FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Would you vote in Euro Parliament election?

Would you vote in Euro Parliament election?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ara J OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

Unless Article 50 had been revoked, I really don't think I could be bothered.

It's one thing being forced to watch this pantomime; it's another to take part in it.

What do you think?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'll vote green

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

more so than I ever have - we need to take the EU elections seriously, if we send pratts like Farage & Gerrard Batten we almost deserve everything we’ve ended up with. Lets stop this from happening again!

"more so than I ever have - we need to take the EU elections seriously, if we send pratts like Farage & Gerrard Batten we almost deserve everything we’ve ended up with. Lets stop this from happening again! "

MEP's have naff all to do with Brexit, I won't be voting, never have and never will.

"I'll vote green "

I'd also vote green. There are bigger issues than the UK voting to destroy itself.

Chudleigh

"more so than I ever have - we need to take the EU elections seriously, if we send pratts like Farage & Gerrard Batten we almost deserve everything we’ve ended up with. Lets stop this from happening again!

MEP's have naff all to do with Brexit, I won't be voting, never have and never will. "

Farage had nothing to do with Brexit...?

"more so than I ever have - we need to take the EU elections seriously, if we send pratts like Farage & Gerrard Batten we almost deserve everything we’ve ended up with. Lets stop this from happening again!

MEP's have naff all to do with Brexit, I won't be voting, never have and never will.

Farage had nothing to do with Brexit...? "

Now we have the Brexit mess MEP's don't really figure do they?

By *iceguy_ls29Man  over a year ago

ilkley

Even for die hard leavers...

Voting in the EU elections wouldn’t preclude leaving later

But if we don’t vote in them, we are out

Personally , I’d be happy to vote in them

And I think they may well be scheduled alongside the upcoming local elections, so from a logistics point of view, eminently doable (if that’s a word)

By *andJane17Couple  over a year ago

york

Won’t be voting for European Elections.

If they put it to a 2nd public vote, I’d never vote in another election again.

What’s the point in voting and telling someone to do what you want and they decide they know better than you and vote their own way.

"Won’t be voting for European Elections.

If they put it to a 2nd public vote, I’d never vote in another election again.

What’s the point in voting and telling someone to do what you want and they decide they know better than you and vote their own way. "

In fairness, it was absolutely moronic of Cameron to say we could have a referendum on it in the first place. They were so desperate to grab some extra votes from the far right they'd do anything.

It should never have been put to the people.

york

Maybe so, but in doing so the public had their chance to vote and the majority voted to leave.

A second peoples choice with a remain option says we don’t like the initial result, have another go

It should have ave 2 options

1 leave with deal

2 leave no deal

Then the leavers still get their way.

"Maybe so, but in doing so the public had their chance to vote and the majority voted to leave.

A second peoples choice with a remain option says we don’t like the initial result, have another go

It should have ave 2 options

1 leave with deal

2 leave no deal

Then the leavers still get their way. "

Then we are leaving the fate of the country down to two shit options.

No deal shouldn't be on the table at all.

york

So what should be the options?

"So what should be the options?"

I'm not in favour of another referendum.

Bristol East

". . . eminently doable (if that’s a word)"

An oft-used expression on a swingers site, I imagine

By *G LanaTV/TS  over a year ago

Gosport

Yes I would vote, ideally for a Change UK candidate partly to make statement. If they haven't put someone up then it will probably be for a green.

I always vote in the eu elections as it might make a slight difference and not for a long time, since Tony Blair conned me into things can only get better, in the Parliament elections.

Where we are the tories have such a huge majority it really doesn’t matter what I do.

I also voted for proportional representation which would have made such a difference to our democracy if it had passsed and our parliamentary plonkers would have had an idea how to work together.

"I always vote in the eu elections as it might make a slight difference and not for a long time, since Tony Blair conned me into things can only get better, in the Parliament elections.

Where we are the tories have such a huge majority it really doesn’t matter what I do.

I also voted for proportional representation which would have made such a difference to our democracy if it had passsed and our parliamentary plonkers would have had an idea how to work together.

"

Just for some perspective according to Wikipedia only 19million voted, total for yes and no.

Sorry op didn’t mean to divert your thread.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Unless Article 50 had been revoked, I really don't think I could be bothered.

It's one thing being forced to watch this pantomime; it's another to take part in it.

What do you think?

"

Vote UKIP lol

By *uboCouple  over a year ago

East kilbride

In the initial vote, the majority of people had no idea what the implications would be by leaving. They were just happy enough to have the option to leave.

I think a 2nd vote would result in an about turn. Except here in Scotland where we voted overwhemingly to stay and would do so again.

Myself, i voted to leave, i also voted to leave the UK in the Indi ref

"In the initial vote, the majority of people had no idea what the implications would be by leaving. They were just happy enough to have the option to leave.

I think a 2nd vote would result in an about turn. Except here in Scotland where we voted overwhemingly to stay and would do so again.

Myself, i voted to leave, i also voted to leave the UK in the Indi ref "

I disagree. We knew exactly what would happen if Farage, Rees Mogg etc won. And its currently happening.

All the information was available. People chose not to pay attention and voted on emotion, and fears which have been whipped up by the media for years and years.

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

If things change of course I will vote, only an idiot does not vote!

Just think if the 27 or so % of those entitled to vote had done so in the referendum many of the arguments we are having now would be redundant.

The blame for the mess we are in (be it brexit or the present government) is shared between those who voted for the mess and those who couldn't be bothered equally.

Bristol East

Interesting to see the turn-out for the Newport West by-election.

37 %

A lot of people obviously could not be bothered.

(Labour hold, btw, in a Leave constituency)

If we end up taking part in them I sure as hell will be putting my mark against the most Anti-EU candidate possible.

Farage has been urging the EU to veto any extensions to article 50 by suggesting that the UK taking part in EU elections will result in Euro-sceptic MEP's, like him, being returned and Brexit dominating EU business.

I think he may have a point

Bristol East

Brexit won't dominate EU business.

That's not the concern.

The worry is its effect on the appointment of the new EC president and commissioners in the summer.

There is a new process in place, based partly on the results of the preceding European Parliament elections and partly on the votes of the Council of Ministers.

So a new President and Commissioners could be appointed in the summer, their legitimacy drawn in part from the UK election results, then the UK departs, leaving a legal void in the legitimacy of those appointments.

It risks a legal mess.

"If we end up taking part in them I sure as hell will be putting my mark against the most Anti-EU candidate possible.

Farage has been urging the EU to veto any extensions to article 50 by suggesting that the UK taking part in EU elections will result in Euro-sceptic MEP's, like him, being returned and Brexit dominating EU business.

I think he may have a point"

This kind of attitude is partly why we’re in this mess in the first place.

Farage was a joke as an MEP, why anyone would vote for this moron is beyond me.

Why not vote for someone constructive who might have a positive influence. Like a green candidate?

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

[Removed by poster at 05/04/19 15:25:31]

Widnes

I'll definitely be voting in the European Elections, which, if they happen, will be on 23rd May.

I would urge all Remainers to vote in this election and to vote for pro-EU, anti-BREXIT parties. These are Greens, LibDems, ChangeUK, Plaid Cymru and (I never thought 3 years ago I'd ever say this) SNP. I would not recommend voting Labour and definitely don't vote Conservative. While either of the two main parties have Leaving the EU in their manifestoes any vote for them will be claimed as a vote for BREXIT, as has been from the general election of 2017 (according to Leave 80% of UK voters support BREXIT because 80% of voters voted for parties that supported BREXIT in their manifesto).

I know some traditional Labour voters may balk at voting LibDem or Green but remember these are Euro-Elections, so what better way to show your support for the EU and opposition to BREXIT than by voting for parties that are committed to our future remaining in the EU. You can still vote Labour in the local elections at the start of May and in the General Election which will inevitably follow, especially if BREXIT is halted. The best way to stop BREXIT is to vote to stop it in the Euro-Elections and that's by voting Green, LibDem, ChangeUK, Plaid Cymru or SNP.

"I'll vote green "

I was going to vote green but I'm going for the communist party instead, as left as the green party but with none of the eating beans nonsense!

By *ak777Man  over a year ago

shaw

what is the point the politicians don,t listen.

"If we end up taking part in them I sure as hell will be putting my mark against the most Anti-EU candidate possible.

Why not vote for someone constructive who might have a positive influence. Like a green candidate?"

A positive influence .

Do you do children's parties as well?.

By *bi_AstrayTV/TS  over a year ago

Plymouth

"more so than I ever have - we need to take the EU elections seriously, if we send pratts like Farage & Gerrard Batten we almost deserve everything we’ve ended up with. Lets stop this from happening again! "

Yes I'm with this, more important now than ever before not to fill the European Parliament with a bunch of kippers

By *ess n BenCouple  over a year ago

Didcot

What’s the point no one takes any notice see the EU are now wanting to impose on us that we have to do away with the clocks going forward / back

Why not vote for someone constructive who might have a positive influence. Like a green candidate?.

A positive influence .

"

I meant as opposed to UKIP with their policy of not showing up, and just generally saying "no" a lot and you know, generally being negative creeps.

At least the greens have an agenda other than just trying to make rich people even richer.

Widnes

Yes I'm with this, more important now than ever before not to fill the European Parliament with a bunch of kippers "

The only way to ensure that we don't get a bunch of kippers; whether they're UKIP kippers, Fararge's BREXIT Party kippers, Conservative kippers or even Labour kippers; is to vote for pro-EU anti-BREXIT parties such as Green, LibDem, ChangeUK, Plaid Cymru or SNP.

They're Euro-Elections so vote for parties that actually support our future in Europe and while you're at it send a message to the others saying how much we don't want BREXIT and don't want kippers to represent us there either.

Of course you sholud vote, it is your right and imho duty, and you should vote for a party that isnt tainted by Brexit if you can.....and try to keep the UKIP and Tommy (that’s not my name) Robinson thugs and bully boys out of the EU parliament. Do the right thing people!!!

"What’s the point no one takes any notice see the EU are now wanting to impose on us that we have to do away with the clocks going forward / back"

God I hope we no longer have to alter the clocks.It was only started during the war to increase productivity.Its a ridiculous thing to do .Another good reason to stay in the EU then.

I would vote for any of them as long as it was against a UKIP candidate

Why not vote for someone constructive who might have a positive influence. Like a green candidate?.

A positive influence .

I meant as opposed to UKIP with their policy of not showing up, and just generally saying "no" a lot and you know, generally being negative creeps.

At least the greens have an agenda other than just trying to make rich people even richer."

. making everybody poor, now that's green equality

"What’s the point no one takes any notice see the EU are now wanting to impose on us that we have to do away with the clocks going forward / back

God I hope we no longer have to alter the clocks.It was only started during the war to increase productivity.Its a ridiculous thing to do .Another good reason to stay in the EU then. "

Are you still living in 1945?.

All my clocks have altered themselves for like ten years

"I would vote for any of them as long as it was against a UKIP candidate "

Sensible...

I read on Facebook there's a geezer called Enoch that's been right all along, don't know if he/she is a green,maybe worth looking into him/her .

A positive influence .

At least the greens have an agenda other than just trying to make rich people even richer.. making everybody poor, now that's green equality "

Quality contribution

Widnes

"What’s the point no one takes any notice see the EU are now wanting to impose on us that we have to do away with the clocks going forward / back

God I hope we no longer have to alter the clocks.It was only started during the war to increase productivity.Its a ridiculous thing to do .Another good reason to stay in the EU then. "

And it was the Germans, in WW1, that first started it.

Widnes

"I would vote for any of them as long as it was against a UKIP candidate "

It's a PR system, not FPTP, for Euro-Elections. You don't have to vote against anyone. Just voting for the party you actually want is a vote against the ones you don't. BREXITERS are going to do this. You have to do the same if want to send a no BREXIT message so vote for either Green, LibDem, Plaid Cymru or SNP. Done properly this could be as good as a 3rd BREXIT referendum. If pro-EU parties sweep the board then BREXIT is as good as dead.

"If things change of course I will vote, only an idiot does not vote!

"

So if you feel voting on something will not really affect your day to day life and you have no preferences then you're an idiot?

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"Unless Article 50 had been revoked, I really don't think I could be bothered.

What do you think?

"

It might be a good idea as a faux referendum on if we people want to leave or remain.

Would be interesting

Chudleigh

Or even better, lets have a proper one, with legal ramifications for all that attempt to lie and deceive - at the very least ERG, BJ and Farage would have a lot less to say...

Gloucestershire

"Or even better, lets have a proper one, with legal ramifications for all that attempt to lie and deceive - at the very least ERG, BJ and Farage would have a lot less to say... "

I doubt another referendum will happen, confirmation vote on a brexit deal perhaps.

Best to show who you support in the elections! Local and european.

Chudleigh

"Or even better, lets have a proper one, with legal ramifications for all that attempt to lie and deceive - at the very least ERG, BJ and Farage would have a lot less to say...

I doubt another referendum will happen, confirmation vote on a brexit deal perhaps.

Best to show who you support in the elections! Local and european."

Agreed, we need to take the EU elections seriously for a change - it was very funny Jacob Rees Mogg getting roasted today for saying we would use our veto and power in the EU to stop them doing anything - it kinda shows the lie in all of the “UK doesn’t have any influence”, more and more wheels falling off the Brexit wagon

By *losguygl3Man  over a year ago

Gloucester

I have always voted in the European Elections and fully intend to vote in the next ones. It will be for an anti-Brexit party.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

If it stopped any ukip rep from draining more of our money from the EU, then I would

Gloucestershire

[Removed by poster at 05/04/19 19:31:19]

Gloucestershire

"I have always voted in the European Elections and fully intend to vote in the next ones. It will be for an anti-Brexit party."

Sorry but the SNP don’t poll down here

Gloucestershire

"If it stopped any ukip rep from draining more of our money from the EU, then I would"

I would class anyone who votes UKIP now since batten and tommy robinson are in, as racists, pure and simple.

Its changed beyond recognition now. It used to be different many years now.

Bristol East

"If it stopped any ukip rep from draining more of our money from the EU, then I would

I would class anyone who votes UKIP now since batten and tommy robinson are in, as racists, pure and simple.

"

it's the far right wearing a shirt and tie

By *wosmilersCouple  over a year ago

Heathrowish

"If it stopped any ukip rep from draining more of our money from the EU, then I would

it's the far right wearing a shirt and tie

"

Black perhaps?

"

I honestly don’t get where the far right draw their lines. Farage’s and Robinson’s philosophies are a gnats pube apart.

I honestly don’t get where the far right draw their lines. Farage’s and Robinson’s philosophies are a gnats pube apart."

There right up there with Islam and gangster rap.

Theres just no helping there followers.

I honestly don’t get where the far right draw their lines. Farage’s and Robinson’s philosophies are a gnats pube apart..

There right up there with Islam and gangster rap.

Theres just no helping there followers."

NWA had some banging tunes.

"If it stopped any ukip rep from draining more of our money from the EU, then I would"

That is very true lol

Bristol East

Just read a tweet from the Scarborough branch of UKIP:

"VAT is a EU tax we can scrap. Imagine that, an extra 20 per cent in your pocket."

Do people still fall for these falsehoods?

"Just read a tweet from the Scarborough branch of UKIP:

"VAT is a EU tax we can scrap. Imagine that, an extra 20 per cent in your pocket."

Do people still fall for these falsehoods?"

To be replaced with "Purchase Tax" which is what we had before VAT!

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"Just read a tweet from the Scarborough branch of UKIP:

Do people still fall for these falsehoods?"

I think enough - or too many - still do. People also dislike changing their views

» Add a new message to this topic