FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Make a policy to revoke article 50 is very tempting.

Make a policy to revoke article 50 is very tempting.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I was just watching sky news were they interviewed vince cable on gibraltar fighting for them to remain in the eu and he said it is very tempting to make a policy to revoke article 50, whats your view? I agree with him

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ave 42Man  over a year ago

pontefract

The blokes a bigger knob than Corbyn

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

Would it make me vote for them? No.

By *rMrsWestMidsCouple  over a year ago

Dudley

"The blokes a bigger knob than Corbyn"

Lol, he must be a really big one then!

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I was just watching sky news were they interviewed vince cable on gibraltar fighting for them to remain in the eu and he said it is very tempting to make a policy to revoke article 50, whats your view? I agree with him "

that would not work....too blantant....

however....

what they could do is change/tweek the law in that a "no deal" cannot happen....

all it would take is another cooper/boles type amendment... and this time give the amendment the statatory instrument put that into the WAB (Withdrawl Agreement Bill) or have it as its own amendment so that we can't leave without a deal....

and that would then scupper the hardline brexiteer who will replace may by doing something as stupid at trying the "WTO" thing........

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

you do know that no matter what law is passed if nothing been agreed by end of october the e.u can tell us to sling our hook no matter what parliment cook up. if may goes all the nxt leader has to do is not bring anything back to be voted on and run the clock down

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"The blokes a bigger knob than Corbyn"
Im not sure about that but a very close second.

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

"you do know that no matter what law is passed if nothing been agreed by end of october the e.u can tell us to sling our hook no matter what parliment cook up. if may goes all the nxt leader has to do is not bring anything back to be voted on and run the clock down"

I think that's part of the plan. However I don't think Parliament will just sit back and let it happen.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

"you do know that no matter what law is passed if nothing been agreed by end of october the e.u can tell us to sling our hook no matter what parliment cook up. if may goes all the nxt leader has to do is not bring anything back to be voted on and run the clock down"

It is feasible Parliament could instruct the executive to request an extension.

At some point, the EU's overwhelming desire to avoid a messy break will itself by overwhelmed by a sense of "oh no, not again, sigh".

Who knows when.

The logjam doesn't really change, whoever is in No. 10.

Only a referendum or election can break the jam.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"I was just watching sky news were they interviewed vince cable on gibraltar fighting for them to remain in the eu and he said it is very tempting to make a policy to revoke article 50, whats your view? I agree with him "
He is a very nasty little man and has no interst in democracy

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I was just watching sky news were they interviewed vince cable on gibraltar fighting for them to remain in the eu and he said it is very tempting to make a policy to revoke article 50, whats your view? I agree with him He is a very nasty little man and has no interst in democracy"

Justification please, just slagging someone off like that is a bit lazy isn’t it,

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

"you do know that no matter what law is passed if nothing been agreed by end of october the e.u can tell us to sling our hook no matter what parliment cook up. if may goes all the nxt leader has to do is not bring anything back to be voted on and run the clock down

It is feasible Parliament could instruct the executive to request an extension.

At some point, the EU's overwhelming desire to avoid a messy break will itself by overwhelmed by a sense of "oh no, not again, sigh".

Who knows when.

The logjam doesn't really change, whoever is in No. 10.

Only a referendum or election can break the jam."

cant see either of those things happening and dont forget they only have cpl months left. the piss off on holiday end of june and dont reapear until september.and they not sorted anythi.g in the last cpl of years so is a big ask thinking they will agree anything in a cpl months.also it wont be may parliments dealing with.and the fucked up thing is shes probably the only one in tory party who is half way sane. the one thing it proved to me is ive been right not to vote for 20 odd years piss up brewery and organise springs to mind and thats all 650 of them

» Add a new message to this topic