FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Strong Government and Strong Leaders

Strong Government and Strong Leaders

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

The UK is crying out for a strong leader and the world knows that the UK is weak, with a weak leader and government.

This is not only just now Theresa May, we have had consistent weak MP's and weak leaders

Edward Samuel Miliband "say no more" !!

Jeremy Corbyn "say no more"

Nick Clegg "say no more"

Which MP do you consider could make a "strong leader" regardless of party, a leader that would run the party well.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

Time to skip a generation and look at the rising stars - I cannot see any stand-outs in any party of the current crop.

An outside bet would Sadiq Khan.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Strong leaders are not really useful anymore. The old western model of the nation state is starting to become less effective as we enter the cyber age.

Intelligent leaders who use less rhetoric and operate more like doctors eg (evidence based medicine) and are willing to embrace direct democracy would be needed if the democratic west is to survive.

What's actually needed is better government - but more efficient government is subject to someones political prference and national combined with world view.

Please don't anyone propose saint Nicola

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

Snowflake citizens who are afraid of the world around them cry out for “strong” leaders. Perhaps such people are just so incapable of thinking for themselves that they feel more secure being controlled and subjugated by a strong leader?

I feel we don't need a strong leader but one that can unify a divided country.

Although nobody comes to mind.So the divide would appear to be growing.

"I feel we don't need a strong leader but one that can unify a divided country.

"

I agree, no one seems capable. Lots of people I could think of who are entirely unsuitable.

"Snowflake citizens who are afraid of the world around them cry out for “strong” leaders. Perhaps such people are just so incapable of thinking for themselves that they feel more secure being controlled and subjugated by a strong leader?"

Freedom of education, freedom of speech, and the scientific method are pillars upon which wwe can make the need for 'strong leaders' redundant, and replace the expression with effective governors.

"Snowflake citizens who are afraid of the world around them cry out for “strong” leaders. Perhaps such people are just so incapable of thinking for themselves that they feel more secure being controlled and subjugated by a strong leader?

Freedom of education, freedom of speech, and the scientific method are pillars upon which wwe can make the need for 'strong leaders' redundant, and replace the expression with effective governors. "

Yes true .I can't wait for the day we have a leader who uses the scientific method over empty party political Rhetoric.

By *ilk_TreMan  over a year ago

Wherever the party is!

"Snowflake citizens who are afraid of the world around them cry out for “strong” leaders. Perhaps such people are just so incapable of thinking for themselves that they feel more secure being controlled and subjugated by a strong leader?

Freedom of education, freedom of speech, and the scientific method are pillars upon which wwe can make the need for 'strong leaders' redundant, and replace the expression with effective governors.

Yes true .I can't wait for the day we have a leader who uses the scientific method over empty party political Rhetoric. "

Except the general public doesn't respect or understand science. In times of trouble, they would rather hear a politician say that "we pray that everyone is safe" than "we are applying resource (x) because research shows (y)". The channel will flick over to Jeremy Kyle faster than you can say "education cuts".

anyone think in todays climate William Hague would do a better job than Theresa May?

I don't think anyone could do a good job dealing with the Brexit cluster fuck

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"The UK is crying out for a strong leader and the world knows that the UK is weak, with a weak leader and government.

This is not only just now Theresa May, we have had consistent weak MP's and weak leaders

Edward Samuel Miliband "say no more" !!

Jeremy Corbyn "say no more"

Nick Clegg "say no more"

Which MP do you consider could make a "strong leader" regardless of party, a leader that would run the party well."

I agree we do need a strong leader and sadly cannot see anyone in any of thee parties,I hope there is one on the back benches we do not know about yet.

upton wirral

Yes true .I can't wait for the day we have a leader who uses the scientific method over empty party political Rhetoric. "

Best joke of the week

upton wirral

"I feel we don't need a strong leader but one that can unify a divided country.

"

That would take a strong leader

By *ilk_TreMan  over a year ago

Wherever the party is!

"anyone think in todays climate William Hague would do a better job than Theresa May?"

Who?

Yes true .I can't wait for the day we have a leader who uses the scientific method over empty party political Rhetoric. Best joke of the week"

And why is that?

You get cancer - who do turn to the witch doctor who gives you nice words and says they'll do 'X' but wont. Or do you turn to the Doctor and his clinical team equpit with the latest in evidence based medicine.

Think of society like a human body and our government as the doctors.

[Removed by poster at 19/03/18 07:54:06]

Teresa May is a lovely lady just not sure she’s a hard enough women for PM.. I’m sure She will get a good deal from the EU though which will be her main task.

I like Jacob Rees-Mogg for Pm.. Boris Johnson will be good but I think more as deputy..

"Teresa May is a lovely lady just not sure she’s a hard enough women for PM.. I’m sure She will get a good deal from the EU though which will be her main task.

I like Jacob Rees-Mogg for Pm.. Boris Johnson will be good but I think more as deputy..

"

Due to his strict Catholic beliefs, Jacob Rees-Mogg admitted on ITV's Good Morning Britain that he did not support abortion even in the case of r a p e and I n c e s t

that alone would stop him getting anywhere close to PM land.

By *agermeisterMan  over a year ago

Leeds

Stalin?

Hitler?

Mao?

Gengis?

Thatcher?

They were all 'strong leaders'

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I'd pick an intelligent, competent leader any day. It rules out the swivel-eyed, frothing headcases in the conservatives who are waiting in the wing for the position of PM.

The Greens and Labour appear the most able, ready for the substantial challenges ahead.

Jeremy Corbyn is particularly suited imo, to lead a battered country away from its fractured recent past.

"I'd pick an intelligent, competent leader any day. It rules out the swivel-eyed, frothing headcases in the conservatives who are waiting in the wing for the position of PM.

The Greens and Labour appear the most able, ready for the substantial challenges ahead.

Jeremy Corbyn is particularly suited imo, to lead a battered country away from its fractured recent past."

Corbyn would be on his knees sucking Putin's cock on first meet

» Add a new message to this topic