FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Where are all the Left Wing Brexitteers ?

Where are all the Left Wing Brexitteers ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

It's gone silent on the left here .

Thier was support for leave on the left , notably George Galloway and some Unions .

Does any one know how many on the left voted leave ?

What are thier thoughts now ?

How come it's always Asumed you are Right awing if You voted to leave ?

Discuss Nicely Ladies and Gents ??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

There aren't many left wing people here, although there are quite a few centrists who are pro remain who get called "left" by the far right element on this forum.

I think I'm possibly the token left wing brexiteer round here.

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

"There aren't many left wing people here, although there are quite a few centrists who are pro remain who get called "left" by the far right element on this forum.

I think I'm possibly the token left wing brexiteer round here."

We should start calling you token then

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm left wing on monetary policy, fiscal policy, health, military policy, transport and infrastructure.

I'm centrist on education

I'm right wing on crime and especially right wing on punishment.

I'd probably be called far right on immigration despite just wanting tight immigration control and a nazi over my thoughts on Islam

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

It's an interesting point and not one with an easy answer (like the rest of brexit.).

The EU is essentially centrist. On the one hand it promotes free market economics and constrains the ability of Government to intervene in the market (e.g. state aid rules), and on on the other seeks employment protections for workers to protect them from the effects of unfettered capitalism.

I've heard it suggested that Corbyn's disdain for the EU stems from the free market side of the equation, and how those EU rules would hinder his ability to implement his kind of economic reforms and state ownership model.

Im a big believer in free markets until they fail

Dead mostly

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"Dead mostly "

Corbyn is still clinging on (only just though by the look of him).

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"I'm left wing on monetary policy, fiscal policy, health, military policy, transport and infrastructure.

I'd probably be called far right on immigration despite just wanting tight immigration control and a nazi over my thoughts on Islam "

I like your honesty

"It's an interesting point and not one with an easy answer (like the rest of brexit.).

The EU is essentially centrist. On the one hand it promotes free market economics and constrains the ability of Government to intervene in the market (e.g. state aid rules), and on on the other seeks employment protections for workers to protect them from the effects of unfettered capitalism.

I've heard it suggested that Corbyn's disdain for the EU stems from the free market side of the equation, and how those EU rules would hinder his ability to implement his kind of economic reforms and state ownership model.

"

I think that’s the *problem* with the EU. Anyone can find they are against their political leanings. Hence neither being overly pro EU.

Cambridge

"It's an interesting point and not one with an easy answer (like the rest of brexit.).

"

Corbyn doesn't like the EU because the rest of Labour do, his only politics is about being anti whatever anyone else is for.

"I'm left wing on monetary policy, fiscal policy, health, military policy, transport and infrastructure.

I'd probably be called far right on immigration despite just wanting tight immigration control and a nazi over my thoughts on Islam I like your honesty "

Were all Nazis when it comes to Islam, fuck if I went round apologising for shit I say against a religious doctrine I'd have been snuffed out at birth by the Catholic church!.

Immigration is really easy, I've got a polish friend who voted brexit... Why's that I asked, there's to many fucking poles here he said, what's wrong with that I asked, if I wanted to be surrounded by poles I'd have stayed in fucking Poland!.... Fair enough I said,I went to Southport beach the other month(on a bank holiday) , i walked for 30 minutes before hearing an English accent!.

As I said I love foreigners, love the differences,love the languages, love the food ... But I don't fucking live in Eastern Europe and I don't want to live in Eastern Europe (I guess they don't either as nearly all of them are on Southport beach), I've got nothing at all against eastern Europeans (I've yet to personally meet a bad one) but fuck me 30 fucking minutes on a beach in the UK on a bank holiday without hearing one single other English accent, you've got to be shitting me!!

Cambridge

I'd probably be called far right on immigration despite just wanting tight immigration control and a nazi over my thoughts on Islam I like your honesty .

Were all Nazis when it comes to Islam, fuck if I went round apologising for shit I say against a religious doctrine I'd have been snuffed out at birth by the Catholic church!.

Immigration is really easy, I've got a polish friend who voted brexit... Why's that I asked, there's to many fucking poles here he said, what's wrong with that I asked, if I wanted to be surrounded by poles I'd have stayed in fucking Poland!.... Fair enough I said,I went to Southport beach the other month(on a bank holiday) , i walked for 30 minutes before hearing an English accent!.

As I said I love foreigners, love the differences,love the languages, love the food ... But I don't fucking live in Eastern Europe and I don't want to live in Eastern Europe (I guess they don't either as nearly all of them are on Southport beach), I've got nothing at all against eastern Europeans (I've yet to personally meet a bad one) but fuck me 30 fucking minutes on a beach in the UK on a bank holiday without hearing one single other English accent, you've got to be shitting me!!"

Try the Costa del sol instead

I'd probably be called far right on immigration despite just wanting tight immigration control and a nazi over my thoughts on Islam I like your honesty .

As I said I love foreigners, love the differences,love the languages, love the food ... But I don't fucking live in Eastern Europe and I don't want to live in Eastern Europe (I guess they don't either as nearly all of them are on Southport beach), I've got nothing at all against eastern Europeans (I've yet to personally meet a bad one) but fuck me 30 fucking minutes on a beach in the UK on a bank holiday without hearing one single other English accent, you've got to be shitting me!!

Try the Costa del sol instead "

I doubt Eastern Europeans are coming over for a short break in Southport but I could be wrong and you could be right.... Although the chances of that are slim

Cambridge

Try the Costa del sol instead .

I doubt Eastern Europeans are coming over for a short break in Southport but I could be wrong and you could be right.... Although the chances of that are slim "

And you think all the Brits in Spain are on holiday?

Don't get me wrong I've got used to not understanding a few Scousers .

But I said hello good morning to fifty frigging people without one understanding a word I said.. And it leaves me in this awful spot of liking people and disliking where my country's heading, I understand why there here (because I know shit loads from hanging around pubs) .

But I still feel somethings not quite right when I can't make conversation on my own local beach for 30 fucking minutes.

I am also aware that I may just be a middle aged miserable bastard

By *urve BallWoman  over a year ago

North London

As I said I love foreigners, love the differences,love the languages, love the food ... But I don't fucking live in Eastern Europe and I don't want to live in Eastern Europe (I guess they don't either as nearly all of them are on Southport beach), I've got nothing at all against eastern Europeans (I've yet to personally meet a bad one) but fuck me 30 fucking minutes on a beach in the UK on a bank holiday without hearing one single other English accent, you've got to be shitting me!!"

Speak for yourself. We're not *all* nazis when it comes to islam. Some of us have, if nothing else, the decency to recognise that a very small minority of extremists don't define islam as a religion or millions of peaceful muslims as terrorists. Kinda like how a small minority of xenophobes don't define a whole country as racist or millions of Britons as right wing extremists.

Glad to see you "love" foreigners. I'd hate to see how you'd speak about things/people you actually hate. Maybe we'll find out after Brexit, when we get Chinese, Indians, Brazilians etc (soooo many countries in the world...soooo many deals to be done and as many of them have said "what? You want our trade but not our people?") or is that gonna be acceptable as long as they're not Polish, Romanian and all that other Eastern European dirt?

Speak for yourself. We're not *all* nazis when it comes to islam. Some of us have, if nothing else, the decency to recognise that a very small minority of extremists don't define islam as a religion or millions of peaceful muslims as terrorists. Kinda like how a small minority of xenophobes don't define a whole country as racist or millions of Britons as right wing extremists.

Glad to see you "love" foreigners. I'd hate to see how you'd speak about things/people you actually hate. Maybe we'll find out after Brexit, when we get Chinese, Indians, Brazilians etc (soooo many countries in the world...soooo many deals to be done and as many of them have said "what? You want our trade but not our people?") or is that gonna be acceptable as long as they're not Polish, Romanian and all that other Eastern European dirt? "

I'm done arguing about Islam, you either get it or you don't, there's NO RELIGIOUS TEXT that isn't full of what to do with gays, Jews, Muslims and non believers, it's got no place in the 21st century, it's not anything to do with picking on Islam for me, I've picked on the Catholic church for 30 years as well, it's not about picking on Muslim or Catholics either, it's about an organisations political religious doctrine and text.

Call me an Islamaphobe if you like because it's probably a better description,I have a fear of what ISLAM THE RELIGION will do if left unchecked, that's not a unrealistic phobia, you just have to read the history of religions and look around the world today to see those consequences

Newbury

Glad to see you "love" foreigners. I'd hate to see how you'd speak about things/people you actually hate. Maybe we'll find out after Brexit, when we get Chinese, Indians, Brazilians etc (soooo many countries in the world...soooo many deals to be done and as many of them have said "what? You want our trade but not our people?") or is that gonna be acceptable as long as they're not Polish, Romanian and all that other Eastern European dirt? .

I'm done arguing about Islam, you either get it or you don't, there's NO RELIGIOUS TEXT that isn't full of what to do with gays, Jews, Muslims and non believers, it's got no place in the 21st century, it's not anything to do with picking on Islam for me, I've picked on the Catholic church for 30 years as well, it's not about picking on Muslim or Catholics either, it's about an organisations political religious doctrine and text.

Call me an Islamaphobe if you like because it's probably a better description,I have a fear of what ISLAM THE RELIGION will do if left unchecked, that's not a unrealistic phobia, you just have to read the history of religions and look around the world today to see those consequences"

Islam and the church are the political organisations responsible for the dissemination of doctrine.

It is perfectly possible to be anti Islam and anti Church without being anti Muslim or Christian.

I am both atheist and anti theist.

North London

As I said I love foreigners, love the differences,love the languages, love the food ... But I donfofucking live in Eastern Europe and I don't want to live in Eastern Europe (I guess they don't either as nearly all of them are on Southport beach), I've got nothing at all against eastern Europeans (I've yet to personally meet a bad one) but fuck me 30 fucking minutes on a beach in the UK on a bank holiday without hearing one single other English accent, you've got to be shitting me!!

Glad to see you "love" foreigners. I'd hate to see how you'd speak about things/people you actually hate. Maybe we'll find out after Brexit, when we get Chinese, Indians, Brazilians etc (soooo many countries in the world...soooo many deals to be done and as many of them have said "what? You want our trade but not our people?") or is that gonna be acceptable as long as they're not Polish, Romanian and all that other Eastern European dirt? .

Call me an Islamaphobe if you like because it's probably a better description,I have a fear of what ISLAM THE RELIGION will do if left unchecked, that's not a unrealistic phobia, you just have to read the history of religions and look around the world today to see those consequences"

*You* can be whatever *you* like. Free will and everything. But don't include us *all* in thinking like *you* do. *You* can demonise whoever *you* want. From islam to the EU. But, please, let (and allow) others to have/form their own opinions/views.

That's my main issue with Brexiteers on here. For some reason, they think that democracy means it's acceptable to gag anyone who doesn't agree with them/the majority.

I don't know you, I have no issue with you personally. You're probably a really nice person in general. It's just a shame that you seem to think that your opinion matters more than mine and, sadly, this seems to be the case in general on here for others too

As I said I love foreigners, love the differences,love the languages, love the food ... But I donfofucking live in Eastern Europe and I don't want to live in Eastern Europe (I guess they don't either as nearly all of them are on Southport beach), I've got nothing at all against eastern Europeans (I've yet to personally meet a bad one) but fuck me 30 fucking minutes on a beach in the UK on a bank holiday without hearing one single other English accent, you've got to be shitting me!!

Call me an Islamaphobe if you like because it's probably a better description,I have a fear of what ISLAM THE RELIGION will do if left unchecked, that's not a unrealistic phobia, you just have to read the history of religions and look around the world today to see those consequences

*You* can be whatever *you* like. Free will and everything. But don't include us *all* in thinking like *you* do. *You* can demonise whoever *you* want. From islam to the EU. But, please, let (and allow) others to have/form their own opinions/views.

That's my main issue with Brexiteers on here. For some reason, they think that democracy means it's acceptable to gag anyone who doesn't agree with them/the majority.

I don't know you, I have no issue with you personally. You're probably a really nice person in general. It's just a shame that you seem to think that your opinion matters more than mine and, sadly, this seems to be the case in general on here for others too "

Who has used the term ‘blah blah blah waffle waffle’ on this forum in response to someone else’s opinion?

North London

I don't know you, I have no issue with you personally. You're probably a really nice person in general. It's just a shame that you seem to think that your opinion matters more than mine and, sadly, this seems to be the case in general on here for others too

Who has used the term ‘blah blah blah waffle waffle’ on this forum in response to someone else’s opinion?"

Someone who could clearly see that there was no point in continuing a conversation where insults were given instead of answers. I was more than happy to discuss the matter in a civil way with you, hence why I asked you a simple question. Your replies made it obvious that the feeling was not mutual. Therefore, I ended the conversation with a no-content term, kinda like (but more respectful than) your replies to me If you couldn't see that, then the chip on your shoulder needs addressing.

Who has used the term ‘blah blah blah waffle waffle’ on this forum in response to someone else’s opinion?

Someone who could clearly see that there was no point in continuing a conversation where insults were given instead of answers. I was more than happy to discuss the matter in a civil way with you, hence why I asked you a simple question. Your replies made it obvious that the feeling was not mutual. Therefore, I ended the conversation with a no-content term, kinda like (but more respectful than) your replies to me If you couldn't see that, then the chip on your shoulder needs addressing."

Lol, what did I say that was disrespectful?

Islam and the church are the political organisations responsible for the dissemination of doctrine.

It is perfectly possible to be anti Islam and anti Church without being anti Muslim or Christian.

"

As an atheist I agree.

Dave there is nothing to fear.Go to cheetham hill or down the curry mile in rusholme and converse with a Muslim.They are just like you and me.

"Don't get me wrong I've got used to not understanding a few Scousers .

But I said hello good morning to fifty frigging people without one understanding a word I said.. And it leaves me in this awful spot of liking people and disliking where my country's heading, I understand why there here (because I know shit loads from hanging around pubs) .

But I still feel somethings not quite right when I can't make conversation on my own local beach for 30 fucking minutes.

I am also aware that I may just be a middle aged miserable bastard "

You know mate, that has to be the biggest load bullshit I have read on here.

Southport does have it's fair share of EU nationals but to say you did not hear an english voice for 30 minutes is crap.

Its predominantly Mancs and Scousers out for the bank holiday, every bank holiday.

To say you said hello to 50 people and no one could understand you is bullshit as well.

I will gladly meet you on Lord street any day of the week and stand there and say hello to the first 50 people that walk past, and the english reply will by far outweigh the foriegn reply.

I live in both Liverpool and Southport by the way.

Southport does have it's fair share of EU nationals but to say you did not hear an english voice for 30 minutes is crap.

Its predominantly Mancs and Scousers out for the bank holiday, every bank holiday.

To say you said hello to 50 people and no one could understand you is bullshit as well.

I will gladly meet you on Lord street any day of the week and stand there and say hello to the first 50 people that walk past, and the english reply will by far outweigh the foriegn reply.

I live in both Liverpool and Southport by the way. "

To be fair ‘awrite dare lad’ does sound a little Eastern European

As an atheist I agree.

Dave there is nothing to fear.Go to cheetham hill or down the curry mile in rusholme and converse with a Muslim.They are just like you and me. "

I probably no more Muslims than most people on here bobsters.

Don't confuse the difference between Muslims and Islam.

I live in both Liverpool and Southport by the way. "

It was actually Formby point car park I was on, I just said Southport as most people might know where Southport is!.

And it's a perfectly true story, you can either choose to except it or not, it's no skin off my nose

Still waiting for someone to comment on the subject lol ??

Newbury

"Still waiting for someone to comment on the subject lol ??"

You are surprised that a brexit thread on here turned into a car crash?

I live in both Liverpool and Southport by the way.

It was actually Formby point car park I was on, I just said Southport as most people might know where Southport is!.

And it's a perfectly true story, you can either choose to except it or not, it's no skin off my nose "

still a smell of BS in the air

"Still waiting for someone to comment on the subject lol ??"

I already declared I'm what some would call left wing on many issues and some would call right wing on others.

I'm not a huge believer in this left and right bollocks anyhow, it's divisive,I like conversations where people don't call other people's opinions left or right, most people's politics are born from life experiences and not from facts off Google

Newbury

"Still waiting for someone to comment on the subject lol ??.

I already declared I'm what some would call left wing on many issues and some would call right wing on others.

I'm not a huge believer in this left and right bollocks anyhow, it's divisive,I like conversations where people don't call other people's opinions left or right, most people's politics are born from life experiences and not from facts off Google"

Google?

"Still waiting for someone to comment on the subject lol ??.

I'm not a huge believer in this left and right bollocks anyhow, it's divisive,I like conversations where people don't call other people's opinions left or right, most people's politics are born from life experiences and not from facts off Google

Google? "

It's a generational thing, some folks love Google and precise dates and figures, I roll from my memory (which is getting worse by the year) and books

When I started this thread , I wasn't meaning left wing brexiteers on here as such . More the fact we hear a lot on the news about right wing Brexiteers but not much from the Left ?

Have they changed thier mind ? Or are they happy with how it's Not Going .

I know thier profile isn't as High !

Galloway comes to mind and I've a feeling one of the Big Union Bosses Backed Brexit !

» Add a new message to this topic