FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > May is working with corbyn

May is working with corbyn

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

To find a solution, how do you think the partnership will go? I think it will go ok, but with a bumpy start to start with

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

I think it will go badly as the lot of them are playing politics with each other rather than getting on with the job at hand.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"I think it will go badly as the lot of them are playing politics with each other rather than getting on with the job at hand."

This..

And its been they're way for too long when common sense tells anyone that with a vote as lose as it was there needed to be a coalition to sort this out..

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"I think it will go badly as the lot of them are playing politics with each other rather than getting on with the job at hand.

This..

And its been they're way for too long when common sense tells anyone that with a vote as lose as it was there needed to be a coalition to sort this out.. "

Yes it will be interesting to see what plan they are going to come up with as both are remainers

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

Mrs May spent 2.5 years trying to cook up an exit deal to satisfy Conservative and DUP MPs, and failed.

She isn’t going to cook up anything new in 2.5 days talking to Labour.

The Conservative Party owns this fiasco, and I’m sure Labour wants to keep it that way.

The way to avoid any contamination spread from a compromise deal is to pit it back to the people.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

They wont agree and with a bit of luck we crash out Friday and May quits by Monday morning

Bristol East

My money is on May and Corbyn dueting for Britain in the Eurovision Song Contest next month.

I’m sure you fab Fabbers could come up with an appropriate song.

“Should I Stay Or Should I Go” by the Clash?

By *ovelifelovefuntimesMan  over a year ago

Where ever I lay my hat

A tough one given her "deal" is not up for discussion and all roads lead to the political declaration. All a fudge and designed to appeal to the EU that the new plan is cross party consensus to allow a further extension. They will posture a bit but will agree and then we end up in limbo. In the meantime we have a quasi referendum called the EU elections and watch the ensuing carnage.

By *oAnCouple  over a year ago

Wandsworth

[Removed by poster at 08/04/19 17:05:18]

By *oAnCouple  over a year ago

Wandsworth

Won't work, but May is just using it to get an extension but what I think will happen is that Macron/Merkel will say to May it's no deal or stay, that it, will force May into staying as

1. House of Commons said "no deal" is not acceptable

2. Merkel/Macron will make "no deal" so bad with a no-free trade deal talk not on the table in the foreseeable future etc that May will fold.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

only reason shes talking to him is wen article 50 gets revoked she can lay some of the blame on him.watever happens gona be intresting at the e.u elections and the soon to be GE.no one will win a majority and i expect the country will be divided even further.rough times ahead is my guess.on the bright side i think its the end for a lot of m.ps on all sides

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

All I see is a last ditch effort to somehow blame the Tory BREXIT fiasco on Labour.

Watching the ERG types froth about it is mildly amusing though.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

"All I see is a last ditch effort to somehow blame the Tory BREXIT fiasco on Labour.

Watching the ERG types froth about it is mildly amusing though."

she wont be able to lay the whole blame on labour but only reason she talking to him is so she can spread it around a bit

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

"They wont agree and with a bit of luck we crash out Friday and May quits by Monday morning"

Well that might be luck, but it would be phenomenally bad luck. She would have a much better legacy if she just Revoked Article 50 - most of the country would breath easy and we could get on with our lives

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

May can't be trusted and is trying to stall as well as shoulder the blame for her patty's total mess.

She is rigid and her lack of flexibility will I hope leave him to walk out. She has only been flexible with her hard right extremists and is only working for the benefit of her party, not the country

By *heislanderMan  over a year ago

cheshunt

"They wont agree and with a bit of luck we crash out Friday and May quits by Monday morning

Well that might be luck, but it would be phenomenally bad luck. She would have a much better legacy if she just Revoked Article 50 - most of the country would breath easy and we could get on with our lives "

“Most of the country” what do you base that on?

Bristol East

28 MPs have now quit the ERG apparently.

The great dream of Empire 2.0 crumbles a little more.

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

sold down the river ....

Chudleigh

"They wont agree and with a bit of luck we crash out Friday and May quits by Monday morning

Well that might be luck, but it would be phenomenally bad luck. She would have a much better legacy if she just Revoked Article 50 - most of the country would breath easy and we could get on with our lives

“Most of the country” what do you base that on? "

Pretty much based on all the polls being done on peoples views today, also the likes of Peter Orborne (Mail) not just changing his mind but explaining it in detail so that other Leavers can also see the futility of Brexit. And of course only 37% of the voting population actually voted in the first place, so I’m pretty sure that number would be a lot lower now.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Pretty much based on all the polls being done on peoples views today, also the likes of Peter Orborne (Mail) not just changing his mind but explaining it in detail so that other Leavers can also see the futility of Brexit. And of course only 37% of the voting population actually voted in the first place, so I’m pretty sure that number would be a lot lower now. "

Quite right!

You hear leave quoting 17.4m but actually the country is 66m! The point being 1.4m are determining the future of our country!

Newbury

Pretty much based on all the polls being done on peoples views today, also the likes of Peter Orborne (Mail) not just changing his mind but explaining it in detail so that other Leavers can also see the futility of Brexit. And of course only 37% of the voting population actually voted in the first place, so I’m pretty sure that number would be a lot lower now.

Quite right!

You hear leave quoting 17.4m but actually the country is 66m! The point being 1.4m are determining the future of our country! "

I do love this particular brand of straw clutching by remainers. Those who didn't vote don't have a say. They could have had a say.... by voting.

The only assumption it is fair to make about them is that they don't care either way.

Trying to co-opt them into the remain camp reminds me of the Tory "silent majority" line....

Newbury

Pretty much based on all the polls being done on peoples views today, also the likes of Peter Orborne (Mail) not just changing his mind but explaining it in detail so that other Leavers can also see the futility of Brexit. And of course only 37% of the voting population actually voted in the first place, so I’m pretty sure that number would be a lot lower now. "

The fact that remainers are now championing the likes of Peter Oborne says quite a lot about them if you ask me.

I don't think Oborne has ever been troubled by morals or principles either.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"

I do love this particular brand of straw clutching by remainers. Those who didn't vote don't have a say. They could have had a say.... by voting."

The best part about this is that one of the biggest leave supporters on this forum who always boasts about brexit, etc, didn't vote, so you're saying he has no say? Or that's fine because he supports the thing you voted for?

upton wirral

"I think it will go badly as the lot of them are playing politics with each other rather than getting on with the job at hand."

upton wirral

Well that might be luck, but it would be phenomenally bad luck. She would have a much better legacy if she just Revoked Article 50 - most of the country would breath easy and we could get on with our lives "

Most of the country voted out so why would they be pleased?

Chudleigh

Well that might be luck, but it would be phenomenally bad luck. She would have a much better legacy if she just Revoked Article 50 - most of the country would breath easy and we could get on with our lives Most of the country voted out so why would they be pleased?"

Only 26% of the population and 37% of the voting population voted to leave - it kind of explains why it is such a mess, there is not a majority wanting to change

By *rMrsWestMidsCouple  over a year ago

Dudley

Well that might be luck, but it would be phenomenally bad luck. She would have a much better legacy if she just Revoked Article 50 - most of the country would breath easy and we could get on with our lives Most of the country voted out so why would they be pleased?

Only 26% of the population and 37% of the voting population voted to leave - it kind of explains why it is such a mess, there is not a majority wanting to change"

Even less voted to remain, so there was no majority to keep things the same by your way of thinking!

By *rMrsWestMidsCouple  over a year ago

Dudley

Quite right!

You hear leave quoting 17.4m but actually the country is 66m! The point being 1.4m are determining the future of our country! "

As you well know all 66 million are not entitled to vote, more voters wanted to leave than wanted to stay, surely you are intelligent enough to understand that!

Chudleigh

Well that might be luck, but it would be phenomenally bad luck. She would have a much better legacy if she just Revoked Article 50 - most of the country would breath easy and we could get on with our lives Most of the country voted out so why would they be pleased?

Only 26% of the population and 37% of the voting population voted to leave - it kind of explains why it is such a mess, there is not a majority wanting to change

Even less voted to remain, so there was no majority to keep things the same by your way of thinking! "

I was responding to the suggestion that ‘the majority of the country voted to Leave’, they clearly didn’t. I did not say the opposite was true either, but as you ask, it is normal practice in significant votes to not lie, not cheat and to expect the majority to be significant to avoid problems like we have now. Farage recognised that a 52:48 win for Remain wouldn’t be the end of his campaign, so as I’m sure you understand Remainers feel the same.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"May can't be trusted and is trying to stall as well as shoulder the blame for her patty's total mess.

She is rigid and her lack of flexibility will I hope leave him to walk out. She has only been flexible with her hard right extremists and is only working for the benefit of her party, not the country "

I see that she's doing as predicted, by not offering any flexibility. Apparently lowering standards after Brexit is important, so this flexibility is the most important for the conservatives

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

“Most of the country” what do you base that on? "

the re_oaner theory of course. Dummies at the ready

Chudleigh

“Most of the country” what do you base that on? the re_oaner theory of course. Dummies at the ready"

Lets put it to a vote and ask them

Bristol East

Thing is, global trade is dominated by three blocs - the USA, the EU and China.

If you're not making the rules, you're following the rules of one of them.

The idea Britain is going to forge some new set rules for the world to follow . . . well, that's just nonsense really.

The reality is countries align themselves with their largest trading partners, which tends to be the ones closest to you.

Labour's policy at least keeps us aligned with our largest trading partner and leverages the negotiating clout of the world's largest trade bloc.

Just like Norway, which operates a huge lobbying presence in Brussels to influence the Commission.

Unless the Conservative Party drop their red lines - and this crazy idea that a $3tn economy will get better deals around the world than a $20 tn economy - these talks are just a fig leaf.

The Tories have paused the self-destruct button, but seem totally incapable of going into reverse gear and removing their red lines.

Until they do, Labour would be wise to let the Tories retain ownership of this shambles.

» Add a new message to this topic