FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Knowing what we know now (brexit)

Knowing what we know now (brexit)

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Would you have changed your vote ? (Assuming the may sea is the end result)

I’m not just looking at leaves here who may have felt they were promised no customs union and money into the nhs (through savings)

But also remainers who voted because they feared we’d be in a recession, or that there would be a cliff edge for businesses.

I voted remain largely because I could see more ways we’d see a down side (and bigger effects) than there were upsides. And no one convinced be there would be a big upside benefit.

The May deal gives more certainty. But I can’t see the “upside” of no FoM offsets the loss of control and benefits of FoM. So I’d not change.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Would you have changed your vote ? (Assuming the may sea is the end result)

I’m not just looking at leaves here who may have felt they were promised no customs union and money into the nhs (through savings)

But also remainers who voted because they feared we’d be in a recession, or that there would be a cliff edge for businesses.

I voted remain largely because I could see more ways we’d see a down side (and bigger effects) than there were upsides. And no one convinced be there would be a big upside benefit.

The May deal gives more certainty. But I can’t see the “upside” of no FoM offsets the loss of control and benefits of FoM. So I’d not change. "

That pretty much covers how I feel about it too

I knew BREXIT was a dog turd back in 2016 and now we have BREXIT on the table everyone now knows it's a dog turd.

I think Theresa May thinks it's a dog turd too but is waiting for 11th December and then will wash her hands of it completely and say. Here you are Jeremy. It's your turd now but in a very very clever way so that he absolutely covers himself in it.

And can't wash away the smell completely I hasten to add.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I was uncertain upon how to vote, though I've favoured the EU membership. There definitely seemed in conclusion to be greater benefits from membership that from leaving, alongside a huge amount of uncertainty and potential trouble of many types from leaving.

With hindsight the remain was definitely the correct choice at that point. And remaining is ever more attractive right now. The Conservative party has failed the country.

I can’t see many or any remainers changing out votes. It’s planning out exactly as we thought it would. Disorganised and divided parliament, and were left with a choice of total financial ruin/hard Brexit or Mays deal which is less than we have now with no seat at the decision making table, also losing much of the protection the EU gives us from the Tories.

Leavers (or at least those who post on here, I don’t know any in real life), seem to say either “we must leave at any cost”, or like one regular poster “ignore all the facts and information. We will be rolling in cash”.

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

No I haven't changed my mind and would still vote leave now. I'd prefer a no deal exit, but I still see May's deal being better than remaining. Remaining in the EU is the worst possible option.

"No I haven't changed my mind and would still vote leave now. I'd prefer a no deal exit, but I still see May's deal being better than remaining. Remaining in the EU is the worst possible option. "

Ducking hell! (Correct spelling )

Hard right man like you going for a vassal state deal! You lost your balls? Or are you mellowing or some would call you a traitor to the cause!

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"I can’t see many or any remainers changing out votes. It’s planning out exactly as we thought it would. Disorganised and divided parliament, and were left with a choice of total financial ruin/hard Brexit or Mays deal which is less than we have now with no seat at the decision making table, also losing much of the protection the EU gives us from the Tories.

Leavers (or at least those who post on here, I don’t know any in real life), seem to say either “we must leave at any cost”, or like one regular poster “ignore all the facts and information. We will be rolling in cash”. "

You can't have a very big circle of friends if you don't know any leavers may be you should expand it and then get a balanced view.

» Add a new message to this topic