FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Philip Hammond

Philip Hammond

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oo hot OP   Couple  over a year ago

North West

Has just come out with the most astonishing line EVER on Brexit. I am absolutely lost for words that he sees getting Parliamentary consensus as "uncharted waters,"

Surely the most sensible and logical thing would have been to get consensus BEFORE triggering A50 instead of forging ahead like the bunch of rank amateurs that they are?

"Those of my colleagues who feel very strongly against that proposal need to think very, very hard about the implications of voting against the prime minister’s deal next Tuesday, because we will then be in unknown territory where a consensus will have to be forged across the House of Commons, and that will inevitably mean compromises being made."

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Has just come out with the most astonishing line EVER on Brexit. I am absolutely lost for words that he sees getting Parliamentary consensus as "uncharted waters,"

Surely the most sensible and logical thing would have been to get consensus BEFORE triggering A50 instead of forging ahead like the bunch of rank amateurs that they are?

"Those of my colleagues who feel very strongly against that proposal need to think very, very hard about the implications of voting against the prime minister’s deal next Tuesday, because we will then be in unknown territory where a consensus will have to be forged across the House of Commons, and that will inevitably mean compromises being made.""

Unfortunately many ministers are pricks.

"Has just come out with the most astonishing line EVER on Brexit. I am absolutely lost for words that he sees getting Parliamentary consensus as "uncharted waters,"

"Those of my colleagues who feel very strongly against that proposal need to think very, very hard about the implications of voting against the prime minister’s deal next Tuesday, because we will then be in unknown territory where a consensus will have to be forged across the House of Commons, and that will inevitably mean compromises being made."

Unfortunately many ministers are pricks. "

Maybe he is trying to cover up the fact that he has told police to use existing money to fight knife crime .

Like thats been working well Phil!!

He should stick to crashing cars on top gear if you ask me

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

He's confirming what everyone knows - the Government is in office, but not in power.

In a system designed to be adversarial, the civil war in the Conservative Party means the government needs allies in other parties.

Cross-party consensus is anathema to the Conservative Party, so for them, yes, it is uncharted waters.

And, no, I do not feel sorry for them in the slightest. I just someone would come along and put them out their misery.

The governance of the United Kingdom is a shambles.

By *ab_SparklesWoman  over a year ago

sparkle Surprised

When ever i see his smug face i was i had one of those kids spud guns

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

nothing surpises me what any of them say.for supposedly educated people none of thhem have a fucing clue what there doing and that is all partys.they have been found out

Every democracy has its party or parties that serve the interests of the ‘elite’ at the expense of its society. In Britain it’s the Tories.

They’re not incompetent if you view it from this perspective.

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

His pronouncement on how the police and local authorities should deal with knife crime was quite illuminating too.

» Add a new message to this topic