FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > German economist admits UK made right choice in voting to Leave

German economist admits UK made right choice in voting to Leave

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

A German economist has said that the UK made the correct decision with its vote to Leave the EU in 2016. Dr Markus Krall says the Uk should be "far, far away" when the Eurozone Explosion happens, which he implies is not very far away.

German banker Dr Krall said by backing Brexit the UK had made a "logical" decision to Leave the EU, and if he was British he would have also voted to Leave. He also added that he believed that Brexit is based on healthy economical analysis because the Eurozone is headed for financial catastrophe.

www.express.co.uk/news/world/1119288/Germany-news-brexit-eurozone-eu-latest-brexit-update

Anyone who voted Leave in 2016, i would now urge you to vote for the Brexit party on Thursday 23rd May.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"

www.express.co.uk/news/world/1119288/Germany-news-brexit-eurozone-eu-latest-brexit-update

Anyone who voted Leave in 2016, i would now urge you to vote for the Brexit party on Thursday 23rd May. "

. The Express - the well known purveyor of balanced ultra rightwing perspective

I'd encourage anyone with a mind that's still functional to steer clear of media that will rot it.

And vote for a politician who will represent the UKs interests in the EU parliament

"

Anyone who voted Leave in 2016, i would now urge you to vote for the Brexit party on Thursday 23rd May.

I'd encourage anyone with a mind that's still functional to steer clear of media that will rot it.

And vote for a politician who will represent the UKs interests in the EU parliament

"

Did you bother clicking on the link?

If you had then you would see there is video footage of Dr Krall making these statements. Or are you trying to suggest the Express has somehow falsified the video? Dr Krall made the comments live on German television.

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

"

If you had then you would see there is video footage of Dr Krall making these statements. Or are you trying to suggest the Express has somehow falsified the video? Dr Krall made the comments live on German television. "

I think what we're saying is that, like Minford, Dr Krall is wrong and that the bias is the Express is that it gives more coverage to the two or three economists who think BREXIT is going to make us better off and very little to thousands that know it will make us worse off.

By *ollie1Couple  over a year ago

murcia spain

amazing

when virtually every economist expert world bank etc predict problems for the uk economy after brexit we are told thats just project fear

when one german economist says otherwise we are supposed to cheer

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"A German economist has said that the UK made the correct decision with its vote to Leave the EU in 2016. Dr Markus Krall says the Uk should be "far, far away" when the Eurozone Explosion happens, which he implies is not very far away.

German banker Dr Krall said by backing Brexit the UK had made a "logical" decision to Leave the EU, and if he was British he would have also voted to Leave. He also added that he believed that Brexit is based on healthy economical analysis because the Eurozone is headed for financial catastrophe.

Anyone who voted Leave in 2016, i would now urge you to vote for the Brexit party on Thursday 23rd May. "

Ok time for you to turn on your google safe search.

https://youtu.be/d7w839P4D5o

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

Well done, you've found someone who validates your vote to Leave in 2016.

I'm sure there must be more if you look hard enough.

Bristol East

If the currency used by the UK's largest trading partner crashed, it makes no difference whether the UK is in political union with that partner or not - the UK economy will taking a tanking too, such is the volume of £/Euro transactions taking place daily.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"

"

Back in the real world you will find that the Express is the paper of choice for many responsible citizens. Do you actually buy and read it and on What basis do you form your opinion of it. ?

"

If you had then you would see there is video footage of Dr Krall making these statements. Or are you trying to suggest the Express has somehow falsified the video? Dr Krall made the comments live on German television.

I think what we're saying is that, like Minford, Dr Krall is wrong and that the bias is the Express is that it gives more coverage to the two or three economists who think BREXIT is going to make us better off and very little to thousands that know it will make us worse off."

However how does anyone know that leaving makes us worse off. ?

If we leave on WTO terms clothing and food will be cheaper.

It is difficult to see how a few tweaks to duties are going to make us worse off . We simply need to adopt to changing circumstances .

"

I think what we're saying is that, like Minford, Dr Krall is wrong and that the bias is the Express is that it gives more coverage to the two or three economists who think BREXIT is going to make us better off and very little to thousands that know it will make us worse off. However how does anyone know that leaving makes us worse off. ?

It is difficult to see how a few tweaks to duties are going to make us worse off . We simply need to adopt to changing circumstances ."

How does adding tariffs and frictional costs lead to reduced prices. They only way I can see is if we reduce standards. It's a statement I've only seen supported by Minford. But he achieved it through unilateral removal of tariffs.

Bristol East

"

"

The UK currently is in the largest free-trade zone in the world.

The UK wants to leave it.

You want to go from a free-trade zone to the application of tariffs on imports and exports.

How does that make anything cheaper, when you are adding taxes to the cost?

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Methinks a certain major contributor to the politics forums who left, is back..

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

I think that economist certainly has a point regarding the Euro and the European bank. While the crisis was alleviated in 2012 when Draghi stated 'ECB is ready to do whatever it takes to preserve the Euro', the problem has never gone away and will remain as there's no fiscal equalisation policy in place. So yes there's a good risk that the crisis could flare up again or explode as the economist describes it.

Should that happen it will affect the UK, no matter if you're in or out of the EU, having the pound though will allow the UK to manage the currency and apply various financial measures and policies to deal with a crisis event.

Everything has very little to do with Brexit though.

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"

I think what we're saying is that, like Minford, Dr Krall is wrong and that the bias is the Express is that it gives more coverage to the two or three economists who think BREXIT is going to make us better off and very little to thousands that know it will make us worse off. However how does anyone know that leaving makes us worse off. ?

It is difficult to see how a few tweaks to duties are going to make us worse off . We simply need to adopt to changing circumstances .

How does adding tariffs and frictional costs lead to reduced prices. They only way I can see is if we reduce standards. It's a statement I've only seen supported by Minford. But he achieved it through unilateral removal of tariffs. "

Pat is getting himself muddled by connecting two possible Brexit scenario’s together. I think what he means by cheaper clothes and food is by unilaterally removing the EU common external tariff. But that is not one and same as trading as efficiently as possible on WTO rules.

Many Brexiters do not think things through and simply regurgitate ad nauseum, things that they have read that support the Brexit ideology. It doesn’t really matter to them that there is no thought process behind what they say and that the things they wrote and say might be contradictory.

In Pats own words no one takes anything seriously on here so we can assume whatever we want about his posts. Lies? Misunderstanding? Ignorance? Malicious? Stupid? No one cares anyway (seemingly).

In the grand scheme of things? No i don't think these forums are or should be taken seriously. I'll change my mind however when an MP stands up in the house of commons and says something like 'i refer the prime minister to posts put on an internet swinger site that calls for brexit to be scrapped/forged ahead with'....or summink

But it was a single GERMAN economist who said it and they are always RIGHT!

Ffs Pat get some perspective in your life. The reason nobody sane trusts what the daily mail says is that it has always had a right wing imperialist agenda which distrusts foreigners and is pretty much a racism promoting piece of loo roll. There was once a very good cartoon about a working man and his dog being vox popped about it which the strapline to was “the Daily Mail? I wouldn’t wipe my arse with it....and I wouldn't let my fog wipe his arse with it either”

Dog

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

"In the grand scheme of things? No i don't think these forums are or should be taken seriously. I'll change my mind however when an MP stands up in the house of commons and says something like 'i refer the prime minister to posts put on an internet swinger site that calls for brexit to be scrapped/forged ahead with'....or summink "
pmsl I hope some of the plastic experts on here read that because they really think the pm reads there very important posts on fab

"In the grand scheme of things? No i don't think these forums are or should be taken seriously. I'll change my mind however when an MP stands up in the house of commons and says something like 'i refer the prime minister to posts put on an internet swinger site that calls for brexit to be scrapped/forged ahead with'....or summink pmsl I hope some of the plastic experts on here read that because they really think the

pm reads there very important posts on fab "

bloody regime changing post some of them foxy!! A post on fab could topple a government!!

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

"In the grand scheme of things? No i don't think these forums are or should be taken seriously. I'll change my mind however when an MP stands up in the house of commons and says something like 'i refer the prime minister to posts put on an internet swinger site that calls for brexit to be scrapped/forged ahead with'....or summink pmsl I hope some of the plastic experts on here read that because they really think the

pm reads there very important posts on fab

bloody regime changing post some of them foxy!! A post on fab could topple a government!!"

don’t mock ffs they will report you to admin lol

"

How does adding tariffs and frictional costs lead to reduced prices. They only way I can see is if we reduce standards. It's a statement I've only seen supported by Minford. But he achieved it through unilateral removal of tariffs.

Pat is getting himself muddled by connecting two possible Brexit scenario’s together. I think what he means by cheaper clothes and food is by unilaterally removing the EU common external tariff. But that is not one and same as trading as efficiently as possible on WTO rules.

Many Brexiters do not think things through and simply regurgitate ad nauseum, things that they have read that support the Brexit ideology. It doesn’t really matter to them that there is no thought process behind what they say and that the things they wrote and say might be contradictory.

In Pats own words no one takes anything seriously on here so we can assume whatever we want about his posts. Lies? Misunderstanding? Ignorance? Malicious? Stupid? No one cares anyway (seemingly)."

To be realistic I do not think you would be aware of how much or little research those who support remain or leave have undertaken on particular topics .

It is bizarre to suggest that those who support remain have undertaken more detailed research.

As things currently stand no remainn organisation can provide a detailed explanation as to why it ie beneficial for the UK to remain in the EU or explain why some countries are net beneficiaries subsidised by those who make net contributions .

in Lancashire

Pat, Google the meaning of the word union..

Or simply look at the reality of our own union whereby fiscally Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland benefit from England..

Which in my book is fine as that then gives more opportunity to those in those areas to 'improve their lot' and in turn add more to the central pot etc..

"But it was a single GERMAN economist who said it and they are always RIGHT!

Ffs Pat get some perspective in your life. The reason nobody sane trusts what the daily mail says is that it has always had a right wing imperialist agenda which distrusts foreigners and is pretty much a racism promoting piece of loo roll. There was once a very good cartoon about a working man and his dog being vox popped about it which the strapline to was “the Daily Mail? I wouldn’t wipe my arse with it....and I wouldn't let my fog wipe his arse with it either” "

It would be interesting to know if you actually buy the Daily Mail . If you so not it is difficult to see how you could have any understanding of its content .

It is an award winning newspaper which has actually increased its market share in a declining market.

You suggest it is racist without providing any evidence . If this was the case Asian news agents would refuse to see it.

The Daily Mail was also a driving force behind bringing the killers of Stephen Lawrence to justice.

My preference in life is to make informed decisions on what I read , not just blindly accept the comments of a small minority.

There will always be a small percentage of society who snear at the Daily Mail.

Again I prefer to listen to positive people who aim to achieve results.

Bristol East

I refer you to the recent comments from the head of counter-terrorism policing in the UK, who said right-wing tabloids in the UK were playing a part in the radicalisation of far-right terrorists in the UK. Not that you would read that in the Mail etc.

"But it was a single GERMAN economist who said it and they are always RIGHT!

Ffs Pat get some perspective in your life. The reason nobody sane trusts what the daily mail says is that it has always had a right wing imperialist agenda which distrusts foreigners and is pretty much a racism promoting piece of loo roll. There was once a very good cartoon about a working man and his dog being vox popped about it which the strapline to was “the Daily Mail? I wouldn’t wipe my arse with it....and I wouldn't let my fog wipe his arse with it either” It would be interesting to know if you actually buy the Daily Mail . If you so not it is difficult to see how you could have any understanding of its content .

It is an award winning newspaper which has actually increased its market share in a declining market.

You suggest it is racist without providing any evidence . If this was the case Asian news agents would refuse to see it.

The Daily Mail was also a driving force behind bringing the killers of Stephen Lawrence to justice.

My preference in life is to make informed decisions on what I read , not just blindly accept the comments of a small minority.

There will always be a small percentage of society who snear at the Daily Mail.

Again I prefer to listen to positive people who aim to achieve results. "

I sneer at your snear

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"

As things currently stand no remainn organisation can provide a detailed explanation as to why it ie beneficial for the UK to remain in the EU or explain why some countries are net beneficiaries subsidised by those who make net contributions ."

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is King.

1) Every single Remain organisation has done nothing but bang on about the multi dimensional benefits of the U.K. remaining in the EU. Including, but not limited to - supporting the car manufacturing industry that only returned to these shores because of our EU membership. Unfettered access to the largest and most successful economic, trading and political union in the world which also just happens to be right on our doorstep. EU membership and associated involvement in the customs union and single market grease the wheels of our every day, day to day lives and provide educational, travel and work opportunities far greater than we ever had before. There is a very simple logic at play here Pat - adding barriers and making things more difficult to trade with your closest trading partners is never a good idea. The very essence of trade is that for it to be successful, it should be painless, barrier free and simple. The issue is that many Brexiters (yourself included) seem to be unable to grasp multi-dimensional concepts that extend beyond the simplistic.

2) if you don’t yet know why different countries pay different amounts to the EU then you really have no idea what is going on and have not been paying attention for most of your adult life. The kids in our street know why - I cant believe that you don’t know.

By *rMrsWestMidsCouple  over a year ago

Dudley

"In the grand scheme of things? No i don't think these forums are or should be taken seriously. I'll change my mind however when an MP stands up in the house of commons and says something like 'i refer the prime minister to posts put on an internet swinger site that calls for brexit to be scrapped/forged ahead with'....or summink pmsl I hope some of the plastic experts on here read that because they really think the pm reads there very important posts on fab "

Too true!

Central

I'd still encourage anyone with a mind that's still functional to steer clear of media that will rot it.

"

In Pats own words no one takes anything seriously on here so we can assume whatever we want about his posts. Lies? Misunderstanding? Ignorance? Malicious? Stupid? No one cares anyway (seemingly). To be realistic I do not think you would be aware of how much or little research those who support remain or leave have undertaken on particular topics .

It is bizarre to suggest that those who support remain have undertaken more detailed research.

As things currently stand no remainn organisation can provide a detailed explanation as to why it ie beneficial for the UK to remain in the EU or explain why some countries are net beneficiaries subsidised by those who make net contributions ."

Have you seen detailed analysis why being out of the eu is beneficial?

Just a quick Google and I've found a 37 page analysis by the oecd on the economic consequences of Brexit.

The cross subsidies is most likely a function of the eu being a semi social project. Not unlike London being a net contributor to the UK and other areas taking more than they pay in.

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

"

"

Just one part of evidence is the constant scaremongering against immigration. You can Google and see collections of their front pages, one after the other stoking up fear of immigrants.

As for your point about Asian newsagents - this is painfully stupid. Shopkeepers run on tight margins and can't afford not to stock big selling papers on a point of principle.

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

Meanwhile, British Steel is about to go under due to Brexit issues, risking thousands of jobs. But don't worry, Pat reckons clothes will be cheaper

Aren't all brexiters supposed to ignore experts these days. Especially economists and even more so European economists and even more so German economists.

Why the sudden change .?

Could it be this guy confirms all your beliefs and biases about brexit.

Just sayin..

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

"

Back in the real world you will find that the Express is the paper of choice for many responsible citizens. Do you actually buy and read it and on What basis do you form your opinion of it. ? "

The number of people reading the Express is tumbling. Possibly because it has the journalistic standards of the beano

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

"

It is difficult to see how a few tweaks to duties are going to make us worse off . We simply need to adopt to changing circumstances ."

You don't understand economics at all do you? You clearly havent got the foggiest about how the WTO rules work

"amazing

when virtually every economist expert world bank etc predict problems for the uk economy after brexit we are told thats just project fear

when one german economist says otherwise we are supposed to cheer"

Pretty much yes

"

Back in the real world "

From Pat of all people

"

Pointing out the Brexit lies and explaining why their wrong is the detailed explanation why we would be better off staying a member.

Not very complicated really is it.

"

As things currently stand no remainn organisation can provide a detailed explanation as to why it ie beneficial for the UK to remain in the EU or explain why some countries are net beneficiaries subsidised by those who make net contributions .

1) Every single Remain organisation has done nothing but bang on about the multi dimensional benefits of the U.K. remaining in the EU. Including, but not limited to - supporting the car manufacturing industry that only returned to these shores because of our EU membership. Unfettered access to the largest and most successful economic, trading and political union in the world which also just happens to be right on our doorstep. EU membership and associated involvement in the customs union and single market grease the wheels of our every day, day to day lives and provide educational, travel and work opportunities far greater than we ever had before. There is a very simple logic at play here Pat - adding barriers and making things more difficult to trade with your closest trading partners is never a good idea. The very essence of trade is that for it to be successful, it should be painless, barrier free and simple. The issue is that many Brexiters (yourself included) seem to be unable to grasp multi-dimensional concepts that extend beyond the simplistic.

2) if you don’t yet know why different countries pay different amounts to the EU then you really have no idea what is going on and have not been paying attention for most of your adult life. The kids in our street know why - I cant believe that you don’t know. "

The point is that no one is able to quantify the benefits to which you refer and whether the costs incurred justify the benefits ( assuming that we are able to quantify them ). We also have to reflect the fact that by being members of the EU we are currently paying more for clothes and food than we need.

In any event we will continue to trade with the EU, albeit on slightly different terms. The EU cannot afford to lose out business.

Interesting no one seems too keen to comment on how they propose to make up the contribution which they currently receive from the UK.

Ultimately the electorate decided that the benefits did not justify the cost.

That was neither yours or my opinion , it was simply democracy in action.

You can hardly get fairer than that.

"

2) if you don’t yet know why different countries pay different amounts to the EU then you really have no idea what is going on and have not been paying attention for most of your adult life. The kids in our street know why - I cant believe that you don’t know. The point is that no one is able to quantify the benefits to which you refer and whether the costs incurred justify the benefits ( assuming that we are able to quantify them ). We also have to reflect the fact that by being members of the EU we are currently paying more for clothes and food than we need.

In any event we will continue to trade with the EU, albeit on slightly different terms. The EU cannot afford to lose out business.

Interesting no one seems too keen to comment on how they propose to make up the contribution which they currently receive from the UK.

"

You say nobody. I mentioned a paper of the costs of Brexit. By implication the costs of Brexit are the benefits of beingin the eu. That paper was about the forth link of putting in Brexit into Google scholar.

You need to explain why we are paying more as part of the eu. No one is forcing to buy eu. So why can't we soutxe today from this cheaper place?

UK business is c 7% of the export business any one eu country does with us. Our exports are 40% to the eu. We're in the weak position here.

Yes the EU will need to rebalance their books. The question is how much this weighs on them in the negotiations. That is our only strong position IMO. And in the scheme of things it's not that strong.

And yes, the majority voted to leave. Once upon a time the majority of people thought the earth was flat. The majority doesn't prove anything. How many (on either side) really sat down and thought about this. Who thought what WTO meant given leave only talked about a deal? Did you know how much each country traded with us to believe they need us more than we needed them. Or did you just look at the exports in absolute dollar terms?

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"A German economist has said that the UK made the correct decision with its vote to Leave the EU in 2016. Dr Markus Krall says the Uk should be "far, far away" when the Eurozone Explosion happens, which he implies is not very far away.

I have allways said this but when posying this got insulted etc as usual.Met some Germans on holiday and they said to me that the EU was fnished and the British are right to leave

"

I think what we're saying is that, like Minford, Dr Krall is wrong and that the bias is the Express is that it gives more coverage to the two or three economists who think BREXIT is going to make us better off and very little to thousands that know it will make us worse off."

There are plenty more than 2 or 3 Brexit supporting economists, a quick look on Google will tell anyone that. I just had a quick look on Google and plenty came up such as former governor of the Bank of England Mervyn King, former chancellors such as Norman Lamont and Nigel Lawson, Economists who write for newspapers such as Liam Halligan, Ruth Lea and The director general at the institute for economic affairs Mark Littlewood. Also a few foreign economists came up besides Dr Krall, such as Steve Keen and another German economist at Germany's biggest bank (Deutsche Bank) David Folkert-Landau, (who said Britain would thrive outside of the EU) not to mention Patrick Minford's economists for free trade group. There are plenty more but i can't be arsed to list them all. Just Google it.

As for your claim that thousands more economists support remain, maybe so but that doesn't necessarily make them better economists. Lets look at track records shall we. As far as i can see the "thousands more" economists backing remain have been proven consistently wrong in the past. Groups like the CBI were wrong about the Gold standard in the 20th century and were also wrong about the effects of the ERM in the 1990's. Many remain backing economists also wanted the Uk to join the Euro, thank Fuck we never listened to them as keeping the British pound has proven to be the correct decision over time. Then again in 2016 the "thousands more" remain economists predicted a deep and immediate recession if the country dared to vote leave, house prices would crash, we would need an emergency budget and millions of jobs would be lost. All those predictions from remain economists have turned to shit.

Meanwhile its the Brexit backing economists who have consistently been proven correct, who said the economy would continue to grow after a leave vote (which it has), and more jobs would emerge in the uk (which they have) and unemployment would fall (which it has). The Uk also just overtook the USA as the number one global destination for foreign direct investment.

In short its not a matter of who has more economists, its a matter of who has the quality economists that have been proven correct over time, and the answer to that is the economists who backed Brexit.

"Well done, you've found someone who validates your vote to Leave in 2016.

I'm sure there must be more if you look hard enough.

"

Refer you to my last post above, indeed there are plenty more.

"amazing

when one german economist says otherwise we are supposed to cheer"

Not just one German economist, i just found another one, try looking up David Folkert-Landau (he's the chief economist at Germany's biggest bank, Deutsche Bank).

in Lancashire

"

I think what we're saying is that, like Minford, Dr Krall is wrong and that the bias is the Express is that it gives more coverage to the two or three economists who think BREXIT is going to make us better off and very little to thousands that know it will make us worse off.

There are plenty more than 2 or 3 Brexit supporting economists, a quick look on Google will tell anyone that. I just had a quick look on Google and plenty came up such as former governor of the Bank of England Mervyn King, former chancellors such as Norman Lamont and Nigel Lawson, Economists who write for newspapers such as Liam Halligan, Ruth Lea and The director general at the institute for economic affairs Mark Littlewood. Also a few foreign economists came up besides Dr Krall, such as Steve Keen and another German economist at Germany's biggest bank (Deutsche Bank) David Folkert-Landau, (who said Britain would thrive outside of the EU) not to mention Patrick Minford's economists for free trade group. There are plenty more but i can't be arsed to list them all. Just Google it.

As for your claim that thousands more economists support remain, maybe so but that doesn't necessarily make them better economists. Lets look at track records shall we. As far as i can see the "thousands more" economists backing remain have been proven consistently wrong in the past. Groups like the CBI were wrong about the Gold standard in the 20th century and were also wrong about the effects of the ERM in the 1990's. Many remain backing economists also wanted the Uk to join the Euro, thank Fuck we never listened to them as keeping the British pound has proven to be the correct decision over time. Then again in 2016 the "thousands more" remain economists predicted a deep and immediate recession if the country dared to vote leave, house prices would crash, we would need an emergency budget and millions of jobs would be lost. All those predictions from remain economists have turned to shit.

Meanwhile its the Brexit backing economists who have consistently been proven correct, who said the economy would continue to grow after a leave vote (which it has), and more jobs would emerge in the uk (which they have) and unemployment would fall (which it has). The Uk also just overtook the USA as the number one global destination for foreign direct investment.

In short its not a matter of who has more economists, its a matter of who has the quality economists that have been proven correct over time, and the answer to that is the economists who backed Brexit. "

Welcome back Centy..

"

In short its not a matter of who has more economists, its a matter of who has the quality economists that have been proven correct over time, and the answer to that is the economists who backed Brexit.

Welcome back Centy.. "

Who the fuck is Centy?

"

Back in the real world you will find that the Express is the paper of choice for many responsible citizens. Do you actually buy and read it and on What basis do you form your opinion of it. ?

The number of people reading the Express is tumbling. Possibly because it has the journalistic standards of the beano"

The number of people reading ALL newspapers is tumbling, the trend has been going that way for years now. People are getting their news from other places in the modern digital age.

Central

"

2) if you don’t yet know why different countries pay different amounts to the EU then you really have no idea what is going on and have not been paying attention for most of your adult life. The kids in our street know why - I cant believe that you don’t know. The point is that no one is able to quantify the benefits to which you refer and whether the costs incurred justify the benefits ( assuming that we are able to quantify them ). We also have to reflect the fact that by being members of the EU we are currently paying more for clothes and food than we need.

"

It was democracy at a point quite a long time ago in the past.

As we know, democracy is an ongoing process. Already thousands of people from that time are sadly now dead. Younger people have aged and can now vote. Everyone has different needs, understandings and perspectives.

Finding answers that explain simple or complex matters though, to the unspecified standard of someone who is not motivated and with anything but an open mind, is always something that only they should ever embark upon themselves. Fancy trying it?

"

Welcome back Centy.. "

Is it really him? This should be a right laugh! Pat has a comrade at last!

in Lancashire

"

Welcome back Centy..

Is it really him? This should be a right laugh! Pat has a comrade at last! "

I think there are similarities in how this guy and Centy phrase things, style of writing etc if it's not Centy under a new profile it's quite a coincidence..

"

In short its not a matter of who has more economists, its a matter of who has the quality economists that have been proven correct over time, and the answer to that is the economists who backed Brexit. "

Hi. A great post and the voice of reality. The concept of Project Fear seems laughable now.

If everyone took your positive can do attitude we would be out of the EU by now and enjoying the fruits of our departure.

"

In short its not a matter of who has more economists, its a matter of who has the quality economists that have been proven correct over time, and the answer to that is the economists who backed Brexit. Hi. A great post and the voice of reality. The concept of Project Fear seems laughable now.

If everyone took your positive can do attitude we would be out of the EU by now and enjoying the fruits of our departure. "

Oh you poor delusional chap

"

In short its not a matter of who has more economists, its a matter of who has the quality economists that have been proven correct over time, and the answer to that is the economists who backed Brexit. Hi. A great post and the voice of reality. The concept of Project Fear seems laughable now.

If everyone took your positive can do attitude we would be out of the EU by now and enjoying the fruits of our departure.

Oh you poor delusional chap "

I feel like I've had this dance before.

I've not seen a Mervyn king analysis. He's anti the euro, but from what I've read his Brexit position has never been backed up by economics.

Minford basis his economics on the Liverpool model rather than the geography model. As a model he's the only one who pushes it. And as an academic he is notorious for publish work without peer review. His model where there is a Brexit benefit also results in the decimation of the UK farming and manufacturing industry.

Steve keen has interesting views on frictional costs being bigger than tariffs. He also says tariffs are okay on the way out because all it does is offset sterling weaknesses. But the current economic position is with a sterling weakness baked in. So to argue that is to argue our gdp is being propped up by having the swings but not the roundabout.

Of course next you may say Mervyn King wanted to deflate the sterling as it was too high. What he's never said is that where it is now, given Brexit, is the right place. It may still be inflated given the new normal.

And here's a quote from David folkert. The adjustment is going to be painful. It is immature to think this is just two or three per cent of GDP."

On the hmrc forecast there's been analysis that says we didn't get the short hard shock forecasted. But we've had a lower smaller shock that has come out at about the same impact.

But I can only semi defend this as I think they did over egg the impact as they didn't allow for the fact that if the peiple voted for Brexit that would imply they were confident. And so carry on spending. They missed the emotions behind economies. As many economists do. However our increasing personal debt is a worry. But that's not really Brexit per se. So I digress.

you dismiss remain predictions as having no track record. I hope you hold the leavers to the same standard....

End of dance.

» Add a new message to this topic