FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Foreign Aid ?

Foreign Aid ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

If the story about an African Goverment who we give aid to , has really given Arsenal £30 million

Then it's time this was looked into !

I don't object to helping countries who need it

But more scrutiny and betted targeting needed I think .

Surprised no thread on this already .

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *xplicitlyricsMan  over a year ago

south dublin

Are you trying to claim Arsenal arent a charity case?

"Are you trying to claim Arsenal arent a charity case? "

Lol , I should have seen that coming !

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

"If the story about an African Goverment who we give aid to , has really given Arsenal £30 million

Surprised no thread on this already ."

Was £30m given to the government of that country? Or did DfID spend £30m on aid in the country?

"If the story about an African Goverment who we give aid to , has really given Arsenal £30 million

Was £30m given to the government of that country? Or did DfID spend £30m on aid in the country? "

not sure how much aid ?

But if and I say if ?

The punt given to Asenal in a Sponsorship

deal is £30 million

My point obviously been if a country needs aid they shouldn't be sponsoring a football team !

Thier are lots of country's who really need help !

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

Was £30m given to the government of that country? Or did DfID spend £30m on aid in the country? not sure how much aid ?

But if and I say if ?

deal is £30 million

My point obviously been if a country needs aid they shouldn't be sponsoring a football team !

"

Sorry I was getting mixed up and thought you were saying we had given £30m in aid. My mistake.

But the point that I was trying to make, is that our aid budget isn't given to government, it's spent in a country to support its citizens. A government that is foolish enough to give £30m to a football team in another country, is hardly likely to be looking after it's citizens well.

Was £30m given to the government of that country? Or did DfID spend £30m on aid in the country? not sure how much aid ?

But if and I say if ?

deal is £30 million

Sorry I was getting mixed up and thought you were saying we had given £30m in aid. My mistake.

But the point that I was trying to make, is that our aid budget isn't given to government, it's spent in a country to support its citizens. A government that is foolish enough to give £30m to a football team in another country, is hardly likely to be looking after it's citizens well."

I hadn't realised that . I thought aid money went to the Goverment of the country concerned .

[Removed by poster at 29/05/18 07:29:13]

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

The arse need at least ten times that to get a decent side ...mr arsen was bad ...wait for the next clown ...x

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Surprised no thread on this already ."

It would be helpful to have references for the information you provide, such as the country's expenditure, as well as the details of UK aid. Thanks

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

The country is Rwanda, and they have said that the figure, spread over 3 years, is nowhere near £30 million. They also say that the money is coming from their tourism budget, and not from any aid package.

The fact that the President, Paul Kagame, is a big Arsenal fan must be seen as incidental.!

Central

"The country is Rwanda, and they have said that the figure, spread over 3 years, is nowhere near £30 million. They also say that the money is coming from their tourism budget, and not from any aid package.

The fact that the President, Paul Kagame, is a big Arsenal fan must be seen as incidental.! "

Thanks - that's helpful

Central

It's a tough one - they'd probably have been better if they could have had a lower cost, shorter-term promotional deal with Arsenal. The money has come from their tourism budget, in efforts to increase their tourist numbers. They currently receive approx. £50 million each year from tourist visas to visit their Gorilla area, for example, so their tourist income is a major source of revenue. They've also reduced their reliance on aid over the last 10 years by the looks of it, through promotion and development of their tourism and other areas. Foreign aid is now a minority of the income to the country and it's vastly lower than it had been.

I can see their position and they do have to promote internationally if they are to grow their tourism income: how they do it is really down to the experts and perceived return on their investment. The aid from the UK and elsewhere is not the source of this money, as it's all from tourism.

» Add a new message to this topic