FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Should Remainers foot the bill?

Should Remainers foot the bill?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

When we leave the EU there's still the issue of the £39b that's owed to the EU due to previous agreements, money which we won't see a return on however due to the UK making it clear it wants nothing to do with any EU improvements schemes, so in this instance for Leavers would you be happy if this bill was put on Remainers to pay more tax over the years to clear the bill BUT in exchange all Remainers get to keep some freedoms such as freedom of travel and ability to live in other EU countries.

Just curious on views with issues like this really, play nice.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Leaving or staying the uk still has commitments that were signed up to the same as the other 27 members.

Just like any contracts the UK is obliged to honour its commitment to any agreements that it was involved in setting up and agreeing to.

"When we leave the EU there's still the issue of the £39b that's owed to the EU due to previous agreements, money which we won't see a return on however due to the UK making it clear it wants nothing to do with any EU improvements schemes, so in this instance for Leavers would you be happy if this bill was put on Remainers to pay more tax over the years to clear the bill BUT in exchange all Remainers get to keep some freedoms such as freedom of travel and ability to live in other EU countries.

Just curious on views with issues like this really, play nice. "

Do you understand what the £39 billion actually is for?

By *ave 42Man  over a year ago

pontefract

"When we leave the EU there's still the issue of the £39b that's owed to the EU due to previous agreements, money which we won't see a return on however due to the UK making it clear it wants nothing to do with any EU improvements schemes, so in this instance for Leavers would you be happy if this bill was put on Remainers to pay more tax over the years to clear the bill BUT in exchange all Remainers get to keep some freedoms such as freedom of travel and ability to live in other EU countries.

Will play nice

Seeing as they think more of the eu than their own country maybe some of the money could be used to pay for the remainers to move abroad. Lol

Will play nice

Seeing as they think more of the eu than their own country maybe some of the money could be used to pay for the remainers to move abroad. Lol

"

A relocation package to the costa del sol.I like the sound of that .A nice villa in the sun.Sat round the pool with a g&t.

How much would you think they'd offer me to fuck off and leave the country to proper patriots

Is it not such a pity that those who voted to leave have yet to work out what it is they actually voted for.

Is it leave and no deal, customs deal a Norwegian style deal, perhaps some bespoke arrangement ????

"Whatever it is or was it should all have been agreed before article 50 was enacted.......So we have ended up with this mess, Maybe the leavers should be compensating the rest of us for causing this complete and utter balls up....

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Remain supporting citizens, which may be different to voting record, are likely owed compensation. Certain high profile politicians for leave misled voters with significant lies, whilst wealthy donors paid for people to be illegally duped, via illegal campaign activities. The millionaires aren't interested in anyone but themselves - you little people are the enablers, helping them get more money and power, including at your cost.

A few people voted Theresa May in, as the latest incompetent conservative leader. She has squandered opportunity and huge amounts of your cash. This could have funded the NHS better than the dim-witted bus believing adverts created.

Leave proponents are not patriotic, wanting to flush the country down the pan, driving standards and the economy down. £Billions have been invested in the EU, giving trade deals with dozens of countries, which leavers want to harm you and your family by cutting you off from those benefits that you had paid to get.

A huge debt is accrued by leavers, conservative, Ukip and Brexit parties. It will cost you for the rest of your life

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

It's a tax then ...just another one

Oh just suck it up and weep, like all taxes.

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

What a strange question! Surely this cost, the £66bn reduction in GDP over the past 3 years and for arguments sake £22bn a year for the next 10 years - total £325bn should be funded by Brexiteers, I make that £19,000 from each voter

By *rMrsWestMidsCouple  over a year ago

Dudley

Will play nice

A relocation package to the costa del sol.I like the sound of that .A nice villa in the sun.Sat round the pool with a g&t.

How much would you think they'd offer me to fuck off and leave the country to proper patriots "

I'm sure we could scrap together £1 to compensate you for your loss of earnings! Lol

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

"

It would create two classes of citizens - one with the rights of EU citizenship and one without.

Rather than expect Remainder to opt-in, why don't Leavers opt-out?

The rules of the EU would permit the UK to opt-out the territories of England and Wales from EU treaties, while the territories of Scotland and Northern Ireland remain in the EU.

By *r Kipling tart fillerMan  over a year ago

Tart filling facility

Surprised to see some remainders here, most of the ones I spoke to now deny it.

How about they pay the EU a 40% nominal weekly tax, they'll get a 5 quid voucher back each week to spend wherever the EU sees fit. In return they can accommodate some extra people and junker can tell them how to live?

Lots of repeats of the propaganda in this thread, how many posters are guardian readers?

By *rMrsWestMidsCouple  over a year ago

Dudley

Will play nice

How much would you think they'd offer me to fuck off and leave the country to proper patriots

I'm sure we could scrap together £1 to compensate you for your loss of earnings! Lol "

Scrape! Lol

"

It would create two classes of citizens - one with the rights of EU citizenship and one without.

The rules of the EU would permit the UK to opt-out the territories of England and Wales from EU treaties, while the territories of Scotland and Northern Ireland remain in the EU.

"

That would be great .We could tattoo all leavers with a bar code so they've got some skin in the game.The true patriots wouldn't complain it'll be a badge of honour..

By *ave 42Man  over a year ago

pontefract

[Removed by poster at 14/04/19 07:26:31]

"Surprised to see some remainders here, most of the ones I spoke to now deny it.

How about they pay the EU a 40% nominal weekly tax, they'll get a 5 quid voucher back each week to spend wherever the EU sees fit. In return they can accommodate some extra people and junker can tell them how to live?

Lots of repeats of the propaganda in this thread, how many posters are guardian readers?"

I see the quality of posts are still on the up

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

"When we leave the EU there's still the issue of the £39b that's owed to the EU due to previous agreements, money which we won't see a return on however due to the UK making it clear it wants nothing to do with any EU improvements schemes, so in this instance for Leavers would you be happy if this bill was put on Remainers to pay more tax over the years to clear the bill BUT in exchange all Remainers get to keep some freedoms such as freedom of travel and ability to live in other EU countries.k

Will play nice

How much would you think they'd offer me to fuck off and leave the country to proper patriots "

ewwww costa del sol no thanks run by russian gangsters now got few friends left out there cant shift there homes and unless ya wana work in the tourist industry not much other work to be had was going down hill when i came back to the uk

"When we leave the EU there's still the issue of the £39b that's owed to the EU due to previous agreements, money which we won't see a return on however due to the UK making it clear it wants nothing to do with any EU improvements schemes, so in this instance for Leavers would you be happy if this bill was put on Remainers to pay more tax over the years to clear the bill BUT in exchange all Remainers get to keep some freedoms such as freedom of travel and ability to live in other EU countries.k

Will play nice

ewwww costa del sol no thanks run by russian gangsters now got few friends left out there cant shift there homes and unless ya wana work in the tourist industry not much other work to be had was going down hill when i came back to the uk"

The Russians aren't so bad we've made Britain their destination of choice for laundering dirty money through the housing market.Ive worked for a few and they pay very well.

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

"

"

I think it is unfair to split is at Quasi National boundaries, I’m pretty sure Hampshire would be happy to stay & London, pretty much the whole of the Thames Valley and I’m sure quite a few other regions...

"Leaving or staying the uk still has commitments that were signed up to the same as the other 27 members.

Just like any contracts the UK is obliged to honour its commitment to any agreements that it was involved in setting up and agreeing to.

"

100% correct, and just imagine, the UK reneging on that, would do untold damage to the nation's reputation!

Send us some of the good one. You can keep all the people who voted leave.

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

How does it work with things like EU standards for food standards, or animal welfare or workers rights? Do we have to ask each cow before it is slaughtered their view on the EU beforehand, to ensure that 'patriotic cows' that voted to leave don't require such red tape and nonsense about their welfare in the process? Will we have some kind of Red Tractor-type scheme so that leavers can make sure they are only eating patriotically slaughtered cows? Oh! I know, how about maybe like Halal? I'm sure most leavers would be up for that, right?

-Matt

» Add a new message to this topic