FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > James Dyson backs post Brexit Britain...

James Dyson backs post Brexit Britain...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oncupiscentTony OP   Man  over a year ago

Kent

buy building a car factory in Singapore

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45950377

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

"buy building a car factory in Singapore

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45950377"

Just as Singapore and the EU agree a free trade deal.

Penny dropping yet, Brexiteers?

-Matt

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Responded in the brexit challenge forum - But very very disappointing! Backing Britain more like fucking Britain!

-Matt"

But has he not already moved his production to another EU country already ? Even before we had any vote!

By *verysmileMan  over a year ago

CANTERBURY

-Matt

But has he not already moved his production to another EU country already ? Even before we had any vote!

"

Yes he had.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

-Matt

"

His vacuums are made in Malaysia.

Singapore was chosen to manufacture his electric car, as two of the largest markets for them are China and Japan, both of which have free-trade agreements with Singapore. Currently, the EU doesn't have such an arrangement.

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

-Matt

Singapore was chosen to manufacture his electric car, as two of the largest markets for them are China and Japan, both of which have free-trade agreements with Singapore. Currently, the EU doesn't have such an arrangement."

Werent we told by brexiteers that proximity to market wasnt important though? The fact that we are barely 20 miles from our biggest market isnt important allegedly

-Matt

Singapore was chosen to manufacture his electric car, as two of the largest markets for them are China and Japan, both of which have free-trade agreements with Singapore. Currently, the EU doesn't have such an arrangement."

BBC news has just revealed that the EU -Singapore trade deal has 0% tariffs on electric cars! So export to the EU is extremely attractive - better than UK. I for one will not be buying one!

[Removed by poster at 23/10/18 13:27:56]

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

I saw that cretin Lawson, who chaired one of the Vote Leave groups, is also leaving. He applied for French citizenship.

"I saw that cretin Lawson, who chaired one of the Vote Leave groups, is also leaving. He applied for French citizenship.

"

Yes it hasn't gone down well here in France - among the British community!

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

More double speak from the vocal let's make the country great again mob..

At this point, is there anyone except the most cuntish of cunts, the most elite members of society, that still think there are any positives to come from this shambles?

Grantham

He's certainly not winning any friends in the manufacturing community!

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

"At this point, is there anyone except the most cuntish of cunts, the most elite members of society, that still think there are any positives to come from this shambles?"

I have a hope.

I hope May and her cronies will do for the Tories what Lloyd-George and his did for the Liberals.

"At this point, is there anyone except the most cuntish of cunts, the most elite members of society, that still think there are any positives to come from this shambles?"

Rees-Mogg still stands to make a fair wedge of cash.

Ha, a real loaded question there.

Personally I don’t care about anything happening abroad at the moment. I certainly don’t give a flying one about moaning expats.

And I never would pay all that money on a vacuum cleaner or an electric car.

Post BREXIT I do expect changes, hopefully changes that will put British people living in Britain first!

"At this point, is there anyone except the most cuntish of cunts, the most elite members of society, that still think there are any positives to come from this shambles?

Personally I don’t care about anything happening abroad at the moment. I certainly don’t give a flying one about moaning expats.

Post BREXIT I do expect changes, hopefully changes that will put British people living in Britain first! "

What changes though? What does putting British people living in Britain first mean? Are you saying that at the moment British people living in Britain are being put second somehow?

"At this point, is there anyone except the most cuntish of cunts, the most elite members of society, that still think there are any positives to come from this shambles?

Post BREXIT I do expect changes, hopefully changes that will put British people living in Britain first! "

I hope so to. But I’m skeptical that the government will do anything for the people once the EU shackles are off and they’re free to oppress workers.

On Dysons. Who the fuck pays £300 for a fan. I suppose someone must do. Insane pricing on their products.

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

Has anyone said it yet?

Dyson sucks!

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

-Matt

Plus what the OP failed to mention is Dyson has already invested between £200 million and £500 million on a new 10 mile electric car test track near Dyson headquarters in Wiltshire. This is key to understanding Dyson is in fact investing in the UK for the research and development part of his electric car project. The £200/£500 million for the building of the track is just the start, as more jobs and investment will roll into the UK once the cars start being tested there.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

-Matt"

I have read it,nothing to do with Brexit but knew you lot would twist your so blinkered and thick,do read all the reasons.Maybe you like to look stupid

upton wirral

"Has anyone said it yet?

Dyson sucks! "

I have been told they suck better than me

upton wirral

"I saw that cretin Lawson, who chaired one of the Vote Leave groups, is also leaving. He applied for French citizenship.

"

Proves there are good things to come from Brexit

By *oncupiscentTony OP   Man  over a year ago

Kent

-Matt

Singapore was chosen to manufacture his electric car, as two of the largest markets for them are China and Japan, both of which have free-trade agreements with Singapore. Currently, the EU doesn't have such an arrangement.

Plus what the OP failed to mention is Dyson has already invested between £200 million and £500 million on a new 10 mile electric car test track near Dyson headquarters in Wiltshire. This is key to understanding Dyson is in fact investing in the UK for the research and development part of his electric car project. The £200/£500 million for the building of the track is just the start, as more jobs and investment will roll into the UK once the cars start being tested there. "

£200 or £500? £200 or £500? bit of a gap isn't it, obviously not as much of a gap as the £2bn spent in Singapore. You think settling for crumbs is the future of Brexit Britain

James Dyson: do as I say not as I do

-Matt

Plus what the OP failed to mention is Dyson has already invested between £200 million and £500 million on a new 10 mile electric car test track near Dyson headquarters in Wiltshire. This is key to understanding Dyson is in fact investing in the UK for the research and development part of his electric car project. The £200/£500 million for the building of the track is just the start, as more jobs and investment will roll into the UK once the cars start being tested there.

£200 or £500? £200 or £500? bit of a gap isn't it, obviously not as much of a gap as the £2bn spent in Singapore. You think settling for crumbs is the future of Brexit Britain

James Dyson: do as I say not as I do"

Actually the gap is £1,800,000,000 - the difference between £2,000,000,00 -£200,000,000.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

I would never buy a car with the words Dyson on it.

Singapore has a plethora of engineering grads so a shrewd move on his part.

This will benefit Britain by proxy but not as much if he had kept it here.

Business is telling us something here...................

"Has anyone said it yet?

Dyson sucks! "

Beat me to it. He'll clean up out there

moston

"Post BREXIT I do expect changes, hopefully changes that will put British people living in Britain first! "

Ah, a nice modern take on lebensraum and removing the untermensch. You must be so proud of of yourself, being able to coalesce two of Nazism's justifications into a single obnoxiously banal little Britain First slogan.

"Post BREXIT I do expect changes, hopefully changes that will put British people living in Britain first!

Ah, a nice modern take on lebensraum and removing the untermensch. You must be so proud of of yourself, being able to coalesce two of Nazism's justifications into a single obnoxiously banal little Britain First slogan."

Well France puts French first and so does Germany in fact near on any country put thier own population first but as soon as someone says British first they get called xenophobic or racist or little Englanders

moston

"Well France puts French first and so does Germany in fact near on any country put thier own population first but as soon as someone says British first they get called xenophobic or racist or little Englanders "

Have your read many or any of peacehaven's posts? Or are your just another apologist for the most obnoxious of political opinions attempting to deflect criticism of his latest dog-whistle post?

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

"Post BREXIT I do expect changes, hopefully changes that will put British people living in Britain first!

Ah, a nice modern take on lebensraum and removing the untermensch. You must be so proud of of yourself, being able to coalesce two of Nazism's justifications into a single obnoxiously banal little Britain First slogan."

what the hell is wrong with putting Britain fist would you vote for someone if they said they will put the rest of the world first lol

moston

"what the hell is wrong with putting Britain fist would you vote for someone if they said they will put the rest of the world first lol"

I'm sure the majority of 'Good Germans' said similar things as Nazism gained traction in 30's Germany. In fact I am certain they were still cheering as first Poland and then France and the low countries were invaded. Not so sure they were quite so enthusiastic by the time of Stalingrad and quite sure they had changed their mind by March 1945.

thornaby

"what the hell is wrong with putting Britain fist would you vote for someone if they said they will put the rest of the world first lol

I'm sure the majority of 'Good Germans' said similar things as Nazism gained traction in 30's Germany. In fact I am certain they were still cheering as first Poland and then France and the low countries were invaded. Not so sure they were quite so enthusiastic by the time of Stalingrad and quite sure they had changed their mind by March 1945. "

yes agree with that but what about answering what I asked tho ?

moston

"yes agree with that but what about answering what I asked tho ?"

Read my post immediately before your question...

Oh hell I'll make it easy for you and copy it below...

By _illwill69u Man 18 minutes ago

moston

"Well France puts French first and so does Germany in fact near on any country put thier own population first but as soon as someone says British first they get called xenophobic or racist or little Englanders "

Have your read many or any of peacehaven's posts? Or are your just another apologist for the most obnoxious of political opinions attempting to deflect criticism of his latest dog-whistle post?

thornaby

No sorry I hadn’t read his post I was just replying to yrs my mistake bud

moston

"No sorry I hadn’t read his post I was just replying to yrs my mistake bud "

No worries, these things happen. We can all be sucked in to defending neo-nazi dog-whistles without realising it. We all need to be very vigilant or we end up with the likes of Trump in power.

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

"Well France puts French first and so does Germany in fact near on any country put thier own population first but as soon as someone says British first they get called xenophobic or racist or little Englanders

Have your read many or any of peacehaven's posts? Or are your just another apologist for the most obnoxious of political opinions attempting to deflect criticism of his latest dog-whistle post?"

So you dont like what in your opinion are obnoxious posts by being obnoxious,

"No sorry I hadn’t read his post I was just replying to yrs my mistake bud

No worries, these things happen. We can all be sucked in to defending neo-nazi dog-whistles without realising it. We all need to be very vigilant or we end up with the likes of Trump in power."

The past is the past.

All this "vigilance" (fear and paranoia) is driving society apart into religiously held ideological groupings of opinion.

That's the real threat...perpetuated by all of you.

bournemouth

"No sorry I hadn’t read his post I was just replying to yrs my mistake bud

No worries, these things happen. We can all be sucked in to defending neo-nazi dog-whistles without realising it. We all need to be very vigilant or we end up with the likes of Trump in power.

The past is the past.

All this "vigilance" (fear and paranoia) is driving society apart into religiously held ideological groupings of opinion.

That's the real threat...perpetuated by all of you. "

A bit like the irish border issue then, but some are trying to make a big problem out of it

That is a real issue

And actually shows how bad it is when people are encamped on either side against each...Catholic/protestant in this case.

Both fighting over a thing that doesn't exist...

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Proponents and beneficiaries of disaster capitalism and hoodwinking of the masses to facilitate their own doing over?

Proponents and beneficiaries of disaster capitalism and hoodwinking of the masses to facilitate their own doing over? "

The thing is disaster capitalism is available to all....

There's nothing stopping anyone saving their schillings to buy a cheap house or the like in a downturn...yet the majority rush in to buy at the top and "dispose" of any extra income the rest of the time.

moston

"So you dont like what in your opinion are obnoxious posts by being obnoxious, "

So in your mind using plain language to point out the obnoxiously banal neo-nazi dog whistle posts of a fairly open neo-nazi is as obnoxious as the original dog-whistle post.

I have suspected for some time that your views and opinions were more extreme that you portrayed them to be but I think you have just outed yourself as being at the very least an apologist for for the very worst of the alt-right if not a open member of that group.

Thank you for stepping out of the shadows and showing your true colours.

bournemouth

"So you dont like what in your opinion are obnoxious posts by being obnoxious,

So in your mind using plain language to point out the obnoxiously banal neo-nazi dog whistle posts of a fairly open neo-nazi is as obnoxious as the original dog-whistle post.

I have suspected for some time that your views and opinions were more extreme that you portrayed them to be but I think you have just outed yourself as being at the very least an apologist for for the very worst of the alt-right if not a open member of that group.

Thank you for stepping out of the shadows and showing your true colours."

Thread has moved or deflected a bit. It's about Dyson backing post brexit Britain? Well have we had attempts to justify his actions - centaur quite rightly stated he's thrown us some pennies £200m investment which is a bit like giving £2 to us and £2,000 to Singapore! But if British business follows his lead - where are we going - or what's going to be left? Is he backing Britain? How many more advocates of brexit are doing the same? Mogg's investment company (Which he is a partner but has no influence - right) - opens in Dublin just in case it all goes wrong. Who else?

I suspect JRM has moved in order to continue providing investments to nonUk clients, rather than just as a back up plan. Other fund managers have done the same.

moston

Dyson, BoJo, JRM and the rest of the shower are backing Britain.

It is just not in the way most brexiteers think...

They are reversing (that's backing) Britain into a Georgian workhouse and palaces. Guess who get to live in palaces been waited on hand and foot while living the gentile life without being held to account for anything, and who gets to slave 16 hours a day for fuck all in the warehouse or starve or be hanged for staling a potato?

thornaby

"Dyson, BoJo, JRM and the rest of the shower are backing Britain.

They are reversing (that's backing) Britain into a Georgian workhouse and palaces. Guess who get to live in palaces been waited on hand and foot while living the gentile life without being held to account for anything, and who gets to slave 16 hours a day for fuck all in the warehouse or starve or be hanged for staling a potato?"

lmao not like you to over egg the pudding

"Dyson, BoJo, JRM and the rest of the shower are backing Britain.

They are reversing (that's backing) Britain into a Georgian workhouse and palaces. Guess who get to live in palaces been waited on hand and foot while living the gentile life without being held to account for anything, and who gets to slave 16 hours a day for fuck all in the warehouse or starve or be hanged for staling a potato?"

Do you ever stop with this extreme exaggeration?

I think it shows that even the business people who backed Brexit initially have their finger on the pulse and are a lot less stubborn not that the dream is looking more nightmarish. That's the key to success in general.

moston

"lmao not like you to over egg the pudding "

Really?

Where do you think we are going? And who do you think is setting the course?

Before you answer just ponder this:

In the 30's (the great depression era) we as a country were so rich we could afford libraries and books in schools, apparently today we are so poor that we that such luxuries are beyond our means. Maybe it is you who need to reassess the true intent of our Tory overlords who cant find the money in the public purse to keep police and fire officers in their posts but can find £1.5 billion to bribe the DUP in order to stay in power.

Right now, there are a few thousand videos on YouTube about how to not be a debt slave. There are videos that if worked through and applied can make you any expert in any field of your choosing and improve your life 1000 fold ...and yet we have comparisons to 18th century slave like factory conditions when opportunities have never been better.

If you want to be puppet or wait for scraps from the the government to look after you that's your own choice and has very little connection to this idea fantastical dark overlords plotting against everybody.

Give me a break!

"lmao not like you to over egg the pudding

Really?

In the 30's (the great depression era) we as a country were so rich we could afford libraries and books in schools, apparently today we are so poor that we that such luxuries are beyond our means. Maybe it is you who need to reassess the true intent of our Tory overlords who cant find the money in the public purse to keep police and fire officers in their posts but can find £1.5 billion to bribe the DUP in order to stay in power."

My god you have even used the term "overlord".

In the 1930s you couldn't afford computers in schools

moston

"In the 1930s you couldn't afford computers in schools "

Well done you!

Your first counter is I used a word you used to disparage my postulation that we are being deliberately impoverished and our rights, freedoms and wealth eroded by those in power for their own benefit.

Then you counter to my statement of fact with that in the 30's you couldn't afford something that had not even been invented.

I could say something like: "Your brilliance is only outshone by the effluents that you secrete." but that would be churlish of me so let me ask you if all those self help videos are so good why is it that year on year more and more wealth is being concentrated in fewer and fewer hands?

Could it be that the chains that bind us all are so invasive that for the most part we don't even notice them?

Grantham

Thank goodness for those Conservatives running the country through the 1930s then.

You hone in on a piss taking comment like I was being serious...

And yet you ignored everything I said about new modern opportunities and options.

You could be raking it in on youtube with your unique brand of hate the rich conspiracy madness....then invest it all in cheap property when you incite some riots and lynchings and create chaos....then you can only be angry at yourself for being one of "them".

One man's chain is another man's tinfoil hat.

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"Thread has moved or deflected a bit. It's about Dyson backing post brexit Britain? Well have we had attempts to justify his actions - centaur quite rightly stated he's thrown us some pennies £200m investment which is a bit like giving £2 to us and £2,000 to Singapore! But if British business follows his lead - where are we going - or what's going to be left? Is he backing Britain? How many more advocates of brexit are doing the same? Mogg's investment company (Which he is a partner but has no influence - right) - opens in Dublin just in case it all goes wrong. Who else?"

Dyson could have put his money where his mouth is and backed Britain. By making a huge investment in the UK at a time when there is so much hesitancy would have made alot of people sit up and take notice. What he is doing is actually championing the cause of Brexit whilst at the same time Brexit-proofing his business. It seems to be a really odd way of promoting a cause by limiting the self-harm that the cause will create.

As for using Singapore because it is near to his main target market, he was one of those decrying the relevance of a target market being nearby when supporting the Brexit cause. Odd huh... Criticising the Remain camp for pointing out the damage of walking away from our closest market whilst simultaneously setting up his business near to its target market.

Just been having a look at oecd and equality trust data.

Things are not that bad, the UK GINI coefficient (measure of inequality) is broadly similar to the rest of europe but close to the top and has remained steady in recent years.

You are not near as bad as turkey, mexico, chile, USA, costa rica or the massive outlier that is south africa.

Poverty is also consistent with the rest of Europe at about 10% and the uk lies mid-table.

"Thread has moved or deflected a bit. It's about Dyson backing post brexit Britain? Well have we had attempts to justify his actions - centaur quite rightly stated he's thrown us some pennies £200m investment which is a bit like giving £2 to us and £2,000 to Singapore! But if British business follows his lead - where are we going - or what's going to be left? Is he backing Britain? How many more advocates of brexit are doing the same? Mogg's investment company (Which he is a partner but has no influence - right) - opens in Dublin just in case it all goes wrong. Who else?

Dyson could have put his money where his mouth is and backed Britain. By making a huge investment in the UK at a time when there is so much hesitancy would have made alot of people sit up and take notice. What he is doing is actually championing the cause of Brexit whilst at the same time Brexit-proofing his business. It seems to be a really odd way of promoting a cause by limiting the self-harm that the cause will create.

As for using Singapore because it is near to his main target market, he was one of those decrying the relevance of a target market being nearby when supporting the Brexit cause. Odd huh... Criticising the Remain camp for pointing out the damage of walking away from our closest market whilst simultaneously setting up his business near to its target market."

Everyone is a hypocrite in some way.

thornaby

"lmao not like you to over egg the pudding

Really?

In the 30's (the great depression era) we as a country were so rich we could afford libraries and books in schools, apparently today we are so poor that we that such luxuries are beyond our means. Maybe it is you who need to reassess the true intent of our Tory overlords who cant find the money in the public purse to keep police and fire officers in their posts but can find £1.5 billion to bribe the DUP in order to stay in power."

the trouble with you will is you allways turn the thread on the tories and the rich you even done it before about the Asian grooming gangs yr talking about no books in schools now you’ve gone overboard again mate

You got me thinking Will...so let's see how all this money has been stolen - i've ignored property but let's look at the top 20 in the FTSE100 (we'll assume that your mega-rich enemies have close ties).

Now the questions - did they steal this money or did the consumer gladly hand over their dosh (partly ignorance/part manipulation/partly happy to have services and products to avail of).

This is where the cash came from....

Oil (consumers love to move around and buy plastic trinkets)

Banking (consumers love to spend money they don't own)

Pharma (plenty bad but medicine is generally good and needed)

Tobacco (devious but all down to personal choice/willpower/perhaps education and cultural environment)

Booze (goes without saying)

Branded household cleaning products (brand loyalty)

Mobile phones (Essential service most are happy to use)

Satellite TV (Consumer luxury)

Electricity (Basic requirement)

So tell me...was the money stolen or given away? Are the tories the real boogeymen or is it the marketing houses?!

You can't deny that one's economic future is most closely linked to your spending patterns (and if you can or can/t live within your means or generate more income).

They may have had libraries in schools in the 30's but they also didn't have marketing as an art and science.

Same exercise worldwide - 10 biggest companies,

Apple/Google/MIcrosoft/Amazon/Tencent/Berkshire Hathaway/Alibaba/Facebook/JP Morgan/Johnson & Johnson

Luxury branded computers & phones, advertising, social media, internet shopping, insurance, banking, branded consumer goods.

So there you have it consumerism makes the world go round - it's not rocket science.

The rich are getting richer because everyone else hands them their money. Globalisation has accelerated this.

Are you eating humble pie yet Will or will you creatively link this back to scheming overlords robbing people from the shadows of power?

bournemouth

There is a big gap between the super rich and the poor and its true to say those in power whether in politics or the top of business feather their own nests, doesnt matter where you start from as soon as they get into positions to get the snout in the trough they do. Labour politicians are among the worse, look at two jags and blair, even Harold wilson was an oxford don, so they all must be in the elite that somein here loathe.

The fact of the matter is if you gave 20 people ten grand each it most all end up in the hands of three or four a few more would have what they started with and two or three would blow the lot and then moan that they are poor,its just human nature

By *bandjam91Couple  over a year ago

London

Nice to plan the future prosperity of a country on 'Hopefully'.

Sum up Brexit much?

By *100Man  over a year ago

Essex

Lol he's a Mason you know no one can touch him he could get away with murder.

"There is a big gap between the super rich and the poor and its true to say those in power whether in politics or the top of business feather their own nests, doesnt matter where you start from as soon as they get into positions to get the snout in the trough they do. Labour politicians are among the worse, look at two jags and blair, even Harold wilson was an oxford don, so they all must be in the elite that somein here loathe.

The fact of the matter is if you gave 20 people ten grand each it most all end up in the hands of three or four a few more would have what they started with and two or three would blow the lot and then moan that they are poor,its just human nature"

and then side with the richest three in order to stick it to the man (aka those who are not super rich but are doing better than them.)

» Add a new message to this topic