FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Would the Break up Of the UK Really be That Bad ?

Would the Break up Of the UK Really be That Bad ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

This is no longer so far fetched !

Your thoughts ?

My position as most know on here is Clear !

I would like An independent England !

If the other 3 want to remain as the U K or go it alone , no Problem ??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

The problem with that, is what would happen next?

Would London be happy "subsiding" Cornwall?

Once you have a split, the split doesn't stop until you have a complete fracturing.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

they only ever talk about bad things re brexit

i bet with a big B theres a million good things that far outway the bad

im brexit all the way .

shame we havent a strong businessman like trump dealing with it ,putin even , as they dont take any shit ..

That hasn't happened in other new countries in Europe, as far as I know, that they've actually sub-divided.

And is there a real appetite for England on its own? I ask this genuinely.

I'm not sure how England on its own would cope without the rest of its empire. I suspect it would feel castrated and without purpose and power. It's a perception thing- Ireland has craic, Scotland has scenery and whisky, Wales has rugby and passion (and rain...), England has....Morris dancing. Point made

By *inkyHnSCouple  over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

Am all for all 4 countries in the UK becoming independent

Its now time to stand on our own two feet and govern ourselfs

No more Westminster rule!!!!!

The UK is not fair and equal its outdated piece of piss

England should go it alone and London should be a special economic zone.Corwall should have devolved power same for any region of England.Devolution and separation will give greater autonomy and accountability.

"England should go it alone and London should be a special economic zone.Corwall should have devolved power same for any region of England.Devolution and separation will give greater autonomy and accountability.

"

He He , hi Bob

Sorry should of said 5 Country's !

Historically Cornwall has a Case !

And would probably be quite Happy !

The Channel isles and isles of Man Status does confuse me tho ?

Are they part of the Uk ?

If so ?

Why no Mps ?

"England should go it alone and London should be a special economic zone.Corwall should have devolved power same for any region of England.Devolution and separation will give greater autonomy and accountability.

He He , hi Bob

Sorry should of said 5 Country's !

Historically Cornwall has a Case !

And would probably be quite Happy !

The Channel isles and isles of Man Status does confuse me tho ?

Are they part of the Uk ?

If so ?

Why no Mps ?"

Cornwall historically had the ability to veto all acts of parliament..

The Council of Elrond

An Act of parilament is NOT law people know your rights

Did you ever give them consent ?

You all stand under "Common law" as known as the law of the land

If you commit a crime under ( loss , harm or damage) they you are breaking the law

But tell me where you gave consent on an act of parilament ?

"This is no longer so far fetched !

Your thoughts ?

If the other 3 want to remain as the U K or go it alone , no Problem ??"

So what do you feel you would gain by this ? what would you get what you are being denied now?

The Council of Elrond

Your thoughts ?

So what do you feel you would gain by this ? what would you get what you are being denied now?"

So what is England getting right now under the UK union ?

Your thoughts ?

So what do you feel you would gain by this ? what would you get what you are being denied now?

So what is England getting right now under the UK union ?"

That is not the question.

The question is what would England get by being independant that it does not get now... please try and keep up

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"they only ever talk about bad things re brexit

i bet with a big B theres a million good things that far outway the bad

im brexit all the way .

shame we havent a strong businessman like trump dealing with it ,putin even , as they dont take any shit .."

Putting a stupid ignorant person in government isn't a good solution

A failed business person would not bode well, when they have used unscrupulous means to defraud suppliers, taxes etc

There doesn't need to be a break, even with local government autonomy, it's all about how intelligence is used, for democratic leadership. Hence not electing someone stupid and immoral.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

My view is for what it is worth that as a small island we should remain as one,it has worked well for a long time.Also with brexit happening it is better for us to stay together.Scotland and Wales could not stand alone as they need our help now and they cannot just go back into the EU even if they want to.

N Ireland is different as it is part of Ireland as an island and this is so complex I will not even try to answer this and not sure it can be solved sadly.at least not now

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

Does not seem to have turned out too bad for the former Russian states.....maybe the old's had it right with the wall.

.dividing the Scots from us English...lets see how long the poison dwarf woman would last x

The Council of Elrond

"My view is for what it is worth that as a small island we should remain as one,it has worked well for a long time.Also with brexit happening it is better for us to stay together.Scotland and Wales could not stand alone as they need our help now and they cannot just go back into the EU even if they want to.

N Ireland is different as it is part of Ireland as an island and this is so complex I will not even try to answer this and not sure it can be solved sadly.at least not now"

You said " Scotland and Wales could not stand alone as they need our help "

Question who are you refering too when you say " need our help" ?

"My view is for what it is worth that as a small island we should remain as one,it has worked well for a long time.Also with brexit happening it is better for us to stay together.Scotland and Wales could not stand alone as they need our help now and they cannot just go back into the EU even if they want to.

N Ireland is different as it is part of Ireland as an island and this is so complex I will not even try to answer this and not sure it can be solved sadly.at least not now

Question who are you refering too when you say " need our help" ?"

Westminster

England would have greater wealth and ,tax revenue could be spent locally in devolved regions..

Grantham

"England would have greater wealth and ,tax revenue could be spent locally in devolved regions..

"

Get us simple Fenland folk a good deal, and I'll give you a high six

The Council of Elrond

Westminster "

Oh my we in Scotland need 500+ English mps telling us whats best for Scotland eh lol

Its as if your saying Scotland makes no revenue and pays no tax we need Westminster rule eh lmao

Smaller countries than Scotland are independent and doing just fine

Oh but no Scotland is far too fucking poor to be ever independent

"England would have greater wealth and ,tax revenue could be spent locally in devolved regions..

Get us simple Fenland folk a good deal, and I'll give you a high six "

You can have everything beyond the wall all the sea all the land and oil and the fish.You can travel back and fourth into England freely.So can we of course . It'll be great for everyone.

Your thoughts ?

The question is what would England get by being independant that it does not get now... please try and keep up "

Yuve Answered it yourself !

Independence !

Would the Yanks want to be joined with Mexico and Canada ?

No !

Westminster

Oh my we in Scotland need 500+ English mps telling us whats best for Scotland eh lol

Its as if your saying Scotland makes no revenue and pays no tax we need Westminster rule eh lmao

Smaller countries than Scotland are independent and doing just fine

"

Oh no your not lol

perhaps the Snp should Encourage an ENP ?

Get us simple Fenland folk a good deal, and I'll give you a high six You can have everything beyond the wall all the sea all the land and oil and the fish.You can travel back and fourth into England freely.So can we of course . It'll be great for everyone."

Didn't You Englanders Give The Sea Away

upton wirral

Question who are you refering too when you say " need our help" ?"

You serious?

The Council of Elrond

Question who are you refering too when you say " need our help" ?You serious?"

Yes waiting in the answer

Dont say UK as Scotland and Wales are in the UK duh

I hope your not gonna say England lol

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

N Ireland is different as it is part of Ireland as an island and this is so complex I will not even try to answer this and not sure it can be solved sadly.at least not now"

English arrogance at its best... “They have no say, they need our help.”

£100 says this poster voted for Brexit.

The Council of Elrond

£100 says this poster voted for Brexit."

"

"

You said it, not me

Your thoughts ?

The question is what would England get by being independant that it does not get now... please try and keep up Yuve Answered it yourself !

Independence !

No !

"

That's just a word "indepedance" ... what would this word "independance" give you that you don't already have ?

To want something then that something has to be tangible , a word isn't tangible.

Or do you see the UK Government as being an "occupying force" of a Government, suppressing what a English Government would do that would make your life better ?

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

i would absolutely be for regional assemblies..... but not for the break up of the uk....

there are matters that can be better off done at a more regional basis....

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

The question is what would England get by being independant that it does not get now... please try and keep up Yuve Answered it yourself !

Independence !

No !

"

but the yanks as you call them have a state structure and a national structure... and most stuff that effect peoples daily lives are dealt with at state level.......

"

No !

"

They probably would if your comparison was actually a propper comparison

England & Scotland joined together for a reason disolving both Parliments and creating a new combined Parliment.

"James VI and I (James Charles Stuart; 19 June 1566 – 27 March 1625) was King of Scotland as James VI from 24 July 1567 and King of England and Ireland as James I from the union of the Scottish and English crowns on 24 March 1603 until his death in 1625. The kingdoms of Scotland and England were individual sovereign states, with their own parliaments, judiciaries, and laws, though both were ruled by James in personal union.

"

So, if anything, the English we're taken over by a Scott lol

upton wirral

£100 says this poster voted for Brexit."

Yes did vote brexit and proud of it,your the arrogant one my friend

Your thoughts ?

Independence !

No !

That's just a word "indepedance" ... what would this word "independance" give you that you don't already have ?

To want something then that something has to be tangible , a word isn't tangible.

Or do you see the UK Government as being an "occupying force" of a Government, suppressing what a English Government would do that would make your life better ?"

Yes !!!

Interesting, what do you think would improve, or is it just less money to Scotland hence more could be spent per person in England, which would be true at the moment ?

"Interesting, what do you think would improve, or is it just less money to Scotland hence more could be spent per person in England, which would be true at the moment ?"
we would have a Country that we all want to be part of !

Not a country were 2 of the others boo our uk Anthem as they mistakenly think it's an English Anthem at sporting events .

Money wise yes !

I suspect England would be better off

Also a clear majority happy with Brexit !

"Interesting, what do you think would improve, or is it just less money to Scotland hence more could be spent per person in England, which would be true at the moment ? we would have a Country that we all want to be part of !

Not a country were 2 of the others boo our uk Anthem as they mistakenly think it's an English Anthem at sporting events .

Money wise yes !

Also a clear majority happy with Brexit !"

Valid points indeed

I know Scotland is currently a drain on the UK , No idea about Wales & NI

"Interesting, what do you think would improve, or is it just less money to Scotland hence more could be spent per person in England, which would be true at the moment ? we would have a Country that we all want to be part of !

Money wise yes !

The Irish and the Scots have been a political pain in the arse for as long as anyone can remember.Set them free I say!

The Welsh I think should be allowed to stay with the English if they want,and the Cornish give them a choice.Stay or go.

The Council of Elrond

Money wise yes !

Also a clear majority happy with Brexit !

Valid points indeed

I know Scotland is currently a drain on the UK , No idea about Wales & NI "

Oh we are damn drain on England eh but the Tories want to keep Scotland in the UK eh strange why would a party that is all for the rich want to keep a country that drains England eh

Oh my we must not have any revenue in Scotland ?

By *mwstaffsMan  over a year ago

brownhills

[Removed by poster at 21/03/18 18:15:38]

only time im in England is when catching a flight from Heathrow out of England

Heathrow is not a nice place

" !

Yeah, I agree, we should dump the junk and crack on

Scotland will go bust within 5 years, the EU will not let Scotland join the European Union.

We might have to get Trump to build us a wall using Scottish money while we sit back and reap the fruits of Scottish indy

[Removed by poster at 22/03/18 07:15:17]

Scotland most definately should be an independent country, you could bet your last penny if the myth were true about being subsidised we would have been cast adrift long ago, only country in the world to have oil on its doorstep and end up poorer as a result, brilliant mismanagement that has been from westmonster,bring on the breakup of the uk which was only started as a land grab by the richest in the land at the time anyway

"Scotland most definately should be an independent country, you could bet your last penny if the myth were true about being subsidised we would have been cast adrift long ago, only country in the world to have oil on its doorstep and end up poorer as a result, brilliant mismanagement that has been from westmonster,bring on the breakup of the uk which was only started as a land grab by the richest in the land at the time anyway "

Scotland is not the only country in the world to have oil on its doorstep and end up poorer as a result. Iraq, Libya, Venezuela are in a worse state than Scotland.

Stop pretending you're worse off than you actually are!

Grantham

"Scotland most definately should be an independent country, you could bet your last penny if the myth were true about being subsidised we would have been cast adrift long ago, only country in the world to have oil on its doorstep and end up poorer as a result, brilliant mismanagement that has been from westmonster,bring on the breakup of the uk which was only started as a land grab by the richest in the land at the time anyway "

You need to research the "Barnett myth".

Dont need to, scotland puts more into the uk than it ever gets back

"Scotland most definately should be an independent country, you could bet your last penny if the myth were true about being subsidised we would have been cast adrift long ago, only country in the world to have oil on its doorstep and end up poorer as a result, brilliant mismanagement that has been from westmonster,bring on the breakup of the uk which was only started as a land grab by the richest in the land at the time anyway

Scotland is not the only country in the world to have oil on its doorstep and end up poorer as a result. Iraq, Libya, Venezuela are in a worse state than Scotland.

Stop pretending you're worse off than you actually are!"

Maybe because two out of three of those countries have been bombed to fukkery because theyve got oil, is it a reason not to be independent in case the yanks get war happy and send in their wee westmonster lapdog to do their dirty work?

"Scotland most definately should be an independent country, you could bet your last penny if the myth were true about being subsidised we would have been cast adrift long ago, only country in the world to have oil on its doorstep and end up poorer as a result, brilliant mismanagement that has been from westmonster,bring on the breakup of the uk which was only started as a land grab by the richest in the land at the time anyway

Maybe because two out of three of those countries have been bombed to fukkery because theyve got oil, is it a reason not to be independent in case the yanks get war happy and send in their wee westmonster lapdog to do their dirty work? "

Do you still maintain Scotland is the only country in the world to have oil on its doorstep and end up poorer as a result?

Maybe because two out of three of those countries have been bombed to fukkery because theyve got oil, is it a reason not to be independent in case the yanks get war happy and send in their wee westmonster lapdog to do their dirty work?

Do you still maintain Scotland is the only country in the world to have oil on its doorstep and end up poorer as a result?"

Yes as due to government mismanagement, not outside forces such as war or totally corrupt regimes

Do you still maintain Scotland is the only country in the world to have oil on its doorstep and end up poorer as a result?

Yes as due to government mismanagement, not outside forces such as war or totally corrupt regimes "

Always the victim...

Yes as due to government mismanagement, not outside forces such as war or totally corrupt regimes

Always the victim..."

Cant beat a sarky answer when all else fails eh...typical english cunt(see what I did there)

Always the victim...

Cant beat a sarky answer when all else fails eh...typical english cunt(see what I did there) "

English cunt?

On the subject of land grabs...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darien_scheme

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"Scotland will go bust within 5 years, the EU will not let Scotland join the European Union.

We might have to get Trump to build us a wall using Scottish money while we sit back and reap the fruits of Scottish indy

"

Why would the EU not let Scotland join? There are economies of an equivalent (and smaller) size already in the EU.

It would be a significant coup for the Scots to become/remain in the EU whilst their idiotic neighbours to the south, fight amongst each other and snarl and lash out at others in ever increasing desperation as their influence in the world dissipates with each passing day.

"Scotland will go bust within 5 years, the EU will not let Scotland join the European Union.

Why would the EU not let Scotland join? There are economies of an equivalent (and smaller) size already in the EU.

It would be a significant coup for the Scots to become/remain in the EU whilst their idiotic neighbours to the south, fight amongst each other and snarl and lash out at others in ever increasing desperation as their influence in the world dissipates with each passing day."

think of all the business's / corporations which would move North to bonny Scotland

"Dont need to, scotland puts more into the uk than it ever gets back "

Sometimes it has, sometimes it has not.

Last data I can find from Full Fact states currently as of end 2016 Scotland gets more back than it puts in since 2012 to 2016

"

Cant beat a sarky answer when all else fails eh...typical english cunt"

Ooff! even I don't stoop that low

"

It would be a significant coup for the Scots to become/remain in the EU whilst their idiotic neighbours to the south, fight amongst each other and snarl and lash out at others in ever increasing desperation as their influence in the world dissipates with each passing day."

Hey, The EU might even let Scotland in just to piss the UK off

Grantham

The obvious answer is Scotland doesn't meet the entry criteria.

It would be a significant coup for the Scots to become/remain in the EU whilst their idiotic neighbours to the south, fight amongst each other and snarl and lash out at others in ever increasing desperation as their influence in the world dissipates with each passing day.

The obvious answer is Scotland doesn't meet the entry criteria."

Not meeting the entry criteria is no reason not to let Scotland join the EU.

In 2001, they let Greece join the Euro after it fudged the budget deficit figures to be much lower than it really was.

In 2003, France and Germany had both overspent, and their budget deficits had exceeded the 3% of GDP limit to which they were legally bound. Were they fined? No! EU finance ministers voted to let France and Germany off.

whats a few quid between mate eh lol

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

As has been said many times before on here you really think Spain are going to let an Independent Scotland join the EU and give the green light to Catelonia? Think again there is no way Spain wants an independent Scotland joining the EU.

By *ustJ0dieTV/TS  over a year ago

Burton-on-Trent

As has been said many times before on here you really think Spain are going to let an Independent Scotland join the EU and give the green light to Catelonia? Think again there is no way Spain wants an independent Scotland joining the EU. "

I think the EU would welcome an independent Scotland into the EU just to annoy rUK.

The Council of Elrond

If Scotland have a binding referendum abd vote yes to independence that is the democratic wishes if the Scottish sovereign people

Spain would be mental to try and veto an independent country that democratic voted for independence

What you saying is you think Spain will punish Scotland for supporting Catalonia that would be sick and very sad that trying to punish a country thst democratically voted for independence

Anyway we all know Spains true veto is Gibalter lol not Scotland nice try lol

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

We need an independent Wessex with its capital in Winchester again!

upton wirral

"

Hee hee hee

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

No, you don't understand the nation state, it doesn't care if one part is poorer, it only care about territorial integrity. Do you think Alaska brings in as much money as New York state? No, it's the biggest recipient of federal aid in the whole of the US.

Would an independent Scotland get rid of the islands because they have to be subsidised by the mainland?

Oil? Don't make me laugh, it's so heavily subsidised that it was a net DRAIN on the treasury last year, it COST the tax payers money to have a oil "industry". I'm more than happy for that money to come out of Scottish Parliament budgets, rather than the UK treasury.

Chudleigh

How about ”Mercia for the Mercian’s”, or “Now is the time for Northumbria”!? Or the “Kingdom of the Isles returns to Norway”.

Does any of it make sense, or is it just a minority adjitating for something the vast majority don’t want?

The UK as an entity makes sense, breaking it up does not. At least in my opinion - notice no attempt to claim any facts, just expressing an opinion, informed by a little history.

If we all went independent the one thing we should keep is our military, although would be loads of problems with that, but has to be kept, look what snp wanted to do if we had went with independence, one of big reasons I voted no

Better together on a whole I think not done too badly so far

By *ubiousOatcakeMan  over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

In theory, I’m pro-independence. However, I’d like to see more parties in charge before I’m convinced it would work in practice.

The SNP are a great party in opposition (see Westminster since the last GE) but a terrible party in power. I have voted SNP (amongst other things) in the past, but would be unlikely to vote for them in an independent Scotland.

I understand why people don’t like the party, although most of the complaints would be better levelled at some of the supporters than the MPs and MSPs themselves.

(As an aside, if you don’t understand why some people want Scotland out of the UK but in the EU, I don’t think you understand the difference between those two unions.)

Way back at the referendum i figured that Scots would be better off & eventually the English too; okay but now brexit makes that more complicated.

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Firstly, Northern Ireland would get annoyed, they want to stay British.

Fair play to them.

There will never be an independent England.

I am sure Wales has a thought about that.

Scotland, decided to stay with us.

A United Kingdom we stay.

Wonder wat life would be like if we never all joined together? might not even be speaking English now if we hadn’t

Chudleigh

"Wonder wat life would be like if we never all joined together? might not even be speaking English now if we hadn’t "

Did you want to go back to 1482, 1472, 843 or earlier? Clearly a wide range of language options would also have been available to you ; )

I’d say French, they would have invaded us one by one until the Germans came knocking

If we never joined together

Your thoughts ?

If the other 3 want to remain as the U K or go it alone , no Problem ??"

what you would like, and what you get are two different things

You will never see an independent England, so you best get used to it

Your thoughts ?

You will never see an independent England, so you best get used to it "

We might if the Scots break away ??

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Your thoughts ?

You will never see an independent England, so you best get used to it We might if the Scots break away ??"

Scotland understand and recognise the importance of the Union.

Regardless of who is in power in Scotland.

Your thoughts ?

You will never see an independent England, so you best get used to it We might if the Scots break away ??"

That also will never happen, far to many gutless in Scotland, the only country in the World to run away from the chance of Independence

Or we know it’s better to stick with somthing that hasn’t been bad for all of us

"Or we know it’s better to stick with somthing that hasn’t been bad for all of us"

cause you will never know what its like to be part of history and experience the Independence of Scotland

how do you know "it hasn't been that bad" when you have never experienced Independence!!

Stockholm syndrome perhaps

we would have been screwed, England and Wales too

Your thoughts ?

You will never see an independent England, so you best get used to it We might if the Scots break away ??

That also will never happen, far to many gutless in Scotland, the only country in the World to run away from the chance of Independence "

it all might if we had a UK vote on it ?

"Or we know it’s better to stick with somthing that hasn’t been bad for all of us

cause you will never know what its like to be part of history and experience the Independence of Scotland

how do you know "it hasn't been that bad" when you have never experienced Independence!!

Stockholm syndrome perhaps "

or it could be shite !!!!

I am a realist still waiting on that breakthrough moment when some one answers the difficult questions posed in the last indy ref.

» Add a new message to this topic