FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > England get out of Ireland

England get out of Ireland

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

What do you think of Sinn Féins president Mary Lou McDonald posing with a banner reading 'England get out of Ireland' in the New York St Patrick's day parade.

Is this a message aimed that will fire up their paramilitary arm the IRA?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"What do you think of Sinn Féins president Mary Lou McDonald posing with a banner reading 'England get out of Ireland' in the New York St Patrick's day parade.

Is this a message aimed that will fire up their paramilitary arm the IRA? "

Standard Sinn Fein rhetoric. Nothing new and nothing to pay any need to.

Mary Lou McDonald is a grade A prick though. She holds a remembrance every year for Sean Russell, who was an Irish Nazi.

By *ony 2016Man  over a year ago

Huddersfield /derby cinemas

One way for us to get out of one of the problems caused by brexit would be for England to get out of Ireland to avoid a border as Ireland would be Ireland

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"One way for us to get out of one of the problems caused by brexit would be for England to get out of Ireland to avoid a border as Ireland would be Ireland "

England isn't in Ireland though, the UK is.

By *ony 2016Man  over a year ago

Huddersfield /derby cinemas

"One way for us to get out of one of the problems caused by brexit would be for England to get out of Ireland to avoid a border as Ireland would be Ireland

England isn't in Ireland though, the UK is."

. I realise that , I put England as I was referring to the "England get out of Ireland banner" ,,, although my point still stands ,,, if the UK get out of Ireland it solves the border issue caused by brexit ,,,, fear it may cause other problems though , just like brexit might ,,, lets hope it doesn't

Ireland for the Irish!

Of course we should leave Ireland. Just because we have an Imperial history doesn't mean that we should be able to 'keep' the places we controlled through the worst excesses of our colonial history.

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"Ireland for the Irish!

Of course we should leave Ireland. Just because we have an Imperial history doesn't mean that we should be able to 'keep' the places we controlled through the worst excesses of our colonial history.

"

We don't just "keep places". For example the people of Gibraltar and the Falklands have both voted to remain under UK rule in democratic votes. It is only by mutual consent that those places have stayed with the UK.

By *laytimenowMan  over a year ago

Essex

"What do you think of Sinn Féins president Mary Lou McDonald posing with a banner reading 'England get out of Ireland' in the New York St Patrick's day parade.

Is this a message aimed that will fire up their paramilitary arm the IRA?

Standard Sinn Fein rhetoric. Nothing new and nothing to pay any need to.

Mary Lou McDonald is a grade A prick though. She holds a remembrance every year for Sean Russell, who was an Irish Nazi."

3 Englishmen in a pub & see an Irish man sat on his own at the bar

The 1st Englishman goes to the bar for drinks & says hey paddy , That Gods a W*nker , the Irishman says nothing ,

A little later the 2nd Englishman goes to the bar & he says hey paddy you know Gods not Catholic hes a C*nt

Still paddy says nothing .

Finally the 3rd Englishman says to his 2 friends ill get paddy to react & goes to the Bar & orders a round of drinks & whispers in Paddys ear.

" Hey Paddy Gods an Englishmen "

Paddy smiles & replies

Yes Mate youre 2 friends already told me .

Which 1 of the 3 were you ?

"Ireland for the Irish!

"

[Removed by poster at 18/03/19 01:30:53]

"Ireland for the Irish!

"

yeah but what about the people living in NI that have no desire to become united with the rest of Ireland? Much prefer to stay part of the UK than sell our souls to the EU...

i reckon it's inevitable in the next 5/10 years that the border will go.

"Ireland for the Irish!

"

The majority of the population of NI currently wish to remain as part of the UK. One poll said only 22 % of the population wanted a United Ireland.

"Ireland for the Irish!

The majority of the population of NI currently wish to remain as part of the UK. One poll said only 22 % of the population wanted a United Ireland. "

This is clearly rubbish. It’s been teetering on 50/50 for years and years.

So far it’s unclear if Brexit has had any difference on unionists, but they’re unlikely to change their minds.

"Ireland for the Irish!

The majority of the population of NI currently wish to remain as part of the UK. One poll said only 22 % of the population wanted a United Ireland.

This is clearly rubbish. It’s been teetering on 50/50 for years and years.

So far it’s unclear if Brexit has had any difference on unionists, but they’re unlikely to change their minds. "

Having to pay for the health service is hardly likely to be a vote winner. Those who short loudest do not always respresent the people . What you appear to be saying is that articles published in the Guardian newspaper are rubbish.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

"One way for us to get out of one of the problems caused by brexit would be for England to get out of Ireland to avoid a border as Ireland would be Ireland

England isn't in Ireland though, the UK is.. I realise that , I put England as I was referring to the "England get out of Ireland banner" ,,, although my point still stands ,,, if the UK get out of Ireland it solves the border issue caused by brexit ,,,, fear it may cause other problems though , just like brexit might ,,, lets hope it doesn't "

An even simpler solution is for England to leave the UK.

As an ex mainland loyalist I have come to the sad conclusion that Northern Ireland is more trouble than it is worth.

It would be great if we could swap the Irish people living here for the loyalist people living there. Not that I have anything against Irish people, I just fear that there would be carnage if we just turned our backs on the whole thing and put all those loyal Brits under the control of Dublin.

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"As an ex mainland loyalist I have come to the sad conclusion that Northern Ireland is more trouble than it is worth.

It would be great if we could swap the Irish people living here for the loyalist people living there. Not that I have anything against Irish people, I just fear that there would be carnage if we just turned our backs on the whole thing and put all those loyal Brits under the control of Dublin. "

Oh... A bit of ethnic cleansing eh??

The bar just keeps getting lower.

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

"As an ex mainland loyalist I have come to the sad conclusion that Northern Ireland is more trouble than it is worth.

It would be great if we could swap the Irish people living here for the loyalist people living there. Not that I have anything against Irish people, I just fear that there would be carnage if we just turned our backs on the whole thing and put all those loyal Brits under the control of Dublin. "

Of course it wouldn’t. As we are in a Union, we owe it to each part of the Union to support them. We cannot turn our back on N Ireland.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

England isn't in Ireland though, the UK is.. I realise that , I put England as I was referring to the "England get out of Ireland banner" ,,, although my point still stands ,,, if the UK get out of Ireland it solves the border issue caused by brexit ,,,, fear it may cause other problems though , just like brexit might ,,, lets hope it doesn't

"

Well in a few years after england has turned it's back on NI, scotland votes for independence, wales and cornwall go "what the hell, we never liked english rule anyway"... We can look forward to them all rejoining the EU as the New United Kingdom of Scotland, Wales, NI and Cornwall (no doubt with Man, Wight, and the Channel Islands throwing in as well!). England can then sit on its own muttering about WW2, spirit of the blitz, empire...

Chudleigh

England isn't in Ireland though, the UK is.. I realise that , I put England as I was referring to the "England get out of Ireland banner" ,,, although my point still stands ,,, if the UK get out of Ireland it solves the border issue caused by brexit ,,,, fear it may cause other problems though , just like brexit might ,,, lets hope it doesn't

Well in a few years after england has turned it's back on NI, scotland votes for independence, wales and cornwall go "what the hell, we never liked english rule anyway"... We can look forward to them all rejoining the EU as the New United Kingdom of Scotland, Wales, NI and Cornwall (no doubt with Man, Wight, and the Channel Islands throwing in as well!). England can then sit on its own muttering about WW2, spirit of the blitz, empire..."

Good chance the South East & London would do the same...

By *leasure domMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

" England isn't in Ireland though, the UK is."

No, it's essentially an English domination thing.

Do you think Scotland or Wales would have any desire to be in Ireland?

Granted, plantation Scots had a lot to do with the problems in Northern Ireland, but most Scots repudiate, and are ashamed of, the attitudes of the troublesome distant cousins.

There is a poisonous link with NI protestant triumphalism to central Scotland - a toxic melange of the orange order, extremist Rangers fanatics, BNP, UKIP fringes, all of whom the tories are content to see oppose, by any means, independence for Scotland.

In Scotland, that is where the threat comes from. If the battle of George Square demonstrates how these extremist unionists behave when they win, imagine what they will be capable of when they lose Indyref 2?

Independent Scotland and Reunified Ireland. You know it makes sense.

Chudleigh

" England isn't in Ireland though, the UK is.

Granted, plantation Scots had a lot to do with the problems in Northern Ireland, but most Scots repudiate, and are ashamed of, the attitudes of the troublesome distant cousins.

There is a poisonous link with NI protestant triumphalism to central Scotland - a toxic melange of the orange order, extremist Rangers fanatics, BNP, UKIP fringes, all of whom the tories are content to see oppose, by any means, independence for Scotland.

In Scotland, that is where the threat comes from. If the battle of George Square demonstrates how these extremist unionists behave when they win, imagine what they will be capable of when they lose Indyref 2?

Independent Scotland and Reunified Ireland. You know it makes sense."

Is it time to blame the Dutch?

Essex

Is é an díoltas a bheidh againn ná an gáire dár bpáistí

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

The timing is interesting. She's been photographed with that very banner before, as has Gerry Adams and many other prominent people and that banner has been part of the New York parade since 1949, making an appearance at most parades since then and has consistently received the most applause from spectators.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

"

Is it time to blame the Dutch? "

I know the heir to the British crown will be known as King Billy by the Orangemen, but you can’t blame the Dutch

By *ondoctorMan  over a year ago

birmingham

I thought the northern irish people need english presence in their land for protection ,theres no oil there lol,so why havent we withdrawn from there an let them be a whole ireland,is it something to do with religion ?,then we cud tell the irish to get out of england,bet they wouldnt like that ha

"I thought the northern irish people need english presence in their land for protection ,theres no oil there lol,so why havent we withdrawn from there an let them be a whole ireland,is it something to do with religion ?,then we cud tell the irish to get out of england,bet they wouldnt like that ha "

Come again?

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

England isn't in Ireland though, the UK is."

Very true

By *icklybitMan  over a year ago

Ayrshire

I could imagine a native American seeing that banner and thinking, when will you get out of mine?

By *bi_AstrayTV/TS  over a year ago

Plymouth

"I could imagine a native American seeing that banner and thinking, when will you get out of mine?"
And the 70-80 other countries that the US has a military presence in... It's a banner owned and paraded by an american after all... Saying that, I don't think the reunification of Ireland is a bad thing, what right we have interfering in another foreign sovereign nation that was taken by force is tenuous at best... The one that want to remain British are just not wanting to face life under catholic rule. Numpties still fighting over how they worship their imaginary deity

By *lixerMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Independent Scotland and Reunified Ireland. You know it makes sense."

Just to say, I agree with every word of that and will fight for it (civilly) until I'm deid.

By *ondoctorMan  over a year ago

birmingham

All i know is theres more irish in n.ireland than english,so whats the problem not like we takin over,english are not wanted anywhere these days wish they cud tell us to get out of europe only place i feel not wanted atm ha

By *hreak44Man  over a year ago

carlow

"Ireland for the Irish!

We don't just "keep places". For example the people of Gibraltar and the Falklands have both voted to remain under UK rule in democratic votes. It is only by mutual consent that those places have stayed with the UK. "

So after Britain crashes out of the eu let's have a vote on irish unity

Chudleigh

"Ireland for the Irish!

We don't just "keep places". For example the people of Gibraltar and the Falklands have both voted to remain under UK rule in democratic votes. It is only by mutual consent that those places have stayed with the UK.

So after Britain crashes out of the eu let's have a vote on irish unity "

Can Hampshire & Cardiff join?

carlow

"Ireland for the Irish!

Can Hampshire & Cardiff join? "

Ya the Welsh are ok we will need a new rugby anthem but will make up one hell of a team

Chudleigh

"Ireland for the Irish!

Ya the Welsh are ok we will need a new rugby anthem but will make up one hell of a team "

Can we have a separate rugby team?

carlow

"Ireland for the Irish!

Ya the Welsh are ok we will need a new rugby anthem but will make up one hell of a team

Can we have a separate rugby team? "

It's all or nothing ??

Chudleigh

"Ireland for the Irish!

Can we have a separate rugby team?

It's all or nothing ??"

Can we do the singing then?

The truth is the North still has a majority who wish to belong to the UK. Oh and the republic has enough problems without a civil war . I visit Dublin a few times a year and it is not exactly the hot topic or even a thought for a lot in the South as well....Time will determine where we all are in 20yrs time when the dust of the present confusion has worked its way out ..Till then hold on tight

Essex

"The truth is the North still has a majority who wish to belong to the UK. Oh and the republic has enough problems without a civil war . I visit Dublin a few times a year and it is not exactly the hot topic or even a thought for a lot in the South as well....Time will determine where we all are in 20yrs time when the dust of the present confusion has worked its way out ..Till then hold on tight "

The truth is that in 2021 thwre will be a Catholic voting majority

For the 1st time in the History of Northern Ireland.

Why do you think there is such a big fuss being argued over by the D.U.P on any deal & why the Dail is so against a border etc.

Come on keep up please

By *heislanderMan  over a year ago

cheshunt

"The truth is the North still has a majority who wish to belong to the UK. Oh and the republic has enough problems without a civil war . I visit Dublin a few times a year and it is not exactly the hot topic or even a thought for a lot in the South as well....Time will determine where we all are in 20yrs time when the dust of the present confusion has worked its way out ..Till then hold on tight "

Yeah and the Uk voted to leave Europe. Personally I don’t think you could ever have a United Ireland, I don’t know what the answer is, in a perfect world the people would come together and work out a compromise but unfortunately that won’t happen, they’ll keep arguing about religion.

Essex

Oh dear.

That Old Chestnut of arguing over Religion.

Its fuck all to do with religion

Your Irish Or your not.

Thats the only argument .

By *heislanderMan  over a year ago

cheshunt

"Oh dear.

Your Irish Or your not.

"

You’re the one who mentioned a catholic voting majority.

Lucan

"Oh dear.

Your Irish Or your not.

You’re the one who mentioned a catholic voting majority. "

It was never about religion but it was painted as such for various reasons.

Religion happens to be a reasonably good marker for nationalism/unionism in this case although not the actual reason.

There have been numerous protestant republicans and numerous catholic unionists.

The census in 2021 will be fascinating. In 2011 there was only a whisker between the two main communities. If the pace of growth seen in the catholic community through the previous two continues then it has the potential to be a huge game changer. As it is, catholics outnumber protestants at younger age levels, and by a greater number the younger you go. Its only a matter of time until that transfers up to voting age.

It's never as simple as a sectarian headcount but most of each community will vote in a predictable way when it comes to a border poll. Also, a lot of the catholics who might have voted to maintain the union will have been tested by the whole brexit debacle.

Mary Lou is a commie geebag !! She wants Brits out , but Africans , Pakistani's , Syrians and pretty much anybody else in . I've no problem with our closest neighbors or anyone else . It's the political/legal/ruling classes that cause all the fuckin' problems !

Is this a message aimed that will fire up their paramilitary arm the IRA? "

There is no IRA now . Just a bunch of gangsters using the flag as a cover for their criminal activities . Even when there was an IRA , there were more MI5 and intelligence spooks in the membership than actual Republicans . The Republican movement died with Bobby Sands imho . The IRA were a great asset to Thatcher and the Tories .

Lucan

"Mary Lou is a commie geebag !! She wants Brits out , but Africans , Pakistani's , Syrians and pretty much anybody else in . I've no problem with our closest neighbors or anyone else . It's the political/legal/ruling classes that cause all the fuckin' problems !"

How exactly did you work out that ML is part of the "ruling class"?

You'd be welcome to the Royalist troglodytes !! Bowing to the crown . It's the theiving bastard 2Royals" that have us at each others throats for centuries . Wake up !!

"Mary Lou is a commie geebag !! She wants Brits out , but Africans , Pakistani's , Syrians and pretty much anybody else in . I've no problem with our closest neighbors or anyone else . It's the political/legal/ruling classes that cause all the fuckin' problems !

How exactly did you work out that ML is part of the "ruling class"? "

I never said that . Read my post again before you get pedantic son !

Lucan

"Mary Lou is a commie geebag !! She wants Brits out , but Africans , Pakistani's , Syrians and pretty much anybody else in . I've no problem with our closest neighbors or anyone else . It's the political/legal/ruling classes that cause all the fuckin' problems !

I never said that . Read my post again before you get pedantic son ! "

I think you contradicted yourself then because you seemed to imply that ML was causing some of the problems and then suggested that the ruling classes are the cause of all the problems.

It can't be both dad

Independent Scotland and Reunified Ireland. You know it makes sense.

Just to say, I agree with every word of that and will fight for it (civilly) until I'm deid. "

Did you know that Ireland was called " Scota" in ancient times . The Gaels settled there and that's why it's called Scotland now . The Orange bigots are the Lowland Scots who sold out their Highland brothers to lick the Royal arses , and they've been doing it ever since . .

I think you contradicted yourself then because you seemed to imply that ML was causing some of the problems and then suggested that the ruling classes are the cause of all the problems.

It can't be both dad

"

Seemed to ?? That's why you should read more carefully .

Lucan

It can't be both dad

Seemed to ?? That's why you should read more carefully . "

That's exactly why you should have written it more clearly so that idiots like myself can understand what you're trying to say.

By the way, you forgot to mention our obligations as members of the UN in relation to protecting asylum seekers.

It can't be both dad

That's exactly why you should have written it more clearly so that idiots like myself can understand what you're trying to say.

By the way, you forgot to mention our obligations as members of the UN in relation to protecting asylum seekers. "

I did say I have no problems with anybody , but when did economic migrants become refugees ?? The UN doesn't give a fuck about Ireland or the Irish .

Lucan

It can't be both dad

By the way, you forgot to mention our obligations as members of the UN in relation to protecting asylum seekers.

I did say I have no problems with anybody , but when did economic migrants become refugees ?? The UN doesn't give a fuck about Ireland or the Irish ."

You should probably work for the immigration services with your incredible ability to tell whether someone is entitled to asylum or not without having even met them. I'm in awe of your talent.

It can't be both dad

I did say I have no problems with anybody , but when did economic migrants become refugees ?? The UN doesn't give a fuck about Ireland or the Irish .

You should probably work for the immigration services with your incredible ability to tell whether someone is entitled to asylum or not without having even met them. I'm in awe of your talent. "

I'm just saying that there is a difference between asylum seekers and economic migrants . But you're obviously onboard with the UN Globalist agenda . I'm in awe of your talent for determining somebody's skillset from a couple of forum posts . Maith an fear !!

Lucan

It can't be both dad

You should probably work for the immigration services with your incredible ability to tell whether someone is entitled to asylum or not without having even met them. I'm in awe of your talent.

I'm just saying that there is a difference between asylum seekers and economic migrants . But you're obviously onboard with the UN Globalist agenda . I'm in awe of your talent for determining somebody's skillset from a couple of forum posts . Maith an fear !! "

Your first post on the topic where you laid out your thoughts on different nationalities displayed your remarkable ability. Don't be so modest now.

It can't be both dad

I'm just saying that there is a difference between asylum seekers and economic migrants . But you're obviously onboard with the UN Globalist agenda . I'm in awe of your talent for determining somebody's skillset from a couple of forum posts . Maith an fear !!

Your first post on the topic where you laid out your thoughts on different nationalities displayed your remarkable ability. Don't be so modest now. "

If you read my first post properly Michael, you'll see that I was referring to Mary Lou and Sinn Fein , and not laying out any personal opinions . So don't try to play your little Labeling games with me thanks all the same .

Lucan

It can't be both dad

Your first post on the topic where you laid out your thoughts on different nationalities displayed your remarkable ability. Don't be so modest now.

If you read my first post properly Michael, you'll see that I was referring to Mary Lou and Sinn Fein , and not laying out any personal opinions . So don't try to play your little Labeling games with me thanks all the same . "

If you read your own post you'll see you're the only one to do any labelling.

It can't be both dad

If you read my first post properly Michael, you'll see that I was referring to Mary Lou and Sinn Fein , and not laying out any personal opinions . So don't try to play your little Labeling games with me thanks all the same .

If you read your own post you'll see you're the only one to do any labelling. "

Yep , I labeled ML McD a Geebag , Fair enough . And I questioned Sinn Feins policy of wanting Brits out , but everyone else in . What's your problem Micheal . Your first post was a dig at me and nothing to do with the topic . Get your Missus to read the thread and she can decide . How's that for fair ???

Lucan

It can't be both dad

Yep , I labeled ML McD a Geebag , Fair enough . And I questioned Sinn Feins policy of wanting Brits out , but everyone else in . What's your problem Micheal . Your first post was a dig at me and nothing to do with the topic . Get your Missus to read the thread and she can decide . How's that for fair ??? "

I haven't had a dig at you at any point yet.

If you post up nonsense don't be surprised if someone else points out that it's nonsense.

Try not to be so sensitive.

It can't be both dad

Yep , I labeled ML McD a Geebag , Fair enough . And I questioned Sinn Feins policy of wanting Brits out , but everyone else in . What's your problem Micheal . Your first post was a dig at me and nothing to do with the topic . Get your Missus to read the thread and she can decide . How's that for fair ???

I haven't had a dig at you at any point yet.

If you post up nonsense don't be surprised if someone else points out that it's nonsense.

Try not to be so sensitive. "

Sensitive ?? lol , Hardly . I was pointing out Mary Lou's hypocrisy , that's all . If you read back you'll see that .

By *andS_GlasgowCouple  over a year ago

Giffnock

Cool - A Brexit Hard Border it should be then !!

Unite Ireland.

The arguments about the Falklands and Gibraltar are a red herring.

They may have voted to remain in the UK but that's because of the colonial history. An analogy would have been if the Germans would have maintained control of the Channel Islands and put lots of Germans to live and rule there. Would a democratic vote to remain German then be fair to you?

Then the answer seems to be to be military occupation, followed by colonisation, followed by a vote carried through by the occupier? Job done, it's a democracy!

By *leasure domMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Unite Ireland.

They may have voted to remain in the UK but that's because of the colonial history. An analogy would have been if the Germans would have maintained control of the Channel Islands and put lots of Germans to live and rule there. Would a democratic vote to remain German then be fair to you?

Then the answer seems to be to be military occupation, followed by colonisation, followed by a vote carried through by the occupier? Job done, it's a democracy!"

That's the British way!

Huzzah for tradition.

The Third Reich may not have lasted a thousand years, but the Anglo-Norman equivalent is only 48 years shy of it.

Essex

"Unite Ireland.

Then the answer seems to be to be military occupation, followed by colonisation, followed by a vote carried through by the occupier? Job done, it's a democracy!

That's the British way!

Huzzah for tradition.

The Third Reich may not have lasted a thousand years, but the Anglo-Norman equivalent is only 48 years shy of it."

What are you blathering on about ?

England as it is now is just over 500 years old

Britain no more than 400

The UK less than 200 .

Anything previous to that is owned

Lock stock & barrell by

The Church of Rome & The Royal Family .

Anglo-Norman = poppycock b*llsh*t.

» Add a new message to this topic