FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > 5 million people have signed a petition to stop brexit

5 million people have signed a petition to stop brexit

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I have also done it have you? No doubt another 100000 have done it since I posted this, whats your view, is this kind of another peoples vote of how they feel about brexit?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *wosmilersCouple  over a year ago

Heathrowish

I am sure a substantial number have signed in the same way that a slightly less substantial number have signed the "leave with no deal on 29th March" petition....which has not been touted as much by the press.

To sign either, all you need is a postcode and name with an email address. I may sign on behalf of my neighbour, her dog and the gerbil.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

I signed it.

It ups the stakes.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I am sure a substantial number have signed in the same way that a slightly less substantial number have signed the "leave with no deal on 29th March" petition....which has not been touted as much by the press.

To sign either, all you need is a postcode and name with an email address. I may sign on behalf of my neighbour, her dog and the gerbil."

Please try to address the OP’s question rather than being so fatuous.

I voted as soon as I was able to get onto the website because I want my right to express my belief in an open honest and integrated society which the knuckle draggers and heartless have stolen from me.

How do you like them beans fella!

Nope. No intention of doing so either. It's not right path to go down.

[Removed by poster at 24/03/19 21:08:08]

"I signed it.

It ups the stakes.

"

That is good you have and you are right it does up it too

By *laytimenowMan  over a year ago

Essex

Wonder what will happen when it gets to 17.3 million ?

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

"Wonder what will happen when it gets to 17.3 million ?"
you expect something to happen. We had a vote in 2016. Delusions of grandeur still exist. You can always, dream on

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

"I signed it.

It ups the stakes.

That is good you have and you are right it does up it too "

ups what. I hardly think so. You can cry as much as you like

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"I am sure a substantial number have signed in the same way that a slightly less substantial number have signed the "leave with no deal on 29th March" petition....which has not been touted as much by the press.

To sign either, all you need is a postcode and name with an email address. I may sign on behalf of my neighbour, her dog and the gerbil."

You would need different emails for everyone.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

marches and petitions do nothing.milliin peeps march against war we bomb the fuck outa middle east. wasnt there a similar petition after article 50 had been set in motion did they take any notice of that.all that petition site is for is to make ppl think they have a voice.there not listening and never do. i fine with leaving also fine with remaining but they really need to do one or the other now.but no doubt they will keep acting like nusery children for a few more months yet.i expect nothing more of them.hate to say this but s.n.p are about the only ones with any credibility left.labour are as all over the place as the tories

By *wosmilersCouple  over a year ago

Heathrowish

To sign either, all you need is a postcode and name with an email address. I may sign on behalf of my neighbour, her dog and the gerbil.

Please try to address the OP’s question rather than being so fatuous.

I voted as soon as I was able to get onto the website because I want my right to express my belief in an open honest and integrated society which the knuckle draggers and heartless have stolen from me.

How do you like them beans fella!"

"Knuckle draggers and heartless"....mmmm and you said what about being fatuous???

The point is that many deem petitions that are open to so much abuse at this late stage, simply the last gasps of the complacent who assumed in 2016 that Britain was going to Remain.

For such reasons I will not sign either petition.

"marches and petitions do nothing.milliin peeps march against war we bomb the fuck outa middle east. wasnt there a similar petition after article 50 had been set in motion did they take any notice of that.all that petition site is for is to make ppl think they have a voice.there not listening and never do. i fine with leaving also fine with remaining but they really need to do one or the other now.but no doubt they will keep acting like nusery children for a few more months yet.i expect nothing more of them.hate to say this but s.n.p are about the only ones with any credibility left.labour are as all over the place as the tories"

For someone who hates politics and defines it as irelevant you post a lot in the political forum. .Are you trying to persuade us apathy is a better way.??

By *avey997TV/TS  over a year ago

East London

Fuck brexit

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"I have also done it have you? No doubt another 100000 have done it since I posted this, whats your view, is this kind of another peoples vote of how they feel about brexit?"
So sad realy as it is a waste of time

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

"I have also done it have you? No doubt another 100000 have done it since I posted this, whats your view, is this kind of another peoples vote of how they feel about brexit?"

Bots from Russia and North Korea have also signed the petition, so much for British democracy.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"I have also done it have you? No doubt another 100000 have done it since I posted this, whats your view, is this kind of another peoples vote of how they feel about brexit?

Bots from Russia and North Korea have also signed the petition, so much for British democracy. "

If that is so proves it is right to leave if they want us to stay lol.

"I have also done it have you? No doubt another 100000 have done it since I posted this, whats your view, is this kind of another peoples vote of how they feel about brexit?

Bots from Russia and North Korea have also signed the petition, so much for British democracy. If that is so proves it is right to leave if they want us to stay lol."

They don’t. Russia want us to leave.

Bots from Russia and North Korea have also signed the petition, so much for British democracy. "

Actually you can trace where the votes are cast. The system also has a verification system which overcomes "bots" from being able to influence. Suggest you look at the data!

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

"marches and petitions do nothing.milliin peeps march against war we bomb the fuck outa middle east. wasnt there a similar petition after article 50 had been set in motion did they take any notice of that.all that petition site is for is to make ppl think they have a voice.there not listening and never do. i fine with leaving also fine with remaining but they really need to do one or the other now.but no doubt they will keep acting like nusery children for a few more months yet.i expect nothing more of them.hate to say this but s.n.p are about the only ones with any credibility left.labour are as all over the place as the tories

For someone who hates politics and defines it as irelevant you post a lot in the political forum. .Are you trying to persuade us apathy is a better way.?? "

not at all just entertains me how gullible most peeps are that they really belive they have a say.if the gov want to leave they will if they dont want to leave they wont. nothing a leaver or remainer has to say matters one jot.like i said the amount of experts on here could form a new goverment lol.and its the internet i can post on what forum i like about anything i want to.its great having all sorts of opinions or are only peeps who vote allowed to comment.

By *on12xxMan  over a year ago

leeds

Therefore 22 million haven't sign

A petition.

Will you eveer accept vote and democracy

leeds

Accept vote.

"marches and petitions do nothing.milliin peeps march against war we bomb the fuck outa middle east. wasnt there a similar petition after article 50 had been set in motion did they take any notice of that.all that petition site is for is to make ppl think they have a voice.there not listening and never do. i fine with leaving also fine with remaining but they really need to do one or the other now.but no doubt they will keep acting like nusery children for a few more months yet.i expect nothing more of them.hate to say this but s.n.p are about the only ones with any credibility left.labour are as all over the place as the tories

For someone who hates politics and defines it as irelevant you post a lot in the political forum. .Are you trying to persuade us apathy is a better way.??

not at all just entertains me how gullible most peeps are that they really belive they have a say.if the gov want to leave they will if they dont want to leave they wont. nothing a leaver or remainer has to say matters one jot.like i said the amount of experts on here could form a new goverment lol.and its the internet i can post on what forum i like about anything i want to.its great having all sorts of opinions or are only peeps who vote allowed to comment. "

“if the gov want to leave they will if they dont want to leave they wont.”

Look at the way the EU referendum was set out - the pathetically low threshold of 40% to make a constitutional change. Typically it would be 60+% in many countries. The Scotland devolution referendum in 1979 had the same threshold infact, and the act was repealed! Now the argument from this government is that it’s a clear will of the people. My arse it is. It’s a minority of the electorate and just because nobody seems to be talking about that fact, doesn’t make any less true. The bill states no foreign donors - yet they allow Rupert Murdoch to campaign all he likes. The Tories love to deregulate and privatise. Brexit, especially under the conditions met with a ‘no deal’ does exactly that. They are selling us out for personal gain.

"Accept vote.

"

Never!!

leeds

Well that's says it all you wont accept democracy

I'd you love Europe so much no one's asking u to stay

"Well that's says it all you wont accept democracy

I'd you love Europe so much no one's asking u to stay"

I'm staying ...Its my country not yours...

By *rincessvenusCouple  over a year ago

Hull

doesnt matter how many million vote she will do as she likeshope you all remember at genral election time who not to vote for

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

I'd like him to stay.

So you are wrong.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

You don't actually know what democracy is do you..?

It is difficult to see why anyone would pay any attention to such a petition. It is not like a petition where you go knocking doors to obtain opinions.

In the case of this petition you are just entering a few details and hitting a send button.

According to the press today one politician voted circa 8000 times.

It is too easy to create these petitions for them to have any validity.

If you want to organise a petition , it needs to be done the old fashioned way with paper and pen.

"Accept vote.

Never!!

"

I dunno, that was a pretty convincing argument he made there.

The UK is in Europe and it would take a tectonic plate shift not a referendum to change that!

By *bandjam91Couple  over a year ago

London

"It is difficult to see why anyone would pay any attention to such a petition. It is not like a petition where you go knocking doors to obtain opinions.

In the case of this petition you are just entering a few details and hitting a send button.

If you want to organise a petition , it needs to be done the old fashioned way with paper and pen.

"

What press? Did they set up 8000 email addresses. Stop believing any old shit you read.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"It is difficult to see why anyone would pay any attention to such a petition. It is not like a petition where you go knocking doors to obtain opinions.

"

But Pat, it's 2019..

Ironically you didn't send that in by snail mail..

London

Are you talking about the referendum? Oh wait.

leeds

People voted to leave over 17 million.

Remain like child who doesn't get there own way. Pathetic

Petition by pigeon!

[Removed by poster at 24/03/19 23:10:07]

"People voted to leave over 17 million.

Remain like child who doesn't get there own way. Pathetic"

And you were allowed to vote! No wonder this country is in such a state.

leeds

Oh another childish dig

Country in mess.

Because you won't accept a decision

By *loswingersCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

What press? Did they set up 8000 email addresses. Stop believing any old shit you read."

It’s not hard to set up a bot to do this .

Joebloggs1@, joebloggs2@ etc.... all the way to joebloggs8000@ ... it takes a few minutes .

"Oh another childish dig

Country in mess.

Because you won't accept a decision"

What’s people’s acceptance got to do with the success of it?

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

What press? Did they set up 8000 email addresses. Stop believing any old shit you read.

Joebloggs1@, joebloggs2@ etc.... all the way to joebloggs8000@ ... it takes a few minutes ."

Are you meaning the Leaver one?

leeds

Success how do u judge that.

Or is money all that's matters.!!!

It was a choice of who do u want to be governed by he or Europe

London

Joebloggs1@, joebloggs2@ etc.... all the way to joebloggs8000@ ... it takes a few minutes ."

There's also a further step to verify the link that's emailed. Go Google it. The consensus was the site is not easy to game.

By *loswingersCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

Joebloggs1@, joebloggs2@ etc.... all the way to joebloggs8000@ ... it takes a few minutes .

Are you meaning the Leaver one? "

Any online petition that requires an email address confirmation

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

"People voted to leave over 17 million.

Remain like child who doesn't get there own way. Pathetic"

That's not the logic of a second referendum.

If I make a decision based on a certain set of information and that information turns out to be incorrect then I would like to make a different decision rather than stick with my original decision simply because it was my original decision.

What's your view on that? Is that childish?

leeds

Yes childish.

Si if u don't agree with a general election

What don't we have another vote as info always wrong at general election

"Success how do u judge that.

It was a choice of who do u want to be governed by he or Europe"

If you look to the right of the text box there is a little tab that says ‘Reply+quote’ - click it and you’ll be able to quote the comment you’re responding to.

You said -

“Country in mess.

Because you won't accept a decision"

So I asked what has people’s acceptance got to do with us making a success (or not) of it?

West London

I wonder what the typo is there?

It was a choice of who do u want to be governed by "ME" or Europe

I rather think that this is the general point of Brexit. Obey "me", the old man who is absolutely certain that the good old days were better and that their "common sense" can provide a simple answer to a complex problem.

We’ve never been governed by Europe. But for arguments sake, let’s say we were. Why is that a bad thing?

leeds

Thanks

West London

"Yes childish.

Si if u don't agree with a general election

What don't we have another vote as info always wrong at general election"

Do we have another general election. Ta daaa

leeds

Of course it's a bad thing we fought 2 wars to rule ourselves

Tell families of people who defended our country that

I'm British

Are you not proud to be born in Britain

By *teveuk77Man  over a year ago

uk

A bot would need to be written to fill in the form.

It would need to use many different random postcodes.

It would then need to confirm the emails.

It would need to use unique IP address for each vote.

You think setting up all of this can be done in a few minutes?

"Of course it's a bad thing we fought 2 wars to rule ourselves

I'm British

Are you not proud to be born in Britain"

So you want me to tell families of people who defended our country that you’re British? Maybe take a moment to re read your posts to get across your point a little better.

No I’m not proud that, by chance, I was born in Britain. What a ridiculous thing to be proud of.

But for real, if we were, which were categorically not, ruled by “Europe”, what would be wrong with that? Like an actual reason why it would be bad.

leeds

They don't have our best interests at heart

London

I'm British

You didn't fight. Don't assume to talk for those who did.

London

"

His mate down the pub told him

uk

"They don't have our best interests at heart"

And Westminster has the interests of the people who, say for example, live in Nottingham?

You elect an MEP through democratic elections. That individual represents you in Europe. Do they have you interests less at heart than your MP?

"They don't have our best interests at heart"

Okay. So that could be true. But they have a lot of positives in the regard. Workers rights, environmental protection, food safety standards etc etc.

The Tories for example, have them, and their rich mates at the top of their agenda. Meanwhile fucking the rest of us. And that will get 10 times worse when the E.U. aren’t there to give us a layer of protection against them.

So Westminster absolutely doesn’t have our best interests at heart either.

uk

His mate down the pub told him"

Who is his mate in the pub? Farage ? Has he been explaining how the Russians helped him to win the referendum ?

leeds

Sad people like you make comments like that people fought to keep people like u free

Therefore we have free country and yes that give u right of free speech but not to disrespect their scarfice

Leaving this thread

uk

"Sad people like you make comments like that people fought to keep people like u free

Therefore we have free country and yes that give u right of free speech but not to disrespect their scarfice

Leaving this thread "

I think you need to go and have a read about how the EU came about. Freedom is very much at its core.

"Sad people like you make comments like that people fought to keep people like u free

Leaving this thread "

You could say they fought to keep us free from oppression of the far right. And that we now vote for people like UKIP and to leave our friends in Europe and to isolate ourselves.

That is more disrespectful to people who fought and died.

The idea that we are governed by the EU is simply false.

West London

I'm British

You didn't fight. Don't assume to talk for those who did."

Quite.

What is certain is that they had no opinion on the EU one way or the other.

By *bi_AstrayTV/TS  over a year ago

Plymouth

What press? Did they set up 8000 email addresses. Stop believing any old shit you read."

As well as needing 8000 email addresses the system also logs and checks the IP address and automatically discards signatures from IP addresses with suspicious activity. A bot that can sign up to email addresses, then go to the system. sign the petition, check the email again and click on the link to confirm is very unlikely to exist in the opinion of IT experts, it's just too complicated. Whilst people may have signed a few times, much more than that and it becomes a long drawn out process...

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

I'm asking them to stay.

Widnes

I'm British

My family fought in both world wars, i voted and back remain absolutely and my late Grandfather, who nearly died fighting in WWI, was absolutely in support of us joining EEC.

When the generation that actually fought in the two world wars had their say in 1975 they voted overwhelmingly by 67% in favour of remain. It's those, like you, who did nothing in either war that seem to lay some claim to their bravery and courage for your cause when the evidence of their votes in 1975 would suggest that they would be turning in their graves with disgust at you and what you're trying to force on both their country and their European allies.

By *andS66Couple  over a year ago

Derby

I'm British

My family fought in both world wars, i voted and back remain absolutely and my late Grandfather, who nearly died fighting in WWI, was absolutely in support of us joining EEC.

When the generation that actually fought in the two world wars had their say in 1975 they voted overwhelmingly by 67% in favour of remain. It's those, like you, who did nothing in either war that seem to lay some claim to their bravery and courage for your cause when the evidence of their votes in 1975 would suggest that they would be turning in their graves with disgust at you and what you're trying to force on both their country and their European allies.

"

Actually, the evidence suggests that those who voted to remain in 1975, voted to leave in 2016.

I'm British

"

I agree absolutely with this and I really hate all these tinfoil medal wearing flag waving pub bores who bang on about our heroic lads when they havent even been in national service let alone the forces! My ex’s dad was a navigator in Lancasters during the war and lost many friends but he never banged on about it! He went on to build up his own very successful business which sold to customers all over europe and scandinavia and he was always pro the eu. He found the regulations a bit annoying at times but he knew that was the price of doing business unlike the short selling cowboys who want us to leave the EU.

I'm British

I agree absolutely with this and I really hate all these tinfoil medal wearing flag waving pub bores who bang on about our heroic lads when they havent even been in national service let alone the forces! My ex’s dad was a navigator in Lancasters during the war and lost many friends but he never banged on about it! He went on to build up his own very successful business which sold to customers all over europe and scandinavia and he was always pro the eu. He found the regulations a bit annoying at times but he knew that was the price of doing business unlike the short selling cowboys who want us to leave the EU. "

I agree with both of you my grandfather was a big fan of the EU and he was a Dunkirk and D day and he saw the eu as an end to the wars that destroyed his family .

I'm British

I agree absolutely with this and I really hate all these tinfoil medal wearing flag waving pub bores who bang on about our heroic lads when they havent even been in national service let alone the forces! My ex’s dad was a navigator in Lancasters during the war and lost many friends but he never banged on about it! He went on to build up his own very successful business which sold to customers all over europe and scandinavia and he was always pro the eu. He found the regulations a bit annoying at times but he knew that was the price of doing business unlike the short selling cowboys who want us to leave the EU.

I agree with both of you my grandfather was a big fan of the EU and he was a Dunkirk and D day and he saw the eu as an end to the wars that destroyed his family .

"

Yes and so did churchill see eu too

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

I'm British

Actually, the evidence suggests that those who voted to remain in 1975, voted to leave in 2016."

Source of said evidence?

Derby

I'm British

Actually, the evidence suggests that those who voted to remain in 1975, voted to leave in 2016.

Source of said evidence? "

Ipsos and LSE reports on the two referendum demographics.

In 1975 62% of 18-29 year olds voted remain, 72% of 30-44 year olds.

In 2016 (40 years later), 61% if 55-64, 66% of 65-74, and 63% of over 75s voted to leave.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Sheffield

I'm British

Source of said evidence?

In 2016 (40 years later), 61% if 55-64, 66% of 65-74, and 63% of over 75s voted to leave. "

Which actually suggests that in fact only about 15 to 20% flipped from their original choice of join, to leave. The majority of those that voted in originally, stayed with their choice.

Derby

I'm British

Source of said evidence?

In 2016 (40 years later), 61% if 55-64, 66% of 65-74, and 63% of over 75s voted to leave.

Which actually suggests that in fact only about 15 to 20% flipped from their original choice of join, to leave. The majority of those that voted in originally, stayed with their choice."

Good grief....it wasn't a referendum to join in 1975....the decision to join was swung by the votes of about 8% of MPs.

"only 15 to 20% changed from remain to leave"....it was actually almost 40%.(24 people out of every 62 who voted to remain in 1975, voted to leave in 2016).

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Sheffield

I'm British

Source of said evidence?

Which actually suggests that in fact only about 15 to 20% flipped from their original choice of join, to leave. The majority of those that voted in originally, stayed with their choice.

Good grief....it wasn't a referendum to join in 1975....the decision to join was swung by the votes of about 8% of MPs.

"only 15 to 20% changed from remain to leave"....it was actually almost 40%.(24 people out of every 62 who voted to remain in 1975, voted to leave in 2016).

"

I was actually meaning 15-20% of the total that swung, not of the remain subset. But counting your way is just the same.

However it is also the same as saying that 61% of those that voted in favour of the EU originally, still wanted to remain in the EU.

Which is the opposite of the original statement:

"... the evidence suggests that those who voted to remain in 1975, voted to leave in 2016."

which was phrased to give the false impression that a majority regretted their old choice.

Derby

I'm British

Source of said evidence?

I was actually meaning 15-20% of the total that swung, not of the remain subset. But counting your way is just the same.

However it is also the same as saying that 61% of those that voted in favour of the EU originally, still wanted to remain in the EU.

Which is the opposite of the original statement:

"... the evidence suggests that those who voted to remain in 1975, voted to leave in 2016."

which was phrased to give the false impression that a majority regretted their old choice."

In 1975 62% of 18 to 44 year olds voted remain.....

40 years later 62% of 55 plus age group voted to leave.

So, out of every 62 people who originally voted remain, 24 people voted leave in 2016...

24 divided by 62 is c.39%......for there to be a change from 62% voting remain to 62% voting leave, almost 40% of those voting remain changed their minds to vote leave.

The maths really isn't that hard.

Or, to put it another way, of those that voted remain in 75, the remain vote decreased by 40% in 2016 (62-24), and the leave vote increased by over 60% (38+24).

I still feel grand about brexit personally

By *isfun4usCouple  over a year ago

Dundee

Would it not have been easier for the majority of the "people" to have voted first time around.

Widnes

I'm British

Actually, the evidence suggests that those who voted to remain in 1975, voted to leave in 2016."

The facts suggest that most of those that fought in the two world wars and mostly voted Remain in 1975 are now dead and didn't vote either way in 2016. I don't like to call on the bravery of that generations sacrifice either way and only bring it up when one side, normally the Leave side, try to claim their sacrifice as being for their cause when it clearly was not.

Widnes

I'm British

"

Very much this for me. My Grandfather cried when we joined the EEC in 1973. When I asked him why he said it was because he was remembering his friends who had died fighting in Europe and that joining the EEC meant that my brother and I would never have to.

"

How do you like them beans fella!"

That is right and same here, it is important to get a chance to vote

» Add a new message to this topic