FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > World Cup

World Cup

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Will England Fans get their pre paid flights and hotel funds back if Boris has England pull out?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"Will England Fans get their pre paid flights and hotel funds back if Boris has England pull out?"

The England team are still going to play in the world cup. Didn't Boris say it would be UK officials who wouldn't be travelling to Russia for the world cup?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Any England fans would be Crazy to go !

"Any England fans would be Crazy to go !"

Youre right those Russian ultras are psychopaths.

As some one who has spent a lot of time in and often visits Russia, you need to understand,the majority (99%+) off the population are amazing,they love us in England,

Another thing they love (well mainly males) is our premier league and European cup fixtures.

They watch the same things as us,listen to the same music,and holiday in the same places,

Certain things they are 20 years behind us such as exceptance of gays(but believe it or not I've met more Russian gays than british )

Race- it's hard to find anyone black.

This will change with the amount of people hooking up with turks/Egyptian's

Also if any of you go over for the world cup, try to find a Chinese restaurant that a tourist or normal Russian citizen can get into.

Intact get a picture with a Chinese worker and I'll give you £500.

One other thing they are in the past about,is also something they have learned off the English,it's also one thing they are going to excel at and be remembered for the wrong reasons,

Football hooliganism.

This as well as racism is going to overshadow the world cup,there will be no police to intervien,

They are going to prove a point to the Italian's.

They are going to make a example off the English,innocent fans or not.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

I know plenty of fans that follow England all around the world, and they are giving this a wide berth.

Not only the hooligan problem, but the sheer logistics of getting from game to game.

"Any England fans would be Crazy to go !

Youre right those Russian ultras are psychopaths."

And that's only the Lady's !

If you are going for the group games it's not to bad at all,

If you are going to follow the football around it could end up being hard work or even a nightmare,

The train from Moscow to St petersburg used to take days,the 8 hour overnight one is quite fun really,

Safety/security will be top notch regarding terrorism,I wish I could say the same for the hooligans. I hope I'm wrong but I can't see it.

One problem at the subway stations that will hopefully end before the cup starts is that it's easy to buy knifes at the kiosks,not a good idea really.

If any of you ever get they chance or ever thing of going over for a trip,do it,Moscow for the experience,St petersburg for the pure amazing Ness of the beauty and architecture.

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

Who would be stupid enough to go to watch the world cup now? In fact who would be stupid enough to visit Russia unless they had absolutely no choice?

We already know that the Russian football gangs travel all over Europe to beat up English and any other supporters they come across without any fear of the local police, what do people think they are going to do in Russia? And considering how the Russians are manipulating social media in the west how do people think they manipulate their own people? So considering Putin's constant rhetoric how much protection do you think their police and security services will give westerners?

Personally I think anyone who travels to the world cup from any western country will be a target.

"Who would be stupid enough to go to watch the world cup now? In fact who would be stupid enough to visit Russia unless they had absolutely no choice?

We already know that the Russian football gangs travel all over Europe to beat up English and any other supporters they come across without any fear of the local police, what do people think they are going to do in Russia? And considering how the Russians are manipulating social media in the west how do people think they manipulate their own people? So considering Putin's constant rhetoric how much protection do you think their police and security services will give westerners?

Personally I think anyone who travels to the world cup from any western country will be a target."

Wow,I didn't think such narrow minded people posted in this forum,

If you had said you must be stupid to go to pakistan/Iran etc you would be shot down as a racist bigot.

13 people/russians have been named by the USA as interfere regarding social media manipulation of the election,

That's right,13,half the size of a UK primary school class got Donald trump elected.

Maybe we just ban social media? Just so the stupid people are not influenced.

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

"Wow,I didn't think such narrow minded people posted in this forum,

If you had said you must be stupid to go to pakistan/Iran etc you would be shot down as a racist bigot.

13 people/russians have been named by the USA as interfere regarding social media manipulation of the election,

That's right,13,half the size of a UK primary school class got Donald trump elected.

"

Really?

Here, lets see what happens...

Anyone who is white British and travels to Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan or any of the other countries where militant Islamic extremists operate without the most pressing of reasons is stupid! By the way I know a number of British families of Pakistani extraction and up to a few years ago they were happy to return to Pakistan to visit relatives. They stopped the female members of their families travelling about 10 years ago because they considered the risk too great (even when the girls were guarded 24 hours a day and never left Islamabad), now even the boys don't travel to Pakistan, they pay for their relatives to come here for holidays instead.

Considering what happened to Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe in Iran and BoJo's handling of her case and how the Republican Guard size and imprison people in the Straits of Hormuz and use them as political barter I would say anyone regardless of colour or extraction who travels on a British passport and goes to Iran without pressing cause is equally foolish.

As for other countries where fundamentalist Islamic terrorist groups are active well I am sure even you will admit that travel to them is not a clever choice...

As for your comments about what I said about Russia only last week the Foreign Office advice to Celtic fans going to the European Cup match in Russia was not to wear Celtic shirts as it would mark them out for attack.

Now I know many will say I am being over cautious and that the risks are not that great. That is fair enough, but to equate my assessment of a risk that I can only see growing as international relations sour as somehow being racist really does beggar belief. I hope you enjoy yourself at the world cup and come back with the photos of you in all the cities England play in with your Union flag draped round your shoulders as you sit outside bars enjoying a drink with the locals...

Really?

Anyone who is white British and travels to Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan or any of the other countries where militant Islamic extremists operate without the most pressing of reasons is stupid! By the way I know a number of British families of Pakistani extraction and up to a few years ago they were happy to return to Pakistan to visit relatives. They stopped the female members of their families travelling about 10 years ago because they considered the risk too great (even when the girls were guarded 24 hours a day and never left Islamabad), now even the boys don't travel to Pakistan, they pay for their relatives to come here for holidays instead.

Considering what happened to Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe in Iran and BoJo's handling of her case and how the Republican Guard size and imprison people in the Straits of Hormuz and use them as political barter I would say anyone regardless of colour or extraction who travels on a British passport and goes to Iran without pressing cause is equally foolish.

As for other countries where fundamentalist Islamic terrorist groups are active well I am sure even you will admit that travel to them is not a clever choice...

As for your comments about what I said about Russia only last week the Foreign Office advice to Celtic fans going to the European Cup match in Russia was not to wear Celtic shirts as it would mark them out for attack.

Now I know many will say I am being over cautious and that the risks are not that great. That is fair enough, but to equate my assessment of a risk that I can only see growing as international relations sour as somehow being racist really does beggar belief. I hope you enjoy yourself at the world cup and come back with the photos of you in all the cities England play in with your Union flag draped round your shoulders as you sit outside bars enjoying a drink with the locals... "

As 2016 euro's showed the Russians take no prisoners - they beat the shit out of the English good and proper. It's rare for English fans to be overcome but anyone going to Russia next year should think twice! How will the Russian police protect our fans is a big unknown.

Really?

Now I know many will say I am being over cautious and that the risks are not that great. That is fair enough, but to equate my assessment of a risk that I can only see growing as international relations sour as somehow being racist really does beggar belief. I hope you enjoy yourself at the world cup and come back with the photos of you in all the cities England play in with your Union flag draped round your shoulders as you sit outside bars enjoying a drink with the locals...

As 2016 euro's showed the Russians take no prisoners - they beat the shit out of the English good and proper. It's rare for English fans to be overcome but anyone going to Russia next year should think twice! How will the Russian police protect our fans is a big unknown."

I doubt they will even try to !

» Add a new message to this topic