FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Illegal to pay Ex-Pat Pensions

Illegal to pay Ex-Pat Pensions

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *LCC OP   Couple  over a year ago

Cambridge

According to testimony today, in the event of a no-deal Brexit, you know, the kind that many Brexiters on here advocate, it could become illegal to pay pensions to British ex-pats living in the EU. In light of this, is it time to stop advocating for a no-deal Brexit?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/no-deal-brexit-ex-pat-pensions-illegal-retired-eu-europe-theresa-may-a8461166.html

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"

According to testimony today, in the event of a no-deal Brexit, you know, the kind that many Brexiters on here advocate, it could become illegal to pay pensions to British ex-pats living in the EU. In light of this, is it time to stop advocating for a no-deal Brexit?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/no-deal-brexit-ex-pat-pensions-illegal-retired-eu-europe-theresa-may-a8461166.html"

Ex pats? Probably all remoaners, fuck their pensions.

"

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/no-deal-brexit-ex-pat-pensions-illegal-retired-eu-europe-theresa-may-a8461166.html"

All those brits living in Spain who voted out will be crying into their sangria tonight...

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

Why do you call migrants ex-pats?

"Why do you call migrants ex-pats?"

Perhaps they are no longer patriotic, if they ever were. Fuck em..

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"

Nobody should want a no deal brexit,that is as bad as staying in the EU.

By *eedsandyMan  over a year ago

Leeds

Why not? Even May said that no deal was better than a bad deal. Although she has since had amnesia on the subject.

And the pension issue is nonsense. Apparently, some countries in the EU don't allow private, insurance based pensions to be paid, which is bizarre, so if you moved their from the UK, there could be a problem. Except that there won't be, because you would just keep a UK bank account and have it paid in there as you did prior to leaving the UK.

Just more scaremongering nonsense.

"Why do you call migrants ex-pats?

Perhaps they are no longer patriotic, if they ever were. Fuck em.."

And this ladies and gentlemen represents where we are as a nation. This country is truly, 100%, absolutely going down the shitter.

Cambridge

"Why not? Even May said that no deal was better than a bad deal. Although she has since had amnesia on the subject.

And the pension issue is nonsense. Apparently, some countries in the EU don't allow private, insurance based pensions to be paid, which is bizarre, so if you moved their from the UK, there could be a problem. Except that there won't be, because you would just keep a UK bank account and have it paid in there as you did prior to leaving the UK.

Just more scaremongering nonsense."

Would you believe any person/expert or body, in any field at all, that told you that there maybe a downside to Brexit? If so, whom?

By *rench letterCouple  over a year ago

Chorley,

Well said, could not have put it better myself. Those who have retired abroad if they have worked hard they deserve to move somewhere with a better way of life and should not be penalised for the foolish mistake of Brexiters.

"Why do you call migrants ex-pats?"

Because they're white.

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

[Removed by poster at 24/07/18 23:10:15]

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

fake scare news again x

Cambridge

"fake scare news again x"

It's got a video of testimony to parliament. Do you think it was filmed with look-a-likes?

"fake scare news again x"

Must be comforting not to have to think and just vomit out the words "fake news" when you're confronted with something you don't like.

The wisdom of age, I suppose...

By *bandjam91Couple  over a year ago

London

"fake scare news again x

Must be comforting not to have to think and just vomit out the words "fake news" when you're confronted with something you don't like.

The wisdom of age, I suppose..."

I blame Trump. And clickbait.

"

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/no-deal-brexit-ex-pat-pensions-illegal-retired-eu-europe-theresa-may-a8461166.html

All those brits living in Spain who voted out will be crying into their sangria tonight... "

Why would they vote leave?

By *bandjam91Couple  over a year ago

London

"

All those brits living in Spain who voted out will be crying into their sangria tonight...

Why would they vote leave? "

Because the average leave voter isn't that smart

Cambridge

"

Why would they vote leave?

Because the average leave voter isn't that smart"

"Why not? Even May said that no deal was better than a bad deal. Although she has since had amnesia on the subject.

I agree the reporting is on the sensationalist side. However it does show there will be addd complexities post brexit. Not everyone will have a uk bank account. I suspect it could also create additional tax complexities as a person could be receiving income in different tax jurisdictions. And given this covers all types of insurance, it may be there conplexities kick in at a difficult point in life eg when seriously ill.

Actually as someone who is in this situation and taken advice - alas from experts but better than the "fab forum" experts here is the situation.

Ok British migrants in the EU will still be entitled to their state pension which can be paid in UK or host country.

Private insurance based annuities which are paid into overseas bank accounts will not be possible if there is no deal. They can be paid into UK bank accounts. Ok here comes the uncertainty - if there is a no deal and the economy tanks UK banks may not allow none resident accounts. Secondly if the UK imposes exchange controls (like we had before we joined), then could the Brits get their cash? Very complex and worrying.

Finally to the arsehole who said fuck em I only have this to say. I have paid over 40 years of tax, NI contributions, been a member of the armed forces who has seen active service and got medals - what the fuck have you done for your country. Oh and I have never claimed a penny in benefits!

By *inkywife1981Couple  over a year ago

A town near you

No one in these forums knows how any of this brexit nonsense will work out so why not wait until the cookie crumbles and then see where the pieces land and you can argue back and forth to your hearts content.

Because at present not even the so called experts no what is going to happen so my advice is to stop bitching at each other for the time being

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"No one in these forums knows how any of this brexit nonsense will work out so why not wait until the cookie crumbles and then see where the pieces land and you can argue back and forth to your hearts content.

Because at present not even the so called experts no what is going to happen so my advice is to stop bitching at each other for the time being"

Interesting post....

One thing though....

Tell that to the person who posted above you.. because where it is talk to some , you are actually talking about someone else’s real life.. and not knowing even at this stage must be worrying...

I am still looking at the option of getting an Irish passport to protect myself, but waiting to see what happens before posting it off

By *andm288Couple  over a year ago

oxford

"Actually as someone who is in this situation and taken advice - alas from experts but better than the "fab forum" experts here is the situation.

Ok British migrants in the EU will still be entitled to their state pension which can be paid in UK or host country.

Private insurance based annuities which are paid into overseas bank accounts will not be possible if there is no deal. They can be paid into UK bank accounts. Ok here comes the uncertainty - if there is a no deal and the economy tanks UK banks may not allow none resident accounts. Secondly if the UK imposes exchange controls (like we had before we joined), then could the Brits get their cash? Very complex and worrying.

Finally to the arsehole who said fuck em I only have this to say. I have paid over 40 years of tax, NI contributions, been a member of the armed forces who has seen active service and got medals - what the fuck have you done for your country. Oh and I have never claimed a penny in benefits!"

Fair fucking play Sir couldn’t of put it better myself

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

"No one in these forums knows how any of this brexit nonsense will work out so why not wait until the cookie crumbles and then see where the pieces land and you can argue back and forth to your hearts content.

Because at present not even the so called experts no what is going to happen so my advice is to stop bitching at each other for the time being

Interesting post....

One thing though....

Tell that to the person who posted above you.. because where it is talk to some , you are actually talking about someone else’s real life.. and not knowing even at this stage must be worrying...

I am still looking at the option of getting an Irish passport to protect myself, but waiting to see what happens before posting it off

"

Exactly. This affects real people in real life. I have several EU national colleuages that live and work in Bristol. They are both higher rate tax payers and have young families, born here in the U.K. They are having to pay thousands of pounds each to ensure that their kids hqve a right to stay here and their families are not split up. This is not imaginary. This is a real threat that they are facing. This is something that they are worried about to a point of having to pay thousands of pounds, and take time off work to sort out. They are an asset to this country, financially, culturally and in terms of our skills base. And yet they are being made to feel unwelcome. This is not right. This does not benefit anyone.

-Matt

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"

Ex pats? Probably all remoaners, fuck their pensions. "

That's the attitude I associate with brexit supporters

Fuck em

On that very principle alone is enough for me to rationalise that their perspective is worthy zero respect or credibility

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

"

Exactly. This affects real people in real life. I have several EU national colleuages that live and work in Bristol. They are both higher rate tax payers and have young families, born here in the U.K. They are having to pay thousands of pounds each to ensure that their kids hqve a right to stay here and their families are not split up. This is not imaginary. This is a real threat that they are facing. This is something that they are worried about to a point of having to pay thousands of pounds, and take time off work to sort out. They are an asset to this country, financially, culturally and in terms of our skills base. And yet they are being made to feel unwelcome. This is not right. This does not benefit anyone.

-Matt"

After watching how the UK treated a "hostile environment" for immigrants and the scandalous treatment of the Windrush people, I am not surprised they are worried how they will be treated in Brexshit Britain.

By *inkywife1981Couple  over a year ago

A town near you

Interesting post....

One thing though....

-Matt"

Forgive my ignorance but why are they paying thousands of euro to.ensure their children can stay in the country and why do they feel unwelcome all of a sudden. I have some polish friends living in UK and they say they couldn't give a flying fuck what's going on as still the same country stop get up work sleep shit play etc nothing has changed for them yet.and they very doubtful anything will

She was buying votes. It wasn't amnesia. Just soundbites to win the ukip and brexiter votes. Have you ever heard people say they hate office politics. It's closely related to politicians.

» Add a new message to this topic