FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > need some clarification... re project fear

need some clarification... re project fear

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *abio OP   Man  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

before i talk about the actual story need an answer...

is "project fear" still "project fear" if one of the main people in the leave campaign confirms that one of the big things people talked about as "project fear" is now likely to be actually reality?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Sounds interesting

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

It will always be project fear because everything that any remain support says is lying or moaning.

Leavers only discuss hard reality and verifiable fact. It may require only a few mental somersaults to prove that they were right all along, but black is definitely white if Brexit means Brexit.

Get with the program

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"before i talk about the actual story need an answer...

is "project fear" still "project fear" if one of the main people in the leave campaign confirms that one of the big things people talked about as "project fear" is now likely to be actually reality?

"

But surely such things being now acknowledged would require the individual to have the ability to look at the reality as opposed to the mantra of the ideology..?

It's Mogg isn't it..

Newcastle and Gateshead

ladies and gentleman... i present to you...

"Michael Gove" talking about "Food Prices"

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/dec/19/no-deal-brexit-will-raise-food-prices-says-michael-gove

Asked by Philip Dunne, Conservative MP for Ludlow, if no deal would increase food prices for consumers, given the UK imports half its food, Gove said the existence of additional checks at the border in a no-deal scenario and tariff barriers would affect prices.

“If you have friction and disruption – and we are trying to minimise that – between Dover and Calais, then the ability to get food, particularly perishable items on to the market, will be impeded,” he said. “That is likely to drive some price increases. It is also the case that some of the alternative routes by which food will reach our shores will add additional costs, for example Spanish produce being rerouted … rather than going through Dover/Calais can increase costs.

“So I do think there is a real risk in the event of a no deal of price spikes in certain foodstuffs.”

so.... project fear?

There is no point pricing themselves out of the food market, all that will happen is that their goods will eventually go rotten on the supermarket shelves as UK customers shop around. A lot of the cheaper stuff coming in is from non EU sources. I see it every day...

"ladies and gentleman... i present to you...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/dec/19/no-deal-brexit-will-raise-food-prices-says-michael-gove

Asked by Philip Dunne, Conservative MP for Ludlow, if no deal would increase food prices for consumers, given the UK imports half its food, Gove said the existence of additional checks at the border in a no-deal scenario and tariff barriers would affect prices.

“If you have friction and disruption – and we are trying to minimise that – between Dover and Calais, then the ability to get food, particularly perishable items on to the market, will be impeded,” he said. “That is likely to drive some price increases. It is also the case that some of the alternative routes by which food will reach our shores will add additional costs, for example Spanish produce being rerouted … rather than going through Dover/Calais can increase costs.

“So I do think there is a real risk in the event of a no deal of price spikes in certain foodstuffs.”

so.... project fear?

"

Well, to be honest, you could argue that food prices have already gone up due to the fall in the pound and rise in inflation after the referendum anway.

It may go further up still.

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

so.... project fear?

Well, to be honest, you could argue that food prices have already gone up due to the fall in the pound and rise in inflation after the referendum anway.

It may go further up still. "

On the inflation point, average wages in the UK have been rising above the rate of inflation.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

so.... project fear?

Yeah but mervin king said its good for us to pay more for food from abroad due to our currency being worth less ..

He didn't say nothing about the massive rise in food banks though..

Maybe such things don't affect him..

West London

so.... project fear?

On the inflation point, average wages in the UK have been rising above the rate of inflation. "

By about 0.3% on average. Most public employees are still on massively deflationary pay rises.

People must be giddy with excitement. That's why high street spending is going through the roof. Oh. Wait...

West London

so.... project fear?

Portion sizes went down too.

Memories fade fast don't they?

Cannock

so.... project fear?

Memories fade fast don't they?"

Portion sizes have been reduced and yet the UK is still classed as one of the most obese countries in Europe. Maybe portion sizes need to be reduced a bit more?

West London

so.... project fear?

Portion sizes have been reduced and yet the UK is still classed as one of the most obese countries in Europe. Maybe portion sizes need to be reduced a bit more? "

Brexit win then. Less for more

At some point it becomes impossible to rationalise this level of internal contradiction

Cannock

so.... project fear?

On the inflation point, average wages in the UK have been rising above the rate of inflation.

By about 0.3% on average. Most public employees are still on massively deflationary pay rises.

People must be giddy with excitement. That's why high street spending is going through the roof. Oh. Wait..."

It was just reported on sky news that inflation in the UK fell between October 2018 and December 2018 from 2.4% to 2.3%, so your 0.3% average figure is most probably out of date now.

On high street spending it's been down for some time and it's got very little to do with Brexit, mainly to do with the rise in online shopping as consumers change shopping habits.

West London

so.... project fear?

People must be giddy with excitement. That's why high street spending is going through the roof. Oh. Wait...

It was just reported on sky news that inflation in the UK fell between October 2018 and December 2018 from 2.4% to 2.3%, so your 0.3% average figure is most probably out of date now.

On high street spending it's been down for some time and it's got very little to do with Brexit, mainly to do with the rise in online shopping as consumers change shopping habits. "

Good. People need some good news.

For a £30000 salary that's an increase of £7.50 per month.

Certainly better than nothing.

Heard of ASOS?

Cannock

so.... project fear?

On high street spending it's been down for some time and it's got very little to do with Brexit, mainly to do with the rise in online shopping as consumers change shopping habits.

Heard of ASOS?"

Yes I've heard of ASOS, and also saw the reports on the news that their online shopping profits were down. I also saw the Ian King show on sky news where he said its lazy for remainers to blame the fall in ASOS profits on Brexit as only about 30% of ASOS business is done in the UK. So before you or any other remoaner tries to blame it on Brexit ASOS fall in online profits is due to a global slowdown.

West London

so.... project fear?

Heard of ASOS?

Yes I've heard of ASOS, and also saw the reports on the news that their online shopping profits were down. I also saw the Ian King show on sky news where he said its lazy for remainers to blame the fall in ASOS profits on Brexit as only about 30% of ASOS business is done in the UK. So before you or any other remoaner tries to blame it on Brexit ASOS fall in online profits is due to a global slowdown. "

I didn't say anything about Brexit in relation to ASOS.

Neither did you.

Retail spending has been falling for some time. What there is comes mainly on credit.

The point is that the miniscule increase in real wages that is finally coming through is not helping anyone. Most is being spent on paying back debt.

The Brexit inflation spike delayed even this unfortunately.

West London

so.... project fear?

Heard of ASOS?

Yes I've heard of ASOS, and also saw the reports on the news that their online shopping profits were down. I also saw the Ian King show on sky news where he said its lazy for remainers to blame the fall in ASOS profits on Brexit as only about 30% of ASOS business is done in the UK. So before you or any other remoaner tries to blame it on Brexit ASOS fall in online profits is due to a global slowdown. "

As for the global slowdown, it's the preceding global boom that kept us in growth after the post Brexit GDP fall that we, alone, suffered.

Your chum Trump is in no small part responsible for hastening a global down turn with his trade wars.

Do you see how it's all linked up?

By *oncupiscentTonyMan  over a year ago

Kent

Certainly a boost for the UK orange growing industry.

"There is no point pricing themselves out of the food market, all that will happen is that their goods will eventually go rotten on the supermarket shelves as UK customers shop around. A lot of the cheaper stuff coming in is from non EU sources. I see it every day..."

No point in sending it to the UK in the first place is there?

You work in a cash & carry which predominantly supplies small shops - these will become less and less as margins are squeezed. I hope you don't work for Booker as their pension fund has significant shortfalls in its pension fund - just pointing it out - just in case. You can thank Stuart Rose aka "the asset stripper" for that.

To answer the OP then, it seems like the tactic is to avoid the question.

Allow me to explain why it remains to be 'project fear' (remains - see what I did there?)

Talk of increased checks, delays etc when we leave and how it will affect food prices blah blah.

We ALREADY trade with the rest of the world. We already import and export through our ports and airports and so checks ALREADY take place on a large amount of goods and produce.

Here's something to consider. Currently, as part of the EU we are required to buy our tomatoes and our oranges etc from certain regions because the EU is all about supporting inefficient industries, for example certain food producers in Italy, or Spain etc.

Now, when we can buy our Tomatoes or our Oranges from wherever we like, we might actually see some prices come down. After all, if the EU want to start imposing tarrifs on things and we can find the same things cheaper elsewhere.......

And here's another thing. The checks all take place at the point of sale now anyway. All this scaremongering about the Irish border issue and that the Technology might take years is because Governments don't have a clue. The technology has existed and been in use for years.

Let's talk now about the M20 lorry park. We've seen it before. Miles and miles of Lorry's parked up on the M20 down to Dover.

It has nothing to do with Brexit.

This usually happens when the French are having a protest about something or other. The French have never liked us anyway. And they're often on strike for something or other.

It's all scaremongering

"Allow me to explain why it remains to be 'project fear' (remains - see what I did there?)

Talk of increased checks, delays etc when we leave and how it will affect food prices blah blah.

We ALREADY trade with the rest of the world. We already import and export through our ports and airports and so checks ALREADY take place on a large amount of goods and produce.

Here's something to consider. Currently, as part of the EU we are required to buy our tomatoes and our oranges etc from certain regions because the EU is all about supporting inefficient industries, for example certain food producers in Italy, or Spain etc.

Now, when we can buy our Tomatoes or our Oranges from wherever we like, we might actually see some prices come down. After all, if the EU want to start imposing tarrifs on things and we can find the same things cheaper elsewhere.......

And here's another thing. The checks all take place at the point of sale now anyway. All this scaremongering about the Irish border issue and that the Technology might take years is because Governments don't have a clue. The technology has existed and been in use for years.

Let's talk now about the M20 lorry park. We've seen it before. Miles and miles of Lorry's parked up on the M20 down to Dover.

This usually happens when the French are having a protest about something or other. The French have never liked us anyway. And they're often on strike for something or other.

It's all scaremongering"

Once upon a time......

So, you think that it’s going to be business as usual do you? Well it may be not quite as bad as some have proposed but there will be a downturn and lets hope that theres still a bit of money around to pay for frivolous extras like DJs because after all a spotify playlist works out a lot cheaper

Aren’t oranges only tarriffed when it’s in season for Spain ? So we’re moving from nontarrif oranges to tarrif oranges but may, if we agree wider deals, go to nontarrif

On exporting, I wonder how much we export to the outside world direct from our ports, and how much was sent to Rotterdam to be sent.... genuine question.

"Aren’t oranges only tarriffed when it’s in season for Spain ? So we’re moving from nontarrif oranges to tarrif oranges but may, if we agree wider deals, go to nontarrif

On exporting, I wonder how much we export to the outside world direct from our ports, and how much was sent to Rotterdam to be sent.... genuine question. "

Europort is the only port big enough to take the super sized ships in Europe. As you say a lot of UK imports from around the world goes to Rotterdam and then to UK by smaller ships or by road/rail.

"Allow me to explain why it remains to be 'project fear' (remains - see what I did there?)

It's all scaremongering"

Haha. But seriously...,

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

It's all scaremongering"

Havent you been keeping up with this debate regarding goods checking? Yes we check goods. Theyre goods from places like China which arrive in containers in places like London Gateway. The vast majority of our perishables arrive by RORO in places like Dover where virtually no facilities exist because there's next to no need to check anything. It's the same sort of nonsense that people talk about jobs. We lose doctors, nurses and teachers and replace them with the people who are currently out of work. Unfortunately, like customs checking there's a massive mismatch between what is needed and what's actually available. There's never a problem if you choose to ignore what's going on and suspend disbelief....

Cannock

"There is no point pricing themselves out of the food market, all that will happen is that their goods will eventually go rotten on the supermarket shelves as UK customers shop around. A lot of the cheaper stuff coming in is from non EU sources. I see it every day...

No point in sending it to the UK in the first place is there?

You work in a cash & carry which predominantly supplies small shops - these will become less and less as margins are squeezed. I hope you don't work for Booker as their pension fund has significant shortfalls in its pension fund - just pointing it out - just in case. You can thank Stuart Rose aka "the asset stripper" for that."

The same Stuart Rose who headed up the stronger in remain campaign during the referendum, yeah great guy to have as one of your main representatives wasn't he?

"

Depends on how you approach and attitude to the issue /problem.

If you view it as an immovable monolithic excuse that brexit is bad snd to give up e.g "aircraft cant go to Europe, then type an hysterical post then yes.

If its viewed objectively and be solution orientated, weighing up options in a balaced calm manner then no, it isn't.

Think" solution orientation " mr Fabio

Depends on how you approach and attitude to the issue /problem.

If you view it as an immovable monolithic excuse that brexit is bad snd to give up e.g "aircraft cant go to Europe, then type an hysterical post then yes.

If its viewed objectively and be solution orientated, weighing up options in a balaced calm manner then no, it isn't.

Think" solution orientation " mr Fabio "

Solutions have never been anything to do with the so called Project Fear.

During this last 2 years people who voted remain have posted about upcoming problems that BREXIT will bring about.

Leave voters on here just shouted them down screaming "Project Fear" without and I repeat "without" adding any solutions what so ever, just dismissed everything as project fear, as if it's impossible that it could happen.

Now as these "Project Fear" issues have become Project reality the issues are slowly "thankfully" been focused on and... I won't use the term "Fixed", but addressed to an extent so they are not as bad as they could be "still not great though" but the original point stands....

Brexiteers said these issues would never happen yet they are happening and their getting quick bandaid fixes as we go and they still cling to the notion that they were right to shout them down as project fear instead of Manning up and admitting they were wrong, these problems are real but they will be sorted out to "some extent"

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

In a no deal scenario:

* the £ drops in value

* tarrifs are added to everything we import

* food takes longer to reach the supermarket

Those first two cause inflation.

Supply side inflation.

What does the Bank of England do?

Raise interest rates to suck money out if the economy?

It forecasts a worst case of 5 % .

How many mortgages collapse?

Is this Project Fear?

Nope.

This is Brexshit, the greatest act of self-harm ever inflicted by a nation on its own people.

"In a no deal scenario:

* the £ drops in value

Supply side inflation.

Is this Project Fear?

Nope.

This is Brexshit, the greatest act of self-harm ever inflicted by a nation on its own people."

Your flogging a dead horse Sara. Not until they see and feel the pain will it be anything other than "project fear" . Still not long to wait in double figures now less than 100 days.

West London

It's all scaremongering"

Do explain country of origin rules then.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"

Prtoject fear is based on taking a point and timing it by 10.The more you lot do it the more I know we should leave because I will not be bullied because 90% of it is bullying.Yes there will be problems but that is to be expected and we will overcome them

The only thing that I feel about project fear is Corbyn getting into number 10 now that I fear,nothing else

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"In a no deal scenario:

* the £ drops in value

Supply side inflation.

Is this Project Fear?

Nope.

This is Brexshit, the greatest act of self-harm ever inflicted by a nation on its own people."

Do not be so negative it will be fine after a short time.

Project fear is about what could happen in the worst case scenario. Probably what is now called an unmanaged no deal.

Project fantasy was based in the best case. Out of everything European and no cost and no downside. Trade deals are signed in days.

We were always going to be somewhere inbetween.

As time went on it’s become clearer which end we would end up closer to. And it’s telling a managed no deal is one which moderates the extremes of “project fear”.

Bristol East

aka damage limitation

"aka damage limitation"

Hi sarah, you reckon it's due to the lack of time to prepare for brexit or is it just a bad deal anyway.?

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

If you need to clarify "project fear", read The Independent on any given day.

"In a no deal scenario:

* the £ drops in value

Supply side inflation.

Is this Project Fear?

Nope.

This is Brexshit, the greatest act of self-harm ever inflicted by a nation on its own people.Do not be so negative it will be fine after a short time."

Your matra is a Bobby McFerrin song!

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"In a no deal scenario:

* the £ drops in value

Supply side inflation.

Is this Project Fear?

Nope.

This is Brexshit, the greatest act of self-harm ever inflicted by a nation on its own people.Do not be so negative it will be fine after a short time."

Lalala, fingers in your ears. You have no evidence and yet the available evidence is strong and shouts the opposite.

Essex

"In a no deal scenario:

* the £ drops in value

Supply side inflation.

Is this Project Fear?

Nope.

Of course it will be ok eventually. All wounds heal eventually, even those caused by shooting yourself in the foot. What would be easier and more sensible would have been to avoid shooting your own toes off

By *andS66Couple  over a year ago

Derby

so.... project fear?

Memories fade fast don't they?"

And have been for the last 25 years.....

Derby

so.... project fear?

Heard of ASOS?

Yes I've heard of ASOS, and also saw the reports on the news that their online shopping profits were down. I also saw the Ian King show on sky news where he said its lazy for remainers to blame the fall in ASOS profits on Brexit as only about 30% of ASOS business is done in the UK. So before you or any other remoaner tries to blame it on Brexit ASOS fall in online profits is due to a global slowdown.

Neither did you.

Retail spending has been falling for some time. What there is comes mainly on credit.

The point is that the miniscule increase in real wages that is finally coming through is not helping anyone. Most is being spent on paying back debt.

The Brexit inflation spike delayed even this unfortunately."

There hasn't been any increase for a decade or more, since way before brexit......but there is now.

Cannock

so.... project fear?

Heard of ASOS?

Neither did you.

There hasn't been any increase for a decade or more, since way before brexit......but there is now."

True.

It's also been revealed that online shopping figures are not as bad as forecasters predicted. Online shopping numbers for November are way above what experts thought it was.

so.... project fear?

Heard of ASOS?

Neither did you.

There hasn't been any increase for a decade or more, since way before brexit......but there is now.

True.

It's also been revealed that online shopping figures are not as bad as forecasters predicted. Online shopping numbers for November are way above what experts thought it was. "

The trouble with your reliance on quoting Sky news is that it is just as biased as any other media outlet and you give the impression that its figures are more accurate than say the bbc which frankly is bollocks. They all follow an agenda but lets be honest, the Murdochs have been chipping away at the concept of society and promoting free market radicalism for decades now so their figures are hardly likely to be impartial and may even be dishonest!

West London

so.... project fear?

Heard of ASOS?

Neither did you.

True.

It's also been revealed that online shopping figures are not as bad as forecasters predicted. Online shopping numbers for November are way above what experts thought it was. "

You are doing this with such consistency that it's easy to miss now.

"Not as bad".

Not a disaster so it's a victory. Goals and ambitions set so low.

Which is it then? A global reduction in online spending or a pre Brexit victory in consumer confidence.

Choose your direction of spin for the day

Can i ask those who wish to remain in the EU:

Considering the problems that Italy and France have, don't yous think it won't happen to the UK?

West London

so.... project fear?

Heard of ASOS?

Neither did you.

There hasn't been any increase for a decade or more, since way before brexit......but there is now."

Something to do with a global recession? Talk about poor memory.

We would have been at the point of rising wages quicker if our economy hadn't taken a kicking from the referendum result.

Go on, find a way to deny that we enjoyed a sudden fall in GDP output relative to other G20 countries after the vote.

Not a disaster is not an improvement. Stop trying to sell it as one.

West London

so.... project fear?

And have been for the last 25 years....."

That is true. However, there was a specific spike after Brexit.

Lucky us.

Cannock

so.... project fear?

Heard of ASOS?

Neither did you.

True.

It's also been revealed that online shopping figures are not as bad as forecasters predicted. Online shopping numbers for November are way above what experts thought it was.

The trouble with your reliance on quoting Sky news is that it is just as biased as any other media outlet and you give the impression that its figures are more accurate than say the bbc which frankly is bollocks. They all follow an agenda but lets be honest, the Murdochs have been chipping away at the concept of society and promoting free market radicalism for decades now so their figures are hardly likely to be impartial and may even be dishonest! "

The shopping figures for November are the same whichever news outlet you care you look at, lol.

By *ild_oatsMan  over a year ago

the land of saints & sinners

Better plan around Project Fear ... Than the current .... Project Incompetence

Cannock

so.... project fear?

Heard of ASOS?

Neither did you.

True.

"Not as bad".

Which is it then? A global reduction in online spending or a pre Brexit victory in consumer confidence.

Choose your direction of spin for the day "

Well when remoaners like you and Fabio keep following the Project fear bullshit and you keep painting the worse case scenarios as real credible events, then time and time again they don't happen and simply fail to materialise you make yourself look like fools. It's not hard to score victories against you, it's like taking candy from a baby.

West London

so.... project fear?

Heard of ASOS?

Neither did you.

True.

"Not as bad".

Well when remoaners like you and Fabio keep following the Project fear bullshit and you keep painting the worse case scenarios as real credible events, then time and time again they don't happen and simply fail to materialise you make yourself look like fools. It's not hard to score victories against you, it's like taking candy from a baby. "

You aren't winning. You cannot even recognise that. Your self-delusion is epic!

Remainers never said the world would end. I never have. Those are the worst case risks that need to be assessed.

The reality is that it is all worse. You run away when asked to define how much. "Small". "Short term". That is not the reality.

You are claiming that things getting worse but not disastrous is brilliant.

What world do you inhabit?

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

Well when remoaners like you and Fabio keep following the Project fear bullshit and you keep painting the worse case scenarios as real credible events, then time and time again they don't happen and simply fail to materialise you make yourself look like fools. It's not hard to score victories against you, it's like taking candy from a baby. "

you seem to forget something....

whose quote about what subject did i quote?

is michael gove spouting project fear???

if so why is he spouting project to a house of commons select committee??? and to a conservative leaver asking the question!!!!

you really do give "village idiots" a bad name at times....

West London

so.... project fear?

Heard of ASOS?

Neither did you.

True.

The trouble with your reliance on quoting Sky news is that it is just as biased as any other media outlet and you give the impression that its figures are more accurate than say the bbc which frankly is bollocks. They all follow an agenda but lets be honest, the Murdochs have been chipping away at the concept of society and promoting free market radicalism for decades now so their figures are hardly likely to be impartial and may even be dishonest!

The shopping figures for November are the same whichever news outlet you care you look at, lol. "

As usual you try to simplify something complex and only look at what works for your argument. BBC (obviously biased in your world though):

"Retail sales jumped more than expected in November, helped by Black Friday promotions and stronger growth in sales of household goods.

Official figures showed sales rose 1.4% from October , despite economists' forecasts of about a 0.3% gain.

But for the three months to November, which smoothes out monthly volatility, sales growth was 0.4% on the previous quarter, the slowest rate since April.

Several retailers have warned of tough trading this winter.

Sports Direct boss Mike Ashley said November was "unbelievably bad", while Superdry and online retailer Asos have also warned of dismal trading.

So, the "adjusted" increase in the amount of goods sold between October and November may appear stronger than it should. And it's clear that shifting more goods in November came at a heavy price for retailers such as Asos, which had to discount heavily to keep up with competitors, damaging profits.

Beyond the November headline, the underlying trend in spending is slowing - growing by 0.4% over the last four months. That's the weakest rate since April, and doesn't bode well for retailers or the economy as a whole.

And if Christmas shopping is happening earlier, December could disappoint. Indeed, a survey from CBI points to weakest growth in sales this month for over a year."

Why not post your unbiased news source?

Cannock

so.... project fear?

Heard of ASOS?

Neither did you.

True.

"Not as bad".

Well when remoaners like you and Fabio keep following the Project fear bullshit and you keep painting the worse case scenarios as real credible events, then time and time again they don't happen and simply fail to materialise you make yourself look like fools. It's not hard to score victories against you, it's like taking candy from a baby.

Remainers never said the world would end. I never have. Those are the worst case risks that need to be assessed.

The reality is that it is all worse. You run away when asked to define how much. "Small". "Short term". That is not the reality.

What world do you inhabit?"

The likes of you and Fabio aren't winning. You cannot even recognise that. Your self delusion is epic!

Remainers like Fabio have actually said the world would end, just a few short weeks ago he was saying on here planes would be grounded, the country would run out of food and medicine, blah, blah, Project fear, blah, blah.

The reality is those things won't happen, so much so that Fabio has completely changed his tune from all planes will be grounded, to planes will fly but you'll only get a basic service.

He's had to admit that things will be better than what he was saying previously.

Cannock

so.... project fear?

Heard of ASOS?

Neither did you.

True.

The shopping figures for November are the same whichever news outlet you care you look at, lol.

As usual you try to simplify something complex and only look at what works for your argument. BBC (obviously biased in your world though):

"Retail sales jumped more than expected in November, helped by Black Friday promotions and stronger growth in sales of household goods.

Official figures showed sales rose 1.4% from October , despite economists' forecasts of about a 0.3% gain.

But for the three months to November, which smoothes out monthly volatility, sales growth was 0.4% on the previous quarter, the slowest rate since April.

Sports Direct boss Mike Ashley said November was "unbelievably bad", while Superdry and online retailer Asos have also warned of dismal trading.

So, the "adjusted" increase in the amount of goods sold between October and November may appear stronger than it should. And it's clear that shifting more goods in November came at a heavy price for retailers such as Asos, which had to discount heavily to keep up with competitors, damaging profits.

Beyond the November headline, the underlying trend in spending is slowing - growing by 0.4% over the last four months. That's the weakest rate since April, and doesn't bode well for retailers or the economy as a whole.

And if Christmas shopping is happening earlier, December could disappoint. Indeed, a survey from CBI points to weakest growth in sales this month for over a year."

Why not post your unbiased news source? "

Just like Fabio having to shift from 'planes will be grounded' to 'planes will fly' you've now shifted from saying on here yesterday there 'was a decline in sales' to 'sales are now better than expected for November'. You really have made yourself look like a complete tool here. Yet again you're now predicting a downturn for December, don't you ever learn from your mistakes? Ian King on sky news predicts that shoppers are leaving their Christmas shopping until the last minute this year and there were signs that this last weekend before Christmas will see a flood of consumer spending both online and with big footfall increase on the high street too. You can Continue to be negative and pessimistic all you like, I suspect your December prediction will go the same way as what you said about November, and December spending will in fact turn out to be better than what is forecast. We shall see what the actual December spending figures are in January. On a final note about Superdry I'm not at all surprised they are finding trading conditions tough now, as the owner of Superdry publicly backed the remain 'People's Vote' campaign pumping millions of pounds into It. I used to be a Superdry consumer but not anymore and since he pulled that stunt I now actively boycott all Superdry products. I suspect many of the 17.4 million leave voters are doing the same. Really bad business move that was by Superdry, should have kept his millions in the bank and kept his mouth shut if he didn't want his business to suffer.

I can settle this.

No one is winning.

It’s like being thumped 9-0 and celebrating you kept it to single figures and that the grumpy old timer who said it would be ten is wrong

Bristol East

I am becoming more and more convinced that nationalism is like some sort of disease that eats brain cells.

Newcastle and Gateshead

still didn't answer the basic question... which was since michael gove famously said we shouldn't list the experts.... is michael gove now spouting "project fear"? after all why would he say that in front of a house of commons select committee....

... because he actually had to??????

Wow Centy you are boycotting Superdry now are you? Do you think that will make a difference to them? If you do then I think your sanity is even more questionable than ever! I do worry that perhaps you have stopped taking your medication again!

West London

so.... project fear?

Heard of ASOS?

Neither did you.

True.

"Not as bad".

The likes of you and Fabio aren't winning. You cannot even recognise that. Your self delusion is epic!

Remainers like Fabio have actually said the world would end, just a few short weeks ago he was saying on here planes would be grounded, the country would run out of food and medicine, blah, blah, Project fear, blah, blah.

The reality is those things won't happen, so much so that Fabio has completely changed his tune from all planes will be grounded, to planes will fly but you'll only get a basic service.

He's had to admit that things will be better than what he was saying previously.

What world do you inhabit? "

You can't even construct your own sentences now Centaur?

There was no plan for planes to fly without a negotiated agreement.

The EU is allowing us to do so on their terms.

Let's say it together Centaur:

"They are in control"

West London

so.... project fear?

Heard of ASOS?

Neither did you.

True.

Just like Fabio having to shift from 'planes will be grounded' to 'planes will fly' you've now shifted from saying on here yesterday there 'was a decline in sales' to 'sales are now better than expected for November'. You really have made yourself look like a complete tool here. Yet again you're now predicting a downturn for December, don't you ever learn from your mistakes? Ian King on sky news predicts that shoppers are leaving their Christmas shopping until the last minute this year and there were signs that this last weekend before Christmas will see a flood of consumer spending both online and with big footfall increase on the high street too. You can Continue to be negative and pessimistic all you like, I suspect your December prediction will go the same way as what you said about November, and December spending will in fact turn out to be better than what is forecast. We shall see what the actual December spending figures are in January. On a final note about Superdry I'm not at all surprised they are finding trading conditions tough now, as the owner of Superdry publicly backed the remain 'People's Vote' campaign pumping millions of pounds into It. I used to be a Superdry consumer but not anymore and since he pulled that stunt I now actively boycott all Superdry products. I suspect many of the 17.4 million leave voters are doing the same. Really bad business move that was by Superdry, should have kept his millions in the bank and kept his mouth shut if he didn't want his business to suffer.

"

Centaur, I am using the data available.

ASOS sales are down to the extent that their share price fell 3O%

You, Centaur, said that high street spending had been falling for years and the ASOS fall was due to a global fall in online shopping.

Now you are saying that the data has been revised up and there is no problem.

The discussion was actually about the increase in wages that you were so excited about being vanishingly small. So if we do get bumper sales they will be bought on credit, as I stated.

Anything to say on that topic?

You inhabit your own world of logical contortions which I do not understand.

Derby

so.... project fear?

Heard of ASOS?

Neither did you.

We would have been at the point of rising wages quicker if our economy hadn't taken a kicking from the referendum result.

Go on, find a way to deny that we enjoyed a sudden fall in GDP output relative to other G20 countries after the vote.

Not a disaster is not an improvement. Stop trying to sell it as one."

So in one sentence you're saying that the reason wages haven't increased in the years before brexit is because we've been in a global recession, and the next sentence you're saying they have increasing above inflation since brexit, even though our economy is performing worse than it was during the global recession?

Why are they increasing above inflation then?

West London

so.... project fear?

Heard of ASOS?

Neither did you.

So in one sentence you're saying that the reason wages haven't increased in the years before brexit is because we've been in a global recession, and the next sentence you're saying they have increasing above inflation since brexit, even though our economy is performing worse than it was during the global recession?

Why are they increasing above inflation then?"

Actually the trend in wage growth has been upwards since 2014.

The problem is that it fell so far behind from 2008.

Sadly the spike in inflation after the referendum vote meant that nearly all of the wage increase was gobbled up. It's only now that wage growth has finally got ahead again.

Trends show you the big picture. Spikes or turning points indicate specific events.

Have a look at the graph here. What's important is the distance the blue line is above the red one:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/business-45875599

Derby

so.... project fear?

Heard of ASOS?

Neither did you.

Sadly the spike in inflation after the referendum vote meant that nearly all of the wage increase was gobbled up. It's only now that wage growth has finally got ahead again.

Trends show you the big picture. Spikes or turning points indicate specific events.

Have a look at the graph here. What's important is the distance the blue line is above the red one:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/business-45875599"

You do know that in 2015 the BoE forecast that inflation would rise to between 2% and 3% by the end of 2017 don't you?

Maybe they knew the referendum woukd give a leave vote?

West London

so.... project fear?

Heard of ASOS?

Neither did you.

You do know that in 2015 the BoE forecast that inflation would rise to between 2% and 3% by the end of 2017 don't you?

Maybe they knew the referendum woukd give a leave vote?"

It's very difficult to know what data and from whom you find acceptable and what you do not. I am referring to leavers in general. Forgive me if don't take too much notice as everything that the BoE says is also, apparently, "project fear".

You can interpret it any way you choose, but the the rise in inflation happened at a very specific time.

Equally wages have been on a rising trend regardless.

You are free to give another explanation.

Derby

so.... project fear?

Heard of ASOS?

Neither did you.

It's very difficult to know what data and from whom you find acceptable and what you do not. I am referring to leavers in general. Forgive me if don't take too much notice as everything that the BoE says is also, apparently, "project fear".

You can interpret it any way you choose, but the the rise in inflation happened at a very specific time.

You are free to give another explanation."

The rise in inflation happened at a very specific time?

What was it you were saying about cognitive bias on another thread?!

And in one post on here you say there's been no wage rises for 10 years, and now you say wages have been on a rising trend regardless?!

West London

so.... project fear?

Heard of ASOS?

Neither did you.

You are free to give another explanation.

The rise in inflation happened at a very specific time?

What was it you were saying about cognitive bias on another thread?!

And in one post on here you say there's been no wage rises for 10 years, and now you say wages have been on a rising trend regardless?!"

When did the rise in inflation happen then? You can read it off the graph. What do you think the reason for it was?

Interestingly you are the one that said that wages hadn't risen for a decade or more. Doh!

They hadn't risen until 2014 and then in 2016 it all went wrong again. What do you think the reason was?

Cannock

so.... project fear?

Heard of ASOS?

Neither did you.

You are free to give another explanation."

Another Explanation? You could always go and ask the leader of the Stronger In remain campaign Stuart Rose. He said during a grilling by a House of Commons select committee in 2016 during the referendum campaign that British workers wages would rise as a consequence of leaving the EU.

He didn’t strictky say they would after leaving the Eu.

He was asked an economics 101 question and said If you are short of labour, the price of labour will go up, but that is not necessarily a good thing.

Will we be short of labour ? That assumes the number of jobs remain constant or rising. And labour is restricted in these areas.

Cannock

so.... project fear?

Heard of ASOS?

Neither did you.

True.

Why not post your unbiased news source? "

I told you your doom and gloom predictions about December being a bad month for shopping figures would come back to bite you on the ass, and it looks like it has. I told you December shopping figures would most likely go the same way as November and would turn out to be better than expected, and it certainly looks like that will be the case now. As I said, when will you learn? Boxing day spending in the UK saw a record being hit with £4.75 billion being spent, beating last year's record. £3.71 billion was spent in shops and £1.04 billion online. December is still not over yet with a few days still left for bargain hunter's to grab a bargain in the sales. Looks like the CBI and your other 'unbiased' news sources will be left with egg on their faces yet again.

West London

so.... project fear?

Heard of ASOS?

Neither did you.

True.

I told you your doom and gloom predictions about December being a bad month for shopping figures would come back to bite you on the ass, and it looks like it has. I told you December shopping figures would most likely go the same way as November and would turn out to be better than expected, and it certainly looks like that will be the case now. As I said, when will you learn? Boxing day spending in the UK saw a record being hit with £4.75 billion being spent, beating last year's record. £3.71 billion was spent in shops and £1.04 billion online. December is still not over yet with a few days still left for bargain hunter's to grab a bargain in the sales. Looks like the CBI and your other 'unbiased' news sources will be left with egg on their faces yet again. "

Your ability to use data before it has even been gathered and collated will become legendary

You should just read up the definition of the word "predicted".

You should also have a look to see what the words; "margin", "profit" and "profits warning" mean.

This is not even a Brexit argument. This is about individual debt and confidence and crashing global stock markets and trade wars and business rates and online sales tax dodges.

You are spinning into an alternate reality Centaur.

I'm interested to know how you do explain the current moves in equities too as up now seems to mean down to you.

According to the sun these numbers are still estimates. You may have a better source. Or have a better idea how good their estimates tend to be.

They also mentioned it was helped by overseas buyers who were making the most of the discounts and the low pound. Whixh is good for our high street, but doesn’t support any consumer confidence points.

It is good to see some positive numbers from the high street tho.

Newcastle and Gateshead

notice the brexiteers still don't want to answer the original question.... which was "is it still project fear when one of their own states that one of the things they originally stated as project fear, is now project reality?"

so basically... if lets say Anna Soubrey (just picking out a name) had said this.... it would have been mocked and slated as project fear

but if Michael Gove has said the same thing....... is it still lauded as project fear?

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

"

I told you your doom and gloom predictions about December being a bad month for shopping figures would come back to bite you on the ass, and it looks like it has. I told you December shopping figures would most likely go the same way as November and would turn out to be better than expected, and it certainly looks like that will be the case now. As I said, when will you learn? Boxing day spending in the UK saw a record being hit with £4.75 billion being spent, beating last year's record. £3.71 billion was spent in shops and £1.04 billion online. December is still not over yet with a few days still left for bargain hunter's to grab a bargain in the sales. Looks like the CBI and your other 'unbiased' news sources will be left with egg on their faces yet again. "

It will be interesting to see the final figures. All I know from this is that I went out shopping on the Saturday before Christmas, about 11am, heading in to centre of Bristol. I was expecting complete and utter carnage. Normally on a Saturday there will be queues of traffic on the M32 getting off the slip road at Ikea/Tesco and at the end turning into Cabot Circus (big shopping centre) car park. On that Saturday it was empty. Drove straight down the M32, no traffic whatsoever. Quite a strange feeling.

We stopped at the M&S food hall to pick up some bits we had pre-ordered. I was expecting a queue there and the usual M&S sharp elbowed old ladies... but nothing... no queue at all. I walked straight up to the collection counter and was served right away. Then straight to the tills and no queue there either.

Drove down to Cabot Circus, still no traffic at all. At the car park not even having to stop to queue at the ticket barrier on the way in.

Then walking around Cabot Circus and Broadmead there were people there, but it seemed no busier than any other weekend. There is a big set of Christmas market stalls down the middle, so that reduces the walking space by about half. Yet even though I was pushing someone in a wheelchair, there was no problem at all.

Just a single data point of course. But it did seem strangely quiet for shopping on the Saturday just before Christmas.

-Matt

Bristol East

We are being softened up.

Told to prepare for difficulties.

So when the difficulties turn out only to be bad, not awful, it can be respun as good news, a relief.

And praise be to the Government for saving us from that calamity.

Classic spin.

Essex

"We are being softened up.

So when the difficulties turn out only to be bad, not awful, it can be respun as good news, a relief.

Classic spin.

"

Indeed. There's an unholy rush to reclalibrate fuck up and turn it into triumph. Frighteningly, most will lap it up with fawning gratitude

Cannock

"

I told you your doom and gloom predictions about December being a bad month for shopping figures would come back to bite you on the ass, and it looks like it has. I told you December shopping figures would most likely go the same way as November and would turn out to be better than expected, and it certainly looks like that will be the case now. As I said, when will you learn? Boxing day spending in the UK saw a record being hit with £4.75 billion being spent, beating last year's record. £3.71 billion was spent in shops and £1.04 billion online. December is still not over yet with a few days still left for bargain hunter's to grab a bargain in the sales. Looks like the CBI and your other 'unbiased' news sources will be left with egg on their faces yet again.

It will be interesting to see the final figures. All I know from this is that I went out shopping on the Saturday before Christmas, about 11am, heading in to centre of Bristol. I was expecting complete and utter carnage. Normally on a Saturday there will be queues of traffic on the M32 getting off the slip road at Ikea/Tesco and at the end turning into Cabot Circus (big shopping centre) car park. On that Saturday it was empty. Drove straight down the M32, no traffic whatsoever. Quite a strange feeling.

We stopped at the M&S food hall to pick up some bits we had pre-ordered. I was expecting a queue there and the usual M&S sharp elbowed old ladies... but nothing... no queue at all. I walked straight up to the collection counter and was served right away. Then straight to the tills and no queue there either.

Drove down to Cabot Circus, still no traffic at all. At the car park not even having to stop to queue at the ticket barrier on the way in.

Then walking around Cabot Circus and Broadmead there were people there, but it seemed no busier than any other weekend. There is a big set of Christmas market stalls down the middle, so that reduces the walking space by about half. Yet even though I was pushing someone in a wheelchair, there was no problem at all.

Just a single data point of course. But it did seem strangely quiet for shopping on the Saturday just before Christmas.

-Matt"

If we're going to recite personal stories then i went into Cannock town centre on Christmas eve to do my shopping. Was very busy in the town, and i had to queue in several shops before i got served at the till.

Reports in the press about the boxing day sales say footfall numbers in some shops were up 15% on last years numbers.

West London

"

-Matt

If we're going to recite personal stories then i went into Cannock town centre on Christmas eve to do my shopping. Was very busy in the town, and i had to queue in several shops before i got served at the till.

Reports in the press about the boxing day sales say footfall numbers in some shops were up 15% on last years numbers. "

You're hilarious. Footfall down everywhere except London due to foreign shoppers.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/business-46684639

More than one source saying this.

This doesn't cover online sales of course, but also gives no indication of profits considering the huge discounts.

You do understand that these shops can sell a huge amount but make little or no profit don't you?

West London

Classic spin.

Indeed. There's an unholy rush to reclalibrate fuck up and turn it into triumph. Frighteningly, most will lap it up with fawning gratitude"

This is the story.

The Leavers on here have been doing it for some time.

The story is that it's not so bad. Not a disaster as predicted.

It will be fine after some unspecified period of unspecified "minor" pain.

No more about the UK "thriving".

Global events pushed leave during the first referendum. War and refugees from the Middle East (nothing to do with the EU of course).

Another global economic crisis will push the other way this time.

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

internet shopping is destroying the high street.

West London

"internet shopping is destroying the high street.

"

Actually, we have.

It's our fault for buying purely on price. For demanding lower Council Tax leading to grant black-mail from central government forcing up business rates. For our governments not working together to tax internet firms on sales in their country of purchase rather than offshore.

Cannock

"

-Matt

Reports in the press about the boxing day sales say footfall numbers in some shops were up 15% on last years numbers.

You're hilarious. Footfall down everywhere except London due to foreign shoppers.

This doesn't cover online sales of course, but also gives no indication of profits considering the huge discounts.

You do understand that these shops can sell a huge amount but make little or no profit don't you?"

What part of footfall in "some" shops increased by 15% didn't you understand then? If it increased in London then it increased in "some" shops didn't it. Have you started those evening English classes yet, because it still seems you're unable to comprehend basic English language.

Also on profit, last years spending record for boxing day was broken, that means more profit this year compared to last year. Your negative, pessimistic doom mongering about December spending is going the same way as your negative, pessimistic doom mongering about November, which is down the tubes leaving you with egg on your face.

[Removed by poster at 28/12/18 14:30:28]

"

-Matt

You do understand that these shops can sell a huge amount but make little or no profit don't you?

What part of footfall in "some" shops increased by 15% didn't you understand then? If it increased in London then it increased in "some" shops didn't it. Have you started those evening English classes yet, because it still seems you're unable to comprehend basic English language.

Also on profit, last years spending record for boxing day was broken, that means more profit this year compared to last year. Your negative, pessimistic doom mongering about December spending is going the same way as your negative, pessimistic doom mongering about November, which is down the tubes leaving you with egg on your face. "

Not really, your point is still stupid. Bit like saying I've lost £200 betting but I won £10 on one bet so it's not all bad.

West London

"

-Matt

Also on profit, last years spending record for boxing day was broken, that means more profit this year compared to last year. Your negative, pessimistic doom mongering about December spending is going the same way as your negative, pessimistic doom mongering about November, which is down the tubes leaving you with egg on your face. "

Micro victory to you

Your point is still meaningless.

The overall expectation is an overall national reduction. We'll see the final figures. Hopefully better however footfall does not equal sales and sales do not equal profit.

Spending does not equal profit Centaur. Profit is the difference between cost and sale price. If the item was more expensive to purchase from the supplier due to currency weakness and costs have risen due to wages and sale price fell due to discounts then you can sell more but make less profit.

Please disagree. I'd like you to talk through the logic.

What was my pessimistic doom-mongering for November? All I stated was that the real germs increase in wages was tiny. Something like £7.50 for a £35,000 salary and that this would have been higher had inflation not spiked on the referendum result which obliterated the small wage increases that had been established.

None of that you could disagree with so you ran away.

You don't even follow the discussion but I know you like being the "winningest" regardless of reality like your hero Trump

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

Project fear.....

Sales of dummies will fall come march 29 .there will be nowt left for the moaners to cry about

Boo hoo

"Project fear.....

Sales of dummies will fall come march 29 .there will be nowt left for the moaners to cry about

Boo hoo"

What does that actually mean?

"Project fear.....

Boo hoo"

Project fear. Nothing bad will happen after March 29.

"Project fear.....

Boo hooProject fear. Nothing bad will happen after March 29. "

If anything I'll be buying more Dummies! I'm not sure this will be anywhere near over by then.

"Project fear.....

Boo hooProject fear. Nothing bad will happen after March 29.

If anything I'll be buying more Dummies! I'm not sure this will be anywhere near over by then."

Thats the spirit. Hope you get a good price on them.

"Project fear.....

Boo hooProject fear. Nothing bad will happen after March 29. "

That’s only the start.

As is well established “project fear” is a phrase used by people who are afraid of reality.

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

Classic spin.

Indeed. There's an unholy rush to reclalibrate fuck up and turn it into triumph. Frighteningly, most will lap it up with fawning gratitude"

My father in law used to say "If you are fed shit long enough, you start to like the taste of it".

-Matt

By *inkywife1981Couple  over a year ago

A town near you

"

Sorry to hijack your post Mr Fabio.

Ireland exports a lot of seafood and live cattle to the UK and Europe, the trucks carrying these goods pass through the UK enroute to Dover amongst other places. So the cost of our produce will have to increase for our continental customers as well. Anyone that travels between The UK, Ireland and Europe will notice the volume of Irish trucks on the ferries and highways.

At some point can't we just agree to let trade continue as normal even with the Brits out of the EU, if anything just for the convenience of us Irish and other Europeans. Are we the EU cutting our nose off to spite our face?

Ireland exports a lot of seafood and live cattle to the UK and Europe, the trucks carrying these goods pass through the UK enroute to Dover amongst other places. So the cost of our produce will have to increase for our continental customers as well. Anyone that travels between The UK, Ireland and Europe will notice the volume of Irish trucks on the ferries and highways.

At some point can't we just agree to let trade continue as normal even with the Brits out of the EU, if anything just for the convenience of us Irish and other Europeans. Are we the EU cutting our nose off to spite our face?"

I suppose a ferry route could go between the roi and france directly for example

bournemouth

At some point can't we just agree to let trade continue as normal even with the Brits out of the EU, if anything just for the convenience of us Irish and other Europeans. Are we the EU cutting our nose off to spite our face?

I suppose a ferry route could go between the roi and france directly for example "

There is but they dont have the capacity and irish ferries are stopping the route between roslare and France, not sure if they are putting that ship on the dublin route though

bournemouth

At some point can't we just agree to let trade continue as normal even with the Brits out of the EU, if anything just for the convenience of us Irish and other Europeans. Are we the EU cutting our nose off to spite our face?"

That is the reason they have started to back down from playing hardball EG the aviation offer, they know it would hurtthe EU more due to the number of tourists they would lose, there is no reason why we cant agree asensible deal that isnt like the single market so they can save face over free movement but keeps jobs both sides of the border, this will happen at some point so lets just do it now instead of playing like kids

West London

That is the reason they have started to back down from playing hardball EG the aviation offer, they know it would hurtthe EU more due to the number of tourists they would lose, there is no reason why we cant agree asensible deal that isnt like the single market so they can save face over free movement but keeps jobs both sides of the border, this will happen at some point so lets just do it now instead of playing like kids"

They aren't really backing down on flights.

They are dictating terms, not negotiating. You are certainly correct that they have something to lose, but it's the UK that becomes isolated not the continent. If we don't accept their terms then there will also be no flights from Europe. EU tourists unable to fly to the UK have plenty of choice. We would have to go medium or long hall.

Ferry capacity from Ireland to the EU is more of a problem. How long to build capacity with an EU grant?

We talked about nothing is agreed until everything is agreed. We said no deal is better than a bad deal.

If anything it feels like we’re ceding ground here by talking about a managed no deal, which is really a set of piecemeal deals agreed individually.

I’m also worried that the areas being managed seem to be the ones the EU cares about. And they are setting terms.

It’s also in line with the timetable they set themselves. So are still playing by their agreed playbook. Yet we’re having squabbles about when we (parliament) are going to have a vote (and what nature this vote will look like)

A town near you

I suppose a ferry route could go between the roi and france directly for example "

For one not enough space for all the traffic and if heading to Holland, Scandinavia or even Germany it's more feasable to travel into the UK and then get a connecting ferry rather than driving down to rosslare then off at Cherbourg and driving through Europe to reach the destination.

A town near you

Despite all the talk about brexit doomsday for the Brits, please consider the inconvenience it will be for us in the EU if the eurocrats in Brussels make it things harder than they need to be.

Advice to the beurocrats in Brussels, lets be amicable and make things easier for both side to avoid any unnecessary hassle in both directions

"Despite all the talk about brexit doomsday for the Brits, please consider the inconvenience it will be for us in the EU if the eurocrats in Brussels make it things harder than they need to be.

Advice to the beurocrats in Brussels, lets be amicable and make things easier for both side to avoid any unnecessary hassle in both directions "

What on earth is this meant to mean? We have chosen to leave the EU and keep asking for preferable concessions it's us making the demands not them.

I do feel sorry for those who benefit from the way the EU has set itself up, and are going to be messed around, because another country doesn’t want to be part.

A town near you

"Despite all the talk about brexit doomsday for the Brits, please consider the inconvenience it will be for us in the EU if the eurocrats in Brussels make it things harder than they need to be.

Advice to the beurocrats in Brussels, lets be amicable and make things easier for both side to avoid any unnecessary hassle in both directions

What on earth is this meant to mean? We have chosen to leave the EU and keep asking for preferable concessions it's us making the demands not them."

Simple really, let the Brits leave the EU as you guys voted but maintain current agreements with regard trade and standards as this benefits both sides, there really is no need for Brexit to be painful for both sides.

What on earth is this meant to mean? We have chosen to leave the EU and keep asking for preferable concessions it's us making the demands not them.

Simple really, let the Brits leave the EU as you guys voted but maintain current agreements with regard trade and standards as this benefits both sides, there really is no need for Brexit to be painful for both sides."

Now that is simple!

Fabio: ffs, can you tell me in a succinct, contiguous manner, what your feckin srory is.?! Please.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Fabio: ffs, can you tell me in a succinct, contiguous manner, what your feckin srory is.?! Please. "

it was post number 5 in this thread.....

"Asked by Philip Dunne, Conservative MP for Ludlow, if no deal would increase food prices for consumers, given the UK imports half its food, Gove said the existence of additional checks at the border in a no-deal scenario and tariff barriers would affect prices.

so.... project fear?

West London

"Fabio: ffs, can you tell me in a succinct, contiguous manner, what your feckin srory is.?! Please.

it was post number 5 in this thread.....

"Asked by Philip Dunne, Conservative MP for Ludlow, if no deal would increase food prices for consumers, given the UK imports half its food, Gove said the existence of additional checks at the border in a no-deal scenario and tariff barriers would affect prices.

so.... project fear?

"

Absolutely. Any negative comment about Brexit is project fear.

Gove is now a traitor and an enemy of the people. Definitely an elitist member of the establishment.

Isn't that so Centaur?

» Add a new message to this topic