FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Populist right wingers deny climate change

Populist right wingers deny climate change

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ophieslut OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Central

An increasing number of populist right wing politicians and political parties are denying climate change. Is this reflective of stupidity, a desire to appeal to the stupid, a crass demand to gain attention in the now, without care for the future?

Greta Thunberg has been under constant attack by some, including Germany's Alternative für Deutschland party (AfD), with remarks about her being mentally challenged and unwell and denial of there being global warming caused by humans. Farage is another who has denied global warming. These groups and individuals often receive large amounts of funding from US right wing organisations and others, often with fossil fuel industry money.

To most sane people others who commit themselves to such rabid, nonsensical conspiracy theories surely just seem unhinged.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Pmsl...gosh! Where do we start with this one?

**waiting to dance with bob-bangs**

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

I prefer the views of scientists.

Mrs Thatcher, a chemist, was among the first of the political elite to recognise the threat.

There's definitely a push from the AFD to try and change the transition that's occurring from fossil fuel towards renewables and this is occurring at greater pace in Germany than elsewhere.

The AFD want to get some trump love no doubt and will be well advised by think tanks funded by the likes of Exxon Mobil and people like bannon.

She's an obvious target but I doubt she gives a fuck .

"I prefer the views of scientists.

Mrs Thatcher, a chemist, was among the first of the political elite to recognise the threat.

"

is that ALL scientists? Both those who practise the religion of climatology and the ones who don't?

I hardly think maggie thatch was the first. ....people on earth have been praying to the gods of sun, moon, wind, rain, thunder etc since the dawn of time

So i have to judge whether to believe many respected scientists who have studied past weather patterns and tested there theories in all possible scenarios . Or believe the right wing "populist" politicians like Trump?

Wow what a poser........

We should look at what's being said in Germany with regards to this teenage climate champion .

AfD MP Frank Pasemann tweeting: “This is not a ‘woman of the year’ but at best a teenager with autistic prehistory who is burned by her ‘advisers’ and by willing MSM as a new icon for the ‘climate church’.”

This mantra of climate change being a cult is your alt reich calling card.

[Removed by poster at 14/05/19 18:44:11]

In addition I think we should be aware the Green Party, now polling 2nd behind only the governing CDU.This is a big problem for the AFD and they need to make ground.

The Greens have supported Greta and the AFD have mocked Greta for her autism and they have mocked the greens for getting behind an autistic green icon.

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

[Removed by poster at 14/05/19 19:15:38]

Widnes

I spent most of the first 20 years of my life suffering with the use of useless, collapsing paper straws. For 40 years life has been good (unless you happen to be a snorting turtle) with the use working, reliable plastic straws. Now it looks like I'm going to have to spend the last 20 odd years of my life using useless, collapsing paper straws again.

I'M SO ANGRY. GRRRRR

I ask you, is this really the price I have to pay just to save the planet? Really

Yeah but on the flip side of that you have Bono who fully supports greta thunderbird.... and he's an out and out racist! His worst and most recent vile racism was aimed at the Swedish! Go figure

I think we can argue over climate change predictions but not over the degradation and decimation of all eco systems on earths that's an obvious fact .This green movement that's happening isn't just about climate science it's about the extinction of many species that we share this planet with.

Well said bob. Chucking plastic in the sea is wrong whatever way you look at it. Dumping rubbish is utterly wrong.... CO2 (which young greta can actually see) is a whole 'nuther matter

"I spent most of the first 20 years of my life suffering with the use of useless, collapsing paper straws. For 40 years life has been good (unless you happen to be a snorting turtle) with the use working, reliable plastic straws. Now it looks like I'm going to have to spend the last 20 odd years of my life using useless, collapsing paper straws again.

I'M SO ANGRY. GRRRRR

I ask you, is this really the price I have to pay just to save the planet? Really"

Do what I did, I bought a stainless steel collapsible one.

Finally, the free market solved one of my woes directly!

Central

I find it's unsettling how people can be anything but fearful of the damage that someone like Farage could inflict, given more power and yet a large number seem eager to vote for him, despite his very wrong and dangerous positions on our environment.

Is there a mindset that's closed to anything but the here and now avarice of these selfish liars, who'd do and say almost anything to get elected, gaining more power, personal wealth and continue being the same clone-like replicas, of the politicians that they pretend not to be. (With eager mugs, fully desperate to buy into being deceived)

Central

"I spent most of the first 20 years of my life suffering with the use of useless, collapsing paper straws. For 40 years life has been good (unless you happen to be a snorting turtle) with the use working, reliable plastic straws. Now it looks like I'm going to have to spend the last 20 odd years of my life using useless, collapsing paper straws again.

I'M SO ANGRY. GRRRRR

I ask you, is this really the price I have to pay just to save the planet? Really

Finally, the free market solved one of my woes directly!"

Or live without straws

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

Shit ....my re-use plastic bag has saved the planet....job done...I thank you

Widnes

I'M SO ANGRY. GRRRRR

Finally, the free market solved one of my woes directly!

Or live without straws"

What? You having a laugh or what?

Widnes

"Shit ....my re-use plastic bag has saved the planet....job done...I thank you"

I thought I had a bag for life but then she left me! Happy days.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

You can literally see it with your own eyes.

£$€ is more Important to some.

I'M SO ANGRY. GRRRRR

I ask you, is this really the price I have to pay just to save the planet? Really"

I heard that until very recently they just used 500 euro notes in the city of London....apparently you can launder and reuse them many times....its good to be green!

Widnes

I'M SO ANGRY. GRRRRR

I heard that until very recently they just used 500 euro notes in the city of London....apparently you can launder and reuse them many times....its good to be green! "

I've heard that many people use €500 notes for but when I tried it with my McCoke, even when I pushed it most of the way through the hole at the top so that only a centimetre was showing, I couldn't get to most of inside. I'd heard that apparently they sniff the but when I tried sniffing my McCoke through the straw it almost made me choak, hurt like hell and I couldn't even taste it.

Personally I think all these stories of rich city folk sniffing through €500 notes is just another urban myth. I mean why would you when you can just take the top of and drink it?

Even more unbelievable is that this forum won't let me post a comment with choak spelt correctly. LOL

Widnes

[Removed by poster at 14/05/19 23:43:04]

Widnes

Even more unbelievable is that the forum has deleted everywhere in the last message where I wrote and spelt coak correctly. Have that got some sort of problem with fizzy drinks? Maybe they object to the amount of sugar in it!

Lase weekend the Arctic Ocean in northwest Russia, the temperature reached 84 degrees.The concentration of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere eclipsed 415 parts per million for the first time in human history.

There were anomalous temperature spikes all the way to Finland.The anomalies were all 20 to 30 degrees higher than average.

Just more data points on the graph .

Elsewhere the far right mocked an autistic girl relentlessly on the inter web .

[Removed by poster at 16/05/19 11:03:58]

Whilst climate change is part of the natural cycle and it have happened before we was on earth, although we do make it worse and we need to be greener.

Without China, The United States, Russia, Saudi Arabia, The United Arab Emirates on board it's pointless.

Just sit back and enjoy the sun.

"Lase weekend the Arctic Ocean in northwest Russia, the temperature reached 84 degrees.The concentration of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere eclipsed 415 parts per million for the first time in human history.

There were anomalous temperature spikes all the way to Finland.The anomalies were all 20 to 30 degrees higher than average.

Elsewhere the far right mocked an autistic girl

relentlessly on the inter web . "

good work bob! Now post the evidence that proves that womankind is the cause of these spikes. Should be easy enough....all that human activity in the arctic an' all.

The highest levels in human history? What were the levels before humans and cow farts came into existance?

On a lighter note....got collared by a green party canvasser this morning. I asked him how he felt about a little clump of trees local to me getting bulldozed in order to aid 5G installations.....he shat his pants and legged it.

good morning bob btw...hope you're well

"Lase weekend the Arctic Ocean in northwest Russia, the temperature reached 84 degrees.The concentration of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere eclipsed 415 parts per million for the first time in human history.

Elsewhere the far right mocked an autistic girl

relentlessly on the inter web .

good work bob! Now post the evidence that proves that womankind is the cause of these spikes. Should be easy enough....all that human activity in the arctic an' all.

The highest levels in human history? What were the levels before humans and cow farts came into existance?

On a lighter note....got collared by a green party canvasser this morning. I asked him how he felt about a little clump of trees local to me getting bulldozed in order to aid 5G installations.....he shat his pants and legged it.

good morning bob btw...hope you're well"

I'm good bro hope your superb.The temperature is weather bro these spikes are data points nothing more but put on a graph over decades that's a different picture.One swallow doth no make a summer .One spike does not mean it's an apocalypse.

The smoking gun is the isotopic fingerprint of Woman/Man/no gender specific made co2 ,you see it's a completely different signature than co2 realised from let's say rotting biomass .

Science it's brilliant stuff to solve puzzles We even have ice cores to back up the data.

Just another data point on the graph brother.

I had the kipturds round my place I kept them busy pulling apart their ethnic cleansing xenophobic agenda to purify these isles.I wished a pox upon them and we shook hands an parted ways.All very amicable.

Lol..at least your kippers hung around long enough to have a duscussion! All i got was a 'i can see you aren't interested in our maniFISTo' and buggered off without any dialogue. Those greens eh? Always in a hurry to help stop climate ozone warming wotsit.

We don't have any ukip geezers or geezettes running in this neck of the woods.

A slight variation on one of their members slogans...'i wouldn't even vote for them'

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"Without China, The United States, Russia, Saudi Arabia, The United Arab Emirates on board it's pointless.

"

Easiest way to help with that, boycott those nations, if you can’t get them to agree, hurt them in their pocket!

Lol...with those countries? It would be akin to having a little piece of gravel in your flip flop. Slight discomfort for about 2 seconds...then you just flick it out. I think we depend on them more than they depend on us.

Gloucestershire

"Lol...with those countries? It would be akin to having a little piece of gravel in your flip flop. Slight discomfort for about 2 seconds...then you just flick it out. I think we depend on them more than they depend on us. "

Shame, that thinking doesn’t apply to brexiteers!

"Without China, The United States, Russia, Saudi Arabia, The United Arab Emirates on board it's pointless.

Easiest way to help with that, boycott those nations, if you can’t get them to agree, hurt them in their pocket!"

Yeah goodluck with that...

Gloucestershire

Easiest way to help with that, boycott those nations, if you can’t get them to agree, hurt them in their pocket!

Yeah goodluck with that... "

Luck, who needs luck these days? Tech makes it easy now.

Luck, who needs luck these days? Tech makes it easy now."

Tech makes boycotting some of the most powerful countries on the planet easy now does it? Those weren't even in the top 5 of nations which cause the most pollution per capita.

Climate change is real but let's be realistic here the damage is already done and no amount of 'green' policies in this country is going to reverse the effects.

Best case scenario we cull the world population with a good old fashioned war.

China is up to 38% of its energy coming from renewables.Its shelved plans for 80 coal powered stations.It is building coal plants in other countries using technology that has now been banned in China.Its just business for the Chinese .They are driving down the cost of solar panels which is now making solar power cheaper to produce electricity than coal fired stations.

No other country has put itself in a better position to become the world’s renewable energy superpower than China.

"China is up to 38% of its energy coming from renewables.Its shelved plans for 80 coal powered stations.It is building coal plants in other countries using technology that has now been banned in China.Its just business for the Chinese .They are driving down the cost of solar panels which is now making solar power cheaper to produce electricity than coal fired stations.

No other country has put itself in a better position to become the world’s renewable energy superpower than China.

"

Yawn...CO2 emissions have risen year on year in China since 2001.

"China is up to 38% of its energy coming from renewables.Its shelved plans for 80 coal powered stations.It is building coal plants in other countries using technology that has now been banned in China.Its just business for the Chinese .They are driving down the cost of solar panels which is now making solar power cheaper to produce electricity than coal fired stations.

Yawn...CO2 emissions have risen year on year in China since 2001.

"

Incorrect .

China’s CO2 emissions fell from 2013 to 2016 due to a shift away from smokestack industries

However in 2016 the Chinese government kick-started another construction boom that has seen demand for steel and other construction materials surge, driving up coal use and emissions in China and pushing global emissions back to growth.

China's co2 emissions grew by 3 % last year despite a record number of solar plants.

Data data data

I'll have a look and I stand corrected then if it's true.

But i overheard a bloke (pissed off his tits) down the pub say that 'C02 was important for the survival of plant life..... That C02 levels from insects and termites are way above those of folks'... after he staggered back from the gents with piss stains on his leather jeans he went on to say that 'wind farms are killing countless pollenating insects needed for survival of crops and flora...not to mention birds (feathered variety)... and that climate cardinals haven't provided any evidence that has been agreed by all sections of the scientific community that backs up the claim that C02 makes the weather god angry'...

I went out on a limb for you bob....i jumped up and said 'bollocks mate! I read that an englandshire bloke on an internet fuck site says that everything broadcast and printed on the mainstream media is TRUE!'. I've since been barred from said pub ... landlord must be a commie-nazi, extreme right wing, leftist, hitler supporting marxist....only explaination

"I'll have a look and I stand corrected then if it's true. "

No problem. I may also be wrong as the data presented only goes up to 2017.

Also a financial times article presents a different graft which shows CO2 emissions fell from 2010 to 2015 and then rose year on year after. I guess it depends on who supplies the initial date whether it's China itself or independent bodies.

"But i overheard a bloke (pissed off his tits) down the pub say that 'C02 was important for the survival of plant life..... That C02 levels from insects and termites are way above those of folks'... after he staggered back from the gents with piss stains on his leather jeans he went on to say that 'wind farms are killing countless pollenating insects needed for survival of crops and flora...not to mention birds (feathered variety)... and that climate cardinals haven't provided any evidence that has been agreed by all sections of the scientific community that backs up the claim that C02 makes the weather god angry'...

I went out on a limb for you bob....i jumped up and said 'bollocks mate! I read that an englandshire bloke only n an internet fuck site says that everything broadcast and printed on the mainstream media is TRUE!'. I've since been barred from said pub ... landlord must be a commie-nazi, extreme right wing, leftist, hitler supporting marxist....only explaination"

The increase in co2 has greened up the earth .plants are loving it.The oceans not so much.You can google why if ya like.

Enough science for me for now work beckons.

Gloucestershire

Luck, who needs luck these days? Tech makes it easy now.

Tech makes boycotting some of the most powerful countries on the planet easy now does it? Those weren't even in the top 5 of nations which cause the most pollution per capita.

Climate change is real but let's be realistic here the damage is already done and no amount of 'green' policies in this country is going to reverse the effects.

Best case scenario we cull the world population with a good old fashioned war.

"

War, huh, good god, what is it good for? Apparently for exterminating people in your opinion , i think you may need to turn on google safe search.

canterbury

If Kent turns into Spain...happy days ....all the people will not have to fly abroad for holidays thus keeping money in the UK economy....see climate change is not all bad....my ice cream sales will go up and my boat trips

may become more popular so winner winner

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

I'm sure the population of Bangladesh will feel right at home in Kent.

canterbury

Most already spread across the great eu

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

Global warming is excellent, sunbather tells other morons

16th May 2019

A WOMAN has actually told her friends that climate change is fine because she has already got a tan in May.

During a sunbathing session, Emma Bradford and other tanning twats agreed that the destruction of the planet is worth it to get a healthy glow slightly earlier in the year.

Bradford, 25, said: “I’m getting a tan, showing off my tits, drinking an Aperol Spritz and it’s not even June. Tell me that’s a bad thing.

“Heatwaves that won’t end, skin cancer, flooding becoming the norm by 2070 – it’s all government lies to stop us taking long lunch breaks in the park.

“Yes, a lot of people are opposed to global warming, but that’s probably because they’re not beach body ready.”

However climate scientist Professor Carolyn Ryan said: “Of course you’re going to like global warming if your main priority in life is getting a thigh gap.

“Let’s see how much they love it when they’re battling it out for scraps of food in a giant dust bowl armed only with a pair of flip flops and a copy of Hello! magazine.

“Although to be fair I too would like to see a horrific natural apocalypse with a giant flaming methane ball turning these idiots into human Frazzles.”

By *apiomanMan  over a year ago

Shipley

Facing up to our own individual and collective responsibility for climate change is scary and many people feel both powerless to take action and inconvenienced by changes which we need to make. Popularists feed on this powerlessness and are always feeding people the lie of a better tomorrow with no payback.

Denying science used to be the preserve of the right, however left wingers have started to deny science more than the right these days.

West London

"Facing up to our own individual and collective responsibility for climate change is scary and many people feel both powerless to take action and inconvenienced by changes which we need to make. Popularists feed on this powerlessness and are always feeding people the lie of a better tomorrow with no payback. "

Good summary.

Quite often big problems require complex answers.

A simple answer is much more satisfactory though. Deny or blame someone else.

It's not happening or it's China's fault. Apparently.

By *uxinteriorMan  over a year ago

south west , continental

Global warming, temperatures, weather patterns are the results of solar activity. Piers Corbyn offers excellent evidence on this.

His explanations on Co2 and its release are interesting. It's refreshing to hear the other side of the debate, one which frequently gets drowned out.

Currently I am more concerned about plastic disposal, production and the horrendous scale of plastic litter and debris in the oceans, around 46% is disgarded fishing gear. This sadly is a man made disaster, we all should be a lot more thoughtful on packaging, plastic items and their disposal.

That's the real green issue. Chucking stuff away and making the globe untidy. Fines for littering, fly tipping, waterway pollution, air pollution etc...there can be little arguement.

In my opinion there shoud be prison sentences handed out to those who choose to remove trees, hedgerows and habitats for no good reason....and the biggest no good reasons these days are 5G and clearing spaces for shopping centres.

As for people getting sun tans in the month of May....not even Jess Phillips, Donald Trump or Greta Thunderbird can control solar activity....Bono can tho....he IS god after all. The racist sunuvabitch...

"I prefer the views of scientists.

"

Just hope im gone before i have to witness the result of human stupidity, not just by Trump

south west , continental

"That's the real green issue. Chucking stuff away and making the globe untidy. Fines for littering, fly tipping, waterway pollution, air pollution etc...there can be little arguement.

In my opinion there shoud be prison sentences handed out to those who choose to remove trees, hedgerows and habitats for no good reason....and the biggest no good reasons these days are 5G and clearing spaces for shopping centres.

As for people getting sun tans in the month of May....not even Jess Phillips, Donald Trump or Greta Thunderbird can control solar activity....Bono can tho....he IS god after all. The racist sunuvabitch...

"

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

It's 2019, the world's gone fucking bonkers.

"Religion" of climate change being peddled by all those pesky scientists....

Lol...well as the christians teach us..

Without faith in god....hellfire, brimstone and eternal damnation. Floods on a massive scale, famine and drought. Crop failure...animals wiped out. Darkening skies...

plagues and wars. So how does god fix shit?

Pay money to the church, believe your local priest, national bishop and worldwide pope.

you must sacrifice...kill the fatted calf, don't do jack shit on sundays and holy days, never question or disagree with god because his word is the truth, light, way...blah blahblah etc. God sends a child messiah to spread the word and to follow his example....believe and ye shall have eternal wotsit etc... all with very little/nonexistant proof of anything..

climatology teaches us....believe or...

fire and brimstone, floods, famine, drought,

dead species, crop failure, darkening skies etc...

we must pay money to the church...tax, tax, more tax....

We must sacrifice...no flying, no cars, no cheap fuel, end to meat consumption, no leather shoes and sofas.

We must listen to our local activist, national green policy cardinals and daily/hourly lessons on the global telly teaching us about our foul ways of living...we must believe in green!!!

They even sent a child to save us...our messiah! Greta thunderbird...

if you can't spot the striking similarities between christianity cult and climate cult then.....greenpeace be with you my child

Newbury

"Lol...well as the christians teach us..

Without faith in god....hellfire, brimstone and eternal damnation. Floods on a massive scale, famine and drought. Crop failure...animals wiped out. Darkening skies...

Pay money to the church, believe your local priest, national bishop and worldwide pope.

you must sacrifice...kill the fatted calf, don't do jack shit on sundays and holy days, never question or disagree with god because his word is the truth, light, way...blah blahblah etc. God sends a child messiah to spread the word and to follow his example....believe and ye shall have eternal wotsit etc... all with very little/nonexistant proof of anything..

We must sacrifice...no flying, no cars, no cheap fuel, end to meat consumption, no leather shoes and sofas.

We must listen to our local activist, national green policy cardinals and daily/hourly lessons on the global telly teaching us about our foul ways of living...we must believe in green!!!

if you can't spot the striking similarities between christianity cult and climate cult then.....greenpeace be with you my child "

Step away from the crack-pipe....

Central

"Whilst climate change is part of the natural cycle and it have happened before we was on earth, although we do make it worse and we need to be greener."

You're right Shag that the world's climate has had natural changes, however the current period of heating, since the industrial age, is largely due to human cause. There are some nutjob rightwingers who are trying to perhaps distract from the atrocities that they are causing, by pointing the finger at people such as your fellow Swedish citizen Greta Thunberg and generally deflecting in any way that they can, whilst they continue to pursue severe damage to the planet.

Nigel Farage, Trump and others are right wingers who try to rubbish the clear facts by talking of conspiracy theories etc. How anyone could trust such selfish, loathsome individuals is beyond me to wipe their arses cleanly, let alone in politics, is beyond me, they are such dirty individuals.

AFAIK piers corbyn has no real qualification to talk about long term climate change and its causes. Yes, he forecasts weather. But that's not quite the same.

Central

"

"

Good to mention clearing of growing plants - we should be planting more, clearing less and I'm definitely for protection of hedgerows and trees appropriately.Councils could save money, if they reduced their cutting of many bushes and trees. The wanton destruction of rainforest for industrial plantation of Palm oil trees is inexcusable.I'd slap immediate fines onto UK producers and retails for use of palm oil, as it's people like us as consumers who are helping to destroy rainforests. Severe penalties for palm oil use would ensure that they found replacements for it much more quickly.

south west , continental

"Lol...well as the christians teach us..

if you can't spot the striking similarities between christianity cult and climate cult then.....greenpeace be with you my child "

south west , continental

"AFAIK piers corbyn has no real qualification to talk about long term climate change and its causes. Yes, he forecasts weather. But that's not quite the same. "

Astro physician has no qualifications! Slightly better than an NVQ level 3 in knitting I would think.

"AFAIK piers corbyn has no real qualification to talk about long term climate change and its causes. Yes, he forecasts weather. But that's not quite the same.

Astro physician has no qualifications! Slightly better than an NVQ level 3 in knitting I would think. "

Not entirely relevant to climate change. Which is what I meant by real. Will admit I wasn't clear.

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

"

If your level of intelligence is such that you can't tell the difference between religion and an environmental crisis that is wholly backed by science, then I'm surprised you're able to use the Internet. Well done, I guess.

I don't have a level of intelligence. My carer does all the techno stuff...i rant----she types.

You get back to fixing the 'crisis' .... i'll get back to my window licking

There is no denying that climate change is happening, and we almost certainly are running out of time. It is such a shame that green issues in this country and elsewhere have been hijacked by the left.

I heard that pathetic bitch Lucas speak on Brighton the other week. Telling us all what we already know then expecting is all to be in awe of her. She can piss off!

West London

"There is no denying that climate change is happening, and we almost certainly are running out of time. It is such a shame that green issues in this country and elsewhere have been hijacked by the left.

I heard that pathetic bitch Lucas speak on Brighton the other week. Telling us all what we already know then expecting is all to be in awe of her. She can piss off!"

How's Trump helping?

Does Farage think that climate change is a problem?

"There is no denying that climate change is happening, and we almost certainly are running out of time. It is such a shame that green issues in this country and elsewhere have been hijacked by the left.

I heard that pathetic bitch Lucas speak on Brighton the other week. Telling us all what we already know then expecting is all to be in awe of her. She can piss off!

How's Trump helping?

Does Farage think that climate change is a problem?"

Climate change is a huge problem facing future generations and we're running out of time.

Unfortunately banning plastic straws isn't going to change a thing.

A drastic measure of global population control. As it's already too late.

Newbury

I heard that pathetic bitch Lucas speak on Brighton the other week. Telling us all what we already know then expecting is all to be in awe of her. She can piss off!"

When, of course, it should be about lebensraum, right?

Consumerism is a greater issue than Clinate change .We need to get back to a sustainable model .

Earth Overshoot Day the point at which humans use more than the world’s resources takes place earlier and earlier each year. This year it will fall in July. Up until the 1970s, the planet was able to produce more than we consumed on an annual basis, now we are using up resources at a rate of 1.7 Earths a year.

This isn't sustainable.We must face up to this reality because until we face our problems we won't be able to change them and truth is we won't know if we can change until we try.

"Consumerism is a greater issue than Clinate change .We need to get back to a sustainable model .

Earth Overshoot Day the point at which humans use more than the world’s resources takes place earlier and earlier each year. This year it will fall in July. Up until the 1970s, the planet was able to produce more than we consumed on an annual basis, now we are using up resources at a rate of 1.7 Earths a year.

This isn't sustainable.We must face up to this reality because until we face our problems we won't be able to change them and truth is we won't know if we can change until we try.

"

100%, I take the view that it's most likely already too late to prevent some of the damage as the actions proposed aren't drastic enough nor the penalties for not taking action robust enough.

Central

"Consumerism is a greater issue than Clinate change .We need to get back to a sustainable model .

"

We're in a situation with several acute problems that need immediate action to mitigate these threats from becoming so much worse than they need to be. Some of the things that we can do can potentially benefit more than one of these looming catastrophes - reducing our input that's creating more global heating could also reduce pollution, ecological damage and species extinction, whilst improving on our levels of resource destruction.

We can and need to do several things, many of them having significant effects on the way that we live and assume we can carry on regardless.

Governments generally are doing too little to minimise our damage and populist right wing politicians seem particularly bad for denying that major global heating exists and thus needs remedial action. No political leaning is probably free of this, except for the Green parties.

» Add a new message to this topic