FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > The unofficial Referendum aka european elections

The unofficial Referendum aka european elections

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *bernath OP   Couple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

So its a three-way!

On leave is

Nigel Farage’s Brexit Party featuring anne widdecome

BNPKIP formerly Nigel farage’s UKIP

In the centre (but not by choice!)

The cuntservatives

The lame ass party

And in remain corner

The europhile party aka lib dems

The tree hugging brigade aka the greens

So which one you going to vote for?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

Really can't be bothered to even vote. It,s a farce.

By *ess n BenCouple  over a year ago

Didcot

Had enough of all this brexit crap so will not be voting

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Had enough of all this brexit crap so will not be voting "
Will be voting for Farage Brexit party.The leave vote will get split between them and UKIP sadly but there total vote should prove a point

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

I'll probably be voting LibDem but will consider voting ChangeUK.

It's important and essential that all those who oppose BREXIT vote and vote for either LibDem, ChangeUK, Green, Plaid Cymru or SNP. If you can figure out which one is most likely to gain an extra seat, and you have no particular preference between them, vote for that one. If we get enough Remain votes, and the more of those Remain we can turn into seats the better, we can stop BREXIT once and for all.

These are Euro Elections and the most important issue, possibly the only real issue, is should we keep our rightful place in Europe in the EU or give up our say and control over our future and Leave. In these Euro Elections nothing else really matters.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's a real shame that MEP's are meant to be voted in to look out for our country while we're in the European Union and work for the national interests while so many vote to reduce our influence and standing by voting for idiots who only want to burn the house down.

Gloucestershire

"So its a three-way!

On leave is

Nigel Farage’s Brexit Party featuring anne widdecome

BNPKIP formerly Nigel farage’s UKIP

In the centre (but not by choice!)

The cuntservatives

The lame ass party

And in remain corner

The europhile party aka lib dems

The tree hugging brigade aka the greens

So which one you going to vote for? "

Oh yeah forgot about change uk aka the non conforming, conformist part.

Huggers.

By *xperimentalistMan  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

"Huggers. "

I respect the trees too much to hug them without their permission, but they never respond to my requests

I will vote for whomever I think will do a good a good job representing the UK in the EU. Even if its a leave party if they intend to take the role seriously then and have an ethos I agree with, I have no qualms voting for them. Tho I suspect no such party will exist and leave parties wi major on disruption

Gloucestershire

"I will vote for whomever I think will do a good a good job representing the UK in the EU. Even if its a leave party if they intend to take the role seriously then and have an ethos I agree with, I have no qualms voting for them. Tho I suspect no such party will exist and leave parties wi major on disruption "

If it did exist would be called the flying unicorn farting rainbows party?

By *xperimentalistMan  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

"I will vote for whomever I think will do a good a good job representing the UK in the EU. Even if its a leave party if they intend to take the role seriously then and have an ethos I agree with, I have no qualms voting for them. Tho I suspect no such party will exist and leave parties wi major on disruption

If it did exist would be called the flying unicorn farting rainbows party? "

I remember the yogic flying party, but not the flying unicorn one

Definitely not Robinson or Farage!!!

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Out of the ops list, it would be Green.

I vote for what is good for most people, in my opinion. An elected representative who doesn't intend to perform their role and responsibilities appropriately should be abhorrent to all, whatever their political leaning. I'm insufficiently acquainted with the local candidates atm but it can't be brexit reps.

Gloucestershire

"Out of the ops list, it would be Green.

I vote for what is good for most people, in my opinion. An elected representative who doesn't intend to perform their role and responsibilities appropriately should be abhorrent to all, whatever their political leaning. I'm insufficiently acquainted with the local candidates atm but it can't be brexit reps. "

It’s true you’d want a ray pattison but you’ll end up with homer simpson as waste commissioner.

The simpson season 9 episode 22 - trash of the titans a good lesson in how we normally elect our leaders.

Gloucestershire

An example in promises

https://youtu.be/iZ7lGA27wAw

I Will vote brexit party, or spoil the ballot

I love how people voting Brexit party are essentially guaranteeing Farage another EU pension, safe EU salary and locked down EU benefits and he doesn't have to do jack shit! He certainly knows how to play his crowd.

"I love how people voting Brexit party are essentially guaranteeing Farage another EU pension, safe EU salary and locked down EU benefits and he doesn't have to do jack shit! He certainly knows how to play his crowd. "

Wi take the pension. Yet comlkain about the divorce bill

"I love how people voting Brexit party are essentially guaranteeing Farage another EU pension, safe EU salary and locked down EU benefits and he doesn't have to do jack shit! He certainly knows how to play his crowd. "

Yes he keeps saying he is anti EU but is quite happy to get payed for hardly ever turning up

Gloucestershire

Looks like there might not be an EU election there might be an agreement.

By *he machinistMan  over a year ago

Stoke

What's the point in voting?.

Nobody in power takes a blind bit of notice anyhow.

Widnes

"What's the point in voting?.

Nobody in power takes a blind bit of notice anyhow."

Well if you set an impossible target you shouldn't be surprised that no one is capable of delivering on it.

The promise made by the Leave Campaign and by both Labour and the Conservatives in the following General Election was to Leave the EU with a deal better than we have now. In my opinion both, although the Conservatives more so, have tried to deliver that, the problem is no such deal exists.

The lesson to be learnt is not that no one in power takes a blind bit of notice, they've spent 3 years taking note of the referendum and trying to deliver on the mandate. The lesson to be learnt is that there is no point voting for what's not deliverable or possible because you'll never get it whether those in power are listening or not.

"What's the point in voting?.

Nobody in power takes a blind bit of notice anyhow.

Well if you set an impossible target you shouldn't be surprised that no one is capable of delivering on it.

The promise made by the Leave Campaign and by both Labour and the Conservatives in the following General Election was to Leave the EU with a deal better than we have now. In my opinion both, although the Conservatives more so, have tried to deliver that, the problem is no such deal exists.

The lesson to be learnt is not that no one in power takes a blind bit of notice, they've spent 3 years taking note of the referendum and trying to deliver on the mandate. The lesson to be learnt is that there is no point voting for what's not deliverable or possible because you'll never get it whether those in power are listening or not.

"

If something sounds too good to be true, then it most probably is

By *verysmileMan  over a year ago

CANTERBURY

I have a feeling that those voting for ChangeUK will be in quite an exclusive club.

By *lanPartridgeMan  over a year ago

nottingham

Don't forget: good Europeans can access remainunited.org for information on best Remain tactical voting choices.

Leavers may find things of interest on Steve Bannon's site ...

Widnes

Put simply, in these Euro Elections, if you want to send a clear Remain message you must vote for a party that is clearly a Remain party. They are LibDems, Green, ChangeUK, SNP or Plaid. Labour is not a Remain party. Their current policy on BREXIT is to Leave.

That's the most important and simple message.

A little less clear but true, so needs to said is if you want to actually get the maximum number of Remain seats after these Euro Elections then in all regions in England for most voters the best bet is to vote for the LibDems; in Scotland SNP and in Wales Plaid.

The far more complex message is if you live in a Region with a sitting Green MEP and you voted Green last time then the best bet is to vote Green this time. However if you didn't vote Green last time and your voting tactically to get the maximum Remain seats the best bet is to vote LibDem. In explanation; if you have a sitting Green MEP who got the last seat in your Region then in order to get a chance of a second Green seat the Greens would have to double their vote, however if the LibDems just missed the seat last time then they may only need an increase of 10% to 30% to have a good chance of getting an extra seat for Remain. On the other hand if a lot of voters who voted Green last time switched to voting LibDem this time the most likely result would be the Green Remain seat being swapping for a LibDem Remainer seat and that's not what we want to achieve. It's important in order to stand the best chance of getting the maximum number of Remain seats that the Green vote holds up in areas where there is already a sitting Green MEP buy that most new or switching voters vote LibDem.

Finally the main message has to be to vote and vote for a Remain party. If you can't bring yourself to follow the voting advice to get the maximum number of Remain seats then vote for the Remain party you like best even if you don't think that party stands a chance of winning a seat. What ever you do don't stay at home, do go and vote. While seats matter what also matters is the total size of the Remain vote and whether it's more or less than the total number of votes for the BREXIT Party and UKIP.

"Put simply, in these Euro Elections, if you want to send a clear Remain message you must vote for a party that is clearly a Remain party. They are LibDems, Green, ChangeUK, SNP or Plaid. Labour is not a Remain party. Their current policy on BREXIT is to Leave.

A little less clear but true, so needs to said is if you want to actually get the maximum number of Remain seats after these Euro Elections then in all regions in England for most voters the best bet is to vote for the LibDems; in Scotland SNP and in Wales Plaid.

The far more complex message is if you live in a Region with a sitting Green MEP and you voted Green last time then the best bet is to vote Green this time. However if you didn't vote Green last time and your voting tactically to get the maximum Remain seats the best bet is to vote LibDem. In explanation; if you have a sitting Green MEP who got the last seat in your Region then in order to get a chance of a second Green seat the Greens would have to double their vote, however if the LibDems just missed the seat last time then they may only need an increase of 10% to 30% to have a good chance of getting an extra seat for Remain. On the other hand if a lot of voters who voted Green last time switched to voting LibDem this time the most likely result would be the Green Remain seat being swapping for a LibDem Remainer seat and that's not what we want to achieve. It's important in order to stand the best chance of getting the maximum number of Remain seats that the Green vote holds up in areas where there is already a sitting Green MEP buy that most new or switching voters vote LibDem.

Finally the main message has to be to vote and vote for a Remain party. If you can't bring yourself to follow the voting advice to get the maximum number of Remain seats then vote for the Remain party you like best even if you don't think that party stands a chance of winning a seat. What ever you do don't stay at home, do go and vote. While seats matter what also matters is the total size of the Remain vote and whether it's more or less than the total number of votes for the BREXIT Party and UKIP."

nottingham

"Put simply, in these Euro Elections, if you want to send a clear Remain message you must vote for a party that is clearly a Remain party. They are LibDems, Green, ChangeUK, SNP or Plaid. Labour is not a Remain party. Their current policy on BREXIT is to Leave.

Finally the main message has to be to vote and vote for a Remain party. If you can't bring yourself to follow the voting advice to get the maximum number of Remain seats then vote for the Remain party you like best even if you don't think that party stands a chance of winning a seat. What ever you do don't stay at home, do go and vote. While seats matter what also matters is the total size of the Remain vote and whether it's more or less than the total number of votes for the BREXIT Party and UKIP."

Well said

nottingham

Come on people ... This is important!

I have a sitting green MEP and she's getting my vote.

Gloucestershire

[Removed by poster at 18/05/19 02:18:35]

Gloucestershire

I’m going to say this the mob has spoken, ready to suck on Nigel’s tickle tackle because he says his jizz tastes like milk and honey

Euwww...gross

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

"Really can't be bothered to even vote. It,s a farce."

So take the time to add a box to the paper and vote 'NONE OF THEM!'

Remember the fuss a few hundred suchlike votes made in the local elections? Think of the effect half a million (or more) of similar votes would have on the press and establishment!

Do it for me, please.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Really can't be bothered to even vote. It,s a farce.

Remember the fuss a few hundred suchlike votes made in the local elections? Think of the effect half a million (or more) of similar votes would have on the press and establishment!

Do it for me, please."

Your not up for election!!

"Really can't be bothered to even vote. It,s a farce.

Do it for me, please.

Your not up for election!!"

He never said he was...

You're not up for election either

nottingham

Even though this is Fab, I'm not up for erection either

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

really debating what to do...

i probably align at the moment more with change uk.... but in the north east its probably the more sensible vote as a remainer to vote Lib Dem here.....

so vote on principle... or be pragmatic

"I Will vote brexit party, or spoil the ballot "

In that case, PLEASE spoil the ballot!

nottingham

Any early voters like me been in already?

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

yep

By *ally_RodTV/TS  over a year ago

NI Border Counties, N London Herts

Choices here in Northern Ireland and bit different!

We have some hideously illiberal and then again sectarian choices so personally I will be voting green and alliance as they correspond most closely to my own values of diversity respect and staying in the EU. Plus the green leader Claire Bailey is smart and attractive and tough !!

nottingham

However you all vote: enjoy it!

» Add a new message to this topic