FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Looks like Putin ordered another execution on our soil.

Looks like Putin ordered another execution on our soil.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43295134

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Police are investigating whether a crime has been committed

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

Yet many people in this country and America are happy about Russian Influence in their countries.

I wonder what the history books of the future will say about who won the cold war.

Lets rush to get rid of the rest of our armed forces and trident as we really don't need any of it with lovely uncle Putin about !!!!

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

All looks rather clumsy for a secret service assassination.

I suppose the truth will come out after the proper investigation...or will it?

By *ary_ArgyllMan  over a year ago

Argyll

"All looks rather clumsy for a secret service assassination.

I suppose the truth will come out after the proper investigation...or will it? "

Why clumsy? They've used poisons in the past, especially hard to detect chemicals.

Putin did use his state of the nation speech to deliver a stern warning to the USA that Russia has a series of new high tech nuclear weapons that can apparently overcome any defences

Putin added he's not threatening anyone..but the White House are apparently planning on spending over 700 billion dollars on defence in the next fiscal year to deter any thread from Moscow

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"Lets rush to get rid of the rest of our armed forces and trident as we really don't need any of it with lovely uncle Putin about !!!!"

Didn't anyone tell you the pacifist Corbyn will defeat Putin with flowers, fluffy bunnies, and cuddly bears.

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

"Didn't anyone tell you the pacifist Corbyn will defeat Putin with flowers, fluffy bunnies, and cuddly bears. "

I think if you check you will find that for the last 8 years it has been a Tory led government that has consistently cut the armed services. Further if you do a little checking you will find that it is Tory governments that cut the military while claiming to be the party of defence.

By *heislanderMan  over a year ago

cheshunt

Isn’t it amazing how nobody protests about Putin,imagine this was Trump, central London would be covered in snowflakes again ??

"Isn’t it amazing how nobody protests about Putin,imagine this was Trump, central London would be covered in snowflakes again ??"

The difference is, that Putin is more likely to do something! If the Russians wanted to they could take the UK in days! As Boris said recently - go protest outside the embassy in London - that's about the extent of our capability.

By *heislanderMan  over a year ago

cheshunt

"Isn’t it amazing how nobody protests about Putin,imagine this was Trump, central London would be covered in snowflakes again ??

The difference is, that Putin is more likely to do something! If the Russians wanted to they could take the UK in days! As Boris said recently - go protest outside the embassy in London - that's about the extent of our capability. "

Exactly, I’d be much more worried about what’s happening in Russia than what Trump is doing. I agree Russia could take the Uk in days, we need to be nice to Donald, make sure he protects us

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

Sometimes it helps to read media other than those in your country.

A) there is no evidence yet of a crime even having been committed

B) The "neutralisation" of people considered a threat to the interests of a state is not exclusive to Russia. The US, Israel, China, Russia, Saudi, they all do it. Even the UK.

Just this week the UK acknowledged for the first time that our intelligence services are empowered to carry out "criminal acts" but did not give the scope. What it does mean is they have immunity from prosecution for what they get up to. Another story today in Israel about their assassination of Iranian nuclear scientists.

The man who is ill in hospital was convicted some years ago of selling Russian state secrets to the British.

"Sometimes it helps to read media other than those in your country.

A) there is no evidence yet of a crime even having been committed

B) The "neutralisation" of people considered a threat to the interests of a state is not exclusive to Russia. The US, Israel, China, Russia, Saudi, they all do it. Even the UK.

Just this week the UK acknowledged for the first time that our intelligence services are empowered to carry out "criminal acts" but did not give the scope. What it does mean is they have immunity from prosecution for what they get up to. Another story today in Israel about their assassination of Iranian nuclear scientists.

The man who is ill in hospital was convicted some years ago of selling Russian state secrets to the British.

"

Read 2nd post

Bristol East

Temporay Assistant Chief Constable Craig Holden: "Because we are still at the very early stages of the investigation, we are unable to ascertain whether or not a crime has taken place."

A couple were found in a state of distress on a park bench at 4.15pm yesterday. Perhaps not that unusual.

Very quickly, our media is full of unattributable information - i.e. the source is not identified - about the victims, their connections, the Russian secret services etc.

Someone, somewhere has been working very hard in the dark arts of media relations. And no, I am not talking about Wiltshire Police press office.

Cambridge

"Lets rush to get rid of the rest of our armed forces and trident as we really don't need any of it with lovely uncle Putin about !!!!

Didn't anyone tell you the pacifist Corbyn will defeat Putin with flowers, fluffy bunnies, and cuddly bears. "

Centaur it's quite funny that you are trying to point the finger at Corbyn, yet you are the one who has been duped by Russian propaganda on the likes of Brexit and Trump!

Bristol East

How our media works:

Jeremy Corbyn - vilified as a traitor who sold state secrets to a hostile foreign power

Sergei Skripal - a victim of a hostile foreign power

One of them actually sold state secrets to a hostile foreign power. Can you guess which one?

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

Nice to see the Russian spy was give leave to live in the UK...dumping ground yet again

Amazing how people jump to conclusions.

Cambridge

"Nice to see the Russian spy was give leave to live in the UK...dumping ground yet again"

He spied for us

We SHOULD be worried about what the US does, as it's power in the world wanes, a status they are not going to accept. As a country, it is entirely responsible for provoking the Cold War and the USSR'S reaction at that time or indeed, the North Korea situation.

The sooner we stop laughing at Mr Trump and his potential for gaffes, as though it doesn't actually matter, and see other countries' perspectives, the sooner we can achieve real peace.

And if you believe that the US or UK don't bump off people- you are a fool.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Nice to see the Russian spy was give leave to live in the UK...dumping ground yet again

He spied for us "

sometimes one just has to laugh on here..

'dumping ground'..

Bristol East

The guy was in prison for betraying his country. The Yanks swapped some Russians being held in their jails and Britain took him in, presumably with a whole new identity a à la Thompson and Veneables. Crime does indeed pay.

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

"Nice to see the Russian spy was give leave to live in the UK...dumping ground yet again"

He worked FOR us!

-Matt

"Isn’t it amazing how nobody protests about Putin,imagine this was Trump, central London would be covered in snowflakes again ??

The difference is, that Putin is more likely to do something! If the Russians wanted to they could take the UK in days! As Boris said recently - go protest outside the embassy in London - that's about the extent of our capability.

Exactly, I’d be much more worried about what’s happening in Russia than what Trump is doing. I agree Russia could take the Uk in days, we need to be nice to Donald, make sure he protects us "

I doubt he would !

As long as thier based here weren't touched !

Mind you they helped us in the Falklands didn't they !

Er Hang on hmmmmm NOT ??

Cambridge

"Nice to see the Russian spy was give leave to live in the UK...dumping ground yet again

He spied for us

sometimes one just has to laugh on here..

'dumping ground'.. "

I know, it's like bitching about James Bond claiming a pension!

Bristol East

Public official in the heart of the British establishment gives away identities of British secret agents overseas to a foreign power in return for wads of cash - corrupt and treacherous.

Public official in the heart of the Russian establishment gives away identities of Russian secret agents to a foreign power in return for wads of cash - heroic spy.

Nah.

Both just corrupt, greedy and treacherous.

"Public official in the heart of the British establishment gives away identities of British secret agents overseas to a foreign power in return for wads of cash - corrupt and treacherous.

Public official in the heart of the Russian establishment gives away identities of Russian secret agents to a foreign power in return for wads of cash - heroic spy.

Nah.

Both just corrupt, greedy and treacherous.

"

I hear you but your wasting your breath, everybody has there personal narrative of the world and this forum mimics real life politics.

Putin is the James bond evil baddy seeking world domination and willing to lock up his own citizens who don't go along with the state.... Yea thank goodness the West doesn't lock up whistle blowers.

Of course the minute you or I attempt to explain what we see happening your quite clearly a Russian cyber bot propaganda duped fool

It's interesting that there have been many high profile assassinations here of Russians .However only litvineko with pollinium and this attempt seems to got the government calling Russia out.Maybe they don't approve of the methods of the Russian secret service in this instance.

"It's interesting that there have been many high profile assassinations here of Russians .However only litvineko with pollinium and this attempt seems to got the government calling Russia out.Maybe they don't approve of the methods of the Russian secret service in this instance."

I suspect it's the same method, polonium poisoning is pretty fatal and it's not exactly what you want being spread round your towns so it's always going to be high profile, which is pertinent because it's use is meant to be high profile.

If it was state sanctioned it's done as a very clear signal to others thinking about doing similar.

This guy seems to be very obscure for this particular type of assassination which leaves a personal vendetta or a black op by the UK state.

Those who live by the sword and all

"Didn't anyone tell you the pacifist Corbyn will defeat Putin with flowers, fluffy bunnies, and cuddly bears.

I think if you check you will find that for the last 8 years it has been a Tory led government that has consistently cut the armed services. Further if you do a little checking you will find that it is Tory governments that cut the military while claiming to be the party of defence."

Just like before the Falklands happens.

The carriers were up for sale by the Tories.

A few of my mates were on merchant ships supporting the invasion. They had redundancy notices faxed to their ships as their jobs were going back to Filipino crews and that was on the way back from the conflict !!!!

"It's interesting that there have been many high profile assassinations here of Russians .However only litvineko with pollinium and this attempt seems to got the government calling Russia out.Maybe they don't approve of the methods of the Russian secret service in this instance..

I suspect it's the same method, polonium poisoning is pretty fatal and it's not exactly what you want being spread round your towns so it's always going to be high profile, which is pertinent because it's use is meant to be high profile.

If it was state sanctioned it's done as a very clear signal to others thinking about doing similar.

This guy seems to be very obscure for this particular type of assassination which leaves a personal vendetta or a black op by the UK state.

Those who live by the sword and all "

Well his daughter didnt live by the sword and has also been poisoned also one member of the emergency services remains in hospital.I wonder if it will classed as an act of terrorism ? Now the counter terrorist police have taken over.

"It's interesting that there have been many high profile assassinations here of Russians .However only litvineko with pollinium and this attempt seems to got the government calling Russia out.Maybe they don't approve of the methods of the Russian secret service in this instance..

Well his daughter didnt live by the sword and has also been poisoned also one member of the emergency services remains in hospital.I wonder if it will classed as an act of terrorism ? Now the counter terrorist police have taken over."

thanks for the update

what type of poison was it?

how was it inflicted?

who was guilty of the crime?

I take it, it was a crime?

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"

A few of my mates were on merchant ships supporting the invasion. They had redundancy notices faxed to their ships as their jobs were going back to Filipino crews and that was on the way back from the conflict !!!!"

Exactly - on our way back from Ascension to Newport News I got the good news.

Well his daughter didnt live by the sword and has also been poisoned also one member of the emergency services remains in hospital.I wonder if it will classed as an act of terrorism ? Now the counter terrorist police have taken over."

I notice his family reckon his wife bother and son have died all within two years with some suspicion as well.

His daughter was still living in Russia though so they obviously weren't too concerned from Russian repercussions?.

It's a very strange case indeed

Bristol East

Our esteemed Foreign Secretary is suggesting he won't go to Russia to watch England play in the World Cup if a connection is found.

Cripes, that'll shake the Kremlin!

By *agermeisterMan  over a year ago

Leeds

What makes you think it was Russia? He spied for us. He would know many MI6 contacts. Maybe he became expendible?

Don't kid yourself that we are the 'goodies' and Russia are the 'baddies'

They're all bad.

Cannock

"Didn't anyone tell you the pacifist Corbyn will defeat Putin with flowers, fluffy bunnies, and cuddly bears.

I think if you check you will find that for the last 8 years it has been a Tory led government that has consistently cut the armed services. Further if you do a little checking you will find that it is Tory governments that cut the military while claiming to be the party of defence."

It's Corbyn who has a personal ambition to scrap trident. He's been dreaming about scrapping it for decades and if he ever got his hands on the levers of power scrap it he would. The tories are all in agreement that trident needs to stay and be renewed. After hearing Putin's recent state of the nation speech it's ever more clear now we need a new updated version of trident.

Cannock

"Lets rush to get rid of the rest of our armed forces and trident as we really don't need any of it with lovely uncle Putin about !!!!

Didn't anyone tell you the pacifist Corbyn will defeat Putin with flowers, fluffy bunnies, and cuddly bears.

Centaur it's quite funny that you are trying to point the finger at Corbyn, yet you are the one who has been duped by Russian propaganda on the likes of Brexit and Trump! "

I've made no secret about the fact I've supported ukip's campaign to get us out of the EU since 2004. You really think Putin and Russia have had sustained meddling in this area as far back as 2004? Also have you already forgotten that the bosses of both Facebook and YouTube said recently that there was no significant meddling from Russia through their websites in the EU referendum.

Cambridge

Centaur it's quite funny that you are trying to point the finger at Corbyn, yet you are the one who has been duped by Russian propaganda on the likes of Brexit and Trump!

I've made no secret about the fact I've supported ukip's campaign to get us out of the EU since 2004. You really think Putin and Russia have had sustained meddling in this area as far back as 2004? Also have you already forgotten that the bosses of both Facebook and YouTube said recently that there was no significant meddling from Russia through their websites in the EU referendum. "

And now you are trying to deny it even happened! Classic!

Cannock

I've made no secret about the fact I've supported ukip's campaign to get us out of the EU since 2004. You really think Putin and Russia have had sustained meddling in this area as far back as 2004? Also have you already forgotten that the bosses of both Facebook and YouTube said recently that there was no significant meddling from Russia through their websites in the EU referendum.

And now you are trying to deny it even happened! Classic! "

No just quoting what the bosses of Facebook and YouTube said in a recent hearing with MP's. Also the man you're defending here, Jeremy Corbyn has been a Eurosceptic opponent of the EU since the 1970's, you think Corbyn was brainwashed by the Russians as well?

Cambridge

And now you are trying to deny it even happened! Classic!

No just quoting what the bosses of Facebook and YouTube said in a recent hearing with MP's. Also the man you're defending here, Jeremy Corbyn has been a Eurosceptic opponent of the EU since the 1970's, you think Corbyn was brainwashed by the Russians as well? "

You are ignoring the findings of both the UK and US intelligence communities.

I can sense some hypocrisy here...

Russian traitor spies for us = 'good guy'

British traitor spies for the Russians = 'evil bastard who sould be droned'

Bear in mind though, he'd been locked up in Russia. Why didn't they kill him then?

Litvinenko being a separate issue though

Cambridge

"

Bear in mind though, he'd been locked up in Russia. Why didn't they kill him then?

Litvinenko being a separate issue though"

How about WWII, were there good guys and bad guys? Or were both sides good, or both sides bad?

"

How about WWII, were there good guys and bad guys? Or were both sides good, or both sides bad? "

just reflecting what people think.

All sides did terrible things in ww2.

Well his daughter didnt live by the sword and has also been poisoned also one member of the emergency services remains in hospital.I wonder if it will classed as an act of terrorism ? Now the counter terrorist police have taken over..

I notice his family reckon his wife bother and son have died all within two years with some suspicion as well.

His daughter was still living in Russia though so they obviously weren't too concerned from Russian repercussions?.

It's a very strange case indeed"

Well it sends a very powerful message to anyone thinking of spying against the state.Betray your country and well execute every member of your family and then we'll execute you.

It makes perfect sense.

Well his daughter didnt live by the sword and has also been poisoned also one member of the emergency services remains in hospital.I wonder if it will classed as an act of terrorism ? Now the counter terrorist police have taken over..

Well it sends a very powerful message to anyone thinking of spying against the state.Betray your country and well execute every member of your family and then we'll execute you.

It makes perfect sense.

"

Why didn't the Russians kill him while they had him locked up in Russia though.. Just saying

It makes perfect sense.

Why didn't the Russians kill him while they had him locked up in Russia though.. Just saying"

I guess he was useful alive to be exchanged at a later date for their spies who got caught.

It makes perfect sense.

Why didn't the Russians kill him while they had him locked up in Russia though.. Just saying I guess he was useful alive to be exchanged at a later date for their spies who got caught."

Fair point, bargaining chip.

Grantham

There will be many in the Russian Secret Services that will have a personal axe to grind with him.

"There will be many in the Russian Secret Services that will have a personal axe to grind with him.

"

A guy who sells secrets and endangering his/her country for the sake of money isn't really honourable is it?! He'll certainly have made enemies.

It makes perfect sense.

"

Sounds more like the Russian Mafia maybe

By *elvet RopeMan  over a year ago

by the big field

Didn't anyone tell you the pacifist Corbyn will defeat Putin with flowers, fluffy bunnies, and cuddly bears. "

I always thought Tory Boy was fictional, maybe a change of username?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWSr1Aw0EBA

Cambridge

"

How about WWII, were there good guys and bad guys? Or were both sides good, or both sides bad?

"

So both sides were bad, and it wouldn't have made a difference who won? You would have been happy with either?

Cannock

"

Wrong assumption fella. I'm not a Tory, I'm a ukipper.

Bristol East

"

It's Corbyn who has a personal ambition to scrap trident. He's been dreaming about scrapping it for decades and if he ever got his hands on the levers of power scrap it he would. The tories are all in agreement that trident needs to stay and be renewed. After hearing Putin's recent state of the nation speech it's ever more clear now we need a new updated version of trident. "

Successive UK Governments, including this one, are committed to disarmament under the Non-Proliferation Treaty. Lord Ahmad, the defence minister, reiterated this in the Lords on Monday - that the UK is working towards the conditions that make it possible to eliminate all nuclear weapons.

Multilateral or unilateral is the question - but the UK undeniably is committed (on paper at least) to disarm.

in Lancashire

[Removed by poster at 07/03/18 07:29:12]

in Lancashire

Wrong assumption fella. I'm not a Tory, I'm a ukipper. "

Flip flopping again..

Next week Mr Boltons new party?

Cambridge

Wrong assumption fella. I'm not a Tory, I'm a ukipper. "

The Russians have stitched you up like a kipper! (BTW, my phone just auto corrected "kipper" to "Muppet" )

in Lancashire

Methinks centy is not happy with mays performance thus far on brexit so is headed back to the swivel eyed xenophobia nigh on bankrupt kippers..

They have a vacancy for a leader..

Cannock

"Methinks centy is not happy with mays performance thus far on brexit so is headed back to the swivel eyed xenophobia nigh on bankrupt kippers..

They have a vacancy for a leader.. "

No they don't, as Gerrard Batten is the new leader of ukip and has been for several weeks.

Do try to keep up on current

events.

Cannock

The Russians have stitched you up like a kipper! (BTW, my phone just auto corrected "kipper" to "Muppet" )"

And Jeremy Corbyn, have the Russians stitched him up too since he's been opposed to the EU since the 1970's.

Cambridge

The Russians have stitched you up like a kipper! (BTW, my phone just auto corrected "kipper" to "Muppet" )

And Jeremy Corbyn, have the Russians stitched him up too since he's been opposed to the EU since the 1970's. "

Possibly, the man's a dickhead. So you are happy admit you have been stitched up by the Russians as long as Corbyn was also stitched up?

Cannock

Flip flopping again..

Next week Mr Boltons new party? "

No flip flopping here I've always been a ukipper. Yes I tactically voted Conservative at the last general election, one to make sure Brexit got delivered and two, to keep Corbyn and Labour out (they've already gone soft on Brexit saying they would stay in the customs union). Can't trust Labour as far as you can throw them.

in Lancashire

Flip flopping again..

Next week Mr Boltons new party?

No flip flopping here I've always been a ukipper. Yes I tactically voted Conservative at the last general election, one to make sure Brexit got delivered and two, to keep Corbyn and Labour out (they've already gone soft on Brexit saying they would stay in the customs union). Can't trust Labour as far as you can throw them. "

You said many times on here that you were a tory as UKIP had served its purpose..

UKIP are a none entity and will soon be just a footnote in political history..

Brexit is not delivered yet and certainly won't be what you said it would at the start of the process..

Sounds like you don't like the taste of the fudge that's being prepared by May..

"

So both sides were bad, and it wouldn't have made a difference who won? You would have been happy with either?"

Could have won it in a cleaner way. Alot of it wasn't needed to win but just reflected attitudes

Cambridge

"

So both sides were bad, and it wouldn't have made a difference who won? You would have been happy with either?

Could have won it in a cleaner way. Alot of it wasn't needed to win but just reflected attitudes"

So you would have been happy if the other side had won?

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

facepalm emoji anyone????? i'm starting a petition to get us them!!!!

i'll just leave this here... i think it truely reflects the masterpiece of a post....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9TNz1-dI-Q

"

Could have won it in a cleaner way. Alot of it wasn't needed to win but just reflected attitudes

So you would have been happy if the other side had won?"

The other side wouldn't have won, and indeed the war would've been shorter.

Im talkin about the needles cruelty and insanity of decisions made

[Removed by poster at 07/03/18 17:36:56]

It brings another factor into the world equation- distrust of governments by the masses. Never has the world been exposed to this as a weapon of destabilisation in such a massive way.

The reality is- our views on which government, news agency or media output tells the truth, has been tainted and manipulated such that we, the proliteriat, have no way of knowing the truth. We may believe or hope we do...but we don't.

Distrust brings war and division.

[Removed by poster at 07/03/18 17:43:16]

"It brings another factor into the world equation- distrust of governments by the masses. Never has the world been exposed to this as a weapon of destabilisation in such a massive way.

The reality is- our views on which government, news agency or media output tells the truth, has been tainted and manipulated such that we, the proliteriat, have no way of knowing the truth. We may believe or hope we do...but we don't.

Distrust brings war and division."

The few elite drag the masses into their conflict

Newcastle and Gateshead

attempted murder by way of a nerve agent....

well i am guessing thats not something you would find on your average supermaket run.......

By *andACouple  over a year ago

glasgow

"We SHOULD be worried about what the US does, as it's power in the world wanes, a status they are not going to accept. As a country, it is entirely responsible for provoking the Cold War and the USSR'S reaction at that time or indeed, the North Korea situation.

"

You seem to be ignoring the actions of Russia from the late 30's onwards.

Cambridge

"

Im talkin about the needles cruelty and insanity of decisions made "

What are you talking about?

Cambridge

"attempted murder by way of a nerve agent....

well i am guessing thats not something you would find on your average supermaket run......."

Only a high end state run lab.

The Cold War was started by the after-effects of the US and western allies in Europe. Largely, the eastern European countries were 'claimed' by the USSR to provide a buffer zone so they might never again be invaded by the West. For every action there is a reaction.

Just before I'm shredded for taking sides, I'm not. It's just history.

Cambridge

"The Cold War was started by the after-effects of the US and western allies in Europe. Largely, the eastern European countries were 'claimed' by the USSR to provide a buffer zone so they might never again be invaded by the West. For every action there is a reaction.

Just before I'm shredded for taking sides, I'm not. It's just history."

Who can blame them for want a little "living space", right?

Sorry- that last post of mine was a reply to LandA.

I'm not condoning any state's action btw.

glasgow

"The Cold War was started by the after-effects of the US and western allies in Europe. Largely, the eastern European countries were 'claimed' by the USSR to provide a buffer zone so they might never again be invaded by the West. For every action there is a reaction.

Just before I'm shredded for taking sides, I'm not. It's just history."

Russia wasn't invaded by 'the West'. It was invaded by Germany and that doesn't excuse the 'claiming' of other countries and the brutalities it afflicted on them. It also had to try to keep the population of those countries fleeing to the West to escape their rule.

And even prior to all this before Germany invaded, Russia invaded Finland, it invaded Poland and it forcibly annexed all the Baltic states. It was hardly a benevolent power.

glasgow

"Sorry- that last post of mine was a reply to LandA.

I'm not condoning any state's action btw.

"

You did though with the following: "[USA]... is entirely responsible for provoking the Cold War and the USSR'S reaction at that time"

One man's breathing space is several millions' safety zone from invasion and losing millions of people. The irony is, the system allowed despots to murder millions of their own ...but that's not the Cold War.

That's why the Cold War started. It's not a personal opinion.

glasgow

"That's why the Cold War started. It's not a personal opinion."

Saying the USA is entirely reponsible for provoking the cold war and the actions of Russia is definitely a personal opinion.

No, it's history.

Cambridge

"No, it's history. "

History according to you

Well it seems we are looking at a state sponsored chemical assassination attempt.

I wonder how the right in the group would feel if an Islamic country used a nerve agent in Britain.They are often are quite fond of Putin and his stance on Islamic terrorism and not so concerned he's used radioactive material and now a nerve agent.

"Well it seems we are looking at a state sponsored chemical assassination attempt.

I wonder how the right in the group would feel if an Islamic country used a nerve agent in Britain.They are often are quite fond of Putin and his stance on Islamic terrorism and not so concerned he's used radioactive material and now a nerve agent."

Boris has said if the Russians were involved there would be trouble. What he didn't say was for whom.

[Removed by poster at 07/03/18 20:12:36]

"No, it's history.

History according to you "

Go educate yourself.

"

Im talkin about the needles cruelty and insanity of decisions made

What are you talking about? "

Going by your posts, you appear to condone means to an end, as if atrocities were required to win ww2., so I'm just stating that many weren't

"Well it seems we are looking at a state sponsored chemical assassination attempt.

I wonder how the right in the group would feel if an Islamic country used a nerve agent in Britain.They are often are quite fond of Putin and his stance on Islamic terrorism and not so concerned he's used radioactive material and now a nerve agent.

Boris has said if the Russians were involved there would be trouble. What he didn't say was for whom."

Oh yea! Bafoon boris has got putin terrified and hiding behind his settee in the kremlin

Cambridge

"No, it's history.

History according to you

Go educate yourself. "

I've got a GCE in Art I'll have you know.

"No, it's history.

History according to you

Go educate yourself.

I've got a GCE in Art I'll have you know."

I don't know how you've got that when you claim to be 30 odd

Cambridge

"No, it's history.

History according to you

Go educate yourself.

I've got a GCE in Art I'll have you know..

I don't know how you've got that when you claim to be 30 odd "

I got it from an only fools and horses box set

Just before I'm shredded for taking sides, I'm not. It's just history.

Russia wasn't invaded by 'the West'. It was invaded by Germany and that doesn't excuse the 'claiming' of other countries and the brutalities it afflicted on them. It also had to try to keep the population of those countries fleeing to the West to escape their rule.

And even prior to all this before Germany invaded, Russia invaded Finland, it invaded Poland and it forcibly annexed all the Baltic states. It was hardly a benevolent power."

Your aware that the French and the Germans invaded them before ww2 I guess

"No, it's history.

History according to you

Go educate yourself.

I got it from an only fools and horses box set "

That's bizarre.

I wouldn't have figured you for a sense of humour

Cambridge

"No, it's history.

History according to you

Go educate yourself.

I got it from an only fools and horses box set .

That's bizarre.

I wouldn't have figured you for a sense of humour "

Why do you think I enjoy kinky's threads so much? They are fucking hilarious!

"No, it's history.

History according to you

Go educate yourself.

I got it from an only fools and horses box set .

That's bizarre.

I wouldn't have figured you for a sense of humour

Why do you think I enjoy kinky's threads so much? They are fucking hilarious! "

One man's satire is another man's religion

Funny you criticise a persons firmly held religious beliefs and your a cunt who deserves locking up for offending them whereas you criticise a persons firmly held political beliefs and your a modern centrist fuck off know it all just pointing out facts to fuck wits who believe any old shite

Crazy days

Newcastle and Gateshead

the thing that is going to end up causing this to become an international incident isn't going to be the Spy, but the innocent daughter and the policeman

if the policeman dies.... this will end up in diplomats being expelled and/or sanctions pilled on as the UK will appeal to the EU!

Grantham

"the thing that is going to end up causing this to become an international incident isn't going to be the Spy, but the innocent daughter and the policeman

if the policeman dies.... this will end up in diplomats being expelled and/or sanctions pilled on as the UK will appeal to the EU!"

Exactly why I thought it was "too clumsy" to be a Russian intelligence job. Those guys are super professional, would have got the job done properly and not left any collateral damage behind.

The policeman is a game changer.

We should start fucking with Putin and send that new aircraft carrier the the queen Liz to the black sea once we get some planes on it.Russia is a rogue state.

glasgow

"No, it's history.

History according to you "

glasgow

"

Your aware that the French and the Germans invaded them before ww2 I guess "

Aye, that's relevent given the timescale

"the thing that is going to end up causing this to become an international incident isn't going to be the Spy, but the innocent daughter and the policeman

if the policeman dies.... this will end up in diplomats being expelled and/or sanctions pilled on as the UK will appeal to the EU!"

Agree

"

Aye, that's relevent given the timescale "

So the fact that the Germans had made two attempts in the 20th century to "wipe the Russians from the map" failed on both times but inflicted around 40 million Russians dead in the attempt and when Stalin asked the West never to let German state rise again, were promised it by the West, then completely u turned and rebuilt Germany (and let's not forget the west's influence in the Greek civil war at the end) because the West had come to the conclusion that the communists were now the real enemy, you don't think that had anything at all to do with that land grab which now completely cuts Russia off from the West, I mean Russia just happened by chance to grab a line of countries that went from the Mediterranean to the Baltic sea.

if the policeman dies.... this will end up in diplomats being expelled and/or sanctions pilled on as the UK will appeal to the EU!

Exactly why I thought it was "too clumsy" to be a Russian intelligence job. Those guys are super professional, would have got the job done properly and not left any collateral damage behind.

The policeman is a game changer. "

Not really the Russians have been under various sanctions for years, they have %11 GDP dept export more than they import and have built up a very nice trading relation with China.

The last time we sanctioned the Russians all we actually did is strengthen there banks and weaken ours as all the Russian money came flooding back home, that's why it didn't last too long

If there's a real game changer it's Deutsch bank who have rather alot of fingers in Russian investments.

And Deutsch ain't been looking to good for awhile now

"

Aye, that's relevent given the timescale .

So the fact that the Germans had made two attempts in the 20th century to "wipe the Russians from the map" failed on both times but inflicted around 40 million Russians dead in the attempt and when Stalin asked the West never to let German state rise again, were promised it by the West, then completely u turned and rebuilt Germany (and let's not forget the west's influence in the Greek civil war at the end) because the West had come to the conclusion that the communists were now the real enemy, you don't think that had anything at all to do with that land grab which now completely cuts Russia off from the West, I mean Russia just happened by chance to grab a line of countries that went from the Mediterranean to the Baltic sea.

"

At last- someone who knows their history.

So it turns out this guy wasn't just passing on state secrets but the personal details of Russian agents abroad!.

And we all have an idea what might have happened from that?.

This guy's probably got alot of personal enemies and some of them may still work for the Russian secret service.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

"

"

When we lost the war of Europe. And showed Russia that it can do whatever it wants.

Cambridge

"

At last- someone who knows their history."

Before you blamed it solely on the US, then someone else says France and Germany are to blame and you say they've got it right!

If it's proved that Russia are behind it what can we really do that's effective?

They are 1 of the permanent members of the U.N. so will veto anything against them. We can expel some. Some sanctions or cut off diplomat ties. We certainly can't threaten them with action as they are far superior to us. So what can we do?

"So it turns out this guy wasn't just passing on state secrets but the personal details of Russian agents abroad!.

And we all have an idea what might have happened from that?.

This guy's probably got alot of personal enemies and some of them may still work for the Russian secret service.

"

Whoever recruited him needs a pay rise..

Grantham

"If it's proved that Russia are behind it what can we really do that's effective?

They are 1 of the permanent members of the U.N. so will veto anything against them. We can expel some. Some sanctions or cut off diplomat ties. We certainly can't threaten them with action as they are far superior to us. So what can we do?"

Start taking their UK based money and property off them.

Putin is estimated to be worth some £200 billion, and most of that money is here in the West.

"If it's proved that Russia are behind it what can we really do that's effective?

They are 1 of the permanent members of the U.N. so will veto anything against them. We can expel some. Some sanctions or cut off diplomat ties. We certainly can't threaten them with action as they are far superior to us. So what can we do?"

We can target any assets in the UK.

salisbury

They are 1 of the permanent members of the U.N. so will veto anything against them. We can expel some. Some sanctions or cut off diplomat ties. We certainly can't threaten them with action as they are far superior to us. So what can we do?

We can target any assets in the UK. "

All the empty property in London you mean....

We can target any assets in the UK.

All the empty property in London you mean.... "

yeah we'll have that to start with.Thers billions in empty apartments in the most prestigious places..

glasgow

"

"

You really need to read up beyond the basics in terms of history. France was never ever going to invade Russia after the 2nd world war and the Russians weren't even considering that as a possibility. Wih regards to the first world war the motivations were completely different from those of the 2nd where Germany explicitly wanted to tale as much as possible for 'living space'. That wasn't the case in WW1.

The idea of never allowing the German state to rise again was ridiculous. It was the chaos caused in part by the harsh reparations imposed after WW1 that ultimately started the path to WW2. That's where the West differed from Russia, it realised a rebuilt, democratic country was less likely to pose a threat to anyone. Holding an entire nation down for decades or longer wouldn't be justified in anyway and would seem abhorrent to most.

The idea that Russia was somehow right or not to blame for the fact it brutally imposed itself on so many countries and removing their freedoms is ridiculous.

"

Before you blamed it solely on the US, then someone else says France and Germany are to blame and you say they've got it right! "

You didn't study modern history and have not read any books about the Cold War, I'm guessing.

"You really need to read up beyond the basics in terms of history. France was never ever going to invade Russia after the 2nd world war and the Russians weren't even considering that as a possibility."

I think you'd better reread the original quote. You've got it mixed up.

No one said France was going to invade, they said they HAD- that's pretty basic history.

Cambridge

"

Before you blamed it solely on the US, then someone else says France and Germany are to blame and you say they've got it right!

You didn't study modern history and have not read any books about the Cold War, I'm guessing. "

You would be wrong on that, like everything else!

Seems a bit of a theme with you.....just makes you look sad. And lazy. And rather ill-educated tbh.

Why is it so easy to blame Russia for everything these days, are people really that stupid that they believe Russia have that much power over other countries by fixing elections?

Cambridge

"Seems a bit of a theme with you.....just makes you look sad. And lazy. And rather ill-educated tbh.

"

One of us knows what an embed is, one of us doesn't, one of us knows the 5 permentant members of the UN Security Council, one or us doesn't. One of us know how to use commas, one of us doesn't...

I could go on, but people can make up their own minds.

I am sure they have already lol.

As I keep saying, please DO go educate yourself. And read posts properly before misquoting them.

Now......move on.

Cambridge

"Seems a bit of a theme with you.....just makes you look sad. And lazy. And rather ill-educated tbh.

One of us knows what an embed is, one of us doesn't, one of us knows the 5 permentant members of the UN Security Council, one or us doesn't. One of us know how to use commas, one of us doesn't...

I could go on, but people can make up their own minds. "

One of us can use the reply+quote button, one of us can't....

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

Can you drop the bickering please. Thanks

It's not so much bickering as trolling.

"

You really need to read up beyond the basics in terms of history. France was never ever going to invade Russia after the 2nd world war and the Russians weren't even considering that as a possibility. Wih regards to the first world war the motivations were completely different from those of the 2nd where Germany explicitly wanted to tale as much as possible for 'living space'. That wasn't the case in WW1.

The idea of never allowing the German state to rise again was ridiculous. It was the chaos caused in part by the harsh reparations imposed after WW1 that ultimately started the path to WW2. That's where the West differed from Russia, it realised a rebuilt, democratic country was less likely to pose a threat to anyone. Holding an entire nation down for decades or longer wouldn't be justified in anyway and would seem abhorrent to most.

The idea that Russia was somehow right or not to blame for the fact it brutally imposed itself on so many countries and removing their freedoms is ridiculous. "

Your quite clearly devoid of any history knowledge!.

Let's roll this back to Napoleon and the French Revolution which if anybody's studied history started all the shit off... It's not really about right or wrong, it's about understanding why we are where we are, it's about grasping at least why the Russians feel under threat from the West and I'm not declaring the West wrong the Russians right but for fuck sake if you can't understand why losing 50 million people defending your own country can turn you into backward looking defenders of your own little piece of turf were never going to get anywhere in this discussion.

The MIC is a real thing, it's tentacles reach deep, it's reach into the media is real, it's reach into politics is real, it's covert operations are real, it's why we've spent hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of millions of pounds on military spending that could quite easily have been spent on stuff like hospitals and infrastructure and social policies , you know why Germany and Japan did great out of losing Ww2 .. They couldn't spend on the military?.

And this really isn't a Russian thing, we know why Japan became an isolationist country in the late 19th century we know how imperialism got a foothold in Japan, it's not rocket science.

Somebody out there wants to sell you shit to kill people in various ways from poison gas to big fancy nuclear bombs to supersonic planes with laser guided shit storms and frankly people like you keep buying the same old bullshit

Indeed.

With reference to the original point, I wonder if finding the exact agent will help narrow the field of possible culprits? I'm sure there'll be a lot of work finding out exactly what the nerve agent was and you can bet there's research into which regime produces it.

"Indeed.

With reference to the original point, I wonder if finding the exact agent will help narrow the field of possible culprits? I'm sure there'll be a lot of work finding out exactly what the nerve agent was and you can bet there's research into which regime produces it. "

You can buy it in poundland - seriously though there are ways of tracing the origins - just takes a long time. Putin's regime should use simple poisons rather than exotic ones. Interesting the response of most Russians who in the main think it was correct course of action and mocking the UK.

A double agent isn't going to get much sympathy in any country they've betrayed.

I'd have thought the signature of the agent could be traced, which brings interesting but morbid questions: the source would know that and used it specifically for that reason (otherwise why not just do it 'conventionally' in private?), or after death it could not be traced and the cause would be unexplained.

Using something so unusual and so powerful in effect so publicaly, seems like a very large statement

Putin will benefit from whiping up anti west sentiment at home.His propaganda machine is spinning the media reaction here to make him even more popular before the election and simultaneously sending a powerful message for those who want democracy in Russia.Putin has been engaged in a non linear war with the west for decades.

Second 'agent' refers to the nerve agent.

Does anybody think for one minute that Tony Blair or Barack Obama personally ordered the assassination of British and American citizens? Yet we know this happens, are they aware of it, most definitely.

Governments have all sorts of ways to kill people they don't like and 9 times out of 10 you'll never even know they were bumped off like Arafat just died of cancer or Dr Kelly committed suicide.

I think you should all watch this short video because when an outgoing president who's an ex general warms you in his farewell address you really should pay attention.

https://youtu.be/8y06NSBBRtY

salisbury

Dr David Kelly?

salisbury

"Does anybody think for one minute that Tony Blair or Barack Obama personally ordered the assassination of British and American citizens? Yet we know this happens, are they aware of it, most definitely.

Governments have all sorts of ways to kill people they don't like and 9 times out of 10 you'll never even know they were bumped off like Arafat just died of cancer or Dr Kelly committed suicide.

I think you should all watch this short video because when an outgoing president who's an ex general warms you in his farewell address you really should pay attention.

https://youtu.be/8y06NSBBRtY"

Good vid. I also enjoyed following the link to Bush's "profit over peace" speech.

Cambridge

"Does anybody think for one minute that Tony Blair or Barack Obama personally ordered the assassination of British and American citizens? Yet we know this happens, are they aware of it, most definitely.

https://youtu.be/8y06NSBBRtY"

Obama ordered a drone strikes on an American citizen in Yemen.

moston

We now have a situation where Chemical Decontamination Troops have been deployed on British streets as a result of the covert use of a chemical agent (which by its very nature is an area effect weapon and therefore targets any in the area of deployment) being used by an assassin or assassins of a hostile foreign power in a public area of an English town. This follows on from the use of individually targeted radioactive poisons by an equally hostile foreign power on British soil.

Rather than discussing the fluff of 'whatabouts' people would do better considering that!

"We now have a situation where Chemical Decontamination Troops have been deployed on British streets as a result of the covert use of a chemical agent (which by its very nature is an area effect weapon and therefore targets any in the area of deployment) being used by an assassin or assassins of a hostile foreign power in a public area of an English town. This follows on from the use of individually targeted radioactive poisons by an equally hostile foreign power on British soil.

Rather than discussing the fluff of 'whatabouts' people would do better considering that!"

I would say it's a pr move by the government to re assure and to look like they're doing something.

Bit of a shite assassination attempt though, what happened to booby trap bombs or shooting with a silencer, or as putin mentioned trators would be poisoned, cyanide or a blow dart

"We now have a situation where Chemical Decontamination Troops have been deployed on British streets as a result of the covert use of a chemical agent (which by its very nature is an area effect weapon and therefore targets any in the area of deployment) being used by an assassin or assassins of a hostile foreign power in a public area of an English town. This follows on from the use of individually targeted radioactive poisons by an equally hostile foreign power on British soil.

Rather than discussing the fluff of 'whatabouts' people would do better considering that!

I would say it's a pr move by the government to re assure and to look like they're doing something.

Bit of a shite assassination attempt though, what happened to booby trap bombs or shooting with a silencer, or as putin mentioned trators would be poisoned, cyanide or a blow dart "

Precautionary test and decontamination job aside that is

moston

Precautionary my arse!

This is a MACA deployment. MACA deployments are extremely unusual and are never precautionary. When the civil authorities (usually the police or fire service) request military assistance it is because they have lost control of the situation and have no choice. Usually it happens when people have been cut off without supplies needed to survive for long enough that there is an imminent risk or loss of life (like last week when the civil authorities waited 4 days before asking the military to deliver aid to communities cut off by snow, or when fire services wait till peat fires are so entrenched that although they have called in fire service reinforcements from round the country they have still have not the ability to bring the fire under control.

Note, it has taken no time at all for a MACA deployment of chemical decontamination troops this time so the only thing that is anyway false about this is the playing down of the level of threat.

Newcastle and Gateshead

on a slight targent... i didn't realise he was part of the "anna chapman" spy swap.......

There were a large number of them at a very sensitive military area this morning, too. I wonder what else is happening?

moston

"There were a large number of them at a very sensitive military area this morning, too. I wonder what else is happening? "

I take it you alluding to the CDE Porton Down...

If so the real question is which of the Labs were the focus of these visits?

Remember all labs have a CL (Containment Level) rating between 0 and 4, I expect Porton has labs of all levels. But I know for a fact it does have at least 1 CL4 lab (been shown in a documentary about chemical weapons not so long ago), and depending on which lab was the focus activity would give an indication to exactly how serious the threat.

salisbury

I was concerned over the footage of the area of the bench being hosed down. Hosed down into the river Avon.

salisbury

"There were a large number of them at a very sensitive military area this morning, too. I wonder what else is happening?

I take it you alluding to the CDE Porton Down...

If so the real question is which of the Labs were the focus of these visits?

Remember all labs have a CL (Containment Level) rating between 0 and 4, I expect Porton has labs of all levels. But I know for a fact it does have at least 1 CL4 lab (been shown in a documentary about chemical weapons not so long ago), and depending on which lab was the focus activity would give an indication to exactly how serious the threat."

Could have been waterbourne. It is an NBCW centre after all. Makes sense to muster there.

moston

"Could have been waterbourne. It is an NBCW centre after all. Makes sense to muster there. "

All chemical agents are called nerve agents these days regardless of their real designation. But if whatever was used was a nerve agent then it will have been water soluble and would quickly be diluted to such a point it would be no threat. After all there is no secret what nerve agents are. The are weaponised organophosphates.

However for my money I would guess that whatever was used is not a nerve agent but is more than likely a ch*king agent. That fits more with what we are being told about how others associated with this man have died and why he and his daughter are in a critical condition but still alive now. It would also explain why chemical defence troops have been mobilised and the bodies of the dead are being exhumed. After all ch*king agents are persistent and would be an ongoing threat.

salisbury

Not waterbourne. Winterbourne! Blame the auto correct!

moston

Sloppy Clem, sloppy...

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

am wondering if this is a suicide ? his daughter had flown in days before and they had recently visited the grave of his son and wife for the aniversary of the sons death ? has he administered this substance to his daughter and himself and made it look like his former employers handiwork in a final two finger gesture ?

Rather than discussing the fluff of 'whatabouts' people would do better considering that!"

I personally liked the way they worded it.

There's no WIDE scale public health threat.

Wording is important

Did anyone see the documentary on Putin? Not a guy to have as an enemy!

moston

"Did anyone see the documentary on Putin? Not a guy to have as an enemy!"

Not seen it, but Vlad was a KGB interrogator who rose to the rank of colonel. Soviet KGB officers were not by nature nice people, interrogation officers were the nastiest of the bunch and to rise to the rank of colonel required a 'very special skill set'. I would not be in the least surprised if it turns out that Vlad has killed with his bare hands for 'sport'.

salisbury

"am wondering if this is a suicide ? his daughter had flown in days before and they had recently visited the grave of his son and wife for the aniversary of the sons death ? has he administered this substance to his daughter and himself and made it look like his former employers handiwork in a final two finger gesture ? "

That's a good theory.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"am wondering if this is a suicide ? his daughter had flown in days before and they had recently visited the grave of his son and wife for the aniversary of the sons death ? has he administered this substance to his daughter and himself and made it look like his former employers handiwork in a final two finger gesture ? "

are you an employee of "russia today"? they may run with that...............

21 people in hospital, I believe, so far.

"Did anyone see the documentary on Putin? Not a guy to have as an enemy!

Not seen it, but Vlad was a KGB interrogator who rose to the rank of colonel. Soviet KGB officers were not by nature nice people, interrogation officers were the nastiest of the bunch and to rise to the rank of colonel required a 'very special skill set'. I would not be in the least surprised if it turns out that Vlad has killed with his bare hands for 'sport'."

George Bush was a former head of the CIA, that department is not really known for its niceness.

I doubt George Bush would have killed anybody with his bare hands but he probably issued lots of orders for somebody else to do it?.

Anyhow I don't ever remember once reading.... President George Bush former head of the CIA!!.

It's literally wrote about Putin every time

That's because old George has a round, fatherly face but Putin has a mask- probably consistent with a) the alleged autism and b) cherry-picked photographs, although he doesn't actually look as though he smiles a lot.

salisbury

"That's because old George has a round, fatherly face but Putin has a mask- probably consistent with a) the alleged autism and b) cherry-picked photographs, although he doesn't actually look as though he smiles a lot."

He just won't, emote....

It's getting more bizarre by the day .

I laughed over breakfast when the government now suggests everyone eating in the restaurant wash their clothes..Just a little late to be giving out that advice.

salisbury

"I laughed over breakfast when the government now suggests everyone eating in the restaurant wash their clothes..Just a little late to be giving out that advice.

"

Wash your clothes... then er.... throw your washing machine away.... And don't swim in the sea for a while

"I laughed over breakfast when the government now suggests everyone eating in the restaurant wash their clothes..Just a little late to be giving out that advice.

Wash your clothes... then er.... throw your washing machine away.... And don't swim in the sea for a while "

Did the government suggest non bio or biological detergent.?

salisbury

Wash your clothes... then er.... throw your washing machine away.... And don't swim in the sea for a while

Did the government suggest non bio or biological detergent.?"

Ill have to ask the butler.

The prime minister is very close to pointing the finger of blame and it looks a dangerous game, she said the government had concluded it was "highly likely" that Russia was responsible for the attack on Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia in Salisbury on 4 March.

She said Russia's ambassador in London had been summoned to explain whether it was "a direct action by the Russian state" or the result of it "losing control" of its stock of nerve agents.

Wonder how many people are typing "Novichok" into Google right now?

By *candiumWoman  over a year ago

oban

"

Wonder how many people are typing "Novichok" into Google right now?

"

I typed in several days ago

Putin deliberately left his calling card.Lets see if our PM is up to the job with dealing with a chemical attack from a foreign state.

So just wondering how you can claim it was Russia are you involved in the investigation or something?

"Putin deliberately left his calling card.Lets see if our PM is up to the job with dealing with a chemical attack from a foreign state."

"So just wondering how you can claim it was Russia are you involved in the investigation or something? "

The PM says it's highly likely its Russia.Its a military grade Russian nerve agent ..

Did you not watch the news tonight.Either Russia has no control of its chemical weapons in storage or it released a chemical weapon on our soil.

All fingers are pointing to Putin.

He already used polonium on our soil.

salisbury

"Putin deliberately left his calling card.Lets see if our PM is up to the job with dealing with a chemical attack from a foreign state."

There's already been talk of the uk not sending any linesman to the world cup! She's off the fucking chain!

By *est Wales WifeCouple  over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

"Looks like Putin ordered another execution on our soil."

Really how do you know that?

Do you actually believe the nonsense put out as news on behalf of the establishment? All the news outlets are falling over themselves in the rush to ramp up the Russophobia

At this stage no one knows (but there could be Russian involvement just as many others could be involved.) but it serves many people's agendas to blame Russia. In particular the USA is desperately trying to ramp up anti Russian sentiment.

It is far more likly that this is a 'false flag' than having anything to do with Russia. The notion that Russia would carry out a risky operation on the eve of its presidential elections this month in order to avenge a disgraced former spy who had been living openly in England for the past eight years defies credibility. It’s absurd given the already heightened anti-Russia hysteria in the Western media that the Kremlin would even contemplate such a scheme.

salisbury

"

"Looks like Putin ordered another execution on our soil."

Really how do you know that?

Do you actually believe the nonsense put out as news on behalf of the establishment? All the news outlets are falling over themselves in the rush to ramp up the Russophobia

At this stage no one knows (but there could be Russian involvement just as many others could be involved.) but it serves many people's agendas to blame Russia. In particular the USA is desperately trying to ramp up anti Russian sentiment.

It is far more likly that this is a 'false flag' than having anything to do with Russia. The notion that Russia would carry out a risky operation on the eve of its presidential elections this month in order to avenge a disgraced former spy who had been living openly in England for the past eight years defies credibility. It’s absurd given the already heightened anti-Russia hysteria in the Western media that the Kremlin would even contemplate such a scheme."

Exactly! I mean, it's not like they've done it before have they?