FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Gerry Adams' house attacked.

Gerry Adams' house attacked.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *lem-H-Fandango OP   Man  over a year ago

salisbury

Sinn Féin MLA Gerry Kelly said "these were reprehensible and cowardly attacks".

Surely one of the most hypocritical statements in history!

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Sinn Féin MLA Gerry Kelly said "these were reprehensible and cowardly attacks".

Surely one of the most hypocritical statements in history! "

Agreed!

By *lkDomWhtSubBiCpleCouple  over a year ago

Somewhere / Everywhere /Kinksville

I admit to raising an eyebrow on reading it this morning

[Removed by poster at 14/07/18 09:04:20]

By *al2001Man  over a year ago

kildare

Without Gerry Adams and martin McGuiness the war would still be going on

salisbury

"Sinn Féin MLA Gerry Kelly said "these were reprehensible and cowardly attacks".

Surely one of the most hypocritical statements in history! I take it your intimate about the history of the north of Ireland or is this going to be the normal IRA are scum rant "

Are you saying that Irish terrorists bravely murder husbands wives and children? Should they be rightly proud of the murders at canary warf or the Baltic exchange for instance? When they targeted families shopping in Manchester, was that "ok" some how? And not cowardly or reprehensible?

But would it have started in the first place?

By *enshermanMan  over a year ago

Durham

Has it fxxking champion

salisbury

"Without Gerry Adams and martin McGuiness the war would still be going on"

And George Bush jnr of course, don't forget him.

There seems to be an idea when one condemns a sectarian attack, they are condemning the *insert side of christanity track here* rather than the attack itself.

Maybe it comes from living in the midst of the issue which creates this, but most people who I know almost ignore what the adjective before the word attack.

"Without Gerry Adams and martin McGuiness the war would still be going on"

It still is...they just cleaned their act up and tried to get respectable, like both sides did.

kildare

Surely one of the most hypocritical statements in history! I take it your intimate about the history of the north of Ireland or is this going to be the normal IRA are scum rant

Are you saying that Irish terrorists bravely murder husbands wives and children? Should they be rightly proud of the murders at canary warf or the Baltic exchange for instance? When they targeted families shopping in Manchester, was that "ok" some how? And not cowardly or reprehensible?"

BSD things happen in wars on both sides

Your circumstances dictate how you fight your war

kildare

Bad not BSD

"Without Gerry Adams and martin McGuiness the war would still be going on

It still is...they just cleaned their act up and tried to get respectable, like both sides did. "

Mcguiness was a twat. I remember him when i did a two year tour of Londonderry. Walked around like he owned the place. Him and his dopey brother William. Complete tossers.

kildare

It still is...they just cleaned their act up and tried to get respectable, like both sides did.

Mcguiness was a twat. I remember him when i did a two year tour of Londonderry. Walked around like he owned the place. Him and his dopey brother William. Complete tossers."

Said by a British soldier on Irish soil. Unbelievable

THEY DID OWN THE FUCKING PLACE

One of the best tweets I've read was a reply to Adams moaning about having to spend so long turning off his Christmas lights. 'Surely you know someone who can fit a timer?'

"But would it have started in the first place?"

Somebody needs a history lesson.

[Removed by poster at 14/07/18 10:12:10]

Mcguiness was a twat. I remember him when i did a two year tour of Londonderry. Walked around like he owned the place. Him and his dopey brother William. Complete tossers.

THEY DID OWN THE FUCKING PLACE"

You know Londonderry is in Northern Ireland, don't you?

They weren't twats. They were evil

kildare

They weren't twats. They were evil "

I know exactly where Derry is

History will remember Gerry Adams and martin McGuiness as the peace makers they were. Up there with Nelson Mandela

I know exactly where Derry is"

That was meant to be 'was', not is.

"

History will remember Gerry Adams and martin McGuiness as the peace makers they were. Up there with Nelson Mandela"

jolly good

By *imbo59seMan  over a year ago

North Norfolk

History will remember Gerry Adams and martin McGuiness as the peace makers they were. Up there with Nelson Mandela"

Nothing, of course, to do with NORAID having cut off their funding!

Think history will more probably point to Tony B.Liar having the major part of the peace process/Good Friday Agreement (as much as it pains me to think of him in any positive way)

History will remember Gerry Adams and martin McGuiness as the peace makers they were. Up there with Nelson Mandela

Nothing, of course, to do with NORAID having cut off their funding!

Think history will more probably point to Tony B.Liar having the major part of the peace process/Good Friday Agreement (as much as it pains me to think of him in any positive way)"

I hope Mo Mowlem is remembered first.

Its not Derry it's Londonderry. As for me being an ex British Soldier in Northern Ireland. Ulster is part of the UK. I didnt care about the politics when i walked the Bogside or the Greggan or the hills in South Armagh. I went and did my duty. The IRA were and still are cowards. Always will be. Real soldiers wear a uniform not a balaclava.

North Norfolk

Mcguiness was a twat. I remember him when i did a two year tour of Londonderry. Walked around like he owned the place. Him and his dopey brother William. Complete tossers."

Had sights on him a couple of times...if only what they said about "Shoot to kill" was true, might have speeded up the peace process

Its not Derry it's Londonderry. As for me being an ex British Soldier in Northern Ireland. Ulster is part of the UK. I didnt care about the politics when i walked the Bogside or the Greggan or the hills in South Armagh. I went and did my duty. The IRA were and still are cowards. Always will be. Real soldiers wear a uniform not a balaclava. "

So when SF wear balaclavas they're not real soldiers?

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

Without getting into the rights or wrongs of the past, what this episode highlights for me is the continuing sectarian undercurrent running through Northern Ireland - and how fragile the "peace" is when you hear British nationalists treat the Good Friday Agreement as a bargaining chip in Brexit.

"Without getting into the rights or wrongs of the past, what this episode highlights for me is the continuing sectarian undercurrent running through Northern Ireland - and how fragile the "peace" is when you hear British nationalists treat the Good Friday Agreement as a bargaining chip in Brexit."

salisbury

Surely one of the most hypocritical statements in history! I take it your intimate about the history of the north of Ireland or is this going to be the normal IRA are scum rant

Are you saying that Irish terrorists bravely murder husbands wives and children? Should they be rightly proud of the murders at canary warf or the Baltic exchange for instance? When they targeted families shopping in Manchester, was that "ok" some how? And not cowardly or reprehensible?

Your circumstances dictate how you fight your war"

Do you agree blowing up a shopping centre and targeting civilians is unjustifiable?

kildare

Its not Derry it's Londonderry. As for me being an ex British Soldier in Northern Ireland. Ulster is part of the UK. I didnt care about the politics when i walked the Bogside or the Greggan or the hills in South Armagh. I went and did my duty. The IRA were and still are cowards. Always will be. Real soldiers wear a uniform not a balaclava. "

If your circumstances dictate that you are an underground army then you wear a balaclava in public to cover your identity.

That's just a rule of guerrilla warfare

If your country needed you to do it too I'm sure you would have

salisbury

Its not Derry it's Londonderry. As for me being an ex British Soldier in Northern Ireland. Ulster is part of the UK. I didnt care about the politics when i walked the Bogside or the Greggan or the hills in South Armagh. I went and did my duty. The IRA were and still are cowards. Always will be. Real soldiers wear a uniform not a balaclava.

If your circumstances dictate that you are an underground army then you wear a balaclava in public to cover your identity.

That's just a rule of guerrilla warfare

If your country needed you to do it too I'm sure you would have"

Did the non Catholics need them to do it?

kildare

Do you agree blowing up a shopping centre and targeting civilians is unjustifiable? "

Hope this is seen as it is. Talking about history now

Unfortunately chem I think it was justifiable to move the bombing campaign to the British mainland

At that stage the war was raging in the north for years and most British people were oblivious to it

It was the start of a young IRA leadership learning about the realities of politics that finally led to the peace agreement we have today

"

At that stage the war was raging in the north for years and most British people were oblivious to it"

Errrr.... Nope.

salisbury

Do you agree blowing up a shopping centre and targeting civilians is unjustifiable?

Unfortunately chem I think it was justifiable to move the bombing campaign to the British mainland

At that stage the war was raging in the north for years and most British people were oblivious to it

It was the start of a young IRA leadership learning about the realities of politics that finally led to the peace agreement we have today"

This is why i believe Gerry Adams is a hypocrite. Attacking and targeting civilians IS cowardly. And i think it's amazing that people like you think that it was ever justifiable.

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

"Without getting into the rights or wrongs of the past, what this episode highlights for me is the continuing sectarian undercurrent running through Northern Ireland - and how fragile the "peace" is when you hear British nationalists treat the Good Friday Agreement as a bargaining chip in Brexit."

Alternatives put forward are:

A. A United Ireland (probably not good).

A. A hard EU/Irish stance to UK proposals (now softening).

Having Stormont up and running would be a good step forward to having all sides back conversing.

Are you saying that Irish terrorists bravely murder husbands wives and children? Should they be rightly proud of the murders at canary warf or the Baltic exchange for instance? When they targeted families shopping in Manchester, was that "ok" some how? And not cowardly or reprehensible?"

Well said

kildare

"

Errrr.... Nope."

Politically speaking

Pressure had to be put on the British government from within on voting day

Up to that it wasn't a reality for British people and it needed to be

It’s a shame none of his family were blown up or maimed so he could live the rest of his knowing what he did to so many innocents.

"

Errrr.... Nope.

Politically speaking

Up to that it wasn't a reality for British people and it needed to be"

Your last sentence is just not true.

There's no justification for the slaughter these thugs created.

North Norfolk

It was the start of a young IRA leadership learning about the realities of politics that finally led to the peace agreement we have today"

Now that's a very personalised view of "the Troubles" if ever I've heard one!

So, you are condoning the deliberate targeting of civilians for what you are saying was propaganda reasons????

It's a bit early, but can I have some of what you're taking??

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

"

Errrr.... Nope.

Politically speaking

I think the Omagh bombing was a turning point for everyone.

kildare

"

Errrr.... Nope.

Politically speaking

Your last sentence is just not true.

There's no justification for the slaughter these thugs created.

"

Well these differences are common on opposing sides of fairly recent wars

Its normal and I respect you opinions

So when SF wear balaclavas they're not real soldiers?"

Im sure you know what i mean. The British Army wore a uniform when on patrol. Unless they were in Cop , SF or some other covert Int. The Ira wore them when they pranced around some safe republican area when they knew no troops were around. Dont compare our security forces with scum.

So when SF wear balaclavas they're not real soldiers?

Im sure you know what i mean. The British Army wore a uniform when on patrol. Unless they were in Cop , SF or some other covert Int. The Ira wore them when they pranced around some safe republican area when they knew no troops were around. Dont compare our security forces with scum."

It was you, albeit inadvertently, who did that.

kildare

It was the start of a young IRA leadership learning about the realities of politics that finally led to the peace agreement we have today

So, you are condoning the deliberate targeting of civilians for what you are saying was propaganda reasons????

It's a bit early, but can I have some of what you're taking??"

Well now you are only pushing your personalised view either.

Not propaganda but just the realities of the political situation at the time. Unfortunately

"

Errrr.... Nope.

Politically speaking

Do you think Isis are justified in cutting innocent people’s heads off?

There is never any justification for murdering innocent people.

"

Errrr.... Nope.

Politically speaking

The British public didnt know what was going on. They got a 30 second news update when a soldier got murdered. They were shielded from it because it was to close to home. The reality was that it was a god awful war where violence was the norm. Go on patrol and find dome poor bloke with his knee caps drilled out. Or a body laying in an alleyway. Soldiers getting spat at or a bucket of piss chucked over them from an upstairs window. No kids out playing. Windows open. I wonder why. We knew who the scum were we just couldnt do anything because of the yellow card. And now vets are being taken to court while the scum walk free. Wheres the justice.

kildare

This is why i believe Gerry Adams is a hypocrite. Attacking and targeting civilians IS cowardly. And i think it's amazing that people like you think that it was ever justifiable. "

They were very politically motivated bombings

The first one the British government refused to negotiate with the IRA

After that bombing they did. On the fair condition that the IRA called a ceasefire. Which they did

After a long ceasefire the British government still refused to enter talks unless the IRA DISARMED

IRA called off ceasefire and we had canary wharf

Desperate men do desperate things

kildare

"

Errrr.... Nope.

Politically speaking

The British public didnt know what was going on. They got a 30 second news update when a soldier got murdered. They were shielded from it because it was to close to home. The reality was that it was a god awful war where violence was the norm. Go on patrol and find dome poor bloke with his knee caps drilled out. Or a body laying in an alleyway. Soldiers getting spat at or a bucket of piss chucked over them from an upstairs window. No kids out playing. Windows open. I wonder why. We knew who the scum were we just couldnt do anything because of the yellow card. And now vets are being taken to court while the scum walk free. Wheres the justice. "

There's never much justice in war

You could be describing any warzone

Guerrilla warfare dictates the rules of engagement

British people would have fought as hard as us and with as much viciousness if the roles were reversed. There is no shame in that

salisbury

"

Errrr.... Nope.

Politically speaking

The British public didnt know what was going on. They got a 30 second news update when a soldier got murdered. They were shielded from it because it was to close to home. The reality was that it was a god awful war where violence was the norm. Go on patrol and find dome poor bloke with his knee caps drilled out. Or a body laying in an alleyway. Soldiers getting spat at or a bucket of piss chucked over them from an upstairs window. No kids out playing. Windows open. I wonder why. We knew who the scum were we just couldnt do anything because of the yellow card. And now vets are being taken to court while the scum walk free. Wheres the justice.

There's never much justice in war

You could be describing any warzone

Guerrilla warfare dictates the rules of engagement

British people would have fought as hard as us and with as much viciousness if the roles were reversed. There is no shame in that"

But the ira weren't representing Ireland's interests. Only the left wing / Catholics interests. They killed their own countrymen.

By *good-being-badMan  over a year ago

mis-types and auto corrects leads cock leeds

Has anyone claimed responsility for the bomb(s) ?

For all I know of the political situation in northern Ireland.. it could just have easily been from within his own side of the divide..

I hope for everyone's sake that the fragile peace that's held in northern Ireland for a number of years continues

kildare

"Only the left wing / Catholics interests. They killed their own countrymen."

How many Irish you meet that weren't left wing Catholics?

We are a pretty homogeneous lot

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

Would that be Creggan by any chance

By *tingly ByronMan  over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

One of the best tweets I've read was a reply to Adams moaning about having to spend so long turning off his Christmas lights. 'Surely you know someone who can fit a timer?'"

I might try and find that just to retweet it.

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

It's time for me to walk away from this thread...

I'll leave with just one thought...

The IRA are and always will be a bunch of cowardly gobshites

This is why i believe Gerry Adams is a hypocrite. Attacking and targeting civilians IS cowardly. And i think it's amazing that people like you think that it was ever justifiable.

After that bombing they did. On the fair condition that the IRA called a ceasefire. Which they did

After a long ceasefire the British government still refused to enter talks unless the IRA DISARMED

Desperate men do desperate things"

Easy for those growing up far removed from it in the Republic to have such staunch opinions. My leanings are nationalist but NOTHING justifies a politically motivated bombing killing innocent children. That being said petrol bombing anyone's house no matter their past isn't OK either. There are very few people here that don't just want to get on with normal life.

By *ids_NaughtyCouple  over a year ago

West Midlands

"Only the left wing / Catholics interests. They killed their own countrymen.

"

And hence why it was/is so fucked up still there - like all crap around the world, regardless of any other reasons(that may have had a slight justification), it always ends up corrupted by a religion...and religion is just a evil way of exerting power and politics through fear. Which if there ever was any truth in what any religion is based on - couldn’t be any further from the principles of religion!

kildare

Easy for those growing up far removed from it in the Republic to have such staunch opinions. My leanings are nationalist but NOTHING justifies a politically motivated bombing killing innocent children. That being said petrol bombing anyone's house no matter their past isn't OK either. There are very few people here that don't just want to get on with normal life. "

We had to fight for the privilege of growing up removed from it in our war of independence where we got those staunch views and which didn't really end until the good Friday agreement

But I'm talking history here and to think there is still remnants of this shit going on is ridiculous

Easy for those growing up far removed from it in the Republic to have such staunch opinions. My leanings are nationalist but NOTHING justifies a politically motivated bombing killing innocent children. That being said petrol bombing anyone's house no matter their past isn't OK either. There are very few people here that don't just want to get on with normal life.

We had to fight for the privilege of growing up removed from it in our war of independence where we got those staunch views and which didn't really end until the good Friday agreement

But I'm talking history here and to think there is still remnants of this shit going on is ridiculous"

I'm well versed in Irish history but would also rather it remained such! Live and let live.

So would you say it would be justifyable to round up and shoot anyone suspected of supporting the ira, and ofcourse their families as you do t want to make martyrs as a means for ending the troubles in ireland afterall desprite times desperate meaures.

I think not! Violance against civilians isnt warrented and in my book the ira are terroists just like islamic state and the rest of their ilk.

Ofcourse hal wont agree their the same as i suspect he is a ira member or supporter but if you look at their aims, take over control of a area/country by boming and terroising the inhabitants it looks pretty similer

Bigots on fab as well

kildare

And hence why it was/is so fucked up still there - like all crap around the world, regardless of any other reasons(that may have had a slight justification), it always ends up corrupted by a religion...and religion is just a evil way of exerting power and politics through fear. Which if there ever was any truth in what any religion is based on - couldn’t be any further from the principles of religion! "

The war had absolutely nothing to do with religion to many who fought it and was just about basic human and civil rights

kildare

"So would you say it would be justifyable to round up and shoot anyone suspected of supporting the ira, and ofcourse their families as you do t want to make martyrs as a means for ending the troubles in ireland afterall desprite times desperate meaures.

I think not! Violance against civilians isnt warrented and in my book the ira are terroists just like islamic state and the rest of their ilk.

Ofcourse hal wont agree their the same as i suspect he is a ira member or supporter but if you look at their aims, take over control of a area/country by boming and terroising the inhabitants it looks pretty similer"

I'm clearly speaking about history here and like most sane Republican minded people agree the war ended with the good Friday agreement.that's 20 years ago now

West Midlands

"So would you say it would be justifyable to round up and shoot anyone suspected of supporting the ira, and ofcourse their families as you do t want to make martyrs as a means for ending the troubles in ireland afterall desprite times desperate meaures.

Ofcourse hal wont agree their the same as i suspect he is a ira member or supporter but if you look at their aims, take over control of a area/country by boming and terroising the inhabitants it looks pretty similer

I'm clearly speaking about history here and like most sane Republican minded people agree the war ended with the good Friday agreement.that's 20 years ago now"

But clearly bitter that it didn’t result in chatholic rule or independence and that Northern Ireland is still part of the UK and a British citizen. As you say 20 years later from the 100 of years - the result is pretty much the same as it started - just a few more innocent people dead and helped fuel techniques and methods for all the rest of the nut job religious fanatics.

The daft thing about it all is people are always selective of what history they choose and how far they go back when arguing about who owns what. Perhaps Italy should make claim to the uk or the Norwegians or Swedish? Or fact it wasn’t even an island at some point.

kildare

I'm clearly speaking about history here and like most sane Republican minded people agree the war ended with the good Friday agreement.that's 20 years ago now

But clearly bitter that it didn’t result in chatholic rule or independence and that Northern Ireland is still part of the UK and a British citizen. As you say 20 years later from the 100 of years - the result is pretty much the same as it started - just a few more innocent people dead and helped fuel techniques and methods for all the rest of the nut job religious fanatics.

The daft thing about it all is people are always selective of what history they choose and how far they go back when arguing about who owns what. Perhaps Italy should make claim to the uk or the Norwegians or Swedish? Or fact it wasn’t even an island at some point.

"

I'm not bitter at all as I fully supported the good Friday agreement like almost everybody here

I feel the same as you guys about the continued violence and bullshit that still going on

kildare

"- the result is pretty much the same as it started - just a few more innocent people dead and helped fuel techniques and methods for all the rest of the nut job religious fanatics

"

And yes because of our shared history Irish freedom fighters are respected around the world and looked to for inspiration from other oppressed people

By *ertsguy2000Man  over a year ago

hertford

Desperate men do desperate things"

And cowards do cowardly things

West Midlands

"- the result is pretty much the same as it started - just a few more innocent people dead and helped fuel techniques and methods for all the rest of the nut job religious fanatics

And yes because of our shared history Irish freedom fighters are respected around the world and looked to for inspiration from other oppressed people

"

Freedom fighters! Lol - as I pointed out they achieved nothing, so hopefully you are right, and around the world they can see that doing the sick evil twisted things and anything and everything the IRA stood for, achieved the sum of fuck all - and the religious connections to it achieved millions turning away from religion and its principles - and the power that corrupt religions like that is fastly diminishing. We live on one planet - haven’t worked out how to get off it yet - and it’s a mere pin prick in the universe bout tine these individuals equally realised how insignificant they are - and them or their religion matters nothing in the vastness.

And if we want true history what they did was actually taught to them by the English - crusades and all that!

And in the 100s of years this waffle been going on - isis achieved more in 3 months than the IRA did in all those years, so if it was a pissing contest the IRA are mere schoolboys, and id not be trying to remiss about them out of embarrassment!

North Norfolk

Freedom fighters! Lol - as I pointed out they achieved nothing, so hopefully you are right, and around the world they can see that doing the sick evil twisted things and anything and everything the IRA stood for, achieved the sum of fuck all - and the religious connections to it achieved millions turning away from religion and its principles - and the power that corrupt religions like that is fastly diminishing. We live on one planet - haven’t worked out how to get off it yet - and it’s a mere pin prick in the universe bout tine these individuals equally realised how insignificant they are - and them or their religion matters nothing in the vastness.

And if we want true history what they did was actually taught to them by the English - crusades and all that!

And in the 100s of years this waffle been going on - isis achieved more in 3 months than the IRA did in all those years, so if it was a pissing contest the IRA are mere schoolboys, and id not be trying to remiss about them out of embarrassment! "

"Irish freedom fighters" .....so that's failed terrorist scum then

West Midlands

"

I think most of world actually see it that the IRA and it’s version of the religion are the oppressors - just the same as they see ISIS equally not representing Muslims, and oppressing the people and countries they attacked.

The fact that the IRA were attacking and segrattting its fellow countrymen, on both sides. Isn’t anything like freedom or human rights. The attacks in England were nothing compared to the atrocities they were commuting daily to people who just wanted to live their lives

West Midlands

And in the 100s of years this waffle been going on - isis achieved more in 3 months than the IRA did in all those years, so if it was a pissing contest the IRA are mere schoolboys, and id not be trying to remiss about them out of embarrassment!

"Irish freedom fighters" .....so that's failed terrorist scum then"

West Midlands

And hence why it was/is so fucked up still there - like all crap around the world, regardless of any other reasons(that may have had a slight justification), it always ends up corrupted by a religion...and religion is just a evil way of exerting power and politics through fear. Which if there ever was any truth in what any religion is based on - couldn’t be any further from the principles of religion!

The war had absolutely nothing to do with religion to many who fought it and was just about basic human and civil rights"

Does that include human rights about homosexuality, freedom to believe in any religion and not be persecuted for it, and freedom of choice for women and the choices they can make about their own bodies? Freedom to walk safely along any street?

[Removed by poster at 14/07/18 16:31:53]

The war had absolutely nothing to do with religion to many who fought it and was just about basic human and civil rights

Does that include human rights about homosexuality, freedom to believe in any religion and not be persecuted for it, and freedom of choice for women and the choices they can make about their own bodies? Freedom to walk safely along any street? "

At least he wasn't dragged out in front of his family and murdered like so many have under his knowledge at least.

kildare

And in the 100s of years this waffle been going on - isis achieved more in 3 months than the IRA did in all those years, so if it was a pissing contest the IRA are mere schoolboys, and id not be trying to remiss about them out of embarrassment! "

We achieved the Good Friday agreement which included the right for the people of north and south to vote and Democratically decide our own future which we done.

Its people like you that don't respect what was achieved then that there is continued violence in the north,and like you they just see it from just one side,and like you they keep going on about religion

The war was about basic civil and human rights

North Norfolk

We achieved the Good Friday agreement which included the right for the people of north and south to vote and Democratically decide our own future which we done.

Its people like you that don't respect what was achieved then that there is continued violence in the north,and like you they just see it from just one side,and like you they keep going on about religion

The war was about basic civil and human rights"

But obviously not the basic civil and human rights of the men, women and children that your 'bhoys' tortured, maimed and murdered.

So enlighten us please, just what part did you personally take in the valiant struggle for freedom. You'd have been what....22/23 when the Good Friday Agreement was signed? Were you a boy soldier, or were you singing the songs in the pubs of Kildare, many many miles away, safe in the Republic?

kildare

At least he wasn't dragged out in front of his family and murdered like so many have under his knowledge at least."

Gerry had control over the nutting squad as they were called that used to shoot informers

There was no way around ugly acts like shooting informers when you're fighting a guerrilla war as there are no prison of war camps to hold them in

Again this is history and surely we can talk about these thing openly now

West Midlands

At least he wasn't dragged out in front of his family and murdered like so many have under his knowledge at least.

Gerry had control over the nutting squad as they were called that used to shoot informers

There was no way around ugly acts like shooting informers when you're fighting a guerrilla war as there are no prison of war camps to hold them in

Again this is history and surely we can talk about these thing openly now"

It is history and yes we should - and accept it was wrong and achieved nothing. The good Friday agreement was achieved because people were sick of the IRA and what actually it would have meant had power and their demands been met. The people raised up against them and the IRA realised that if they wanted any chance to still spout their tripe they had to stop the rubbish. Peace was achieved by democracy not violence, as is always the case.

It’s at risk again now because of statements you make, about their being a side, defending violence as a justified action. If/when it turns wrong again - you’ll be able to thank yourself for that ...and the years of pain normal people will suffer again. Their a reason your parliament as broken down.

Human rights - lol don’t think you understand the term - you aren’t a different human from the rest of us - the rights of all humans is what it infers to not just a hand full of nutters.

West Midlands

Again this is history and surely we can talk about these thing openly now"

Not sure if you noticed but you the only individual that supports you views on here. And you don’t live by your own statements - it’s history time to move on....or perhaps I should start getting upset about the vikings!?

"

Not entirely true.

The Libyans supplied arms based on your "freedom fighter" crap, then when the ira deliberately murdered non combatants, appalled by the savagery, the Libyans withdrew support for the ira.

The ira got nowhere, gained nothing.

Non murderers like mo mowlam, bill clinton etc got the results.

kildare

Not entirely true.

The Libyans supplied arms based on your "freedom fighter" crap, then when the ira deliberately murdered non combatants, appalled by the savagery, the Libyans withdrew support for the ira.

The ira got nowhere, gained nothing.

Non murderers like mo mowlam, bill clinton etc got the results.

"

The reality is no mowlan bill Clinton etc only gave a shit to stop the violence

The British government only came to the negotiation table to stop the violence and particularly the British mainland bombing campaign

These are the facts

Just to add, people from the Republic were appalled by ira violence on kids..

The only people who would admire shite like that are twisted dreamers with demluded romantic ideals.

Its a shame people like you exist.

Ive had enough of this thread and outa here

kildare

"Just to add, people from the Republic were appalled by ira violence on kids..

The only people who would admire shite like that are twisted dreamers with demluded romantic ideals.

Ive had enough of this thread and outa here "

Who mentioned kids?

I didn't ask the former soldiers here or soldier supports to justify British soldiers killing kids all around the world and are continuing to all around the world

When you read about air strikes in the middle east that's dead kids. Not British kids but kids none the less

Jerry Adams is reaping what he's sown.

Better he lives out a life of misery and torment than be killed off. Fuck him

"

That's true. Hamas, PLO, Hezbollah and even the Taliban learned from the IRA.

West Midlands

Who mentioned kids?

I didn't ask the former soldiers here or soldier supports to justify British soldiers killing kids all around the world and are continuing to all around the world

When you read about air strikes in the middle east that's dead kids. Not British kids but kids none the less"

Out of interest your verifications - were they all bareback meets?

West Midlands

That's true. Hamas, PLO, Hezbollah and even the Taliban learned from the IRA."

They did - they all ended up losing and no hopers - the best of it is they believe whoever did the attacks on him, is one of his own! Perhaps it was Hal!

I hate Adams with a passion and all that he stands for but really, this is no good to anybody.

West Midlands

I hate Adams with a passion and all that he stands for but really, this is no good to anybody. "

Agree it is no good for anyone - problem is it’s him and ultimately the people he created, as the belief is it’s republicans that have done the attack, that once again will be the cause of lack of peace.

Who mentioned kids?

When you read about air strikes in the middle east that's dead kids. Not British kids but kids none the less

Out of interest your verifications - were they all bareback meets?"

Now now, getting personal won't help you. Face up to the facts, the cowards you support lost, despite all the innocent children and others caught up in your violence was for nothing. Your surrender was accepted. You could join isis. They sacrifice innocent people too.

I hate Adams with a passion and all that he stands for but really, this is no good to anybody. "

Classic case of karma.

I hate Adams with a passion and all that he stands for but really, this is no good to anybody.

Agree it is no good for anyone - problem is it’s him and ultimately the people he created, as the belief is it’s republicans that have done the attack, that once again will be the cause of lack of peace. "

I didn't realise that. I would have thought that the last thing Ireland needs right now (apart from them getting Roy Keane back) is the emergence of the Real IRA.

blame Henry VIII ! remember when Adams was on tv and they let you see him but not hear him ? anyway he was a ruthless terrorist animal

By *andare63Man  over a year ago

oldham

But I'm talking history here and to think there is still remnants of this shit going on is ridiculous

I'm well versed in Irish history but would also rather it remained such! Live and let live. "

Well said . nothing good will ever come from reaping up atrocities from the past

By *lbert_shlossedMan  over a year ago

Manchester

"

The Irish have never had any balls, if they did they wouldn't have ended up Catholic in the first place.

I'm well versed in Irish history but would also rather it remained such! Live and let live.

Well said . nothing good will ever come from reaping up atrocities from the past "

Thank you. Not enough reasoned opinion on here from those of us who grew up during the bad old years. History is something we should learn from and help us to prevent making the same mistakes as those before us. I for one will never attempt to justify any terrorist campaign dressed up as a "war".

By *randmrsminxyCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

Living in yesterday's world and not moving forward is very backward. We were no angels during there troubles

Reminds me of when Martin McGuinness died ......... the news referred to him as a statesman?!?!

kildare

Who mentioned kids?

When you read about air strikes in the middle east that's dead kids. Not British kids but kids Nome the less"

Seeing as no one answered my question I refuse to answer more of yours or acknowledge your nasty personal replies

Why is dead kids being thrown in my face and not the British soldiers who posted?

British army has killed more babies than we ever did by mmany multiples

In all parts of the world

And continue to.

Recent air strikes in Syria more dead kids

Those air strikes are to try clean up the mess you created by more of your unnecessary wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and again more dead babies

Its rich British people throwing dead babies in an Irishman's face

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

"Real soldiers wear a uniform not a balaclava. "

So what are UK special services (they wear balaclavas)...

moston

The problem with NI was it was an invention of a Tory government to keep it in power, just as the brexit referendum was an invention of a Tory government with the aim of keeping it in power. Both served their purposes of keeping Tories in power but both at the cost of fracturing countries.

Who mentioned kids?

When you read about air strikes in the middle east that's dead kids. Not British kids but kids Nome the less

Seeing as no one answered my question I refuse to answer more of yours or acknowledge your nasty personal replies

Why is dead kids being thrown in my face and not the British soldiers who posted?

And continue to.

Those air strikes are to try clean up the mess you created by more of your unnecessary wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and again more dead babies

Its rich British people throwing dead babies in an Irishman's face"

Those children weren't deliberately targeted to make a political statement. They died because the people who were targeted hid amongst them.

I think a lot of people will remember them as cowardly terrorists.They only took part in the peace process as they knew that they were heavily defeated and had little other options available to them. They simply participated to save their own skin. Tony Blair was one of the driving forces behind the peace process.

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

It's a bit early, but can I have some of what you're taking??"

Whilst it's not something I agree with, it's mildly hypocritical to oppose it as an English man, since we have used it against others extensively in history and continue to do so.

salisbury

September 21st 2001 George Bush jnr said "From this day forward, any nation that continues to harbor or support terrorism will be regarded by the United States as a hostile regime." This was the day the US realised it had to stop supporting the IRA. The beginning of the peace process.

Newbury

"September 21st 2001 George Bush jnr said "From this day forward, any nation that continues to harbor or support terrorism will be regarded by the United States as a hostile regime." This was the day the US realised it had to stop supporting the IRA. The beginning of the peace process. "

And of course, he apparently didn't class the USA as terrorists on the global stage?

salisbury

"September 21st 2001 George Bush jnr said "From this day forward, any nation that continues to harbor or support terrorism will be regarded by the United States as a hostile regime." This was the day the US realised it had to stop supporting the IRA. The beginning of the peace process.

And of course, he apparently didn't class the USA as terrorists on the global stage? "

Probably the morning after. "You had me say WHAT!? FUCK! "

kildare

History will remember Gerry Adams and martin McGuiness as the peace makers they were. Up there with Nelson Mandela I think a lot of people will remember them as cowardly terrorists.They only took part in the peace process as they knew that they were heavily defeated and had little other options available to them. They simply participated to save their own skin. Tony Blair was one of the driving forces behind the peace process. "

Blair only gave a shit about British public opinion and votes

The British public only gave a shit when bombs started going off in Britain.

Nobody came for peace talks or negotiations when all the fighting and dying was confined to the north

salisbury

History will remember Gerry Adams and martin McGuiness as the peace makers they were. Up there with Nelson Mandela I think a lot of people will remember them as cowardly terrorists.They only took part in the peace process as they knew that they were heavily defeated and had little other options available to them. They simply participated to save their own skin. Tony Blair was one of the driving forces behind the peace process.

Nobody came for peace talks or negotiations when all the fighting and dying was confined to the north

"

Or until the yanks stopped sending the cash..

kildare

The irony of applauding war criminals like bush and Blair on a thread calling Gerry Adams a terrorist isn't lost on me

They genuinely have the needless deaths of hundreds of thousands of people on their hands that is still going on to this day

kildare

History will remember Gerry Adams and martin McGuiness as the peace makers they were. Up there with Nelson Mandela I think a lot of people will remember them as cowardly terrorists.They only took part in the peace process as they knew that they were heavily defeated and had little other options available to them. They simply participated to save their own skin. Tony Blair was one of the driving forces behind the peace process.

Or until the yanks stopped sending the cash.."

Yes Irish that had travelled all around the world to work hard funneled money home for support

salisbury

"The irony of applauding war criminals like bush and Blair on a thread calling Gerry Adams a terrorist isn't lost on me

Tey genuinely have the needless deaths of hundreds of thousands of people on their hands that is still going on to this day"

Agreed. Both war criminals. Poor old Bush forgot he was funding the ira! Bless him.

salisbury

Or until the yanks stopped sending the cash..

Yes Irish that had travelled all around the world to work hard funneled money home for support

"

Through drugs. Bless them.

moston

"Blair only gave a shit about British public opinion and votes

"

Not so...

To be fair Blair inherited the beginnings of the peace process from the Tories. However the Tories did not give a fuck who was being blown up until the IRA targeted the Tories. First in Brighton and then when the Tories played false and used the behind the scenes peace talks as a way to extend the status quo by prevarication the targeting of Downing St from Horseguards.

Reality is the troubles would never have come to an end if the Provo's had not targeted the Tory elite. Because as far as the Tory elite is concerned we are all the brush wood and undergrowth and expandable provided:

The 'Great Trees of the forest' (the Tory elite) survive.

By the way, for those too young or who have forgotten that statement is taken from:

Protect and Survive

The Tories instructions to the country when they were last preparing for nuclear war.

kildare

I agree with what the womble said

West Midlands

"British army has killed more babies than we ever did by mmany multiples"

Interesting use of words “WE” which makes it very clear now your twisted, anti British and pretty much anti anything but evil and torture statements. Throwing around what Blair bush or any other daft politician does - still doesn’t defend the way and what the IRA did, not just to British mainland but their own. And just as many of the stupid politicians actions around the world are often questionable, defending the IRA on that basis is as equally as stupid. Your argument that because they’ve dropped bombs - it’s ok for the IRA to blow up people who were just down the pub having a drink.

I don’t need to argue anymore with you anyhow - because the IRA simply lost(hence the attacks on Gerry Adams, because they so pissed off with him for the fact he’s let them lose all power, they don’t even have any political clout now) a sad bunch of no hopers that had 5 minutes of being in a little club, corrupted by a diminishing religion. That soon will be a mere joke of a memory that nobody gives a fuck about as Northern Ireland flourishes and Ireland goes further into debt in its (we so want independence so we joined Europe) club.

Im glad the soldiers do not have to patrol the streets and the fields in NI. I did both and never enjoyed it. The bigside was the shittiest estate i have ever been in. Filth. The only good thing about it was it was over looked by Masonic base where you could we d*unk couples shagging through high powered binos. South Armagh was no better. Four day patrols in the rain but it was my duty to patrol so i did and did so with pride. One thing the IRA could never do was target a well organised patrol. In the end they targeted civilians. Easy prey for the cowards they are. Force some poor bloke to carry a ied for them as they didnt have the guts to do it themselves.

When that twat who lived in the Brandywell died i raised a glass.

To me the IRA are the scum of the earth.

"

Sounds like you have been on the right side of history. My family were tortured by the military because of our political beliefs. Those who hid in balaclavas fought for human rights. They lost, but heroes are not defined by what they wear, their race or religion. It's by what they stand for.

By the way not related to Ireland. Sorry for the thread drift.

By *tingly ByronMan  over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

Who mentioned kids?

When you read about air strikes in the middle east that's dead kids. Not British kids but kids Nome the less

And continue to.

Its rich British people throwing dead babies in an Irishman's face

Those children weren't deliberately targeted to make a political statement. They died because the people who were targeted hid amongst them.

"

Don't come in here with your common sense and logic.

kildare

"British army has killed more babies than we ever did by mmany multiples

Interesting use of words “WE” which makes it very clear now your twisted, anti British and pretty much anti anything but evil and torture statements. Throwing around what Blair bush or any other daft politician does - still doesn’t defend the way and what the IRA did, not just to British mainland but their own. And just as many of the stupid politicians actions around the world are often questionable, defending the IRA on that basis is as equally as stupid. Your argument that because they’ve dropped bombs - it’s ok for the IRA to blow up people who were just down the pub having a drink.

I don’t need to argue anymore with you anyhow - because the IRA simply lost(hence the attacks on Gerry Adams, because they so pissed off with him for the fact he’s let them lose all power, they don’t even have any political clout now) a sad bunch of no hopers that had 5 minutes of being in a little club, corrupted by a diminishing religion. That soon will be a mere joke of a memory that nobody gives a fuck about as Northern Ireland flourishes and Ireland goes further into debt in its (we so want independence so we joined Europe) club."

Seeing as I have always supported gerry Adams and the good Friday agreement 100% I see it as a win actually

Did you vote for it?

No because you didn't get a say

Its a pity we can't talk about this with such emotive language seeing as it ended in the 90s

North Norfolk

I don’t need to argue anymore with you anyhow - because the IRA simply lost(hence the attacks on Gerry Adams, because they so pissed off with him for the fact he’s let them lose all power, they don’t even have any political clout now) a sad bunch of no hopers that had 5 minutes of being in a little club, corrupted by a diminishing religion. That soon will be a mere joke of a memory that nobody gives a fuck about as Northern Ireland flourishes and Ireland goes further into debt in its (we so want independence so we joined Europe) club.

Seeing as I have always supported gerry Adams and the good Friday agreement 100% I see it as a win actually

Did you vote for it?

Its a pity we can't talk about this with such emotive language seeing as it ended in the 90s"

Probably because of the perverse views that you're putting forward, and all the idealist bollocks you're spouting!

West Midlands

Did you vote for it?

Its a pity we can't talk about this with such emotive language seeing as it ended in the 90s"

Correct you lost in the 90s and until you popped along with your outdated and evil views, the rest of us had long forgotten about the idiot and his bunch of cowards who did nothing but destroy a beautiful country - thankfully the real people of NI are now making it that again, I love it when I say to young kids have you heard of the IRA, and they go who? are they a pop band?

Good on your support for terrorists - I’m

Sure it will make your future meets on fab so successful! I’m sure plenty of single ladies want to meet someone who advocates acts of torture and senseless killing.

kildare

Did you vote for it?

Its a pity we can't talk about this with such emotive language seeing as it ended in the 90s

Correct you lost in the 90s and until you popped along with your outdated and evil views, the rest of us had long forgotten about the idiot and his bunch of cowards who did nothing but destroy a beautiful country - thankfully the real people of NI are now making it that again, I love it when I say to young kids have you heard of the IRA, and they go who? are they a pop band?

Sure it will make your future meets on fab so successful! I’m sure plenty of single ladies want to meet someone who advocates acts of torture and senseless killing."

My girlfriend of years is here and knows me very well thanks

Its natural the IRA are being forgotten seen as they disbanded in the 90s

West Midlands

Did you vote for it?

Sure it will make your future meets on fab so successful! I’m sure plenty of single ladies want to meet someone who advocates acts of torture and senseless killing.

Its natural the IRA are being forgotten seen as they disbanded in the 90s"

Because they lost - finally we agree

kildare

OK say and see it how you want

The basic power sharing ideals of the agreement was the only logical solution from the mess that was and is northern Ireland

Adams saw this from the early 80s and that formed the basis of his ideology and leadership and worked and led towards that

"

A highly unlikely s enario. Few people have any respect for those who choose to kill innocent people . In the end the IRA were heavily defeated. If you analyse their campaign they appear to have achieved nothing apart from killing and bombing innocent people.

I prefer to respect the ballot box , not the action of terrorists.

North Norfolk

Did you vote for it?

Its natural the IRA are being forgotten seen as they disbanded in the 90s"

Even more bollocks.....by their own admission, they buried all the weaponry....for future use !!!

kildare

A highly unlikely s enario. Few people have any respect for those who choose to kill innocent people . In the end the IRA were heavily defeated. If you analyse their campaign they appear to have achieved nothing apart from killing and bombing innocent people.

I prefer to respect the ballot box , not the action of terrorists. "

I said respected by oppressed people around the world

They are usually you opposition in conflicts

kildare

And the facts are by the 90s there was a military stalemate but politically Adams had the upper hand

The british public weren't going to stand for bombs in Britain and everybody knew that

The IRA was around from the early 1900s to mid 90s and often was down but but regrouped with yyoing members all over again as in early 90s and everyone knew that too

West Midlands

"And the facts are by the 90s there was a military stalemate but politically Adams had the upper hand

The british public weren't going to stand for bombs in Britain and everybody knew that

The IRA was around from the early 1900s to mid 90s and often was down but but regrouped with yyoing members all over again as in early 90s and everyone knew that too"

It was the IRA that we’re doing the oppressing though - how can it have been a good thing that even taking out any British military or politics that NI people from both “sides” (which is the totally bollox bit that one country has sides) found themselves constrained by where they could go, who they could talk to, jobs they could take - right to be homosexual, have an abortion or choose where they lived. All of those things they are now getting now both the IRA cease to exist and Sinn Fein are losing their polictial ability - other than again because they see again that the majority don’t share their views on language, their twisted religious corrupted version of human rights etc their answer is to turn to violence, hence the latest riots and violence towards civilians / they are no better than ISIS - again a minority’s view that through hate and violence think it’s ok to inflict it on the majority... you live in the republic - and as I understand it since 1939 the IRA are an illegal and treasonable organisation(that’s the republics law not British) so your promotion of them is actually illegal, it’s also illegal under European law.

equally you’ve criticised the USA - the top 50 companies in the republic that basically bank roll your economy are us and uk. So your oppressed people actually are given a quality and freedom of life by those you hate.

salisbury

"And the facts are by the 90s there was a military stalemate but politically Adams had the upper hand

The IRA was around from the early 1900s to mid 90s and often was down but but regrouped with yyoing members all over again as in early 90s and everyone knew that too"

Hardly stalemate, one side trying to fight terrorism whilst constrained by the Geneva convention, the other resorting to blowing up civilians,and murdering whoever they like on home soil. Whilst occasionally saying "its not fair! The brits are operating a shoot to kill policy!"

West Midlands

There was no military stalemate - the alternative was British forces would have been given the go ahead to actually do what they’d been prevented from doing for all those years and wiped out the IRA - but it was politically not a good way, and would have resulted in further needless loss of life - the British government for all their crap they may do - actually still get that democracy not blowing peoples kneecaps off is the way to make peace and a country a nice place to live. Through out history every terrorist organisation have resulted in something becoming worse and ultimately creating more suffering for all than they have ever done good or created change - even when change has occurred, its always meant the benefits are marred by the actions. ISIS have managed to do more damage to the image of Muslims(who equally can’t stand ISIS) than any NF type organisation ever...the IRA have marred the image and reputation of catholics and Irish people, and made what is a beautiful country look like a worn torn place to avoid.

I hope one of his own republican scum get him, and then they equally caught and punished for doing so - and show the world that the end of the IRA and it’s cronies is finally happend - and the demise of Sinn Fein will follow shortly after and NI can truly become a free country to live in, where people can choose how they live their lives and not dictated to by fear and persucution for following the same religion!

moston

"Few people have any respect for those who choose to kill innocent people ."

So how do you feel about the Black and Tans and the Black and Tan war?

North Norfolk

The IRA was around from the early 1900s to mid 90s and often was down but but regrouped with yyoing members all over again as in early 90s and everyone knew that too

Hardly stalemate, one side trying to fight terrorism whilst constrained by the Geneva convention, the other resorting to blowing up civilians,and murdering whoever they like on home soil. Whilst occasionally saying "its not fair! The brits are operating a shoot to kill policy!" "

If we had have been on "shoot to kill", it would have been over a lot quicker !

West Midlands

"Few people have any respect for those who choose to kill innocent people .

So how do you feel about the Black and Tans and the Black and Tan war?"

A bad mistake - but equally most of the attrosicites were actually the Auxies not the Black and Tans - but the Irish just lumped it as the same thing as ultimately both were against the concept of independence which is understandable. However this was over 100 years ago - was still fundamentally to destroy the IRA - who equally were committing atrocities. the point is nodbody is now saying the Black and Tans were hero’s or a good idea - unlike Hal who still thinks the acts of the IRA were justified and that they achieved something. We could keep going back in history - and blaming or picking which bits of history suit us - no different from the rubbish in Israel where again people quote their bit of history. Be like me saying I lived in someone’s house 30 years ago - so it’s my right to have it again, but missing out that someone owned it before me!

West Midlands

We live on one little bit of rock - in a vast universe and we fight about equally smaller bits of that rock - half of its about religion the rest about crap - the daft thing is if you follow all religions far enough back they all believe the same thing we all the same - yet an imaginary line on a bit of soil is enough for people to go out and kill each other. A pointless act when we all still stuck on this rock and we wouldn’t even be missed if this rock blew up tomorrow we that small.

1500 IRA members think they changed something - get real - I probably make more effect on the universe by farting!

kildare

It was the IRA that we’re doing the oppressing though - how can it have been a good thing that even taking out any British military or politics that NI people from both “sides” (which is the totally bollox bit that one country has sides) found themselves constrained by where they could go, who they could talk to, jobs they could take - right to be homosexual, have an abortion or choose where they lived. All of those things they are now getting now both the IRA cease to exist and Sinn Fein are losing their polictial ability - other than again because they see again that the majority don’t share their views on language, their twisted religious corrupted version of human rights etc their answer is to turn to violence, hence the latest riots and violence towards civilians / they are no better than ISIS - again a minority’s view that through hate and violence think it’s ok to inflict it on the majority... you live in the republic - and as I understand it since 1939 the IRA are an illegal and treasonable organisation(that’s the republics law not British) so your promotion of them is actually illegal, it’s also illegal under European law.

equally you’ve criticised the USA - the top 50 companies in the republic that basically bank roll your economy are us and uk. So your oppressed people actually are given a quality and freedom of life by those you hate."

I see terrorists bei g supported all the time on the UK forums

Support our military threads are common here

You targeted civilians too

Only difference is you are still doing it like your Syrian air strikes being just the most recent devastation and dead civilians. And still there does be more support our military threads

And justify it how u like but dropping g bombs young civilians is targeting civilians

kildare

"We live on one little bit of rock - in a vast universe and we fight about equally smaller bits of that rock - half of its about religion the rest about crap - the daft thing is if you follow all religions far enough back they all believe the same thing we all the same - yet an imaginary line on a bit of soil is enough for people to go out and kill each other. A pointless act when we all still stuck on this rock and we wouldn’t even be missed if this rock blew up tomorrow we that small.

1500 IRA members think they changed something - get real - I probably make more effect on the universe by farting! "

I'm vehemently anti religion as I've said much earlier

kildare

Hardly stalemate, one side trying to fight terrorism whilst constrained by the Geneva convention, the other resorting to blowing up civilians,and murdering whoever they like on home soil. Whilst occasionally saying "its not fair! The brits are operating a shoot to kill policy!"

If we had have been on "shoot to kill", it would have been over a lot quicker !"

You had to find them to shoot them

And I haven't complained once here about British ruc actions during the war

It was nasty on both sides

kildare

There was no military stalemate - the alternative was British forces would have been given the go ahead to actually do what they’d been prevented from doing for all those years and wiped out the IRA - but it was politically not a good way, and would have resulted in further needless loss of life - the British government for all their crap they may do - actually still get that democracy not blowing peoples kneecaps off is the way to make peace and a country a nice place to live. Through out history every terrorist organisation have resulted in something becoming worse and ultimately creating more suffering for all than they have ever done good or created change - even when change has occurred, its always meant the benefits are marred by the actions. ISIS have managed to do more damage to the image of Muslims(who equally can’t stand ISIS) than any NF type organisation ever...the IRA have marred the image and reputation of catholics and Irish people, and made what is a beautiful country look like a worn torn place to avoid.

I hope one of his own republican scum get him, and then they equally caught and punished for doing so - and show the world that the end of the IRA and it’s cronies is finally happend - and the demise of Sinn Fein will follow shortly after and NI can truly become a free country to live in, where people can choose how they live their lives and not dictated to by fear and persucution for following the same religion!"

British kill IRA soldiers more young IRA soldiers join inspired by the deaths of the soldiers before and continue to cause carnage and they get killed and new recruits are further inspired etc etc

How to you beat an ideology?

kildare

I hope one of his own republican scum get him, and then they equally caught and punished for doing so - and show the world that the end of the IRA and it’s cronies is finally happend - and the demise of Sinn Fein will follow shortly after and NI can truly become a free country to live in, where people can choose how they live their lives and not dictated to by fear and persucution for following the same religion!"

And like the baby killer comments earlier its a bit rich British people throwing Isis in an Irishman's face seeing as its because of you and more of your unjust wars that we have any Isis in the first place

Such a shame it didn’t kill the scum!

West Midlands

equally you’ve criticised the USA - the top 50 companies in the republic that basically bank roll your economy are us and uk. So your oppressed people actually are given a quality and freedom of life by those you hate.

Only difference is you are still doing it like your Syrian air strikes being just the most recent devastation and dead civilians. And still there does be more support our military threads

And justify it how u like but dropping g bombs young civilians is targeting civilians"

At what point is that a comparison? Not defending actions of any government - but I think dropping a bomb on a known hideout of military forces, that uses civilians as a shield - but the intent of the attack is to destroy military not civilians vs blowing up pubs in Birmingham where nobody in those pubs was in anyway military and in fact could have actually had a whole bunch of people in their who were both catholic and sympathised with the cause the IRA were stood for - that’s wasnt collertetal damage that did all it could to minimise civilian damage. And most of the propoganda in Syria is just that - the uk and us bombs actually weren’t killing any civilians it was the others doing it to create views like yours. If the uk and us governments intent was to kill civilians like the IRAs was then I think the firepower they have they’d have achieved a lot more - so in fact even taking that into account uk bombs have resulted in less deaths of civilians in Syria than the IRA.

Glad you anti religion at least one thing you got right - now perhaps you can accept someone born in another country other than Ireland is also a human being - and you could have equally been born in Britain and been in Manchester shopping when a bomb went off. Or perhaps Britain could have rolled over and let the German war mac_ine flatten Ireland also, and you’d never had independence.

kildare

And justify it how u like but dropping g bombs young civilians is targeting civilians

At what point is that a comparison? Not defending actions of any government - but I think dropping a bomb on a known hideout of military forces, that uses civilians as a shield - but the intent of the attack is to destroy military not civilians vs blowing up pubs in Birmingham where nobody in those pubs was in anyway military and in fact could have actually had a whole bunch of people in their who were both catholic and sympathised with the cause the IRA were stood for - that’s wasnt collertetal damage that did all it could to minimise civilian damage. And most of the propoganda in Syria is just that - the uk and us bombs actually weren’t killing any civilians it was the others doing it to create views like yours. If the uk and us governments intent was to kill civilians like the IRAs was then I think the firepower they have they’d have achieved a lot more - so in fact even taking that into account uk bombs have resulted in less deaths of civilians in Syria than the IRA.

Glad you anti religion at least one thing you got right - now perhaps you can accept someone born in another country other than Ireland is also a human being - and you could have equally been born in Britain and been in Manchester shopping when a bomb went off. Or perhaps Britain could have rolled over and let the German war mac_ine flatten Ireland also, and you’d never had independence."

Your propaganda lies and cover up of proven civilian deaths is just like all your support our war mac_ine threads

You are a very militaristic civilian society

And the IRA was founded by world war 1 veterans who came home expecting to be awarded the same freedoms and rights as they had fought for for British people but were still being denied to them. And that were promised in fact by the British government

And like in the 90s ceasefire lied and couldn't be trusted

Lets have a look at some those murdered by your ira heroes the ira to get political recognition, rather than sticking to civilised peaceful political methods:

Rocio Abad Ramos, a 23yo from spain

Fernando Blasco Baselgawas a 12 year old from Spain

Oran Doherty  8 year old

Sean McLaughlin 12 

Maura Monaghan, aged 18 months,

Yes, all sacririficed (murdered) indiscriminately to get onto the political ladder and what scum you support.

Tell me how you justify their lives for "the cause" fucking revolting!

moston

"A bad mistake - but equally most of the attrosicites were actually the Auxies not the Black and Tans - but the Irish just lumped it as the same thing as ultimately both were against the concept of independence which is understandable. However this was over 100 years ago - was still fundamentally to destroy the IRA - who equally were committing atrocities. the point is nodbody is now saying the Black and Tans were hero’s or a good idea - unlike Hal who still thinks the acts of the IRA were justified and that they achieved something. We could keep going back in history - and blaming or picking which bits of history suit us - no different from the rubbish in Israel where again people quote their bit of history. Be like me saying I lived in someone’s house 30 years ago - so it’s my right to have it again, but missing out that someone owned it before me! "

Do you think that in another 100 years time someone in your position will look back on the troubles and make similar comments? And that maybe 100 years after we withdraw from NI and give Ireland back to the Irish that historians will be beginning to chronicle our occupation and waves of settlement by militant Presbyterians, (who had been evicted from their historical homes in the Highland Clearances so that English landed gentry could cash in on wool and have grouse hunting estates), and told take what you like from the Irish Catholics. May not be seen in glowing terms and that maybe the Provo's and republican movement will be the ones to emerge as holding the high moral ground? Do you think that maybe the same will be the case in Israel? Or do you think that might is always right and that history will be written by us and Israel?

moston

"

And the IRA was founded by world war 1 veterans who came home expecting to be awarded the same freedoms and rights as they had fought for for British people but were still being denied to them. And that were promised in fact by the British government"

That is not so, and you need to relearn your Irish history.

Just to be clear, my grandfather on my fathers side was a member of the IRB, a founding member of the IRA and was a volunteer in the Easter Rising, he also fought in the Black and Tan war and was one of the few who received the 50 year medal in 1966 (we have the medals, citations and armband).

kildare

"Lets have a look at some those murdered by your ira heroes the ira to get political recognition, rather than sticking to civilised peaceful political methods:

Rocio Abad Ramos, a 23yo from spain

Fernando Blasco Baselgawas a 12 year old from Spain

Oran Doherty  8 year old

Sean McLaughlin 12 

Maura Monaghan, aged 18 months,

Yes, all sacririficed (murdered) indiscriminately to get onto the political ladder and what scum you support.

Tell me how you justify their lives for "the cause" fucking revolting!

"

Do you want me to start googling names of innocent children's killed in wars like Afghanistan and Iraq etc etc and asking you to justify them or other posters to

I've explained earlier and haven't been corrected to my mind yet that we are all baby killers. Supporters aand soldiers

kildare

"

And the IRA was founded by world war 1 veterans who came home expecting to be awarded the same freedoms and rights as they had fought for for British people but were still being denied to them. And that were promised in fact by the British government

That is not so, and you need to relearn your Irish history.

Just to be clear, my grandfather on my fathers side was a member of the IRB, a founding member of the IRA and was a volunteer in the Easter Rising, he also fought in the Black and Tan war and was one of the few who received the 50 year medal in 1966 (we have the medals, citations and armband)."

And my family was involved with the IRA from the start as were lots of families here

I know my history fine thanks

moston

"And my family was involved with the IRA from the start as were lots of families here

I know my history fine thanks"

So don't misrepresent it to score political points.

I may be former British Forces and I have served in NI on more than 1 occasion, but I think politically we are probably more allies than enemies. Just as the people of Ireland are and have served and died in their tens of thousands in British uniforms over hundreds of years to protect our islands. The shame is that generations of Tories ignored that loyalty and used their positions of power to enrich themselves at the expense of Ireland.

And the Tories are at it again!

kildare

[Removed by poster at 15/07/18 20:14:24]

kildare

"And my family was involved with the IRA from the start as were lots of families here

I may be former British Forces and I have served in NI on more than 1 occasion, but I think politically we are probably more allies than enemies. Just as the people of Ireland are and have served and died in their tens of thousands in British uniforms over hundreds of years to protect our islands. The shame is that generations of Tories ignored that loyalty and used their positions of power to enrich themselves at the expense of Ireland.

And the Tories are at it again!"

I don't still see us as enemy's at all in any way

I doubt we would share many political viewpoints tho

I have no idea about modern British politics

West Midlands

"A bad mistake - but equally most of the attrosicites were actually the Auxies not the Black and Tans - but the Irish just lumped it as the same thing as ultimately both were against the concept of independence which is understandable. However this was over 100 years ago - was still fundamentally to destroy the IRA - who equally were committing atrocities. the point is nodbody is now saying the Black and Tans were hero’s or a good idea - unlike Hal who still thinks the acts of the IRA were justified and that they achieved something. We could keep going back in history - and blaming or picking which bits of history suit us - no different from the rubbish in Israel where again people quote their bit of history. Be like me saying I lived in someone’s house 30 years ago - so it’s my right to have it again, but missing out that someone owned it before me!

Do you think that in another 100 years time someone in your position will look back on the troubles and make similar comments? And that maybe 100 years after we withdraw from NI and give Ireland back to the Irish that historians will be beginning to chronicle our occupation and waves of settlement by militant Presbyterians, (who had been evicted from their historical homes in the Highland Clearances so that English landed gentry could cash in on wool and have grouse hunting estates), and told take what you like from the Irish Catholics. May not be seen in glowing terms and that maybe the Provo's and republican movement will be the ones to emerge as holding the high moral ground? Do you think that maybe the same will be the case in Israel? Or do you think that might is always right and that history will be written by us and Israel?"

As I said that’s quoting history that suits - our far shall we go back till someone can make claim it’s their land? Captain caveman? The fact that some of these lands weren’t even islands? Or adjoined to other continents. The issue is people pick and choose which bit of history they want - to argue their cause, mistakes made by many for many reasons - hopefully in 100 years people will have finally become intelligent enough not to be doing such bollocks and maybe we will be equally able to travel away from this planet and we finally get the concept of human kind and not some tosh about borders and ownership. Non of us actually own anything!!

West Midlands

I have no idea about modern British politics"

Let’s face it you do - and now you know he served in NI, you wouldn’t invite him into your home. That’s you problem you know your history - but unable to move on from it, you justify the IRA because someone also did something bad.

You are like people who say I’ll only ever vote labour because my grandad did - rather than looking at the here and now. The Ireland and Northern Ireland isn’t the one that was 100 years ago - isn’t neither is the uk or the world. You be the kind of person that would say don’t buy a BMW or Honda because they did bad things in a war!

You really need to move on from your Ansestors views and start to have some well understood ones of your own instead of being a sheep otherwise the world will never advance and neither the human race.

kildare

Let’s face it you do - and now you know he served in NI, you wouldn’t invite him into your home. That’s you problem you know your history - but unable to move on from it, you justify the IRA because someone also did something bad.

You are like people who say I’ll only ever vote labour because my grandad did - rather than looking at the here and now. The Ireland and Northern Ireland isn’t the one that was 100 years ago - isn’t neither is the uk or the world. You be the kind of person that would say don’t buy a BMW or Honda because they did bad things in a war!

You really need to move on from your Ansestors views and start to have some well understood ones of your own instead of being a sheep otherwise the world will never advance and neither the human race. "

Like most Irish revolutionaries I'm a free thinker and don't need any help in forming g or expressing my views

kildare

"A bad mistake - but equally most of the attrosicites were actually the Auxies not the Black and Tans - but the Irish just lumped it as the same thing as ultimately both were against the concept of independence which is understandable. However this was over 100 years ago - was still fundamentally to destroy the IRA - who equally were committing atrocities. the point is nodbody is now saying the Black and Tans were hero’s or a good idea - unlike Hal who still thinks the acts of the IRA were justified and that they achieved something. We could keep going back in history - and blaming or picking which bits of history suit us - no different from the rubbish in Israel where again people quote their bit of history. Be like me saying I lived in someone’s house 30 years ago - so it’s my right to have it again, but missing out that someone owned it before me!

Do you think that in another 100 years time someone in your position will look back on the troubles and make similar comments? And that maybe 100 years after we withdraw from NI and give Ireland back to the Irish that historians will be beginning to chronicle our occupation and waves of settlement by militant Presbyterians, (who had been evicted from their historical homes in the Highland Clearances so that English landed gentry could cash in on wool and have grouse hunting estates), and told take what you like from the Irish Catholics. May not be seen in glowing terms and that maybe the Provo's and republican movement will be the ones to emerge as holding the high moral ground? Do you think that maybe the same will be the case in Israel? Or do you think that might is always right and that history will be written by us and Israel?

As I said that’s quoting history that suits - our far shall we go back till someone can make claim it’s their land? Captain caveman? The fact that some of these lands weren’t even islands? Or adjoined to other continents. The issue is people pick and choose which bit of history they want - to argue their cause, mistakes made by many for many reasons - hopefully in 100 years people will have finally become intelligent enough not to be doing such bollocks and maybe we will be equally able to travel away from this planet and we finally get the concept of human kind and not some tosh about borders and ownership. Non of us actually own anything!!"

I was clearly speaking of modern Anglo Irish history. Try muddy it all you like

If you know little of modern Anglo Irish history and can only offer silly caveman statements like that that mean little I'm done replying

West Midlands

As I said that’s quoting history that suits - our far shall we go back till someone can make claim it’s their land? Captain caveman? The fact that some of these lands weren’t even islands? Or adjoined to other continents. The issue is people pick and choose which bit of history they want - to argue their cause, mistakes made by many for many reasons - hopefully in 100 years people will have finally become intelligent enough not to be doing such bollocks and maybe we will be equally able to travel away from this planet and we finally get the concept of human kind and not some tosh about borders and ownership. Non of us actually own anything!!

If you know little of modern Anglo Irish history and can only offer silly caveman statements like that that mean little I'm done replying"

At what point doesn’t it become modern history - that’s the point in a hundred years again it won’t be(unless the likes of you keep dragging us back) in fact world war 2 is more modern than world war 1 when this all started - and you know what they are now an incorporated part of Europe they’ve even managed to bring down the wall(again far more modern history than this) they’ve all managed to move on - in fact most of Europe at some point as been owned or various parts of it split up, Hungary, Romania etc - all again countries that have moved on - as you continually say so as NI since the demise of the IRA - so why is only you that still hasn’t? My point is what’s the point hanging on to hate and views based on people that made bad or good decisions that aren’t even alive anymore. Live for today - and what future could be - divide and borders are certainly not a future for the human race, will do nothing but hold us back.

moston

"in fact world war 2 is more modern than world war 1 when this all started "

Do you really think that the troubles in Ireland started in WW1?

You may like to do a little reading about one Thomas Cromwell and work forward from there.

kildare

If you know little of modern Anglo Irish history and can only offer silly caveman statements like that that mean little I'm done replying

At what point doesn’t it become modern history - that’s the point in a hundred years again it won’t be(unless the likes of you keep dragging us back) in fact world war 2 is more modern than world war 1 when this all started - and you know what they are now an incorporated part of Europe they’ve even managed to bring down the wall(again far more modern history than this) they’ve all managed to move on - in fact most of Europe at some point as been owned or various parts of it split up, Hungary, Romania etc - all again countries that have moved on - as you continually say so as NI since the demise of the IRA - so why is only you that still hasn’t? My point is what’s the point hanging on to hate and views based on people that made bad or good decisions that aren’t even alive anymore. Live for today - and what future could be - divide and borders are certainly not a future for the human race, will do nothing but hold us back. "

I've said clearly I'm talking about past history that ended in the 90s

Its you who obviously won't let go

Wars over time to let go

Maybe then we can talk openly about what happened then

West Midlands

At what point doesn’t it become modern history - that’s the point in a hundred years again it won’t be(unless the likes of you keep dragging us back) in fact world war 2 is more modern than world war 1 when this all started - and you know what they are now an incorporated part of Europe they’ve even managed to bring down the wall(again far more modern history than this) they’ve all managed to move on - in fact most of Europe at some point as been owned or various parts of it split up, Hungary, Romania etc - all again countries that have moved on - as you continually say so as NI since the demise of the IRA - so why is only you that still hasn’t? My point is what’s the point hanging on to hate and views based on people that made bad or good decisions that aren’t even alive anymore. Live for today - and what future could be - divide and borders are certainly not a future for the human race, will do nothing but hold us back.

Wars over time to let go

Maybe then we can talk openly about what happened then"

I have let go - im not the one claiming that the IRA - their actions and methods were valid. PJust as much as any history of any side you can look back even if it was your side and admit that was bollox - that’s history called learning from it and moving on - forgetting about it and living for the now - not reminisiving or still supporting a wrong action, out of some pride or family instilled belief. We put a man on the moon in that time - time to realise the human race is bigger and better than drilling holes in people’s knee caps or persucuting people for their country or religion or street they live in.

Newbury

You really need to move on from your Ansestors views and start to have some well understood ones of your own instead of being a sheep otherwise the world will never advance and neither the human race. "

You are aware that there wouldn't be an independent Ireland were it not for the IRA, don't you?

And whilst it may inconvenience you to accept this but those of the Easter uprising and beyond founded a nation and freed it from the shackles of colonialism. It is no wonder that the people of Ireland laud them.

kildare

Wars over time to let go

Maybe then we can talk openly about what happened then

I have let go - im not the one claiming that the IRA - their actions and methods were valid. PJust as much as any history of any side you can look back even if it was your side and admit that was bollox - that’s history called learning from it and moving on - forgetting about it and living for the now - not reminisiving or still supporting a wrong action, out of some pride or family instilled belief. We put a man on the moon in that time - time to realise the human race is bigger and better than drilling holes in people’s knee caps or persucuting people for their country or religion or street they live in. "

The PIRA were born out of the British governments and RUCs violent suppression of the Irish civil rights movement. Do you get that. The violent suppression of the Irish civil rights movement

Keep talking about religion all you want but they aren't the facts

It was just about Irish people having the same basic civil and human rights as what English people had and everyone else had in the free world

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

True

kildare

Only some British people view Adams and McGuiness etc as cowards

But the British didn't get to write the history books

History has Adams as the great political and military leader and eventual peacemaker he was

West Midlands

"Only some British people view Adams and McGuiness etc as cowards

History has Adams as the great political and military leader and eventual peacemaker he was"

He was non and will never be reconginsed as them by any one but the very small minority’s of people that supported him - around the world most don’t even know who he is. Don’t try and put him on a pedestal.

I more than know the origins of the conflict and equally how it later got corrupted once the Republic of Ireland got their independence. I equally haven’t at any time gone back in history to pick out some event to support my cause, as I don’t have a cause other than murdering innocent people is stupid, I don’t think war is equally the way to be, and again at no point have I defended any historical actions of any of British or Irish or any government. Nor have I slurred a nation or its people and generalised it. You continually make reference to the “British” people - like they some clone army and in capable of free thought. You know what we have a conservative government now, but funnily enough not everyone voted for them - so the present government doesn’t necessarily reflect the opinion of the all people who hold a British passport.

The British empire and many of its actions were wrong, equally many nations now independent have a lot of benefit from being a previous part of that empire - the way in which they gained that jndpendanxe was often rather crap but all the years later the fact that you still have sentiments of something that occurred 100s of years ago - the fact that actual the Republic of Ireland has jndoendence(as much as you can as a puppet of the rule of Europe) and even fact that it took to the 90s to move even slightly on - and when you look at the comparisons of say easy and west Germany which was far more atrocious and how unified they are now not only within the nation but within Europe - must clearly tell you something - we having an argument about something that. Most of the world wouldn’t even have a clue about - because it’s that ancient. As I’ve said before should I hate Norway, Germany, Japan, Italy, France - all of who committed far more oppression and death. No because the year is 2018 - the world is a smaller place - and the concept of religion and empires and borders and rule is all becoming a bit daft, we’ve woken up to realising the world is bigger than the end of the street, apart from individuals like you who still want to hang on to a particular bits of history, if it’s the only thing that can define you as a nation it’s a bit sad - be like England stating they the defeaters of Germany still.

Really time to move on - maybe travel the world a bit and see that it’s all a bit bigger and life a lot more to it than hanging on to a pointless past and trying to relive it.

In your world we still be arguing about a bit of land rather than working out the cure for cancer or how to travel through the stars - before the point where we couldn’t give a fuck about which bit of land we live in as it’s all fucked anyway due to our destruction of the Little Rock we live on.

What shocks me the most is I’ve spent considerable time in both NI and the republic and you the first person that I’ve spoken to that makes me feel like I’m watching one of those old tv programs and aware I’m British - most the time I travel the world I just enjoy meeting people and don’t care what nationality they are or where I’m from. You clearly haven’t got there yet...

West Midlands

History has Adams as the great political and military leader and eventual peacemaker he was"

No nearly all view him as that - I can assure you of that... and correct the world does - and everywhere in the world - especially in recent times, the view is all terroists are cowards - and compared to today’s terroists you even more cowardly.

I think the only place you’ll see a history book state that will be in some IRA run province in the republic or NI or in your very narrow bubble of the world - the rest of the world will forget him quite quickly or remember him as someone who just prolonged the suffering that before he even came along had lasted far too long.

I find it amazing that you talk of this subject like it’s the centre of the universe, like it’s the biggest event in history, the greatest revolution - there far bigger revolutions and independancies occurred. And even way back when independence was given to the republic it was democracy and politics not violence that enabled that - hence why in 1939 the Irish givenement equally realised that the IRA was of no benefit to their independence(even though they had it) and outlawed it - which is still the case today, that’s not the British government but the Irish! The very nation that indepnendace is supposed to be down to the actions of the IRA....hmmm even the respectable Irish don’t accept that then even! They accept that democracy and negotiations resulted in the British government waking up that an empire was no longer a benefit to the world, that it once had been, or a justified reason for defence because again the world had become a smaller place

We continue to argue about the same thing - you live in the past - want to quote bits of it as if it’s todays actions or people, as if it still matters. God years ago they said smoking was good for you!

kildare

History has Adams as the great political and military leader and eventual peacemaker he was

He was non and will never be reconginsed as them by any one but the very small minority’s of people that supported him - around the world most don’t even know who he is. Don’t try and put him on a pedestal.

I more than know the origins of the conflict and equally how it later got corrupted once the Republic of Ireland got their independence. I equally haven’t at any time gone back in history to pick out some event to support my cause, as I don’t have a cause other than murdering innocent people is stupid, I don’t think war is equally the way to be, and again at no point have I defended any historical actions of any of British or Irish or any government. Nor have I slurred a nation or its people and generalised it. You continually make reference to the “British” people - like they some clone army and in capable of free thought. You know what we have a conservative government now, but funnily enough not everyone voted for them - so the present government doesn’t necessarily reflect the opinion of the all people who hold a British passport.

The British empire and many of its actions were wrong, equally many nations now independent have a lot of benefit from being a previous part of that empire - the way in which they gained that jndpendanxe was often rather crap but all the years later the fact that you still have sentiments of something that occurred 100s of years ago - the fact that actual the Republic of Ireland has jndoendence(as much as you can as a puppet of the rule of Europe) and even fact that it took to the 90s to move even slightly on - and when you look at the comparisons of say easy and west Germany which was far more atrocious and how unified they are now not only within the nation but within Europe - must clearly tell you something - we having an argument about something that. Most of the world wouldn’t even have a clue about - because it’s that ancient. As I’ve said before should I hate Norway, Germany, Japan, Italy, France - all of who committed far more oppression and death. No because the year is 2018 - the world is a smaller place - and the concept of religion and empires and borders and rule is all becoming a bit daft, we’ve woken up to realising the world is bigger than the end of the street, apart from individuals like you who still want to hang on to a particular bits of history, if it’s the only thing that can define you as a nation it’s a bit sad - be like England stating they the defeaters of Germany still.

Really time to move on - maybe travel the world a bit and see that it’s all a bit bigger and life a lot more to it than hanging on to a pointless past and trying to relive it.

In your world we still be arguing about a bit of land rather than working out the cure for cancer or how to travel through the stars - before the point where we couldn’t give a fuck about which bit of land we live in as it’s all fucked anyway due to our destruction of the Little Rock we live on.

What shocks me the most is I’ve spent considerable time in both NI and the republic and you the first person that I’ve spoken to that makes me feel like I’m watching one of those old tv programs and aware I’m British - most the time I travel the world I just enjoy meeting people and don’t care what nationality they are or where I’m from. You clearly haven’t got there yet..."

Irish freedom fighters are respected all around the world as the brave and intelligent idealistic soldiers that they were and are looked to for inspiration by oppressed people when it looks like they are facing impossible odds

And that's a legacy to be really proud of

kildare

[Removed by poster at 15/07/18 23:28:23]

kildare

No nearly all view him as that - I can assure you of that... and correct the world does - and everywhere in the world - especially in recent times, the view is all terroists are cowards - and compared to today’s terroists you even more cowardly.

I think the only place you’ll see a history book state that will be in some IRA run province in the republic or NI or in your very narrow bubble of the world - the rest of the world will forget him quite quickly or remember him as someone who just prolonged the suffering that before he even came along had lasted far too long.

I find it amazing that you talk of this subject like it’s the centre of the universe, like it’s the biggest event in history, the greatest revolution - there far bigger revolutions and independancies occurred. And even way back when independence was given to the republic it was democracy and politics not violence that enabled that - hence why in 1939 the Irish givenement equally realised that the IRA was of no benefit to their independence(even though they had it) and outlawed it - which is still the case today, that’s not the British government but the Irish! The very nation that indepnendace is supposed to be down to the actions of the IRA....hmmm even the respectable Irish don’t accept that then even! They accept that democracy and negotiations resulted in the British government waking up that an empire was no longer a benefit to the world, that it once had been, or a justified reason for defence because again the world had become a smaller place

We continue to argue about the same thing - you live in the past - want to quote bits of it as if it’s todays actions or people, as if it still matters. God years ago they said smoking was good for you! "

Irish independence was fought for and not given

West Midlands

Just face it the British empire did some stupid things, the Modern IRA was a twisted corrupt evil shadow of the actual reason it ever existed.

They were and remain cowards and have no place in todays world.

What they did may have made sense to them at the time but history now can show they prolonged and caused suffering for something that would have been resolved years early

And ultimately all they have done - is mean that even in 2018 the only thing they have left is divide and persecution, fear and a lack of freedom to normal people who just want to live in todays world not some history book, they couldn’t care what nation, colour sex or street someone comes from. They don’t want to keep thinking that cus someone is British they somehow represent a politician from a 100 years ago or even 30 years ago. Or a soldier or a coward hiding.

And actually talking if anyone involved in that eta at all is not what they want - most want to not seen gerry Adams in the press for anything - so they can get on with becoming something better.

It’s 2018

West Midlands

What shocks me the most is I’ve spent considerable time in both NI and the republic and you the first person that I’ve spoken to that makes me feel like I’m watching one of those old tv programs and aware I’m British - most the time I travel the world I just enjoy meeting people and don’t care what nationality they are or where I’m from. You clearly haven’t got there yet...

Irish freedom fighters are respected all around the world as the brave and intelligent idealistic soldiers that they were and are looked to for inspiration by oppressed people when it looks like they are facing impossible odds

And that's a legacy to be really proud of"

I really think you need to get on a plane and get out of Ireland - I can tell you know that it isn’t. I travel around the world and I can tell you anyone who knows anything about it look at NI as a place not to visit because they think it full of evil nutters- something I point out isn’t the case - the rest say it’s good the IRA failed isn’t it. And those that no anything realise the worse oppression was by the IRA, and still is - even the IRA, trying to attack your hero! Really tells you about their metality - they are a poor version of ISIS that equally want to oppress their own.

NI remains having issues compared to mainland Britain because of the effects of the IRA, even over the republic. So the reason it was and remains in issues is the IRA SF

West Midlands

The Ira are dead and thanks for that

kildare

"Just face it the British empire did some stupid things, the Modern IRA was a twisted corrupt evil shadow of the actual reason it ever existed.

They were and remain cowards and have no place in todays world.

What they did may have made sense to them at the time but history now can show they prolonged and caused suffering for something that would have been resolved years early

And ultimately all they have done - is mean that even in 2018 the only thing they have left is divide and persecution, fear and a lack of freedom to normal people who just want to live in todays world not some history book, they couldn’t care what nation, colour sex or street someone comes from. They don’t want to keep thinking that cus someone is British they somehow represent a politician from a 100 years ago or even 30 years ago. Or a soldier or a coward hiding.

And actually talking if anyone involved in that eta at all is not what they want - most want to not seen gerry Adams in the press for anything - so they can get on with becoming something better.

It’s 2018 "

2018 and the British war mac_ine is still murdering Innocent civilians and is still being supported by the British public and by my fellow British fabbers here with your support our boys threads

Its past history for Ireland because of people like Gerry Adams but its not history so many others where you still invade and bomb

By *ork ClassCouple  over a year ago

Cork

As an Irish man I have read this post with disappointment and disgust.

You have used comments as scum , thugs , gobshites, cowards etc!!

Correct me if I am wrong but who started that war and invaded our Island , sent over the black and tans to beat , r-pe , starve and murder who ever they chose .

The Good Friday agreement ended 800 yrs of yer torment , torture and hell and if ye want to rant and rave that it was all our doing then keep fooling yourselves.