FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Authority

Authority

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Authority with police cuts. Prisons going down the pan no respect and no authority. No one paying attention to doctors (measles outbreak) or listening to teacher's. No trust in the government who is held accountable. This is my thought for the day/night x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

It is the ideology of austerity.

A redistribution of wealth from the many to the few.

Remove funding from those services that benefit the many; re-allocate to cuts in taxation for those at the higher end of society.

The outcome is a widening of inequality, resulting in rising resentment towards the ruling classes and a growth in populism and demagoguery.

The sequence is repeated throughout history.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I think that as you disempower people, whilst they experience harsh or traumatic conditions, you get increases of them taking action that signifies them taking control. A disempowered people in crisis become less trusting of others, especially those in authority and I see that reflected in their diminished trust in authority. We've also had a government that has decried 'experts', which facilitates citizens following suit.

When overwhelmed, people resort to closing down and taking snap decisions, with these often not well thought through and acting against themselves. The MMR vaccination reduced take-up is possibly influenced by this - no one wants their children to be infected and potentially to die but they've lost some trust in the system, due to reckless influence from the media, arising from an unscrupulous Doctor funded by pharmaceutical companies.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

People today are offended by pretty much everything but there seems a real lack of respect for authority and no one to look up to. My dad only had to raise his voice slightly or that look I would get of my mum or fear of being naughty at school and going to the heads office x

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Authority with police cuts. Prisons going down the pan no respect and no authority. No one paying attention to doctors (measles outbreak) or listening to teacher's. No trust in the government who is held accountable. This is my thought for the day/night x"
I agree with every word you say very worrying

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"It is the ideology of austerity.

A redistribution of wealth from the many to the few.

Remove funding from those services that benefit the many; re-allocate to cuts in taxation for those at the higher end of society.

The outcome is a widening of inequality, resulting in rising resentment towards the ruling classes and a growth in populism and demagoguery.

The sequence is repeated throughout history.

"

Very interesting,in principal I agree with you but you do not look at the reasons for these events,it is a big subject

» Add a new message to this topic