FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Terrorist Attack in NZ

Terrorist Attack in NZ

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *sianManc OP   Man  over a year ago

Manchester

Sympathy prayers and thoughts go out to all in that attack.

What can the world do when it seems to be getting more out of control every day?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *onny MCMan  over a year ago

Crawley

Sadly, it was only a matter of time before a mosque was targeted on this scale and the thought of the next wave of copycat incidents and retaliation is very worrying.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

"

What can the world do when it seems to be getting more out of control every day?"

Stand up to hate and prejudice. Call it out whenever you see it.

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

"

Stand up to hate and prejudice. Call it out whenever you see it."

Bristol East

Inspired by Trump, it appears.

"A symbol of renewed white identity and common purpose."

From the terrorist manifesto.

A US president who inspires white supremacists around the world.

That really is shocking.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"

Stand up to hate and prejudice. Call it out whenever you see it.

"

This..

By *ittleAcornMan  over a year ago

"Inspired by Trump, it appears.

That really is shocking.

"

Unfortunately he is not alone (though more blatant). Our own politicians have been encouraging these trains of thought.

Even the seemingly innocuous "letter-box" comments. It allbuols to a picture of tacit encouragement to hate and revile the other.

You can find plenty of it in these forums. Hopefully the usual suspects will have the good grace to keep those comments away from this thread.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The world will never not suffer from the hands of like minded egotistical collectives..........

Where it gets scary is when we vote one of these individuals into a position of leadership. They can blatantly feed the ego on mass proportions.

Where we preach and debate misconstrued interpretations of religious and political writings, egos will grow.

Egos are developed early in the informative years. Remember the saying “Children are your future” ?

It all starts there........

That really is shocking.

Unfortunately he is not alone (though more blatant). Our own politicians have been encouraging these trains of thought.

Even the seemingly innocuous "letter-box" comments. It allbuols to a picture of tacit encouragement to hate and revile the other.

You can find plenty of it in these forums. Hopefully the usual suspects will have the good grace to keep those comments away from this thread."

Those who couldn't care less or welcome such actions against Muslimsome don't post. The thread in the lounge is conspicuously absent of those who consistently complain about the Islam and migration.

Says all you need to know about hate in this country.

Bristol East

"

You can find plenty of it in these forums. Hopefully the usual suspects will have the good grace to keep those comments away from this thread."

The thing I find quite disturbing is the number of people who do not equate this to terrorism, that somehow christian extremists killing muslims to promote their own way of life is somehow different from muslim extremists killing all sorts to promote their own way of life.

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

That really is shocking.

You can find plenty of it in these forums. Hopefully the usual suspects will have the good grace to keep those comments away from this thread.

Those who couldn't care less or welcome such actions against Muslimsome don't post. The thread in the lounge is conspicuously absent of those who consistently complain about the Islam and migration.

Says all you need to know about hate in this country. "

who are they bob you should name them ? I dint think there is many on here who couldn’t care less or welocome this disgusting act of terrorism

That really is shocking.

Says all you need to know about hate in this country. who are they bob you should name them ? I dint think there is many on here who couldn’t care less or welocome this disgusting act of terrorism "

There’s plenty who complain about Muslims and support TR etc. But I don’t think that many here actually support this kind of thing.

Over on Twitter however, that’s a different matter.

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

Trump britex let's blame them ...its not about blame it's about people and education across the world

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

That really is shocking.

Says all you need to know about hate in this country. who are they bob you should name them ? I dint think there is many on here who couldn’t care less or welocome this disgusting act of terrorism "

You know naming people is not allowed. However, a number of individuals regularly come to mind. The ones who are quick to call out anything where non white people & ‘foreigners’ have done anything equivalent. They need to look deep into their souls and re think.

"Trump britex let's blame them ...its not about blame it's about people and education across the world"

Are you suggesting we shouldn’t look into the reasons behind why people go on killing rampages? In this specific case, the shooter was a huge fan of Trump and was openly influenced by him. Surely knowing why people are susceptible to such bullshit, would help to educate people and to reduce the number of people being radicalised across the world.

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

Maybe also look at silly shooting games and it's not all about race

"Maybe also look at silly shooting games and it's not all about race "

Look at everything. That’s the point. This is more important than offending, gamers, or racists, or anyone. Look at the whole picture, and tackle all the causes.

Simply trying to divert the attention away from Trump, is insulting to the victims and their families. It is part of the problem.

"Maybe also look at silly shooting games and it's not all about race "

Next time a Muslim terrorist kills many Im sure you'll blame video games. ..

Or will you say its"Shit breeding with shit " as you've said many times

Bristol East

Any human who resorts to indiscriminate violence against complete strangers, because of some perceived slight or threat from other complete strangers, is mentally disturbed.

That is irrespective of cause, race or creed. Their behaviour is not rational.

When someone is suicidal, we recognise it as a mental illness.

When someone is suicidal and intent on crime with it, we don't.

For me, there is little difference between the pilot of that Germanwings aeroplane and someone like the Ariana Grande bomber.

Both are suicidal. Both intent on taking others with them. Both criminally insane.

The mainstream media owners should be locked up for their part in this. Murdoch should never see the light of day again the prejudice crap he puts on his front pages.

“1 in 5 British Muslims support Jihad”

Just one off the top of my head.

Disgusting worm.

Bristol East

Someone analysed the Murdoch media in Australia.

2000 + negative stories about muslim immigration in the past 12 months.

"The mainstream media owners should be locked up for their part in this. Murdoch should never see the light of day again the prejudice crap he puts on his front pages.

Disgusting worm.

"

But what is worse, some people believed it!

By *hunsMan  over a year ago

New Moston

As someone who has never shown any interest in any religion from the age of 17, I discovered the hypocracy in it, and its power to brainwash people, I have so much more fulfilment out of life as a consequence. Those who like religion, fair enough, it's just not for me at all, very nearly all the world's problems, throughout the years have been called by religion, nothing since time began has caused so much pointless death and destruction, and now the internet is their best ally, such a shame

"The mainstream media owners should be locked up for their part in this. Murdoch should never see the light of day again the prejudice crap he puts on his front pages.

Disgusting worm.

But what is worse, some people believed it!"

Feeble minds will believe it if they’ve had a lifetime of it.

I know what you’re saying though. It’s disturbing that we have so many backwards individuals living amongst us. But we’re going to find it hard to tackle each one of them who may have inherited their racism or prejudice.

What I find unacceptable is that the media owners are not brought to account for their incitement of hatred.

Jo Cox’s murderer - a racist lunatic, who had been so for decades, decided to act during the Brexit campaign. Clearly no coincidence. He had his warped views condoned and even justified by the shit that was being pumped out in the media.

"As someone who has never shown any interest in any religion from the age of 17, I discovered the hypocracy in it, and its power to brainwash people, I have so much more fulfilment out of life as a consequence. Those who like religion, fair enough, it's just not for me at all, very nearly all the world's problems, throughout the years have been called by religion, nothing since time began has caused so much pointless death and destruction, and now the internet is their best ally, such a shame"

I’m not religious myself but I have to disagree with you slightly. I don’t think it’s religion that caused the wars and atrocities. I believe it’s the need to attain power. Religion has been used to that effect. But the underlying drive is power.

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Disgusting worm.

"

I think this poignant fact cannot be overlooked

The media is peddling populist manipulative poison

I'm aware of the indoctrination power of religion , many of us are but the media seems to be able to perpetually spout hate in single frontpage taglines without any counter balance

It's not going to improve anytime soon

"

The thing I find quite disturbing is the number of people who do not equate this to terrorism, that somehow christian extremists killing muslims to promote their own way of life is somehow different from muslim extremists killing all sorts to promote their own way of life.

"

Thing is, by rights we should all now be calling ourselves Crusading Christian extremist.

"As someone who has never shown any interest in any religion from the age of 17, I discovered the hypocracy in it, and its power to brainwash people, I have so much more fulfilment out of life as a consequence. Those who like religion, fair enough, it's just not for me at all, very nearly all the world's problems, throughout the years have been called by religion, nothing since time began has caused so much pointless death and destruction, and now the internet is their best ally, such a shame

I’m not religious myself but I have to disagree with you slightly. I don’t think it’s religion that caused the wars and atrocities. I believe it’s the need to attain power. Religion has been used to that effect. But the underlying drive is power. "

Isn’t power and religion one and the same. Both are driven by the need to be adulate and be adulated. One uses the curiosity and uncertainty that as human beings we question our own existence, a need for higher beings than ourselves to validate life. The other runs the same course, to give validity to individuals that believe they’re greater than anyone else. Whichever individual, faction, creed, country use to the to intimidate, create fear, start wars, destroy life is merely hiding behind a misguided ego that uses religion/fear to destabilise..... it feeds the ego

"As someone who has never shown any interest in any religion from the age of 17, I discovered the hypocracy in it, and its power to brainwash people, I have so much more fulfilment out of life as a consequence. Those who like religion, fair enough, it's just not for me at all, very nearly all the world's problems, throughout the years have been called by religion, nothing since time began has caused so much pointless death and destruction, and now the internet is their best ally, such a shame

I’m not religious myself but I have to disagree with you slightly. I don’t think it’s religion that caused the wars and atrocities. I believe it’s the need to attain power. Religion has been used to that effect. But the underlying drive is power.

Isn’t power and religion one and the same. Both are driven by the need to be adulate and be adulated. One uses the curiosity and uncertainty that as human beings we question our own existence, a need for higher beings than ourselves to validate life. The other runs the same course, to give validity to individuals that believe they’re greater than anyone else. Whichever individual, faction, creed, country use to the to intimidate, create fear, start wars, destroy life is merely hiding behind a misguided ego that uses religion/fear to destabilise..... it feeds the ego "

Religion and ideology a tool to control humanity.Just like all tools they can be beneficial to people or they can destructive .

Isn’t power and religion one and the same. Both are driven by the need to be adulate and be adulated. One uses the curiosity and uncertainty that as human beings we question our own existence, a need for higher beings than ourselves to validate life. The other runs the same course, to give validity to individuals that believe they’re greater than anyone else. Whichever individual, faction, creed, country use to the to intimidate, create fear, start wars, destroy life is merely hiding behind a misguided ego that uses religion/fear to destabilise..... it feeds the ego

Religion and ideology a tool to control humanity.Just like all tools they can be beneficial to people or they can destructive .

"

Chicken and egg......

Isn’t power and religion one and the same. Both are driven by the need to be adulate and be adulated. One uses the curiosity and uncertainty that as human beings we question our own existence, a need for higher beings than ourselves to validate life. The other runs the same course, to give validity to individuals that believe they’re greater than anyone else. Whichever individual, faction, creed, country use to the to intimidate, create fear, start wars, destroy life is merely hiding behind a misguided ego that uses religion/fear to destabilise..... it feeds the ego "

I don’t believe they are necessarily the same, but religion has been used to attain power and preserve it.

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

That really is shocking.

"

It's not that shocking considering the man recycles Mussolini's slogans......

Why not stick to his own country? Why go to a country with no issues- or is that self-evident?

America could learn much from this attack because one day after the attack the government of NZ has banned semi automatic weapons.

"America could learn much from this attack because one day after the attack the government of NZ has banned semi automatic weapons.

"

That’s good to hear.

The Land of the free and home of the brave is making too much money killing its own people to follow suit though.

Bristol East

The irony of someone of English, Scottish and Irish parentage, who was born in Australia and lived in New Zealand, making a stand against migration.

Bristol East

A "friend" on Facebook shared a post from Breitbart about militants in Nigeria killing christians.

She wanted to remind people about Islamic extremism.

I could scarcely believe it.

It was as if this attack challenged her base prejudice and she needed to revalidate her dislike of muslims.

Unfriended pronto.

"The irony of someone of English, Scottish and Irish parentage, who was born in Australia and lived in New Zealand, making a stand against migration.

"

It’s so cruel isn’t it. Why couldn’t he just have stayed at home and shot himself in the face.

"A "friend" on Facebook shared a post from Breitbart about militants in Nigeria killing christians.

She wanted to remind people about Islamic extremism.

I could scarcely believe it.

It was as if this attack challenged her base prejudice and she needed to revalidate her dislike of muslims.

Unfriended pronto.

"

“It was as if this attack challenged her base prejudice and she needed to revalidate her dislike of muslims.”

Well put.

Good people are good, evil people are evil. Terrorism doesn’t have a religion just evil people looking for a way of justifying their atrocious behaviour and often use religion, race or even football as that excuse. The papers have a lot to answer for too with dubious reporting. As someone mentioned above we need to stand up to it as best we can and call it out.

By *sianManc OP   Man  over a year ago

Manchester

I'm encouraged by the replies of this thread that there are still sane, logically minded and open minded folk around on this site.

A religion is no different to any organisation whether it be the scouts or even fabswingers.

Nobody can blame a religion nor an organisation for the actions of the few within it.

Any organisation (I'll use this term to also mean religion) can always pull into it folk that are evil. They could be invited in, join up or in some cases be born into it and presume they thus are a member even if the rules and terms are never read, never understood and never reflected upon.

These same individuals who are plainly evil or perhaps good to begin with can use the said doctrine for their own agenda. Some are radicalized some are simply venting their anger at what they see as injustice.

An organisation such as religion is simply one that is so big (millions to billions) in membership that the likelihood of it being misused is high.

Racism or far right organisations such as those that were behind the NZ differ in nature because they actually advocate hate and advocate separatist agenda.

If we don't start waking up and realising as humans we have a duty to each other we will only go backwards.

Don't let politicians, the media and others confuse you so easily. Think critically and think.

Innocent people with homes and families and loved ones don't deserve it no matter what country and what organisation you are a member of.

Amen to peace people.

"America could learn much from this attack because one day after the attack the government of NZ has banned semi automatic weapons.

"

No, they haven’t. New Zealand is a strong hunting nation and both parties support gun ownership.

The PM said they had to address the issue but that’s not the same. The semi-automatic is legal but buying ammo for it is not, making the gun he used illegal, though.

The guy was living in Dunedin and despite checks and guarantors, got under the radar. Someone, somewhere, didn’t care enough abought his views to highlight them.

No, they haven’t. New Zealand is a strong hunting nation and both parties support gun ownership.

The PM said they had to address the issue but that’s not the same. The semi-automatic is legal but buying ammo for it is not, making the gun he used illegal, though.

The guy was living in Dunedin and despite checks and guarantors, got under the radar. Someone, somewhere, didn’t care enough abought his views to highlight them."

The PM announced last night that all semi automatic weapons and assault rifles will be banned in April.

An amnesty is now in place to hand them in..

Excellent news.

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

The guy was living in Dunedin and despite checks and guarantors, got under the radar. Someone, somewhere, didn’t care enough abought his views to highlight them.

The PM announced last night that all semi automatic weapons and assault rifles will be banned in April.

An amnesty is now in place to hand them in..

Excellent news. "

Totally agree - guns are not needed by people in most circumstances & assault rifles should never be available.

» Add a new message to this topic