FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Petition: Revoke Article 50 and remain in the EU.

Petition: Revoke Article 50 and remain in the EU.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

They’ve had a million signatures in the past 24 hours!

What does this mean, is it just a futile gesture ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

whats article 50

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Futile if brexit never happens it will result in a civil war too many nut jobs on the leave side the uk will be a warzone

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"whats article 50"

It’s the process for Brexit.

By *ed-monkeyCouple  over a year ago

Hailsham

"Futile if brexit never happens it will result in a civil war too many nut jobs on the leave side the uk will be a warzone"

I think there's a fair share of nut jobs on both sides

By *appytrailmanMan  over a year ago

Manchester

I voted remain, but remain didn't win the vote, we should leave as that's what the majority voted for it's as simple as that for me now.

"Futile if brexit never happens it will result in a civil war too many nut jobs on the leave side the uk will be a warzone"

You could be right, I don’t understand why some leave voters are so angry, you don’t see remain voters harassing and abusing leave MPs, I think they all need a wank or something

"I voted remain, but remain didn't win the vote, we should leave as that's what the majority voted for it's as simple as that for me now. "
thats exactly my thoughts

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"whats article 50"

its the two yr notice you have to give to leave the EU....

the "scottish 6" won a court case meaning that we can rescind if we want to.... rescinding would mean no brexit

"Futile if brexit never happens it will result in a civil war too many nut jobs on the leave side the uk will be a warzone

I think there's a fair share of nut jobs on both sides"

Im just think8ng more c18 and the like using it as an excuse

I rely on you being anti political Tame. What's this

By *loswingersCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

"They’ve had a million signatures in the past 24 hours!

What does this mean, is it just a futile gesture ?"

What it means is that we no longer accept democracy .

There was a vote , a vote that we all took part in in . Simply put it was should we stay in the EU or leave . The result was we leave .

So if we don’t leave our own process is ignored and we do what the people with the loudest voices do .

"Futile if brexit never happens it will result in a civil war too many nut jobs on the leave side the uk will be a warzone

I think there's a fair share of nut jobs on both sides

Im just think8ng more c18 and the like using it as an excuse"

I agree with what Will Self said, not all those who voted to leave were racists but all racists voted to leave

Hailsham

I think one of the best posts about the whole thing was in the "government ain't got a clue" thread.

Summarised whole situation perfectly without nailed hiya colours to the mast

By *ifun68Man  over a year ago

Cheshire

Shame that petition is Dodgy. Apparently they had thousands sign it in a very short period and a lot were suspicious signatures

Gloucester

You could be right, I don’t understand why some leave voters are so angry, you don’t see remain voters harassing and abusing leave MPs, I think they all need a wank or something "

Simply because they voted to leave and that was the result . If you won the lottery and then they told you you couldn’t have it , would you be happy ?

"whats article 50

its the two yr notice you have to give to leave the EU....

the "scottish 6" won a court case meaning that we can rescind if we want to.... rescinding would mean no brexit"

I dont understand it the majority of people voted leave so why dont they leave. If they werent prepared for the consequences they shouldnt have given people the vote

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I voted remain, but remain didn't win the vote, we should leave as that's what the majority voted for it's as simple as that for me now. "

its an interesting point of view, and i get that...

did you think that 3yrs on this is what "leave" would actually potentially look like?

its a bit like like asking "would you like a sandwich"....yes/ no....

ummmm.... lovely

but 3 years down the line, you find out the sandwich you get to eat is a shit filled sandwich....

but remember... you decided you wanted to eat that sandwich and you must honour that decision!!!

well....... enjoy!!

There was a vote , a vote that we all took part in in . Simply put it was should we stay in the EU or leave . The result was we leave .

So if we don’t leave our own process is ignored and we do what the people with the loudest voices do .

"

The referendum was to vague, if we leave with no deal or T Mays deal most of the leave voters won’t be happy, it needs another vote

Hailsham

"

Or what parliament thinks is best fur the common good and protect us from ourselves

You could be right, I don’t understand why some leave voters are so angry, you don’t see remain voters harassing and abusing leave MPs, I think they all need a wank or something

Simply because they voted to leave and that was the result . If you won the lottery and then they told you you couldn’t have it , would you be happy ? "

Are you comparing winning the lottery with Brexit? These people have and will always be angry no matter what the outcome is. Do you think abusing and harrasing MPs is acceptable ??

What does this mean, is it just a futile gesture ?"

It means I just signed it

"I voted remain, but remain didn't win the vote, we should leave as that's what the majority voted for it's as simple as that for me now.

its an interesting point of view, and i get that...

did you think that 3yrs on this is what "leave" would actually potentially look like?

its a bit like like asking "would you like a sandwich"....yes/ no....

ummmm.... lovely

but 3 years down the line, you find out the sandwich you get to eat is a shit filled sandwich....

but remember... you decided you wanted to eat that sandwich and you must honour that decision!!!

well....... enjoy!!"

I had no idea what it would be like thats why i voted remain i was happy with the way things where

If the results of the vote are ignored and the country remains, doesn't that set a dangerous precedent for other future votes to be ignored if complained about loudly enough?

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

"Shame that petition is Dodgy. Apparently they had thousands sign it in a very short period and a lot were suspicious signatures"

There are no signatures, it is email with postcode and a follow up email confirmation. You clearly don’t know anything about it - so do some research next time

Chudleigh

"If the results of the vote are ignored and the country remains, doesn't that set a dangerous precedent for other future votes to be ignored if complained about loudly enough?"

What you mean an advisory Referendum which turned out to be driven by liars and self serving Eton elitists?

Why can’t we change our minds 3 years down the road? The gap between the last elections was less...

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

The wife and I decided to go to Tunisia a few years ago and a couple of weeks before we were supposed to go, a madman walked up the beach shooting people. We still wanted to go to Tunisia but the Tour Company changed our booking. Fucking anti-democratic cunts.

Gloucester

"I voted remain, but remain didn't win the vote, we should leave as that's what the majority voted for it's as simple as that for me now.

The wife and I decided to go to Tunisia a few years ago and a couple of weeks before we were supposed to go, a madman walked up the beach shooting people. We still wanted to go to Tunisia but the Tour Company changed our booking. Fucking anti-democratic cunts."

That’s an example which is almost as bad as mine which compares leaving to winning the lottery !

No...... let's make the leavers own their stupid vote. I mean someone pointed out on another thread that the leavers campaign leaflet clearly states that we were to have a quiet word with the EU before we start and make sure that before parliament triggered article 50 a framework for agreement would be in place.

How stupid is that. Must admit I didn't know that was the case so the leave vote was immediately up the proverbial without a paddle and their big plank of policy was never ever going to work.

And then our stupid MPs compounded the mistake by voting for it too. It beggars belief what went on.

Chudleigh

"No...... let's make the leavers own their stupid vote. I mean someone pointed out on another thread that the leavers campaign leaflet clearly states that we were to have a quiet word with the EU before we start and make sure that before parliament triggered article 50 a framework for agreement would be in place.

How stupid is that. Must admit I didn't know that was the case so the leave vote was immediately up the proverbial without a paddle and their big plank of policy was never ever going to work.

And then our stupid MPs compounded the mistake by voting for it too. It beggars belief what went on."

But that is like cutting off your nose to spite your face! Leavers will share the pain with the rest of us, by revoking Article 50 their is no shared pain, just a number of people who can still dream

» Add a new message to this topic