FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > How best to deal with Russia

How best to deal with Russia

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

How should we react to the Russians use of chemical weapons here.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You tell us as it hasn't been proven yet that it was

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

"You tell us as it hasn't been proven yet that it was "

The PM seems to think that it has.

Hit them in the pocket.

Putin and his cronies are worth billions.

If I remember rightly we had a pm telling us about WMD'S in Iraq

By *andACouple  over a year ago

glasgow

"If I remember rightly we had a pm telling us about WMD'S in Iraq "

If I remember rightly you bolted from another thread after making false claims

What did I bottle it from?

By *igsteve43Man  over a year ago

derby

Well we could do nothing likecorbyn would

"How should we react to the Russians use of chemical weapons here."

ideally be able to prove without doubt that Russia was directly involved would be a good start

Her announcement this afternoon was an embarrassment, as was the way our politicians debated in public for the World to see

Looks like Corbyn dug a nice deep hole for himself

. and I bet all sides wish they never cut the defence budget looking back all these years

The UK's defence credibility is plummeting day by day

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

Be wary of politicians presenting as judge and jury.

What May said is that the poison came from Russia.

That’s plausible. Beyond that?

I read that this person gave away the names of 300 agents.

That’s a lot of potential suspects.

Will the intelligence agencies share that info with PC Plod?

Are the police in charge here?

I guess there must be a working protocol.

This promises to be an interesting insight into the UK’s influence in Europe and beyond. How many other countries will wish to politicise a crime committed in the UK?

Cambridge

"How should we react to the Russians use of chemical weapons here.

ideally be able to prove without doubt that Russia was directly involved would be a good start

Her announcement this afternoon was an embarrassment, as was the way our politicians debated in public for the World to see

Looks like Corbyn dug a nice deep hole for himself

. and I bet all sides wish they never cut the defence budget looking back all these years

The UK's defence credibility is plummeting day by day"

I wonder if some people are wishing they didn't vote open a huge black hole in the defence budget? Or to undermine our intelligence capability and ability to share information?

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

"You tell us as it hasn't been proven yet that it was "

May said in Parliament today "“Russia’s record of conducting state sponsored assassinations and our assessment that Russia views some defectors as legitimate targets for assassination, the government has concluded that it is highly likely that Russia was responsible for the act against Sergei and Yulia Skripal.”

The Prime Minister said the poison belonged to a group of nerve agents known as “novichok”, adding: “Either this was a direct act by the Russian state against our country. Or the Russian government lost control of this potentially catastrophically damaging nerve agent and allowed to get it into the hands of others.”

brecon

"If I remember rightly we had a pm telling us about WMD'S in Iraq "

Iraq did have chemical weapons, they used them during the war with Iran, and also at least twice after the first Gulf War against their own people.

So highly likely means guilty now lol

Yes they did but I think you'll find they got rid of them a long time before we invaded them with the Americans and over throw Sadam or did you miss the fact that they lied to the public about the invasion of Iraq

brecon

"So highly likely means guilty now lol"

"...poison belonged to a group of nerve agents known as “novichok”, ..."

These are a new, very advanced, type of nerve agent that uses two chemicals, both of which are completely harmless on their own, but lethal when combined. This particular type were developed by Russia.

Nerve agents are not easy to produce, or store, and cant be knocked up in a shed, and this new type are even harder to make.

The govt would be very cautious about pointing the finger without hard evidence.

brecon

"Yes they did but I think you'll find they got rid of them a long time before we invaded them with the Americans and over throw Sadam or did you miss the fact that they lied to the public about the invasion of Iraq "

Theres a good chance that they just sealed the chemicals in drums, drove them out into the desert and buried them... all they wanted was for the International community to come in, find nothing, and make the USA and UK look like proper plums.

"So highly likely means guilty now lol

These are a new, very advanced, type of nerve agent that uses two chemicals, both of which are completely harmless on their own, but lethal when combined. This particular type were developed by Russia.

Nerve agents are not easy to produce, or store, and cant be knocked up in a shed, and this new type are even harder to make.

The govt would be very cautious about pointing the finger without hard evidence."

Correct the government knows the full consequences of calling Russia out as the culprit.Whats more surprising is that some here believe Russia and Putin over our prime minister and our secret service.They are basically saying the PM is is a liar.Dangerous times and it smacks of tinfoil conspiracy fuckwittery.

The first man to interrogate Saddam Hussein after his capture by US forces in 2003 has said it quickly became clear he had not developed weapons of mass destruction.

Former CIA analyst John Nixon was tasked with questioning the Iraqi dictator after he was found hiding in a cave in December 2003.

He said “all the White House wanted to know” was if there was any evidence that Hussein was developing weapons of mass destruction.

Our government lies to us if you find that hard to believe then there is no point discussing this anymore

They never called them out only said highly likely that's not the same thing

"Yes they did but I think you'll find they got rid of them a long time before we invaded them with the Americans and over throw Sadam or did you miss the fact that they lied to the public about the invasion of Iraq

Theres a good chance that they just sealed the chemicals in drums, drove them out into the desert and buried them... all they wanted was for the International community to come in, find nothing, and make the USA and UK look like proper plums."

The largest chemical attack against any civilian population ever recorded was against the Kurds in 1988 and this was done by Saddam and the Iraqi military.Its well documented that thousands died in Halabja .

Am not disputing the fact Iraq used them before just that they still had them

I think the Russian government are doing us a favour by continually denying their involvement: had they not, they would have forced the UK into action, action which we neither have the appepitite for, nor the funding - especially whilst we, the EU, are fighting amongst ourselves.

So long as we don’t know for sure that it was the Russian government, we look incompetent. If we say we know it was them, not only are we incompetent, but also weak due to our inaction.

I don’t envy Theresa May’s position.

Cambridge

Are you waiting for a signed confession from Putin?

Lol

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

It's a nerve agent specific to Russia. The Foreign Office have summoned the Russian Ambassador and asked him to respond by tomorrow night, just how that nerve agent ended up in Salisbury.

He will probably come back with some story that some was stolen by Russian gangsters blah blah blah. It's how the game is played.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

The truth is short of all out war which we would lose. What can you do?

Freeze some assets? Chuck a few diplomats out in a move that would simply go Tit for tat.

Boycott the World Cup attempt to shame them in front of the world?

The fact is they simply don’t give a fuck.

They have been using Nerve gas in this way for years several prominent Chechen warlords were offed in this way.

Short of a Cold War that’s possibly already started how you gonna make a dent?

I'm sick of spending bleeding billions on nukes we never fucking use!.

I say nuke the fuckers and while we're at it let's do Brussels as well

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

"The truth is short of all out war which we would lose. What can you do?

Freeze some assets? Chuck a few diplomats out in a move that would simply go Tit for tat.

Boycott the World Cup attempt to shame them in front of the world?

The fact is they simply don’t give a fuck.

They have been using Nerve gas in this way for years several prominent Chechen warlords were offed in this way.

Short of a Cold War that’s possibly already started how you gonna make a dent?

"

Reasonable summary.

It is also, of course, impossible to prove that the FSB did this. That's why organisations like this exist. The message has been sent very clearly that they can get you anywhere.

Sanctions are already fully deployed except that we love Russian money so much that we really don't want to turn of the taps to property sales and financial investment. Of course, leaving the EU with all of the opportunities that provides we'll be free to tell them to stuff their money because...

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

the first thing they made do is what the french did after they tried to tamper in their election and revoke the license of RT to broadcast.....

they could go to the EU and ask for travel bans and the freezing of financial assets of top level russians.

other than that you are only going to see top level explusions....

Man up you bunch of soft bastards.

Your like a bunch of cucks sucking on Putin's cock

Newcastle and Gateshead

the first good sign is that the british and the french are meeting on this issue as they have both had the same issue.....

it is starts being a joint response then thats where it gets interesting...

also..... for those people who think trump wants a special relationship with the uk, his administration has refused to criticise russia in the whitehouse press briefing today.....

also if i was one of the 10 russians who was part of the "anna chapman" swop of which he was part of.... i think i would be sleeping very uneasy tonight......

If this was an English agent that had been giving away state secrets and living in Russia, then I suspect we'd all say he got what he deserved, so do nothing just nothing, Putin doesn't give a fuck because if he did it wouldn't of happened in the first place

brecon

"The first man to interrogate Saddam Hussein after his capture by US forces in 2003 has said it quickly became clear he had not developed weapons of mass destruction.

Former CIA analyst John Nixon was tasked with questioning the Iraqi dictator after he was found hiding in a cave in December 2003.

He said “all the White House wanted to know” was if there was any evidence that Hussein was developing weapons of mass destruction."

Yuh, this being the same Saddam Hussein who used them against the Iranian Army?

"I'm sick of spending bleeding billions on nukes we never fucking use!.

I say nuke the fuckers and while we're at it let's do Brussels as well "

Thank God your not in charge!

"the first thing they made do is what the french did after they tried to tamper in their election and revoke the license of RT to broadcast.....

they could go to the EU and ask for travel bans and the freezing of financial assets of top level russians.

other than that you are only going to see top level explusions...."

Gas gas gas! This is what happens when you rely on foreign energy. The whole of Europe is using Russian gas!

"I'm sick of spending bleeding billions on nukes we never fucking use!.

I say nuke the fuckers and while we're at it let's do Brussels as well

Thank God your not in charge!"

Obviously I'm not talking about loads of them, just a small tactical one, maybe one of those unheard of towns in the south, there's fuck all there anyhow

"the first thing they made do is what the french did after they tried to tamper in their election and revoke the license of RT to broadcast.....

other than that you are only going to see top level explusions....

Gas gas gas! This is what happens when you rely on foreign energy. The whole of Europe is using Russian gas! "

Yea, thank goodness for that pipeline from Qatar (thatnsor of mass Islamic terrorism) to the Mediterranean (via Syria) what do you mean Syria aren't keen, we'll see about that.

Yea good old pure Arabian gas that should keep us safe in our beds without feeling the need to destabilise an already unstable bunch of religious nut jobs

The govt would be very cautious about pointing the finger without hard evidence.

Correct the government knows the full consequences of calling Russia out as the culprit.Whats more surprising is that some here believe Russia and Putin over our prime minister and our secret service.They are basically saying the PM is is a liar.Dangerous times and it smacks of tinfoil conspiracy fuckwittery."

its not too long ago many on this forum were calling all politicians / MP's ? MSP's Liars, branding all together saying none can tell the truth.

one small event and some are now worshiping the feet of May (our beloved PM).

Still no direct evidence

If this if what one or two persons can do without being caught, imagine a regiment of these people.

We as in Britain are stepping into a very nasty situation with still no idea or proof of who was behind this act.

our government is being led on by media organisations trying to cash in and make a buck whether the news is factual or not.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"someone" has been watching RT again......

Evidence?

Proof?

if we have it, then fine let the government start their sanctions, and then all else that goes with these sanctions including Russian retaliation, but if no proof, then its gonna be one nasty situation.

perhaps a day to stay home and get the Lee Precision Classic Turret Press out

""someone" has been watching RT again...... "

Russians have done an amazing job and nobody can deny it!

Meddling in elections, state funded tv, websites etc are far superior than west. Once they get you hooked and channel you down a road they have won the heart & mind.

In the old days it was just good old fashioned propaganda now it's a sophisticated machine. Putin has done well the rest of the world are fire fighting and haven't got a solution? France at least stopped the RT license.

The Silence from the Yanks on this is a warning !

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Apparently we have the total support of the EU.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

"How should we react to the Russians use of chemical weapons here."

Take back empty property owned by Russians. Freeze the assets of people like Abramovich.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Whatever happens it will have a much more global impact if we invite Russian and other experts to verify the chemical used was of Russian origin..

That in itself is not proof beyond a reasonable doubt but may go some way to quelling the line coming out of the kremlin on this..

He said she said never really works..

salisbury

What did we do after the radioactive tea? Or the brolly?

in Lancashire

"What did we do after the radioactive tea? Or the brolly? "

its a fair point, maybe the response to those could have been handled differently in building support but then again it's not like we have never played dirty tricks ourselves..

"Whatever happens it will have a much more global impact if we invite Russian and other experts to verify the chemical used was of Russian origin..

That in itself is not proof beyond a reasonable doubt but may go some way to quelling the line coming out of the kremlin on this..

He said she said never really works.. "

Russia has requested access to samples of the nerve agent used in the attack and they are entitled to request this, same as we are duty bound to provide a sample.

in Lancashire

"Whatever happens it will have a much more global impact if we invite Russian and other experts to verify the chemical used was of Russian origin..

Russia has requested access to samples of the nerve agent used in the attack and they are entitled to request this, same as we are duty bound to provide a sample."

They like any other nation similarly named were bound to do so..

Whether they will accept the veracity of the material is another issue..

Just to put the boot on the other foot, if a British traitor was killed in Russia in exactly the same way, would it be just as bad?

in Lancashire

"Just to put the boot on the other foot, if a British traitor was killed in Russia in exactly the same way, would it be just as bad? "

Probably not except for the method used this time on the back of the Litvinenko murder, would think bumping off each other's agents/double agents is par for the course ..

Newcastle and Gateshead

Russia has requested access to samples of the nerve agent used in the attack and they are entitled to request this, same as we are duty bound to provide a sample."

funny enough they went down the same route when mh17 was shot down by the russian... and then they went on the obstruct the investigation at every turn

"Just to put the boot on the other foot, if a British traitor was killed in Russia in exactly the same way, would it be just as bad?

Probably not except for the method used this time on the back of the Litvinenko murder, would think bumping off each other's agents/double agents is par for the course .."

guess no ones considered a double "attempted suicide" Sergei Skripal, 66, and his daughter Yulia, 33 have thought "fuck this" we've had enough of this World, lets leave it together and kick up some havoc at same time

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

"Just to put the boot on the other foot, if a British traitor was killed in Russia in exactly the same way, would it be just as bad? "

You mean like the way we assassinated Kim Philby, guy Burgess, Donald MacLean and their families and intensified the cold war. Oh yes that's right we did not although the USSR did execute all the agents they betrayed.

I think you need to remember that Vlad was a KGB Interrogation Officer who rose to the rank of Colonel and almost certainly has tortured people to death and most certainly has overseen many executions (there is a reason his eyes look so dead) he is a coldblooded calculated killer.

in Lancashire

"Just to put the boot on the other foot, if a British traitor was killed in Russia in exactly the same way, would it be just as bad?

Probably not except for the method used this time on the back of the Litvinenko murder, would think bumping off each other's agents/double agents is par for the course ..

guess no ones considered a double "attempted suicide" Sergei Skripal, 66, and his daughter Yulia, 33 have thought "fuck this" we've had enough of this World, lets leave it together and kick up some havoc at same time"

maybe had they used another method successfully as other's do sadly however the issue of the military grade nerve agent sort of possibly throws a big fuck off spanner through that idea..

West London

There is no irrefutable evidence that an intelligence agency conducted an assassination?

Unbelievable. Such incompetence from our government. How could we trust them with Brexit if they can get this so wrong?

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"There is no irrefutable evidence that an intelligence agency conducted an assassination?

Unbelievable. Such incompetence from our government. How could we trust them with Brexit if they can get this so wrong? "

There are weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

Tell us have any been found in Iraq yet?

How could we ever trust anything Blair ever said again (on Brexit) after he got that so wrong?

in Lancashire

"There is no irrefutable evidence that an intelligence agency conducted an assassination?

Unbelievable. Such incompetence from our government. How could we trust them with Brexit if they can get this so wrong?

How could we ever trust anything Blair ever said again (on Brexit) after he got that so wrong? "

Your right on the lack of WMD as was claimed but Blair is not involved in the brexit shambles..

keep up..

West London

How could we ever trust anything Blair ever said again (on Brexit) after he got that so wrong? "

Interesting, but irrelevant.

Sounds like a deliberate distraction

Is it most likely that the Russian state attempted to murder a British citizen and his daughter on British soil and almost killed a British police officer.

Probably alright because it was shirt off Putin. That's what "strong" leaders do. Right?

I'm still for a tactical nuke but you cucks need to man up.

I mean cmon ... What's the worse that could happen

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

There is little we can do in reality,they are only harming there own people,we are not angels,we kill people in the middle east with drones,not much different really

Nail em up I say

Cannock

How could we ever trust anything Blair ever said again (on Brexit) after he got that so wrong?

Your right on the lack of WMD as was claimed but Blair is not involved in the brexit shambles..

keep up.. "

Tell Blair he's not involved then as he seems to have missed the memo and keeps attempting to get involved.

Laser guided drone strike.... If it's good enough for Muslims it's good enough for Russians

in Lancashire

keep up..

Tell Blair he's not involved then as he seems to have missed the memo and keeps attempting to get involved. "

he wont answer my calls..

Cannock

Is it most likely that the Russian state attempted to murder a British citizen and his daughter on British soil and almost killed a British police officer.

Probably alright because it was shirt off Putin. That's what "strong" leaders do. Right?"

'Most likely' it was the Russians as in the same way it was 'most likely' there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq? You swallow anything the establishment and the mainstream media spoon feed you, even though you've been fooled and had the wool pulled over your eyes in the past.

Just when we should be rounding up Russians and machine gunning them we break out into a political argument.... Yea that should teach them ruskies

West London

Probably alright because it was shirt off Putin. That's what "strong" leaders do. Right?

'Most likely' it was the Russians as in the same way it was 'most likely' there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq? You swallow anything the establishment and the mainstream media spoon feed you, even though you've been fooled and had the wool pulled over your eyes in the past. "

So all the positive news that the government gives about Brexit is to be believed.

No negative government opinion on Russian state actions is true though.

What a conundrum. What to believe and what not to believe

By *verysmileMan  over a year ago

CANTERBURY

I think that if Putin wanted to have someone assassinated, then using nerve agents would not be as effective as continually cold calling the victim with "PPI mis-sold" calls to the point of causing a loss of the will to live.

moston

Come midnight recall our ambassador and all Russian diplomatic staff, severing all diplomatic ties. Expel all Russians that do not have political refugee status and size on behalf of the Crown all property held in the UK or by UK institutions owned by the Russian State or any Russian citizen that is not protected by a grant of political asylum by ourselves or one of our allies.

West London

"Come midnight recall our ambassador and all Russian diplomatic staff, severing all diplomatic ties. Expel all Russians that do not have political refugee status and size on behalf of the Crown all property held in the UK or by UK institutions owned by the Russian State or any Russian citizen that is not protected by a grant of political asylum by ourselves or one of our allies. "

Then starts the process of British businesses and citizens being victimized.

BP holds a 49% stake in Rosneft.

By *inkywife1981Couple  over a year ago

A town near you

Why didn't the Russians just blow up the house the victims lived in and make it look like faulty wiring or gas leak, why not pay some gangsters to make it look like a mugging gone wrong, or tamper with the brakes on the car, why use a method as they did that would likely be traced back to them, because they dont give a flying f**k who knows or what the consequences would be it seems.

West London

"Why didn't the Russians just blow up the house the victims lived in and make it look like faulty wiring or gas leak, why not pay some gangsters to make it look like a mugging gone wrong, or tamper with the brakes on the car, why use a method as they did that would likely be traced back to them, because they dont give a flying f**k who knows or what the consequences would be it seems. "

They want everyone to know that they did it but not be able to prove it.

They really don't give a flying f***.

It's how they conduct warfare.

moston

"Then starts the process of British businesses and citizens being victimized.

BP holds a 49% stake in Rosneft.

"

As far as BP is concerned that is not a problem (see the link I posted earlier today) as the only thing British in BP is the name. But look on the bright side, Donny will get to find out exactly how easy trade wars are because the majority of 'British' business that trade with Russia is by businesses owned by US corporations.

Nothing at all will happen because the UK is not what it was, were now a nation of cock sucking pacifists with a penchant for not offending anybody at all ever!.

The Russians are pissing there pants laughing at what a bunch of arse wipe soft cunts we are

moston

Sometimes the globalisation of business by US corporations can have unexpected positive spin-offs.

That's multiculturalism for yer

Honestly I've never heard so much nonsense talked on here for ages, it's public it's how they roll, it's how Putin does it, it's Russian poison.

What a load of crap.

Here's a fucking thought, why don't we actually prove it was the Russians, let's investigate the CCTV,the eye witnesses, the guys background and a fucking motive.

You know... Like other crimes.

And oooo I don't know, take it through a court.

Coz the same people who bang on and fucking on about independent judiciarys seem to be pretty bloody keen to forgo them in pinning any old shit on Russia??.

Let's see what have we got, a chemical agent developed in Russia 30 years ago (big fucking deal) an ex spy who's been administered it... That's it and somehow WERE demanding that Russia prove its innocence by midnight or else.

Bejesus if this was a Hollywood movie I'd have walked out already

West London

"Honestly I've never heard so much nonsense talked on here for ages, it's public it's how they roll, it's how Putin does it, it's Russian poison.

What a load of crap.

Here's a fucking thought, why don't we actually prove it was the Russians, let's investigate the CCTV,the eye witnesses, the guys background and a fucking motive.

Coz the same people who bang on and fucking on about independent judiciarys seem to be pretty bloody keen to forgo them in pinning any old shit on Russia??.

Let's see what have we got, a chemical agent developed in Russia 30 years ago (big fucking deal) an ex spy who's been administered it... That's it and somehow WERE demanding that Russia prove its innocence by midnight or else.

Bejesus if this was a Hollywood movie I'd have walked out already"

What's your actual point?

Man the fuck up and go to war with them. Send your army, planes and warships.

Oh wait, can you guys defend yourselves without us?

moston

I have just been listening/watching this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ir2iVR6LcoE

According to CNN Russian State media is boasting that after Rex Tillerson said Russia was obviously involved in the chemical attack in Salisbury Putin rang Trump and now Tillerson is fired. What a show of absolute contempt for us and the US. Russia is openly saying they can and will do whatever they like wherever they like and nobody can stop them because they control the White House and we are incapable of protecting ourselves.

I seem to remember learning that one Adolf Hitler and the German State had a similar attitude in the 1930's and that during the 1930's the Tory government of the UK also followed an austerity policy and cut our armed forces to the bone. One big difference is there is no wealthy and philanthropic private citizen stepping up to fund the building of a modern Spitfire...

salisbury

"Man the fuck up and go to war with them. Send your army, planes and warships.

Oh wait, can you guys defend yourselves without us?"

No, we're not allowed.

"Honestly I've never heard so much nonsense talked on here for ages, it's public it's how they roll, it's how Putin does it, it's Russian poison.

What a load of crap.

Bejesus if this was a Hollywood movie I'd have walked out already

What's your actual point?"

Your jumping to conclusions.

It looks like them for sure, but saying this is how they do it and there not bothered is not actually a motive.. Same as a poison they invented 30 years ago doesn't actually mean it was there's

guess no ones considered a double "attempted suicide" Sergei Skripal, 66, and his daughter Yulia, 33 have thought "fuck this" we've had enough of this World, lets leave it together and kick up some havoc at same time

maybe had they used another method successfully as other's do sadly however the issue of the military grade nerve agent sort of possibly throws a big fuck off spanner through that idea.. "

are you saying he would not have contacts to get this, that is indeed if it ever existed in the first place !

seems the UK government is not playing by the rules, refusing to share access to the chemical substance used in the attack.

if indeed they have this substance

Cambridge

Looks like the regular putin fanboy are trying to pretend that this hasn't even happened. They live in a post truth world.

"Looks like the regular putin fanboy are trying to pretend that this hasn't even happened. They live in a post truth world. "

not at all

Just looking for proof, unless of course you believe every word of your MP's

Do you believe all that your wonderful Mrs May tells you?

Next she will be saying perhaps its better for us to stay in EU, safer

perhaps this is the planned lead up

"I have just been listening/watching this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ir2iVR6LcoE

According to CNN Russian State media is boasting that after Rex Tillerson said Russia was obviously involved in the chemical attack in Salisbury Putin rang Trump and now Tillerson is fired. What a show of absolute contempt for us and the US. Russia is openly saying they can and will do whatever they like wherever they like and nobody can stop them because they control the White House and we are incapable of protecting ourselves.

I seem to remember learning that one Adolf Hitler and the German State had a similar attitude in the 1930's and that during the 1930's the Tory government of the UK also followed an austerity policy and cut our armed forces to the bone. One big difference is there is no wealthy and philanthropic private citizen stepping up to fund the building of a modern Spitfire..."

Do you believe everything Russian State Media says?

in Lancashire

maybe had they used another method successfully as other's do sadly however the issue of the military grade nerve agent sort of possibly throws a big fuck off spanner through that idea..

are you saying he would not have contacts to get this, that is indeed if it ever existed in the first place !

seems the UK government is not playing by the rules, refusing to share access to the chemical substance used in the attack.

if indeed they have this substance"

Who knows what his contacts were, I would imagine he of all people might have known of its existence had he gone down your less than sensible idea to kill his daughter and commit suicide to discredit putin..

What possible positives do you think the government may have listed in making up the substance as the cause?

Who knows what his contacts were, I would imagine he of all people might have known of its existence had he gone down your less than sensible idea to kill his daughter and commit suicide to discredit putin..

What possible positives do you think the government may have listed in making up the substance as the cause?

"

hey, im open to all facts, but they need to be facts

Russia is not playing ball, but neither are "we" the UK, not only have we not shared this substance information with Russia, but any other country.

If this is a genuine assassination, then we should be looking to employ the assassin, he/she has sure stirred up a full hornets nest of shit, and quietly walked away for a cuppa whilst we have all forces running around like headless chickens once the incident has passed by

in Lancashire

Russia is not playing ball, but neither are "we" the UK, not only have we not shared this substance information with Russia, but any other country.

If this is a genuine assassination, then we should be looking to employ the assassin, he/she has sure stirred up a full hornets nest of shit, and quietly walked away for a cuppa whilst we have all forces running around like headless chickens once the incident has passed by "

Putin wins on every count with this, he shows that Russia will kill its traitors where ever they are and if we now impose more sanctions etc he is the strong leader that an already hated by many country needs..

and just before a so called democratic election..

If this is a genuine assassination, then we should be looking to employ the assassin, he/she has sure stirred up a full hornets nest of shit, and quietly walked away for a cuppa whilst we have all forces running around like headless chickens once the incident has passed by

Putin wins on every count with this, he shows that Russia will kill its traitors where ever they are and if we now impose more sanctions etc he is the strong leader that an already hated by many country needs..

"

Yep, have to agree. I reckon it was a bit daft to give russia adaft deadline till midnight.

Made me think of 'high noon', may at one end of the street and putin at the other, 6 shooters hung low... Pathetic!

Yep, have to agree. I reckon it was a bit daft to give russia adaft deadline till midnight.

Made me think of 'high noon', may at one end of the street and putin at the other, 6 shooters hung low... Pathetic! "

our government was pushed into this by our lovely friendly media

in Lancashire

Made me think of 'high noon', may at one end of the street and putin at the other, 6 shooters hung low... Pathetic! "

The deadline was daft and probably more to do with her own weak position than anything sensible..

Had she said we welcome a small number of scientists both independent and Russian to verify it is what we say then go from there I think that would allow more time to build a case and puts the onus on them to participate being Co signatories to the international agreements on such weapons..

Which country invented the vx nerve agent

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

Had she said we welcome a small number of scientists both independent and Russian to verify it is what we say then go from there I think that would allow more time to build a case and puts the onus on them to participate being Co signatories to the international agreements on such weapons.. "

again... tried that with MH17... and then in the final independent report the dutch air accident team accused the russians of trying to obstruct the investigation at every point.....

the russians don't play fair with anything that makes them look bad....

you can try to hit them diplomatically.... or you can try and hit them in the pocket.... you turn the screw on putins rich friends and that is where you put the pressure on...

in Lancashire

"Which country invented the vx nerve agent "

And the steam train too?

"Which country invented the vx nerve agent "

Who invented the car? Are tbey responsible for all car accidents?

Not defending russia, just saying the facts have to be found before accusations start. The nerve agent formula was leaked 20ish years ago.

"Which country invented the vx nerve agent

Who invented the car? Are tbey responsible for all car accidents?

Not defending russia, just saying the facts have to be found before accusations start. The nerve agent formula was leaked 20ish years ago. "

It's my understanding that this particular type of compound was actually invented as a pesticide, it just happened to be an incredibly dangerous one with other uses.

Newcastle and Gateshead

may going in hard....

23 diplomats... uk version of the magnisky act.... potential freezing of russian assets... no higher level communications/visits (prince william will be gutted not to go to russia for the world cup)

plus they have asked for a session at the un security council, i wonder if the uk will envoke article 4 and ask for a full nato meeting?

Newcastle and Gateshead

and i bet ofcom will now us this as the "unfit license holder" excuse to get rid of RT....

corbyn's response is dropping the ball again... i don't think he is being tough anough.....

"and i bet ofcom will now us this as the "unfit license holder" excuse to get rid of RT....

corbyn's response is dropping the ball again... i don't think he is being tough anough....."

Maybe he's waiting till we actually get some evidence and not just compound that was invented by the Russians 30 years ago but could be made anywhere in the world with the right expertise ie a decent chemist

brecon

"Man the fuck up and go to war with them. Send your army, planes and warships.

Oh wait, can you guys defend yourselves without us?"

We do pretty well, how did you guys do in the Bay of Pigs, Korea and Vietnam conflicts?

Although having said that... Let's jump the gun and fire off some nukes yeeehaw

Newcastle and Gateshead

"and i bet ofcom will now us this as the "unfit license holder" excuse to get rid of RT....

corbyn's response is dropping the ball again... i don't think he is being tough anough......

Maybe he's waiting till we actually get some evidence and not just compound that was invented by the Russians 30 years ago but could be made anywhere in the world with the right expertise ie a decent chemist"

nobody has ever made these particular nerve agents other than the russians.... and are actually on the banned chemical weapons list

unless you think otherwise....

salisbury

Bang out of order! Just because they killed that guy with the umbrella, and all those school kids in Chechnya, and that guy with the radioactive tea, and the airliner full of Koreans..... people think they did this to!? Terrible.

By *ustJ0dieTV/TS  over a year ago

Burton-on-Trent

In a few weeks/months time this could happen: "because of this and continued escalation by Russia, it would be imprudent for us to leave our closest military allies at this time".

And Porton Down is not far from Salisbury. I wonder what they do there???

Just throwing that out there. I don't believe a word of it tho.

West London

Made me think of 'high noon', may at one end of the street and putin at the other, 6 shooters hung low... Pathetic!

our government was pushed into this by our lovely friendly media"

Oh crap.

I agree with you

By *igsteve43Man  over a year ago

derby

One thing proved today , corbyns not fit to lead his own party let alone the country

corbyn's response is dropping the ball again... i don't think he is being tough anough......

Maybe he's waiting till we actually get some evidence and not just compound that was invented by the Russians 30 years ago but could be made anywhere in the world with the right expertise ie a decent chemist

nobody has ever made these particular nerve agents other than the russians.... and are actually on the banned chemical weapons list

unless you think otherwise.... "

The ingredients are easily come by, all you need is a good chemist and some specialist equipment.

" Bang out of order! Just because they killed that guy with the umbrella, and all those school kids in Chechnya, and that guy with the radioactive tea, and the airliner full of Koreans..... people think they did this to!? Terrible. "

Again this is evidence that would be completely inadmissible in a court of law.

And on a side note they were never found guilty of the Alexander litvineko case the polonium 210 which was claimed to be only made in Russia was proven false at the enquiry a year later.

The airline was shot down by Russian missiles but not by Russian orders

brecon

So, 23 "diplomats" expelled, and no members of the Royal Family or British Govt to attend the World Cup matches in Russia in 3 months time.

Should we go further, and boycott the football completely?

What other actions would you suggest?

By *ustJ0dieTV/TS  over a year ago

Burton-on-Trent

"So, 23 "diplomats" expelled, and no members of the Royal Family or British Govt to attend the World Cup matches in Russia in 3 months time.

What other actions would you suggest?"

As a country, bending over and lubing our asses up.

salisbury

"So, 23 "diplomats" expelled, and no members of the Royal Family or British Govt to attend the World Cup matches in Russia in 3 months time.

What other actions would you suggest?"

Freeze the oligarch's wealth.

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

" Bang out of order! Just because they killed that guy with the umbrella, and all those school kids in Chechnya, and that guy with the radioactive tea, and the airliner full of Koreans..... people think they did this to!? Terrible. .

And on a side note they were never found guilty of the Alexander litvineko case the polonium 210 which was claimed to be only made in Russia was proven false at the enquiry a year later.

The airline was shot down by Russian missiles but not by Russian orders"

& it wasn’t Russian troops who invaded Crimea, it was little green men...

corbyn's response is dropping the ball again... i don't think he is being tough anough....."

Apparently, RT have a really good record with ofcom, unlike some western news outlets, so would have to be a good excuse

Bristol East

" Bang out of order! Just because they killed that guy with the umbrella, and all those school kids in Chechnya, and that guy with the radioactive tea, and the airliner full of Koreans..... people think they did this to!? Terrible. .

& it wasn’t Russian troops who invaded Crimea, it was little green men... "

Where is your evidence Russian troops invaded Crimea?

What other actions would you suggest?

As a country, bending over and lubing our asses up. "

What amused me was may mentioning "corrupt elite Russians", not the British ones!

By *est Wales WifeCouple  over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

As I posted on the other thread there is no evidence of Russian involvent (they may be involved but the evidence below actually pints elsewhere). Anyone who 'just believes' the UK government and our media without questioning must be exceptinally dumb. Anyone remember the WMD dossier before the illegal invasion of Iraq?

There are various reasons why various government's might seek to discredit Russia but the main one is that war is more profitable than peace.

The following is referenced (unlike the Uk goverment's statements about Novichoks) and is a not my work but paints a very different story to the official line.

As recently as 2016 Dr Robin Black, Head of the Detection Laboratory at the UK’s only chemical weapons facility at Porton Down, a former colleague of Dr David Kelly, published in an extremely prestigious scientific journal that the evidence for the existence of Novichoks was scant and their composition unknown.

"In recent years, there has been much speculation that a fourth generation of nerve agents, ‘Novichoks’ (newcomer), was developed in Russia, beginning in the 1970s as part of the ‘Foliant’ programme, with the aim of finding agents that would compromise defensive countermeasures. Information on these compounds has been sparse in the public domain, mostly originating from a dissident Russian military chemist, Vil Mirzayanov. No independent confirmation of the structures or the properties of such compounds has been published. (Black, 2016)" Reference: Robin Black. Development, Historical Use and Properties of Chemical Warfare Agents. Royal Society of Chemistry

Yet now, the British Government is claiming to be able instantly to identify a substance which its only biological weapons research centre has never seen before and was unsure of its existence. Worse, it claims to be able not only to identify it, but to pinpoint its origin. Given Dr Black’s publication, it is plain that claim cannot be true.

The world’s international chemical weapons experts share Dr Black’s opinion. The Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) is a UN body based in the Hague. In 2013 this was the report of its Scientific Advisory Board, which included US, French, German and Russian government representatives and on which Dr Black was the UK representative:

' [The SAB] emphasised that the definition of toxic chemicals in the Convention would cover all potential candidate chemicals that might be utilised as chemical weapons. Regarding new toxic chemicals not listed in the Annex on Chemicals but which may nevertheless pose a risk to the Convention, the SAB makes reference to “Novichoks”. The name “Novichok” is used in a publication of a former Soviet scientist who reported investigating a new class of nerve agents suitable for use as binary chemical weapons. The SAB states that it has insufficient information to comment on the existence or properties of “Novichoks”.' (OPCW, 2013) OPCW: Report of the Scientific Advisory Board on developments in science and technology for the Third Review Conference 27 March 2013

Indeed the OPCW was so sceptical of the viability of “novichoks” that it decided – with US and UK agreement – not to add them nor their alleged precursors to its banned list. In short, the scientific community broadly accepts Mirzayanov was working on “novichoks” but doubts he succeeded.

Given that the OPCW has taken the view the evidence for the existence of “Novichoks” is dubious, if the UK actually has a sample of one it is extremely important the UK presents that sample to the OPCW. Indeed the UK has a binding treaty obligation to present that sample to OPCW. Russa has – unreported by the corporate media – entered a demand at the OPCW that Britain submit a sample of the Salisbury material for international analysis.

Yet Britain refuses to submit it to the OPCW.

Why?

A second part of May’s accusation is that “Novichoks” could only be made in certain military installations. But that is also demonstrably untrue. If they exist at all, Novichoks were allegedly designed to be able to be made at bench level in any commercial chemical facility – that was a major point of them. The only real evidence for the existence of Novichoks was the testimony of the ex-Soviet scientist Mizayanov. And this is what Mirzayanov actually wrote.

"One should be mindful that the chemical components or precursors of A-232 or its binary version novichok-5 are ordinary organophosphates that can be made at commercial chemical companies that manufacture such products as fertilizers and pesticides." Vil S. Mirzayanov, “Dismantling the Soviet/Russian Chemical Weapons Complex: An Insider’s View,” in Amy E. Smithson, Dr. Vil S. Mirzayanov, Gen Roland Lajoie, and Michael Krepon, Chemical Weapons Disarmament in Russia: Problems and Prospects, Stimson Report No. 17, October 1995, p. 21.

It is a scientific impossibility for Porton Down to have been able to test for novichoks, without possessing some to develop the tests. As Dr Black has revealed Porton Down had never seen any Russian novichok, they cannot have a test for it unless they synthesised some themselves to develop the tests. And if they can synthesise it, so can many others, not just the Russians.

And finally – Mirzayanov is an Uzbek name and the novichok programme, assuming it existed, was in the Soviet Union but far away from modern Russia, at Nukus in modern Uzbekistan. I have visited the Nukus chemical weapons site myself. It was dismantled and made safe and all the stocks destroyed and the equipment removed by the American government, as I recall finishing while I was Ambassador there. There has in fact never been any evidence that any “novichok” ever existed in Russia itself.

To summarise:

1) Porton Down has acknowledged in publications it has never seen any Russian “novichoks”. The UK government has absolutely no “fingerprint” information that can safely attribute this substance to Russia.

2) Until now, neither Porton Down nor the world’s experts at the Organisation for the Prevention of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) were convinced “Novichoks” even exist.

3) The UK is refusing to provide a sample to the OPCW.

4) “Novichoks” were specifically designed to be able to be manufactured from common ingredients on any scientific bench. The Americans dismantled and studied the facility that allegedly developed them. It is completely untrue only the Russians could make them, if anybody can.

5) The “Novichok” programme was in Uzbekistan not in Russia. Its legacy was inherited by the Americans during their alliance with Karimov, not by the Russians.

You mean like the way we assassinated Kim Philby, guy Burgess, Donald MacLean and their families and intensified the cold war. Oh yes that's right we did not although the USSR did execute all the agents they betrayed.

I think you need to remember that Vlad was a KGB Interrogation Officer who rose to the rank of Colonel and almost certainly has tortured people to death and most certainly has overseen many executions (there is a reason his eyes look so dead) he is a coldblooded calculated killer."

Well he'll get a job in guantanamo then!

"

As invasions go it was pretty peaceful.

They held a democratic referendum in which the vast majority of the voters voted for unification with Russia.

Most people in crimea are pretty happy with the Russian investment since

Bristol East

Turn the clock back to the dissolution of the USSR in the 1990s and think of two things:

a) A promise by NATO not to encroach on the newly-independent states of the Warsaw Pact

b) An agreement with Ukraine that Russia could retain land in Crimea for a Navy installation, and garrison it with troops to protect it (the UK agreed something similar with Cyprus in the last century, hence a RAF base on sovereign UK territory in Cyprus).

Fast forward a few years.

The Russian-leaning leader of an increasingly bankrupt Ukraine, corruption and agitation by both the US and EU to persuade Ukraine to look west instead of east.

A violent coup and the rise to power of some unsavoury, far right characters, some openly promising the ethnic cleansing of the minority Russian population.

Remember the shootings, the fires?

Crimea is something like 95% ethnic Russian.

Crimea did what Catalonia did, took the situation into their own hands and decided, not surprisingly, their best bet of safety was to rejoin Russia. The result was overwhelming.

Just as in Catalan, the central power declared it illegal - the constitution of Ukraine did not allow any part of the Ukraine to leave.

The Crimeans, faced with threats of ethnic cleansing, put two fingers up to Ukraine and packed their bags.

Their referendum in Crimea was as "illegal" as the one in Catalonia.

Meanwhile, NATO is now positioned all along the border of the Russian federation, and is exercising with Ukraine.

And people are surprised there is a domestic narrative in Russia about how the west threatens the homeland?

It plays to fears borne out by repeated invasions from the west throughout history.

This is not the narrative you will hear in the media here, of course.

We like our conflicts to be black and white - British are good, Russians are bad.

Facts that get in the way of that are conveniently left out.

As invasions go it was pretty peaceful.

They held a democratic referendum in which the vast majority of the voters voted for unification with Russia.

Most people in crimea are pretty happy with the Russian investment since"

Have to agree there, they not only speak Russian but identify themselves as Russian.

"Turn the clock back to the dissolution of the USSR in the 1990s and think of two things:

a) A promise by NATO not to encroach on the newly-independent states of the Warsaw Pact

b) An agreement with Ukraine that Russia could retain land in Crimea for a Navy installation, and garrison it with troops to protect it (the UK agreed something similar with Cyprus in the last century, hence a RAF base on sovereign UK territory in Cyprus).

Fast forward a few years.

The Russian-leaning leader of an increasingly bankrupt Ukraine, corruption and agitation by both the US and EU to persuade Ukraine to look west instead of east.

A violent coup and the rise to power of some unsavoury, far right characters, some openly promising the ethnic cleansing of the minority Russian population.

Remember the shootings, the fires?

Crimea is something like 95% ethnic Russian.

Crimea did what Catalonia did, took the situation into their own hands and decided, not surprisingly, their best bet of safety was to rejoin Russia. The result was overwhelming.

Just as in Catalan, the central power declared it illegal - the constitution of Ukraine did not allow any part of the Ukraine to leave.

The Crimeans, faced with threats of ethnic cleansing, put two fingers up to Ukraine and packed their bags.

Their referendum in Crimea was as "illegal" as the one in Catalonia.

Meanwhile, NATO is now positioned all along the border of the Russian federation, and is exercising with Ukraine.

And people are surprised there is a domestic narrative in Russia about how the west threatens the homeland?

It plays to fears borne out by repeated invasions from the west throughout history.

This is not the narrative you will hear in the media here, of course.

We like our conflicts to be black and white - British are good, Russians are bad.

Facts that get in the way of that are conveniently left out.

"

Those of us who understand Geo politics understand that while we think Putin is a "bad" person we can't just blame everything on him, it's a two way street, the West has "refined" there own Geo political ends a tad more than the Russians and culturally wise the Russians are quite a few decades behind the West.

Of all the things Putin is, stupid is not one of them, when you have options, this is not the option you would take.

So what's the motive, I wanna know where this guy's been living and what he's been doing for 8 years, because frankly the Russians will have turned this guy inside out while he was in a Russian jail for 4 years, MI6 would have turned him inside out when he took sanctuary here.

This guy was either up to something in those 8 years or Putin has lost his marbles, because to choose this hap hazard half assed sort of assassination just before Russia is due to hold the prestigious and international world cup with what will be the world's press peering in is bonkers.

I mean it's not like the Russian state couldn't have made ANY nerve agent, even a western one if they wanted to, it's not like they couldn't have waited a few more months to get a guy who's been wandering around doing nothing for 8 years, it's not like they didn't have the apparatus and skills to bump him off without the general public ever knowing about it if they really wanted to.

moston

I will be replying to a number of posts here so will name each poster I am replying to after quoting them to avoid confusion.

"Maybe he's waiting till we actually get some evidence and not just compound that was invented by the Russians 30 years ago but could be made anywhere in the world with the right expertise ie a decent chemist"

'call me dave' If your post is genuine you really do not understand how deadly manufacturing this compound (or any compound of this type) is. Regardless of the skill and knowledge of the chemists, safely synthesising weaponised chemical agents of this type requires a minimum of a CL3 lab if it is a binary compound agent and a CL4 lab a single compound agent (or to test a binary compound agent). CL3 and 4 labs do not grow on trees. There is a list of know CL4 labs in the world here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biosafety_level

Now I accept it will not be complete but the idea that someone with a chemistry degree and formula could knock up a batch in any school lab if provided with the precursors is ridiculous, they would be dead before they finished.

This attack was state sponsored.

"nobody has ever made these particular nerve agents other than the russians.... and are actually on the banned chemical weapons list

unless you think otherwise.... "

_abio,

That is not so. I can assure you that as soon as we became aware of these compounds we produced them at Porton Down in order to develop effective detection, protection, decontamination and disposal systems, that is Porton Down's primary task. and why the chemical used was identified and chemical defence troops were deployed so quickly. (I did point out in another post that such fast use of MACA was not 'precautionary' regardless of how many in authority said 'keep calm and carry on'.

Having said that, and even though I have a possibly unhealthy cynicism when it comes to Tory politicians based on their history, even I do not believe for a second they would order the release such a potentially deadly compound in the centre of any British city.

"Where is your evidence Russian troops invaded Crimea?

"

Sara J

Actually the evidence is quite compelling and has been supplied by the Russian State.

There have been many photographs published by Russian State Press of serving Russian troops with their units across the Russian Federation taken within days of photographs of the same troops in Eastern Ukrainian Uniform (with a white arm band) taken while fighting both in Eastern Ukraine and The Crimea, followed by more pictures of them back in Russian uniform after their 'heroic return after fighting for the motherland'. In fact, President Putin was more than happy and proud to tell the world that many members of the military had 'volunteered' to 'help' their Russian countrymen and women in Ukraine. Of course he claimed they were only there in non-concomitant rolls but seeing as the Ukrainian military captured a number of them armed and in battle that was shown to be untrue.

Now to address the general issue that seems to be the moot point in this thread:

What level of proof of Russian State violent aggression and attacks against the West is proof of Russian State violent aggression and attacks against the West? The arguments being put forward by the 'we need more proof before we act' camp sound remarkably similar to the arguments put forward by the NRA in the face of mass shootings in the US. And just as in US schools the pattern of escalation in numbers, severity, and distribution of attacks grows with every refusal to take meaningful action to deter similar future acts and remove or reduce the potential for such acts to be repeated.

Guess that we have now reached a point where just like 'guns don't kill people, people kill people', 'agents of the Russian state don't attack the West, people attack the West'.

Now I freely admit I am a hawk when it comes to defending my country and way of life from all threats (regardless of where they come from), but please everyone lets start being honest with ourselves. We have a problem in the West with Russians and Russian money, just as the USA has a problem with guns and guns money. The solution to both is simple:

FUCK THEM OFF!

FUCK THEM OFF NOW!!

FUCK THEM OFF NOW BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!!!

Bristol East

The statement was about Crimea.

Russian troops were based in Crimea with the approval of Kiev.

Their purpose was to protect the naval base.

The agreement allowed their deployment outwith the naval base in order to protect the site.

They deployed outside the naval base when armed Ukrainian nationalists came looking to pick a fight with ethnic Russians in Crimea.

Do you think they'll stand idly by when fellow Russians are being slaughtered? Remember the cinema fire?

I imagine the UK has a similar agreement with Cyprus.

moston

"The statement was about Crimea.

Russian troops were based in Crimea with the approval of Kiev.

Their purpose was to protect the naval base.

The agreement allowed their deployment outwith the naval base in order to protect the site.

They deployed outside the naval base when armed Ukrainian nationalists came looking to pick a fight with ethnic Russians in Crimea.

Do you think they'll stand idly by when fellow Russians are being slaughtered? Remember the cinema fire?

I imagine the UK has a similar agreement with Cyprus."

I think if you check that at the time of the Cypriot civil war all members of British Armed forces were confined to their bases and camp. And that the only British troops that had any sort of 'combat' roll (other than perimeter security) were those posted to the UN Cypriot peacekeeping force, and that there was a most strict separation kept between the 2 deployments and that is why we still have the 'British Overseas Territories' of Akrotiri and Dhekelia and are welcomed by both Greek and Turkish Cypriots.

What with all this fawning over Putin and Russia. It makes me want to puke.

"I will be replying to a number of posts here so will name each poster I am replying to after quoting them to avoid confusion.

'call me dave' If your post is genuine you really do not understand how deadly manufacturing this compound (or any compound of this type) is. Regardless of the skill and knowledge of the chemists, safely synthesising weaponised chemical agents of this type requires a minimum of a CL3 lab if it is a binary compound agent and a CL4 lab a single compound agent (or to test a binary compound agent). CL3 and 4 labs do not grow on trees. There is a list of know CL4 labs in the world here:

Now I accept it will not be complete but the idea that someone with a chemistry degree and formula could knock up a batch in any school lab if provided with the precursors is ridiculous, they would be dead before they finished.

_abio,

That is not so. I can assure you that as soon as we became aware of these compounds we produced them at Porton Down in order to develop effective detection, protection, decontamination and disposal systems, that is Porton Down's primary task. and why the chemical used was identified and chemical defence troops were deployed so quickly. (I did point out in another post that such fast use of MACA was not 'precautionary' regardless of how many in authority said 'keep calm and carry on'.

Having said that, and even though I have a possibly unhealthy cynicism when it comes to Tory politicians based on their history, even I do not believe for a second they would order the release such a potentially deadly compound in the centre of any British city.

Sara J

Actually the evidence is quite compelling and has been supplied by the Russian State.

There have been many photographs published by Russian State Press of serving Russian troops with their units across the Russian Federation taken within days of photographs of the same troops in Eastern Ukrainian Uniform (with a white arm band) taken while fighting both in Eastern Ukraine and The Crimea, followed by more pictures of them back in Russian uniform after their 'heroic return after fighting for the motherland'. In fact, President Putin was more than happy and proud to tell the world that many members of the military had 'volunteered' to 'help' their Russian countrymen and women in Ukraine. Of course he claimed they were only there in non-concomitant rolls but seeing as the Ukrainian military captured a number of them armed and in battle that was shown to be untrue.

Now to address the general issue that seems to be the moot point in this thread:

What level of proof of Russian State violent aggression and attacks against the West is proof of Russian State violent aggression and attacks against the West? The arguments being put forward by the 'we need more proof before we act' camp sound remarkably similar to the arguments put forward by the NRA in the face of mass shootings in the US. And just as in US schools the pattern of escalation in numbers, severity, and distribution of attacks grows with every refusal to take meaningful action to deter similar future acts and remove or reduce the potential for such acts to be repeated.

Guess that we have now reached a point where just like 'guns don't kill people, people kill people', 'agents of the Russian state don't attack the West, people attack the West'.

Now I freely admit I am a hawk when it comes to defending my country and way of life from all threats (regardless of where they come from), but please everyone lets start being honest with ourselves. We have a problem in the West with Russians and Russian money, just as the USA has a problem with guns and guns money. The solution to both is simple:

FUCK THEM OFF!

FUCK THEM OFF NOW!!

FUCK THEM OFF NOW BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!!!"

We've also been here before with authorative, bold and certain statements of "cast iron" intelligence that got us into an illegal war in Iraq. History possibly repeating itself here

"I will be replying to a number of posts here so will name each poster I am replying to after quoting them to avoid confusion.

_abio,

Sara J

FUCK THEM OFF!

FUCK THEM OFF NOW!!

FUCK THEM OFF NOW BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!!!"

Just to add, i prefer making sure of the facts for two reasons.

1. Are we (the uk) being played for fools by a third party, with their own agenda, the 'evidence" being that it looks too obvious "russia did it"

2. Risking a game of chicken with russia and end up with a military confrontation with them

If you take time to read back what I wrote I said a chemist, some ingredients, knowledge and specialist equipment... Funnily enough I never mentioned anything about high school chemistry!!.

Still let's just say your right and only the state can manufacture them, you still can't prove it was the Russian state, you have zero evidence that Putin or the Russian state either knew about it or sanctioned it, you have zero motive except your own opinion on Putin and you've never met the guy so your opinion is based on second hand accounts all or some of them could be true or false, you really have no idea about him like everybody else on here does?.

You can't explain why there'd use such a shit method, why the timing, why make it public or why him.

All your basing your opinions on is a government you clearly hate and don't believe a word they say on any other matter except this one?.

Were all in a bubble, just some of us know it

moston

"We've also been here before with authorative, bold and certain statements of "cast iron" intelligence that got us into an illegal war in Iraq. History possibly repeating itself here"

Funny, you are now the 3rd to post in defence of the status quo regarding Russia. I wonder what your opinion is regarding gun control and the NRAs position?

Twice now I have said that all Russians who do not have political asylum status should be expelled and their property sized by the state. The first time I just said we need to remove the threat. The second time I even point out how similar our situation with Russians is to Americans situation with guns is.

And what is the response so far:

1. Ignore the whole point of a post and claim I have misunderstood what was said in defence of not doing anything.

2. Pure sarcasm as a method of deflection.

3. An insinuation that this is a fabricated problem in order to facilitate some sort of Machiavellian 'deep state' plot against the peaceful Russian State.

Welcome to the British equivalent to the US firearms debate.

I feel now might be a good time for a smedley butler quote.

arms conferences. They don't

mean a thing. One has just failed; the results of another have been nullified. We send our professional soldiers and our sailors and our politicians and our diplomats to these

conferences. And what happens?

The professional soldiers and sailors don't want to disarm. No admiral wants to be without a

ship. No general wants to be without a command. Both mean men without jobs. They are not for disarmament. They cannot be for limitations of arms. And at all these conferences, lurking in the background but all-powerful, just the same, are the sinister agents of those who profit by war. They see to it that these conferences do not disarm or seriously limit armaments.

"

1. Ignore the whole point of a post and claim I have misunderstood what was said in defence of not doing anything.

"

Where did i say do nothing.?

Get the facts straight instead of charging in with assumptions

"

"

Your opinion, my opinion is your a hothead, getting carried away.

"

3. An insinuation that this is a fabricated problem in order to facilitate some sort of Machiavellian 'deep state' plot against the peaceful Russian State.

Welcome to the British equivalent to the US firearms debate."

See 1.

You obviously have an entreched, opinion based method of coming to a conclusion.

moston

"If you take time to read back what I wrote I said a chemist, some ingredients, knowledge and specialist equipment... Funnily enough I never mentioned anything about high school chemistry!!.

Still let's just say your right and only the state can manufacture them, you still can't prove it was the Russian state, you have zero evidence that Putin or the Russian state either knew about it or sanctioned it, you have zero motive except your own opinion on Putin and you've never met the guy so your opinion is based on second hand accounts all or some of them could be true or false, you really have no idea about him like everybody else on here does?.

You can't explain why there'd use such a shit method, why the timing, why make it public or why him.

All your basing your opinions on is a government you clearly hate and don't believe a word they say on any other matter except this one?.

Were all in a bubble, just some of us know it "

We are clearly on different sides on this issue, I would say your position here is the same as any US citizen who supports the Second Amendment and my position here is the same as any US citizen who is demanding strict gun controls. The real question is what would make you change your mind on this issue or are you like many in the USA who will never change your mind even after being shot?

There is just one note of fact I need to pick you up on, I have already covered the issue of school labs and even in the post you so casually dismissed i pointed out the need for a cl3 or 4 lab to safely synthesises these compounds. You may do well to google what they are.

I think there is little or no purpose to continuing to discuss this issue with you so lets agree to disagree. Enjoy the rest of this debate.

brecon

Ok, so people have been back and forth over the "did they, didn't they" possibility that the Russians did this.

Who else would do it?

Who else has the know-how, labs, and skills to make this agent?

Who else would want to?

All signs point to the probability of it being the Russians.

People say that Putin would be crazy to authorise this, given that all the evidence seems to point to Russia.

What people forget is that Putin was a member of the FSB, and in fact rose to be a highly decorated high ranking officer, rumoured to have ordered both torture and executions, he's no angel.

The Russian people like a strong leader, and poking the countries in the West (especially the USA and the UK) is his way of bolstering home support... and lets not forget he's currently looking to get re-elected.

Putin doesn't care what the rest of the world thinks of him, so long as, back home, people vote for him.

This one act has probably secured him the election.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

He will win the election anyway as it will be fixed lol

moston

"

See 1.

You obviously have an entreched, opinion based method of coming to a conclusion. "

Funny how you think all three points were aimed at you.

The first was, after all your finished your second reply to me with:
"Risking a game of chicken with russia and end up with a military confrontation with them"

My second point was aimed at Bob who replied with:
"What with all this fawning over Putin and Russia. It makes me want to puke."

My third point was in reply to be fair one of yours again but from your first post:
"We've also been here before with authorative, bold and certain statements of "cast iron" intelligence that got us into an illegal war in Iraq. History possibly repeating itself here"

But the post I am now replying to makes it clear you are firmly in the same camp as 'call me dave' and at this point in time it would make no difference what I say there will be no meeting of minds between us on this subject, so again lets agree to disagree.

"

See 1.

You obviously have an entreched, opinion based method of coming to a conclusion.

Funny how you think all three points were aimed at you.

The first was, after all your finished your second reply to me with: Risking a game of chicken with russia and end up with a military confrontation with them

My second point was aimed at Bob who replied with: What with all this fawning over Putin and Russia. It makes me want to puke.

My third point was in reply to be fair one of yours again but from your first post:We've also been here before with authorative, bold and certain statements of "cast iron" intelligence that got us into an illegal war in Iraq. History possibly repeating itself here.

But the post I am now replying to makes it clear you are firmly in the same camp as 'call me dave' and at this point in time it would make no difference what I say there will be no meeting of minds between us on this subject, so again lets agree to disagree.

"

Well, perhaps you should be more clear on who your replying to rather than clumsily charging in with your retort like a hot head.

Thanks for deciding I'm like call me dave too

Call me dave is like me, being patient in establishing facts before acting

"Ok, so people have been back and forth over the "did they, didn't they" possibility that the Russians did this.

Who else would do it?

Who else would want to?

People say that Putin would be crazy to authorise this, given that all the evidence seems to point to Russia.

What people forget is that Putin was a member of the FSB, and in fact rose to be a highly decorated high ranking officer, rumoured to have ordered both torture and executions, he's no angel.

The Russian people like a strong leader, and poking the countries in the West (especially the USA and the UK) is his way of bolstering home support... and lets not forget he's currently looking to get re-elected.

Putin doesn't care what the rest of the world thinks of him, so long as, back home, people vote for him.

This one act has probably secured him the election."

Your completely bonkers.

Do you by any chance happen to know how popular Putin is in Russia, he certainly doesn't need to rig any elections unlike us or the USA, he certainly doesn't need any strong arm bullshit to win

"If you take time to read back what I wrote I said a chemist, some ingredients, knowledge and specialist equipment... Funnily enough I never mentioned anything about high school chemistry!!.

Were all in a bubble, just some of us know it

We are clearly on different sides on this issue, I would say your position here is the same as any US citizen who supports the Second Amendment and my position here is the same as any US citizen who is demanding strict gun controls. The real question is what would make you change your mind on this issue or are you like many in the USA who will never change your mind even after being shot?

There is just one note of fact I need to pick you up on, I have already covered the issue of school labs and even in the post you so casually dismissed i pointed out the need for a cl3 or 4 lab to safely synthesises these compounds. You may do well to google what they are.

I think there is little or no purpose to continuing to discuss this issue with you so lets agree to disagree. Enjoy the rest of this debate."

Hey will I like you I like debating you, you give good arguments without the drama!.

All I want is some actual evidence that this was the Russian state, give me that and I'll high five you while the big birds fly.

What I don't want is semantics hearsay and personal opinion, none of which are admissable in a court of law, your entire argument is he's a bad man (everybody knows this) and this particular chemical was invented by the Russians (so fucking what! We invented vx I didn't see Japan giving us 24hrs on little Kim's brothers assassination).

The next thing I'm going to add is opinionated on my side, you want people to get uperty on the deaths of some Russian oligarchs and an ex traitor spy? Nobody is,frankly nobody gives a fuck about them, they made they're beds and their lying dead in them.

The copper were sorry about, the general public of course, none of them are dead none of them are likely to die and none of us want to see ww3 from some Geo political bollocks....I say none I mean nobody except those conditioned by the state to believe this bullshit, history is full of black op bullshit propaganda on both sides in every conflict because in the end..... War is a racket

Chudleigh

So lets say for a minute that it is proven that the Russian’s did do this - what should be do in response?

"So lets say for a minute that it is proven that the Russian’s did do this - what should be do in response?"

Let's say it's the yanks, let's say it's Israel, let's say it's France.

Why stop at let's say it's Russia

Chudleigh

Maybe because right now the most likely candidate is the Russians - so what do we do? If others become as likely then maybe you could tell us what we should do then also?

moston

"The next thing I'm going to add is opinionated on my side, you want people to get uperty on the deaths of some Russian oligarchs and an ex traitor spy? Nobody is,frankly nobody gives a fuck about them, they made they're beds and their lying dead in them.

The copper were sorry about, the general public of course, none of them are dead none of them are likely to die and none of us want to see ww3 from some Geo political bollocks....I say none I mean nobody except those conditioned by the state to believe this bullshit, history is full of black op bullshit propaganda on both sides in every conflict because in the end..... War is a racket

"

You have me all wrong.

Yes, I most certainly want you and everybody else to get uppity!

But just like you I don't give a fuck about old spies (from anywhere) or Russian criminals who ripped of their countrymen to get rich and powerful quick when the old Soviet Union collapsed. In fact i would go as far as to say Russia and the rest of the world would be a much better place if they had a nice little internecine war and all got wiped off the face of the earth.

You need to forget who has died and may be dying in these attacks and think about the attacks:

First was a targeted assassination using Ricin (you can distil that in your kitchen) poisoning in a crowded public space. A public execution on our soil by a hostile foreign power. Not good, but I can just about live with that. Giving the assassins state protection when they were identified is something I cannot live with, even Gaddafi handed over the Lockerbie bomber!

The second assassination by poisoning by the same hostile foreign power was by means of Polonium spreading minute quantities of a harmful radioactive material across a number of sites in London. That was an outrageous act! There may be people walking around oblivious of the fact that they have radioactive particle lodged in their lung slowly destroying tissue, and when eventually they fall victim to terminal cancer, well...

Now there is this latest attack, and what do we know? At least 24 have been exposed, 3 are still in hospital, 2 dying (I think), 1 maybe, maybe not. Both emergency and private vehicles as well as many areas of public space in the centre of a city were contaminated with an AREA EFFECT chemical weapon on a Sunday afternoon with no regard to civilian casualties!

FUCKING RIGHT I WANT EVERYONE TO GET UPPITY!

What will it take before people stop looking at minutia and wake up to exponential escalation of these acts of war? Maybe a chemical release at a primary infant gate killing some 5, 6, 7 YO's and a few teachers will do it. Or maybe we need an attack on a pop concert? How about a chemical attack on Abramovich when Chelsea are playing at home killing 30 or 40 THOUSAND football fans?

Are you beginning to catch on?

If you drop a live crab or lobster into a pan of boiling water it screams! If you put it into a pan of could water and slow boil it, it does not make a sound!

Is the penny dropping yet?

As for the proof, there is enough circumstantial evidence for our political leaders to say 'we no longer believe it is in the British national interest for Russian citizens or citizens of their clients to reside in the UK. Therefore we exercising our Sovereign Power and withdrawing all non diplomatic visitor and permanent visas. All Russian (and other named countries) citizens have 1/2/4/8/10 days to leave the UK.

Of course this will not happen because just as US politicians are addicted to NRA money (much of which it now turns out comes from Russia), our politicians share the addiction to Russian money.

Sorry if I sound hysterical and hyperbolic, but I genuinely see another Chamberlain waving toilet paper and proclaiming "Peace in our time!" moment approaching. The only difference is Putin is an intelligent and ruthless former KGB Interrogation Officer and Hitler was a failed painter and decorator with a magnetic personality.

My god, Moscow State Television are openly saying Trump is ours, and Kremlin insiders are saying that we better not threaten Russia!

Here is a very sad fact, pacifism is only an option when not being attacked or there is someone else willing to protect you.

We are being attacked and I have a feeling we are in the process of divorcing the only partners we have willing to 'stand up' for and with us.

I am a fat old man 6 years past 55, but I do not think it is totally beyond the bounds of probability that I may yet see a couple of coppers at my door with 'stand up' papers for me...

From what I read and what I see in world politics I really think things are a lot more serious than the vast majority of us dream in our worst nightmares. In fact I am fearful that we have already lost.

Jonathan Allen presented the UK's case very well last night, he came across very level headed.

brecon

"Ok, so people have been back and forth over the "did they, didn't they" possibility that the Russians did this.

Who else would do it?

Who else would want to?

This one act has probably secured him the election..

Your completely bonkers.

Do you by any chance happen to know how popular Putin is in Russia, he certainly doesn't need to rig any elections unlike us or the USA, he certainly doesn't need any strong arm bullshit to win"

The reason he is so popular is exactly because of acts like this, and others, the Russian people are fed propaganda about how the west is evil, everything that he does is spun to look as if its in the Russian best interest.

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

No. Highly likely means highly likely. Whether Russia actually did the act and whether Putin actually ordered it or knew about it is open to some question. However what is not in doubt is the fact that the nerve agent originated from Russia.

Is Russia guilty beyond a reasonable doubt? No.

Id Russia liable on the balance of probabilities? Most definitely yes.

No. Highly likely means highly likely. Whether Russia actually did the act and whether Putin actually ordered it or knew about it is open to some question. However what is not in doubt is the fact that the nerve agent originated from Russia.

Is Russia guilty beyond a reasonable doubt? No.

Id Russia liable on the balance of probabilities? Most definitely yes."

good job we abolished "hanging"

"The next thing I'm going to add is opinionated on my side, you want people to get uperty on the deaths of some Russian oligarchs and an ex traitor spy? Nobody is,frankly nobody gives a fuck about them, they made they're beds and their lying dead in them.

You have me all wrong.

Yes, I most certainly want you and everybody else to get uppity!

But just like you I don't give a fuck about old spies (from anywhere) or Russian criminals who ripped of their countrymen to get rich and powerful quick when the old Soviet Union collapsed. In fact i would go as far as to say Russia and the rest of the world would be a much better place if they had a nice little internecine war and all got wiped off the face of the earth.

You need to forget who has died and may be dying in these attacks and think about the attacks:

First was a targeted assassination using Ricin (you can distil that in your kitchen) poisoning in a crowded public space. A public execution on our soil by a hostile foreign power. Not good, but I can just about live with that. Giving the assassins state protection when they were identified is something I cannot live with, even Gaddafi handed over the Lockerbie bomber!

The second assassination by poisoning by the same hostile foreign power was by means of Polonium spreading minute quantities of a harmful radioactive material across a number of sites in London. That was an outrageous act! There may be people walking around oblivious of the fact that they have radioactive particle lodged in their lung slowly destroying tissue, and when eventually they fall victim to terminal cancer, well...

Now there is this latest attack, and what do we know? At least 24 have been exposed, 3 are still in hospital, 2 dying (I think), 1 maybe, maybe not. Both emergency and private vehicles as well as many areas of public space in the centre of a city were contaminated with an AREA EFFECT chemical weapon on a Sunday afternoon with no regard to civilian casualties!

FUCKING RIGHT I WANT EVERYONE TO GET UPPITY!

What will it take before people stop looking at minutia and wake up to exponential escalation of these acts of war? Maybe a chemical release at a primary infant gate killing some 5, 6, 7 YO's and a few teachers will do it. Or maybe we need an attack on a pop concert? How about a chemical attack on Abramovich when Chelsea are playing at home killing 30 or 40 THOUSAND football fans?

Are you beginning to catch on?

If you drop a live crab or lobster into a pan of boiling water it screams! If you put it into a pan of could water and slow boil it, it does not make a sound!

Is the penny dropping yet?

As for the proof, there is enough circumstantial evidence for our political leaders to say 'we no longer believe it is in the British national interest for Russian citizens or citizens of their clients to reside in the UK. Therefore we exercising our Sovereign Power and withdrawing all non diplomatic visitor and permanent visas. All Russian (and other named countries) citizens have 1/2/4/8/10 days to leave the UK.

Of course this will not happen because just as US politicians are addicted to NRA money (much of which it now turns out comes from Russia), our politicians share the addiction to Russian money.

Sorry if I sound hysterical and hyperbolic, but I genuinely see another Chamberlain waving toilet paper and proclaiming "Peace in our time!" moment approaching. The only difference is Putin is an intelligent and ruthless former KGB Interrogation Officer and Hitler was a failed painter and decorator with a magnetic personality.

My god, Moscow State Television are openly saying Trump is ours, and Kremlin insiders are saying that we better not threaten Russia!

Here is a very sad fact, pacifism is only an option when not being attacked or there is someone else willing to protect you.

We are being attacked and I have a feeling we are in the process of divorcing the only partners we have willing to 'stand up' for and with us.

I am a fat old man 6 years past 55, but I do not think it is totally beyond the bounds of probability that I may yet see a couple of coppers at my door with 'stand up' papers for me...

From what I read and what I see in world politics I really think things are a lot more serious than the vast majority of us dream in our worst nightmares. In fact I am fearful that we have already lost."

50 million extra for porton down announced this morning, how many hundreds of millions more for this saber rattling, who knows.

Your being played like we all are on this grand chess board of Geo politics.

Who really benefits from this act?

West London

I do not understand why anyone feels that the UK will only be justified in reacting to this is if they can provide evidence to the standard of a court prosecution

State intelligence agencies exist to carry out tasks in a manner that provide deniability and misdirection. We have counter-intelligence services to provide best advice on this. I guess they are another set of experts to be ignored. Therefore better to guess on instinct?

Who else has a dog in the fight? Motive exists for the Russian state in showing strength in warning off future acts of betrayal, bolstering Putin's popularity to increase voter turnout before an "election" and giving a nation that embarrassed him a good, public kicking knowing full well that we need Russian money.

To claim that Putin's Russia is being bullied and only defending itself is a nonsense. You're really saying they'd be just lovely and cooperative under normal circumstances? Dictatorships don't tend to behave like that.

What is most ridiculous is seeing those who admire "strong" leaders like Putin claiming that we should wait and see. Just don't get too excited. If this happened in Russia your favourite human (next to Trump) would not be waiting and seeing.

Who else would do it?

Who else would want to?

This one act has probably secured him the election..

Your completely bonkers.

Do you by any chance happen to know how popular Putin is in Russia, he certainly doesn't need to rig any elections unlike us or the USA, he certainly doesn't need any strong arm bullshit to win

The reason he is so popular is exactly because of acts like this, and others, the Russian people are fed propaganda about how the west is evil, everything that he does is spun to look as if its in the Russian best interest."

This is true to an extent, however if you roll the clock back to the 1990s you'll see exactly why the Russian people think the West is evil, we stood back and did fuck all for Russia after the Soviet union collapse, bread queues 500 yards long, while western businesses lead by corrupt western politicians and policies plundered the natural resources and great wealth, most Russians remember the severity of those times and know the only reason they stopped is because of "hard" "tough" leaders like Putin, yes we all know he's enriched himself (power corrupts) but unlike the rest he has actually done stuff for the Russian people, if you go to Crimea you'll see free school sports centres, new roads and hospitals, playgrounds, bridges, you know, the stuff the people actually care about!!.

Do I think Putin is a nice guy because of this, no, do I think Russia is a great country, with the foundations of stuff i like, like freedom, free press, free judiciaries, no.

But we really have to come to terms with an element of corruption in western governments that don't help this situation and ACTIVELY seek to encourage it because until we do all we're going to do is go around and around on that merry go round of arms sales and increased military spending.. They don't call it the deep state for nothing

Of course a free press is only worth while until it's all owned by a few very wealthy people and corporations, then it just becomes a mouth piece for the state, I believe that's the rationing behind banning RT?.

We're not that different, it's just more subtle here

Bristol East

Reuters has a very good piece about the chaos in Russia when the Soviet Union collapsed.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-russia-stockpiles/secret-trial-shows-risks-of-nerve-agent-theft-in-post-soviet-chaos-experts-idUSKCN1GQ2RH

The scientists and engineers of the military-industrial complex didn't get paid, the military did not get paid and there were rumours of militaristic countries in Asia inducing poverty-stricken officials to sell their goods and services. Even rumours, still unsubstantiated, that Iran got their hands on a stray N-bomb.

I have to applaud Putin and his non linear war with the west .Hes persuaded citzens of foreign states(UK and US and others) to doubt their own governments and intelligence services and trust in Russian honesty and integrity.

He paints a beautiful picture allows you to join the dots and convinces you you have uncovered a hidden truth. When you join the dots what picture do you get a Trojan horse or a Russian sheep..? I would suggest you put down the crayons as your hand is being guided..

moston

"Even rumours, still unsubstantiated, that Iran got their hands on a stray N-bomb.

"

I have not heard that, but I did see a published UN StART report in the late 90's that said 4 4th protocol cobalt/iodine suitcase salt bombs were missing and it was believed that Islamic terrorists were attempting to purchase 1 of them. I think it was round the time I first heard of Al Qaeda...

"I have to applaud Putin and his non linear war with the west .Hes persuaded citzens of foreign states(UK and US and others) to doubt their own governments and intelligence services and trust in Russian honesty and integrity.

He paints a beautiful picture allows you to join the dots and convinces you you have uncovered a hidden truth. When you join the dots what picture do you get a Trojan horse or a Russian sheep..? I would suggest you put down the crayons as your hand is being guided.. "

I'm surprised at all this gun jumping to be honest an you siding with the goverment to readily and being so gullible yourself.

The government, usa in particular at the UN looked rather unprofessional . Now I am not sayong Russia is innocent at this point. All i am saying is lets investigate!

The only body that has calmly got down to analysis and detective work without bias is the police!

Or... Should we and the government tell tbe police they should stop because hysteria and opinion is superior to detective work.

If Russia did it then lets use proof! Not opinion.

By *inkywife1981Couple  over a year ago

A town near you

It would seem Putin is guilty of this act especially when reading British papers and reading the opinions of forum commentators, however I read an article in the Irish Times by their former Moscow correspondent which gives some doubt to whether Putin was involved or not

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/unlikely-that-vladimir-putin-behind-skripal-poisoning-1.3425736

"I have to applaud Putin and his non linear war with the west .Hes persuaded citzens of foreign states(UK and US and others) to doubt their own governments and intelligence services and trust in Russian honesty and integrity.

He paints a beautiful picture allows you to join the dots and convinces you you have uncovered a hidden truth. When you join the dots what picture do you get a Trojan horse or a Russian sheep..? I would suggest you put down the crayons as your hand is being guided.. "

You can join the she dots from the American war of independence through to south America to Vietnam and Iraq, or was it naughty Vlad who's been doing it for centuries?.

And of course let's not forget, just like we have a deep state, so do Russia.

Putin, Gaddafi, Hussain, the ayatollah, Castro.... It's good to have nasty bad guys running places, it feeds the machine

By *andACouple  over a year ago

glasgow

"What did I bottle it from? "

I said bolted. When I pointed out the myth about 71% of young voters voting for the SNP was from a poll of 14 people you bolted after I provided the evidence. All you could offer up was 'google it'.

Bristol East

"It would seem Putin is guilty of this act especially when reading British papers and reading the opinions of forum commentators, however I read an article in the Irish Times by their former Moscow correspondent which gives some doubt to whether Putin was involved or not

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/unlikely-that-vladimir-putin-behind-skripal-poisoning-1.3425736"

If I’m ever tried for a crime, I sincerely hope you are not on the jury

"It would seem Putin is guilty of this act especially when reading British papers and reading the opinions of forum commentators, however I read an article in the Irish Times by their former Moscow correspondent which gives some doubt to whether Putin was involved or not

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/unlikely-that-vladimir-putin-behind-skripal-poisoning-1.3425736

If I’m ever tried for a crime, I sincerely hope you are not on the jury

"

Interesting article, especially the little snippet about his closeness to a person inside Christopher steels outfit!.

I wonder if he was helping steel to find people in Russia whiling to blab on the trump dossier

Maybe he hasn't been as benign for 8 years as originally reported?

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Of course a free press is only worth while until it's all owned by a few very wealthy people and corporations, then it just becomes a mouth piece for the state, I believe that's the rationing behind banning RT?.

We're not that different, it's just more subtle here"

actually what the US did when the US version on RT was basically goading them is they had the bright idea of making them have to register as an "agent of a foreign country"....

so instead of claiming they are impartial, at the top of every hour they have to say they are funded by the russian government before every news bulletin

Ofcom "could" in theory make them do the same thing as part of their broadcast license...... and i am guessing instead of taking them off the air they make look at this sort of thing to embarrass RT....

the other thing they could do... is they could lean on the owners of sky and virgin media to take them off their platforms... and i am sure they would then say its a "business decision"..... especially if Ofcom and DCMS make it know since sky PLC are in the middle of a takeover battle between the murdochs (who intend to sell on to Disney, who own ABC) and Comcast (Who own NBC) it will be one of the things they may look at.....

[Removed by poster at 15/03/18 20:18:39]

I coul say congratulations to wedtern media and the likes of nikki haley for indoctrinating you, but i don't stoop so low. Instead, i formulate a balanced view

He paints a beautiful picture allows you to join the dots and convinces you you have uncovered a hidden truth. When you join the dots what picture do you get a Trojan horse or a Russian sheep..? I would suggest you put down the crayons as your hand is being guided..

I coul say congratulations to wedtern media and the likes of nikki haley for indoctrinating you, but i don't stoop so low. Instead, i formulate a balanced view

"

Our allies have formulated a balanced view.Youre free to choose the Russian view.

The UK has the backing of the United States, France ,Germany and NATO.They are all in agreement that it was Russia.

[Removed by poster at 15/03/18 22:39:18]

Our allies have formulated a balanced view.Youre free to choose the Russian view.

The UK has the backing of the United States, France ,Germany and NATO.They are all in agreement that it was Russia.

"

Seeing as you have divine abilities, can you tell me the lottery numbers for Saturday?

mortals like me have to get by with using common sense to get by

Funny how we can solve a attempted murderike this in a couple of days with no real evidence

"

On a serious note, can we wait to see what the police find out?

Im sure other nations are towing the allies line, the kremlin might have done it but lets see what the police find out

[Removed by poster at 15/03/18 23:14:31]

Brian cox the actor on question time.. Mint!