FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > So... vote leave cheated, leave.eu cheated

So... vote leave cheated, leave.eu cheated

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *abio OP   Man  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

BeLeave cheated... Aaron banks cheated, gove and johnson lied

Is there anyone on that side that didn’t fib?

On a serious note though at what point do people start thinking..... hmmmmmmm

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *alking HeadMan  over a year ago

Bolton

"BeLeave cheated... Aaron banks cheated, gove and johnson lied

On a serious note though at what point do people start thinking..... hmmmmmmm"

I always think hmmmmmmm every time the government push anything through my letterbox.

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

And the 9 million or so of taxpayers money that the government spent on project fear was OK then?

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

"And the 9 million or so of taxpayers money that the government spent on project fear was OK then?"

I think both sides were bankrolled by the state.

The remain campaign by the UK state.

And the leave campaign by the Russian state.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"And the 9 million or so of taxpayers money that the government spent on project fear was OK then?"

Yes.

Love the “project fear” catchphrase.

Stage one

The boat is sinking, “project fear”.

Stage two

My feet are getting wet, “project fear”.

Stage three

The boat is completely underwater, “project fear”.

Stage four

Everyone has drowned, .....

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"And the 9 million or so of taxpayers money that the government spent on project fear was OK then?

Stage one

Stage two

Stage three

Stage four

"

Somewhere in that scenario some people managed to board a lifeboat called Brexit to escape from the big sinking ship called the EU. Brexiters want to row away in the lifeboat, Remainers want to row the lifeboat back towards the sinking ship.

You'll have to try a little harder than just going Nuh-uh!

Yes because it's the government's duty to advise the people and they were in favour of remain. This was done before the spending limits came into force. After the said date both sides had spending limits. The fact that we had vote leave and leave EU meant they had double the £7m limit. Beleave would have been ok if they hadn't been "controlled" by vote leave. Banks on the other hand gave £21m. Also the Russian influences too doesn't help our democracy. Funny how Gove has said They lied about Turkey joining the EU. The big problem is we have to trust this shower to run the country for the good of the people not just the few. Only a few months to go and we will see what sort of country we will have.

By *andS66Couple  over a year ago

Derby

"And the 9 million or so of taxpayers money that the government spent on project fear was OK then?

Yes because it's the government's duty to advise the people and they were in favour of remain. This was done before the spending limits came into force. After the said date both sides had spending limits. The fact that we had vote leave and leave EU meant they had double the £7m limit. Beleave would have been ok if they hadn't been "controlled" by vote leave. Banks on the other hand gave £21m. Also the Russian influences too doesn't help our democracy. Funny how Gove has said They lied about Turkey joining the EU. The big problem is we have to trust this shower to run the country for the good of the people not just the few. Only a few months to go and we will see what sort of country we will have."

Just a thought...

The government's position now is to leave. If they announced another referendum, would they then spend £9M on sending us all a leaflet telling us how crap being in the EU is, and advising us to vote leave?

By *bandjam91Couple  over a year ago

London

Stage one

Stage two

Stage three

Stage four

"

Doubly ironic given the leave campaign was basically "project fear the brown people"

By *ot Wife BeckyCouple  over a year ago

Agde, France

Yes because it's the government's duty to advise the people and they were in favour of remain. This was done before the spending limits came into force. After the said date both sides had spending limits. The fact that we had vote leave and leave EU meant they had double the £7m limit. Beleave would have been ok if they hadn't been "controlled" by vote leave. Banks on the other hand gave £21m. Also the Russian influences too doesn't help our democracy. Funny how Gove has said They lied about Turkey joining the EU. The big problem is we have to trust this shower to run the country for the good of the people not just the few. Only a few months to go and we will see what sort of country we will have.

Just a thought...

The government's position now is to leave. If they announced another referendum, would they then spend £9M on sending us all a leaflet telling us how crap being in the EU is, and advising us to vote leave?

"

Of course the governments position is to leave. That was as a result of the referendum..!!

Before that, the advice was to stay in.

Same as just about every expert in every field..

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

Despite proof that they lied and cheated, even admissions from the people themselves, leavers still refuse to believe they have been misled.

They are delusional.

In the scheme of influencers, I think overspending probably is low down on the list. While it undermines credibility of the party, I’d imagine those whose credibility is most important (eg the MPs) is least damaged as they were not watching the pennies.

Any suggestions of cross subsidisation is a bit more worrying as it’s wilful intent. My biggest concern here would be if there was any evidence that having the ability to offer two voices in collusion was intentional. Eg using one party could push the boundaries of honesty to influence voters, while alllowing the other to maintain an air of fair play, all the while being run from the same underlying play book. As far as I can tell this hadn’t happened... but haven’t dug deep. (I prefer debating the arguments, not the politics !)

By *alking HeadMan  over a year ago

Bolton

"Despite proof that they lied and cheated, even admissions from the people themselves, leavers still refuse to believe they have been misled.

They are delusional. "

Apart from the people who already had the opinion that they wanted out of the EU. I'm just hoping that the whole thing acts as a reset button for the original members of the EEC.

Cambridge

"Despite proof that they lied and cheated, even admissions from the people themselves, leavers still refuse to believe they have been misled.

They are delusional.

Apart from the people who already had the opinion that they wanted out of the EU. I'm just hoping that the whole thing acts as a reset button for the original members of the EEC."

So if you already knew you wanted to leave, and weren't taken in by their lies, then you should be able to identify the lies told by the campaign. What do you think were the worst 3 lies they told?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Intelligent and reasonable people are already very unhappy with the totally wrong referendum ethics, cheating and illegal brexit activities.

A winning result should be set in advance at a fixed position minimum level and be void where illegal activities are followed.

At this point the public should get a referendum on the brexit offer, unless the whole leave result is voided.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

They are delusional. "

I haven't met anyone on either side who had their position changed by either campaign. All a waste of money.

I'll leave it here that the current form of democracy is a broken vehicle for governance and decision making.

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman  over a year ago

stourbridge area

Tell me one person you can trust in politics. ..

Central

They are delusional.

Research shows that marketing including advertising, is effective - and particularly for those who believe that they are not influenced by it. Anecdotes don't cut it. Money is spent on campaigns because they influence - and targeted ads that are tailored to the specific person, potentially each person gets a different advert, were commonplace in the referendum.

Electoral laws are important and the senior politicians involved in this should potentially be banned from holding office for life.

I haven't met anyone on either side who had their position changed by either campaign. All a waste of money. "

Central

They are delusional.

Research shows that marketing including advertising, is effective - and particularly for those who believe that they are not influenced by it. Anecdotes don't cut it. Money is spent on campaigns because they influence - and targeted ads that are tailored to the specific person, potentially each person gets a different advert, were commonplace in the referendum.

Electoral laws are important and the senior politicians involved in this should potentially be banned from holding office for life.

"

Quotes a bit messed up there

Cambridge

They are delusional.

I haven't met anyone on either side who had their position changed by either campaign. All a waste of money. "

So why did vote leave cheat and spend more then?

salisbury

They are delusional.

I haven't met anyone on either side who had their position changed by either campaign. All a waste of money.

So why did vote leave cheat and spend more then? "

Who knows? i expect the vast majority of leave voters have been leave voters 'in waiting' for years! Just as most remainers have been pro Europe. Probably milking the expences...

salisbury

They are delusional.

Individually targeting all those euro sceptic pensioners? I doubt it.

Cambridge

They are delusional.

Who knows? i expect the vast majority of leave voters have been leave voters 'in waiting' for years! Just as most remainers have been pro Europe. Probably milking the expences..."

Everyone knows, they did it to influence the vote. That's the whole purpose of political campaigns.

You view that campaigns make no difference is not rooted in reality as every election and referendum the world over has money spent on it.

salisbury

They are delusional.

Who knows? i expect the vast majority of leave voters have been leave voters 'in waiting' for years! Just as most remainers have been pro Europe. Probably milking the expences...

Everyone knows, they did it to influence the vote. That's the whole purpose of political campaigns.

You view that campaigns make no difference is not rooted in reality as every election and referendum the world over has money spent on it."

So why don't the Tories invest in campaigns in Wales to get the Welsh to vote for them ? By your theory, throw enough cash at it and they'd turn Wales blue. Same with Liverpool etc.

Cambridge

They are delusional.

You view that campaigns make no difference is not rooted in reality as every election and referendum the world over has money spent on it.

So why don't the Tories invest in campaigns in Wales to get the Welsh to vote for them ? By your theory, throw enough cash at it and they'd turn Wales blue. Same with Liverpool etc. "

Firstly, they do campaign in Wales, secondly, they can't just throw cash at it, that's illegal. They would be breaking campaign finance laws.

They are delusional.

Until this all kicked off I hadn’t really thought long and hard about the EU. Did the campaigning have a direct influence ? I don’t know. Did it focus where I spent time delving deeper. Probably. Could this have influenced my vote. Possibly.

I also suspect the campaigning had influence at a macro level. Studies show voting preferences can be subconsciously influenced by a range of factors such as how questions are worded, the order of answers, where polling stations are etc. If a campaign could influence a change here, there could have been indirect influence.

salisbury

They are delusional.

So why don't the Tories invest in campaigns in Wales to get the Welsh to vote for them ? By your theory, throw enough cash at it and they'd turn Wales blue. Same with Liverpool etc.

Firstly, they do campaign in Wales, secondly, they can't just throw cash at it, that's illegal. They would be breaking campaign finance laws. "

I don't think it would make any difference.

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

They are delusional.

Until this all kicked off I hadn’t really thought long and hard about the EU. Did the campaigning have a direct influence ? I don’t know. Did it focus where I spent time delving deeper. Probably. Could this have influenced my vote. Possibly.

I also suspect the campaigning had influence at a macro level. Studies show voting preferences can be subconsciously influenced by a range of factors such as how questions are worded, the order of answers, where polling stations are etc. If a campaign could influence a change here, there could have been indirect influence. "

The fact that there is an investigation going on about Cambridge Analytica's involvement in the referendum. A company whose parent company SCL founded by Nigel Oakes and Alexander NIx's entire reason for existing it to use data and (mis)information to sway public behaviour.

Just do ahalf an hour of reading and you will see that Nigel Farage, Andy Wigmore, Bannon, Trump, Robert Mercer... are all linked together via Cambridge Analytica.

So regardless of what you think *your* opinion was and if it changed, there is a very substantial pile of evidence pointing towards organisations being funded to mislead the public and sway the vote to leave (and to elect Trump).

-Matt

salisbury

I guess this just proves the only really trustworthy people were the remainers, led by David Cameron.

Cambridge

They are delusional.

Firstly, they do campaign in Wales, secondly, they can't just throw cash at it, that's illegal. They would be breaking campaign finance laws.

I don't think it would make any difference. "

The fact that it is against the law means that the powers that be in this country disagree with you. The fact that there are campaign finance laws in countries around the world also shows that those societies also disagree with you.

Barbados

"I guess this just proves the only really trustworthy people were the remainers, led by David Cameron. "

You can trust who you want. I certainly wouldn't trust Cameron further than I could throw a pig's head.

-Matt

salisbury

"I guess this just proves the only really trustworthy people were the remainers, led by David Cameron.

You can trust who you want. I certainly wouldn't trust Cameron further than I could throw a pig's head.

-Matt"

Maybe that's why leave won..

Barbados

"I guess this just proves the only really trustworthy people were the remainers, led by David Cameron.

-Matt

Maybe that's why leave won.."

I'm sure there is an element of that. I think the leave campaign very much played on emotions and scare tactics and at the end of the day, that was more effective.

-Matt

Cambridge

-Matt

Maybe that's why leave won..

I'm sure there is an element of that. I think the leave campaign very much played on emotions and scare tactics and at the end of the day, that was more effective.

-Matt"

Plus the info from Cambridge Analytica, and the lies they told and the extra spending, all helped to scrape out a narrow victory with will condemn this country for generations.

Cannock

They are delusional.

Firstly, they do campaign in Wales, secondly, they can't just throw cash at it, that's illegal. They would be breaking campaign finance laws. "

Parties do throw cash at elections though. The tories cheated to win with overspending in the seat of South Thanet in the 2015 general election where Nigel Farage came 2nd. You don't seem to be getting your knickers in a twist about that though. Should that result have been overturned and victory handed to Farage instead?

The Liberal Democrats were also found guilty of over spending in the 2015 general election and were fined by the electoral commission. Overspending seems to be a common thing in UK elections these days.

Cambridge

They are delusional.

Parties do throw cash at elections though. The tories cheated to win with overspending in the seat of South Thanet in the 2015 general election where Nigel Farage came 2nd. You don't seem to be getting your knickers in a twist about that though. Should that result have been overturned and victory handed to Farage instead?

The Liberal Democrats were also found guilty of over spending in the 2015 general election and were fined by the electoral commission. Overspending seems to be a common thing in UK elections these days. "

It shouldn't be, there should be very tough penalties for the parties, and the candidates, and the election or referendum should be re-run.

Barbados

They are delusional.

The Liberal Democrats were also found guilty of over spending in the 2015 general election and were fined by the electoral commission. Overspending seems to be a common thing in UK elections these days. "

Well the trial for those involved in South Thanet, Craig Mackinlay, Nathan Gray, Marion Little has been delayed again, it was due to be two months ago, but as far as I know, no new date has been set.

But I'm sure you will remember Centy, that a lot of people were concerned about it at the time here.

-Matt

"

Lol Russia it's all there fault grow up and just deal with the fact we voted leave and we are so small now I'd be very surprised if Russia ever cared or noticed what we do anymore

Cambridge

Lol Russia it's all there fault grow up and just deal with the fact we voted leave and we are so small now I'd be very surprised if Russia ever cared or noticed what we do anymore "

And yet they are carrying out nerve agent attacks on British soil and have murdered a British citizen.

Lol Russia it's all there fault grow up and just deal with the fact we voted leave and we are so small now I'd be very surprised if Russia ever cared or noticed what we do anymore

And yet they are carrying out nerve agent attacks on British soil and have murdered a British citizen. "

Have they maybe I missed it being proven that they did that and even if they did it just shows what a washed up power the UK is

Cambridge

And yet they are carrying out nerve agent attacks on British soil and have murdered a British citizen.

Have they maybe I missed it being proven that they did that and even if they did it just shows what a washed up power the UK is "

Do you normally expect sight of secret intelligence documents?

Have they maybe I missed it being proven that they did that and even if they did it just shows what a washed up power the UK is

Do you normally expect sight of secret intelligence documents? "

I don't just believe what I've been told without some kind of evidence this isn't Russia we live lol

"I guess this just proves the only really trustworthy people were the remainers, led by David Cameron. "

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

A selection of illegally funded "BeLeave" adds for your enjoyment:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44966969

Bristol East

"

Lol Russia it's all there fault grow up and just deal with the fact we voted leave and we are so small now I'd be very surprised if Russia ever cared or noticed what we do anymore "

You're right - Russia isn't really interested in what the UK does or doesn't do. It is interested in weakening the EU, however. That is something they have in common with Trump.

Cambridge

"A selection of illegally funded "BeLeave" adds for your enjoyment:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44966969"

Quite a disgusting selection.

By *igsteve43Man  over a year ago

derby

There was a prominent remainer on daily politics a couple of weeks ago who said if they investigated remain they would also find wrongdoing. He also went on to say it did not matter, after all 70 million people got a leaflet telling them to vote remain and only 16 million did

West London

"There was a prominent remainer on daily politics a couple of weeks ago who said if they investigated remain they would also find wrongdoing. He also went on to say it did not matter, after all 70 million people got a leaflet telling them to vote remain and only 16 million did"

Could be true. I would be surprised if there has not been an investigation, but if nothing is found then there's nothing to prosecute.

The adverts paid for by the extra cash were interestingly fact free though. Innuendo and emotion.

They lied, cheated and broke the law with help from Russia. There is no way leaving the EU will benefit the uk.

By *ertwoCouple  over a year ago

omagh

Idiots still believe the lies being told by project fear. Even the BBC are in the EU hands due to the millions they get every year from the EU. Time we kept our tax in this country to spend as we want instead of handing it over to the EU which give us about 60% back in such generous grants keeping the rest for fat pensions of EU staff.

Barbados

"Idiots still believe the lies being told by project fear. Even the BBC are in the EU hands due to the millions they get every year from the EU. Time we kept our tax in this country to spend as we want instead of handing it over to the EU which give us about 60% back in such generous grants keeping the rest for fat pensions of EU staff."

You know what, those cunts at the pub did the same to me too! I handed them a tenner for a beer and they only gave me 7 quid change. Fucking bastards.

-Matt

"Idiots still believe the lies being told by project fear. Even the BBC are in the EU hands due to the millions they get every year from the EU. Time we kept our tax in this country to spend as we want instead of handing it over to the EU which give us about 60% back in such generous grants keeping the rest for fat pensions of EU staff."

Like Nigel Farage? Not bad pension 72,000pa - whose laughing all the way to the bank?

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

I think many people do not think,about anything they vote with pure emotion.

Your post is slanted,as the remain side told many lies to as do all sides in any vote

Cambridge

On a serious note though at what point do people start thinking..... hmmmmmmmI think many people do not think,about anything they vote with pure emotion.

Your post is slanted,as the remain side told many lies to as do all sides in any vote"

Well it's pretty stupid to vote without thinking.

Has anybody seen channel 4 news item on Aaron Banks? Russians, guns, bribes - he'd make a good politician!

So you're saying the leavers lied - well just makes me glad i didn't listen to any of the arguments then .

[Removed by poster at 28/07/18 11:09:12]

So you're saying the leavers lied - well just makes me glad i didn't listen to any of the arguments then .

"

I voted leave

I had plenty of govt propaganda through my letterbox but not from the leave camp. I voted leave based on my belief we had outgrown what the "common market" had become AND that there was a large sector of capitalists trying to encourage us to remain... I'm a proletariat , it's in my blood to oppose the bourgeoisie

Cambridge

"

so you should be able to easily identify some of their lies then. which one do you think was the worst?

They are delusional. "

Silly, silly boy (just going on the fact you're younger than ), if the oldies like me had become disillusioned with the eu, we didn't listen to the arguments, so nope not owning the delusional cap - try again

Cambridge

I had plenty of govt propaganda through my letterbox but not from the leave camp. I voted leave based on my belief we had outgrown what the "common market" had become AND that there was a large sector of capitalists trying to encourage us to remain... I'm a proletariat , it's in my blood to oppose the bourgeoisie "

So you sided with JRM, Boris, Banks and Farage? How very proletariat of you. Do think that Marx would have sided with them?

They are delusional.

Apart from the people who already had the opinion that they wanted out of the EU."

My point exactly

so you should be able to easily identify some of their lies then. which one do you think was the worst? "

What bit about not listening to the arguments did you not get?

However i did see the NHS suggestion though and couldn't believe people were taking it as gospel . I thought people had more commonsense than that.

I had plenty of govt propaganda through my letterbox but not from the leave camp. I voted leave based on my belief we had outgrown what the "common market" had become AND that there was a large sector of capitalists trying to encourage us to remain... I'm a proletariat , it's in my blood to oppose the bourgeoisie

So you sided with JRM, Boris, Banks and Farage? How very proletariat of you. Do think that Marx would have sided with them? "

I made a point of reading the govt or neutral leaflet on various impresarios, who they were voting for. My mind interpreted it as fat cats want to get richer and will vote thus. It was irrelevant to me re the politicians, who was on what side.

If i was swayed by politics, since i sway to the left, it would have been remain.

So you sided with JRM, Boris, Banks and Farage? How very proletariat of you. Do think that Marx would have sided with them?

I made a point of reading the govt or neutral leaflet on various impresarios, who they were voting for. My mind interpreted it as fat cats want to get richer and will vote thus. It was irrelevant to me re the politicians, who was on what side.

If i was swayed by politics, since i sway to the left, it would have been remain.

"

Can I ask why you voted leave ? What made you think staying was for fat cats only ?

Can I ask why you voted leave ? What made you think staying was for fat cats only ? "

I stated earlier with regards to the "common market". As for staying = fat cats only, no it's just they had a vested financial interest in staying, ie not for common good but in their own interest.

Can I ask why you voted leave ? What made you think staying was for fat cats only ?

I stated earlier with regards to the "common market". As for staying = fat cats only, no it's just they had a vested financial interest in staying, ie not for common good but in their own interest.

"

my mistake. I agree some have an interest in staying. But most people have a vested interest in why they vote.

Can you explain the outgrowing the common market. I’m not sure what that means in real terms

Ps hope you don’t mind me asking. You seem to have a considered position which you can articulate, which is not common round these parts !!

my mistake. I agree some have an interest in staying. But most people have a vested interest in why they vote.

Can you explain the outgrowing the common market. I’m not sure what that means in real terms

Ps hope you don’t mind me asking. You seem to have a considered position which you can articulate, which is not common round these parts !!"

If the eu had stayed within the original remit of the common market regarding trade, then i doubt we'd be leaving. Now I'm not saying the evolving EEC - EU didn't do good stuff (sometimes i articulate in a lazy manner ), however, there's a feeling of it getting too big for its boots and membership doesn't appear equal. Let's face it, politicians run it, and politicians, by their very nature, are not transparent.

Bristol East

"

If the eu had stayed within the original remit of the common market regarding trade, then i doubt we'd be leaving. Now I'm not saying the evolving EEC - EU didn't do good stuff (sometimes i articulate in a lazy manner ), however, there's a feeling of it getting too big for its boots and membership doesn't appear equal. Let's face it, politicians run it, and politicians, by their very nature, are not transparent. "

The greatest irony for me can be found in the Cold War.

This country spent vast sums of money trying to bring down the iron curtain that separated the people of Europe.

We wanted people living in the Warsaw Pact states to have the same freedoms as us.

When they got then, we didn't like and ran for the hills.

What a waste of fookin' money that was, eh?

Costa Blanca Spain...

Sergio Ramos cheated in the Champions League Final.

Real Madrid still won though.

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

Yes."

rubbish

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

Both sides,told big porkies .I made my mind up long ago .I don't listen to shit

Cambridge

"Both sides,told big porkies .I made my mind up long ago .I don't listen to shit "

What is the biggest lie the leave campaigns told?

Costa Blanca Spain...

"Both sides,told big porkies .I made my mind up long ago .I don't listen to shit

What is the biggest lie the leave campaigns told?"

Emergency budget the day after a leave vote.

Stock market crash.

Instant recession.

None happened.

West London

"Both sides,told big porkies .I made my mind up long ago .I don't listen to shit

What is the biggest lie the leave campaigns told?

Emergency budget the day after a leave vote.

Stock market crash.

Instant recession.

None happened.

"

That wasn't the Leave campaign. That was remain exaggeration.

What was the biggest lie the Leave campaign told?

Cannock

"

I had plenty of govt propaganda through my letterbox but not from the leave camp. "

Ah, that would have been the £9 million quid taxpayer funded government (remain) leaflet that Cameron and Osborne decided to send to every house in the UK, which of course they didn't afford an equal amount dedicated to a leave leaflet sent to every house in the UK at a cost of £9 million quid to the taxpayer.

Talk about a biased one sided attempt at vote rigging from Remain then this is it. Even after a blatant attempt such as this to stack the deck in remain's favour though they still lost, this speaks volumes.

Cannock

So you sided with JRM, Boris, Banks and Farage? How very proletariat of you. Do think that Marx would have sided with them? "

Not specifically them, but Marx may have sided with George Galloway, Kate Hoey, Frank Field and Dennis Skinner, all of whom supported Leave.

» Add a new message to this topic