FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > EU-US trade talks

EU-US trade talks

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ostafun OP   Man  over a year ago

near ipswich

France dont want to talk about agriculture and Germany want a quick deal for their car industry,looking forward to seeing how this pans out.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"France dont want to talk about agriculture and Germany want a quick deal for their car industry,looking forward to seeing how this pans out."

Well they've been squabbling about it for 10 years or more now haven't they? I wouldn't expect anything significant to develop anytime soon.

near ipswich

"France dont want to talk about agriculture and Germany want a quick deal for their car industry,looking forward to seeing how this pans out.

Well they've been squabbling about it for 10 years or more now haven't they? I wouldn't expect anything significant to develop anytime soon."

Yep but their truce is nearly over time is running out.

By *wosmilersCouple  over a year ago

Heathrowish

This will run and run.....

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"France dont want to talk about agriculture and Germany want a quick deal for their car industry,looking forward to seeing how this pans out."

I have to question your source as Agriculture is not included in these talks (well according to Reuters)

"Rather than negotiating a comprehensive trade deal that could take a very long time, the EU is keen to reach a quicker agreement with the United States on trade in industrial goods alone, excluding agriculture that tends to be more controversial. "

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

I’d be wary of mocking any trade negotiations.

The EU/UK trade talks due to begin 2019 will be 100 times more difficult and protracted than the withdrawl agreement.

UK politicians are in meltdown over the withdrawl agreement, which does not inspire much confidence in their ability to handle what is next on the agenda.

near ipswich

No france dont want agriculture in the talks but i think you will find the usa does,the germans want to get a deal done as it impacts dramatically on their car sales and the truce they had is now coming to an end so big tariffs could be imposed by the usa.

near ipswich

"I’d be wary of mocking any trade negotiations.

The EU/UK trade talks due to begin 2019 will be 100 times more difficult and protracted than the withdrawl agreement.

UK politicians are in meltdown over the withdrawl agreement, which does not inspire much confidence in their ability to handle what is next on the agenda."

Im not mocking anything why is it that when anyone points out any difficulties within the EU its mocking or taken that the poster wants them to fail? all i am doing is pointing out a fact and looking for peoples views thats how discussions are started.As for the uk personally i think its much easier for one nation to come to an agreement with another rather than having 27 countries all wanting something different out of a deal.

"No france dont want agriculture in the talks but i think you will find the usa does,the germans want to get a deal done as it impacts dramatically on their car sales and the truce they had is now coming to an end so big tariffs could be imposed by the usa. "

Ok, Where is your source?

near ipswich

"No france dont want agriculture in the talks but i think you will find the usa does,the germans want to get a deal done as it impacts dramatically on their car sales and the truce they had is now coming to an end so big tariffs could be imposed by the usa.

Ok, Where is your source? "

I was watching it on bloomberg news this morning.

[Removed by poster at 06/03/19 10:58:47]

UK politicians are in meltdown over the withdrawl agreement, which does not inspire much confidence in their ability to handle what is next on the agenda.Im not mocking anything why is it that when anyone points out any difficulties within the EU its mocking or taken that the poster wants them to fail? all i am doing is pointing out a fact and looking for peoples views thats how discussions are started.As for the uk personally i think its much easier for one nation to come to an agreement with another rather than having 27 countries all wanting something different out of a deal."

You'd be surprised I think, especially if you are an advocate of leaving on WTO terms in a no deal scenario?

Also the EU obviously has much greater leverage than we do on our own.

We are much more likely to accept bad concessions or get a worse deal, it kind of reminds me of what Rupert Murdoch said when he was asked why he was anti- EU:

"I once asked Rupert Murdoch why he was so opposed to the European Union. 'That’s easy,' he replied. 'When I go into Downing Street they do what I say; when I go to Brussels they take no notice."

"No france dont want agriculture in the talks but i think you will find the usa does,the germans want to get a deal done as it impacts dramatically on their car sales and the truce they had is now coming to an end so big tariffs could be imposed by the usa.

Ok, Where is your source? I was watching it on bloomberg news this morning."

Was it an English woman talking to a American woman? about 4 hrs ago?

UK politicians are in meltdown over the withdrawl agreement, which does not inspire much confidence in their ability to handle what is next on the agenda.Im not mocking anything why is it that when anyone points out any difficulties within the EU its mocking or taken that the poster wants them to fail? all i am doing is pointing out a fact and looking for peoples views thats how discussions are started.As for the uk personally i think its much easier for one nation to come to an agreement with another rather than having 27 countries all wanting something different out of a deal."

And so we are joining WTO with 164 members! Right explain that one, we will be 1/164 as opposed to 1/28?

near ipswich

UK politicians are in meltdown over the withdrawl agreement, which does not inspire much confidence in their ability to handle what is next on the agenda.Im not mocking anything why is it that when anyone points out any difficulties within the EU its mocking or taken that the poster wants them to fail? all i am doing is pointing out a fact and looking for peoples views thats how discussions are started.As for the uk personally i think its much easier for one nation to come to an agreement with another rather than having 27 countries all wanting something different out of a deal.

And so we are joining WTO with 164 members! Right explain that one, we will be 1/164 as opposed to 1/28?"

I think you choose to ignore the fact that we will be able to agree our own deals.

[Removed by poster at 06/03/19 11:24:29]

UK politicians are in meltdown over the withdrawl agreement, which does not inspire much confidence in their ability to handle what is next on the agenda.Im not mocking anything why is it that when anyone points out any difficulties within the EU its mocking or taken that the poster wants them to fail? all i am doing is pointing out a fact and looking for peoples views thats how discussions are started.As for the uk personally i think its much easier for one nation to come to an agreement with another rather than having 27 countries all wanting something different out of a deal.

And so we are joining WTO with 164 members! Right explain that one, we will be 1/164 as opposed to 1/28?I think you choose to ignore the fact that we will be able to agree our own deals. "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKi4ccjwiYY

Good Video for you mate. That Bloomberg video also said Nothing about France if it's the one I watched.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"France dont want to talk about agriculture "

erm..... you DO know that the UK doesn't want to talk about agriculture in their UK-US trade talks as well don't you???

you know that thing we have talked about in various farming threads about Chlorinated chicken ... and steroid injected been... and pork being given antibiotics......and how the EU doesn't allow those types of products into the food chain....

yeah..... that!!!!!

funny enough the french feel the same way as a lot of brits do (might you if you want to eat HGH injected beef... have at it!)

the interesting thing will be to see if the UK cave into the US demands... and the EU doesn't......

near ipswich

And so we are joining WTO with 164 members! Right explain that one, we will be 1/164 as opposed to 1/28?I think you choose to ignore the fact that we will be able to agree our own deals.

Good Video for you mate. That Bloomberg video also said Nothing about France if it's the one I watched."

I wasnt watching it on youtube i was watching it on tv live this morning.Look mate if you dont believe me just call me a liar im ok with that i have no hidden agenda to do so and if you get all your news from youtube well that explains it all.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Germany want a quick deal for their car industry,looking forward to seeing how this pans out."

there are reason why you don't see many american built cars here... and european built trucks there...

american built cars are tariffed by the EU at 10%....

european built trucks are tariffed by the US at 25%.....

besides.... german car companies at the lower end of the mark have american assembly plants for the lower range cars... its only the real high end stuff that has to be shipped from europe anyway....

And so we are joining WTO with 164 members! Right explain that one, we will be 1/164 as opposed to 1/28?I think you choose to ignore the fact that we will be able to agree our own deals.

Good Video for you mate. That Bloomberg video also said Nothing about France if it's the one I watched.I wasnt watching it on youtube i was watching it on tv live this morning.Look mate if you dont believe me just call me a liar im ok with that i have no hidden agenda to do so and if you get all your news from youtube well that explains it all."

That wasn't the Bloomberg video (I viewed that on the Bloomberg site), which tells me you didn't watch the vid I posted which was of Roberto Azevêdo, director general of the World Trade Organization explaining UK negotiations after Brexit.

But thanks for implying I'm ignorant.

near ipswich

Good Video for you mate. That Bloomberg video also said Nothing about France if it's the one I watched.I wasnt watching it on youtube i was watching it on tv live this morning.Look mate if you dont believe me just call me a liar im ok with that i have no hidden agenda to do so and if you get all your news from youtube well that explains it all.

That wasn't the Bloomberg video (I viewed that on the Bloomberg site), which tells me you didn't watch the vid I posted which was of Roberto Azevêdo, director general of the World Trade Organization explaining UK negotiations after Brexit.

But thanks for implying I'm ignorant. "

no i didnt watch the vid i dont watch any polical vids on you tube because the posters have an agenda i prefer to watch news programmes which is why i switch from bbc itv france 24 bloomberg and even sky to try to get a balanced view.

Good Video for you mate. That Bloomberg video also said Nothing about France if it's the one I watched.I wasnt watching it on youtube i was watching it on tv live this morning.Look mate if you dont believe me just call me a liar im ok with that i have no hidden agenda to do so and if you get all your news from youtube well that explains it all.

But thanks for implying I'm ignorant. no i didnt watch the vid i dont watch any polical vids on you tube because the posters have an agenda i prefer to watch news programmes which is why i switch from bbc itv france 24 bloomberg and even sky to try to get a balanced view."

It was from the Wall Street Journal YouTube page, so I guess you can watch it.

near ipswich

But thanks for implying I'm ignorant. no i didnt watch the vid i dont watch any polical vids on you tube because the posters have an agenda i prefer to watch news programmes which is why i switch from bbc itv france 24 bloomberg and even sky to try to get a balanced view.

"

i am confused about what you are disagreeing about the fact that i watched the program or that france dont want agriculture included in the deal.

But thanks for implying I'm ignorant. no i didnt watch the vid i dont watch any polical vids on you tube because the posters have an agenda i prefer to watch news programmes which is why i switch from bbc itv france 24 bloomberg and even sky to try to get a balanced view.

i am confused about what you are disagreeing about the fact that i watched the program or that france dont want agriculture included in the deal."

OK, you said that you only got news from news sources for balance, I pointed out the YouTube channel the post came from was the Washington Steet Journal so you can probably watch it and not compromise your undoubted 'balance.'

As for me questioning your op, Yes I think you have misrepresented the news item. The agriculture part of it was pure conjecture on the Bloomberg video I watched. The talks are about industrial goods.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

i am confused about what you are disagreeing about the fact that i watched the program or that france dont want agriculture included in the deal."

again.... the UK don't want to include agriculture in any trade deal with the US for exactly the same reason as the french don't want to (and the EU in general)..... as i tried to explain above and you chose to ignore!

so.... lets ask you the question that you and centy never fail to not answer

are you prepare to lower food safety and animal welfare standards if it means not getting your trade deal?

near ipswich

i am confused about what you are disagreeing about the fact that i watched the program or that france dont want agriculture included in the deal.

OK, you said that you only got news from news sources for balance, I pointed out the YouTube channel the post came from was the Washington Steet Journal so you can probably watch it and not compromise your undoubted 'balance.'

As for me questioning your op, Yes I think you have misrepresented the news item. The agriculture part of it was pure conjecture on the Bloomberg video I watched. The talks are about industrial goods. "

The usa say that agriculture was always going to be in the deal the eu say that it was not,suggest you read the wall street journal this morning it will explain it all.

As for me questioning your op, Yes I think you have misrepresented the news item. The agriculture part of it was pure conjecture on the Bloomberg video I watched. The talks are about industrial goods. The usa say that agriculture was always going to be in the deal the eu say that it was not,suggest you read the wall street journal this morning it will explain it all."

Have you got a link?

near ipswich

"

again.... the UK don't want to include agriculture in any trade deal with the US for exactly the same reason as the french don't want to (and the EU in general)..... as i tried to explain above and you chose to ignore!

are you prepare to lower food safety and animal welfare standards if it means not getting your trade deal?

"

I would not think anyone would want a lowering of food standards that is for the negotiators to thrash out but they cant do that until we leave.As for you post on the cars trump is now threatening to impose tariffs on car parts to the usa so will affect the european manufacturers in the usa,dont think hes thought that out properly because it will affect a lot of usa workers but probably wont bother him if he seems to have won.

near ipswich

As for me questioning your op, Yes I think you have misrepresented the news item. The agriculture part of it was pure conjecture on the Bloomberg video I watched. The talks are about industrial goods. The usa say that agriculture was always going to be in the deal the eu say that it was not,suggest you read the wall street journal this morning it will explain it all.

Have you got a link?"

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/06/us/politics/trade-deal-europe-usa.html

"

I would not think anyone would want a lowering of food standards that is for the negotiators to thrash out but they cant do that until we leave.As for you post on the cars trump is now threatening to impose tariffs on car parts to the usa so will affect the european manufacturers in the usa,dont think hes thought that out properly because it will affect a lot of usa workers but probably wont bother him if he seems to have won."

You see the USA does want us to lower standards they have already outlined this earlier this year in the Sanitary and Phytosanitary Measures (SPS) section of the United States-United Kingdom NegotiationsSummary of Specific Negotiating Objectives.

As for me questioning your op, Yes I think you have misrepresented the news item. The agriculture part of it was pure conjecture on the Bloomberg video I watched. The talks are about industrial goods. The usa say that agriculture was always going to be in the deal the eu say that it was not,suggest you read the wall street journal this morning it will explain it all.

Have you got a link?https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/06/us/politics/trade-deal-europe-usa.html"

You know Washington and New York are different cities and these two are different papers?

near ipswich

Have you got a link?https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/06/us/politics/trade-deal-europe-usa.html

You know Washington and New York are different cities and these two are different papers?"

your point is?

Have you got a link?https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/06/us/politics/trade-deal-europe-usa.html

You know Washington and New York are different cities and these two are different papers?"

So it's US Conjecture like I said the meeting is regarding industrial goods. Maybe you should of said in your op THE USA want to talk about agriculture????

near ipswich

This is my op and i stick by it barnier cant talk about agriculture because france dont want him to but germany want a deal because of cars ,nothing hard to understand there or untrue as far as i see it.So what part dont you agree with?

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

I would not think anyone would want a lowering of food standards that is for the negotiators to thrash out but they cant do that until we leave. (cut out the rest as it is not related to this discussion)"

that costa... is the position the french are taking!!!

the waffle about the UK not being able to do anything at it at this point in time isn't relevant because on this subject the french position and the UK position are exactly the same!!!!!

so.... what point on agriculture are you really trying to make????? you picked a subject to argue on where you didn't know the relevant starting positions...........

"France dont want to talk about agriculture and Germany want a quick deal for their car industry,looking forward to seeing how this pans out.This is my op and i stick by it barnier cant talk about agriculture because france dont want him to but germany want a deal because of cars ,nothing hard to understand there or untrue as far as i see it.So what part dont you agree with?"

That Agriculture should be part of the dialog in an industrial talk. The US have raised this. You make it sound like a French demand in the OP.

near ipswich

"

I would not think anyone would want a lowering of food standards that is for the negotiators to thrash out but they cant do that until we leave. (cut out the rest as it is not related to this discussion)

that costa... is the position the french are taking!!!

the waffle about the UK not being able to do anything at it at this point in time isn't relevant because on this subject the french position and the UK position are exactly the same!!!!!

so.... what point on agriculture are you really trying to make????? you picked a subject to argue on where you didn't know the relevant starting positions..........."

I knew very well how the french stood that is exactly why i said in my op they dont want to talk about it (fuck its not that hard to understand) but the germans are desperate to get a deal with the usa.So totally inaccurate to say i picked a subject to argue about when i didnt know the starting points.Also i was not looking to argue the point i said i was looking forward to how it was going to pan out.Sometimes _abio i think you should actually read what people write instead of seeing whos posted it and just assume its going to be anti eu.

Newcastle and Gateshead

so then... you didn't present the entire situation and you put out what you did to serve a specific narrative which makes you extremely disengenious at best, and being extremely misleading at worst.....

the point is there is no difference in the UK's position on agriculture in any potential trade deal with the US, and the french position of agriculture in any potential trade deal with the US

so BOTH will have exactly the same issue to deal with..... BOTH!!!!

so your answer about the UK not being about to do something about it at the moment because they are "tied" is again misleading because as of march 29th, the UK wont be, and the UK will then be in the same position as the french

so if you are going to have a reasonable discussion at least show all the facts rather than cherry pick.....

so again..... let go back to question you "fobbed" your way around....

are YOU prepared to forsake food safety and animal welfare standards if it gets in the way of your UK-US trade deal?

"

the point is there is no difference in the UK's position on agriculture in any potential trade deal with the US, and the french position of agriculture in any potential trade deal with the US

"

There is a difference though, France have the full weight of the EU behind them, and are in a much more powerful position to negotiate.

The UK will be standing alone and much more susceptible to any tough tactics the Americans will use.

near ipswich

"so then... you didn't present the entire situation and you put out what you did to serve a specific narrative which makes you extremely disengenious at best, and being extremely misleading at worst.....

so your answer about the UK not being about to do something about it at the moment because they are "tied" is again misleading because as of march 29th, the UK wont be, and the UK will then be in the same position as the french

so if you are going to have a reasonable discussion at least show all the facts rather than cherry pick.....

are YOU prepared to forsake food safety and animal welfare standards if it gets in the way of your UK-US trade deal?

"

Exactly from the 29th until then we are tied glad you got that bit.As you have pointed out we are a small economy compared to the eu on many occasions maybe agriculture wont be so important to the usa so food standards wont be a problem .We will not know until we are free and can hold talks.As for facts there are non until we start talking and cant see what i cherry picked(good old eu term

"

There is a difference though, France have the full weight of the EU behind them, and are in a much more powerful position to negotiate.

The UK will be standing alone and much more susceptible to any tough tactics the Americans will use. "

Yep it a massive difference that brings us back to the quote: "I once asked Rupert Murdoch why he was so opposed to the European Union. 'That’s easy,' he replied. 'When I go into Downing Street they do what I say; when I go to Brussels they take no notice.

"so then... you didn't present the entire situation and you put out what you did to serve a specific narrative which makes you extremely disengenious at best, and being extremely misleading at worst.....

Exactly from the 29th until then we are tied glad you got that bit.As you have pointed out we are a small economy compared to the eu on many occasions maybe agriculture wont be so important to the usa so food standards wont be a problem .We will not know until we are free and can hold talks.As for facts there are non until we start talking and cant see what i cherry picked(good old eu term "

If it's not so important to them why is it right at the start of the United States-United Kingdom Negotiations Summary of Specific Negotiating Objectives?

Seem's odd.

near ipswich

"

The UK will be standing alone and much more susceptible to any tough tactics the Americans will use.

Yep it a massive difference that brings us back to the quote: "I once asked Rupert Murdoch why he was so opposed to the European Union. 'That’s easy,' he replied. 'When I go into Downing Street they do what I say; when I go to Brussels they take no notice."

Seems you hold a lot of store in what murdoch says are you a trump supporter too?

"

Yep it a massive difference that brings us back to the quote: "I once asked Rupert Murdoch why he was so opposed to the European Union. 'That’s easy,' he replied. 'When I go into Downing Street they do what I say; when I go to Brussels they take no notice.Seems you hold a lot of store in what murdoch says are you a trump supporter too?"

Seem's you don't understand that quote.

Exactly from the 29th until then we are tied glad you got that bit.As you have pointed out we are a small economy compared to the eu on many occasions maybe agriculture wont be so important to the usa so food standards wont be a problem .We will not know until we are free and can hold talks.As for facts there are non until we start talking and cant see what i cherry picked(good old eu term "

This is it, we don’t know for sure what will happen. We know it might be a lot worse, we know it won’t be better, the best hope is that it’s as good as the EUs deal.

Which is a good example of the current Brexit in general.

near ipswich

"

Yep it a massive difference that brings us back to the quote: "I once asked Rupert Murdoch why he was so opposed to the European Union. 'That’s easy,' he replied. 'When I go into Downing Street they do what I say; when I go to Brussels they take no notice.Seems you hold a lot of store in what murdoch says are you a trump supporter too?

Seem's you don't understand that quote."

seems i know who you are quoting so take it with a pinch of salt not someone i would trust but heyho we all know fox news is truthful.

"

Yep it a massive difference that brings us back to the quote: "I once asked Rupert Murdoch why he was so opposed to the European Union. 'That’s easy,' he replied. 'When I go into Downing Street they do what I say; when I go to Brussels they take no notice.Seems you hold a lot of store in what murdoch says are you a trump supporter too?

Seem's you don't understand that quote.seems i know who you are quoting so take it with a pinch of salt not someone i would trust but heyho we all know fox news is truthful. "

Do you?

near ipswich

"

Seem's you don't understand that quote.seems i know who you are quoting so take it with a pinch of salt not someone i would trust but heyho we all know fox news is truthful.

Do you? "

?

"

Seem's you don't understand that quote.seems i know who you are quoting so take it with a pinch of salt not someone i would trust but heyho we all know fox news is truthful.

Do you? ?"

go on then:

By *laytimenowMan  over a year ago

Essex

"No france dont want agriculture in the talks but i think you will find the usa does,the germans want to get a deal done as it impacts dramatically on their car sales and the truce they had is now coming to an end so big tariffs could be imposed by the usa. "

From the Financial Times as dated

July 1, 2018 5:14 pm by Jim Brunsden in Brussels

Donald Trump’s threat to hit car imports with punitive tariffs risks sparking global retaliation against as much as $300bn of US products, Brussels has warned.

The warning is the first time that the European Commission, in a written submission to the US Department of Commerce seen by the Financial Times, has set out a detailed response to Mr Trump’s threat to slam punitive tariffs on imported vehicles, with EU capitals increasingly convinced that the unpredictable US president will act soon.

near ipswich

as i said to start with it will be interesting to see how it all ends.

"as i said to start with it will be interesting to see how it all ends."

I suspect the EU will get a much better deal that we would, but let hope we never find that out

Cannock

The EU are probably in a hurry to get this Deal done with USA before the UK leaves the EU. Not much hope before March 29th though.

As the UK leaving is equivalent to 19 of the other member states leaving all at once. When the UK has left the EU the bargaining power of the EU in trade talks will be substantially reduced. I think once the UK leaves the EU it gives the USA the upper hand in trade talks as the USA will be the bigger side.

"The EU are probably in a hurry to get this Deal done with USA before the UK leaves the EU. Not much hope before March 29th though.

As the UK leaving is equivalent to 19 of the other member states leaving all at once. When the UK has left the EU the bargaining power of the EU in trade talks will be substantially reduced. I think once the UK leaves the EU it gives the USA the upper hand in trade talks as the USA will be the bigger side. "

I think they'll already have taken that into account, if not I'm not sure they should be negotiating.

But thanks for commenting.

Bristol East

"The EU are probably in a hurry to get this Deal done with USA before the UK leaves the EU. Not much hope before March 29th though.

As the UK leaving is equivalent to 19 of the other member states leaving all at once. When the UK has left the EU the bargaining power of the EU in trade talks will be substantially reduced. I think once the UK leaves the EU it gives the USA the upper hand in trade talks as the USA will be the bigger side. "

Good to see you accept the premise at long last that the smaller your economic leverage, the weaker your hand in trade negotiations.

Cannock

As the UK leaving is equivalent to 19 of the other member states leaving all at once. When the UK has left the EU the bargaining power of the EU in trade talks will be substantially reduced. I think once the UK leaves the EU it gives the USA the upper hand in trade talks as the USA will be the bigger side.

Good to see you accept the premise at long last that the smaller your economic leverage, the weaker your hand in trade negotiations.

"

No just funny to use remoaners own logic against them.

No just funny to use remoaners own logic against them. "

Doesn't really work though does it.

Cannock

Doesn't really work though does it."

So you think the EU will be bigger than the usa after the UK has left the EU?

So you think the EU will be bigger than the usa after the UK has left the EU? "

No, but we are even smaller than the EU...by a lot and I can't see them not taking advantage of this.

Bit like someone laughing at a pedestrian getting hit buy a bike then getting hit by a lorry.

I just can't wait till this bloody parts over with & get on with the renegotiation of trade.

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

So you think the EU will be bigger than the usa after the UK has left the EU? "

The EU population without the UK will be about 446,000,000

The US population is about 325,000,000

"

The EU 27 has a lot more customers than the USA yes while being around 3 Trillion GDP less.

Just to summarise, you used “remoaners” logic to demonstrate that the EU is weaker without the uk. Something that no one on the planet is denying. But refuse to acknowledge that the Uk is a smaller market without the EU.

Then, when challenged about how this also makes the UKs position weaker, tried to make a smart comment, used an insult (a good sign than you are unable to win the argument by other means), and then congratulationed yourself with a smiley.

This is pretty weak stuff even for you. I think you’d be better of sticking to the “Tommy Robinson is great” threads.

"

near ipswich

"I just can't wait till this bloody parts over with & get on with the renegotiation of trade. "
Im with you there mate.

Cannock

"

Yes the EU will have a bigger population than the USA after the UK leaves but the USA will have the bigger GDP.

Yes the EU will have a bigger population than the USA after the UK leaves but the USA will have the bigger GDP. "

The differential is even greater between the US and the UK.

Bristol East

"

The logic has been clear from day one to anyone with half a brain.

That's why both Putin and Trump want to see Europe splinter - it strengthens their hand at the expense of ours.

Both the UK and the EU are in weaker positions as a result.

near ipswich

"

That's why both Putin and Trump want to see Europe splinter - it strengthens their hand at the expense of ours.

"

so leavers only have half a brain now? im surprised our country does so well.

Bristol East

"

so leavers only have half a brain now? im surprised our country does so well. "

I've said countless times that people who voted to leave did so for 101 different reasons. International trade probably for very few.

But if the cap fits . . .

"

Seem's you don't understand that quote.seems i know who you are quoting so take it with a pinch of salt not someone i would trust but heyho we all know fox news is truthful. "

So you don’t trust Fox News but you’re quite happy to watch Sky news to attain your information?

You don’t trust Murdoch but you want the UK to leave the EU just as he does?

» Add a new message to this topic