FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Parliament seizes control of brexit

Parliament seizes control of brexit

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

What a show it was, did you see it too? May will have to watch parliament vote on a series of options as it attempts to come up with a plan b for brexit, after decisively rejecting the prime ministers own deal on two occasions, what is plan b, is it to remain?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

Plan B means Plan B

Nothing else.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Red White & Blue plan B

By *ony 2016Man  over a year ago

Huddersfield /derby cinemas

Blue passports ( made on France ) Plan B

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

In theory about time about 2 years to late lol.The thing is are they cabable of putting together a cohesive plan?I do have my doubts sadly,Brexit is not and never was a party issue and should not be

I said at the start of this it will take 7 to 10 years to get,could be right,but will the EU survive that long?

upton wirral

"Blue passports ( made on France ) Plan B "
My passport is new and is red

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

"In theory about time about 2 years to late lol.The thing is are they cabable of putting together a cohesive plan?I do have my doubts sadly,Brexit is not and never was a party issue and should not be

I said at the start of this it will take 7 to 10 years to get,could be right,but will the EU survive that long?"

But we were promised a land of milk & honey straight away!

Just wait until they start waving trucks through the boarder to get goods in quickly, but in the french side they will be holding the trucks up to make it as hard as possible to trade outwards

And talk of deferring tariffs for 6 months is really going to work isn’t it

Also setting a precedent of no second referendum means that Scotland is now fucked as they voted to stay part of the uk

upton wirral

"In theory about time about 2 years to late lol.The thing is are they cabable of putting together a cohesive plan?I do have my doubts sadly,Brexit is not and never was a party issue and should not be

I said at the start of this it will take 7 to 10 years to get,could be right,but will the EU survive that long?

But we were promised a land of milk & honey straight away! "

We where not you know

Bristol East

"

Also setting a precedent of no second referendum means that Scotland is now fucked as they voted to stay part of the uk

"

Gossip in Scotland is Sturgeon will make her pitch in the SNP manifesto for the 2021 Scottish Parliament election.

Seven years between referenda is defined in the Belfast Agreement as a generation - the only place in UK law where it is.

Question is, will we still be in the EU in 21, or will we have a UK election before then.

I don’t know.

Bristol East

Did you see the rage on the DUP faces yesterday.

May had a new excuse in Parliament for stalling Brexit.

No Stormont, so civil servants in Northern Ireland have no legal authority to make the necessary regulations.

(Code for Direct Rule to enable the civil service to act)

They went ballistic.

She burned some bridges there.

I wonder what the parliament thinks of brexit, are they against it? If so we can kind of know what they might have for plan

"Just wait until they start waving trucks through the boarder to get goods in quickly, but in the french side they will be holding the trucks up to make it as hard as possible to trade outwards

And talk of deferring tariffs for 6 months is really going to work isn’t it

"

May's deal should have been scrapped the moment it lost the vote too. Voting on the same item 3 times is a fucking joke.

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

But we were promised a land of milk & honey straight away! We where not you know"

How about, we would save a fortune, the economy would grow straightaway, other countries would be queuing up to do brilliant trade deals with us. No issues with Northern Ireland or borders with the EU, it would all be smooooooth...

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

"I wonder what the parliament thinks of brexit, are they against it? If so we can kind of know what they might have for plan "

It's more so who will lead it as May will no doubt step down if her deal falls through.

I doubt there will be many willing enough to put their feet to the fire. Not only as the deal that parliament want, will have to be supported by the person putting themselves forward.

I suspect too that the deal parliament want will not have any party mandate.

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

"Did you see the rage on the DUP faces yesterday.

No Stormont, so civil servants in Northern Ireland have no legal authority to make the necessary regulations.

They went ballistic.

She burned some bridges there."

There's something so wrong, yet so right, in the pleasure I take in watching the likes of Dodd and Wilson with faces like slapped arses. Theyre lying, duplicitous, reactionary, dinosaur denying flat earthers

yumsville

"Did you see the rage on the DUP faces yesterday.

They went ballistic.

She burned some bridges there.

There's something so wrong, yet so right, in the pleasure I take in watching the likes of Dodd and Wilson with faces like slapped arses. Theyre lying, duplicitous, reactionary, dinosaur denying flat earthers"

It was funny when it was first raised. It wasn't only them .. it was like a penny dropping on MP's that plans may have been made or may have to be put into place. They took it as threats.

Utterly ridiculous that it has taken until this stage for not one sitting MP to realise that no Stormont may mean direct rule. MP's have been arguing bitterly about a Tory shambles, botched brexits, a disaster and little about greater implications. This is the real shambles. (It had been raised 2 weeks earlier in response to Dodds asking why he hadn't been informed - he obviously hadn't sat or heard it passed on in discussion). It was funny.

Shaking my head after watching Andrew Mitchell make himself look like a complete Nincompoop. I wonder when he realised that the deal on the table was the least worst option. Was it today while he fished his toy out of the Frosties box.

The village idiot could have told him it was the least worst option in November and it's taken him all this time to work it through. Has he only just realised it now. What a dickhead.

yumsville

I have wondered how many MP's if given a free vote would vote for it. Also .. how many have read and understood it - that would be a petition I'd sign.

Lets see what will happen today

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

But we were promised a land of milk & honey straight away! We where not you know

How about, we would save a fortune, the economy would grow straightaway, other countries would be queuing up to do brilliant trade deals with us. No issues with Northern Ireland or borders with the EU, it would all be smooooooth... "

Because we would hold all the cards!

PMSFL & ROFL

"I wonder what the parliament thinks of brexit, are they against it? If so we can kind of know what they might have for plan "

The majority of MP's (i.e. Conservative and Labour) were elected on manifestos that committed to delivering brexit, so really, whatever the arguments about the referendum, the 2017 General election was a confirmatory vote on brexit.

What is currently going on in the house of commons may lead to many different positions being proposed and may or may not get a general consensus in parliament but crucially nothing decided today will be legally binding on the government.

Would the government be foolish to ignore the will of parliament?

That's really a different question, but I think that the bigger concern is that MP's all seem to be failing to understand the will of the electorate and are completely out of touch - because the majority of them, personally, wish to remain and so are acting along the lines of supporting options that reflect their own wishes as closely as possible

"I wonder what the parliament thinks of brexit, are they against it? If so we can kind of know what they might have for plan

The majority of MP's (i.e. Conservative and Labour) were elected on manifestos that committed to delivering brexit, so really, whatever the arguments about the referendum, the 2017 General election was a confirmatory vote on brexit.

What is currently going on in the house of commons may lead to many different positions being proposed and may or may not get a general consensus in parliament but crucially nothing decided today will be legally binding on the government.

Would the government be foolish to ignore the will of parliament?

That's really a different question, but I think that the bigger concern is that MP's all seem to be failing to understand the will of the electorate and are completely out of touch - because the majority of them, personally, wish to remain and so are acting along the lines of supporting options that reflect their own wishes as closely as possible"

Yes I believe that the majority of the boting population would rather remain now or is that not what you meant?

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

These are the (Daily Mash) options

"THE UK has reached a Brexit crossroads, but which ill-advised choice will we make and which completely avoidable shitshow will we stumble idiotically into?

May deal passed by Commons

This scenario, requiring half of Labour, most of the Tories and fuck it the SNP to back a Brexit deal way worse than our status quo, condemns Britain to a twilit half-life trapped in and out of the EU like a ghost haunting the place of its murder waiting for someone to investigate but nobody is.

May deal rejected by Commons

This scenario, considered extremely likely because everyone a) hates Theresa May and b) wants to see what will happen, gives the prime minister 21 days to come up with a new deal. 21 days for someone whose last new idea was in 1998. Come on. That’ll be worth watching.

May replaced as leader by extreme Brexiter

Expected to make the EU quake in terror, it will instead cause them to walk away from negotiations muttering “Fuck this,” and seal the Channel Tunnel with concrete. Britain will then enjoy a wonderful, nostalgic re-run of its glory days in George Orwell’s Nineteen Eighty-Four.

Extension of Article 50

The EU decides, given the level of the debate so far, to treat Britain like a toddler told he can definitely drive Daddy’s car next weekend. Consecutive indefinite extensions will leave Britain delighted it’s getting its Brexit without realising it will never arrive.

Second referendum

Forcing Nigel Farage out of retirement like Rambo in the 2008 film, this restages the referendum on the basis that enough people have come to their senses or died since then. Overestimating the intelligence and underestimating the death wish of the UK sees the same result returned, to the exact vote.

War

After a saintly couple of centuries of not invading Europe or only doing it to be nice, Britain returns to its comfort zone and starts wars with France, Portugal, Spain, the Netherlands and Belgium. Everyone sighs with relief that things are back how they used to be."

It's all just a shit show.

» Add a new message to this topic