FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Quality politicians...

Quality politicians...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

That's what we need, not this shower!

The lstest shite from bojo re: suicide vest.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Unfortunately he may well be our next PM

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Unfortunately he may well be our next PM "

Gawd!

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

A very scary thought.

-Matt

By *laytimenowMan  over a year ago

Essex

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

Sorry .

Thats never going to happen .

"Unfortunately he may well be our next PM

Sorry .

"

We live in hope! He's screwed up in most things and made us the laughing stock of the world as foreign secretary!

"Unfortunately he may well be our next PM

Sorry .

We live in hope! He's screwed up in most things and made us the laughing stock of the world as foreign secretary! "

It wouldn't surprise me if he became PM .Hes a feckless cock but that never stopped anyone .

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

What's choices we have ..still we could have a lesbo woman in a civil partnership with a chavie...then we would be the laughing stock of the world

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

BoJo is a highly intelligent and very dangerous man who has perfected his incompetent bumbling buffoon of and idiot act which allows him to deliberately and cold-bloodedly carry out the most unconscionable of acts and get away with them because 'it's just BoJo putting his foot in it again... HaHaHa...'.

Quality and politician in the same sentence

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

It won't happen because Boris Johnson doesn't have the numbers to win in the initial "no confidence" vote.

With the EU now saying a deal will be done in weeks, this only strengthens Mrs May's position. Indeed, Mr Barnier has played a blinder here, as it's now put the Conservative euro-sceptic MPs on the back foot.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

"What's choices we have ..still we could have a lesbo woman in a civil partnership with a chavie...then we would be the laughing stock of the world"

excuse me?

you have a problem with people in same-sex relationships?

"What's choices we have ..still we could have a lesbo woman in a civil partnership with a chavie...then we would be the laughing stock of the world

excuse me?

you have a problem with people in same-sex relationships?"

Believe it or not, some people don't agree with same-sex relationships.

Bristol East

It's quite simple really - if you don't like same-sex relationships, don't have a relationship with someone of the same sex.

To invalidate or mock other people who do is homophobia, plain and simple.

It is a rather ugly characteristic.

"It's quite simple really - if you don't like same-sex relationships, don't have a relationship with someone of the same sex.

To invalidate or mock other people who do is homophobia, plain and simple.

It is a rather ugly characteristic.

"

Indeed it is.

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

Must be snowing again

Bristol East

A website for swingers and we've got someone with a hang-up about sexuality lolol

"Must be snowing again "

Classic.

Step one: say something homophobic.

Step two: insult people who call you out on it.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"It won't happen because Boris Johnson doesn't have the numbers to win in the initial "no confidence" vote.

With the EU now saying a deal will be done in weeks, this only strengthens Mrs May's position. Indeed, Mr Barnier has played a blinder here, as it's now put the Conservative euro-sceptic MPs on the back foot. "

Its because they are scared that Boris will get to be pm that they are now saying a deal can be done. They don't want his kind of brexit so I think he has concentrated thier minds.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

Pay them more. Keep the brains in politics, not business.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Must be snowing again

Classic.

"

This..

But they do have previous..

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"BoJo is a highly intelligent and very dangerous man who has perfected his incompetent bumbling buffoon of and idiot act which allows him to deliberately and cold-bloodedly carry out the most unconscionable of acts and get away with them because 'it's just BoJo putting his foot in it again... HaHaHa...'."
You are very correct in what you are saying,he is a dangerous man

upton wirral

Do we have any quality polititions these days on either side of the house?

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"It won't happen because Boris Johnson doesn't have the numbers to win in the initial "no confidence" vote.

With the EU now saying a deal will be done in weeks, this only strengthens Mrs May's position. Indeed, Mr Barnier has played a blinder here, as it's now put the Conservative euro-sceptic MPs on the back foot. Its because they are scared that Boris will get to be pm that they are now saying a deal can be done. They don't want his kind of brexit so I think he has concentrated thier minds."

Really doesn't matter if Boris becomes Prime minister or not, Chequers is dead. As Tory MP Steve Baker said the other day around 80 Conservative MP's in the ERG are ready to vote against Chequers in Parliament. Labour won't come to Theresa May's aid to save her. Theresa May just doesn't have the numbers in Parliament to get it through. The Conservative party conference is going to be a very interesting watch.

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

With the EU now saying a deal will be done in weeks, this only strengthens Mrs May's position. Indeed, Mr Barnier has played a blinder here, as it's now put the Conservative euro-sceptic MPs on the back foot. Its because they are scared that Boris will get to be pm that they are now saying a deal can be done. They don't want his kind of brexit so I think he has concentrated thier minds.

Really doesn't matter if Boris becomes Prime minister or not, Chequers is dead. As Tory MP Steve Baker said the other day around 80 Conservative MP's in the ERG are ready to vote against Chequers in Parliament. Labour won't come to Theresa May's aid to save her. Theresa May just doesn't have the numbers in Parliament to get it through. The Conservative party conference is going to be a very interesting watch. "

But they anti-Chequers people don't have any alternative proposed. Just 'no deal'. Which doesn't sit well with anyone, including the CEO of your beloved JLR that you keep holding up as an example.

-Matt

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

With the EU now saying a deal will be done in weeks, this only strengthens Mrs May's position. Indeed, Mr Barnier has played a blinder here, as it's now put the Conservative euro-sceptic MPs on the back foot. Its because they are scared that Boris will get to be pm that they are now saying a deal can be done. They don't want his kind of brexit so I think he has concentrated thier minds.

Really doesn't matter if Boris becomes Prime minister or not, Chequers is dead. As Tory MP Steve Baker said the other day around 80 Conservative MP's in the ERG are ready to vote against Chequers in Parliament. Labour won't come to Theresa May's aid to save her. Theresa May just doesn't have the numbers in Parliament to get it through. The Conservative party conference is going to be a very interesting watch.

But they anti-Chequers people don't have any alternative proposed. Just 'no deal'. Which doesn't sit well with anyone, including the CEO of your beloved JLR that you keep holding up as an example.

-Matt"

All in good time, as Steve Baker, and David Davis (both former DExEU minister's) along with other ERG members are working on an alternative plan based around a Canada style free trade deal which they will unveil at the Conservative party conference later this month. David Davis and Steve Baker had already put quite a bit of work into it during their time at DExEU and it will now be finished by the ERG. It will be more along the lines of the deal dubbed 'Max Fax' (or Maximum Facilitation to use the full term) which brexiters in cabinet wanted prior to Chequers but Theresa May decided against it. If not Max Fac then it will be a no deal Brexit.

As for your other point about the CEO of JLR I don't recall holding him up on here that often? I do refer more often to JCB who's profits have soared since the leave vote in 2016, so maybe you're confusing JLR with JCB? The CEO of JCB seems pretty relaxed about a no deal Brexit as it happens.

Bristol East

"Do we have any quality polititions these days on either side of the house?"

Its scarce.

Sajid Javid I like. Rachel Reeves and Chuka Ummana, too. Ruth Davidson is another.

But it would take a meltdown to propel any of them to the top.

in Lancashire

-Matt

All in good time, as Steve Baker, and David Davis (both former DExEU minister's) along with other ERG members are working on an alternative plan based around a Canada style free trade deal which they will unveil at the Conservative party conference later this month. David Davis and Steve Baker had already put quite a bit of work into it during their time at DExEU and it will now be finished by the ERG. It will be more along the lines of the deal dubbed 'Max Fax' (or Maximum Facilitation to use the full term) which brexiters in cabinet wanted prior to Chequers but Theresa May decided against it. If not Max Fac then it will be a no deal Brexit.

As for your other point about the CEO of JLR I don't recall holding him up on here that often? I do refer more often to JCB who's profits have soared since the leave vote in 2016, so maybe you're confusing JLR with JCB? The CEO of JCB seems pretty relaxed about a no deal Brexit as it happens.

"

Fact is we don't have time be that good or desperate fiction from the erg who have had over 2 years to come up with something viable..

There will not be a no deal..

And if as Baker says they have the numbers then why no challenge to May, sounds like more hot air from the swivel eyed loon brigade but will wait and see..

Don't be surprised if Labour once they see the EUs and May's final position decide to back it..

"in a way, people get the politicians they deserve"

salisbury

Pay peanuts, get monkeys.

We have not had good leaders in this country for a very long time.

in Lancashire

"Pay them more. Keep the brains in politics, not business. "

This..

A cap on the amount of access and what can be spent hospitality wise by lobbyists, no sitting member of either house to sit on companies boards..

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

"Pay them more. Keep the brains in politics, not business.

This..

A cap on the amount of access and what can be spent hospitality wise by lobbyists, no sitting member of either house to sit on companies boards.. "

We don't need to pay them more, we just need more Dennis Skinners.

in Lancashire

"Pay them more. Keep the brains in politics, not business.

This..

A cap on the amount of access and what can be spent hospitality wise by lobbyists, no sitting member of either house to sit on companies boards..

We don't need to pay them more, we just need more Dennis Skinners."

Agree that people of his passion on all sides would be a nice change but given the systems the main parties have with selection etc it won't happen for a while..

"Must be snowing again

Classic.

"

I have no problem with same sex couples. But unfortunately many people do, especially religious types.

I do wonder if the world is ready for such a leader, and I do worry about the consequences.

Not homophobic, just realistic.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Must be snowing again

Classic.

I have no problem with same sex couples. But unfortunately many people do, especially religious types.

I do wonder if the world is ready for such a leader, and I do worry about the consequences.

Not homophobic, just realistic."

the person who you insulted was also an army reservist and served in the TA..... i think she would be able to cope....

you on the other hand..... maybe not!

Ruth Davidson for me is a strong candidate for Tory leadership.

Her hands are tied north of the border due to a long mistrust of her part be majority of Scots.

At last Scottish elections she proved to be a better politician than Sturgeon and could hold a debate better than her too.

Unfortunately she has gone as far as she can within the Scottish Government and I think it’s time she challenged for the big title as she could dance rings around Theresa May.

At present she is about to take maternity leave but she will be back after Brexit and ready to challenge for the Conservative leadership

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Even the conservative party may have more sense than to elect a totally self-serving charlatan like Johnson to be party leader. He's proven his focus is solely on himself - and his getting of the PM job, rather than his party or country, over the last couple of years. Any conservative who trusts him in any way needs serious levels of care.

Karma would be wonderful if the thing he's trashed everything and everyone for, isn't ever put within his grasp.

"Must be snowing again

Classic.

Not homophobic, just realistic.

the person who you insulted was also an army reservist and served in the TA..... i think she would be able to cope....

you on the other hand..... maybe not! "

Indeed.

leo varadkar, the Irish Taoiseach is gay, and somehow managed to cope thus far.

Bristol East

There was a time quite recently when three of the main party leaders in Scotland were openly gay. Down to two now.

The Prime Minister of Serbia is gay.

Iceland and Belgium, too, both led by gay leaders.

"There was a time quite recently when three of the main party leaders in Scotland were openly gay. Down to two now.

"

I didn’t know this. Interesting. I assume that the vast majority of the population don’t give a shit about the sexual orientation of their leaders.

upton wirral

""in a way, people get the politicians they deserve""
Cannot remember who came up with this saying but I think there is some truth in this

upton wirral

"There was a time quite recently when three of the main party leaders in Scotland were openly gay. Down to two now.

I didn’t know this. Interesting. I assume that the vast majority of the population don’t give a shit about the sexual orientation of their leaders. "

Not so sure about that,Britain is a rece of prudes as is the US

upton wirral

"We have not had good leaders in this country for a very long time."

salisbury

I didn’t know this. Interesting. I assume that the vast majority of the population don’t give a shit about the sexual orientation of their leaders. Not so sure about that,Britain is a rece of prudes as is the US"

Yeah, we should be less prudish, like those middle eastern countries and Russia for example.

Bristol East

"

I didn’t know this. Interesting. I assume that the vast majority of the population don’t give a shit about the sexual orientation of their leaders. "

I think that's right, generally.

If people think they are good leaders, they get support, irrespective of their sexuality. Most people just don't care.

Ruth Davidson is a great example here.

Britain used to be the world's greatest oppressor of same-sex activity, now it is one of the leading lights for LGBT rights.

Just ordered a book: British Colonialism and the Criminalization of Homosexuality.

Of the 71 countries around the world in which same-sex sexual relations are illegal, it's no coincidence that more than half are former British colonies or protectorates.

From an article on the CNN website:

"Enze Han, author of "British Colonialism and the Criminalization of Homosexuality," said the laws were partly the product of a strict Victorian moral code, which defined any sexual activity not for procreation as taboo.

"(The British also) had this conception that the 'Orient,' the non-Western subjects, were overly erotic and over-sexed, and that's the reason why they were worried young colonial officers going abroad would be corrupted by those sexual acts," he said.

Bristol East

The Secretary of State for Scotland is another. Being gay has not harmed his political career.

Good that you've raised Scotland.

Scotland is critical for gaining a majority in Westminster given the rise of the SNP and the reduction of seats from Labour.

It would be unwise to annoy our more progressive neighbour to the north.

» Add a new message to this topic