FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Euro elections

Euro elections

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Did you vote, went to vote tonight and only 320 people had today in our polling station.

I spoiled my vote by the way!!!!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

I voted and all four of my children did too. We needed to cancel out the two UUKIPvoters next door.

By *uscious_Lady1Woman  over a year ago

norwich

Yeah I voted

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yep, we took our four doggos along and voted

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

"I voted and all four of my children did too. We needed to cancel out the two UUKIPvoters next door. "

Lol!!! it’s not the UKIP voters you should be worried by.... it’s the 40 Brexit Party voters throughout the rest of your street!

How you going to “cancel out” those Hahahaha

By *ySweetLadyWoman  over a year ago

London

Of course I voted.

I would not feel comfortable discussing politics if I were not to “do my bit” and vote.

If you don't have your say someone else will on your behalf so I always exercise my right to vote.

Yes I voted and unfortunately its always a low turn out where I am.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

We voted. One of the officers said it was a better turn out than they expected at our polling station

"We voted. One of the officers said it was a better turn out than they expected at our polling station"

That's good.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

My polling card says I should place my vote at Lord Darcy's rear.

I voted. First time I've ever had to queue at that polling station so not sure if that's indicative ofor a high turn out or the time I went

I posted mine last week

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"My polling card says I should place my vote at Lord Darcy's rear. "

and did you

By *organ and rob zombieCouple  over a year ago

bradford

Yes! Even after a 13 hour day, we felt we had to vote in defiance of gammon scum

here

"Yes! Even after a 13 hour day, we felt we had to vote in defiance of gammon scum "

No wonder the country is divided the way it is at the moment

No, not until later today

"No, not until later today "

Oh is different days in different countries, I just assumed every one was today.

"Yes! Even after a 13 hour day, we felt we had to vote in defiance of gammon scum

No wonder the country is divided the way it is at the moment "

Was your earlier post on this thread openly mocking someone (I'm assuming that was the reason you started it with a LOL and ended it with hahahaha) helping to create or heal divides?

We did, the box was so full we could barely fit our papers in...never seen that before!

"No, not until later today

Oh is different days in different countries, I just assumed every one was today. "

Yes, ours is today. It's almost always on a Friday here.

here

"Yes! Even after a 13 hour day, we felt we had to vote in defiance of gammon scum

Was your earlier post on this thread openly mocking someone (I'm assuming that was the reason you started it with a LOL and ended it with hahahaha) helping to create or heal divides? "

No I genuinely found it funny. “Cancelling out” the 2 UKIP voting next door neighbours when

In fact it’s really not the UKIP voters that are the threat...

Certainly not mocking, and most definitely very different to the derogatory tone of “gammon scum”

By *organ and rob zombieCouple  over a year ago

bradford

No wonder the country is divided the way it is at the moment "

Divided indeed, but why?

Was your earlier post on this thread openly mocking someone (I'm assuming that was the reason you started it with a LOL and ended it with hahahaha) helping to create or heal divides?

No I genuinely found it funny. “Cancelling out” the 2 UKIP voting next door neighbours when

Certainly not mocking, and most definitely very different to the derogatory tone of “gammon scum”

"

Yet I can get called a snowflake for who I voted for

here

Divided indeed, but why? "

I don’t know but I would say You felt compelled to vote “in defiance of gammon scum” . Surely we vote in a positive way, for what we believe in and want , and not as a negative reaction to the perceived wrong choices of other voters?

"

Is it really all that different in the context of a divided society?

Is laughing at people, and particularly as your explanation effectively states that you are laughing at them because you feel they are ill informed? doing anything constructive to heal the divided society we live in?

here

Is laughing at people, and particularly as your explanation effectively states that you are laughing at them because you feel they are ill informed? doing anything constructive to heal the divided society we live in?

"

Nope

Not laughing at them and not passing any kind of statement that says I think they are ill informed (your words- not mine).

It’s my post which simply says something made me chuckle/laugh.

Don’t make it something it’s not - there’s nothing between the lines!

By *stellaWoman  over a year ago

London

Was your earlier post on this thread openly mocking someone (I'm assuming that was the reason you started it with a LOL and ended it with hahahaha) helping to create or heal divides? "

Exactly. One rule for me and another for everyone else

Nope

Not laughing at them and not passing any kind of statement that says I think they are ill informed (your words- not mine).

Don’t make it something it’s not - there’s nothing between the lines!"

ignore him mate

London

Nope

Don’t make it something it’s not - there’s nothing between the lines!"

To be honest I read yours as the first attack the other person’s choice comment of the thread. Even if you didn’t intend it that way, it’s interesting that it has come across that way to some others.

London

here he is again Mr keyboard warrior guessing it's all you do get up to because your one and only very is sad"

Describing yourself there.

here he is again Mr keyboard warrior guessing it's all you do get up to because your one and only very is sad

Describing yourself there."

if you say so love that's your opinion what your allowed but unfortunately wrong

here he is again Mr keyboard warrior guessing it's all you do get up to because your one and only very is sad

Describing yourself there. if you say so love that's your opinion what your allowed but unfortunately wrong"

Can opinions be wrong?

London

Describing yourself there. if you say so love that's your opinion what your allowed but unfortunately wrong"

Subjective opinion. And wrong.

here

Nope

To be honest I read yours as the first attack the other person’s choice comment of the thread. Even if you didn’t intend it that way, it’s interesting that it has come across that way to some others. "

“Attack”

Where?

Nope

To be honest I read yours as the first attack the other person’s choice comment of the thread. Even if you didn’t intend it that way, it’s interesting that it has come across that way to some others.

“Attack”

Where?"

there's no attacking

here he is again Mr keyboard warrior guessing it's all you do get up to because your one and only very is sad"

While I'm loathe to get in to this conversation, maybe just maybe the one public verification saying "avoid at all costs" is tongue in cheek

London

Nope

“Attack”

Where?"

You’re missing the fact that whilst it may not have intended to be it can be perceived to be - attack as in laugh and dismiss which is a form of attack. Surely you’re nuanced enough to get that. Again, for clarity, I’m not saying it was intended to be - just asking you to reflect and understand why your put down of someone else’s attacking comment (albeit that or was more semantically aggressive but at a general group, whereas yours was laughter at a specific person) was pulled up after you’d done something that can be construed similarly divisive earlier in the thread.

London

Anyway, yes I voted.

While I'm loathe to get in to this conversation, maybe just maybe the one public verification saying "avoid at all costs" is tongue in cheek"

but can I ask you nicely without it turning into a argument why you feel the need to comment on every thread trying to belittle someone and if its not purposely done that how it looks

London

Please don’t PM me to slag off other site users.

here

Nope

“Attack”

Where?

You’re missing the fact that whilst it may not have intended to be it can be perceived to be - attack as in laugh and dismiss which is a form of attack. Surely you’re nuanced enough to get that. Again, for clarity, I’m not saying it was intended to be - just asking you to reflect and understand why your put down of someone else’s attacking comment (albeit that or was more semantically aggressive but at a general group, whereas yours was laughter at a specific person) was pulled up after you’d done something that can be construed similarly divisive earlier in the thread. "

My goodness that’s me told.

Must do better in future, and will give proper and reflective consideration to future posts

"Did you vote, went to vote tonight and only 320 people had today in our polling station.

I spoiled my vote by the way!!!!!"

Oh you so smart . You took the time to go a vote just to spoil it. It just mean you don't have the right to complain about anything now.So who ever wins or loses who can't complain or be happy about it.

As far as the government knows is you voted.

And it just means that it's the same as you not even went out to vote.

Nope

“Attack”

Where?

You’re missing the fact that whilst it may not have intended to be it can be perceived to be - attack as in laugh and dismiss which is a form of attack. Surely you’re nuanced enough to get that. Again, for clarity, I’m not saying it was intended to be - just asking you to reflect and understand why your put down of someone else’s attacking comment (albeit that or was more semantically aggressive but at a general group, whereas yours was laughter at a specific person) was pulled up after you’d done something that can be construed similarly divisive earlier in the thread. "

so I fully appreciate that comment fully but then can I also ask you why you comment on some threads with comments that could come across the same way

here

"Anyway, yes I voted.

"

So did I

Absolutely, i have a polling station just across the road but as im on the wrong side i had to walk somewhere 20 mins away, at least it was a nice day lol x

London

Nope

“Attack”

Where?

You’re missing the fact that whilst it may not have intended to be it can be perceived to be - attack as in laugh and dismiss which is a form of attack. Surely you’re nuanced enough to get that. Again, for clarity, I’m not saying it was intended to be - just asking you to reflect and understand why your put down of someone else’s attacking comment (albeit that or was more semantically aggressive but at a general group, whereas yours was laughter at a specific person) was pulled up after you’d done something that can be construed similarly divisive earlier in the thread. so I fully appreciate that comment fully but then can I also ask you why you comment on some threads with comments that could come across the same way "

And can I ask you why you do?

It’s called having and giving opinions. But I am always happy to have feedback and reflect on it.

London

Nope

“Attack”

Where?

You’re missing the fact that whilst it may not have intended to be it can be perceived to be - attack as in laugh and dismiss which is a form of attack. Surely you’re nuanced enough to get that. Again, for clarity, I’m not saying it was intended to be - just asking you to reflect and understand why your put down of someone else’s attacking comment (albeit that or was more semantically aggressive but at a general group, whereas yours was laughter at a specific person) was pulled up after you’d done something that can be construed similarly divisive earlier in the thread.

Must do better in future, and will give proper and reflective consideration to future posts

"

Just explaining an answer to your question

Nope

“Attack”

Where?

You’re missing the fact that whilst it may not have intended to be it can be perceived to be - attack as in laugh and dismiss which is a form of attack. Surely you’re nuanced enough to get that. Again, for clarity, I’m not saying it was intended to be - just asking you to reflect and understand why your put down of someone else’s attacking comment (albeit that or was more semantically aggressive but at a general group, whereas yours was laughter at a specific person) was pulled up after you’d done something that can be construed similarly divisive earlier in the thread. so I fully appreciate that comment fully but then can I also ask you why you comment on some threads with comments that could come across the same way

It’s called having and giving opinions. But I am always happy to have feedback and reflect on it. "

this is the first time I've actually been rude to someone on any post and I will also take your feed back on board

London

Nope

“Attack”

Where?

You’re missing the fact that whilst it may not have intended to be it can be perceived to be - attack as in laugh and dismiss which is a form of attack. Surely you’re nuanced enough to get that. Again, for clarity, I’m not saying it was intended to be - just asking you to reflect and understand why your put down of someone else’s attacking comment (albeit that or was more semantically aggressive but at a general group, whereas yours was laughter at a specific person) was pulled up after you’d done something that can be construed similarly divisive earlier in the thread. so I fully appreciate that comment fully but then can I also ask you why you comment on some threads with comments that could come across the same way

It’s called having and giving opinions. But I am always happy to have feedback and reflect on it. this is the first time I've actually been rude to someone on any post and I will also take your feed back on board"

Rude in your opinion, remember it’s subjective. Many of your comments may have been perceived as rude on other threads, that’s my point!

London

Anyway back to the OP.

here

Nope

“Attack”

Where?

Just explaining an answer to your question "

Surely it’s an interpretation, rather an answer.

Answer would suggest it’s definitive

here

Nope

“Attack”

Where?

Answer would suggest it’s definitive"

Bugger ... forgot to put an emoji

London

Nope

“Attack”

Where?

Answer would suggest it’s definitive"

I said “an” answer not the “the” answer.

Nope

“Attack”

Where?

Bugger ... forgot to put an emoji "

be getting done

here

Nope

“Attack”

Where?

I said “an” answer not the “the” answer. "

"Did you vote, went to vote tonight and only 320 people had today in our polling station.

So you didn't vote then, fair enough, I did.

I put a cross in a box

Voted for democracy yesterday

"I put a cross in a box"

sorry being nosy a cross. ? Over here it was 1/2/3/4 and so on . You pick your number one party then as many as you want

"I put a cross in a box

sorry being nosy a cross. ? Over here it was 1/2/3/4 and so on . You pick your number one party then as many as you want "

NI has a different system. You folk can cope with choices it seems...

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Yet I can get called a snowflake for who I voted for "

Better than a milkflake

By *lanemikeMan  over a year ago

Bolton

Voted........ The "turn out" at our polling station looked very low....(that was at around 16:00).

By *lanemikeMan  over a year ago

Bolton

[Removed by poster at 24/05/19 15:58:07]

By *anny77Man  over a year ago

glasgow

"Voted for democracy yesterday "

I voted for democracy too... but I bet we’ve got different interpretations of what that might mean

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

Yet I can get called a snowflake for who I voted for "

Well I'll call you sexy regardless what way you voted. ; xx

Of course I voted, left for my shift early to do so. I have Sunday and Monday off to celebrate.

"Of course I voted, left for my shift early to do so. I have Sunday and Monday off to celebrate. "

I will also be celebrating when the Brexit party romps home to victory in the UK. Also hoping that anti EU parties do well across the rest of Europe, which polls indicate they will.

I'll raise a glass to you and say cheers in advance.

Voted and by the looks of it our polling station was dead all day, only me and the misses names were crossed out on our sheet.

They only had the one box out too. Normally they have full ones stacked up. General feeling from friends and family is what's the point.

Does anyone know the percentage turnout yet?

Also, do ye have exit polls?

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

"Does anyone know the percentage turnout yet?

Also, do ye have exit polls? "

No exit poles for the UK. Results Sunday night when we also get turnout I think.

West London

No exit poles for the UK. Results Sunday night when we also get turnout I think."

Different rules by country though...

Think I was the only one my age who voted at my polling station considering how it effects the upcoming generation you’d expect a better turnout

Both voted Brexit party. Very low turn out. Only went to vote to make sure Nigel Farage gets in that way if the new Pm betrays the will of the people like May did, atleast we can veto and be a right pain in the back side to the rest of the Eu

"Both voted Brexit party. Very low turn out. Only went to vote to make sure Nigel Farage gets in that way if the new Pm betrays the will of the people like May did, atleast we can veto and be a right pain in the back side to the rest of the Eu "

Wait, we have veto powers? So they can't force us to do stuff outside our will.

(I'm just playing. But it's the new Brexit paradox that farage is saying we will yield power he once said we never had)

[Removed by poster at 25/05/19 18:25:19]

"Voted for democracy yesterday

I voted for democracy too... but I bet we’ve got different interpretations of what that might mean "

Who did you vote for that meant you were voting for democracy?

No exit poles for the UK. Results Sunday night when we also get turnout I think."

Thanks, I wasn't sure.

From the polls I've seen it looks like the popularist nationalist anti EU right wing side of politics will sweep to a very large minority in the EU, I think maybe 35-40% of the representatives!

Which if nothing else bodes well for another brexit negotiation.

West London

"From the polls I've seen it looks like the popularist nationalist anti EU right wing side of politics will sweep to a very large minority in the EU, I think maybe 35-40% of the representatives!

Which if nothing else bodes well for another brexit negotiation."

Not really. What you don't seem to understand is that in the rest of Europe very few of the populist parties want to leave the EU.

By definition they are nationalist so they will do what's good for them, which is screwing us.

What is your logic?

"Both voted Brexit party. Very low turn out. Only went to vote to make sure Nigel Farage gets in that way if the new Pm betrays the will of the people like May did, atleast we can veto and be a right pain in the back side to the rest of the Eu "

That made me seriously LOL

"Of course I voted, left for my shift early to do so. I have Sunday and Monday off to celebrate.

I will also be celebrating when the Brexit party romps home to victory in the UK. Also hoping that anti EU parties do well across the rest of Europe, which polls indicate they will.

I'll raise a glass to you and say cheers in advance. "

Why did you vote for The Brexit Party in a European election ?

By *rMrsWestMidsCouple  over a year ago

Dudley

"Of course I voted, left for my shift early to do so. I have Sunday and Monday off to celebrate.

Why did you vote for The Brexit Party in a European election ? "

Obvious really, can't you work it out!

To prove that all the leave voters didn't die in the last 3 years! Lol

So why bother, in English common law, silence which is the equivalent of what you done means consent. Do you really think anyone going to think I wonder what he wants.

To prove that all the leave voters didn't die in the last 3 years! Lol "

You voted for a MEP in the European Parliament?? So your expecting the Brexit Party to get about 17.2 million votes??

Dudley

You voted for a MEP in the European Parliament?? So your expecting the Brexit Party to get about 17.2 million votes?? "

Lol, I suspect the Remain supporters are preparing the excuses ready for tomorrows results!

To prove that all the leave voters didn't die in the last 3 years! Lol "

One of things that struck me is that in another forum, that remoaners think democracy is so unimportant when the vote goes against them.

I've always thought Hitler was left wing really, because you go from Tory, less government control, to libertarian, even less, to Nazi total government control.

The only difference between him and the left at least Germany was happy for a bit.

You voted for a MEP in the European Parliament?? So your expecting the Brexit Party to get about 17.2 million votes??

Lol, I suspect the Remain supporters are preparing the excuses ready for tomorrows results! "

I doubt it, the results in the European elections are irrelevant?? Surely you will agree with that

One of things that struck me is that in another forum, that remoaners think democracy is so unimportant when the vote goes against them.

I've always thought Hitler was left wing really, because you go from Tory, less government control, to libertarian, even less, to Nazi total government control.

The only difference between him and the left at least Germany was happy for a bit."

Most remainers want a second vote. The democratic say to determine the next step.

The only difference between him and the left at least Germany was happy for a bit."

I can work out if your being serious? I know your trying to be controversial and to get a reaction but I find these views hilarious very entertaining??

Dudley

Lol, I suspect the Remain supporters are preparing the excuses ready for tomorrows results!

I doubt it, the results in the European elections are irrelevant?? Surely you will agree with that "

Lol, they will be irrelevant because the leave vote is going to do well but if it was the other way round it would be a sign people had changed their mind!

So why bother, in English common law, silence which is the equivalent of what you done means consent. Do you really think anyone going to think I wonder what he wants.

"

It is his democratic right , you will agree with that ??

The only difference between him and the left at least Germany was happy for a bit.

Most remainers want a second vote. The democratic say to determine the next step. "

The first step is to leave and we can't leave because the government don't want to, its like a HR department, ask the workers what they want, don't agree, ignore.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

"From the polls I've seen it looks like the popularist nationalist anti EU right wing side of politics will sweep to a very large minority in the EU, I think maybe 35-40% of the representatives!

Which if nothing else bodes well for another brexit negotiation."

The first thing the next PM will do is travel to Brussels full of pomp and hype.

And nothing surer he or she will come home with his or her tail between their legs.

All the bullshit they spouted during the Tory Party beauty parade will be shown up for the bollocks it is.

And then they will be faced with exactly the same conundrum as May.

Trapped in an inferno made by the Conservative Party.

Europe will destroy the next Conservative PM, just as it has destroyed the last few.

I doubt it, the results in the European elections are irrelevant?? Surely you will agree with that

Lol, they will be irrelevant because the leave vote is going to do well but if it was the other way round it would be a sign people had changed their mind! "

And you believe that?? What happens if the Brexit Party gets less than 17.2 million votes? Will

That be a sign that people have changed their minds??

It is his democratic right , you will agree with that ?? "

He has voted for the winner, if that winner want cut his bollocks off, he hasn't stopped him.

He has voted for the winner, if that winner want cut his bollocks off, he hasn't stopped him."

He used his democratic right ? This isn’t Hitlers Nazi Germany you know

Bristol East

He has voted for the winner, if that winner want cut his bollocks off, he hasn't stopped him."

That may be true in England.

But this is not England.

This is a union of different jurisdictions.

English law does not apply in the United Kingdom.

It's like saying Spanish law applies in the EU.

Except Spain would never be so arrogant.

Lol, they will be irrelevant because the leave vote is going to do well but if it was the other way round it would be a sign people had changed their mind!

And you believe that?? What happens if the Brexit Party gets less than 17.2 million votes? Will

That be a sign that people have changed their minds?? "

Thats such an appalling argument, its like after the Manchester attack you say more people were killed by their lawnmowers like there is a manufacturer of lawnmowers dedicated to destroying western culture.

Nampy pamby fascist arrogance, in a democracy you accept the result, otherwise you're at best a twat at worst a fascist.

Thats such an appalling argument, its like after the Manchester attack you say more people were killed by their lawnmowers like there is a manufacturer of lawnmowers dedicated to destroying western culture.

Nampy pamby fascist arrogance, in a democracy you accept the result, otherwise you're at best a twat at worst a fascist."

Wow, your showing your true colours? Have you just compared a terrorist attack on lawn mowers? That is sick. I still find you funny though, I can’t possibly take your opinions seriously so the best thing to do is laugh at you

Widnes

Lol, they will be irrelevant because the leave vote is going to do well but if it was the other way round it would be a sign people had changed their mind! "

We don't know the results yet but I doubt that the BREXIT/UKIP parties will have got more than around 30%. I also expect the Remain parties will get about the same as will Labour and the Conservatives between them. Unless the actual results are significantly different from that I really don't think we'll be able to draw anything much from it.

Bristol East

The turn-out is key - if it's the usual, it renders it pretty meaningless as national poll.

Widnes

The first thing the next PM will do is travel to Brussels full of pomp and hype.

And nothing surer he or she will come home with his or her tail between their legs.

All the bullshit they spouted during the Tory Party beauty parade will be shown up for the bollocks it is.

Europe will destroy the next Conservative PM, just as it has destroyed the last few.

"

It won't be the EU that destroys the next Conservative Prime Minister. It will the Conservative party and the the person themselves that will destroy them, just as with the last two. While the Conservatives insist on being a party for BREXIT they cannot also be the party of business and economic pragmatism; and without that what's the point of them.

Bristol East

I agree.

Widnes

"The turn-out is key - if it's the usual, it renders it pretty meaningless as national poll.

"

That too. Some on here are saying that turnout seemed low but when I went to vote at 7:45am the officials told me that they'd already had more in than usual that morning. In fact they were sending of for more ballot papers as, if it kept up, they didn't think they'd have enough to see them through.

Nampy pamby fascist arrogance, in a democracy you accept the result, otherwise you're at best a twat at worst a fascist.

Wow, your showing your true colours? Have you just compared a terrorist attack on lawn mowers? That is sick. I still find you funny though, I can’t possibly take your opinions seriously so the best thing to do is laugh at you "

Not a joke actually it was lefties actually said that more people were killed by lawnmowers than the Islamic extremist attack, toasters were mentioned too, again who are these manufacturers deliberately doing it.

Wow, your showing your true colours? Have you just compared a terrorist attack on lawn mowers? That is sick. I still find you funny though, I can’t possibly take your opinions seriously so the best thing to do is laugh at you

Not a joke actually it was lefties actually said that more people were killed by lawnmowers than the Islamic extremist attack, toasters were mentioned too, again who are these manufacturers deliberately doing it."

Can you tell me where you read this ? Tbh I think your making it up, it is very funny though, you do make me laugh

"Not a joke actually it was lefties actually said that more people were killed by lawnmowers than the Islamic extremist attack, toasters were mentioned too, again who are these manufacturers deliberately doing it."

I believe you imagined those quotes and numbers, but it important to stop terrorists terrorising people, the reality is all of us are in much more danger from mundane accidental deaths than we are from any terrorists. By not fearing them and going about our normal lives we win. But that actually has nothing to do with European elections...

But seeing as you obviously enjoy doing paying people who don't represent you in the legislative body of the EU, can you pay me a good wage plus expenses to not do some other important job

Not really. What you don't seem to understand is that in the rest of Europe very few of the populist parties want to leave the EU.

By definition they are nationalist so they will do what's good for them, which is screwing us.

What is your logic?"

No your being disingenuous, many of them are anti EU many of them are left wing as well.

My logic is simple with nearly half the EU parliament being from that prospective I think the UK will get a much better deal if somebody has the balls to renegotiate.

"Not a joke actually it was lefties actually said that more people were killed by lawnmowers than the Islamic extremist attack, toasters were mentioned too, again who are these manufacturers deliberately doing it.

I believe you imagined those quotes and numbers, but it important to stop terrorists terrorising people, the reality is all of us are in much more danger from mundane accidental deaths than we are from any terrorists. By not fearing them and going about our normal lives we win. But that actually has nothing to do with European elections...

But seeing as you obviously enjoy doing paying people who don't represent you in the legislative body of the EU, can you pay m e a good wage plus expenses to not do some other important job"

Did you really think they imagined those figures?.

Did you Google them to see what came back?.

Not a joke actually it was lefties actually said that more people were killed by lawnmowers than the Islamic extremist attack, toasters were mentioned too, again who are these manufacturers deliberately doing it.

Can you tell me where you read this ? Tbh I think your making it up, it is very funny though, you do make me laugh "

I spent 12 seconds googling this and found a dozen articles one from the guardian quotiy those figures.

If you can't be arsed spending 12 seconds checking stuff but willing to spend 30 seconds replying to somebody to tell them you think they're full of shit then you really need to take a long hard look at yourself in the mirror.

"Not a joke actually it was lefties actually said that more people were killed by lawnmowers than the Islamic extremist attack, toasters were mentioned too, again who are these manufacturers deliberately doing it.

But seeing as you obviously enjoy doing paying people who don't represent you in the legislative body of the EU, can you pay m e a good wage plus expenses to not do some other important job.

Did you really think they imagined those figures?.

Did you Google them to see what came back?."

Yes, I can use Google, but I believe you made it up, there is no actual quote of any left wing MP saying what you claim they said. If there was you would post the link

Can you tell me where you read this ? Tbh I think your making it up, it is very funny though, you do make me laugh .

I spent 12 seconds googling this and found a dozen articles one from the guardian quotiy those figures.

If you can't be arsed spending 12 seconds checking stuff but willing to spend 30 seconds replying to somebody to tell them you think they're full of shit then you really need to take a long hard look at yourself in the mirror."

Yeah, I googled it, found nothing that is relevant or credible, you and your friend are still making me laugh , comedy gold

Dudley

That be a sign that people have changed their minds?? "

Yes it will be in your mind!

Dudley

We don't know the results yet but I doubt that the BREXIT/UKIP parties will have got more than around 30%. I also expect the Remain parties will get about the same as will Labour and the Conservatives between them. Unless the actual results are significantly different from that I really don't think we'll be able to draw anything much from it.

"

Lol, strange that you were making such a big deal of the recent local elections!

Yes it will be in your mind! "

What?? That made no sense ,

Lol, strange that you were making such a big deal of the recent local elections!"

Firstly it was the European elections, secondly I am not making a big deal, I think they are irrelevant, that was my point

Dudley

What?? That made no sense , "

It will be a sign of people changing their mind in your head!

Dudley

Lol, strange that you were making such a big deal of the recent local elections!

Firstly it was the European elections, secondly I am not making a big deal, I think they are irrelevant, that was my point "

The post wasn't addressed at you!

Dudley

It will be a sign of people changing their mind in your head! "

Although that should only be the case if 16million had voted for remain parties!

Although that should only be the case if 16million had voted for remain parties! "

Your missing the point , Pal. Try reading the thread again and get back to me

Dudley

Although that should only be the case if 16million had voted for remain parties!

Your missing the point , Pal. Try reading the thread again and get back to me "

Lol, typical remainer superior attitude, a good result for leave demonstrates there is still a desire to leave among the electorate that most be obvious even to you!

Dudley

Lol, typical remainer superior attitude, a good result for leave demonstrates there is still a desire to leave among the electorate that most be obvious even to you! "

Must!

Lol, typical remainer superior attitude, a good result for leave demonstrates there is still a desire to leave among the electorate that most be obvious even to you! "

I see, and that will change what???

"

Yes it's going to be very interesting to see how the first meeting in Brussels goes with our next glorious leader

Yes it's going to be very interesting to see how the first meeting in Brussels goes with our next glorious leader "

My prediction wasn't far wrong, with a large Eurosceptic minority in Brussels I think you'll find the commission will be on the back foot going forward in the coming years.

What we do know for definite is that we need a brand new hard nosed team of genuine brexiteers to have a chance of getting a better deal, sending people who are remainers and think the sun shines out of the EUs arse will get us nowhere.

Step forward Nigel farage I think his time has come.

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

Yes it's going to be very interesting to see how the first meeting in Brussels goes with our next glorious leader .

My prediction wasn't far wrong, with a large Eurosceptic minority in Brussels I think you'll find the commission will be on the back foot going forward in the coming years.

What we do know for definite is that we need a brand new hard nosed team of genuine brexiteers to have a chance of getting a better deal, sending people who are remainers and think the sun shines out of the EUs arse will get us nowhere.

Step forward Nigel farage I think his time has come."

Farage has never negotiated anything in his life, apart from his stipend from Aaron Banks...

What's a stipend? Is it what the former lead singer of REM called his old chap?

Chudleigh

"What's a stipend? Is it what the former lead singer of REM called his old chap? "

My mistake, in Farages case it would be a Bellend!

Yes it's going to be very interesting to see how the first meeting in Brussels goes with our next glorious leader .

Farage has never negotiated anything in his life, apart from his stipend from Aaron Banks..."

Well he's come from nothing in twenty years to be THE most powerful person in British politics, he's a phenomenon the likes we've not seen in Britain since Churchill.

There was a guy on peston who's done the arithmetic on the brexit party vote by constituency, the brexit party would have won 411 seats in parliament the Tories 1 libdems 72 and labour 68.

The man is an unstoppable juggernaut of a political figure while brexit remains.

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

Farage has never negotiated anything in his life, apart from his stipend from Aaron Banks....

Well he's come from nothing in twenty years to be THE most powerful person in British politics, he's a phenomenon the likes we've not seen in Britain since Churchill.

There was a guy on peston who's done the arithmetic on the brexit party vote by constituency, the brexit party would have won 411 seats in parliament the Tories 1 libdems 72 and labour 68.

The man is an unstoppable juggernaut of a political figure while brexit remains."

Are you standing back and asking yourself why? And how? Or are you just wanking furiously because this man has made the difficulties in the world appear to be so much easier? What could be more simple than suggesting that all of our ills are because of foreigners? Be they immigrants or the EU.

History has plenty of lessons about what happens when a cult personality starts to firstly offer simple solutions to complex problems and then grabs hold of a divisive and complicated political issue at home and derides it as a national betrayal. The baying mobs want to believe what they want to believe because the truth is way more complex and nuanced than they want to think about.

Meanwhile - the Pied Piper has a hidden agenda. He rails at the elites despite being one of the most privileged of all elites. He is against minimum wage, he is against maternity pay, he is against the NHS and favours an insurance based healthcare system, he is against higher corporation and wealth taxes.

What does that mean? It means that the Pied Piper is using a populist message to deliver an agenda that is the fundamental opposite of what would be in the best interest of his adoring fanboys and fangirls.

Tragic really that so many will jump off the Brexit cliff - totally and wholesomely groomed by a populist con man.

North West

[Removed by poster at 30/05/19 21:36:04]

Farage has never negotiated anything in his life, apart from his stipend from Aaron Banks....

The man is an unstoppable juggernaut of a political figure while brexit remains.

Are you standing back and asking yourself why? And how? Or are you just wanking furiously because this man has made the difficulties in the world appear to be so much easier? What could be more simple than suggesting that all of our ills are because of foreigners? Be they immigrants or the EU.

History has plenty of lessons about what happens when a cult personality starts to firstly offer simple solutions to complex problems and then grabs hold of a divisive and complicated political issue at home and derides it as a national betrayal. The baying mobs want to believe what they want to believe because the truth is way more complex and nuanced than they want to think about.

Meanwhile - the Pied Piper has a hidden agenda. He rails at the elites despite being one of the most privileged of all elites. He is against minimum wage, he is against maternity pay, he is against the NHS and favours an insurance based healthcare system, he is against higher corporation and wealth taxes.

What does that mean? It means that the Pied Piper is using a populist message to deliver an agenda that is the fundamental opposite of what would be in the best interest of his adoring fanboys and fangirls.

Tragic really that so many will jump off the Brexit cliff - totally and wholesomely groomed by a populist con man."

You've fundamentally misunderstood what this whole thing is about now. This is not about any of those things. What this is now about is democracy, whether or not we accept democratic votes and results, and implement them. Do we live in a democratic society or not?

Because going by your comments above you don't want to live in a democratic society, and you don't want to respect democratic results. Its anti-democratic views such as yours which are a danger to the very fabric of society in this country, I don't want to live in a banana republic, Robert Mugabe-esque society where democratic results are ignored.

Tragic really that so many will jump off the Brexit cliff - totally and wholesomely groomed by a populist con man."

Who has said anything about jumping off a Brexit cliff. ?

We will continue to trade with the EU but on different terms . A few tweaks to duties will hardly damage the economy.

Removal of red tape will make life a lot easier for business. In addition the poor will be better off as the price of both food and clothing will drop.

Most people would be happy to remain members of the EU if someone could come up with a plausible argument for remaining.

To date no one has put forward a convincing argument and as such the public have voted to leave. In addition the Euro election results were a firm endorsement that we should leave on WTO terms .

If the future was bleak share prices would be falling to reflect the poor prospects for the UK. The opposite is actually the case, Europeans are very keen to purchase UK based business .

We are hardly falling off a cliff edge. We have taken the first step on the road to success.

Chudleigh

Tragic really that so many will jump off the Brexit cliff - totally and wholesomely groomed by a populist con man. Who has said anything about jumping off a Brexit cliff. ?

We will continue to trade with the EU but on different terms . A few tweaks to duties will hardly damage the economy.

Removal of red tape will make life a lot easier for business. In addition the poor will be better off as the price of both food and clothing will drop.

Most people would be happy to remain members of the EU if someone could come up with a plausible argument for remaining.

To date no one has put forward a convincing argument and as such the public have voted to leave. In addition the Euro election results were a firm endorsement that we should leave on WTO terms .

If the future was bleak share prices would be falling to reflect the poor prospects for the UK. The opposite is actually the case, Europeans are very keen to purchase UK based business .

We are hardly falling off a cliff edge. We have taken the first step on the road to success. "

Ok, most people would be happy to remain part of the EU if we could come up with a plausible argument for staying..., what is the plausible argument for leaving?

North West

Tragic really that so many will jump off the Brexit cliff - totally and wholesomely groomed by a populist con man.

You've fundamentally misunderstood what this whole thing is about now. This is not about any of those things. What this is now about is democracy, whether or not we accept democratic votes and results, and implement them. Do we live in a democratic society or not?

Because going by your comments above you don't want to live in a democratic society, and you don't want to respect democratic results. Its anti-democratic views such as yours which are a danger to the very fabric of society in this country, I don't want to live in a banana republic, Robert Mugabe-esque society where democratic results are ignored. "

Uhmm. No.

The country is divided.

Normally referendums that will mandate constitutional change require minimum margins to succeed so that the sitting Govt can guarantee the result is enacted. This non binding referendum had no minimum threshold and the problems we have seen over the last two years merely demonstrate why the minimum threshold should have been required.

Democracy according to the results meant that our relationship with the EU needed to change and no one can infer anything more than that. On any given day over the last three years Leave or Remain could have won a narrow majority. A second referendum will equally (in my opinion) not deliver an overwhelming mandate (one way or another).

Democracy therefore is actually about negotiating a compromise that can carry the gountrybecsuse really, in a democracy - surely the country comes above an ideological fantasy?

North West

Tragic really that so many will jump off the Brexit cliff - totally and wholesomely groomed by a populist con man. Who has said anything about jumping off a Brexit cliff. ?

We are hardly falling off a cliff edge. We have taken the first step on the road to success. "

Why am I not surprised that you have completely missed the point of the post AND resorted to typing exactly the same nonsense which has seen you so painfully derided over the last few years on here in your various guises.

It’s funny really, you and the poster above you - it’s like you invent new persona’s to post on the politics forum because you are so ashamed of your posts being seen on the swinging side in case others judge you on your intolerance.

I suppose you need to protect you chances of scoring on the swinging side and do invent other profiles to engage on the politics side? What a shame that you (both) have to hide your true identities on here when posting your nonsense.

PS the point of the post - think political grooming, think brainwashing, think unintended consequences.

All we have learned in the last 4 years, and yes I include the year before the referendum, is that we gave a bunch of incompetent politicians running the country.

TM the PM has done nothing except negotiate a deal that meant she didn't have to leave the EU before the next election.

Farage just wants the citizens to be his puppets, he is an ass who lives well out of stirring up populist shit.

Corbyn is week but has the entire right wing press and lots of the 1% of money trying to put him down, so nobody could really fight that.

I personally would like to stay in the EU because I like outsiders ensuring I have human rights, really don't want that left to the bunch of incompetent government ministers we have here, but the vote says out, so let's get out. No deals, no safety net just leave then rebuild and deal with what ever comes our way.

50 years on it won't make a jot of difference anyway.

Because going by your comments above you don't want to live in a democratic society, and you don't want to respect democratic results. Its anti-democratic views such as yours which are a danger to the very fabric of society in this country, I don't want to live in a banana republic, Robert Mugabe-esque society where democratic results are ignored.

Uhmm. No.

The country is divided.

Normally referendums that will mandate constitutional change require minimum margins to succeed so that the sitting Govt can guarantee the result is enacted. This non binding referendum had no minimum threshold and the problems we have seen over the last two years merely demonstrate why the minimum threshold should have been required.

Democracy according to the results meant that our relationship with the EU needed to change and no one can infer anything more than that. On any given day over the last three years Leave or Remain could have won a narrow majority. A second referendum will equally (in my opinion) not deliver an overwhelming mandate (one way or another).

Democracy therefore is actually about negotiating a compromise that can carry the gountrybecsuse really, in a democracy - surely the country comes above an ideological fantasy? "

Keep telling yourself that if it helps you sleep at night. The reality is there was a vote and one side lost, and one side won. The country voted Leave, so we must now Leave.

As for the nonsense about a minimum threshold being needed, what a crock of shit. The Welsh referendum on devolution in Wales and the Welsh assembly was a much smaller majority than the EU referendum 52-48 result, and yet the result of the Welsh referendum was accepted, implemented and delivered on with the minimum of fuss. There was none of this crap about a minimum threshold then.

Maybe because, unlike yourself, the good people of Wales are real democrats, who accept a democratic verdict when its given by the electorate.

All this fucking nit picking is utterly ridiculous.

We had a referendum, and leave won.

May lied about BREXIT means BREXIT and just about won a general election.

The BREXIT Party was six weeks old, yet still won the EU election, on a hard BREXIT mandate.

But we are still getting the same remoaner bitching. It is time to face reality, this nation is leaving the EU. The people have spoken...

"All this fucking nit picking is utterly ridiculous.

The BREXIT Party was six weeks old, yet still won the EU election, on a hard BREXIT mandate.

But we are still getting the same remoaner bitching. It is time to face reality, this nation is leaving the EU. The people have spoken..."

Indeed but you might wanna tell the Tory Brexiteers that as they have repeatedly voted against Brexit in Parliament

"All this fucking nit picking is utterly ridiculous.

But we are still getting the same remoaner bitching. It is time to face reality, this nation is leaving the EU. The people have spoken..."

I can see where you're confused. When May said Brexit meant Brexit you thought she meant brekit means Brexit. But really she me at Brexit means Brexit.

It's all confusing because no one has really defined what Brexit means. It certainly wasn't at the referendum.

And while it was better defined in manifestos it seems many MPs didn't agree with the definition.

The Brexit vote was like voting to stay at home or go on holiday. We chose holiday. But never said where.

And now when the reality of budgets etc are kicking in and we might not get the all inclusive carribean tour we're complain a holiday means a holiday and this isn't the holiday we were promised.

We need to define where pm hildiay we are going. And if this is very different to the sun kissed beaches we've been promised in the past we need to make sure the electorate still want to go on. Because not everyone wants to go on a city break.

Step forward Nigel farage I think his time has come."

I don’t know whether to laugh at you or pity you.

North West

Uhmm. No.

The country is divided.

Democracy therefore is actually about negotiating a compromise that can carry the gountrybecsuse really, in a democracy - surely the country comes above an ideological fantasy?

Keep telling yourself that if it helps you sleep at night. The reality is there was a vote and one side lost, and one side won. The country voted Leave, so we must now Leave.

As for the nonsense about a minimum threshold being needed, what a crock of shit. The Welsh referendum on devolution in Wales and the Welsh assembly was a much smaller majority than the EU referendum 52-48 result, and yet the result of the Welsh referendum was accepted, implemented and delivered on with the minimum of fuss. There was none of this crap about a minimum threshold then.

Maybe because, unlike yourself, the good people of Wales are real democrats, who accept a democratic verdict when its given by the electorate. "

You may recall that Nigel Farage misunderstood and misquoted what actually happened after the Welsh referendum.

The margin of victory was so narrow that devolutionists knew that to make the future work they would have to invite the losing side into the future negotiations so that the whole of Wales could be carried forward as a whole. The whole episode is easily researched by googling Ron Davis - losing consent.

Nigel Farage wilfully or ignorantly misquoted this term as meaning that the losing side should give its consent for the winning side to move forwards. This is completely wrong and the truth is that losing consent isa strategy adopted by the winning side to forge a compromised solution moving forward.

We are hardly falling off a cliff edge. We have taken the first step on the road to success.

Why am I not surprised that you have completely missed the point of the post AND resorted to typing exactly the same nonsense which has seen you so painfully derided over the last few years on here in your various guises.

It’s funny really, you and the poster above you - it’s like you invent new persona’s to post on the politics forum because you are so ashamed of your posts being seen on the swinging side in case others judge you on your intolerance.

I suppose you need to protect you chances of scoring on the swinging side and do invent other profiles to engage on the politics side? What a shame that you (both) have to hide your true identities on here when posting your nonsense.

PS the point of the post - think political grooming, think brainwashing, think unintended consequences."

I guess you would like to think that people are brainwashed.

Most people have access to sufficient information in order to make their own decisions in life.

While I cannot speak for the other poster to which you refer , it is difficult to see why I would be ashamed of any post. Supporting and agreeing with the 52 % who voted to leave is hardly anything to be ashamed of. Three years have passed since the referendum and the Euro elections were a great endorsement of the result.

Interesting you refer to intolerance but you yourself have chosen to describe other people's posts as being silly. You can hardly claim to be tolerant individual yourself if posting comments of this nature.

It is just as well that any post on here is irrelevant in the real world . It is very easy to post ill informed comments in Cyberland.

In the real world people would not tell others that their opinions are silly or nonsense .

By *_MariusMan  over a year ago

Currently Faraway

We both voted; I believe that if you don't vote you don't deserve to moan. It is no wonder that the UK seems more divided than ever over the European Union and the Brexit referendum...people seem to be interested ONLY in their opinions but they don't seem to give a fuck about the truth...

For example, the truth is that the British electorate is a little more than 46 million people. Out of those, it's only a small minority--37.44% or 17 million--who voted for a Brexit based entirely on anti-European lies.

Yet, the media as well as the people are treating this 37.44% of the electorate as if they were the 52% of the entire 46 million registered voters...

In the European elections, it's only a shitty little 5 million people (out of 50 million or more perhaps) who voted for the people's saviour, Nigel; the people who voted for Labour, as well as the other pro-European parties--collectively--are about 7 million people. Yet, the media and the public seem to think that Nigel has "triumphed" and "smashed it"!

It is proven that Boris Johnson LIED against the European Union during the referendum of 2016, yet some people seem to think "oh bugger, they're trying to stop Brexit now, that's why they want to take him to court!"

When section A of the people rabidly call for an action--which section B of people can wisely see that it will be destructive for the country, and are trying to stop it--and they call people of section B traitors and saboteurs, it's no wonder that people of section B call people of section A gammon scum and stupid....

I don’t know whether to laugh at you or pity you. "

Don't do either then, it's a political opinion, do you run round laughing at everybody you disagree with?.

Frankly it says more about you then I.

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

"I voted and all four of my children did too. We needed to cancel out the two UUKIPvoters next door.

Lol!!! it’s not the UKIP voters you should be worried by.... it’s the 40 Brexit Party voters throughout the rest of your street!

How you going to “cancel out” those Hahahaha "

good for those 40.

North West

"

In the real world people would not tell others that their opinions are silly or nonsense .

"

I would.

Especially if the same person went around wearing different disguises and spouting the same word for word nonsense that has been thoroughly rebuked on countless occasions when purporting to be a different person.

Tell us how many active profiles you have on this site at the moment and why you do that? I am aware of at least two, possibly three.

I don’t know whether to laugh at you or pity you. .

Don't do either then, it's a political opinion, do you run round laughing at everybody you disagree with?.

Frankly it says more about you then I."

No, I laugh when people making hilarious comments , I can’t take what you have said seriously.

" It is very easy to post ill informed comments in Cyberland.

"

From reading many of your posts I can fully agree with you on that mate

PS the point of the post - think political grooming, think brainwashing, think unintended consequences."

Your summary is rather strange.

Most people have no interest in politics. On a site such as this I would guess that the percentage is even lower and probably only about 30 or 40 people read the politics forum .I cannot see many of the these 30 or 40 members using the politics forum to identify peoole that they would want to meet .

As previously stated I cannot speak for the other poster but as my views are similsr to those that voted to leave I will not feel embarrassed by supporting the winning team. The majority of remainers will not resort to call ing people silly or suggest that they should be ashamed of their views.

Luckily we live in a tolerant society where most people can express views without being smeared at. ( in the real world at least ).

There will of course always be a small number of people who feel confident making derogatory remarks hidden behind their keyboard.

Feedback that matters is that which you receive in real life .That from keyboard warriors can be assigned to the dust bin.

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

"An opinion expressed via the written word can be ignored"

Where do you come up with this stuff?

Bristol East

"

Luckily we live in a tolerant society where most people can express views without being smeared at. ( in the real world at least ).

"

You haven't heard Elton John yet on the quitters?

» Add a new message to this topic