FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Brits have to renew their passports to travel in the eu

Brits have to renew their passports to travel in the eu

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

It is advised that brits renew their passports as it could be a big risk that they can be prevented to enter eu countries if uk fails to secure a deal, which is more than likely, whats your view?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Have you renewed yours?

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

No.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

I don't understand this.

If you have, say. five years left on your passport, why would you want to trade it in for a new one at a cost of £70-odd?

salisbury

"I don't understand this.

If you have, say. five years left on your passport, why would you want to trade it in for a new one at a cost of £70-odd?

"

Yes that is right.

Bristol East

"

Yes that is right. "

Is the OP on commission?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I renewed mine last summer .I assume it'll valid for the next 9 years.

Will EU travellers to the UK have to renew theirs? Will folks living on the EU side of the Irish border have to flash their new passports everytime they pop to the North for cheaper health care and unleaded petrol?....

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"Will EU travellers to the UK have to renew theirs? Will folks living on the EU side of the Irish border have to flash their new passports everytime they pop to the North for cheaper health care and unleaded petrol?...."

No we won't, we're not the ones leaving the EU.

salisbury

"Will EU travellers to the UK have to renew theirs? Will folks living on the EU side of the Irish border have to flash their new passports everytime they pop to the North for cheaper health care and unleaded petrol?...."

Cheaper health care? How does that work?

Bristol East

Most EU citizens rely on their national ID cards rather than passports to move between member states.

If Brexit is hard, they'll need passports in future.

You don’t have to renew you’re passport early only when it runs out, yet more scare tactics

I don’t want the uk to leave but somehow I think we will be forced to eventually

Think advice that's going round now is that if your passport has less than 6 months validity then you need to renew...

Bristol East

That's always been the advice, as far as I understand it. Nothing has changed that I know of.

What is changing is the rules of entry to the Schengen Zone.

Nothing to do with Brexit and everything to do with the EU response to atrocities in Belgium, France and Spain to tighten up the perimeter.

"Will EU travellers to the UK have to renew theirs? Will folks living on the EU side of the Irish border have to flash their new passports everytime they pop to the North for cheaper health care and unleaded petrol?....

No we won't, we're not the ones leaving the EU. "

That is right

A very good point!

Both the UK and Rep of Ireland are not in schengen, although there is an agreement between UK/Ireland so that is difficult. An Irish citizen no, an EU citizen yes they should be stopped, but then you have an open border so who knows?(GFA).

With regards to health cover, again you have the bilateral agreement so Irish can get treatment? The NHS for whatever reason have not asked for insurance details of foreign nationals being treated, so who's fault is that? Most EU countries ask up front for this information, maybe the UK could learn from that?

Bristol East

" Most EU countries ask up front for this information, maybe the UK could learn from that?"

Recovering costs from foreign nationals and their domestic arrangement requires administrators to process claims.

And we know what some people think about administrators in the NHS!

"Get rid of them and hire more matrons," they scream.

So then they want nurses to do the administration instead of nursing.

Meanwhile, the people working in the NHS just want to make people better . . .

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

Oh no ..the world will end soon

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"It is advised that brits renew their passports as it could be a big risk that they can be prevented to enter eu countries if uk fails to secure a deal, which is more than likely, whats your view? "

Of couse! If your do not renew your passport you will barred from travelling anywhere!, duh!

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

wont be renewing mine havent been to europe since i lived in spain 10+ years ago.been everywhere i want to go in europe.like traveling further afield these days puru or boliva my nxt trip

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I've not seen this news/advice but certainly UK passport holders should be aware that their passport expiry date will now be significant upon their entry into other EU countries. Currently, if your passport is valid, you are permitted to enter. When the UK is no longer an EU country, we should prepare to have a minimum of 6 months passport validity from when we enter the EU.

"I've not seen this news/advice but certainly UK passport holders should be aware that their passport expiry date will now be significant upon their entry into other EU countries. Currently, if your passport is valid, you are permitted to enter. When the UK is no longer an EU country, we should prepare to have a minimum of 6 months passport validity from when we enter the EU."
Yes, it was on the news few weeks ago.

By *uxinteriorMan  over a year ago

south west , continental

My passport will be valid until its due to be replaced. Utter scare tactic.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"I don't understand this.

"

You do not it is only of only six momnhs left which you have allways been advised to do,I allways renew mine six months early did mine two months ago.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"I've not seen this news/advice but certainly UK passport holders should be aware that their passport expiry date will now be significant upon their entry into other EU countries. Currently, if your passport is valid, you are permitted to enter. When the UK is no longer an EU country, we should prepare to have a minimum of 6 months passport validity from when we enter the EU."
This has always been advised

"I've not seen this news/advice but certainly UK passport holders should be aware that their passport expiry date will now be significant upon their entry into other EU countries. Currently, if your passport is valid, you are permitted to enter. When the UK is no longer an EU country, we should prepare to have a minimum of 6 months passport validity from when we enter the EU.This has always been advised"

Another Brexit "benefit"?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"I've not seen this news/advice but certainly UK passport holders should be aware that their passport expiry date will now be significant upon their entry into other EU countries. Currently, if your passport is valid, you are permitted to enter. When the UK is no longer an EU country, we should prepare to have a minimum of 6 months passport validity from when we enter the EU.This has always been advised"

It has been permitted to travel in the EU with a passport that held any validity - travel to the EU will in future be similar to UK passport holders needing longer validity durations for many non-EU countries that we travel to.

» Add a new message to this topic