vote on things like Foxhunting and NHS england issues.....

Fuck me Fabio you are piss poor on things involving Scotland stick to worrying about England eh lol

So why shouldnt Scottish mps not be allowed to vote on something that effects Scotland ?

"

if you knew the debate it was actually NHS England internal procedures that was being discussed and debated... not any sort of financial stuff (because that would have to be part of the Budget bill that goes thru every year).....

but thanks for playing!!!!!

Gloucester

"Btw i love how no yoon brings up the fact is Ruth Davidson said on live tv that she had already looked at the sample postal votes before 10pm on the 18th Sept 2014

thats against the rules but no no no yoon gives a flying fuck aboot breaking rules to get what they want lol "

Ha ha ha ha! Standard Kinky. Deflect and evade. Change the subject. Anything but admit he's wrong. Highly entertaining

glasgow

"Btw i love how no yoon brings up the fact is Ruth Davidson said on live tv that she had already looked at the sample postal votes before 10pm on the 18th Sept 2014

thats against the rules but no no no yoon gives a flying fuck aboot breaking rules to get what they want lol "

Is this a poor attempt to deflect from the fact your claim about 16-17 year olds was based on a survey of 14 people? And also that you don't understand how voting works in the UK?

Ayrshire

He is struggling big time.

People no longer see him as the plucky true believer little man standing up for his cause but a duplicitous, dangerous and lying ignoramus.

Times up.

glasgow

"

Ha ha ha ha! Standard Kinky. Deflect and evade. Change the subject. Anything but admit he's wrong. Highly entertaining "

It's a constant theme with nationalists on here (and online in general). On the oil thread when I pointed out I'd read the report and it showed oil production would continue declining I was accused of reading the BBC spin instead. I showed a link to a chart from the full report and suddenly it all went quiet.

On this thread we yet again have a couple of nationalists trying to claim the information isn't true, despite them having no idea where it came from, and then when presented with evidence it all goes quiet again or straight into deflection mode.

The Council of Elrond

Awwwwwwwww your really believe it eh lol

awww pet unlucky

no no i enjoy exposing yoon lies then watch you all hit rage mode heheheheheheheheheeheh

you all fall every time lol

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr cant yet these pro indy supporters expose us yoons and our dirty tricks lmao

The Council of Elrond

Ayrshireman is correct though

see the amount of people outside of Scotland love to poke their noses into Scottish matters unreal lol

you would honestly think you would be more worried that the state England and Wales is in to be all raged up going all Hulk telling Scotland you all set the terms on whats best for Scotland yeah fucking right lol

glasgow

"Ayrshireman is correct though

see the amount of people outside of Scotland love to poke their noses into Scottish matters unreal lol

you would honestly think you would be more worried that the state England and Wales is in to be all raged up going all Hulk telling Scotland you all set the terms on whats best for Scotland yeah fucking right lol"

More nationalist racism.

The Council of Elrond

"Ayrshireman is correct though

you would honestly think you would be more worried that the state England and Wales is in to be all raged up going all Hulk telling Scotland you all set the terms on whats best for Scotland yeah fucking right lol

More nationalist racism."

Lol yeah ok

If all else fails pull the racist card out

I am stating fact

at the end of the day the people living in Scotland will decide whats best for Scotland not for people outside Scotland thinking they know whats best for us thanks but no thanks

England and Wales are in some state fix that first lol

The Council of Elrond

Fabio you really should know if their is cuts to the NHS in England it has a knock on effect to the Scottish NHS

So why do you believe Scottish mps should be banned for voting on something that effects Scotland eh ?

Ayrshire

"Fabio you really should know if their is cuts to the NHS in England it has a knock on effect to the Scottish NHS

So why do you believe Scottish mps should be banned for voting on something that effects Scotland eh ? "

That's nonsense, how the block grant to Scotland is spent is entirely the responsibility of the Scottish executive.

English NHS spending has zero influence on the funding of the Scottish NHS.

Scottish Ministers decide spending plans that have to be approved by Holyrood.

If Holyrood decide to cut the budget to the Scottish NHS then that is their responsibility.

The Council of Elrond

"Fabio you really should know if their is cuts to the NHS in England it has a knock on effect to the Scottish NHS

So why do you believe Scottish mps should be banned for voting on something that effects Scotland eh ?

That's nonsense, how the block grant to Scotland is spent is entirely the responsibility of the Scottish executive.

English NHS spending has zero influence on the funding of the Scottish NHS.

Scottish Ministers decide spending plans that have to be approved by Holyrood.

If Holyrood decide to cut the budget to the Scottish NHS then that is their responsibility. "

Lmao

Fucking hell this is really piss poor how unedcuatede you all are either that or outright lying

Ok money is NOT DEVOLVED!!!!!!!!

Yes the budget the Scottish government get then yes they are incharge f where the money gets spend on

the Scottish government have no and i repeat no control over the set amount they get from the UK treasury fucking duh!!!!!!!

So any Tory cuts on the English NHS will have a knock on effect on Scottish NHS

but no no your keep defending Tories and trying to pass it off as SNP cuts

but i am here to expose that lie

the UK treasury is in charge of the money and how much each devolved parilament get

Then the devolved parliaments decide where the money gets spend

Yoons be crazy and the lack of understanding what happens in their own fucked up UK lmao

I suppose you believe it was all fine for the Tories to speak about devolved powers in a UK election yes a UK elections and useless fannies talk about devolved powers lmao

Ayrshire

"Yes the budget the Scottish government get then yes they are incharge f where the money gets spend on"

You are talking "shite" then.

You accept how the money is spent is entirely the responsibility of the Scottish executive.

How the English NHS is funded does not have any direct effect of the funding of the Scottish NHS.

The Scottish executive decides that!

The block grant the Scottish executive receives is for them to decide where it is spent.

The Council of Elrond

Before i get to my kip

Here is another wee fun fact that yoons will prob go that not true lol

" Scotland under the direction of Scottish united nations committee petitioned to the UNand EU

And the CoE to instigate devolution to Scotland Wales and NI

The CoE threatened the UK with expulsion from the CoE if Westminster refused to devolve power to Scotland Wales and NI

Am i wrong ?

Then in 2014 the yoon brigade tried to offer more power shat themselves

Next they might as well just give us all independence lol

The Council of Elrond

""Yes the budget the Scottish government get then yes they are incharge f where the money gets spend on"

You are talking "shite" then.

You accept how the money is spent is entirely the responsibility of the Scottish executive.

How the English NHS is funded does not have any direct effect of the funding of the Scottish NHS.

The Scottish executive decides that!

The block grant the Scottish executive receives is for them to decide where it is spent.

"

Oh for fuck sake lol

Yes the Scottish government is in charge of where the money gets spent

But the Scottish government are not in charge of how much money they get fron the UK treasury duh!!!

So any cuts to the NHS in England will have a knock on effect to Scottish NHS duh!!!

Which part of miney is not devolved do yiu not get ?

Ayrshire

"Fabio you really should know if their is cuts to the NHS in England it has a knock on effect to the Scottish NHS"

"Yes the budget the Scottish government get then yes they are incharge f where the money gets spend on"

Yes you are talking "shite".

Those two statements that YOU made contradict each other.

Scotland’s NHS is totally devolved.

The NHS in Scotland is totally devolved to the Scottish Parliament and all policy and spending decisions are made in Scotland.

There you have it, if NHS in Scotland is cut, then that is the responsibility of the Scottish government.

No one else.

What you should have said is that a cut in England may have an effect on the overall block grant.

But you never did that, did you?

You have to exaggerate and create a false impression, this is why you have become a figure of ridicule.

Instead you lied.

Facts eh?

Inconvenient things for you kinky, aren't they?

The Council of Elrond

Where in the fuck am i saying the NHS is not devolved to the Scottish government

Money is not devolved correct ? That lies with the Uk treasury

Ayrshire

"Which part of miney is not devolved do yiu not get ?"

I'm hearing Inspector Clouseau when I read that.

Ayrshire

How it's spent is the responsibility if the Scottish executive, how its spent in Englands NHS has no influence on how its spent in Scotlands NHS.

The NHS in Scotland is totally devolved to the Scottish Parliament and all policy and SPENDING DECISIONS are made in Scotland.

The Council of Elrond

Ok lets deal with this

Is the UK treasury in charge of the money ?

Ayrshire

No, let's deal with this.

The NHS in Scotland is totally devolved to the Scottish Parliament and all policy and spending decisions are made in Scotland.

Spending decisions are made in Scotland.

Agreed?

How can spending decisions made in England have any effect when they are made in Scotland?

If the NHS Englands budget goes up 1%, does that mean Scotlands NHS budget go up?

Yes or no?

Even if Englands NHS budget is cut 1% in England does that mean it's cut in Scotlands NHS budget?

Yes or no?

The answers to both questions is no.

There is no direct correlation between English NHS spending and Scottish NHS spending.

The reason is that whatever is spent on the Scottish NHS is decided by Holyrood, no one else.

I'll repeat.

The NHS in Scotland is totally devolved to the Scottish Parliament and all policy and SPENDING DECISIONS are made in Scotland.

Is there anything you disagree with in this post?

Cambridge

"Ever heard of EVEL ?

"

But it will have an impact on people from Cambridge. And so will other votes about other laws that are not only about English laws.

Thornaby

"Ok lets deal with this

Is the UK treasury in charge of the money ?"

*Cough*

Scottish taxation

*Cough*

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

My understanding of devolution (with a minor caveat to follow)

All taxation is collected by the UK Treasury.

The UK Government decides how to spend the money by departmental functions.

For those functions that are devolved, the Barnett Formula calculates the share of money that goes to the devolved Government.

Let's take the NHS as an example. The UK Government decides to allocate an extra £1bn. The Scottish Government would get a percentage of that extra spending.

The Scottish Government can choose to allocate that additional money to the NHS - or it can spend it on something completely different.

The caveat?

One of the promises made by unionists during the 2014 referendum campaign was to devolve more powers to Scotland.

For the first time since devolution, Scotland can now raise a portion of its spending through its own taxation.

Your PAYE payslip in Scotland now shows two different income tax streams - one to the UK Government at UK rates and the other to the Scottish Govt at Scottish rates.

The Scottish Parliament recently voted to adjust the rates and rebalance the tax burden - those earning below average earnings in Scotland now pay less tax than elsewhere in the UK; while those earning above now pay more than elsewhere in the UK.

So while most of its income still comes from the UK Government allocation, the Scottish Parliament does now have its own income stream.

It's all very messy, however, and a typical British muddle.

By *ustJ0dieTV/TS  over a year ago

Burton-on-Trent

"... be richer, or poorer as an independent country? "

Hang on, you're not allowed to start threads like this. What the hell will Kinky do today now?

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

It would depend on what you meant by richer or poorer.

Scotland is a country that is a subjugated (not equal) partner of the United Kingdom and therefore gaining its freedom and independence could be seen as becoming richer as the populace would no longer be subjugated. Financially, they may, or may not have the same amount of income to play with, but what they will have is the means to cut their own cloth accordingly.

There are plenty of small countries around the world like Scotland (Ireland and Norway for example) that may be “richer” if they were subjugated to another country but in fact they are richer in other ways because they make their own decisions about what is important to them and at the same time join larger political unions as equal partners to increase their economic standing in the world.

"It would depend on what you meant by richer or poorer.

Scotland is a country that is a subjugated (not equal) partner of the United Kingdom and therefore gaining its freedom and independence could be seen as becoming richer as the populace would no longer be subjugated. Financially, they may, or may not have the same amount of income to play with, but what they will have is the means to cut their own cloth accordingly.

There are plenty of small countries around the world like Scotland (Ireland and Norway for example) that may be “richer” if they were subjugated to another country but in fact they are richer in other ways because they make their own decisions about what is important to them and at the same time join larger political unions as equal partners to increase their economic standing in the world."

not often I agree with "_oo hot", but a good post

Cambridge

There are plenty of small countries around the world like Scotland (Ireland and Norway for example) that may be “richer” if they were subjugated to another country but in fact they are richer in other ways because they make their own decisions about what is important to them and at the same time join larger political unions as equal partners to increase their economic standing in the world.

not often I agree with "_oo hot", but a good post "

Nice to see a Scottish nationalists finally admitting that the country would be financially poorer after independence.

glasgow

"Where in the fuck am i saying the NHS is not devolved to the Scottish government

"

It's amazing that one person can be so uneducated on a matter they constantly argue about. You're wrong on just about every single thing you post on here. I'm pretty sure you don't even understand what the word 'devolved' means.

Again to help you out, here's the Scottish Government website page that discusses Scotland's finances

https://beta.gov.scot/publications/scotlands-finances-key-facts-figures/

To quote from it:

"Scotland's Finances: Key facts and figures

Competent, financially prudent Scottish Government

This part of the guide sets out key information about how the system stands in 2016-17. The next part sets out how it will change in 2017-18 and beyond.

Devolved Finances

* The Scottish Government is accountable to the Scottish Parliament and the people of Scotland for its use of public money.

* Scottish Ministers decide spending plans that have to be approved by Holyrood.

* Since 2009-10, the Scottish Government has produced its accounts on the basis of international accounting standards."

Cambridge

"Where in the fuck am i saying the NHS is not devolved to the Scottish government

It's amazing that one person can be so uneducated on a matter they constantly argue about. You're wrong on just about every single thing you post on here. I'm pretty sure you don't even understand what the word 'devolved' means.

Again to help you out, here's the Scottish Government website page that discusses Scotland's finances

https://beta.gov.scot/publications/scotlands-finances-key-facts-figures/

To quote from it:

"Scotland's Finances: Key facts and figures

Competent, financially prudent Scottish Government

This part of the guide sets out key information about how the system stands in 2016-17. The next part sets out how it will change in 2017-18 and beyond.

Devolved Finances

* The Scottish Government is accountable to the Scottish Parliament and the people of Scotland for its use of public money.

* Scottish Ministers decide spending plans that have to be approved by Holyrood.

* Since 2009-10, the Scottish Government has produced its accounts on the basis of international accounting standards."

"

I have never known anyone as passionate about a subject, be so ignorant of it, as kinky is about politics. Like you say, they are wrong about virtually everything they post. I don't mean difference of opinion wrong, I mean clearly, demonstrable FACTS, kind of wrong. Like kinky thinks that Scottish politicians are unelected kind of wrong.

The Council of Elrond

There are plenty of small countries around the world like Scotland (Ireland and Norway for example) that may be “richer” if they were subjugated to another country but in fact they are richer in other ways because they make their own decisions about what is important to them and at the same time join larger political unions as equal partners to increase their economic standing in the world."

100% agree

Some clearly dont get it

Scottish independence is about the right to self govern to make our own decisions about what is important to us not to be ruled over and told what is best for Scotland and if we dont like it then mitigate it sorry but that is not good enough

Cambridge

100% agree

Some clearly dont get it

Scottish independence is about the right to self govern to make our own decisions about what is important to us not to be ruled over and told what is best for Scotland and if we dont like it then mitigate it sorry but that is not good enough

"

Yet another nationalist admitting Scotland would be financially poorer after independence

The Council of Elrond

Oh and here is an interesting thing coming from your PM

25th April 2016

And i quote " If brexit isn't fatal to the EU we might find that it is fatal to the union with Scotland. The SNP already said in the event that the UK votes to leave but Scotland votes to remain in the EU they will press ahead with another Scottish independence referendum.

If the people of Scotland are forced to choose between the UK and the EU we do not know what the result would be.

I dont want to see the UK i love at risk of dismemberent once more. I dont want the people of Scotland to think that English eurosceptics out their dislike of Brussels ahead of our bond with Scotland

We should remain"

See that is coming from Theresa May lol

And she know full well the Scottish government has a mandate you may not like it but thats fact and she would look silly to block it lol

Now with the Irish border and Scotland yes people be prepared to see the end of the UK

I know you all dont like the smaller countries in the UK having a voice and would rathervwe just shut the fuck up and just get telt what to do well tough shite not gonna happen this is what we have had to deal with for 300 + years so its time Scotland Wales and NI were listened to if not well fine cheerio lol

The Council of Elrond

100% agree

Some clearly dont get it

Yet another nationalist admitting Scotland would be financially poorer after independence "

Offt putting words in my mouth where did i say that ?

I said Scottish independence is about the right to self govern to make our own decisions about what is important to us not to be ruled over and told what is best for Scotland

Reaching much eh CLCC lmao

The Council of Elrond

Now i agree with this person on social media to Therea May own word see above as i did quote her on what she did say in 2016

Based on the differing EU referendum results by country, as she indicated; and, as she acknowledges it would be the case for another referendum if Scotland voted Remain - she has herself clearly justified another Independence Referendum now taking place

Ooooohhhhh the UK is in deep shite well dont go blaming us we will tell you what would happen if Scotland voted remain lol

Richer or poorer? It is reflection of modern life to limit this solely to monetary values. There's so many more ways to be richer or poorer.

For many I spoke with, Scotland becoming independent again was worth so much more than money. I think that's why there will always be a movement for seperation.

The Council of Elrond

"Richer or poorer? It is reflection of modern life to limit this solely to monetary values. There's so many more ways to be richer or poorer.

For many I spoke with, Scotland becoming independent again was worth so much more than money. I think that's why there will always be a movement for seperation."

Yup to self govern and do things different to the UK government instead of being told if we dont like it then mitigate it

North West

An interesting observation to this whole Scottish independence (from the UK) and UK "so-called" independence from the EU story.

The United Kingdom is a full and equal partner in the EU project. Scotland is a subjugated Nation in the United Kingdom (as is Wales). Notwithstanding that Scotland and Wales have been under the cosh of English Imperialists for God knows how long, neither Scotland nor Wales has lost its identity or cultural heritage. However, somehow we are expected to believe that the UK's membership to the EU is a threat to English culture (but not Scottish or Welsh) How could that be?

not often I agree with "_oo hot", but a good post

Nice to see a Scottish nationalists finally admitting that the country would be financially poorer after independence. "

Not at all, I suspect there could be a possibility for the initial few years after independence

as well as many negotiations. That is not to say our finances wouldn't grow, I suspect they would in years to come after Independence.

And then there would be EU negotiations, good possibility of re-joining EU

my god if that happened, how many business's would re-locate to Scotland

CLCC you are indeed a vindictive lady why loves to twist words

we Scots could live with initial less finance for all the benefits

that is indeed if we would be poorer, there are no facts or indeed proof on this, it would only be known once it happens.

and regardless of being richer or poorer I would jump at the chance of independence

Cambridge

"Richer or poorer? It is reflection of modern life to limit this solely to monetary values. There's so many more ways to be richer or poorer.

For many I spoke with, Scotland becoming independent again was worth so much more than money. I think that's why there will always be a movement for seperation."

A third nationalist admitting that Scotland would be financially poorer after independence

No, it's not all about monetary values, but money certainly helps. Worried about language? There'll be less money for teaching languages in schools. Worried about the arts? There'll be less money for that too. Worried about jobs? Well with trade barriers between Scotland and the UK, there will be fewer jobs.

For many I spoke with, Scotland becoming independent again was worth so much more than money. I think that's why there will always be a movement for seperation.

A third nationalist admitting that Scotland would be financially poorer after independence

No, it's not all about monetary values, but money certainly helps. Worried about language? There'll be less money for teaching languages in schools. Worried about the arts? There'll be less money for that too. Worried about jobs? Well with trade barriers between Scotland and the UK, there will be fewer jobs. "

CLCC

you simply do not know what the outcome would be richer or poorer

or indeed stay the same

You can guess, and guessing is indeed what you are doing

Both countries would be poorer on the world stage.

The RUK would attend world confrences and be moved from front row further back to keep Belgium company.

Scotland not being in the UK and it's intersets would be ushered even further back to keep maybe Denmark company.

Please also remember when the country borrows money on the international market it is the UKS reputation as to the interest rate.

As two separate countries we would both suffer !!!

Sadly, you don't understand my post.

I'm not Scottish, I don't live there now and so I can't vote in any independence vote but I do understand the Scottish psyche regarding being an independent country again and it has very, very little to do with monetary matters and arguments about which set of UK government figures are correct.

I also think Scotland has always been socialist in majority because of its history, or certainly not Tory, and has fought fiercely for its pride. Any outside forces challenging this, eg. Westminster government, will be fought equally fiercely and monetary figures can be banded about but it'll not make a jot of difference. It made no difference to any other newly independent country you can name and it's foolish to ignore or reject that.

Ayrshire

"Not at all, I suspect there could be a possibility for the initial few years after independence"

Straight away we lose Barnett and the fiscal transfer, approximately £10bn on day one.

How can that be dealt with?

Raise taxes or slash services or a combination of both.

How many years growth would it take just to get back to where we are today?

20 to 30 years just to break even.

20 to 30 years of austerity.

If you think Scotlands economy would be damaged by leaving the EU single market, then it would be foolish to discount the effect of leaving the UK single market.

The rest of the UK market that is worth four times more the the EU.

By all means campaign for independence, but don't ignore the negative aspects or play them down to be insignificant when clearly they are not.

Wishful thinking is all very well, but it's no way to run a country.

I find it irresponsible for people to use this "it'll be alright on the night" attitude, I doubt you do it with your own personal finances, why on earth would you do it with an entire countries finances is beyond belief.

The Council of Elrond

Lets see now how many countries that gained their independence from the UK is begging to rejoin the UK ?

Must be a reason for this after all the people defending the UK think its all sunshine and rainbows to be in the UK

I do honestly wonder why no country has ever rejoined the UK lmao

"Lets see now how many countries that gained their independence from the UK is begging to rejoin the UK ?

Must be a reason for this after all the people defending the UK think its all sunshine and rainbows to be in the UK

I do honestly wonder why no country has ever rejoined the UK lmao

"

exactly

Sadly, Scotland has many gutless people

Ayrshire

Not one of the countries we're part of the UK, they were colonies.

Scotland, despite your whining was never a colony.

It has had representatives at the UK Parliament from the start of the Union, the colonies never did.

So you keep comparing apples with oranges if you wish, it just highlights your ignorance once again.

Oh and Scotland was a leading player in the empire, Glasgow was built on the back of it.

Next time your around Merchant City look at those street names and who they were named after.

All men that exploited the colonies and plundered its wealth.

Another fact in the east, at one point two thirds of the Governess General were Scottish!

Ayrshire

Correction, Ireland is one at look how long it struggled post independence!

And at the end it should have read Governers General.

The Council of Elrond

Again how many countries that gained their independence from the UK is begging to rejoin the UK ?

Hazard a guess at why none of them want to rejoin the UK ?

Cambridge

No, it's not all about monetary values, but money certainly helps. Worried about language? There'll be less money for teaching languages in schools. Worried about the arts? There'll be less money for that too. Worried about jobs? Well with trade barriers between Scotland and the UK, there will be fewer jobs.

CLCC

you simply do not know what the outcome would be richer or poorer

or indeed stay the same

You can guess, and guessing is indeed what you are doing

"

Yes, I do. It's fucking obvious. Scotland now shares services with the rest of the UK. Scotland doesn't have a single embassy anywhere in the world, it will have to build those. Government departments would have to be recreated. No phase 1 military training is run in Scotland, you'll have to build those facilities. There are no border posts or monitoring of the border, that will have to be set up. You will need to create a central bank, you will need to create a new currency. Unless you intend to remain unicamral, you'll need to create a second chamber. You'll need a supreme court. You'll need to create a military, huge numbers of civil servants, a vast array of quangos etc etc etc. That will all cost a HUGE amount of money.

Add on to that the reduced trade between Scotland and the UK, and the fall in tac receipts, as well as the loss of the Barnett Formula, and the bills keep on piling up.

And all for What? If you woke up tomorrow, and Scotland was independent, what would be different? Would you be in the same house? Would you eat the same breakfast? Drive the same car? Shop in the same shop?

The Council of Elrond

Oh there is that anti Scottish behaviour from Ticklybit again

Did anyone notice that he only said "Scotland was a leading player in the empire"

He left oot England

Yes i know Scotland was part of the British empire and nothing to be proud of but strange how you tried to leave out England there

North West

No, it's not all about monetary values, but money certainly helps. Worried about language? There'll be less money for teaching languages in schools. Worried about the arts? There'll be less money for that too. Worried about jobs? Well with trade barriers between Scotland and the UK, there will be fewer jobs. "

Scotland has a greater GDP than Ireland. Scotland’s population is greater than Norway’s - it is not a viable argument to suggest that an independent Scotland would be worse off outside the United Kingdom. An independent Scotland may choose to abandon, or completely reevaluate defence commitments for example. It may choose to become a high tax socially inclusive country (Like Norway).

An independent Scotland that hopefully could become an EU Member would attract colossal inward investment at the expense of the angry little bulldog next door.

I am not Scottish, but I absolutely think that the Scots have the right for another referendum if Brexit Britain actually happens.

Ayrshire

Colonies mate, and they were never part of the UK.

Scotland was never a colony!

It is an integral part of the UK, and has been since day one of the Union.

And we had a vote to stay or leave.

We chose to stay.

All those other colonies have nothing to do with Scotland, in or out of the Union here today in the 21st century.

Do keep up!

Keep being irrelevant and barking up those wrong trees.

You do yourself no favours.

The Council of Elrond

Scotland has a greater GDP than Ireland. Scotland’s population is greater than Norway’s - it is not a viable argument to suggest that an independent Scotland would be worse off outside the United Kingdom. An independent Scotland may choose to abandon, or completely reevaluate defence commitments for example. It may choose to become a high tax socially inclusive country (Like Norway).

An independent Scotland that hopefully could become an EU Member would attract colossal inward investment at the expense of the angry little bulldog next door.

I am not Scottish, but I absolutely think that the Scots have the right for another referendum if Brexit Britain actually happens."

good to see someone outside of Scotland that believes we have ever right to decide our own future and not to be told that we have to suffer brexit what cause we are part of the UK well people in a democracy can at any point change their minds

I know their will be people that would vote no to independence not a problem with that as thats their right but to deny others a right to change their minds and for Scotland to decide its own future is very very very wrong

We in Scotland are NOT a colony tgat can be bossed about

What were they before the English called them colonies?

Some were a collection of states, self-governing eg 'India', some saw themselves as newborn countries eg US.

How about Canada,New Zealand, Australia...Maybe it's pedantic but colony or country- what difference? Don't recall any wanting back. Nor do I recall Iceland, Norway, any Baltic or Balkan country wanting to regain their immediate past ruler state.

Ayrshire

"Oh there is that anti Scottish behaviour from Ticklybit again

Did anyone notice that he only said "Scotland was a leading player in the empire"

He left oot England

"

Did anyone notice you have left "oot" Ireland and Wales.

They also played their part in the empire.

You only mentioned England!

By using your logic, can I now accuse you of being anti English?

As we are having a discussion about Scotland only you can seek grievance about not bringing England into it.

Of course you are not anti English, where could I get that idea from?

Thornaby

Kinkster threads go like this

He makes a statement.

He gets challenged.

He refuses to address the challenges and throws in a diversion.

The diversion gets challenged.

He refuses to answer the challenges.

He then throws in something like "Yoon gangs" or "hate Scotland.

People challenge this.

He turns it to 11.

Someone says something that he thinks substantiates a point he's made, he declares he's won the internet.

Someone challenges that and he tells them he's not answering as he's already won the internet and they hate Scotland.

Repeat.

Outcome

People think he's got issues

People think that SNP supporters are all like kinky and bonkers.

The net cause of Scot's independence takes a bit.

Kinkster, end the cycle, go and talk to someone in the real world and get some help. It is genuinely painful to witness.

The Council of Elrond

Ticklybit you ready to answer yet ? Hehe

How many countries that gained their independence from the UK are begging to rejoin ?

There maybe be a reason for this eh can you hazard any guess to why ?

The Council of Elrond

"Kinkster threads go like this

He makes a statement.

He gets challenged.

People challenge this.

He turns it to 11.

Someone says something that he thinks substantiates a point he's made, he declares he's won the internet.

Someone challenges that and he tells them he's not answering as he's already won the internet and they hate Scotland.

Repeat.

Outcome

Kinkster, end the cycle, go and talk to someone in the real world and get some help. It is genuinely painful to witness."

Ooooffft raging much lol

Am i getting to you ? Am i getting to you ? Am getting to you ? Lol

The Council of Elrond

"Oh there is that anti Scottish behaviour from Ticklybit again

He left oot England

Did anyone notice you have left "oot" Ireland and Wales.

They also played their part in the empire.

You only mentioned England!

By using your logic, can I now accuse you of being anti English?

As we are having a discussion about Scotland only you can seek grievance about not bringing England into it.

Of course you are not anti English, where could I get that idea from? "

Not at all

I was refering to the UK as in England and Scotland act of the union 1707

Nice try though

Ayrshire

"Some were a collection of states, self-governing eg 'India'"

I suggest that you look up the Mughals occupation of India prior to the British being there.

A more bloodthirsty period in history is harder to find.

India was never a unitary state until after its independence from Britain.

And even then, partition was a period of recent history that the people of India, Pakistan and Bangladesh still bear the scars of.

Lets look empires of the past, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Belgian, Dutch, German, Russian, Turks and the Italians.

Im not saying they were right to do what they did, but that was what was happening at the time.

Britain had to compete for these lands with all those other countries, if we did not, I shudder to think how the world would look like today.

We have to put it in the context of the times, to judge them by the standards of today is wrong and revisionist.

Why do we single out the British empire whilst ignoring all the others?

Ayrshire

"

Nice try though "

At no point did you refer to the Act of Union in your previous post.

That's an obvious lie.

You just got exposed by your own words, now you weasel your way out of it by lying.

What a dishonest little man you are?

Where in your previous post is any reference or implication of the Act of Union?

Thornaby

He makes a statement.

He gets challenged.

People challenge this.

He turns it to 11.

Repeat.

Outcome

Kinkster, end the cycle, go and talk to someone in the real world and get some help. It is genuinely painful to witness.

Ooooffft raging much lol

Am i getting to you ? Am i getting to you ? Am getting to you ? Lol "

Not really, but I think your post is a good indication of your mental health issues.

Ayrshire

"Ticklybit you ready to answer yet ? Hehe

"

Hehe you say, when you answer this.

But we all know you are "shite feart" to do so.

You haven't even attempted to do so, you did have a rant the other night but failed to address the question.

Hehe indeed.

Leaving the EU via Brexit will have consequences, job losses for instance.

Scotland goes independent,the consequences of that is that it too leaves the EU in the hardest terms.

No deal,therefore the same if not worse job losses than Brexit.

By going independent and leaving the UK, there will be further job losses.

As Scotlands trade with the rest of the UK is four times higher than with the EU, it would be safe to assume that it would be even more damaging than that caused by leaving the EU itself.

The question which you have not attempted to answer is, which of those two options is the least damaging to Scotland?

Brexit in UK or independence out of both the UK and EU?

What would you chose kinky?

Cambridge

"Richer

Why would it be richer?

No i answered it your question now you answer mine

Why do we believe England subsidised Scotland? Because the data tells us so.

I believe in the UK, so I am happy that wealth is distributed from richer regions to poorer regions. This is normal. It happens in EVERY single country in the world. That's how the nation state works.

So HOW would Scotland be richer if independent? Please provide your evidence to support your position."

So kinky still hasn't answered This, despite saying they would.

The Council of Elrond

"

Nice try though

That's an obvious lie.

You just got exposed by your own words, now you weasel your way out of it by lying.

Where in your previous post is any reference or implication of the Act of Union? "

I did say Scotland and England big clue there lol

It was Scotland and England only that signed the act of the union 1707 lol

Your just mad cause i caught you out in your anti Scottish shite

Claim doon son lol

glasgow

That being the case though, why do so many have difficulty accepting the fact that the country would be worse off financially? There are very few, if any nationalists who accept this and instead claim financial figures are rigged or can't be trusted etc. Also, why do the SNP not come out and be honest about this as well? Instead they came out with a White Paper that was laughably bad in terms of finances and they made the claim everyone would be better off.

I've actually got a bit of respect for those who admit they don't care about being worse off financially as it's all about self-determinism (although I think it's rather selfish as those at the bottom always suffer the most when finances are tight) but I do have a big issue with the constant need by many to lie that it wouldn't be the case.

The Council of Elrond

[Removed by poster at 05/03/18 13:52:00]

The Council of Elrond

Anyone seen Ruth Davidson's "three Scottish independence referendum tests" The very act she has set them out of is an admission that there is a case for a referendum on Scottish independence Thats a huge strategic blunder from her.

Also read above about the very words Theresa May said on 25th April 2016 and she also makes the case for a referendum

These Tories sure are dumb as fuck

Ayrshire

"

Nice try though

That's an obvious lie.

Where in your previous post is any reference or implication of the Act of Union?

Claim doon son lol "

And you forgot the Laws of Wales Acts 1535 and 1542 when Wales was also now represented in Parliament at Westminster.

When Scotland joined in union with England, it was also a union with Wales.

Did you really forget that, or were you just ignorant of it?

Read up on history son.

Thornaby

"

Nice try though

That's an obvious lie.

Claim doon son lol "

I think this is covered in his SOP as the "xenophobia defence plan"

That being the case though, why do so many have difficulty accepting the fact that the country would be worse off financially? There are very few, if any nationalists who accept this and instead claim financial figures are rigged or can't be trusted etc. Also, why do the SNP not come out and be honest about this as well? Instead they came out with a White Paper that was laughably bad in terms of finances and they made the claim everyone would be better off.

I've actually got a bit of respect for those who admit they don't care about being worse off financially as it's all about self-determinism (although I think it's rather selfish as those at the bottom always suffer the most when finances are tight) but I do have a big issue with the constant need by many to lie that it wouldn't be the case."

I could not agree more.

My mate has always said Scotland would be poorer after Indy but he accepts that.

His belief is that Scotland would eventually get back up financially but it would take time.

That is the kind of honesty I respect and we have really good debates on Indy.

We agree on some stuff but not on others but at least he is a realist.

As he calls them " The flag waving believers in unicorns " are infor an eye opening come Indy. At least he is finantialy educated but willing to take the hit !@!

The Council of Elrond

Outside the EU single market there will be fuck all to stop the UK government trading away protected status for Scottish whisky so they can get a trade deal with Trump

Oh what do we have here

US lobbyists are calling for Scotch Whisky protected status to be dropped

The Scottish Whisky Industry exports over £4bn annually, and accounts for c25% of UK food & drink exports.

Let that fucking sink in eh lol

The Council of Elrond

He makes a statement.

He gets challenged.

People challenge this.

He turns it to 11.

Repeat.

Outcome

Ooooffft raging much lol

Am i getting to you ? Am i getting to you ? Am getting to you ? Lol

Not really, but I think your post is a good indication of your mental health issues."

Your post shows you are actually willing to joke about with mental health its fuck all to joke about with

Cambridge

"Outside the EU single market there will be fuck all to stop the UK government trading away protected status for Scottish whisky so they can get a trade deal with Trump

Oh what do we have here

The Scottish Whisky Industry exports over £4bn annually, and accounts for c25% of UK food & drink exports.

"

Nothing to do with topic at hand. This isn't your thread, so how about you answer the questions at hand, such as how would Scotland be richer after independence. You said you would answer that question. Are you going to keep your word?

Ayrshire

"Outside the EU single market there will be fuck all to stop the UK government trading away protected status for Scottish whisky so they can get a trade deal with Trump

Oh what do we have here

"

And the vast majority of it is owned outside of Scotland, have you heard of Pernod Ricard or Diageo?

One headquartered in London the other in Paris.

Let that sink in!

Where will receipts from corporation tax and profits go if Scotland is independent?

It wont be Edinburgh, let that sink in.

The only tax an independent Scotland would receive would be from companies registered there and from the duty raised on domestic sales only.

Let that sink in!

As for protected status, it is protected by UK, EU and WTO rules.

The usual unfounded and ill prepared argument and ignorant "shite" from kinky.

As someone else asked earlier, why are you always wrong?

The Council of Elrond

I an wilking to take a punt on why the Leave side want a no deal/ hard brexit soo bad is to buying shares in UK companies as they start playing with other people's money. They then sell them quickly and buy them back at a much lower price making a nice profit for themselves

And of course to make the UK a tax haven

The Council of Elrond

Oh what do we have here

Nothing to do with topic at hand. This isn't your thread, so how about you answer the questions at hand, such as how would Scotland be richer after independence. You said you would answer that question. Are you going to keep your word?"

Sorry but no thanks you dont tell others to stick to what the thread is aboot so nae thanks

Plus you dont stick to what my threads is aboot so yeah nae thanks

Cambridge

"I an wilking to take a punt on why the Leave side want a no deal/ hard brexit soo bad is to buying shares in UK companies as they start playing with other people's money. They then sell them quickly and buy them back at a much lower price making a nice profit for themselves

And of course to make the UK a tax haven "

Kinky, this has nothing to do with the thread whatsoever, and is not a natural progression from other posts. Please remember the forum rules state:

"Deliberate or malicious disruption of the forum:

If you deliberately or maliciously try to interrupt everyone else's enjoyment of the forums, for example by trying to fill up the forum with your own content (just one example), it's not fair and we'll take action."

glasgow

Oh what do we have here

"

Food and Drink only make up a tiny amount of UK exports. Roughly around 2%. Let that sink in.

The Council of Elrond

Btw its really interesting to watch yoons always play Scotland doom and gloom lol

Again watch this say something good about Scotland? Wont accept the usual crap " its a beautiful country

Say something good aboot the SNP ?

I know am getting to yous all take a look at this forum Scotland is getting talked aboot more and more must piss you right off that we wont get back in the box eh lmao

Ayrshire

Oh what do we have here

Nothing to do with topic at hand. This isn't your thread, so how about you answer the questions at hand, such as how would Scotland be richer after independence. You said you would answer that question. Are you going to keep your word?

Sorry but no thanks you dont tell others to stick to what the thread is aboot so nae thanks

Plus you dont stick to what my threads is aboot so yeah nae thanks "

Did you see my reply?

Do you want to talk about the whisky industry further?

The Council of Elrond

Jesus for so many people against Scottish independence you sure do love talking aboot it

Got you spooked

Running oot of time to save the UK squeeky bum time lol

Thornaby

Oh what do we have here

Plus you dont stick to what my threads is aboot so yeah nae thanks

Did you see my reply?

Do you want to talk about the whisky industry further?"

He's on Divert and deflect mode now.

Apparently we are all sat gnashing our teeth as his superior rhetorical skills ties us up in knots.

Anyone fancy a hobnob?

Ayrshire

"Say something good aboot the SNP ?"

They lost 21 seats and 476867 votes at the last General Election, that was good.

The Council of Elrond

""Say something good aboot the SNP ?"

They lost 21 seats and 476867 votes at the last General Election, that was good. "

I knew it couldnt do it lol

"Btw its really interesting to watch yoons always play Scotland doom and gloom lol

Again watch this say something good about Scotland? Wont accept the usual crap " its a beautiful country

Say something good aboot the SNP ?

I know am getting to yous all take a look at this forum Scotland is getting talked aboot more and more must piss you right off that we wont get back in the box eh lmao "

Two good things !!!!

Here they are

First good thing.....Kinky lives in Scotland.

Second good thing about the snp....Kinky supports the snp

Ayrshire

It was good, who are you to tell me whats good or not?

Seeing salmond and co. trashed by a load of tories was more than mere good, and Jo Swinson booting out the preening narcissist Nicolson was hilarious.

The Council of Elrond

Want more lol

That i know you want buried

I know yoons love the deficit game lol

So UK assets are approx £8.8 trillion we own 8.3% boom!!!! Deficit gone lol

Scotland contributes to London projects total cost running up ro about £110 million plus have to now add in Buckingham palace and Westminster that will add to that

Deficit gone see ya cheerio lol

No doubt that will be buried any dirty trick to keep Scotland tied doon to the UK

Scottish people must not be allowed to decide their own future eh we must be told what are future is

Thornaby

"Want more lol

Scotland contributes to London projects total cost running up ro about £110 million plus have to now add in Buckingham palace and Westminster that will add to that

No doubt that will be buried any dirty trick to keep Scotland tied doon to the UK

Scottish people must not be allowed to decide their own future eh we must be told what are future is

"

Full speed ahead Captain Kinky and launch the last of the diversion bombs.

Cap'n the engines cannae take it

(Kinkster does Star Trek)

Ayrshire

"So UK assets are approx £8.8 trillion we own 8.3% boom!!!! Deficit gone lol"

And a share of UK debt at 8.3% would be £165,153,283,800. BOOM !!!!

I see kinky thinks he can get a share of private assets in the UK, thats your house, car and savings he thinks he gets a cut of.

Hes quoting private and public assets how stupid is that?

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

""So UK assets are approx £8.8 trillion we own 8.3% boom!!!! Deficit gone lol"

And a share of UK debt at 8.3% would be £165,153,283,800. BOOM !!!!

I see kinky thinks he can get a share of private assets in the UK, thats your house, car and savings he thinks he gets a cut of.

Hes quoting private and public assets how stupid is that?

"

Exactly why I'm not wasting any more of my time on his ridiculous and factually bereft posts.

I urge others to follow suit.

""Say something good aboot the SNP ?"

They lost 21 seats and 476867 votes at the last General Election, that was good.

I knew it couldnt do it lol "

most of these were protest votes many slipping over to Tory due to brexit, these votes will not remain Tory votes, they will slip back to SNP

Labour has lost out long term due to the damage of Jim Murphy & Kezia Dugdale

Danny Alexander has ensured no one will vote Lib Dems along with the buffoon Willie Rennie

The only Party that considers any good and well being for Scotland is in fact the SNP

I have my grief with SNP due to various policies they have, but all in all they have Scotland's interests at heart

Unlike any other Scottish Party.

That is one thing, no one can deny

"Want more lol

"

That is great peace of thinking but you are talking about deficit and debt they are two completely different things !!!

I was watching one of your fellow travellers saying with Scotland's share of what is in the treasury then Scotland can set up a currency. ...

your simplistic remedy seems to blow that out of the water !!!!!

Ayrshire

An snp vote is a protest vote.

Away and "bile yer heid" as my Scottish friends say.

The Council of Elrond

Ok watch this hehehehehehe

So which party / branch office to people believe is standing up for Scotlands best interests ?

"Ok watch this hehehehehehe

So which party / branch office to people believe is standing up for Scotlands best interests ? "

LABOUR !!!!

Ayrshire

"Want more lol

That is great peace of thinking but you are talking about deficit and debt they are two completely different things !!!

I was watching one of your fellow travellers saying with Scotland's share of what is in the treasury then Scotland can set up a currency. ...

your simplistic remedy seems to blow that out of the water !!!!!"

Agreed.

The Council of Elrond

So which party / branch office to people believe is standing up for Scotlands best interests ?

LABOUR !!!!"

Lmao is that why they have never been in government since 2007 ?

So what evidence is there that they are standing up for Scotland ?

By *bi_scotlandTV/TS  over a year ago

Glasgow

I see this is still going on. It's asmusing seeing someone accusing people of ranting or anger when it's clear where all the anger, bad language, childish comments about 'shitting pants' and numerous spelling mistakes as they bash away at the keyboard are all coming from. It's pretty much restricted to one person. Maybe getting a job would help them with their issues. Sitting in the house day after day ranting on a swingers site can't be healthy, mentally of physically.

Ayrshire

"I see this is still going on. It's asmusing seeing someone accusing people of ranting or anger when it's clear where all the anger, bad language, childish comments about 'shitting pants' and numerous spelling mistakes as they bash away at the keyboard are all coming from. It's pretty much restricted to one person. Maybe getting a job would help them with their issues. Sitting in the house day after day ranting on a swingers site can't be healthy, mentally of physically."

Glasgow

"I see this is still going on. It's asmusing seeing someone accusing people of ranting or anger when it's clear where all the anger, bad language, childish comments about 'shitting pants' and numerous spelling mistakes as they bash away at the keyboard are all coming from. It's pretty much restricted to one person. Maybe getting a job would help them with their issues. Sitting in the house day after day ranting on a swingers site can't be healthy, mentally of physically.

"

And I managed two spelling mistakes of my own . Not from angrily hammering away at the keyboard though.

The Council of Elrond

Decribing most people on this thread lol

Getting a job would help them with their issues. Sitting in the house day after day lol

Glasgow

"Decribing most people on this thread lol

Getting a job would help them with their issues. Sitting in the house day after day lol

"

Have you ever held a job?

""Some were a collection of states, self-governing eg 'India'"

I suggest that you look up the Mughals occupation of India prior to the British being there.

A more bloodthirsty period in history is harder to find.

India was never a unitary state until after its independence from Britain.

And even then, partition was a period of recent history that the people of India, Pakistan and Bangladesh still bear the scars of.

Lets look empires of the past, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Belgian, Dutch, German, Russian, Turks and the Italians.

Im not saying they were right to do what they did, but that was what was happening at the time.

Britain had to compete for these lands with all those other countries, if we did not, I shudder to think how the world would look like today.

We have to put it in the context of the times, to judge them by the standards of today is wrong and revisionist.

Why do we single out the British empire whilst ignoring all the others? "

That's why India was in inverted commas. I'm well aware of its history.

Talking about brutal regimes, of which UK were no less willing to join in, especially in that area, takes the discussion on another road we were not on. Still, at no point did any of these states/countries wish to be governed again by their recent 'rulers'.

LABOUR !!!!

So what evidence is there that they are standing up for Scotland ?"

I do not think the snp stand up for Scotland's people because no matter what they do IT is geared towards one thing

Indyref 2.

As the snp have not convinced me it is the best way forward for Scotland I prefer to give my vote to Labour.

"Decribing most people on this thread lol

"

Not having a job can't apply to me since I have worked since I left school at age 17.

Not only that I have not had a sick day in over 23 years !!

LABOUR !!!!

I do not think the snp stand up for Scotland's people because no matter what they do IT is geared towards one thing

Indyref 2.

As the snp have not convinced me it is the best way forward for Scotland I prefer to give my vote to Labour."

So are you saying Kinky is wrong then and the SNP do nothing for Scotland or its people

Or is it just their stance on independance you dont agree with.

See kinky thinks everyone north of the border hates Scotland and the Scots but we all know that isnt true.

Just because we would like it if Scotland remained does not mean they cant have a referendum on it

Also why does he keep asking predominantly English people what we would do then when we answer tells us to fuck off we are shite feart to lose Scotland

Sorry if I went off tangent there

The Council of Elrond

LABOUR !!!!

Indyref 2.

As the snp have not convinced me it is the best way forward for Scotland I prefer to give my vote to Labour."

Went into SNP bad mode lol

Nothing on what Scottish Labour branch is doing in Scotlands best interest lol