FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Cult of Personality

Cult of Personality

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ethnmelv OP   Couple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

Are we struggling with politics due to the Cult of Personality (or lack of) in those that claim to represent the ‘people’?

Farage, BJ, JC & JRM all seem to have a messiah complex, totally believing in their own infallibility, yet listening to nobody.

Whilst we clearly have limited choice elsewhere, none of them have the countries interests in mind. All of them are in it for themselves and using the rest of us to further their agendas.

I just don’t get why so many people are being so gullible. Do we deserve it, of course not. But we do need to take a step back and stop listening to these demagogues. Britain is so much better than these insular, exploitative and flawed fools.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ammskiMan  over a year ago

lytham st.annes

[Removed by poster at 20/05/19 23:15:44]

By *ammskiMan  over a year ago

lytham st.annes

"Are we struggling with politics due to the Cult of Personality (or lack of) in those that claim to represent the ‘people’?

Farage, BJ, JC & JRM all seem to have a messiah complex, totally believing in their own infallibility, yet listening to nobody. Total codswallop

Whilst we clearly have limited choice elsewhere, none of them have the countries interests in mind. All of them are in it for themselves and using the rest of us to further their agendas.

I just don’t get why so many people are being so gullible. Do we deserve it, of course not. But we do need to take a step back and stop listening to these demagogues. Britain is so much better than these insular, exploitative and flawed fools."

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Are we struggling with politics due to the Cult of Personality (or lack of) in those that claim to represent the ‘people’?

Farage, BJ, JC & JRM all seem to have a messiah complex, totally believing in their own infallibility, yet listening to nobody.

I just don’t get why so many people are being so gullible. Do we deserve it, of course not. But we do need to take a step back and stop listening to these demagogues. Britain is so much better than these insular, exploitative and flawed fools."

Charisma has allways influenced people it goes back a long way,it is not a modern thing.However as we now see our leaders everyday and here them there influence is stronger.This applies in music,films etc it is part of the human condition.

To a point I agree with you that they have self interest and want the power but in there own way they do believe they have the right ideas for the country.

You are very cynical as this goes on in companies with people trying to get on,people trying to impress friends and etc it is life.

You believe you are right and they are wrong,there is no 100% right or wrong.

At the end of the day there are leaders and there are followers and it has to be that way otherwise we have total chaos,we are going down that road anyeway,society needs order and direction but cannot please all.

By *ethnmelv OP   Couple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

I just don’t get why so many people are being so gullible. Do we deserve it, of course not. But we do need to take a step back and stop listening to these demagogues. Britain is so much better than these insular, exploitative and flawed fools.Charisma has allways influenced people it goes back a long way,it is not a modern thing.However as we now see our leaders everyday and here them there influence is stronger.This applies in music,films etc it is part of the human condition.

To a point I agree with you that they have self interest and want the power but in there own way they do believe they have the right ideas for the country.

You are very cynical as this goes on in companies with people trying to get on,people trying to impress friends and etc it is life.

You believe you are right and they are wrong,there is no 100% right or wrong.

At the end of the day there are leaders and there are followers and it has to be that way otherwise we have total chaos,we are going down that road anyeway,society needs order and direction but cannot please all."

Thanks for the response. There is no right or wrong, but do we need ‘order and direction’ from people that wish to abuse the power they get for themselves? I know it was always thus, but I am forever hopeful that we might find a Leader that wasn’t entirely in it for themselves. I don’t think I’m cynical, more realistic but hopeful!

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Your damn right about that.

» Add a new message to this topic