FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Are we heading into another cold war

Are we heading into another cold war

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

With russia? I think we are. I remember back in the 80s were we heard the sirens every monday of each month, it was exciting as we went home from school.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *othrockercplCouple  over a year ago

Halloween Town

Once we drop out of the EU we'll suddenly have no allies to call on.

We're a very small country and we won't be a "world power" any longer I feel.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I don’t think the Cold War ever really ended. Russia has always been kept at arms length by the west and the spying and meddling has continued on both sides. Putin is a dangerous man tho, I think his buttons can only be pusseh so far before he loses the plot.

By *albec26Man  over a year ago

Great Yarmouth

It does seem the intensity of Russian interference has increased since our decision to leave the EU.

I don't know about war but we are definitely heading towards a cold weekend

You should watch the documentary about him that was on BBC2 recently. Quite scary, looking at the psychology behind his actions and how basically the longer he goes unchallenged the more unhinged he could become.

It scares the shit out of me if I'm honest.

Worry if you get the text message! Not until ..

"You should watch the documentary about him that was on BBC2 recently. Quite scary, looking at the psychology behind his actions and how basically the longer he goes unchallenged the more unhinged he could become.

It scares the shit out of me if I'm honest."

Yes. I will check it out and it sounds interesting too about him.

"With russia? I think we are. I remember back in the 80s were we heard the sirens every monday of each month, it was exciting as we went home from school."

When i was at high school, we used to see the Vulcan bomber flying it's patrol

By *loswingersCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

Well it’s certainly been colder than normal this past few months , and more snow forecast this coming weekend

By *otSoNewWalesCoupleCouple  over a year ago

South Wales

We've effectively been 'at war' for sometime, only in cyberspace.

I forget the figure, but the amount of cyber attacks from China and Russia run into the millions.

These days you don't need tanks, planes and bombs to launch into a 'hot war', you just need to cripple an enemy's communications, economy, industry, government, power and utilities etc online.

Imagine the chaos and damage to our economy if our telecomms go offline or our energy supply is turned off.

I've been thinking about prepping for the apocalypse recently.Seems prudent in these strange times .Ive got. an axe and a four candles so far.

By *ollyGWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

"I've been thinking about prepping for the apocalypse recently.Seems prudent in these strange times .Ive got. an axe and a four candles so far. "

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

As others have said, the Cold War never really stopped. It’s just changed In regards to being more cyber based these days. I don’t think we sudently need to panic ‘oh no there’s going to be another Cold War’

Just keep your money out of the banks and stuff it under your mattress

ya waiting for the snow to hit this weekend and I am ready to make more snow ball this time to attack my neighbor

By *hatYorkLadMan  over a year ago

York

"Once we drop out of the EU we'll suddenly have no allies to call on.

"

We're still a member of NATO without being in the EU. If Article 5 is invoked then every NATO signatory is involved.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Wasn't worried about the last one tbh, mind you I had my noddy kit then..

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

"

The EU doesn't deal with security, we are a member of NATO, and the founding premise is that, if one member is attacked, its classed as an attack on all NATO members, so we will do fine.

"NATO has added new members seven times since its founding in 1949, and since 2017 NATO has had 29 members. Twelve countries were part of the founding of NATO: Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Iceland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, the United Kingdom, and the United States. In 1952, Greece and Turkey became members of the Alliance, joined later by West Germany (in 1955) and Spain (in 1982). In 1990, with the reunification of Germany, NATO grew to include the former country of East Germany. Between 1994 and 1997, wider forums for regional cooperation between NATO and its neighbors were set up, including the Partnership for Peace, the Mediterranean Dialogue initiative and the Euro-Atlantic Partnership Council. In 1997, three former Warsaw Pact countries, Hungary, the Czech Republic, and Poland, were invited to join NATO. After this fourth enlargement in 1999, the Vilnius group of The Baltics and seven East European countries formed in May 2000 to cooperate and lobby for further NATO membership. Seven of these countries joined in the fifth enlargement in 2004. The Adriatic States Albania and Croatia joined in the sixth enlargement in 2009, Montenegro in 2017."

"You should watch the documentary about him that was on BBC2 recently. Quite scary, looking at the psychology behind his actions and how basically the longer he goes unchallenged the more unhinged he could become.

It scares the shit out of me if I'm honest."

I think he's another Hitler bit more calculated tho and powerful we are definitely building up to something very scary

By *isty286Couple  over a year ago

Dorset

Not so sure it's going to be a cold one, if they are using nerve agents on our soil, they are being very aggressive, we have some despotic allies these days, Trump in particular, dig in now and buy lots of bottled water, I think we should form a FAB survivors group and all go into an underground shelter and shag ourselves into a post apocalyptic future.

"Not so sure it's going to be a cold one, if they are using nerve agents on our soil, they are being very aggressive, we have some despotic allies these days, Trump in particular, dig in now and buy lots of bottled water, I think we should form a FAB survivors group and all go into an underground shelter and shag ourselves into a post apocalyptic future. "
I'm game for that

"

when was the last time Britain was a 'World power" ???

By *isaB45Woman  over a year ago

Fabville

Never mind a Cold War...we're heading for a Cold Weekend

No one could prove it was Russia who attacked that British spy, I have a feeling this is a planned play by other powerful nation (may be USA), just to trigger animosity between Putin and other nations and then try to impose more restriction on Russia... This is just international political game...

Putin is busy in his election, so he will not give shit about this incident, I am sure as he did in past he will not going to be worried about any threat from any other countries..

By the way the guy who got attacked by the nerve agent is a spy, so who knows what he was up to, may be by attacking him they may have spoiled some kind of British secret project against Russia .. we come to know only what media is saying to us... and they always don't say the truth..

"No one could prove it was Russia who attacked that British spy, I have a feeling this is a planned play by other powerful nation (may be USA), just to trigger animosity between Putin and other nations and then try to impose more restriction on Russia... This is just international political game...

Putin is busy in his election, so he will not give shit about this incident, I am sure as he did in past he will not going to be worried about any threat from any other countries..

By the way the guy who got attacked by the nerve agent is a spy, so who knows what he was up to, may be by attacking him they may have spoiled some kind of British secret project against Russia .. we come to know only what media is saying to us... and they always don't say the truth.."

wasn't he a Russian spy??? And maybe they disposed of him as he couldn't be trusted??? As he could of informed the British government what Putin's plans was !!! I'm not sure but I don't like the guy

"No one could prove it was Russia who attacked that British spy, I have a feeling this is a planned play by other powerful nation (may be USA), just to trigger animosity between Putin and other nations and then try to impose more restriction on Russia... This is just international political game...

By the way the guy who got attacked by the nerve agent is a spy, so who knows what he was up to, may be by attacking him they may have spoiled some kind of British secret project against Russia .. we come to know only what media is saying to us... and they always don't say the truth..wasn't he a Russian spy??? And maybe they disposed of him as he couldn't be trusted??? As he could of informed the British government what Putin's plans was !!! I'm not sure but I don't like the guy "

You think British gov would allow him to stay here if he was Russian Spy? he was double agent... very naughty guy.... lol It is media keep saying Russian Spy.. he is Russian citizen but worked for British.. as i said very naughty fella..

By *hatYorkLadMan  over a year ago

York

Also in the last major war in Europe it was all the other EU countries that needed help from us (and the yanks and canadians) after the Wehrmacht steamrolled over them all. Our military has been sadly reduced over the last few decades but compared to other European armies we are still very capable and effective. Russia is not as invincible as people think, the UK wouldn't be able to fight them alone but NATO as a whole would give them a wallop if it went kinetic. Unless nuclear weapons got involved, then both sides would just wipe each other out.

By *elly39devonCouple  over a year ago

tavistock

nice

By *est Wales WifeCouple  over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

"Also in the last major war in Europe it was all the other EU countries that needed help from us (and the yanks and canadians) "

Neatly forgetting that it was Russia who paid the biggest price. In the Western popular imagination, particularly the American one, World War II is a conflict we won.

In fact the Soviet Union bore the brunt of the Nazi war machine and played perhaps the most important role in the Allies' defeat of Hitler. By one calculation, for every single American soldier killed fighting the Germans, 80 Soviet soldiers died doing the same.

Max Hastings (Historian) wrote "It was the Western Allies’ extreme good fortune that the Russians, and not themselves, paid almost the entire ‘butcher’s bill’ for [defeating Nazi Germany], accepting 95 per cent of the military casualties of the three major powers of the Grand Alliance".

And there in lies the rub people are believing the narrative of the UK government. God knows why, remember the dodgy dossier and Iraq?

There is no evidence of Russian involvement in recent events in Salisbury (true it can't be ruled out) but it could be down to many others for many reasons. Please don't start believing what the UK government want you to believe. There are way more aggressive countries than Russia out there. Start with America, Israel and the good old UK.

By the way the guy who got attacked by the nerve agent is a spy, so who knows what he was up to, may be by attacking him they may have spoiled some kind of British secret project against Russia .. we come to know only what media is saying to us... and they always don't say the truth.."

It all seems dodgy as fuck and great timing.

Its the rich people who start wars because it a money making thing war

Same old Cold War, it just got upgraded..

takes the heat off kim

"

It's never ended!!

I hope so

Don't know about war but we are definitely heading into a cold weekend

As stated, we never came out of one.

We simply dance around each others political and economic differences, and our country gets up to exactly the same stuff.

By *ubmissiveman8520Man  over a year ago

Swansea

The cold war never really finished it's just heating back up

By *ary_ArgyllMan  over a year ago

Argyll

"With russia? I think we are. I remember back in the 80s were we heard the sirens every monday of each month, it was exciting as we went home from school."

Where the heck were you living - I don't remember any sirens in the 1980s or perhaps my small seaside town was just expendable!

By *isty286Couple  over a year ago

Dorset

"

We are dropping the EU not our membership of NATO.

If we were attacked we would be on our own !

Where was NATO and the Yanks during the Falklands ?

France ? Oh yes they were busy giving Exocets to the Argentinians !

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

To be honest a 'cold war' is not something to be concerned about. In fact a cold war may well be just what we need.

'Cold war' = Siege economy = Exponential growth of manufacturing = Employment = increased activity = higher tax revenues. Which if not diverted to the wealthy but are reinvested in the country means renewal of infrastructure and even more jobs and economic growth.

The thing we really need to be worried about is a 'hot war'!

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

"If we were attacked we would be on our own !

Where was NATO and the Yanks during the Falklands ?

France ? Oh yes they were busy giving Exocets to the Argentinians !"

We didn't need or ask for NATO help.

The Argentines were using British made weapons and ammunition.

» Add a new message to this topic