FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > It rains it pours

It rains it pours

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ab_Sparkles OP   Woman  over a year ago

sparkle Surprised

But in spectacular fashion right in the middle of the house of commons hahaha

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Wouldn't it be a terrible shame if the House was unable to return to the chamber for the next week or so.

Interestingly, in the last few years it has been identified that the palace of Westminster is in need of some major remedial work and MP's were required to consider whether to attempt to continue to sit in the commons, or if the 'house' should be moved to other premises to allow the work to be carried out more quickly.

By *ak777Man  over a year ago

shaw

it should be moved to London zoo.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

They are spending somewhere between £4 billion and £8 billion on doing the place up.

WTF!

They could build a brand new Parliament for a teeny fraction of that.

But no, they are soooooo rooted in the past, soooo stuck with their tradition.

I'm sure Trump could turn it into a lovely hotel with gold elevators.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"it should be moved to London zoo."
That would be animal cruelty

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"They are spending somewhere between £4 billion and £8 billion on doing the place up.

WTF!

"

It is because we are British and it should be repaired,it is almost treason in my view to suggest otherwise,it is symble of this nation just as the White House is in the US

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

"They are spending somewhere between £4 billion and £8 billion on doing the place up.

WTF!

It is because we are British and it should be repaired,it is almost treason in my view to suggest otherwise,it is symble of this nation just as the White House is in the US"

Oh *yawn* really? "Treason"? Are you fucking joking? Yes, it is great to keep heritage going. Yes it is good to keep history going. But to suggest that to not repair it would be treason just shows how in your own little bubble you really are.

-Matt

By *bi_AstrayTV/TS  over a year ago

Plymouth

WTF!

It is because we are British and it should be repaired,it is almost treason in my view to suggest otherwise,it is symble of this nation just as the White House is in the US"

But the white house is just a facade, it was gutted in the 1940's and a steel frame was constructed inside, as the building was near to collapse. This was done to support all the weight and the interior, whereas the UK government will no doubt have decided to spend billions on renovating the Palace of Westminster, using 1800's methods of construction and materials, and it will still be unfit for purpose for its use in the 21st century... The chamber hasn't even got the capacity to hold all of the MPs without them standing.

For the money they're planning on spending, they could build a modern parliament building, and a block of apartments to house the charlatans whilst they are in London. This would save millions in expenses claims for second homes in London... and if that's treason in your mind, bigger fool you.

By *ab_Sparkles OP   Woman  over a year ago

sparkle Surprised

Let's hope that they have been an brought brollies today

Apparently it would have been cheaper to temporarily move parliament out of the Palace of Westminster so repairs could be done quicker, but MP's voted for the more expensive option of having repairs conducted whilst the building remains in use

WTF!

Brexiters always looking to the past when the only destination available is the future.,

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

WTF!

Treason?

To spend a fraction of the money on a modern building instead of doing up a crumbling wreck?

Me thinks you do not understand the word treason.

» Add a new message to this topic