FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Tory success

Tory success

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *lem-H-Fandango OP   Man  over a year ago

salisbury

How do you rate them on project "Quietly cancel brexit", they seem to be doing a good job so far.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

You mean there is actually a policy?

salisbury

"You mean there is actually a policy?"

The policy was obvious as soon as they put a remainer in charge of brexit. Fair play.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"How do you rate them on project "Quietly cancel brexit", they seem to be doing a good job so far. "

It’s a massive clusterfuck, as expected. They chose May as PM, not because they thought she’d be good, but because this is the worst time I’m British history to be PM. As soon as this is over with, and we are out the other side of this no-win scenario she will be given the boot.

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

If u put remoaners in charge guess what u get

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

Its failing spectacularly!

salisbury

"Its failing spectacularly!"

How so? You think they'll make a success of brexit?

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

"Its failing spectacularly!

How so? You think they'll make a success of brexit?"

LOL.

moston

How so? You think they'll make a success of brexit?"

No, but I do think the Tories will make a complete hash of any attempt to remain in the EU by the back door. There are too many snake-oil salesmen like BoJo DD and JRM to let that happen.

Costa Blanca Spain...

No, but I do think the Tories will make a complete hash of any attempt to remain in the EU by the back door. There are too many snake-oil salesmen like BoJo DD and JRM to let that happen."

If Corbyn and McDonnel were selling snake oil I'd buy shares in the company.

Anyone who believes that they want to keep Britain in the EU must also believe in Father Christmas and the Tooth Fairy.

They need to be out of the EU so they can fuck up Britain without any interference.

Keeping very quiet about it though.

No, but I do think the Tories will make a complete hash of any attempt to remain in the EU by the back door. There are too many snake-oil salesmen like BoJo DD and JRM to let that happen.

Anyone who believes that they want to keep Britain in the EU must also believe in Father Christmas and the Tooth Fairy.

They need to be out of the EU so they can fuck up Britain without any interference.

Keeping very quiet about it though."

Erm. The whole point of Brexit was to hand yet more power to the ultra rich elites and the Tory party!

Costa Blanca Spain...

Erm. The whole point of Brexit was to hand yet more power to the ultra rich elites and the Tory party! "

So you do believe in the tooth fairy then.

The whole structure of the EU is to make rules that help multi nationals and stifle small/medium business.

Brussels doesn't have over 30,000 lobbyists for nothing.

moston

"Brussels doesn't have over 30,000 lobbyists for nothing. "

Lobbyists lobby politicians on behalf of business and pressure groups numpty.

By *laytimenowMan  over a year ago

Essex

I think the Tory party put Teressamae in charge so she could call a G.E Lose the G.E , let Labour try & fix the shite that is happening enabling the public to lose all faith in the labour party & so allowing the Tory party to sail off into the sunset blaming Labour forevermore.

However Labour played a blinder by discovering the Tory plot & placing the most unpopular ( to none labour followers) JC in charge meaning Labour lose the election but seemd like they won , knowing full well while JC was in charge Labour would not be in Charge when brexit finally comes.

Leaving the Tory party unelectable in the future , unless miraculously brexit actualy works.

P.S i voted remain & now want Full Brexit .

No deals no this or that.

Out means Out.

I look forward to then ridiculing leave voters with vitriol

Bristol East

Erm. The whole point of Brexit was to hand yet more power to the ultra rich elites and the Tory party!

The whole structure of the EU is to make rules that help multi nationals and stifle small/medium business.

Brussels doesn't have over 30,000 lobbyists for nothing. "

Can we also have the figure for the number of lobbyists in London, too, please.

Wherever power sits, you'll find lobbyists making money trying to influence decisions for their clients.

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

Wherever power sits, you'll find lobbyists making money trying to influence decisions for their clients.

"

There is no reliable information on the number of lobbyists in London (Westminster) but if you do a search for Whoslobbying you'll find some useful hints.

In 2015 a register of Westminster lobbyists was created and it is open to the public. Unfortunately there is no total available of who is on the list but, if you know the name of someone or an organisation you think is a lobbyist you can search the list by name and see if they're on there. However it's estimated that less than 1 in 20 lobbyists are actually registered. There is also a problem in the definition of the word lobbyists. Many people who do not fall under the term lobbyists for Westminster would and do fall under the term for Brussels.

The long and short is is that there is no way to compare the numbers so it can't really be called accurately or correctly as to whether the EU has more or less lobbyists either in actual numbers or relatively compared to the UK. However, as more real power resides in the UK Parliament rather than the EU Parliament it seems likely that, in proportion to the size of population represented by the respective parliaments, more would be in the UK than the EU.

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"How do you rate them on project "Quietly cancel brexit", they seem to be doing a good job so far. "

They are doing a great job of displaying incompetence on a grand scale, not much more than that.

Never in the history of U.K. politics has so little been achieved over such a long time by such blatantly ineffectual chancers.

Guess who is Favourite to replace Theresa May?.... yes - The legend himself David Davis. He who caved in on day 1 of the negotiations and then subsequently negotiated the open ended Irish back stop this time last year only to come out a day or so later saying that it didn’t really mean what it said.

I truly believe that Theresa May thought she could deliver an acceptable Brexit but she was not strong enough at the outset to sideline her own extremists (and indeed the extreme Brexit deniers too) and she conspired to box herself into a corner.

Many Brexiters alleged that the Govt had a plan and were playing clever by not disclosing it. We all now know that this was bullshit. Theresa May was rushed into triggering A50 and then pressured into staying her red lines. This was the very worst kind of negotiating tactic when you are the person who is leaving. What she should have done was slap down the extremists on each side and said thT the U.K. would rule nothing in, and would rule nothing out and would pursue a form of Brexit that might not be as economically advantageous as what we have now, but would respect the result and be good for Britain and good for the EU. When that vision was in place - then she should have signed A50.

salisbury

Erm. The whole point of Brexit was to hand yet more power to the ultra rich elites and the Tory party! "

Do you live in Will's bunker? Do you share tin foil?

Do you live in Will's bunker? Do you share tin foil?"

He has s point! who exactly stands to gain from Brexit? Ultra rich Tory pricks, their investments and some of the more ruthless big multinationals.

Who stands to lose the most? History tells us that it’s always the poorest and most disadvantaged in society who take the hit when times are hard.

Costa Blanca Spain...

"Brussels doesn't have over 30,000 lobbyists for nothing.

Lobbyists lobby politicians on behalf of business and pressure groups numpty. "

So you think multi national oil, pharmaceutical, motor manufacturers, power company's Etc. Don't have lobbyists in Brussels (among other places)

Don't forget to put your tooth under the pillow.

Costa Blanca Spain...

Do you live in Will's bunker? Do you share tin foil?

He has s point! who exactly stands to gain from Brexit? Ultra rich Tory pricks, their investments and some of the more ruthless big multinationals.

Who stands to lose the most? History tells us that it’s always the poorest and most disadvantaged in society who take the hit when times are hard."

So why is it that it's the multi nationals that have the loudest voices for remain?

Costa Blanca Spain...

"

Of course, but Brussels is second only to Washington in the lobbyists league table and it is estimated that they influence around 75% of EU legislation.

Source:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/may/08/lobbyists-european-parliament-brussels-corporate

Yes the Guardian of all places.

Even though the lobby in the palace of Westminster coined the name London has only 141 registered lobbyists.

That is one hell of a difference.

Bristol East

"

That is one hell of a difference."

The EU market represents approx 27 per cent of global GDP.

The UK market represents approx 3 per cent.

That is "one hell of a difference".

Costa Blanca Spain...

"

"

A difference yes. But the number of lobbyists is still well out of proportion.

If Brussels had 27 for every 3 in London that would be a tad over 1200. leaving Brussels with a (at least) 28,200 surplus.

I think my one hell of a difference trumps yours.

"

A difference yes. But the number of lobbyists is still well out of proportion.

If Brussels had 27 for every 3 in London that would be a tad over 1200. leaving Brussels with a (at least) 28,200 surplus.

I think my one hell of a difference trumps yours. "

From what I can see, the Eu number is individuals, the uk number is both individuals and companies. So many people can be counted as one (thru a company)

And I have no idea if the model is the same. Do corporates go more direct in Eu than the uk (where they may go via a lobbying company?). Pass.

Bristol East

Apples and pears, really.

The market rules and regulations for the UK currently form part of the larger EU.

From March 29, the UK market will be independent of the EU (in theory, anyway).

So expect to see an increase in lobbying activity around London.

"If u put remoaners in charge guess what u get "

Did they actively put a remainer in charge .... or did all leaver candidates successfully manage to stab each other in the back / fall to self inflicted wounds, leaving May as the only option.

Iirc it felt like one of those speed skating races where everyone wiped each other out and left one person standing.

(And let’s not forget leasing leavers, including early PM candidates, fell in line behind her when a sniff of a top job was on offer.)

Costa Blanca Spain...

"Apples and pears, really.

The market rules and regulations for the UK currently form part of the larger EU.

"

So that will be part of the post Brexit jobs boom then.

"Apples and pears, really.

So that will be part of the post Brexit jobs boom then. "

Haha yes. And the job centre will need a few more people too. Ha!

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Keeping very quiet about it though."

A lot of truth in what you say,the danger this country is not Brexit it is a Corbyn government.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Do you live in Will's bunker? Do you share tin foil?"

Keeping very quiet about it though.A lot of truth in what you say,the danger this country is not Brexit it is a Corbyn government."

I’m not really a labour voter, so not looking to defend Corbyn by any means, but I am genuinely interested to know what makes you say this?

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

Keeping very quiet about it though.A lot of truth in what you say,the danger this country is not Brexit it is a Corbyn government.

I’m not really a labour voter, so not looking to defend Corbyn by any means, but I am genuinely interested to know what makes you say this? "

I'm not a Labour voter or Corbyn supporter and believe that a Corbyn led Labour government would be a disaster for the UK. However I also believe that a no deal BREXIT would be an even bigger disaster for the UK. What I can't decide yet is is BREXIT with a slightly better deal under Labour really any better than a BREXIT with an OKish deal under the Tories? I just wish either Labour would ditch Corbyn, the Tories would ditch BREXIT or preferably both and give the people a real choice.

salisbury

Keeping very quiet about it though.A lot of truth in what you say,the danger this country is not Brexit it is a Corbyn government.

I’m not really a labour voter, so not looking to defend Corbyn by any means, but I am genuinely interested to know what makes you say this?

I'm not a Labour voter or Corbyn supporter and believe that a Corbyn led Labour government would be a disaster for the UK. However I also believe that a no deal BREXIT would be an even bigger disaster for the UK. What I can't decide yet is is BREXIT with a slightly better deal under Labour really any better than a BREXIT with an OKish deal under the Tories? I just wish either Labour would ditch Corbyn, the Tories would ditch BREXIT or preferably both and give the people a real choice.

"

I don't understand that, how can the Tories ditch brexit?

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

"

The people have never had so much choice. You have an actual democratic socialist (Corbyn), liberal, free marketeering right (the Tories) and centrists/centre right (Lib Dems).

Newbury

I don't understand that, how can the Tories ditch brexit? "

They should give us a democratic referendum, unlike the last democratic referendum that we had. That one didn't count. We need a democratic referendum that means we stay in the EU because only that outcome could have been the product of actual democracy. Obviously.

salisbury

They should give us a democratic referendum, unlike the last democratic referendum that we had. That one didn't count. We need a democratic referendum that means we stay in the EU because only that outcome could have been the product of actual democracy. Obviously."

Yeah, that's what i was afraid of!

By *ammskiMan  over a year ago

lytham st.annes

It won’t happen,the votes been done

They should give us a democratic referendum, unlike the last democratic referendum that we had. That one didn't count. We need a democratic referendum that means we stay in the EU because only that outcome could have been the product of actual democracy. Obviously."

we must follow the will of the people unless the wil of the people has changed. Then it doesn’t count. We need the will of the people to say we must leave the Eu as that could be the only prouduct of asking the people what their will is. Obviously.

salisbury

I guess if the 700,000 people on the protest march were all people who voted leave, but now want to change their mind they'd have a point. But i doubt that was the case.

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Sounds like you are concerned that brexit is not going the way its is supposed to be, what do you want to happen?

Newbury

They should give us a democratic referendum, unlike the last democratic referendum that we had. That one didn't count. We need a democratic referendum that means we stay in the EU because only that outcome could have been the product of actual democracy. Obviously.we must follow the will of the people unless the wil of the people has changed. Then it doesn’t count. We need the will of the people to say we must leave the Eu as that could be the only prouduct of asking the people what their will is. Obviously. "

Ah yes. The plebs didn't vote the way we want, so they must be made to vote again, until such time as they vote the way we tell them to.

That's really democracy.

salisbury

"How do you rate them on project "Quietly cancel brexit", they seem to be doing a good job so far.

Sounds like you are concerned that brexit is not going the way its is supposed to be, what do you want to happen?"

I wanted it to be competently managed.

By *strokeC100Couple  over a year ago

chester

I doubt if many people think that we have negotiated effectively! Which doesn’t prove or disprove the wisdom of the referendum result. Hindsight is easy but it does seem to have been a fatal concession to agree the EUs preferred timetable. They may have refused to budge of course, but then the impasse would have been triggered with two years to prepare for the consequences of no deal. In itself that would have made the likelihood of such an outcome smaller.

Gloucestershire

"How do you rate them on project "Quietly cancel brexit", they seem to be doing a good job so far.

Sounds like you are concerned that brexit is not going the way its is supposed to be, what do you want to happen?

I wanted it to be competently managed. "

How do you feel about it now?

salisbury

How do you feel about it now?"

I think they should have done/ should be doing better.

They should give us a democratic referendum, unlike the last democratic referendum that we had. That one didn't count. We need a democratic referendum that means we stay in the EU because only that outcome could have been the product of actual democracy. Obviously.we must follow the will of the people unless the wil of the people has changed. Then it doesn’t count. We need the will of the people to say we must leave the Eu as that could be the only prouduct of asking the people what their will is. Obviously.

Ah yes. The plebs didn't vote the way we want, so they must be made to vote again, until such time as they vote the way we tell them to.

That's really democracy."

the assumption being if anyone changes their mind it’s because the man has told them to. And that plebs change their votes because they are told to. (Of course they weren’t told to vote brexit. They’re only malleable towards voting remain from their true voice)

I’m saying this slightly tongue in cheek, but any beliefs about democracy changing the second time round, hold the first time.

I think the bigger concern would be voting fatigue and people don’t vote. Not change their mind because they are told to.

Gloucestershire

I think they should have done/ should be doing better. "

And how does it make you feel because they are not doing better?

salisbury

I think they should have done/ should be doing better.

And how does it make you feel because they are not doing better?"

I feel like we're being played. New Labour's spin doctors called this modern age of politics the "post democratic era", because basically it didn't matter how anyone voted. The business of politics would carry on as it wished. I haven't seen anything to contradict this yet. And leaving the EU seems to be as easy as leaving the hotel California!

» Add a new message to this topic