FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Are you a remainer or a brexiter?

Are you a remainer or a brexiter?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

And what do you stand for? I am a remainer and I stand for a united nation

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"And what do you stand for? I am a remainer and I stand for a united nation "

Stand for as in what’s important to me? Unity, tolerance, respect, progress, society that serves the people instead of corporations.

I voted remain

"And what do you stand for? I am a remainer and I stand for a united nation

Stand for as in what’s important to me? Unity, tolerance, respect, progress, society that serves the people instead of corporations.

I voted remain

"

Yes, whats important to you.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I voted to remain and it appears now - despite my bias - that negotiations will result in a worse deal for the UK than remaining.

I stand for equality, of opportunities, rights, prosperity due to a strong economy and environmental protection, amongst other things, that I view as better within the EU for the UK

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Shag, you now live in Spain which is all good having previously lived here and being a Swedish born national again all good but which nation do you refer to?

Sweden, which you often decry as a mess, here or the EU where you are and we will cease to be..?

Btw I am remain..

Shag, you now live in Spain which is all good having previously lived here and being a Swedish born national again all good but which nation do you refer to?

Sweden, which you often decry as a mess, here or the EU where you are and we will cease to be..?

Btw I am remain.. "

"Grass is always greener .."

I voted remain based on my own research from all over the place! Unfortunately what I discovered resulted in voting remain. EU not perfect needs reform but it's clear a lot of people didn't research enough from different sources. Immigration was a big point - but nobody brought up the 90 day rule - so it was all a farce! Sadly everything I read is coming true. I don't want the UK to tank as I have UK private pensions and so I want a successful outcome. Not long now and we can see what will happen.

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

I believe in a liberal, tolerant, permissive, minimum regulation society that respects and works for the benefit all.

I'm remain.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

Brexit is all about taking away freedom from 65 million people living on these islands.

Five hundred million other people still have their freedom across 27 states.

Soon we will have none, the freedom of the individual handed back to the state.

I have more confidence my rights will be upheld living under EU regulation than I do under UK regulation.

The country has lurched to the right, and there are some who seem quite prepared to take it to the far right.

Which usually involves more and more freedom being removed from the individual and transferred to the state.

"Brexit is all about taking away freedom from 65 million people living on these islands.

I have more confidence my rights will be upheld living under EU regulation than I do under UK regulation.

The country has lurched to the right, and there are some who seem quite prepared to take it to the far right.

Which usually involves more and more freedom being removed from the individual and transferred to the state."

Fortress Britain works both ways - it will be harder to get out (UK nationals) as well as getting in!

Bristol East

Yep. A majority voted to barricade us all in.

[Removed by poster at 05/10/18 12:21:09]

Btw I am remain.. "

I refer to the uk one as well as sweden, as you know, we have to agree to disagree of whats happening there, yes I will live in the eu now, it is great, lots of sun

Hasn't Sweden taken a massive swing to right recently?

Btw I am remain.. I refer to the uk one as well as sweden, as you know, we have to agree to disagree of whats happening there, yes I will live in the eu now, it is great, lots of sun "

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Remain. I believe Brexit will be a very big negative.

I’m not from these shores so will have the luxury of bailing out whether that’s better or not is another question. I still believe in the UK and it’s made me what I am today since I came to this country.

I believe people’s concerns should have been listened to and they shouldn’t have been shouted down. Perhaps we wouldn’t have been in this mess.

"Remain. I believe Brexit will be a very big negative.

I’m not from these shores so will have the luxury of bailing out whether that’s better or not is another question. I still believe in the UK and it’s made me what I am today since I came to this country.

I believe people’s concerns should have been listened to and they shouldn’t have been shouted down. Perhaps we wouldn’t have been in this mess.

"

The UK has one of the worst records for distribution of wealth! The North East has been a "poor" area all my life - hence I left as soon as I could! Visited again in March this year and nothing has changed (sadly). Lovely people but bloody depressing - in many places and it's probably never going to change due to the political apathy towards a fair and equal society.

"Remain. I believe Brexit will be a very big negative.

The UK has one of the worst records for distribution of wealth! The North East has been a "poor" area all my life - hence I left as soon as I could! Visited again in March this year and nothing has changed (sadly). Lovely people but bloody depressing - in many places and it's probably never going to change due to the political apathy towards a fair and equal society. "

Yes sadly the uk has an ever widening gap between the rich and poor.

"Yep. A majority voted to barricade us all in."

No, a minority voted to leave, 17.4 million out of over 46 million eligible voters. Once again the vociferous minority have held sway over the majority. Statistically speaking the majority of the actual vote was insignificant and the result inconclusive.

Mind you less than 14 million voted for the conservatives in the last election.

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

"Yep. A majority voted to barricade us all in.

No, a minority voted to leave, 17.4 million out of over 46 million eligible voters. Once again the vociferous minority have held sway over the majority. Statistically speaking the majority of the actual vote was insignificant and the result inconclusive.

Well even less voted to remain

Mind you less than 14 million voted for the conservatives in the last election."

By *rMrsWestMidsCouple  over a year ago

Dudley

Mind you less than 14 million voted for the conservatives in the last election."

I think you will find that a majority of those who voted wanted to leave, the fact that some of the 46million eligible voters decided not to vote is irrelevant to the result.

I believe wealth distribution can help all. A rising tide affects all ships.

I also fear brexit, if it fails, will hit the poorest first and if it succeeds will help the richest first.

Both led me to vote remain. Although this doesn’t make me an EU fanboy. I’m a sceptical of them as our more local parties. On all sides of the political spectrum.

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

"Brexit is all about taking away freedom from 65 million people living on these islands.

Which usually involves more and more freedom being removed from the individual and transferred to the state."

what bollocks

durham

.I voted out . the barricades were already there thanks to the EU . one day you will see .

We are all leavers now. Unless you want to stay in the EU which would mean having to leave the UK, making you a leaver

Bristol East

"Yep. A majority voted to barricade us all in..I voted out . the barricades were already there thanks to the EU . one day you will see ."

I have no idea what you are referring to.

I'm referring to my freedom, my right, to live and work in any of 28 different countries.

I lose that on March 29. It is being taken away from me.

"Yep. A majority voted to barricade us all in..I voted out . the barricades were already there thanks to the EU . one day you will see .

I'm referring to my freedom, my right, to live and work in any of 28 different countries.

I lose that on March 29. It is being taken away from me."

A glimmer of hope - we might get the choice to individually opt for EU "citizenship " which would allow the freedom's!

"Yep. A majority voted to barricade us all in..I voted out . the barricades were already there thanks to the EU . one day you will see .

You can live and work anywhere you want to in the world provided you meet that country's criteria. You have all the freedom to travel you need.

You can live and work anywhere you want to in the world provided you meet that country's criteria. You have all the freedom to travel you need."

But not as easy as you say. I know a Brit who has been waiting 7 months for a visa to the US. Having said that the specific was the EU - France have already said if the UK imposes £50,000 salary then France will do the same for Brits!

Bristol East

You can live and work anywhere you want to in the world provided you meet that country's criteria. You have all the freedom to travel you need."

I can apply to do that. It is not a right.

That is what is being taken away from me, the right to live freely without the permission of the state.

Britons are giving up that right by revoking EU citizenship. The freedom we enjoyed now returns to the state.

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

As clearly illustrated I currently have the right to live anywhere in the Eu , no criteria required

That right is being taken from me against my will

You can live and work anywhere you want to in the world provided you meet that country's criteria. You have all the freedom to travel you need.

I can apply to do that. It is not a right.

That is what is being taken away from me, the right to live freely without the permission of the state.

Britons are giving up that right by revoking EU citizenship. The freedom we enjoyed now returns to the state."

Its not being taken away, unless you aren't what that country requires. If you have the skill set that country requires you will be welcomed with open arms. I struggle to see what is wrong with that.

As clearly illustrated I currently have the right to live anywhere in the Eu , no criteria required

"

You still have that right, you just have to be of value to that country. If you aren't why should they let you live there. To me that seems perfectly fair and is how human migration should work.

I would be quite happy to give up my British passport and liquidate my assets here and move my wealth into the EU in the next 10 years when I plan to semi retire.

We'll have to wait and see on the rules first .

"

Not 100% correct - you have freedom of movement only for 90 days after that you are required to prove:

1 you have sufficient income or capital not to be a burden on the host state

2 you have to have comprehensive medical cover not to be a burden on the host state

3 you are not a security risk

So providing you meet the above you can move to any other EU country.

Having said that at this moment in time those rules are not strictly enforced - but that's the fault of respective countries! For example as of today Brits who have a second home here can only visit for 90 days they need a visa for longer - nobody does it - but they will have to after brexit!

Not 100% correct - you have freedom of movement only for 90 days after that you are required to prove:

2 you have to have comprehensive medical cover not to be a burden on the host state

Having said that at this moment in time those rules are not strictly enforced - but that's the fault of respective countries! For example as of today Brits who have a second home here can only visit for 90 days they need a visa for longer - nobody does it - but they will have to after brexit!"

So there isn't freedom of movement in the EU. Remainers lied

Having said that at this moment in time those rules are not strictly enforced - but that's the fault of respective countries! For example as of today Brits who have a second home here can only visit for 90 days they need a visa for longer - nobody does it - but they will have to after brexit!

So there isn't freedom of movement in the EU. Remainers lied "

Yes there is - 90 days only. So all the rhetoric which leave came out with was untrue - lies. It never came out in the campaign because both Conservative & Labour didn't enforce the rules which were brought in, in 2004 when eastern European countries joined. Fact check it!

Yes there is - 90 days only. So all the rhetoric which leave came out with was untrue - lies. It never came out in the campaign because both Conservative & Labour didn't enforce the rules which were brought in, in 2004 when eastern European countries joined. Fact check it!"

Not arguing with the fact, just pointing out it is not freedom of movement. Movement is restricted just as it will be after Brexit, so I don't see why people are moaning about it. If you can provide a required service you will be welcomed, that can only be a good thing

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

Indeed. I object to having my european citizenship ripped away

Essex

Freedom to travel is not the same as freedom to live and work. It's a piss poor substitute

Freedom to travel is not the same as freedom to live and work. It's a piss poor substitute"

You can travel anywhere you want in the world.

Indeed. I object to having my european citizenship ripped away"

Go live in the EU then. Don't mian about it, do something about it.

Freedom to travel is not the same as freedom to live and work. It's a piss poor substitute

You can travel anywhere you want in the world."

No you can't! You need visa's they can refuse you entry!

Yes there is - 90 days only. So all the rhetoric which leave came out with was untrue - lies. It never came out in the campaign because both Conservative & Labour didn't enforce the rules which were brought in, in 2004 when eastern European countries joined. Fact check it!

Not arguing with the fact, just pointing out it is not freedom of movement. Movement is restricted just as it will be after Brexit, so I don't see why people are moaning about it. If you can provide a required service you will be welcomed, that can only be a good thing"

Are you stupid or just pretending to be? Up to 90 days there is FREEDOM of movement!

Are you worried that you have been conned by leave leaders? I bet you believed Turkey was joining the EU and 50m were coming?

You can travel anywhere you want in the world.

No you can't! You need visa's they can refuse you entry!"

Only if you will not contribute to the country, why would that be a problem?

Not arguing with the fact, just pointing out it is not freedom of movement. Movement is restricted just as it will be after Brexit, so I don't see why people are moaning about it. If you can provide a required service you will be welcomed, that can only be a good thing

Are you stupid or just pretending to be? Up to 90 days there is FREEDOM of movement!

Are you worried that you have been conned by leave leaders? I bet you believed Turkey was joining the EU and 50m were coming?

"

No, I am not stupid. Fortunately insults do not bother me as it says far more about the person passing out the insult.

After 90 days there isn't freedom of movement. If you go to the top of the thread you will notice someone was on about their freedom to live and work in an EU country, due to the 90 day rule currently in place they would still need a visa or permit now so nothing changes.

To finish, I did not believe any of the leave campaign, nor the remain one. Both were biased to their own want. It wouldn't bother me in the least if Turkey joined the EU; and who said 50m people were coming to the uk? Did you just make that up?

I’m a die hard Brexiter, and I stand for a completely independent Great Britain.

Nuff said.

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

We voted out so out we go ...life is a bitch ..deal with it .. March looming ....according to most in forum were doomed doomed

No, I am not stupid. Fortunately insults do not bother me as it says far more about the person passing out the insult.

After 90 days there isn't freedom of movement. If you go to the top of the thread you will notice someone was on about their freedom to live and work in an EU country, due to the 90 day rule currently in place they would still need a visa or permit now so nothing changes.

To finish, I did not believe any of the leave campaign, nor the remain one. Both were biased to their own want. It wouldn't bother me in the least if Turkey joined the EU; and who said 50m people were coming to the uk? Did you just make that up?"

The poster which Farage used he and several others!

"We voted out so out we go ...life is a bitch ..deal with it .. March looming ....according to most in forum were doomed doomed "

Not just according to “most in the forum”, according to most people, economists, business owners, workers, basically anyone who’s not the rich ruling elite (Rees Mogg etc) or ukip voters.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

To finish, I did not believe any of the leave campaign, nor the remain one. Both were biased to their own want. It wouldn't bother me in the least if Turkey joined the EU; and who said 50m people were coming to the uk? Did you just make that up?

"

The poster said nothing of the sort! It just stated that "Turkey population 76 million is joining the EU"

The poster said nothing of the sort! It just stated that "Turkey population 76 million is joining the EU"

"

Quite correct - however the inference was that Turkey was joining the EU soon and that they could be coming to the UK! It's was repeated several times by leading leave campaigners!

Bristol East

Re the EU citizenship thing, I came across an interesting initiative to allow UK citizens to retain EU citizenship.

I'm unsure how that would work, but I signed it anyway.

I'll probably get a ban if I post a link to the .eu website, but this is is what it is about:

Subject-matter

European Union Citizenship

Main objectives

"EU citizens elect the European Parliament and participate in its work, thus exercising treaty rights, enhancing Union democracy, and reinforcing its citizenship. Noting the ECJ’s view of Union citizenship as a ‘fundamental status’ of nationals of Member States, and that Brexit will strip millions of EU citizens of this status and their vote in European elections, requests the Commission propose means to avoid risk of collective loss of EU citizenship and rights, and assure all EU citizens that, once attained, such status is permanent and their rights acquired."

[Removed by poster at 07/10/18 19:52:02]

Lookz like the tories will be unrestricted in their abominable ideology to persecute the disabled and those struggling to find work.

"Lookz like the tories will be unrestricted in their abominable ideology to persecute the disabled and those struggling to find work.

"

The whole point of Brexit is to transfer more power from the poor, disabled, disadvantaged and hand it to the rich ruling elites, so they can squeeze every last drop of life out of the country.

Bristol East

"

Quite correct - however the inference was that Turkey was joining the EU soon and that they could be coming to the UK! It's was repeated several times by leading leave campaigners! "

I recall a leave poster implying the UK would soon share a border with Syria and Iraq.

"

Quite correct - however the inference was that Turkey was joining the EU soon and that they could be coming to the UK! It's was repeated several times by leading leave campaigners!

I recall a leave poster implying the UK would soon share a border with Syria and Iraq."

It's been said many times on here that Europe is white Christian and turkey is an Arabic Muslim country and should not be allowed in .Also the Bosporus that runs through Istanbul is the geographical division between east and west .

It's also well known UKIP ran an ad on the BBC in 2016 claiming up to 15 million Turks would migrate to the UK/EU.

The four-minute Ukip advertisement warned about the number of “Islamic imam schools” in Turkey, highlighted the shrinking number of Christians, and showed a succession of images of minarets and women wearing headscarves.

It also reeled off a list of statistics about women suffering physical violence and a quarter marrying before the age of 18 as apparent justifications for why the country should not be allowed to join the EU.

By *andm288Couple  over a year ago

oxford

I voted leave and personally cannot wait

My personal view is walk away the sooner the better then start making Britain Great again

"I voted leave and personally cannot wait

My personal view is walk away the sooner the better then start making Britain Great again

"

Mega lolz

By *laytimenowMan  over a year ago

Essex

"

I recall a leave poster implying the UK would soon share a border with Syria and Iraq.

It's been said many times on here that Europe is white Christian and turkey is an Arabic Muslim country and should not be allowed in .Also the Bosporus that runs through Istanbul is the geographical division between east and west .

It's also well known UKIP ran an ad on the BBC in 2016 claiming up to 15 million Turks would migrate to the UK/EU.

The four-minute Ukip advertisement warned about the number of “Islamic imam schools” in Turkey, highlighted the shrinking number of Christians, and showed a succession of images of minarets and women wearing headscarves.

It also reeled off a list of statistics about women suffering physical violence and a quarter marrying before the age of 18 as apparent justifications for why the country should not be allowed to join the EU.

"

Ukips accusation of the turkish muslim country is so funny &

Yet they spieled about doing trade deals with the commonwealth countries of the world to replace the EU deals .

Ukip forgot to mention that commonwealth trade deals & people movement therfore would be from countries like:

Pakistan 1st country created as an islamic state .

India the 2nd biggest muslim population on the planet & also

the country narked as having the fastest growing rate of extremist muslim views against the west.

Nigeria , how many bombs have gone off over there in the last few years, amongst multiple ki-dnappings.

Be careful what you wish for .

"

Quite right too.

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Quite right too. "

You realise that is utter nonsense don't you

You realise Britain has never been great , most of its inhabitants have been near slaves and the empire was only great for an elite few ?

I seriously think you should read some history rather than repeat untrue rhetoric from your overlords ?

"

The poster implied 76 million Turks would be eligible to start heading this way to the UK.

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

The poster implied 76 million Turks would be eligible to start heading this way to the UK."

No it didn't. The only words on that Farage poster were "Breaking point". I took the meaning of the poster to be that the EU was at 'breaking point' with the migration crisis (which it was in summer 2016). People interpret images and posters in different ways.

The poster implied 76 million Turks would be eligible to start heading this way to the UK.

No it didn't. The only words on that Farage poster were "Breaking point". I took the meaning of the poster to be that the EU was at 'breaking point' with the migration crisis (which it was in summer 2016). People interpret images and posters in different ways. "

Think 2 posters are being discussed here, the Farage breaking point poster is not what I'm talking about, it's the Turkey joining the EU bollocks poster I'm clearly referencing to.

Spot on

By *candiumWoman  over a year ago

oban

Remainer

British

European

Earthling.

I don't understand why we feel the need to make governmental areas smaller and the sooner we have world government the better.

By *andm288Couple  over a year ago

oxford

Quite right too.

You realise that is utter nonsense don't you

You realise Britain has never been great , most of its inhabitants have been near slaves and the empire was only great for an elite few ?

I seriously think you should read some history rather than repeat untrue rhetoric from your overlords ?"

Everyone is entitled to express their personal view

So in clear speak Jog on

Shag, if you don't know who voted which way on here by now then there's no hope left for you

Jesus Shag, just noticed its a damn old thread you've "bumped"

I'll play along though...

Voted Remain and I stand for democracy

A democratic vote should be upheld as promised no matter how bad I honestly believe it to be.

[Removed by poster at 26/02/19 07:52:18]

Shag, if you don't know who voted which way on here by now then there's no hope left for you "

I do know who, but we have had few new posters here so would be good to see who they are.

By *ony 2016Man  over a year ago

Huddersfield /derby cinemas

Was a reluctant remainer until it became obvious the morning after the referendum that those who had planned , desired , campaigned and dreamed for years about us once again becoming a nation on our own , actually had absolutely no idea of what to do next , any politician who could wish the will of the people could blindly follow them up a dark alley should never be able to stand for public office again !!!!! ,,( I am not blaming those who followed up the alley just those who took you there )

I would vote to remain as I cannot be bothered with the uphill task ahead which leave will bring about. Totally bored to death with it.

"Mind you less than 14 million voted for the conservatives in the last election."

Still more than voted Labour in 1997 that gave Bliar his landslide victory though

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

I'll play along though...

Voted Remain and I stand for democracy

A democratic vote should be upheld as promised no matter how bad I honestly believe it to be. "

Same.

Disinformation would be rife in a second vote, probably more so than in the first.

durham

Mind you less than 14 million voted for the conservatives in the last election.

I think you will find that a majority of those who voted wanted to leave, the fact that some of the 46million eligible voters decided not to vote is irrelevant to the result. "

exactly.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

i didnt vote as im not registerd to vote.had i been i would probably voted leave just for the fact the establishment were telling ppl to remain and i take anything politicians say as lies. what i really dont like are the remainers who seem to think anyone who didnt vote wants to remain.cant speak for everyone but im guessing a lot of those who didnt vote dont vote for the same reasons i dont

borehamwood

i neither remainer or leaver it will have no affect on my life either way.if you got fuck all already ya cant have any less

"i neither remainer or leaver it will have no affect on my life either way.if you got fuck all already ya cant have any less"

This reminds of the lyrics from a sea sick Steve song.

"I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left "

"i neither remainer or leaver it will have no affect on my life either way.if you got fuck all already ya cant have any less"

That will sound like a challenge to the Tories.

borehamwood

"i neither remainer or leaver it will have no affect on my life either way.if you got fuck all already ya cant have any less

This reminds of the lyrics from a sea sick Steve song.

"I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left " "

sea sick steve fucking rocks

By *e DevilMan  over a year ago

Blantyre

The people voted to leave, it aint rocket science, we should leave and the sooner the better. If they have another referendum on brexit it will tear the the country apart, Scotlands first thing they will do is have ANOTHER referendum on independence, and if it fails they will just keep going as obviously the precedent will have been set on continued votes until you get the desired outcome. Then the opposition to that result will demand another vote. Then wales and Ireland will decide on independence. It will never end . Politics will NEVER be the same again as ANY vote will just keep getting re voted . NOTHING will ever get done in this country again . We voted out, make it happen and give it 10 years to settle .

"The people voted to leave, it aint rocket science, we should leave and the sooner the better. If they have another referendum on brexit it will tear the the country apart, Scotlands first thing they will do is have ANOTHER referendum on independence, and if it fails they will just keep going as obviously the precedent will have been set on continued votes until you get the desired outcome. Then the opposition to that result will demand another vote. Then wales and Ireland will decide on independence. It will never end . Politics will NEVER be the same again as ANY vote will just keep getting re voted . NOTHING will ever get done in this country again . We voted out, make it happen and give it 10 years to settle . "

Amazing.

Weirdly there are some grains of truth amongst the madness. But you’re right, we vote continuously, every five years usually, but more often sometimes. Are you suggesting that now is a good time to put a stop on democracy and just stick to what we have and that’s that?

Also you should know that Ireland has been independent from the uk since 1921.

By *icksoneMan  over a year ago

oldham

The poster implied 76 million Turks would be eligible to start heading this way to the UK."

And if they had joined the EU they would have been able to come to the UK and access it's services etc.

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

A minority voted for Brexit, most people either didn’t vote or voted to Remain

borehamwood

i didnt vote but not botherd either way country is split and wont be mended for decades

And if they had joined the EU they would have been able to come to the UK and access it's services etc."

Project fear.

"i didnt vote but not botherd either way country is split and wont be mended for decades"

The country being split is a minor issue compared to leaving the EU.

If you choose not to care about the environment, the economy, workers rights, freedom of movement etc. Why would you care about the country being divided?

I think the country was divided anyway, Brexit vote just brought it into focus.

What happens is that the common man sees his quality of life deteriorate..He see the greedy boss award himself a massive salary.He gets foodbanks, zero hour contracts,union bashing policies and told to "Mind his place".

With this backdrop he rebels...Votes against the status quo, which has not helped him. Yes i understand the reasons for the Brexit vote. But it is a wrong one for most of us i believe

borehamwood

"i didnt vote but not botherd either way country is split and wont be mended for decades

If you choose not to care about the environment, the economy, workers rights, freedom of movement etc. Why would you care about the country being divided?

I think the country was divided anyway, Brexit vote just brought it into focus. "

i didnt say i did care if the country is divided.i couldnt care less.im intrested in my family and friends.random strangers im not botherd about

"What happens is that the common man sees his quality of life deteriorate..He see the greedy boss award himself a massive salary.He gets foodbanks, zero hour contracts,union bashing policies and told to "Mind his place".

With this backdrop he rebels...Votes against the status quo, which has not helped him. Yes i understand the reasons for the Brexit vote. But it is a wrong one for most of us i believe "

We can answer this. It’s already happening, they’ve either

1. Blamed the wrong of Brexit/Brexit deal

2. Blamed remainers

3. This is the most common one, labelled everything “project fear” and completely deny what’s happening.

4. Blamed the EU for being too good at negotiating

"i didnt vote but not botherd either way country is split and wont be mended for decades

I think the country was divided anyway, Brexit vote just brought it into focus.

i didnt say i did care if the country is divided.i couldnt care less.im intrested in my family and friends.random strangers im not botherd about"

Okay, sorry I misunderstood. I don’t especially care about the country being divided either.

I do care about random strangers though.

Cannock

A minority voted for Brexit, most people either didn’t vote or voted to Remain "

The EU referendum was a high turnout as elections go in this country, around 70% and was the biggest turn out of any public vote since the early 1990's. The vote to leave (17.4 million people) is the biggest vote for anything, ever in the entire history of the UK.

Essex

The EU referendum was a high turnout as elections go in this country, around 70% and was the biggest turn out of any public vote since the early 1990's. The vote to leave (17.4 million people) is the biggest vote for anything, ever in the entire history of the UK. "

Bollocks it is

The 1st 3 series of Come Dancing & Britains Got Talent got more than that for every show.

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

The EU referendum was a high turnout as elections go in this country, around 70% and was the biggest turn out of any public vote since the early 1990's. The vote to leave (17.4 million people) is the biggest vote for anything, ever in the entire history of the UK. "

But I’m still correct. A minority of the voting population are deciding our future should be rubbish. Like the ERG, what extremist Brexiteers want is not what was voted for, and if it had been correctly described in the Brexit pamphlet that the land of milk and honey would actually be a destruction of our economy, our country, our society and our self belief, then the vote would have been very different - Project Lie, Deny & in many cases fly to a tax haven! for wealthy Brexiteers

Cannock

[Removed by poster at 26/02/19 19:42:33]

oldham

Who has buggered off to Spain apparently

oldham

"What happens is that the common man sees his quality of life deteriorate..He see the greedy boss award himself a massive salary.He gets foodbanks, zero hour contracts,union bashing policies and told to "Mind his place".

With this backdrop he rebels...Votes against the status quo, which has not helped him. Yes i understand the reasons for the Brexit vote. But it is a wrong one for most of us i believe "

Yes

They should no their place

Cannock

The EU referendum was a high turnout as elections go in this country, around 70% and was the biggest turn out of any public vote since the early 1990's. The vote to leave (17.4 million people) is the biggest vote for anything, ever in the entire history of the UK.

But I’m still correct. A minority of the voting population are deciding our future should be rubbish. Like the ERG, what extremist Brexiteers want is not what was voted for, and if it had been correctly described in the Brexit pamphlet that the land of milk and honey would actually be a destruction of our economy, our country, our society and our self belief, then the vote would have been very different - Project Lie, Deny & in many cases fly to a tax haven! for wealthy Brexiteers "

The ERG are the only grouping in Parliament who are accurately representing the result of the referendum and who are on the side of Leave voters as I see it.

Further more there has been no destruction of the economy or the country, the project fear claims of the remain campaign in 2016 have been completely debunked. They said there would be a deep and immediate recession, a 20% drop in house prices and over half a million job losses following a leave vote and none of that happened. Instead the economy has continued to grow, overall employment has increased to record levels, unemployment has fallen to its lowest level since 1975, and wages have risen above the rate of inflation.

Essex

Yes but the ERG LIED TO THE ENTIRE NATION.

Some would willingly change there vote because of such falsehoods.

oldham

"Yes but the ERG LIED TO THE ENTIRE NATION.

Some would willingly change there vote because of such falsehoods."

Really.

Have you read what Centaur has put up above.

Immediate recession straight after the vote.

Mass redundancies after the vote.

The sun turning black.

War with Europe within the month.

Plague of frogs.

All of these where statements from my remain side

Really.

The sun turning black.

Plague of frogs.

All of these where statements from my remain side"

Whoa now! Steady on. Someone taking stock of something Centaur said! I’m gone for a few weeks and madness has descended!

By *ross-eyed MaryMan  over a year ago

Salisbury

I thought leave ment leave with no deal. That's why i voted remain. Leave won. Any future people's vote should be deal or no deal, not deal or remain. If we have to vote again, democracy is dead.

By *ony 2016Man  over a year ago

Huddersfield /derby cinemas

The "funny tinge" group want another vote saying people didn't know what they were voting for ,,, BUT ,, as their members stood for parliament as members of political parties that they no longer represent its fair to say their constituents were unaware of what they were voting for ,,,,,,, May doesn't want another vote because she said the people made their decision in 2016 ,,, BUT ,,, in 2015 the people elected a Tory government on a 5 year fixed term and then May decided to have another vote in 2017 for nothing other than personal gain , going against the will of the people,,,,,, the ERG don't want another vote because it would be undemocratic to go against the 2016 referendum saying if you lose you lose ,,,BUT ,,, after the 2016 referendum the Tory party elected May as leader , then just before Christmas the ERG held a vote of no confidence in May -- because they didn't like the result of the first vote ,,,,,,,a short while after Labour wanted a vote of no confidence in May ( something the ERG obviously agreed with as they had just voted exactly the same way ) but they remained hypocritically silent and no vote was held ,,,,,,,,, so the moral of this story is ,,, it's ok to have another vote as long as you want one but not if you don't ,,,,,,

Essex

But I’m still correct. A minority of the voting population are deciding our future should be rubbish. Like the ERG, what extremist Brexiteers want is not what was voted for, and if it had been correctly described in the Brexit pamphlet that the land of milk and honey would actually be a destruction of our economy, our country, our society and our self belief, then the vote would have been very different - Project Lie, Deny & in many cases fly to a tax haven! for wealthy Brexiteers

The ERG are the only grouping in Parliament who are accurately representing the result of the referendum and who are on the side of Leave voters as I see it.

Further more there has been no destruction of the economy or the country, the project fear claims of the remain campaign in 2016 have been completely debunked. They said there would be a deep and immediate recession, a 20% drop in house prices and over half a million job losses following a leave vote and none of that happened. Instead the economy has continued to grow, overall employment has increased to record levels, unemployment has fallen to its lowest level since 1975, and wages have risen above the rate of inflation. "

You do know that the reason the economy hasnt gone down the plughole is that the BoE, led by a man you despise, has pumped billions into the economy to cushion the impact. No Deal will affect badly the most vulnerable in our society. You and the ERG clearly don't give a toss about those people.

The country isnt ready for a cliff edge No Deal in 30 days time and anyone arguing that we are is clearly several sandwiches short of a picnic

By *umgetiton123Couple  over a year ago

wrexham

Didn’t vote but I would now leave for me stuff Brussels

Bristol East

Exiting the EU without an agreement was branded Project Fear during the referendum.

The Leave campaign dismissed the idea as "silly".

To suggest two years later that is what people voted for . . . well, that is straight from the Trump fact-is-fiction, fiction-is-fact handbook.

"And if all others accepted the lie which the Party imposed—if all records told the same tale—then the lie passed into history and became truth. 'Who controls the past' ran the Party slogan, 'controls the future: who controls the present controls the past'."

- George Orwell, 1984

oldham

Really.

The sun turning black.

Plague of frogs.

All of these where statements from my remain side

Whoa now! Steady on. Someone taking stock of something Centaur said! I’m gone for a few weeks and madness has descended! "

The madness has always been here.

It just takes many forms.

» Add a new message to this topic