FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Brexit shambles

Brexit shambles

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *orningtonCroissant OP   Man  over a year ago

notts and humberside

It’s a dog’s dinner. Surely time to change track ? Committed remainer here by the way

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *izzy RascallMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

Hurry up but have another vote.

Then if needed, have another and call it 'Best of three' it's not quite 'Rock, Paper, Scissors' but that usually sorts a lot of life problems out with me and my mates

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Don't worry, Nige, Boris, and Jacob will sort it.

Don't get me started....

"Don't worry, Nige, Boris, and Jacob will sort it.

Don't get me started...."

Might as well be the Looney Tunes. Probably do a better job!

By *m3232Man  over a year ago

maidenhead

It’s all staged to get everyone to change there mind and stay.

We voted out so we should get out and don’t get me started on the losers who want a second vote clowns.

All there will be is a 3 to 5% duty on goods both ways just like outside Europe

"It’s all staged to get everyone to change there mind and stay.

We voted out so we should get out and don’t get me started on the losers who want a second vote clowns.

All there will be is a 3 to 5% duty on goods both ways just like outside Europe "

And customs checks at the border, on everything coming in to the UK and out. Grinding to a halt anyone?

What's Brexit?

"What's Brexit?"

It's the door out of a walk in freezer

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

Que Sera Sera

maidenhead

And customs checks at the border, on everything coming in to the UK and out. Grinding to a halt anyone?"

Again trying to make you all change your mind. Let’s not do because it will make our life harder lol. You still need to show your picture id what’s the difference to a passport lol.

Out will be the best thing to happen especially when euro goes broke in 5 to 10 years it’s a fact and it’s coming

And customs checks at the border, on everything coming in to the UK and out. Grinding to a halt anyone?

Again trying to make you all change your mind. Let’s not do because it will make our life harder lol. You still need to show your picture id what’s the difference to a passport lol.

Out will be the best thing to happen especially when euro goes broke in 5 to 10 years it’s a fact and it’s coming "

Erm I don't think goods have a passport.

"What's Brexit?

It's the door out of a walk in freezer "

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Out will be the best thing to happen especially when euro goes broke in 5 to 10 years it’s a fact and it’s coming "

We are not in the euro..

Is that the same fact that if we voted to leave others would vote the same straight after they had elected far right governing parties? Germany, Netherlands etc..

in Lancashire

"What's Brexit?"

What a clumsy person from Yorkshire does..

By *homasP80Man  over a year ago

Linwood

"Don't worry, Nige, Boris, and Jacob will sort it.

Don't get me started....

Might as well be the Looney Tunes. Probably do a better job!"

True. What a shambles

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cumbria

Very few of us will even be able to tell if we're in or out..

Nothing will change

"Very few of us will even be able to tell if we're in or out..

Nothing will change"

Then why leave?

By *elloIntrigueMan  over a year ago

North West UK

"What's Brexit?

What a clumsy person from Yorkshire does.. "

#Lancashirehumour .. I thought this

maidenhead

Out will be the best thing to happen especially when euro goes broke in 5 to 10 years it’s a fact and it’s coming

Erm I don't think goods have a passport. "

Get with the plan and learn. To send stuff out of Europe 5 invoices and a commodity code on them to send stuff to Europe 1 invoice and no code. So Really big deal to send stuff lol.

We deal and buy from everyone it won’t change very much once the deal is done. All the current bs is just a attempt for another vote in the hope of a change back.

What’s the point in a vote if you don’t do what the wining side voted yes for.

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

Nothing will change

Then why leave?"

It's called democracy. There was a vote. The majority voted to leave. Helpful ?

By *VineMan  over a year ago

The right place

Politics in this country is so depressing right now. The Conservative party are full of over privileged elites that just want to set up systems that extract wealth to the top 1% and the Labour Party just seem shambolic.

I don’t trust any of them to negotiate a good deal for the country.

Get with the plan and learn. To send stuff out of Europe 5 invoices and a commodity code on them to send stuff to Europe 1 invoice and no code. So Really big deal to send stuff lol.

We deal and buy from everyone it won’t change very much once the deal is done. All the current bs is just a attempt for another vote in the hope of a change back.

What’s the point in a vote if you don’t do what the wining side voted yes for. "

Yeah, so one lorry with twenty consignments, each with five types of commodities equals one hundred invoices each with five commodity codes that are checked by HMRC, Border Force, and whoever else is interested, before it gets cleared. Easy as pie

By *ulfilthmentMan  over a year ago

Just around the corner

All there will be is a 3 to 5% duty on goods both ways just like outside Europe "

It’s not staged. They didn’t expect to win and had no plan.

Nothing will change

Then why leave?

It's called democracy. There was a vote. The majority voted to leave. Helpful ?"

Off topic. If nothing will apparently change them why leave?

It’s not staged. They didn’t expect to win and had no plan."

Agreed. Cameron wanted to keep him party happy and in doing so fucked the country over

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

At the risk of Ponting out the blindingly obvious the EU is shortly to be 27 countries. We already have common systems so how much really needs to change?

Outside the EU we have managed to trade globally without all the supposed horrors of a "nightmare scenario" for hundreds of years including all the time we have been in the EU.

It’s not staged. They didn’t expect to win and had no plan."

The sole reason its a shambles is because a certain set of MP's big business who do not want Brexit have tried to block and frustrate the process from day 1. They know what they have been doing ever since we had the vote, our negotiating team have been put in an impossible position.There is no need for scaremongering because there will be an agreed extension of what we currently have by both sides until it does get agreed.

maidenhead

Yeah, so one lorry with twenty consignments, each with five types of commodities equals one hundred invoices each with five commodity codes that are checked by HMRC, Border Force, and whoever else is interested, before it gets cleared. Easy as pie "

It is they only need to look at one as the other arethe same lol. Code is for the government to track what goes in and out of the uk.

Yeah, so one lorry with twenty consignments, each with five types of commodities equals one hundred invoices each with five commodity codes that are checked by HMRC, Border Force, and whoever else is interested, before it gets cleared. Easy as pie

It is they only need to look at one as the other arethe same lol. Code is for the government to track what goes in and out of the uk. "

a commodity code is just that. It the identifed what's the good are. You need one for each type of commodity. There's one or two (thousands) and are used to calculate tariffs, duties, etc.

I did say don't get me started, too

By *verysmileMan  over a year ago

CANTERBURY

Do businesses already have to record commodity codes, quantities, country of origin or disposal and other statistical nonsense for imports or exports to the EU on their Intrastat returns?

This is often overlooked by those who do not deal with the realities of bureaucracy whether in or out of Europe.

"Do businesses already have to record commodity codes, quantities, country of origin or disposal and other statistical nonsense for imports or exports to the EU on their Intrastat returns?

This is often overlooked by those who do not deal with the realities of bureaucracy whether in or out of Europe.

"

Yes we do

By *est Wales WifeCouple  over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

"

What’s the point in a vote if you don’t do what the wining side voted yes for. "

Well to follow that logic we shouldn't have had a vote in 2016 as we had already had a vote on the 5th June 1975.

The vote in 2016 was not legally binding and the majority did not vote yes. The campaign to leave was ultimately concocted by a group of neocons (start your research with Liam Fox and Atlantic Bridge) who want to see the UK as a vassal state of America breaking up the EU trading block that threatens the US dominance.

Basically we're being shafted by the elite but enjoy your chlorinated chicken, zero hours contracts and your privatised health service.

"

Well to follow that logic we shouldn't have had a vote in 2016 as we had already had a vote on the 5th June 1975.

The vote in 2016 was not legally binding and the majority did not vote yes. The campaign to leave was ultimately concocted by a group of neocons (start your research with Liam Fox and Atlantic Bridge) who want to see the UK as a vassal state of America breaking up the EU trading block that threatens the US dominance.

Basically we're being shafted by the elite but enjoy your chlorinated chicken, zero hours contracts and your privatised health service.

"

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

I could never see the logic in having someone who voted remain try and run the brexit process. Seemed to me like having a Muslim organising his own Bar mitzvah.

The country and people voted out so sort it out,simple as that no excuses.

Only one thing is going to unite this country again and I'm sure of it. Crash out without a deal

If it works all the remainers will have to eat humble pie and admit they were wrong. There'll always be some remainers agitating to rejoin. But they'll loose any widespread support.

If it fails (and it will in a massive way) the vast majority of brexiteers will be forced to concede that we did exactly what they wanted and it was bloody reckless and suicidally stupid and we'll rejoin. There'll always be some brexiteers even after it fails and we rejoin. But they'll have lost any wider credibility for at least a generation... when I'm sure we'll probably do it all again

It's the only way. That's why, as a remainer, I'm now backing no deal, getting my passport, and buggering off somewhere where a loaf of bread ain't gonna cost £50. Enjoy the chaos guys. And don't forget to roast marshmallows on the fire as the UK burns

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman  over a year ago

stourbridge area

"Que Sera Sera

"

Exactly ....

By *ammskiMan  over a year ago

lytham st.annes

"The country and people voted out so sort it out,simple as that no excuses."

By *entish79Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

We voted out so we should get out and don’t get me started on the losers who want a second vote clowns. "

The losers being the right wing, anti Europe people who whinged for 40 years to get another vote?

By *bonynivoryCouple  over a year ago

market harborough

Keep voting until the remainders get their own way and then they might shut up.

We should do that with all voting systems to ensure the left wins and then the abuse and threats on social media reduces dramatically.

We should do the same with all football results involving violent teams supported by thugs too, just keep replaying unt the most vociferous and violent get their own way.

Down with democracy and up with gobby mob rule.

Glasgow

"The country and people voted out so sort it out,simple as that no excuses."

Is leaving without any deal, or a deal where the U.K. is clearly in worse position economically than it was.... would that be a good enough excuse?

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

I don't even care any more . Sick of it !!

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

A vote should be held upon the course to be taken following the conclusion of negotiations.it was the people who got the country to this point and they should now follow the results of this by taking an informed and educated decision that's resulted from their former action.

Glasgow

"Keep voting until the remainders get their own way and then they might shut up.

We should do that with all voting systems to ensure the left wins and then the abuse and threats on social media reduces dramatically.

We should do the same with all football results involving violent teams supported by thugs too, just keep replaying unt the most vociferous and violent get their own way.

Down with democracy and up with gobby mob rule. "

You do realise that complaining for 40 years to have another vote is exactly what the leavers did?

So why was that OK, but now you just expect people who disagree with you - arguably for very good reasons - should just be expected just “shut up”?

salisbury

The losers being the right wing, anti Europe people who whinged for 40 years to get another vote?

"

Not like those PRO European Germans eh? Bring back 1939! And a united Europe! Or else!

What was the point of having a vote if they're going to do a second one, it makes zero sense. The majority voted out accept it and move on!!

salisbury

"The country and people voted out so sort it out,simple as that no excuses.

Is leaving without any deal, or a deal where the U.K. is clearly in worse position economically than it was.... would that be a good enough excuse? "

Hmmmm i see its all about the money with you. Greed is good and fuck your rights as a British citizen. I guess you vote conservative.

"Que Sera Sera

Exactly .... "

I have to say though that now the country is set on a radical unprecedented course that presents huge economic risk, against the advice of all the experts, based solely on the gut feeling that it'll probably work out ok... why stop with Brexit? Why not try a single party communist state afterwards? I've got a hunch it'd probably be ok. So don't worry about it. It'll probably be fine

Chairman Jeremy for despotic leader in 22!! Yayyyyyyy

Is leaving without any deal, or a deal where the U.K. is clearly in worse position economically than it was.... would that be a good enough excuse? "

why did Scotland vote against being its own independent country? That’s laughable! Because it knows it couldn’t survive without England and the hand outs it gets.

"Keep voting until the remainders get their own way and then they might shut up.

Down with democracy and up with gobby mob rule. "

spot on

Brussels are exploiting the situation here in the UK, they know we are divided despite a fkg vote. So the only way to stand up to them is to be prepared to leave without a deal. Then they will have to start talking because right now they aint their hand is too strong while the cockwombles here argue.

"I don't even care any more . Sick of it !!"

Bloody brexit. I wish they'd never brought it up

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"Only one thing is going to unite this country again and I'm sure of it. Crash out without a deal

If it works all the remainers will have to eat humble pie and admit they were wrong. There'll always be some remainers agitating to rejoin. But they'll loose any widespread support.

If it fails (and it will in a massive way) the vast majority of brexiteers will be forced to concede that we did exactly what they wanted and it was bloody reckless and suicidally stupid and we'll rejoin. There'll always be some brexiteers even after it fails and we rejoin. But they'll have lost any wider credibility for at least a generation... when I'm sure we'll probably do it all again

It's the only way. That's why, as a remainer, I'm now backing no deal, getting my passport, and buggering off somewhere where a loaf of bread ain't gonna cost £50. Enjoy the chaos guys. And don't forget to roast marshmallows on the fire as the UK burns "

Why do you think a loaf of bread will be more expensive? If you do some research you'll see that the EU's external tariff barrier makes food from outside of the EU coming in 17% more expensive than it should be. It's a corrupt protection racket and the sooner we are out the better.

Is leaving without any deal, or a deal where the U.K. is clearly in worse position economically than it was.... would that be a good enough excuse?

Brussels are exploiting the situation here in the UK, they know we are divided despite a fkg vote. So the only way to stand up to them is to be prepared to leave without a deal. Then they will have to start talking because right now they aint their hand is too strong while the cockwombles here argue."

Very true and we should just do a deal with America and China and just do our own thing.

Cannock

And customs checks at the border, on everything coming in to the UK and out. Grinding to a halt anyone?"

Project fear all over again.

Virtually none of remains doom and gloom predictions made during the referendum from the effects of a leave vote have come true. What makes you think people will believe project fear Mark II now?

As for customs controls at the borders this is not the 1970's anymore, it's 2018 and border controls are for the vast majority computerised, streamlined and efficient. Trading blocks like the EU will become obsolete, it's an outdated analogue union in a new digital age, technology will see to that.

What's so difficult about realising that 50% of the nation are deeply opposed to being in the EU and 50% are deeply opposed to leaving?

There was no win. There still isn't any win. Just look around you. Why the heck do you think we're all still arguing about this? All the polls show it's still neck and neck with no clear majority or mandate for anything.

I say we have a series of referendums on the issue with a fixed rule that at least 65% or more of the country wants to do one or the other and just wait for the country to make up its mind. It hasn't decided yet. But maybe after 10 referendums it will

Cannock

"A vote should be held upon the course to be taken following the conclusion of negotiations.it was the people who got the country to this point and they should now follow the results of this by taking an informed and educated decision that's resulted from their former action."

Based on current information I'd vote Leave again.

Cannock

You do realise that complaining for 40 years to have another vote is exactly what the leavers did?

So why was that OK, but now you just expect people who disagree with you - arguably for very good reasons - should just be expected just “shut up”?"

Let's give Brexit 40 years then like remain had before another vote. Seems fair.

Cannock

"What's so difficult about realising that 50% of the nation are deeply opposed to being in the EU and 50% are deeply opposed to leaving?

There was no win. There still isn't any win. Just look around you. Why the heck do you think we're all still arguing about this? All the polls show it's still neck and neck with no clear majority or mandate for anything.

I say we have a series of referendums on the issue with a fixed rule that at least 65% or more of the country wants to do one or the other and just wait for the country to make up its mind. It hasn't decided yet. But maybe after 10 referendums it will "

It wasn't 50/50 though it was 52% leave and 48% remain. A majority want out.

Btw lots of democratic countries have general elections where the winner is resolved over a series of voting rounds.

"What's so difficult about realising that 50% of the nation are deeply opposed to being in the EU and 50% are deeply opposed to leaving?

I say we have a series of referendums on the issue with a fixed rule that at least 65% or more of the country wants to do one or the other and just wait for the country to make up its mind. It hasn't decided yet. But maybe after 10 referendums it will

It wasn't 50/50 though it was 52% leave and 48% remain. A majority want out. "

It was always gonna be close though wasn't it. The same with the Scottish vote too hence why everyone is still bleating over that too. Bottom line is our politicians both the elected ones over here and the non elected ones in Brussels we allow to govern us are bloody useless the ruling class are very strong, we don't have a chance do we ?

Cannock

"Que Sera Sera

Exactly ....

I have to say though that now the country is set on a radical unprecedented course that presents huge economic risk, against the advice of all the experts, based solely on the gut feeling that it'll probably work out ok... why stop with Brexit? Why not try a single party communist state afterwards? I've got a hunch it'd probably be ok. So don't worry about it. It'll probably be fine

Chairman Jeremy for despotic leader in 22!! Yayyyyyyy "

More false remain propaganda. Plenty of experts backed Brexit. Former governor of the bank of England Mervyn King. Former director general of the British Chambers of commerce John Longworth. Former director of the CBI Digby Jones. Former head of MI5/6 Sir Richard Dearlove. Former head of UK armed services Lord Guthrie. I could go on all day listing experts who backed Brexit.

It wasn't 50/50 though it was 52% leave and 48% remain. A majority want out. "

But the 48% are strongly opposed to that. And polls now show that's reversed, with 52% wanting to remain. You're living in cloud cuckoo land if you think the country is united on this issue. It is clearly split. It clearly hasn't made its mind up. And all that's happening at the moment is that the "52%" are lording it like they've stormed the castle and won a coup. They haven't won a coup. They can't impose their tyranny on 48% of the country. They have to listen to us and work with us. And we want to undermine them at every chance we get.

It's civil war

I say we have a series of referendums on the issue with a fixed rule that at least 65% or more of the country wants to do one or the other and just wait for the country to make up its mind. It hasn't decided yet. But maybe after 10 referendums it will "

52% to 48% not 50/50

4% is a difference!!

As remoaners are loving revisiting the vote and doing their own votes on social media like fb it has been proven time and time again it would still go in the leavers favour. On most occasions there has been a larger than 4% difference, keep complaining is a waste of time!

52% to 48% not 50/50

4% is a difference!!

As remoaners are loving revisiting the vote and doing their own votes on social media like fb it has been proven time and time again it would still go in the leavers favour. On most occasions there has been a larger than 4% difference, keep complaining is a waste of time!

"

If the driver of your bus was heading towards the cliff because some of the passengers voted for it. Would you sit quietly or speak up?

Using the phrase “remoaner” just demonstrates that you have no actually argument.

For th record I’m against a 2nd referendum. But likely for different reasons to you.

52% to 48% not 50/50

4% is a difference!!

"

Yes and the way things are going in the country now it will be bigger vote on the team leave! People are just sick of the way the country is being run and abused,the government vs the people has begun again.

in Lancashire

52% to 48% not 50/50

4% is a difference!!

"

No its not, it's called campaigning to change things and it's the fundamental core of our democratic system..

We do every time there are local and general elections..

The shut up and go away you lost argument is banal and naive and only shows a lack of understanding of how a democracy works..

52% to 48% not 50/50

4% is a difference!!

"

Complaining isn't a waste of time. It slowly makes everyone sick of the whole thing and reminds everyone that there was no clear win. The vote was advisory and had no benchmark it needed to reach. Had a benchmark been set it likely would've been something like 55% (a perfectly reasonable hurdle I'd say) and everything would be very different. If you can't get at least 55% of the country behind you you haven't really got a mandate to do anything have you... let alone any claim on democratically "winning" anything

When is clear headed reason going to prevail in this debate? Neither side can lead the country on either course imo

Oh. This has been moved to the politics forum. No wonder I'm having to fend off Express reading loonies. You win. I never bother posting to the bubble which is the fab politics forum. See ya

52% to 48% not 50/50

4% is a difference!!

Complaining isn't a waste of time. It slowly makes everyone sick of the whole thing and reminds everyone that there was no clear win. The vote was advisory and had no benchmark it needed to reach. Had a benchmark been set it likely would've been something like 55% (a perfectly reasonable hurdle I'd say) and everything would be very different. If you can't get at least 55% of the country behind you you haven't really got a mandate to do anything have you... let alone any claim on democratically "winning" anything

When is clear headed reason going to prevail in this debate? Neither side can lead the country on either course imo "

There was a clear win, 4% is clear enough and now social media voting platforms are showing it to be even clearer

Accept it

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"I don't even care any more . Sick of it !!

Bloody brexit. I wish they'd never brought it up "

All it is is like an old married couple . Each side will whinge and moan at each other until eventually it's all over . Then a few months down the line after it's finished us Brits will just carry on as we always do no matter what happens.

maidenhead

So we can see there trying to plan a second vote to try to reverse it.

Who is going to do something about it and complain as we didn’t vote to have another vote because it didn’t go the way some wanted.

I will be standing up to be counted a vote is a vote and should not have to vote again

market harborough

So why was that OK, but now you just expect people who disagree with you - arguably for very good reasons - should just be expected just “shut up”?"

Yes.

Cannock

"Oh. This has been moved to the politics forum. No wonder I'm having to fend off Express reading loonies. You win. I never bother posting to the bubble which is the fab politics forum. See ya "

More likely you've realised this thread is not going the way you wanted so you've tucked your tail between your legs and run away.

52% to 48% not 50/50

4% is a difference!!

When is clear headed reason going to prevail in this debate? Neither side can lead the country on either course imo

There was a clear win, 4% is clear enough and now social media voting platforms are showing it to be even clearer

Accept it "

yup

"Oh. This has been moved to the politics forum. No wonder I'm having to fend off Express reading loonies. You win. I never bother posting to the bubble which is the fab politics forum. See ya

More likely you've realised this thread is not going the way you wanted so you've tucked your tail between your legs and run away. "

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

"Only one thing is going to unite this country again and I'm sure of it. Crash out without a deal

It's the only way. That's why, as a remainer, I'm now backing no deal, getting my passport, and buggering off somewhere where a loaf of bread ain't gonna cost £50. Enjoy the chaos guys. And don't forget to roast marshmallows on the fire as the UK burns "

why do you care yr buggering off arnt you your going somewhere we’re it wint cost £50 for a loaf of bread pml atleast your not one of these loonies who come on here and over egg the pudding lmao atleast you never said jumping of a cliff I’ll give you that lol

I am a remainer too

By *ulfilthmentMan  over a year ago

Just around the corner

"What was the point of having a vote if they're going to do a second one, it makes zero sense. The majority voted out accept it and move on!! "

This is the reason we don’t normally have referendums. It’s all fine and dandy if one side has a landslide victory, but that wasn’t the case this time.

Leavers have all conveniently forgotten Sir Nigel Farage’s threats to challenge a slim victory for remain if it happened.

Anyway, I have accepted the result but that doesn’t mean I have to keep quiet while I watch an entitled bunch of political has beens fuck up all our futures. I mean really; we’re Fox and Davies really the best we had to offer?

Cannock

"What was the point of having a vote if they're going to do a second one, it makes zero sense. The majority voted out accept it and move on!!

This is the reason we don’t normally have referendums. It’s all fine and dandy if one side has a landslide victory, but that wasn’t the case this time.

Leavers have all conveniently forgotten Sir Nigel Farage’s threats to challenge a slim victory for remain if it happened.

Anyway, I have accepted the result but that doesn’t mean I have to keep quiet while I watch an entitled bunch of political has beens fuck up all our futures. I mean really; we’re Fox and Davies really the best we had to offer?"

Political has beens? Liam Fox and David Davis are still currently democratically elected MP's.

The political has beens are remoaning morons like John Major, Tony B.liar, Neil Kinnock, Tarzan Heseltine and prince of darkness Peter Mandelson who keep sticking their noses in on this topic.

By *bandjam91Couple  over a year ago

London

52% to 48% not 50/50

4% is a difference!!

"

You've made that up.

52% to 48% not 50/50

4% is a difference!!

You've made that up. "

NO IVE NOT! I've seen 3 different polls on social media in past few months and each one the leavers have won and by more than 4%

Are you a leaver ? There’s always the risk of an echo chamber. Especially on social media.

And putting a foil hat on, it could be the Russians lol

London

52% to 48% not 50/50

4% is a difference!!

You've made that up.

NO IVE NOT! I've seen 3 different polls on social media in past few months and each one the leavers have won and by more than 4%

"

Three polls on social media, wow, because everything on Facebook is always true. [Facepalm]

market harborough

52% to 48% not 50/50

4% is a difference!!

You've made that up.

Three polls on social media, wow, because everything on Facebook is always true. [Facepalm]"

And yet isn't it a nasty shock the t most remainers under 30 got the majority of their information about voting remain and voting labour from their peers on Facebook and did almost all of their intimidation, bullying and shaming of their peers to convince them there was only one socially acceptable way to go in both votes.

Any 3rd world country and the votes would have been investigated for intimidation and bullying.

52% to 48% not 50/50

4% is a difference!!

You've made that up.

Three polls on social media, wow, because everything on Facebook is always true. [Facepalm]"

Hahaha it's all fake and a complete fix, no one can do a genuine poll on social media or a referendum without the losing party trying to mock it

Central

Vote is needed to determine the next step based on the outcome of the negotiations. Give the people the responsibility for being informed and determining the right thing to do.

It is a mess but should be no surprise as the government is barely in power, due to perceived incompetence. We only have Brexit because the conservatives wanted to cling to power by promising a vote in an election manifesto, to pull voters away from the ukip snake oil salesman.

"Vote is needed to determine the next step based on the outcome of the negotiations. Give the people the responsibility for being informed and determining the right thing to do.

It is a mess but should be no surprise as the government is barely in power, due to perceived incompetence. We only have Brexit because the conservatives wanted to cling to power by promising a vote in an election manifesto, to pull voters away from the ukip snake oil salesman."

You are deluded if you want to talk about clinging to power please remember currently we are run by Brussels and by people we didnt elect and cannot ever influence. The new European dream is falling apart and the ruling classes and big business who make millions from us all are doing everything within their power to cling onto their milk horse.

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

52% to 48% not 50/50

4% is a difference!!

Accept it "

And the only reason leave won was because they refused to actually state what leave meant. So by keeping it vague they were able to appeal to as many as possible without having to worry about what people actually wanted. Leavers are shit scared of a second refenrdum as they hate democracy and know that they would lose. If that wasn’t the case they won’t have any problem with it.

As the poll (for what it’s worth) that Centaur posted from The Sun the other day pointed out the vast majority of those polled think that Brexit was a mistake. And that is The Sun saying that.

Now that the government has to actually work out what ‘leave’ means the wheels are starting to come off the process.

-Matt

Barbados

"Vote is needed to determine the next step based on the outcome of the negotiations. Give the people the responsibility for being informed and determining the right thing to do.

It is a mess but should be no surprise as the government is barely in power, due to perceived incompetence. We only have Brexit because the conservatives wanted to cling to power by promising a vote in an election manifesto, to pull voters away from the ukip snake oil salesman.

You are deluded if you want to talk about clinging to power please remember currently we are run by Brussels and by people we didnt elect and cannot ever influence. The new European dream is falling apart and the ruling classes and big business who make millions from us all are doing everything within their power to cling onto their milk horse.

"

No, as Theresa May has stated before, we have always had sovereignty. We do elect the MEPs who represent us, as as you no doubt know we voted on the winning side of something like 98% of the votes in the EU. So if you have issue with that then maybe look at why we elect shysters like Farage to represent us.

-Matt

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

" we are run by Brussels and by people we didnt elect and cannot ever influence. The new European dream is falling apart and the ruling classes and big business who make millions from us all are doing everything within their power to cling onto their milk horse.

"

Ok, we are run by Brussels?

Er, no. Brussels implements the policies and decisions of the Council of Ministers, where the UK sits at the table. The UK record is about 85 per cent support for the policies and decisions of the Council.

(It is the equivalent of saying we are run in this country by the civil service. Er, no.)

People we didn't elect?

The Commissioners who oversee the implementation of the policies and decisions of the Council are nominated by the elected governments, including the UK.

People we cannot ever influence?

We must have spectacularly inept politicians representing us if they cannot influence the decisions of the council of ministers.

I'm not sure where your evidence is that the "European dream" is falling apart. The presence of the UK was always a drag on that vision, so the UK's departure will make its realisation more achievable, not less.

Care to tell me how we'll get the bulk of chemotherapy drugs here without tariffs?

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

52% to 48% not 50/50

4% is a difference!!

You've made that up.

"

there was a debate on bbc tees this morning and the The radio host who is a remainder said almost all the calls were for leave still but not surprising coming from the north east were 11 out of the 12 councils voted leave

There's delusional thinking on both sides on this thread. Anyone who thinks the public will unanimously vote either way in a second vote before we leave is fooling themselves. And anyone who thinks this issue is going to end after we leave is also fooling themselves. Only if Brexit is quickly proven to have been a good move will the issue become de-escalated.

The British public have a very very low tolerance of short term pain. If the short term effects of brexit are bad (or catastrophic) you should expect to see a massive turning against it. There simply will not be any patience to believe better is coming if the early stages of the course are already worse than what came before. This is why us remainers have to sit aside now and let nature take its course. If, as we believe, this is a terrible course to go in there will eventually be a rebellion against it. If not, then we were wrong.

I don't see any other hope of unity. Certainly, if we nix brexit or dilute it into some middle choice none of us will be happy and the whole thing will drag on for decades

"There's delusional thinking on both sides on this thread. Anyone who thinks the public will unanimously vote either way in a second vote before we leave is fooling themselves. And anyone who thinks this issue is going to end after we leave is also fooling themselves. Only if Brexit is quickly proven to have been a good move will the issue become de-escalated.

The British public have a very very low tolerance of short term pain. If the short term effects of brexit are bad (or catastrophic) you should expect to see a massive turning against it. There simply will not be any patience to believe better is coming if the early stages of the course are already worse than what came before. This is why us remainers have to sit aside now and let nature take its course. If, as we believe, this is a terrible course to go in there will eventually be a rebellion against it. If not, then we were wrong.

I don't see any other hope of unity. Certainly, if we nix brexit or dilute it into some middle choice none of us will be happy and the whole thing will drag on for decades "

I agree with all that you say.

Central

"

You've misread or - as you are using the word, - 'deluded?' regarding the clinging to power as well as the EU. Cameron was in power with the LibDems and it appeared that the next government may be more of the same. Conservatives were haemoraging voters to UKIP, which is clearly why they promised a referendum in their manifesto. That's the past.

A bit more of the past, up to the present -

the UK was on the winning side 87% of the time to 2015, for the decisions taken by the EU. Those were thus the vast majority of things that the UK wanted and so the UK has done very well, getting its way. MEPs can attend parliament - some don't, taking the p'ss, like the ukip lot: they've deserted the UK voters' needs en masse, even though their phony interest in democracy rings hollow to most because of this, some still hang on.

It's worth doing research into the myths that were used as propaganda to hoodwink the stupid and clueless.

Cannock

52% to 48% not 50/50

4% is a difference!!

Accept it

And the only reason leave won was because they refused to actually state what leave meant. So by keeping it vague they were able to appeal to as many as possible without having to worry about what people actually wanted. Leavers are shit scared of a second refenrdum as they hate democracy and know that they would lose. If that wasn’t the case they won’t have any problem with it.

As the poll (for what it’s worth) that Centaur posted from The Sun the other day pointed out the vast majority of those polled think that Brexit was a mistake. And that is The Sun saying that.

Now that the government has to actually work out what ‘leave’ means the wheels are starting to come off the process.

-Matt"

Yet more remain lies. Vote Leave was very clear about what Brexit meant. It was on all the campaign material, it meant leaving the EU, leaving the single market, leaving the customs union, ending free movement of people from the EU, doing our own trade deals aroumd the world and leaving the jurisdiction of the ECJ.

As for the Sun poll I posted a thread about the results clearly show the vast majority (over 60%) have not changed their mind about how they voted in the referendum. Only 13% have changed their mind and of those who have changed their minds a majority are remainers who would now vote Leave.

52% to 48% not 50/50

4% is a difference!!

Accept it

-Matt

Yet more remain lies. Vote Leave was very clear about what Brexit meant. It was on all the campaign material, it meant leaving the EU, leaving the single market, leaving the customs union, ending free movement of people from the EU, doing our own trade deals aroumd the world and leaving the jurisdiction of the ECJ.

As for the Sun poll I posted a thread about the results clearly show the vast majority (over 60%) have not changed their mind about how they voted in the referendum. Only 13% have changed their mind and of those who have changed their minds a majority are remainers who would now vote Leave.

"

Read a proper news paper. That’s you solution.

Otherwise this plays into the 2nd referendum argument. I don’t want another referendum because I don’t trust people not to make the situation even worse. Sadly there are lots of people who agree with you and want the UK to dive off the cliff into a hard Brexit.

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

We are,out the sooner the better then maybe the whingers would shut up once,and for all

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

If you can't accept the first referendum result then why bother having a second its not a bloody game

Cannock

You've misread or - as you are using the word, - 'deluded?' regarding the clinging to power as well as the EU. Cameron was in power with the LibDems and it appeared that the next government may be more of the same. Conservatives were haemoraging voters to UKIP, which is clearly why they promised a referendum in their manifesto. That's the past.

the UK was on the winning side 87% of the time to 2015, for the decisions taken by the EU. Those were thus the vast majority of things that the UK wanted and so the UK has done very well, getting its way. MEPs can attend parliament - some don't, taking the p'ss, like the ukip lot: they've deserted the UK voters' needs en masse, even though their phony interest in democracy rings hollow to most because of this, some still hang on.

It's worth doing research into the myths that were used as propaganda to hoodwink the stupid and clueless."

You haven't got a clue about why people support and vote ukip, you don't support or vote for them yourself so what makes you think you understand anyone else's reason for voting for them?

As a ukip voter myself I want ukip to take the piss out of the EU by claiming EU expenses and not turning up half the time, it shows the EU up for the colossal joke that it really is. I also vote ukip because I don't want to be in the EU, ukip are the only true Brexit party. I vote to elect ukip MEP's to undermine, disrupt and cause as much damage to the EU from the inside as possible, that is a ukip MEP's job as I see it.

"We are,out the sooner the better then maybe the whingers would shut up once,and for all "

Will never stop pointing out how wrong you are!

By *verysmileMan  over a year ago

CANTERBURY

I never trust opinion polls. Regardless of where you stand on an issue or voting intention, they got it wrong with the Referendum, 2015 election, were a little out with 2017 and got the Trump result wrong.

Anyone who wants to know why polls can be skewed and screwed should look up Sir Humphrey and Bernard discussing National Service in Yes Minister.

London

52% to 48% not 50/50

4% is a difference!!

You've made that up.

Three polls on social media, wow, because everything on Facebook is always true. [Facepalm]

And yet isn't it a nasty shock the t most remainers under 30 got the majority of their information about voting remain and voting labour from their peers on Facebook and did almost all of their intimidation, bullying and shaming of their peers to convince them there was only one socially acceptable way to go in both votes.

Any 3rd world country and the votes would have been investigated for intimidation and bullying. "

You've also made that up.

London

It's worth doing research into the myths that were used as propaganda to hoodwink the stupid and clueless.

You haven't got a clue about why people support and vote ukip, you don't support or vote for them yourself so what makes you think you understand anyone else's reason for voting for them?

As a ukip voter myself I want ukip to take the piss out of the EU by claiming EU expenses and not turning up half the time, it shows the EU up for the colossal joke that it really is. I also vote ukip because I don't want to be in the EU, ukip are the only true Brexit party. I vote to elect ukip MEP's to undermine, disrupt and cause as much damage to the EU from the inside as possible, that is a ukip MEP's job as I see it. "

Oh, we understand the anger. And the project fear the brown people. We just disagree with where you're placing the blame.

Cannock

As a ukip voter myself I want ukip to take the piss out of the EU by claiming EU expenses and not turning up half the time, it shows the EU up for the colossal joke that it really is. I also vote ukip because I don't want to be in the EU, ukip are the only true Brexit party. I vote to elect ukip MEP's to undermine, disrupt and cause as much damage to the EU from the inside as possible, that is a ukip MEP's job as I see it.

Oh, we understand the anger. And the project fear the brown people. We just disagree with where you're placing the blame. "

Where did I mention Brown People? Are you hallucinating?

London

Oh, we understand the anger. And the project fear the brown people. We just disagree with where you're placing the blame.

Where did I mention Brown People? Are you hallucinating? "

Go do a Google image search on "UKIP Ad Immigration". Then come back and talk.

Cannock

Go do a Google image search on "UKIP Ad Immigration". Then come back and talk."

Nice deflection but you didn't answer my question. Where did my post mention brown people? Are you hallucinating?

London

Nice deflection but you didn't answer my question. Where did my post mention brown people? Are you hallucinating? "

We're talking about UKIP voter motivations. Keep up.

"

Yet more remain lies. Vote Leave was very clear about what Brexit meant.

"

We can post twitter links can we ?

But if we could I’d be posting to /EmporersNewC and his status 1009155543087362050

Worth a google at his rebuttal of this statement to JRM

Ukip's genius was in linking all the problems of the UK with our membership to a rather dull and exceedingly complex trading block that streamlined a series of rather obscure things like medical supplies, scientific research, effective supply chains for transnational businesses, cross border security etc.

The Tory's genius was in latching onto this as the excuse too for all the problems arising in the UK when, in actual fact, it's abundantly clear that their own austerity policy was to blame.

Labour's genius was... no wait... no. There's just a vacuum there. No genius at all

I'm sure if you really pressed most brexiteers on what the EU actually is they wouldn't have a clue. They'd just be adamant that whatever it is it's responsible for everything that's wrong with the UK and so when we leave we'll suddenly be back in a 1950s land of milk and honey.

When they discover that it was really only a rather useful and dull trading block that had absolutely nothing to do with the problems we have in Britain they're gonna be doubly cynical... and they have every right to be. They've been hoodwinked not by anti elitists... just by a competing set of elites who want to turn the UK into an off shore tax haven and get rich off the back of it. How fucking cynical is that!

Cannock

Nice deflection but you didn't answer my question. Where did my post mention brown people? Are you hallucinating?

We're talking about UKIP voter motivations. Keep up."

Please highlight and quote where my post mentioned 'brown people' if you can? Or are you still hallucinating?

London

Please highlight and quote where my post mentioned 'brown people' if you can? Or are you still hallucinating? "

I never said you mentioned "Brown people". I was addressing your post about why people vote UKIP.

Cannock

Please highlight and quote where my post mentioned 'brown people' if you can? Or are you still hallucinating?

I never said you mentioned "Brown people". I was addressing your post about why people vote UKIP."

Brown people has nothing to do with why I personally vote ukip and is why my post never mentioned brown people. So please don't attempt to put words in my mouth or pretend to assume you know what motivates ukip voters. Incidentally there have been many 'brown people' and mixed race people who have represented ukip in the past.

London

I never said you mentioned "Brown people". I was addressing your post about why people vote UKIP.

Brown people has nothing to do with why I personally vote ukip and is why my post never mentioned brown people. So please don't attempt to put words in my mouth or pretend to assume you know what motivates ukip voters. Incidentally there have been many 'brown people' and mixed race people who have represented ukip in the past. "

If you can assume to know the mind of each and every leave voter then I can assume to do likewise with UKIP voters. You can't have it both ways.

Cannock

Brown people has nothing to do with why I personally vote ukip and is why my post never mentioned brown people. So please don't attempt to put words in my mouth or pretend to assume you know what motivates ukip voters. Incidentally there have been many 'brown people' and mixed race people who have represented ukip in the past.

If you can assume to know the mind of each and every leave voter then I can assume to do likewise with UKIP voters. You can't have it both ways."

You don't vote ukip and you didn't vote leave either. As I have voted ukip and I also voted Leave I'd say I'm more qualified to understand the motivations of both ukip and leave voters than you are.

London

If you can assume to know the mind of each and every leave voter then I can assume to do likewise with UKIP voters. You can't have it both ways.

You don't vote ukip and you didn't vote leave either. As I have voted ukip and I also voted Leave I'd say I'm more qualified to understand the motivations of both ukip and leave voters than you are. "

Wrong. You understand your own motivations. Everything else is an assumption.

Glasgow

52% to 48% not 50/50

4% is a difference!!

Accept it

-Matt

"

It’s not lies. That might be what the Leave side campaigned for, but that certainly wasn’t what was asked in the referendum. Everything else had to be negotiated.

And that’s been the whole problem - we have since basically been trying to negotiate to have all the benefits of being on the EU whilst wanting to leave. It’s a nonsense, a waste of time and money, and precisely why the negotiations have been going as badly as they have.

If we actually want all the benefits of being in the EU, it’s called “being in the EU”.

Glasgow

52% to 48% not 50/50

4% is a difference!!

"

That’s a bit rich, seeing as your side of the debate has been complaining for 40 years. And that’s when the split was more like 65/35.

And Farage even said if it had been that close the other way it wouldn’t be a mandate and there should be another vote.

So whatever else, give the “remoaner” nonsense a rest.

Glasgow

"Que Sera Sera

Exactly ....

Chairman Jeremy for despotic leader in 22!! Yayyyyyyy

More false remain propaganda. Plenty of experts backed Brexit. Former governor of the bank of England Mervyn King. Former director general of the British Chambers of commerce John Longworth. Former director of the CBI Digby Jones. Former head of MI5/6 Sir Richard Dearlove. Former head of UK armed services Lord Guthrie. I could go on all day listing experts who backed Brexit. "

The vast majority of people who were the most knowledgable about it. Never mind the fact that they seem to be being proven correct.

Just think about it even for a second.... for example, why on earth will the U.K. be able to negotiate better trade deals on its own, than a much larger economic trading entity like the EU?

By *homasP80Man  over a year ago

Linwood

"It’s a dog’s dinner. Surely time to change track ? Committed remainer here by the way "

I’d rather stay that put up with this shambles

"It’s a dog’s dinner"

More like a pig's brexit

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

"We are,out the sooner the better then maybe the whingers would shut up once,and for all "

Like the 1975 losers shut up? This is a democracy we live in and dissent is allowed. So suck it up.

Barbados

You don't vote ukip and you didn't vote leave either. As I have voted ukip and I also voted Leave I'd say I'm more qualified to understand the motivations of both ukip and leave voters than you are. "

Wow.

And is it any wonder why we are in this mess?

-Matt

» Add a new message to this topic