FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Trump's at it again....

Trump's at it again....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So Trump has coerced Google and others to cut away from Huawei in his latest bid of sanctions.

Who is controlling who? Is Trump intimating it or are Google and Apple scared of the competition. Are Samsung & Apple crying to their mate Trump no one will buy our overpriced shit anymore!!! Theyre not going to give up their £1000 phones easily, are they bullying the market to keep their price point?

Is there really any truth behind the allegations?

Do you really think the US is that vulnerable?

Is Google concerned that their future of control and manipulation could be 'trumped' by another?

What do others think is going on?

I moved to Huawei. Best phone in everyway I've ever had.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"So Trump has coerced Google and others to cut away from Huawei in his latest bid of sanctions.

Who is controlling who? Is Trump intimating it or are Google and Apple scared of the competition. Are Samsung & Apple crying to their mate Trump no one will buy our overpriced shit anymore!!! Theyre not going to give up their £1000 phones easily, are they bullying the market to keep their price point?

Is Google concerned that their future of control and manipulation could be 'trumped' by another?

I moved to Huawei. Best phone in everyway I've ever had."

I'm sticking with my Samsung thanks

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"So Trump has coerced Google and others to cut away from Huawei in his latest bid of sanctions.

I don't know, I genuinely don't.

What I do know is that getting into a trade war with China probably isn't the best thing to be doing but guess who will suffer the most? The ordinary bloke just trying to send text messages and look at YouTube

I moved to Huawei. Best phone in everyway I've ever had. I'm sticking with my Samsung thanks "

I had Samsung for years with a blip in the middle with an iPhone, that lasted all but a few months. I had the Note series. Second best phone I've ever had. This one though beats it hands down in every department. Doesn't even get warm when charging which was an issue with my Samsungs.

I don't know, I genuinely don't.

What I do know is that getting into a trade war with China probably isn't the best thing to be doing but guess who will suffer the most? The ordinary bloke just trying to send text messages and look at YouTube"

Yes it's what often does happen. Though what then often happens is something new emerges out of the dust.

I posted something on FB about it and asked peoples thoughts about Huawei users deleting all Google apps and consider other options. This could soon open up new apps.

Also I'd say some developer is already working on an app to disguise the phone and let Google think it's something else.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Ermmm Huawei p30 pro is the same price as Samsung s10+...Huawei flagships ain't cheap either...

I think it's a slightly more political move than people are making it out to be. If apple didn't charge so much for aesthetics they'd solve their own problem.

"I think it's a slightly more political move than people are making it out to be. If apple didn't charge so much for aesthetics they'd solve their own problem."

They're a trillion dollar company, they don't know what problems are.

Huawei has been accused of spying for a good while now. Canada arrested an employee of Huawei last year.

Its not some new thing between Trump and China.

Huawei was supposed to be doing the infrastructure for the UK's 5g network but they're only doing certain parts of it now for security reasons

"Ermmm Huawei p30 pro is the same price as Samsung s10+...Huawei flagships ain't cheap either...

"

No they aren't. Is that more to do with the fact they can charge what Apple and Samsung gave traditionally done because they have arguably a direct competitor. I'd say their profit margin is far greater, so they can drop prices considerably more soon after launching.

$180 cheaper at a quick search which may not be much, however when looking secondhand or even after 6 months after release Huawei are far better value again.

"Huawei has been accused of spying for a good while now. Canada arrested an employee of Huawei last year.

Huawei was supposed to be doing the infrastructure for the UK's 5g network but they're only doing certain parts of it now for security reasons"

Indeed, I'd say that was part of the trade war initial tactics.

"Huawei has been accused of spying for a good while now. Canada arrested an employee of Huawei last year.

Huawei was supposed to be doing the infrastructure for the UK's 5g network but they're only doing certain parts of it now for security reasons

Indeed, I'd say that was part of the trade war initial tactics."

I don't see why Canada and the UK would get involved, The UK should be doing everything it can to avoid trade wars while Brexit is what it is.

Samsung isn't an American company, and Google have Android on a range of different brands of phones that aren't American brands

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

It's dead simple... if a company is restricted by US sanctions, then US companies are NOT ALLOWED to trade with them. Google has NO Choice.

On the other hand, Android is primarily an open source system which is unrestricted and can be modified by anyone to suite their needs.

You also have to keep in mind that Huawi ARE financed by the Chinese Government and said government do routinely Spy on and Hack companies and Agencies in the western world... a little caution seem logical.

Cal

It's dead simple... if a company is restricted by US sanctions, then US companies are NOT ALLOWED to trade with them. Google has NO Choice.

On the other hand, Android is primarily an open source system which is unrestricted and can be modified by anyone to suite their needs.

You also have to keep in mind that Huawi ARE financed by the Chinese Government and said government do routinely Spy on and Hack companies and Agencies in the western world... a little caution seem logical.

Cal"

No, its Trumps fault, take your facts else where please

Scunthorpe

Cal

------

No, its Trumps fault, take your facts else where please"

Sorry, I'll just go and stand in the corner and think about my actions

Cal

------

No, its Trumps fault, take your facts else where please

Sorry, I'll just go and stand in the corner and think about my actions "

You have been sanctioned

Cal"

And America hasn't

If you have a microphone in your house then Google and America have access to every conversation within hearing distance in your home.

By *ultry SuccubusTV/TS  over a year ago

London&Dublin

"

And America hasn't

If you have a microphone in your house then Google and America have access to every conversation within hearing distance in your home."

It's about monopoly.

I can do it, but other people can't.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

It's mainly the fact that Huawei are producing a better and cheaper product than Apple and Samsung. Less sales means less tax dollars for the Trump administration.

Apple phones are certainly assembled in China. Not sure about Samsung. Mobile phones are end to end encrypted so less of a security issue.

Fuck! I always lose at monopoly!

Stick to bananagrams....much safer!

"It's mainly the fact that Huawei are producing a better and cheaper product than Apple and Samsung. Less sales means less tax dollars for the Trump administration.

Apple phones are certainly assembled in China. Not sure about Samsung. Mobile phones are end to end encrypted so less of a security issue. "

Why would it matter if its a better or cheaper product than Samsung? Samsung isn't an American company

"It's mainly the fact that Huawei are producing a better and cheaper product than Apple and Samsung. Less sales means less tax dollars for the Trump administration.

Apple phones are certainly assembled in China. Not sure about Samsung. Mobile phones are end to end encrypted so less of a security issue. "

I'm wondering if Apple have to now consider making their own instead of getting the Chinese to make them for them? Watch this space. Wonder how they'd survive.

Has Trump wondered if China is using iPhones to spy on him.

Cal"

Is Apple not American made in China, nothing about stopping production and distribution.

I'm still going by pressure from #sourgrapesthechinesearebetteratitthanus theory.

"Ermmm Huawei p30 pro is the same price as Samsung s10+...Huawei flagships ain't cheap either...

No they aren't. Is that more to do with the fact they can charge what Apple and Samsung gave traditionally done because they have arguably a direct competitor. I'd say their profit margin is far greater, so they can drop prices considerably more soon after launching.

$180 cheaper at a quick search which may not be much, however when looking secondhand or even after 6 months after release Huawei are far better value again."

Then let's take this down even further Oneplus or even Pocophone F1 offer far greater value for money than Huawei

$180 cheaper at a quick search which may not be much, however when looking secondhand or even after 6 months after release Huawei are far better value again.

Then let's take this down even further Oneplus or even Pocophone F1 offer far greater value for money than Huawei

"

Maybe so. Depends on what is meant by greater value? Both of those I've never heard of, which raises a big question for me.

Nothing has anything like the Huawei camera quality atm either.

It's a different issue from the trade war issues though.

Maybe so. Depends on what is meant by greater value? Both of those I've never heard of, which raises a big question for me.

It's a different issue from the trade war issues though."

Question for you, plenty of Tech YouTubers reviewed all the phones mentioned in this thread and hundreds more.

Oneplus 6T was awarded phone of the year award by YTber who literally gets send free shit from all the major brands in the world just so he gives an opinion on them. They even reach out to him for development suggestions.

Pocophone F1 was a $300 phone with specs rivaling flagships.

Pixel 3 has better camera for pictures

iPhone has better camera for video

Huawei atm is only best in battery life compared to other flagships.

Scunthorpe

"

Is Apple not American made in China, nothing about stopping production and distribution.

I'm still going by pressure from #sourgrapesthechinesearebetteratitthanus theory."

The US hasn't raised sanctions against all of China, just a group of named companies who are deemed to pose a threat. Trump really isn't concerned with the "cell-phone" market, he's more bothered about the infrastructure. Huawei are the leading manufacturers of 5G transmission and routing technology so their equipment would potentially be handling billions of calls & Data connections. Our own "intelligence" services are also warning against using their infrastructure to create our 5G networks.

It was discovered just a few weeks ago that much of their routing hardware that is already in use has a wireless connection on board which is not mentioned in the specifications... Huawei say that this is for "future upgrades" but it has been demonstrated that it can be used as a path to monitor data as it passes through.

Cal

It's a different issue from the trade war issues though."

All I'm saying look at the phones objectively and not through brand loyalty glasses like some people do.

I owned Samsung and I hated battery life of it.

I own Oneplus 6 and battery got much worse over time so won't be getting one of them again.

I was actually looking at huawei, the battery king but with no android support it's a dead phone.

Question for you, plenty of Tech YouTubers reviewed all the phones mentioned in this thread and hundreds more.

Oneplus 6T was awarded phone of the year award by YTber who literally gets send free shit from all the major brands in the world just so he gives an opinion on them. They even reach out to him for development suggestions.

Pocophone F1 was a $300 phone with specs rivaling flagships.

Pixel 3 has better camera for pictures

iPhone has better camera for video

Huawei atm is only best in battery life compared to other flagships.

"

Huawei only best in battery life? Think the reviews I've read have put the P30 pro out front but I'm sure others may demonstrate differently.

I'll look into the other two you mention.

All I'm saying look at the phones objectively and not through brand loyalty glasses like some people do.

I own Oneplus 6 and battery got much worse over time so won't be getting one of them again.

I was actually looking at huawei, the battery king but with no android support it's a dead phone."

I thought that about no android support but I found no issues. In what way do you say it's then dead?

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Trump is rather good at this. He needs a deflection from his troubles at home, and will probably reverse his decision at the G20 next month, and everyone will think he's then the good guy.

"Trump is rather good at this. He needs a deflection from his troubles at home, and will probably reverse his decision at the G20 next month, and everyone will think he's then the good guy. "

He is at that.

But few think he's a good guy.

I was actually looking at huawei, the battery king but with no android support it's a dead phone.

I thought that about no android support but I found no issues. In what way do you say it's then dead?"

It will not be able to run android outside of China, no android, no Google play store. The phone will need a new OS, and then they will have to convince app developers to make apps for the new OS, which isn't going to happen.

» Add a new message to this topic