FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > peterborough by election.

peterborough by election.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ostafun OP   Man  over a year ago

near ipswich

seems the brexit party are favourites to win it will be interesting to see who comes second.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

What, another vote for "we'll tell you what you voted for later"...

near ipswich

"What, another vote for "we'll tell you what you voted for later"..."
Exactly just shows what a shower of shit the rest of them are by not getting the job done that people are prepared to vote for someone with just one goal,leave.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

A protest vote in the name democracy.

Nearly 3 years on and the referendum result hasn't been delivered.

Well they can’t be accused of going back on their promises. Cunning.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

I'll be surprised if the result tells us anything we do not already know.

Presumably if Brexit is delivered they will be stepping down the day after given the their one policy pledge...

"seems the brexit party are favourites to win it will be interesting to see who comes second."

Popped in the bookies earlier (William Hill) when i was in town and asked what the odds were for tomorrow's by election in Peterborough. Brexit party are the red hot favourite to win at 1/7.

"seems the brexit party are favourites to win it will be interesting to see who comes second.

Popped in the bookies earlier (William Hill) when i was in town and asked what the odds were for tomorrow's by election in Peterborough. Brexit party are the red hot favourite to win at 1/7."

In a leave area at this point in time, they should be. Indeed if they aren't clear winners they should be worried. Do you think theres a % of vote which they should be expecting?

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

"What, another vote for "we'll tell you what you voted for later"...

A protest vote in the name democracy.

Nearly 3 years on and the referendum result hasn't been delivered.

"

3 years later and you still don’t have your unicorn.

Yet you still refuse to understand unicorns aren’t real.

-Matt

By *ony 2016Man  over a year ago

Huddersfield /derby cinemas

"seems the brexit party are favourites to win it will be interesting to see who comes second.

Popped in the bookies earlier (William Hill) when i was in town and asked what the odds were for tomorrow's by election in Peterborough. Brexit party are the red hot favourite to win at 1/7."

. That is actually quite generous odds , in an area where there was a strong leave vote , the tories have failed to deliver on brexit and the sitting labour MP had to stand down for lying to police , if brexit don't win Peterborough by a substantial margin it would be a shock The odds should be more in the region of 1/50

According to odds checker the current best odds are ,,,, Brexit 1/6 ,,,,, Labour 5/1 ,,,, LibDem 33/1,,,, Conservative 66/1,,,,, Green 250/1

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

It'll be interesting, that's for sure. The BREXIT party's strategy made perfect sense in the context of the EU elections (historically

has a turnout, used as a protest vote, hence the number of UKIP MEPs before this election).

It makes less sense in the context of Westminster because, unlike EU elections, people see the result as having a bearing on their day to day life.

So, we'll see....

Bristol East

By elections have a long history of being anti-government protest votes for the same reason - people can depart from their normal voting pattern without fear of it being replicated across the country.

near ipswich

"By elections have a long history of being anti-government protest votes for the same reason - people can depart from their normal voting pattern without fear of it being replicated across the country."
True its usually the opposition party who mop up these seats but this opposition is so weak i cant see them winning it.

Bristol East

What do you think the Brexit Party is, if it's not part of the opposition?

near ipswich

"What do you think the Brexit Party is, if it's not part of the opposition?"
Ok split hairs to win a point well done take two if it makes you happy my mistake i should have said MAIN opposition party but i think you knew that.

The labour party have no chance, trying to please anyone and end up pleasing no one. A leader who changes his mind more offen than his socks, waste of space.

Newbury

"By elections have a long history of being anti-government protest votes for the same reason - people can depart from their normal voting pattern without fear of it being replicated across the country.True its usually the opposition party who mop up these seats but this opposition is so weak i cant see them winning it."

The Tories used to liken it to an affair- people married to the Tory party would sneak off and have their affair with UKIP in the Euros and return faithfully to the Tories in a general election.

Newbury

"What do you think the Brexit Party is, if it's not part of the opposition?"

They aren't.

They've got no seats as yet.

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

"seems the brexit party are favourites to win it will be interesting to see who comes second."

That would be the Brexit Party then

Essex

"The labour party have no chance, trying to please anyone and end up pleasing no one. A leader who changes his mind more offen than his socks, waste of space. "

You were saying?

I thought everything was in place for a Brexit Party win , I thought they would do so by quite a large amount and I am amazed they didn't ,,,,,,,,,, think Farage thought the same ,he turned up for the count , heard they'd lost and left without giving interviews before the result had been officially announced

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

"I thought everything was in place for a Brexit Party win , I thought they would do so by quite a large amount and I am amazed they didn't ,,,,,,,,,, think Farage thought the same ,he turned up for the count , heard they'd lost and left without giving interviews before the result had been officially announced "
poor loser mind you he should be used to it for parliamentry elections

By *oncupiscentTonyMan  over a year ago

Kent

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

that is all

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Well done to Lisa Forbes for her election as Peterborough MP last night.

The left must be delighted as she represents that side of the party.

Not sure if we can draw any conclusions from the vote share yet. It all seems a bit chaotic but Peterborough is certainly one of the seats that Labour need to win to stand a chance in any GE.

BBC said vote share was in line with wider polling. Slightly suprised me given the area had a stronger leave vote than the national average. But it seems in the scheme of things not as unexpected result as it felt (I was thinking it was a case of by how much brexit party would win, not if.)

Im sure all sides of the spin machines will be out tho.

Bristol East

"I thought everything was in place for a Brexit Party win , I thought they would do so by quite a large amount and I am amazed they didn't "

I think it was - until Trump rolled into town with his eyes on the NHS.

"I thought everything was in place for a Brexit Party win , I thought they would do so by quite a large amount and I am amazed they didn't ,,,,,,,,,, think Farage thought the same ,he turned up for the count , heard they'd lost and left without giving interviews before the result had been officially announced "
The Brexit Party only lost by 600 votes .

It is an amazing achievement that a party which did not exist unto 3 months ago came so close to winning.

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

Seems the Brexit party didn't win despite being at the very peak of anti-establishment sentiment. At the point where feelings both for and against the EU are at their strongest.

It seems that more people trust Labour policies and it's manifesto than the Brexit Party "pledges".

48% turnout. Most people don't care.

Farage still demanding a seat in the negotiations too.

West London

"I thought everything was in place for a Brexit Party win , I thought they would do so by quite a large amount and I am amazed they didn't

"

That is actually a good point coupled with Led by Donkeys drawing attention to what Garage has said about the NHS in the past...

Grantham

"I thought everything was in place for a Brexit Party win , I thought they would do so by quite a large amount and I am amazed they didn't

The Labour candidate focused on local issues, hardly mentioning Brexit.

At the end of the day, people are more concerned about hospital appointments and bin collections, rather than vague and ambigous promises. Lisa Forbes and her team read the situation well.

"

"I thought everything was in place for a Brexit Party win , I thought they would do so by quite a large amount and I am amazed they didn't ,,,,,,,,,, think Farage thought the same ,he turned up for the count , heard they'd lost and left without giving interviews before the result had been officially announced The Brexit Party only lost by 600 votes .

It is an amazing achievement that a party which did not exist unto 3 months ago came so close to winning. "

Its been fascinating to watch the evolution of TBP. And its true the history books will say they are three months old. But they didn't exactly start from a standing start position. They're like afc Wimbledon.

And I wonder how more time would have helped. Atm they can point to their age for a lack of pledges outside of Brexit. Atm they are sneer free. Atm they have a lot of media focus given they are the new kids on the block.

And it was a perfect storm (almost) to play in. Just after the eu elections. Tory party leadership turmoil. Labour anti semite row. Trump just in. D day patriotism. By elections allow protest votes without fear.

The only factor against them was this wasn't a tory seat and so there was less of a target audience they could carve away.

Bristol East

"I thought everything was in place for a Brexit Party win , I thought they would do so by quite a large amount and I am amazed they didn't ,,,,,,,,,, think Farage thought the same ,he turned up for the count , heard they'd lost and left without giving interviews before the result had been officially announced The Brexit Party only lost by 600 votes .

It is an amazing achievement that a party which did not exist unto 3 months ago came so close to winning. "

How does it go? You lost, get over it.

Omfg, seriously, if the brexit party couldn't win this, at this point in time, they probably need to take a real hard look at themselves.

Heavy pro leave seat.

Two main parties in crisis.

Brexit apparently being the national issue of the day.

A one message party with no other objective.

Fuck me.

Yeah it was close, but by all accounts if apparently the majority want a WTO brexit, you shod have won.

By *bandjam91Couple  over a year ago

London

"Omfg, seriously, if the brexit party couldn't win this, at this point in time, they probably need to take a real hard look at themselves.

Heavy pro leave seat.

Two main parties in crisis.

Brexit apparently being the national issue of the day.

A one message party with no other objective.

Fuck me.

Yeah it was close, but by all accounts if apparently the majority want a WTO brexit, you shod have won."

By *bandjam91Couple  over a year ago

London

What a Bremoaner. Get over it snowflake

By *uxinteriorMan  over a year ago

south west , continental

Whilst everyone is gloating and triumphant over the marvelous Labour Party win in Peterborough. Let's just ponder and reflect on the only party that 100% wants to stay in the EU. The Lib dems.

How did they do? I am led to believe here that the majority of 'the people' want to remain in EU.

Surely they would have excelled?

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Brexit party are essentially ukip and if in a constituency which voted so heavily to leave and at this time with the current situation as others have rightly said they could not win there then it indicates that the appetite is not there for farages type of politics and future relationship with the EU..

Your false claims you keep making about the majority wanting WTO terms and how there was a mandate for no deal following the European election last month could not have been rubbished any more by this result..

"Whilst everyone is gloating and triumphant over the marvelous Labour Party win in Peterborough. Let's just ponder and reflect on the only party that 100% wants to stay in the EU. The Lib dems.

How did they do? I am led to believe here that the majority of 'the people' want to remain in EU.

Surely they would have excelled? "

Simple, as someone who would rather remain with our special privileges in the EU, I'm happy to concede that it's improbable that the majority of the nation want to remain.

However, I reject the spin people say about leaving on WTO was what the referendum and GE 2017 is about.

What is clear, is despite the cluster fuck that is the handling of brexit, with good communication it becomes clear that our domestic issues are at the forefront of people's minds.

Given a choice between an MP who shouts about the EU and one who has experience is trying to improve people's live through actual British institutions - eg, health and education, people choose the latter.

It's close though, and everyone will spin this as a win.

The brexit party is going to have to get on with their manifesto though, most of the midland and northern labour voters actually want to know what will be done for them and their kids in the future.

It's seems the mystic megs of the brexiter variety are missing thus morning.

There is something seriously wrong if the brexit party couldn't get this seat.

Bi elections are usually protest votes so what message does this send.

I would assume it's a nail in the Conservatives coffin and a thumbs up for labour and a kick in the balls for farage and his comrades .

I think people aren't just interested in brexit .There are many other more important things for the people of Peterborough and the brexit party is a single issue party.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

Wasn't there something like 670 votes in it?

in Lancashire

"It's seems the mystic megs of the brexiter variety are missing thus morning.

I would assume it's a nail in the Conservatives coffin and a thumbs up for labour and a kick in the balls for farage and his comrades .

I think people aren't just interested in brexit .There are many other more important things for the people of Peterborough and the brexit party is a single issue party.

"

Anyone seen Centy..

"Wasn't there something like 670 votes in it?"

Same result as last time with a significantly smaller turn out.

Turnout was 48.4%, down from 67.5% in the 2017 general election, when Labour beat the Tories by 607 votes.

Anyone seen Centy.. "

Yeah he's calling himself 2nd division now after the result in Peterborough.

in Lancashire

"Wasn't there something like 670 votes in it?

Turnout was 48.4%, down from 67.5% in the 2017 general election, when Labour beat the Tories by 607 votes.

"

So did the wheels fall off the single issue bandwagon brexit that is farages rebranded ukip?

Maybe another referendum on the issue of how we leave is the way forward..?

What's to fear..

Bristol East

"

Oh the irony . . . Brexit Party voters destroying the the vote-share of the only party capable of delivering, um, er, Brexit.

When would you like the keys to No. 10, Mr Corbyn?

in Lancashire

Anyone seen Centy..

Yeah he's calling himself 2nd division now after the result in Peterborough. "

Wonder if he put his money where his mouth was on the result, seem to recall Centy gave it large over May's 100 plus majority in 2017 then bottled it..

salisbury

Oh the irony . . . Brexit Party voters destroying the the vote-share of the only party capable of delivering, um, er, Brexit.

"

Sooner the better!

salisbury

So did the wheels fall off the single issue bandwagon brexit that is farages rebranded ukip?

What's to fear.. "

I really don't think you can describe a brand new party coming second to an established party by 600 odd votes as having its wheels coming off.

in Lancashire

"

Blows a gaping chasm in the claim by some on here that the tories want a no deal exit..

Sooner the better!"

There's wind in labours sails today and the Conservatives are rightly worried now.

in Lancashire

What's to fear..

I really don't think you can describe a brand new party coming second to an established party by 600 odd votes as having its wheels coming off. "

Farage can rename brexit party as many times as his financial backers allow but it is still ukip..

The swing away from old ukip to brexit was pretty obvious and predictable, new ukip seems to have emerged as what a lot of people thought before which is an amalgamated bnp/edl/Britain first.

salisbury

Blows a gaping chasm in the claim by some on here that the tories want a no deal exit..

"

The Tories want to remain. Like they always have.

salisbury

What's to fear..

I really don't think you can describe a brand new party coming second to an established party by 600 odd votes as having its wheels coming off.

Farage can rename brexit party as many times as his financial backers allow but it is still ukip..

The swing away from old ukip to brexit was pretty obvious and predictable, new ukip seems to have emerged as what a lot of people thought before which is an amalgamated bnp/edl/Britain first. "

That sounds like liberal scare mongering. But if you're willing to believe that, you carry on.

salisbury

Sooner the better!

There's wind in labours sails today and the Conservatives are rightly worried now."

We accelerate towards a hung parliament.

"

It was a 2% difference. Which when you consider 4% is touted as being a big win should mean 2% is a pretty sizeable win (especially given it wasnt a binary choice)

The ratio of labour to TBP was 52:48.

in Lancashire

The Tories want to remain. Like they always have. "

Possibly but some on here as I said claim they want a no deal exit..

in Lancashire

What's to fear..

The swing away from old ukip to brexit was pretty obvious and predictable, new ukip seems to have emerged as what a lot of people thought before which is an amalgamated bnp/edl/Britain first.

That sounds like liberal scare mongering. But if you're willing to believe that, you carry on."

Hey thanks Clem, good to have your endorsement..

What bit do you think is scare mongering?

in Lancashire

Sooner the better!

There's wind in labours sails today and the Conservatives are rightly worried now.

We accelerate towards a hung parliament. "

It was a 2% difference. Which when you consider 4% is touted as being a big win should mean 2% is a pretty sizeable win (especially given it wasnt a binary choice)

The ratio of labour to TBP was 52:48."

Yeah, but when you add up the Brexit party vote share with the Tories and UKIP then Brexit party are the clear winners!

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Our friends on the right are a bit salty this morning... did I miss something?

Also I love the fact that farage was all bull and bluster when it looked like they may win.... but snuck out the side entrance when it was about to be announced that they lost!

Farage also claimed on radio 4 this morning the aim was to come 2nd and he never believed he would win....... not what he was telling his minions though

"

See this is where the Brexit party has in many ways won last night, they may have fallen just short of winning the seat by 600 votes but it will influence the Tory party into electing a no deal Brexiteer as their next leader and new Prime minister. Clearly winning the European elections will have been influence enough on its own, but last nights strong showing for the Brexit party, and relegating the Tories into 3rd place in Peterborough will now influence the Tory leadership contest even more in favour of a hard Brexiteer.

in Lancashire

Yeah, but when you add up the Brexit party vote share with the Tories and UKIP then Brexit party are the clear winners! "

The old apples are green and so is cabbage and therefore they must be the same and taste the same logic..

It was a fantastic effort for a party only 7 to 8 weeks old, to break the 2 party system in Peterborough and come a very strong 2nd. Even though the Brexit party is only 7 to 8 weeks old, they only really started campaigning in Peterborough around 4 weeks ago.

The 2 main parties have decades of data to work from in Peterborough, voting lists they can work from to go and knock on doors to get their vote out. Brexit party just didn't have this data to hand as a new party. But still a fantastic effort only coming 600 votes short. The work for the Brexit party will continue, and if another general election comes soon, the Brexit party can build from last nights result and go again. Maybe some Tory and Ukip voters will also realise now if they vote Tory or UKip in Peterborough, they get Labour, so will be more willing to vote tactically for the Brexit party next time.

Yeah, but when you add up the Brexit party vote share with the Tories and UKIP then Brexit party are the clear winners!

The old apples are green and so is cabbage and therefore they must be the same and taste the same logic..

"

No, its just the same logic that remoaners used after the European elections results the other week.

"Our friends on the right are a bit salty this morning... did I miss something?

Also I love the fact that farage was all bull and bluster when it looked like they may win.... but snuck out the side entrance when it was about to be announced that they lost!

Farage also claimed on radio 4 this morning the aim was to come 2nd and he never believed he would win....... not what he was telling his minions though "

. If Farage did not think his "newkip" party could win in Peterborough , I would love to know where he thinks they could win ,, absolutely everything was in their favour , if one month before the by election you gave them the choice of one of the 650 seats in which to contest a seat , I cannot imagine they would have chosen anywhere other than Peterborough on 6th June ,,

Farage also claimed on radio 4 this morning the aim was to come 2nd and he never believed he would win....... not what he was telling his minions though . If Farage did not think his "newkip" party could win in Peterborough , I would love to know where he thinks they could win ,, absolutely everything was in their favour , if one month before the by election you gave them the choice of one of the 650 seats in which to contest a seat , I cannot imagine they would have chosen anywhere other than Peterborough on 6th June ,, "

In terms of target seats Peterborough is around 250 on the list for the Brexit party (according to Brexit party MEP Lance Forman on BBC This week by election speacial last night). So presumably then the Brexit party think they have a better chance in 250 other places.

The brexit party 7-8 weeks old, with largely the same members as UKIP...and a similar infastructure...and still making the same domestic policy mistakes...

Farage also claimed on radio 4 this morning the aim was to come 2nd and he never believed he would win....... not what he was telling his minions though . If Farage did not think his "newkip" party could win in Peterborough , I would love to know where he thinks they could win ,, absolutely everything was in their favour , if one month before the by election you gave them the choice of one of the 650 seats in which to contest a seat , I cannot imagine they would have chosen anywhere other than Peterborough on 6th June ,,

In terms of target seats Peterborough is around 250 on the list for the Brexit party (according to Brexit party MEP Lance Forman on BBC This week by election speacial last night). So presumably then the Brexit party think they have a better chance in 250 other places. "

. I suspect Lance Forman came up with the 250 figure when he realised The Brexit Party had failed to win in a seat where absolutely everything was in their favour

Bristol East

"

Yeah, but when you add up the Brexit party vote share with the Tories and UKIP then Brexit party are the clear winners! "

By your own logic, Remain won the Euros.

"

"

They didn't though did they because Tory and Labour vote share count towards Leave.

This may burst a few remainers bubble's in here but you should go and listen to Lisa Forbes interview with Andrew Neil on the BBC last night after she'd just narrowly won the seat for Labour.

Andrew Neil asked her, "As you represent a Leave seat in Peterborough, which voted 60% Leave in the referendum, what is your position on Brexit?"

Lisa Forbes replied by saying she campaigned on a ticket of respecting the referendum result and delivering Brexit. She said she would vote for a Brexit deal in Parliament.

So any remain voters who voted Labour in Peterborough are going to end up disappointed if they think a vote for Labour was a vote to remain.

Bristol East

"

See this is where the Brexit party has in many ways won last night, they may have fallen just short of winning the seat by 600 votes but it will influence the Tory party into electing a no deal Brexiteer as their next leader and new Prime minister. "

So you think 29% in a ballot should influence Government policy, but they can ignore 48%

lolololol

I do hope you are right, however, and this drags the Conservative Party even further to the extremity of British politics.

The icing on the cake will be watching the party purged of gammon when Sajid Javid takes office.

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

"

In terms of target seats Peterborough is around 250 on the list for the Brexit party (according to Brexit party MEP Lance Forman on BBC This week by election speacial last night). So presumably then the Brexit party think they have a better chance in 250 other places. "

I guess that some people are deluded enough to think that statements like this mean anything at all is why we're in the state we're in as a country.

What you're talking about from Forman is pure, meaningless spin.

LOL.

I know you're only playing but that share is only 53% ish.

Which given they were a strong leave area isn't a great sign the will of the people is still to leave....

[Removed by poster at 07/06/19 10:59:13]

"

They didn't though did they because Tory and Labour vote share count towards Leave.

This may burst a few remainers bubble's in here but you should go and listen to Lisa Forbes interview with Andrew Neil on the BBC last night after she'd just narrowly won the seat for Labour.

Andrew Neil asked her, "As you represent a Leave seat in Peterborough, which voted 60% Leave in the referendum, what is your position on Brexit?"

Lisa Forbes replied by saying she campaigned on a ticket of respecting the referendum result and delivering Brexit. She said she would vote for a Brexit deal in Parliament.

So any remain voters who voted Labour in Peterborough are going to end up disappointed if they think a vote for Labour was a vote to remain. "

Likewise any Labour voter who thinks a vote for Labour is a vote for a no deal Brexit.

The question is therefore what happens when Parliament doesn't vote to accept a deal...

"[Removed by poster at 07/06/19 10:59:13]"

Who wants to hear a joke?

What is the difference between the brexit party and a shitter?

A shitter has a seat.

Bristol East

"

It was a fantastic effort "

You were boasting earlier in the week how the Brekshit Party were red-hot favourites.

What went wrong?

salisbury

No, its just the same logic that remoaners used after the European elections results the other week. "

Sadly correct.

in Lancashire

"

So any remain voters who voted Labour in Peterborough are going to end up disappointed if they think a vote for Labour was a vote to remain. "

Were leaving so the Labour remain point your trying to make is pointless, it's accepted by those who vote to remain..

Maybe you should accept the fact that there is no appetite in parliament for a no deal exit and as shown clearly last night there is no mandate in a high brexit voting area for it also..

By *oncupiscentTonyMan  over a year ago

Kent

"See this is where the Brexit party has in many ways won last night"

Take that in the bookies and see if they pay out

Anyone seen Centy..

Yeah he's calling himself 2nd division now after the result in Peterborough. "

Oi, Bob....that was my joke....although in the interests of the greater good of the nation I am of course willing to share and share alike!

Now, back to second division and his desperate scrabbling around to save face in the light of the B(N)P losing their first real test after the euro elections!

Peterborough was only 250 on their list of seats? What does that mean then? Are there another 249 seats that are more important to them? Is it there position on a fantasy football league? Or is it just a bit desperate? Perhaps if they had a bloody manifesto like a real political party does then maybe we could take them all seriously? Then again they might actually have to answer some real questions instead of being so evasive. Where was Nige last night then? Oh yes he fucked off before having to answer questions about his party losing. Anyone else see a pattern developing here?

Anyone seen Centy..

Oi, Bob....that was my joke....although in the interests of the greater good of the nation I am of course willing to share and share alike!

Now, back to second division and his desperate scrabbling around to save face in the light of the B(N)P losing their first real test after the euro elections!

Peterborough was only 250 on their list of seats? What does that mean then? Are there another 249 seats that are more important to them? Is it there position on a fantasy football league? Or is it just a bit desperate? Perhaps if they had a bloody manifesto like a real political party does then maybe we could take them all seriously? Then again they might actually have to answer some real questions instead of being so evasive. Where was Nige last night then? Oh yes he fucked off before having to answer questions about his party losing. Anyone else see a pattern developing here? "

Any political party than came as close to winning a seat as the Brexit Party did yesterday would consider it a fantastic result for a party which has only been around for a few months..

To poll the number of votes that they did is an achievement in itself. They must be doing most things right . 700 more votes and they would be home and dry.

By *uckoldandWifeCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

putting aside who won or lost in Peterborough what we can see from the vote is that almost 68% of those who cast a vote yesterday did so in support of a party advocating we leave the EU with a deal or we don’t leave at all. Just 23% cast a vote for a party that is currently happy to leave without a deal. For a constituency that voted 60.6% to leave the EU in 2016, that’s significant. Remember too, more people got off their couch to vote in the referendum. It seems more Leavers want to leave with a deal than Leavers that want to crash out without one.

You lost get over it .You brexiters can challenge all the seats at the next election and hand the keys to labour.

Anyone seen Centy..

Peterborough was only 250 on their list of seats? What does that mean then? Are there another 249 seats that are more important to them? Is it there position on a fantasy football league? Or is it just a bit desperate? Perhaps if they had a bloody manifesto like a real political party does then maybe we could take them all seriously? Then again they might actually have to answer some real questions instead of being so evasive. Where was Nige last night then? Oh yes he fucked off before having to answer questions about his party losing. Anyone else see a pattern developing here? Any political party than came as close to winning a seat as the Brexit Party did yesterday would consider it a fantastic result for a party which has only been around for a few months..

To poll the number of votes that they did is an achievement in itself. They must be doing most things right . 700 more votes and they would be home and dry.

"

They lost, they aren’t a political party, they are a company.

"

It was a vote against a no deal brexit

"

So any remain voters who voted Labour in Peterborough are going to end up disappointed if they think a vote for Labour was a vote to remain.

It was a vote against a no deal brexit "

It was also a vote for an anti-semite. Go Labour.

By *onny MCMan  over a year ago

Crawley

"

Not if it's a vote for a second referendum, which Labour are currently the only party who could and may well deliver.

By *uckoldandWifeCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

If you have BREXIT in your party name and your only policy is to crash out of the EU without a deal and you don’t win an election in a constituency where six people out of every 10 voted to leave the EU, then you have a problem. If all leavers thought leaving the EU was that simple, the Brexit party should have swept to victory with a huge margin, shouldn’t they?

"

Not if it's a vote for a second referendum, which Labour are currently the only party who could and may well deliver."

Labour will likely offer a second referendum and this gives them the green light...

"

It was also a vote for an anti-semite. Go Labour. "

Use what you can when you’re desperate....Second Div! I suppose we could chat about the homophobes racists and islamophobes who inhabit the B(N)P but that would bring it down to your level?

in Lancashire

"

Use what you can when you’re desperate....Second Div! I suppose we could chat about the homophobes racists and islamophobes who inhabit the B(N)P but that would bring it down to your level? "

Michael Mcgough maybe..

in Lancashire

Or Catherine Blaiklok..

Bristol East

"

Says the forum's biggest fan of Britain First associate Trump.

Pot. Kettle.

in Lancashire

Or John Tennant..

Or the brexit party members at the West Mids European elections count who heckled the British Asian Labour Mep, telling her to 'go home'..

Newbury

What's to fear..

I really don't think you can describe a brand new party coming second to an established party by 600 odd votes as having its wheels coming off. "

It is an achievement, but don't over egg it. Essentially, what happened in the Euros was that BP took all the UKIP seats... It was more or less a straight swap.

Newbury

"

Pot. Kettle.

"

I asked on the other thread what antisemitic things she'd said. Oddly, nobody could answer on there, either.

"Or John Tennant..

Or the brexit party members at the West Mids European elections count who heckled the British Asian Labour Mep, telling her to 'go home'..

"

The British Labour MEP you speak of is a sore loser called Neena Gill, and in a temper tantrum strop, while giving her acceptance speech on stage at the Birmingham count after the European election results, attacked the Brexit party candidates and accused them of being fascist and far right. Neena Gill deliberately stirred up animosity and ill-will in what was otherwise a cheerful and happy environment, and people in the crowd told her to "Fuck off" and "go home" only after she had started throwing unfounded and illegitimate insults around.

Two of the Brexit party candidates at the West Midlands count were particularly offended by Neena Gills comments, being Laura Kavehazi who is an immigrant from Eastern Europe who's family had suffered deaths in the Holocaust in Eastern Europe at the hands of the Nazis, and Vishal Khatri, who is a member of the asian community himself and is the son of Indian Immigrants to the UK.

Here is asian Brexit party candidate Vishal Khatri's version of events outlined in the popular West Midlands newspaper the Express and Star....

www.expressandstar.com/news/trending-topics/brexit/2019/06/05/brexit-party-hits-back-over-fascist-claims/

What's to fear..

It is an achievement, but don't over egg it. Essentially, what happened in the Euros was that BP took all the UKIP seats... It was more or less a straight swap."

The Brexit party did more than UKIP.

In 2014 UKIP returned 24 seats at the European elections.

In 2019 The Brexit party returned 29 seats in the European elections, beating UKIP's by gaining 5 additional seats.

The Brexit party is now the single biggest party in the European Parliament.

"

Pot. Kettle.

I asked on the other thread what antisemitic things she'd said. Oddly, nobody could answer on there, either. "

There were links to newspaper reports on it from the Guardian. She had liked an anti semitic video on social media, and said she had enjoyed reading an anti semitic thread on another social media site.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

What's to fear..

It is an achievement, but don't over egg it. Essentially, what happened in the Euros was that BP took all the UKIP seats... It was more or less a straight swap."

Oddly in the Peterborough BE UKIP actually increased their vote share from the 2017 GE.

Brexit Party votes were almost certainly gleaned from Tory and Labour voters

What's to fear..

It is an achievement, but don't over egg it. Essentially, what happened in the Euros was that BP took all the UKIP seats... It was more or less a straight swap.

Oddly in the Peterborough BE UKIP actually increased their vote share from the 2017 GE.

Brexit Party votes were almost certainly gleaned from Tory and Labour voters "

Don't think ukip stood last time. Possibly why the seat is low down on TBP hit list as they can't canabalise their ukip links.

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

What a different several hours make!

The Veneer of the brexit party slipped, it blamed pakistani’s living 12 per household in voting against them.

How deluded can you get if you really believe that bullshit.

But the worst thing is this.

The predictions in a post I wrote in w few months back are coming to fruition.

You’ve been warned, it happening now!

here

What's to fear..

Don't think ukip stood last time. Possibly why the seat is low down on TBP hit list as they can't canabalise their ukip links.

"

And indeed highlights the fact that, despite the result, it was a very good showing by TBP

What's to fear..

And indeed highlights the fact that, despite the result, it was a very good showing by TBP"

It was one of maybe two factors which played against them. The other being it wasn't a tory seat either (assuming they carve more away from tories than Labour)

Most other factors were in their favour imo. Hence them being short favourites and the slight air of confidence around before the result.

After all Tories are on the ropes and leaderless atm. Labour are in the middle of antisemitism. And it seems their candidate was, at least from a public pov, tarred by this. No other party had any foothold in 2017. TBP have had high media attention, given EU elections, and the expectation this would be a win. TBP are relatively smear free. Bar curing gayness. A by election is less about manifestos than a normal GE. Peterborough is a strong leave area.

On balance I think the resukt is a slight disappointment for them. The vote went in line with the national polls. But if have said this should have been more weighted to them than the average given the stronger leave feeling.

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

It's a disaster for BREXIT Party. In a seat where nearly 2/3 of the electorate voted Leave in the referendum less than 1/3 voted BREXIT Party.

We've passed peak BREXIT, that was at the EU elections, and even then they failed to get more votes than the Remain parties. It's down hill all the way from here for them.

[Removed by poster at 07/06/19 19:08:32]

"

Pot. Kettle.

I asked on the other thread what antisemitic things she'd said. Oddly, nobody could answer on there, either. "

Jewish rats ?

"It's a disaster for BREXIT Party. In a seat where nearly 2/3 of the electorate voted Leave in the referendum less than 1/3 voted BREXIT Party.

We've passed peak BREXIT, that was at the EU elections, and even then they failed to get more votes than the Remain parties. It's down hill all the way from here for them.

"

It was a vote to elect an MP to our parliament which had a multitude of options for different parties, not a single issue with just two options.

So not comparable at all.

It’s just one bi election, in Peterborough. I would have preferred BREXIT to have won. But they haven’t written up a manifesto or even a policy list as yet. So coming such a close second will do for me.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Glad Farage walked out, with his party losing.

Labour surprised me with retaining the seat. A respectful result, whilst the other political madness continues.

If Farage had stood himself and lost, it would be his 8th failure to be elected to UK parliament.

That snout does very well kept buried deep in the EU trough.

here

"Glad Farage walked out, with his party losing.

Labour surprised me with retaining the seat. A respectful result, whilst the other political madness continues. "

Yes they retained the seat - just! More importantly they lost 17% of their vote (while the tories lost 25%) - an 8 week old party, with no manifesto, scooped up those votes - a clear indication the electorate is not happy!

Hardly respectable for Labour (or the tories)

Central

Fewer people are interested in the worst Brexit option possible - the no deal failure - compared to the vastly different story of Brexit told 3 years ago.

The swivel eyed Bremoaners are lemmings who should keep their cliff edge failures away from the healthy

Central

Labour surprised me with retaining the seat. A respectful result, whilst the other political madness continues.

Yes they retained the seat - just! More importantly they lost 17% of their vote (while the tories lost 25%) - an 8 week old party, with no manifesto, scooped up those votes - a clear indication the electorate is not happy!

Hardly respectable for Labour (or the tories)"

In the circumstances, it was a respectful result, as detailed. Local MP disgraced, Labour shouldered with blame for the conservatives no brexit, following weeks of EU vote coverage in an area that did have a massive leave win in the old referendum. Farage's party is new but it's an old, tired message, from a politician who has stood ad nauseum, with the only change being to the lies - but some don't find those significant

, do they! Green party did well too

West London

See this is where the Brexit party has in many ways won last night, they may have fallen just short of winning the seat by 600 votes but it will influence the Tory party into electing a no deal Brexiteer as their next leader and new Prime minister. Clearly winning the European elections will have been influence enough on its own, but last nights strong showing for the Brexit party, and relegating the Tories into 3rd place in Peterborough will now influence the Tory leadership contest even more in favour of a hard Brexiteer. "

The Brexit party won in many ways except by winning.

You are correct though, the Garage tail has been wagging the Tory dog for several years now.

However, a hard Brexit leader can't change the maths in Parliament. What then? A perogation coup?

West London

...or the electorate.

Bristol East

It also tells you the Conservatives have more to fear.

Labour can lose a few seats.

But they will gain more in areas where the Brekshit Party splits the Conservative Vote and let's the Labour candidate come through the middle.

Tory MPs are terrified of an election.

Not just that they'll lose their cushy number, they'll be down the Job Centre while Mr Corbyn turns No. 10 into the war room for the fight against the Establishment.

Sit back and enjoy the popcorn

here

" Green party did well too "

Really??

Increased vote share to 3% . 1% more than in 2017 - probably around 400 votes more.

West London

Quick summary from the Daily Mash:

NIGEL Farage has once again maintained his 25-year record of never winning a seat in the House of Commons in any by-election or general election.

The Brexit Party leader, who has been running for office since 1994 but ironically has only ever won the European elections he loathes, said it was immensely gratifying to lose a by-election with his new party.

He said: “This is a fantastic result which really does prove I am a political outsider.

“First, I want to thank the people of Peterborough. They knew winning would ruin my quarter-century losing streak, so they got out there in their thousands and didn’t vote for us.

“Second, to all those naysayers shouting ‘But UKIP won by-elections in 2014 and 2015’, I say this. They were both Tory defectors, we lost both seats shortly after and so technically they don’t count.

“I believe that on the back of this result the Brexit Party could go on to lose – and lose badly – in a general election while ensuring that every other party, and the people of Britain, lose as well.”

He added: “It’s odd to think that if I’d won the Eastleigh by-election in 1994 I’d have joined the political elite and wouldn’t be able to keep doing this shit. How lucky we all are.”

Central

Farage also claimed on radio 4 this morning the aim was to come 2nd and he never believed he would win....... not what he was telling his minions though . If Farage did not think his "newkip" party could win in Peterborough , I would love to know where he thinks they could win ,, absolutely everything was in their favour , if one month before the by election you gave them the choice of one of the 650 seats in which to contest a seat , I cannot imagine they would have chosen anywhere other than Peterborough on 6th June ,,

They probably should have been honest with the Peterborough voters and told them this.

Essex

See this is where the Brexit party has in many ways won last night, they may have fallen just short of winning the seat by 600 votes but it will influence the Tory party into electing a no deal Brexiteer as their next leader and new Prime minister. Clearly winning the European elections will have been influence enough on its own, but last nights strong showing for the Brexit party, and relegating the Tories into 3rd place in Peterborough will now influence the Tory leadership contest even more in favour of a hard Brexiteer. "

They won in many ways apart from the only way that counts

Essex

Odd that they have a list of target seats, yet cannot manage a manifesto.....

"

Do you have any proof that Lisa Forbes is anti Semitic??

Newbury

"

Pot. Kettle.

I asked on the other thread what antisemitic things she'd said. Oddly, nobody could answer on there, either.

There were links to newspaper reports on it from the Guardian. She had liked an anti semitic video on social media, and said she had enjoyed reading an anti semitic thread on another social media site. "

Had she?

Try again...

Newbury

What she actually did:

She "liked" some posts in a thread with a video of Muslims after Christchurch which were about unity in the wake of the attack. She commented (in reference to those) that it was heartwarming.

Some other comments on the video were anti Zionist.

Apparently, by association therefore, she is an anti semite (because she didn't read all of the comments on a Facebook video).

Stupid, possibly.

Antisemitic?

https://www.jewishvoiceforlabour.org.uk/blog/13374/

They aren’t a party and they are not 8 weeks old

"Quick summary from the Daily Mash:

NIGEL Farage has once again maintained his 25-year record of never winning a seat in the House of Commons in any by-election or general election.

The Brexit Party leader, who has been running for office since 1994 but ironically has only ever won the European elections he loathes, said it was immensely gratifying to lose a by-election with his new party.

He said: “This is a fantastic result which really does prove I am a political outsider.

“First, I want to thank the people of Peterborough. They knew winning would ruin my quarter-century losing streak, so they got out there in their thousands and didn’t vote for us.

“Second, to all those naysayers shouting ‘But UKIP won by-elections in 2014 and 2015’, I say this. They were both Tory defectors, we lost both seats shortly after and so technically they don’t count.

“I believe that on the back of this result the Brexit Party could go on to lose – and lose badly – in a general election while ensuring that every other party, and the people of Britain, lose as well.”

He added: “It’s odd to think that if I’d won the Eastleigh by-election in 1994 I’d have joined the political elite and wouldn’t be able to keep doing this shit. How lucky we all are.”"

However the fact that he has never won a seat is irrelevant . What actually matters is the number of votes pulled in against what would be expected in the targeting areas .

Many people consider his achievements remarkable. He was one of the driving forces behind our decision to leave the EU and no other party that was only formed a few months ago could have come as close as he did to winning the Peterborough by election. Contrast that to Change . Their party has virtually collapsed.

Newbury

He added: “It’s odd to think that if I’d won the Eastleigh by-election in 1994 I’d have joined the political elite and wouldn’t be able to keep doing this shit. How lucky we all are.” However the fact that he has never won a seat is irrelevant . What actually matters is the number of votes pulled in against what would be expected in the targeting areas .

Many people consider his achievements remarkable. He was one of the driving forces behind our decision to leave the EU and no other party that was only formed a few months ago could have come as close as he did to winning the Peterborough by election. Contrast that to Change . Their party has virtually collapsed.

"

So; what you are saying is that it isn't the fact that he's achieved nothing at Westminster that is important, it's the manner in which he's achieved nothing.

He added: “It’s odd to think that if I’d won the Eastleigh by-election in 1994 I’d have joined the political elite and wouldn’t be able to keep doing this shit. How lucky we all are.” However the fact that he has never won a seat is irrelevant . What actually matters is the number of votes pulled in against what would be expected in the targeting areas .

"

You sound desperate.

Grantham

"What she actually did:

She "liked" some posts in a thread with a video of Muslims after Christchurch which were about unity in the wake of the attack. She commented (in reference to those) that it was heartwarming.

Apparently, by association therefore, she is an anti semite (because she didn't read all of the comments on a Facebook video).

Stupid, possibly.

Antisemitic?

https://www.jewishvoiceforlabour.org.uk/blog/13374/"

As a Conservative, I'm more than happy with her explanation and her pledge to be more careful in future. She ran a good campaign, bolstered by a determined Labour movement.

Smacks of desperation to try and go after her in this way. Concentrate on the more obvious anti-semmites in the Labour Party.

here

They aren’t a party and they are not 8 weeks old "

The details registered at the Electoral Commission would confirm they are a party

Bristol East

I heard on the radio yesterday that Farage went to No. 10 yesterday to hand in a letter demanding to be part of the Brexit negotiation.

Lolol.

What negotiation?

Has he been asleep the last three years?

in Lancashire

"I heard on the radio yesterday that Farage went to No. 10 yesterday to hand in a letter demanding to be part of the Brexit negotiation.

Lolol.

What negotiation?

Has he been asleep the last three years?

"

Have they not all ready got a tea boy?

The details registered at the Electoral Commission would confirm they are a party "

They are a limited company called ‘The Brexit Party Limited’ and were founded 6 months ago

here

The details registered at the Electoral Commission would confirm they are a party

They are a limited company called ‘The Brexit Party Limited’ and were founded 6 months ago "

Founded as a Ltd at CH, registered as a political party with the EC.

Limited companies don’t field employees in political elections .

They are a limited company called ‘The Brexit Party Limited’ and were founded 6 months ago

"

The Brexit Party has no members, just paying 'registered supporters',with Farage having a high level of control over decision-making, including hand-picking candidates himself.

Doesn’t sound much like a political party

here

The Brexit Party has no members, just paying 'registered supporters',with Farage having a high level of control over decision-making, including hand-picking candidates himself.

"

And yet the official details maintained by the EC would say different to your interpretation.

It’s all available you know, free at the EC.

And yet the official details maintained by the EC would say different to your interpretation.

It’s all available you know, free at the EC."

It isn’t my interpretation , I have stated facts . The Brexit Party Limited lost the Peterborough by election , get over it , it was the will of the people , democracy etc etc

here

"It isn’t my interpretation , I have stated facts . The Brexit Party Limited lost the Peterborough by election , get over it , it was the will of the people , democracy etc etc "

I think I will go with the official EC facts.

They didn’t hold the seat to start with and so didn’t lose anything - They just didn’t win the seat.

"It isn’t my interpretation , I have stated facts . The Brexit Party Limited lost the Peterborough by election , get over it , it was the will of the people , democracy etc etc

They didn’t hold the seat to start with and so didn’t lose anything - They just didn’t win the seat."

Haha, what is the opposite of not winning??

Widnes

"What she actually did:

Stupid, possibly.

Antisemitic?

https://www.jewishvoiceforlabour.org.uk/blog/13374/"

I sort off agree with you but with reservations. I still believe that the Labour Party has been far too complacent about antisemitism in its ranks, many choosing to believe that it is just a cover for attacks on Jeremy rather than face up to the reality that there is a genuine problem. However I'm also starting to feel that calling out pretty much everyone and anyone in the Labour Party for the slightest thing that could possibly be considered anti Jewish or Israelly, even when it may not have been intentional, weakens the charge of antisemitism when it's genuinely used. It's starring to take on the same effect as calling anyone right of center racist, fascist or Nazi. After a while people who know they're not any of those things get used to be called them and simply dismiss the accusations, which allows those that are any of those things to hide behind them. This is what has happened on the right of center, we need to make sure we don't make the same mistakes with antisemitism on the left. Discrimination and any forms of racism should not be tackled or defended in a party political manner but addressed and faced up to by all on both sides.

here

"It isn’t my interpretation , I have stated facts . The Brexit Party Limited lost the Peterborough by election , get over it , it was the will of the people , democracy etc etc

They didn’t hold the seat to start with and so didn’t lose anything - They just didn’t win the seat.

Haha, what is the opposite of not winning?? "

If they already have the seat but in the election didn’t get the most votes, what would have happened to their seat?

Newbury

"What she actually did:

Stupid, possibly.

Antisemitic?

https://www.jewishvoiceforlabour.org.uk/blog/13374/

I sort off agree with you but with reservations. I still believe that the Labour Party has been far too complacent about antisemitism in its ranks, many choosing to believe that it is just a cover for attacks on Jeremy rather than face up to the reality that there is a genuine problem. However I'm also starting to feel that calling out pretty much everyone and anyone in the Labour Party for the slightest thing that could possibly be considered anti Jewish or Israelly, even when it may not have been intentional, weakens the charge of antisemitism when it's genuinely used. It's starring to take on the same effect as calling anyone right of center racist, fascist or Nazi. After a while people who know they're not any of those things get used to be called them and simply dismiss the accusations, which allows those that are any of those things to hide behind them. This is what has happened on the right of center, we need to make sure we don't make the same mistakes with antisemitism on the left. Discrimination and any forms of racism should not be tackled or defended in a party political manner but addressed and faced up to by all on both sides."

This is a point that Jewish Voice for Labour have made quite a lot. It's funny though, how nobody ever asks JVL, because apparently, because they are left of centre, they are the "wrong Jews"...

The most pernicious example of the antisemitism smear campaign so far was when Corbyn was criticised for hosting an event where a speaker compared the state of Israel to the Nazis.

Nobody in the press saw fit to mention that the speaker in question was not only Jewish, but a survivor of Auschwitz.

Bristol East

"

I sort off agree with you but with reservations. I still believe that the Labour Party has been far too complacent about antisemitism in its ranks, many choosing to believe that it is just a cover for attacks on Jeremy rather than face up to the reality that there is a genuine problem. However I'm also starting to feel that calling out pretty much everyone and anyone in the Labour Party for the slightest thing that could possibly be considered anti Jewish or Israelly, even when it may not have been intentional, weakens the charge of antisemitism when it's genuinely used. It's starring to take on the same effect as calling anyone right of center racist, fascist or Nazi. After a while people who know they're not any of those things get used to be called them and simply dismiss the accusations, which allows those that are any of those things to hide behind them. This is what has happened on the right of center, we need to make sure we don't make the same mistakes with antisemitism on the left. Discrimination and any forms of racism should not be tackled or defended in a party political manner but addressed and faced up to by all on both sides."

Some of it is real, some of it is hysteria, to the point where people are being smeared as anti-semitic just for voting Labour.

If they already have the seat but in the election didn’t get the most votes, what would have happened to their seat?

"

You sound like Farage, desperate, you need to accept that The Brexit Party Ltd lost the Peterborough by election , they entered to ‘win’ the seat and they didn’t

Widnes

Haha, what is the opposite of not winning?? "

To correctly answer your question, the opposite of not winning is winning.

But, in the BREXIT dictionary of misleading words and phrases the definition of winning and losing is:-

Winning:- 1) If the BREXIT party gains seats it's a win, even if the other side gets more votes. 2) If the BREXIT party doesn't gain any seats and still has less votes than the other side it's a win.

Losing:- 1) Whether they pick up seats, increase vote share or get more votes than the BREXIT party they're still loser; get over it!

To correctly answer your question, the opposite of not winning is winning.

But, in the BREXIT dictionary of misleading words and phrases the definition of winning and losing is:-

Winning:- 1) If the BREXIT party gains seats it's a win, even if the other side gets more votes. 2) If the BREXIT party doesn't gain any seats and still has less votes than the other side it's a win.

Losing:- 1) Whether they pick up seats, increase vote share or get more votes than the BREXIT party they're still loser; get over it!

"

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

In 2019 The Brexit party returned 29 seats in the European elections, beating UKIP's by gaining 5 additional seats.

The Brexit party is now the single biggest party in the European Parliament. "

may be the case.... 1 thing though

the EU Parliament works in "blocks" of party;s across europe working roughly along the same lines and thoughts and ideologies....

you lovely brexit party is in talk to join the "far right" block.....

here

" they entered to ‘win’ the seat and they didn’t "

Thank you

That’s it you've got it now ... they didn’t win

What they did win though was 29% of the votes in Peterborough - some of which most likely came from the 17% and 25% of votes that Labour and Conservatives lost

here

"

The Brexit party is now the single biggest party in the European Parliament.

may be the case.... 1 thing though

the EU Parliament works in "blocks" of party;s across europe working roughly along the same lines and thoughts and ideologies....

you lovely brexit party is in talk to join the "far right" block..... "

Brexit Party, and the Polish PiS party, have already ruled out joining the far right grouping .

" they entered to ‘win’ the seat and they didn’t

Thank you

What they did win though was 29% of the votes in Peterborough - some of which most likely came from the 17% and 25% of votes that Labour and Conservatives lost

"

So, to clarify, The Brexit Party didn’t win and didn’t lose?? They won 29% of the votes but didn’t lose and labour ‘won’ 31% but didn’t win? You can only win if you have never won before?? Is that correct Nigel??

here

Thank you

So, to clarify, The Brexit Party didn’t win and didn’t lose?? They won 29% of the votes but didn’t lose and labour ‘won’ 31% but didn’t win? You can only win if you have never won before?? Is that correct Nigel?? "

No you got it first time

The Brexit Party didn’t win.

Thank you

So, to clarify, The Brexit Party didn’t win and didn’t lose?? They won 29% of the votes but didn’t lose and labour ‘won’ 31% but didn’t win? You can only win if you have never won before?? Is that correct Nigel??

No you got it first time

The Brexit Party didn’t win."

Ah, now it all makes sense, The Brexit Party Limited are all about ‘not winning’ and tbh they are very good at it .Did they win any seats in European election? they should also apply that logic to the next referendum , it is impossible for remain to lose now

For the many not the Jew it seems...again!?

The Labour leader says Ms Forbes has apologised following antisemitic Facebook posts she 'liked'.

Ms Forbes, who was elected as the new MP for Peterborough in Thursday's by-election, sparked controversy over a Facebook post she "liked" which said Theresa May has a "Zionist slave masters agenda".

She also commented on another post whose author claimed that Islamic extremists were the creation of the CIA and Mossad, the Israeli intelligence agency.

Nothing to see but Anti-Semitic dog whistling.

I'm not sure brexiters have gotten over this loss yet,Their still very salty in here.Soak yourselves n some water.Youll be fine for roasting later.

Time heals all wounds comrades.You will get to lose in multiple constituencies at the next GE so see this as a practice run for the next GE.

Widnes

"I'm not sure brexiters have gotten over this loss yet,Their still very salty in here.Soak yourselves n some water.Youll be fine for roasting later.

Time heals all wounds comrades.You will get to lose in multiple constituencies at the next GE so see this as a practice run for the next GE."

We've passed peak BREXIT; that was in the EU elections which Nigel portrayed as a mock second referendum and in which the BREXIT party got less votes than Remain. Peterborough simply confirms what the EU elections and opinion polls have been telling us for over a year, that there is a significantly large and vocal group of people who want to wreck the UK by throwing it over the 'no deal' cliff but that they are in fact very much a minority of the people.

Bristol East

"

She also commented on another post whose author claimed that Islamic extremists were the creation of the CIA and Mossad, the Israeli intelligence agency.

"

Given that they are armed and trained by the US and its allies, that statement does not seem at all controversial.

"

Given that they are armed and trained by the US and its allies, that statement does not seem at all controversial.

"

35 years ago a film maker friend of mine was embedded with, what were at the time, the Peshmerga in Afghanistan while the russians were having their own personal vietnam experience there. He told me that the CIA were happy to train and fund these “freedom fighters” until the russians left Afghanistan at which point the money stopped and so they shifted alliegances first to Iran and then to Saudi hardliners. It is and always will be about tribalism and money and expecting to be able to either control, use or eradicate that is never going to happen.

Widnes

"

35 years ago a film maker friend of mine was embedded with, what were at the time, the Peshmerga in Afghanistan while the russians were having their own personal vietnam experience there. He told me that the CIA were happy to train and fund these “freedom fighters” until the russians left Afghanistan at which point the money stopped and so they shifted alliegances first to Iran and then to Saudi hardliners. It is and always will be about tribalism and money and expecting to be able to either control, use or eradicate that is never going to happen. "

Hopefully the West, and the US in particular, will have learnt from the Afghan experience that your enemies enemy is not necessarily your friend,

» Add a new message to this topic