FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Facebook

Facebook

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oo hot OP   Couple  over a year ago

North West

Anyone else noticed the ramping up of targeted political adverts on Facebook as we approach March 29th?

I thought all of this was supposed to be taken care of now and yet on a daily basis now I am being targeted by Brexit related lies, misinformation and groups advocating civil unrest.

This is a real threat to society in my opinion.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Don't have it don't need crap in my life.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Anyone else noticed the ramping up of targeted political adverts on Facebook as we approach March 29th?

I thought all of this was supposed to be taken care of now and yet on a daily basis now I am being targeted by Brexit related lies, misinformation and groups advocating civil unrest.

This is a real threat to society in my opinion. "

Its same on both sides, remainers and leave both throwing nonsense posts, Scientist's of EU are just as bad as leaver posts, both sides are as guilty

North West

"Anyone else noticed the ramping up of targeted political adverts on Facebook as we approach March 29th?

Its same on both sides, remainers and leave both throwing nonsense posts, Scientist's of EU are just as bad as leaver posts, both sides are as guilty

"

Not sure about that. Last two days I have had...

Leave.EU and the Donald Tusk’s granddad was a Nazi thread that was piled into and “confirmed” by thousands as the reason he was influenced to create a Nazi EU

Westmonster and Fight for Brexit mobilising support to literally bring civil unrest to the streets in the event of a delayed Brexit. Dissenting voices are threatened with physical violence and intimidation.

In my opinion this is the steering of the country by external players.

Not sure about that. Last two days I have had...

Leave.EU and the Donald Tusk’s granddad was a Nazi thread that was piled into and “confirmed” by thousands as the reason he was influenced to create a Nazi EU

Westmonster and Fight for Brexit mobilising support to literally bring civil unrest to the streets in the event of a delayed Brexit. Dissenting voices are threatened with physical violence and intimidation.

In my opinion this is the steering of the country by external players."

Well most of my friends are remainers and I constantly get bombarded with scientists for EU nonsense as well as a mountain of remain posts, I also voted remain but the posts that are coming through are laughable, I guess at the end of the day we had the vote, we lost and we should leave as soon as possible and then get on with things

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

its from both sides i keep getting adverts about how dangerous brexit is.tbh majority of people have chosen there sides and they not moving so whoever putting these adds out on both times is wasting there time.and before anyone jumps down my throat i didnt bother voting.havent done since the mid 90s

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

I spend a lot of time on YouTube and the amount of yellow vest stuff suggested to me is ridiculous. How does my taste for indie music and PS4 games equate to having that shit pushed on me.

I must say I've had nothing on Facebook regarding Brexit advertising / canvassing and if I did then FB would be getting uninstalled straight away

By *verysmileMan  over a year ago

CANTERBURY

I only access the net through the dark web. My Facebook location is Guadalcanal. I therefore do not receive all that crap as the bastards cannot track me. I am not a frequent user so I do not get Facebook withdrawal symptoms. The only point to remember if you do this is not to use Facebook on your mobile phone.

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

I have seen quite a lot of this. But the when I say this could lead to war I am told I am being melodramatic. Funny thing is when there has been similar nationalist propaganda prior to war in the past it has also been poo pooed by the majority while the swivel eyed nationalist loons have happily cheered as countries and continents have begun the process of tearing themselves apart.

But don't worry it can't happen here, We're British (for the moment).

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

Really war So who will we be going to war with then lol

moston

"Really war So who will we be going to war with then lol"

With ourselves and with at least some of the Irish which could well lead on to an economic war and even a hot war with the EU for starters.

And before you laugh again have you failed to notice that part of the brexit camp are calling the EU Nazis and claiming it is their fault that we are leaving the EU. That is exactly what the Nazis did in 30's Germany when they blamed the Jews/Pole's/Checks for the Nazis attacking them.

Don't you worry tho, we can laugh at anyone who points out what has happened in the past. Because it won't happen to us.

We're British!

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

You’ve been listening to that over-excited schoolboy Gavin Williamson again.

He’s come out with more jingoistic nonsense today about how Brexit is an opportunity for UK to build up its “lethality” on the world stage.

He’s basically shaking his stick at China, which seems a bit bizarre when its buying up our electricity grid and the only ones capable of building new nuclear plant in the UK.

I’m sure they are shaking after learning of his plan to convert two ro-ro ferries to warships. I kid you not.

By *verysmileMan  over a year ago

CANTERBURY

"You’ve been listening to that over-excited schoolboy Gavin Williamson again.

He’s come out with more jingoistic nonsense today about how Brexit is an opportunity for UK to build up its “lethality” on the world stage.

He’s basically shaking his stick at China, which seems a bit bizarre when its buying up our electricity grid and the only ones capable of building new nuclear plant in the UK.

I’m sure they are shaking after learning of his plan to convert two ro-ro ferries to warships. I kid you not."

Since the 19th century, commetcial shipping could be utilised for logistic support or hospital ships. At Dunkirk, many small boats were requisitioned. During the Falklands War, Brittania was a hospital ship and the Canberra took our troops south as did the QE2. The Atlantic Conveyor was requisitioned..... I can go on but please make sure your statements are in context to avoid the entire destruction of you thread.

Sorry to sound harsh.

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

"Really war So who will we be going to war with then lol

With ourselves and with at least some of the Irish which could well lead on to an economic war and even a hot war with the EU for starters.

And before you laugh again have you failed to notice that part of the brexit camp are calling the EU Nazis and claiming it is their fault that we are leaving the EU. That is exactly what the Nazis did in 30's Germany when they blamed the Jews/Pole's/Checks for the Nazis attacking them.

Don't you worry tho, we can laugh at anyone who points out what has happened in the past. Because it won't happen to us.

We're British!"

so name calling then war lol you couldn’t make this up

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The illegally placed ads have been for Brexit and it's been a plague on social media, particularly FB. An account I had was subject to inappropriate invasion according to the company - like so many others. It's not under control and is a key reason that the result should have been subject to formal investigation and government should not have initiated further work, until a formal inquiry was concluded, with an option to invalidate the result.

There are many people now getting desperate to ensure the UK quits, with£billions to be made from the UK carcass, as well as avoidance of EU scrutiny of their finances.

How they must have laughed at the ease of getting the poorer to support their aims and to shaft them.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Faqcebook should be closed down in my view

upton wirral

"I have seen quite a lot of this. But the when I say this could lead to war I am told I am being melodramatic. Funny thing is when there has been similar nationalist propaganda prior to war in the past it has also been poo pooed by the majority while the swivel eyed nationalist loons have happily cheered as countries and continents have begun the process of tearing themselves apart.

But don't worry it can't happen here, We're British (for the moment)."

We will be British after brexit that's for sure

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

It could be argued that if they didn’t tell what could happen with 50 days to go it would be a serious dereliction of duty

Let those who think every piece of information is project fear be damned, because they can’t use the excuse of “weren’t told” for ignorance...

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

"I have seen quite a lot of this. But the when I say this could lead to war I am told I am being melodramatic. Funny thing is when there has been similar nationalist propaganda prior to war in the past it has also been poo pooed by the majority while the swivel eyed nationalist loons have happily cheered as countries and continents have begun the process of tearing themselves apart.

But don't worry it can't happen here, We're British (for the moment).We will be British after brexit that's for sure"

We are British now. We are a sovereign state. The very fact we are sovereign is what has allowed us to get into this mess.

I know you are a hardline leaver and want all technology scrapped because you don’t like it.

-Matt

moston

"We will be British after brexit that's for sure"

Are you including NI and Scotland in that statement too? Or do you accept that it is highly likely that the UK will loose half its landmass when Scotland demands independence as a result of our forcing the Scott's out of the EU against their will and that the same will more than likely happen in NI?

Or do you believe that the authority of Westminster must me supreme and the Scott's and Northern Irish must be required to submit to English rule?

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"We will be British after brexit that's for sure

Are you including NI and Scotland in that statement too? Or do you accept that it is highly likely that the UK will loose half its landmass when Scotland demands independence as a result of our forcing the Scott's out of the EU against their will and that the same will more than likely happen in NI?

Or do you believe that the authority of Westminster must me supreme and the Scott's and Northern Irish must be required to submit to English rule?"

Yet more anti democratic shit from remainers. If Scotland or Northern Ireland vote for Independence then that will be their democratic decision that must be respected, just as the result of the EU referendum should be respected. We are a democratic country.

Considering the SNP took an almighty hammering at the last general election in 2017 though and Alex Salmond may now be sent down on multiple counts of sexual assault, then I can't see it happening.

Cannock

But don't worry it can't happen here, We're British (for the moment).We will be British after brexit that's for sure

We are British now. We are a sovereign state. The very fact we are sovereign is what has allowed us to get into this mess.

I know you are a hardline leaver and want all technology scrapped because you don’t like it.

-Matt"

The idea that leavers are against technology is rubbish. We're very much welcoming the new technology being developed by tech giant Fujitsu for the Irish border.

Bristol East

You do know that the first bullets fired during the Troubles were at customs posts on the border?

moston

"Yet more anti democratic shit from remainers. If Scotland or Northern Ireland vote for Independence then that will be their democratic decision that must be respected, just as the result of the EU referendum should be respected. We are a democratic country.

Considering the SNP took an almighty hammering at the last general election in 2017 though and Alex Salmond may now be sent down on multiple counts of sexual assault, then I can't see it happening. "

Really?

Firstly I pointed out a fact and asked a couple of questions, that you Centy find questions so threatening speaks volumes.

Secondly both Scotland and NI voted to remain in the EU by over 60% and both countries are being forced out of the EU by English nationalists and their English nationalist political leaders.

Thirdly, it is not that long ago since those self same English politicians were telling the Scott's that if they voted to leave the UK they were leaving the EU and would not be allowed back in as an independent nation. Therefore it is my belief that the SNP and the Scott's have a watertight case for demanding another referendum on independence because they are now being forced by England out of the EU against their will.

Finally, lets examine that 'hammering'...

Total Scottish seats 59

Seats won by SNP 35

I bet that sort of 'hammering' was the stuff of the Tories (or for that matter any other parties) wettest dreams.

North West

"

The idea that leavers are against technology is rubbish. We're very much welcoming the new technology being developed by tech giant Fujitsu for the Irish border. "

In that case the whole argument about the Irish backstop is a red herring because the technology means that it will never come into play.

Odd then that ardent Brexiters champion the cause of this new super technology and still demand the removal of the backstop. Technology should make the backstop an irrelevance.

By *rMrsWestMidsCouple  over a year ago

Dudley

"Yet more anti democratic shit from remainers. If Scotland or Northern Ireland vote for Independence then that will be their democratic decision that must be respected, just as the result of the EU referendum should be respected. We are a democratic country.

Considering the SNP took an almighty hammering at the last general election in 2017 though and Alex Salmond may now be sent down on multiple counts of sexual assault, then I can't see it happening.

Really?

Firstly I pointed out a fact and asked a couple of questions, that you Centy find questions so threatening speaks volumes.

Secondly both Scotland and NI voted to remain in the EU by over 60% and both countries are being forced out of the EU by English nationalists and their English nationalist political leaders.

Thirdly, it is not that long ago since those self same English politicians were telling the Scott's that if they voted to leave the UK they were leaving the EU and would not be allowed back in as an independent nation. Therefore it is my belief that the SNP and the Scott's have a watertight case for demanding another referendum on independence because they are now being forced by England out of the EU against their will.

Total Scottish seats 59

Seats won by SNP 35

I bet that sort of 'hammering' was the stuff of the Tories (or for that matter any other parties) wettest dreams."

Will don't forget your vote helped to force Scotland out of the Eu!!

Cannock

"You do know that the first bullets fired during the Troubles were at customs posts on the border?

"

We've always had customs posts at Dover/Calais I don't recall any shots being fired there. If you're referring to Ireland then neither the UK or the EU have said they will erect a hard border in Ireland after Brexit.

Cannock

Really?

Total Scottish seats 59

Seats won by SNP 35

I bet that sort of 'hammering' was the stuff of the Tories (or for that matter any other parties) wettest dreams.

Will don't forget your vote helped to force Scotland out of the Eu!!"

Plus Will seems to be ignoring the fact a majority voted Leave in Wales as well. We all know it wasn't a regional referendum though, it was a UK referendum and the UK as a whole voted Leave.

As for the 2017 general election the SNP lost over a third of their seats in Parliament. They lost 21 seats while the Tories claimed 13 seats which was the Tories best performance in Scotland since 1983. I'd call that a hammering for the SNP.

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

Though I have a few news feeds on facebook, I mostly skip over them and click the trash media on there.

By *wosmilersCouple  over a year ago

Heathrowish

"You do know that the first bullets fired during the Troubles were at customs posts on the border?

We've always had customs posts at Dover/Calais I don't recall any shots being fired there. If you're referring to Ireland then neither the UK or the EU have said they will erect a hard border in Ireland after Brexit. "

Centy...you do talk crap on some occasions but this is not one of them

Bristol East

"

We've always had customs posts at Dover/Calais I don't recall any shots being fired there. If you're referring to Ireland then neither the UK or the EU have said they will erect a hard border in Ireland after Brexit. "

Where is your technology sited?

Cannock

"

We've always had customs posts at Dover/Calais I don't recall any shots being fired there. If you're referring to Ireland then neither the UK or the EU have said they will erect a hard border in Ireland after Brexit.

"

Up in Space. Are you not aware that GPS systems work from satellites.

Heathrowish

"

Up in Space. Are you not aware that GPS systems work from satellites."

Apart from GPS, the upgraded CHIEF system will capture a reasonable proportion of goods movements, assuming we don't lose all ability to power computers and the internet after 29th March.

I have read the words of the conspiracists and now have my doubts whether our power systems will have enough juice to power the technology.

Everything will crash as David Icke's reptilians will be in charge.

Barbados

But don't worry it can't happen here, We're British (for the moment).We will be British after brexit that's for sure

-Matt

The idea that leavers are against technology is rubbish. We're very much welcoming the new technology being developed by tech giant Fujitsu for the Irish border. "

I never said leavers are against technology, did I?

-Matt

Cannock

"

Apart from GPS, the upgraded CHIEF system will capture a reasonable proportion of goods movements, assuming we don't lose all ability to power computers and the internet after 29th March.

I have read the words of the conspiracists and now have my doubts whether our power systems will have enough juice to power the technology.

"

Maybe it'll be the plagues of locusts, clogging up wind turbines and eating through the power cables after March 29th?

Heathrowish

"

Maybe it'll be the plagues of locusts, clogging up wind turbines and eating through the power cables after March 29th? "

OMG....I won't be able to sleep now.

Bristol East

So your scheme relies on traders registering with some website, having an app on their phone and making honest declarations about what they are moving across the border?

That's a heck of a lot of trust. Especially when it comes to animal products.

A smuggler's dream, which isn't lost on the EU.

"We looked at every border on this Earth, every border the EU has with a third country - there's simply no way you can do away with checks and controls," said the EU's deputy chief negotiator, Sabine Weyand.

Barbados

"So your scheme relies on traders registering with some website, having an app on their phone and making honest declarations about what they are moving across the border?

"We looked at every border on this Earth, every border the EU has with a third country - there's simply no way you can do away with checks and controls," said the EU's deputy chief negotiator, Sabine Weyand.

"

Taking back contr..... oh.

-Matt

upton wirral

"We will be British after brexit that's for sure

Or do you believe that the authority of Westminster must me supreme and the Scott's and Northern Irish must be required to submit to English rule?"

If the United Kingdom did split it would happen over a number of years,so the day we leave we will all be British.

Cannock

"So your scheme relies on traders registering with some website, having an app on their phone and making honest declarations about what they are moving across the border?

"

Here is a quote from your EU hero Michel Barnier talking about the Irish border......

"So we'll find an operational way of carrying out checks and controls without putting back in place a border." Michel Barnier, 25th January 2019

Michel Barnier is Sabine Weyand's superior.

We've always had customs posts at Dover/Calais I don't recall any shots being fired there.

"

Really!!!

Comparing Dover to Northern Ireland!

Ooookayyyyy....

By *ross-eyed MaryMan  over a year ago

Salisbury

We've always had customs posts at Dover/Calais I don't recall any shots being fired there.

Really!!!

Comparing Dover to Northern Ireland!

Ooookayyyyy.... "

The people of Kent may be many things, but they're not holding the country to ransom!

North West

Unless there is some really clever trolling going and it is going way over my head, some of the comments on these threads are so alarming in their ignorance it is truly frightening.

I read an article yesterday about how the rest of Europe was looking in at Britain and finally questioning the long held views that the U.K. was the very home of pragmatism, intelligent debate and creative compromise. Now we appear to be a nation bereft of the ability to separate tribalism from reasoned discussion and a place where anything goes as long as it progresses the ideological drive towards fanaticism.

When this fabulous technological breakthrough comes about then you can be sure that either the russians, chinese or usa will be spending huge amounts of time and energy to destabilise the system. I mean lets face facts, the russians are wotking on separating their internet from the www and huawei are happily loading their 6g technology with spying apps and being thrown out of telecommunications systems as a result. If you think that the white heat of technology is going to save our asses you are even further up your drainpipe than ever. Silly person!

moston

"Unless there is some really clever trolling going and it is going way over my head, some of the comments on these threads are so alarming in their ignorance it is truly frightening.

I read an article yesterday about how the rest of Europe was looking in at Britain and finally questioning the long held views that the U.K. was the very home of pragmatism, intelligent debate and creative compromise. Now we appear to be a nation bereft of the ability to separate tribalism from reasoned discussion and a place where anything goes as long as it progresses the ideological drive towards fanaticism."

The UK exists in name only. Fact is Thatcher broke the union at the same time she broke society. In fact she was proud of and boasted about how after her there was no such thing as society. Its just taken the last 25/30 years for the import of her proclamation to surface.

upton wirral

"Unless there is some really clever trolling going and it is going way over my head, some of the comments on these threads are so alarming in their ignorance it is truly frightening.

I read an article yesterday about how the rest of Europe was looking in at Britain and finally questioning the long held views that the U.K. was the very home of pragmatism, intelligent debate and creative compromise. Now we appear to be a nation bereft of the ability to separate tribalism from reasoned discussion and a place where anything goes as long as it progresses the ideological drive towards fanaticism.

The UK exists in name only. Fact is Thatcher broke the union at the same time she broke society. In fact she was proud of and boasted about how after her there was no such thing as society. Its just taken the last 25/30 years for the import of her proclamation to surface."

There is allways society surely it just changes,never sure what she meant still do not today

Deleted my Face Book account. Not impressed my details can be sold to highest bidder

"Deleted my Face Book account. Not impressed my details can be sold to highest bidder"

Doesn’t GDPR stop this, unless we’ve agreed to “be sold”?

» Add a new message to this topic