FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Well Done Sadiq Khan and TFL

Well Done Sadiq Khan and TFL

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ercury OP   Man  over a year ago

Grantham

A good news story to share this morning.

Labour Mayor of London Sadiq Khan has announced that fares on the new Crossrail Elizabeth line, will be the same as the existing tube and bus network. Contactless and Oyster cards will be accepted, making for a cheap and fast way to cross London West to East.

Also announced, was the transfer of Heathrow Connect to TFL, thus making journeys much cheaper on the fast Heathrow Connect service.

Not very political but a good news story anyway.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

see... this is going to be a 2 person transport geek conversation (my family basically live at what will be the far eastern end of the elizabeth line).... but the decision makes sense for a whole number of reasons....

1) once the "lizzy" line comes into full service east-west there will be no need for heathrow connect anyway. so that ties up that situation....

2) it will also take a ton of pressure off the picadilly line going down to heathrow, because the complaint is that is there was any reason trains were not running, everything else getting out there was miles more expensive! (i love the heathrow express, but man its pricey!!!!)

i think this is the prelude to a full london underground/london overground merger in all but name... where the same pricing is going to be allthru the network

... i think there are more tfl moves coming but i would be speculating putting my "franchise planner" hat on.....

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Something good finally

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

Well our new mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough wants an underground network for Cambridge. I'm sure it will put London's to shame!

By *ercury OP   Man  over a year ago

Grantham

"Well our new mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough wants an underground network for Cambridge. I'm sure it will put London's to shame! "

Did anything ever happen about connecting Cambridge with Huntingdon by rail? Surely a logical transport corridor?

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

The transport network in London seems to be the only thing that mayors have consistently got right so far.

How independently is it run?

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

"A good news story to share this morning.

Labour Mayor of London Sadiq Khan has announced that fares on the new Crossrail Elizabeth line, will be the same as the existing tube and bus network. Contactless and Oyster cards will be accepted, making for a cheap and fast way to cross London West to East.

Also announced, was the transfer of Heathrow Connect to TFL, thus making journeys much cheaper on the fast Heathrow Connect service.

Not very political but a good news story anyway."

Except that there will be a significant premium for journeys to Heathrow, according to the Evening Standard

» Add a new message to this topic