FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Ban Pride flags

Ban Pride flags

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ophieslut OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The Trump administration has told its embassies not to fly Pride flags, as has typically been done during Pride month of June. Progressive fail! On a positive note, the Queen had a better time than ever, whilst with him, he reports being told.

I'm surrounded by Pride flags, staff lanyards and more, all year round, as many places are proud of their inclusivity. Good to see Brad Pitt block the use of his name and image by a bunch of men calling for a straight pride.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

House Republicans led by Rep. Jeff Duncan of South Carolina have put forward a new bill that would prevent U.S. embassies around the world from flying flags other than the American flag.

The bill was introduced after a few recent incidents in which a rainbow flag symbolizing gay pride and LGBT rights was flown above some embassies. However, the bill would ban all other flags from being flown with the American flag, not just the rainbow flag.

Looks like the republics were playing too its Christian base in this regards.

Shame

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

The UK was like that until recently - the only flag permitted on its embassies was the union flag, the host nation and the EU.

Boris Johnson changed it to allow embassies to fly the rainbow flag during the local Pride season.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Banned completely or banned from taking precedence on the official flag pole?

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

Minorities rule again then

Bristol East

It's quite easy to view these things through the wrong end of the telescope.

We can get hung up one flag, when actually it's a blanket policy on all flags.

What do I mean?

Take the rants you see on Facebook or wherever from someone complaining they've been ordered to remove, say, an England flag from their property.

Racist, anti-English, why can't I fly my flag in my own country, PC gone mad blah blah.

In reality, it's got nothing to do with their particular flag or what it symbolises.

Most landlords want to maintain the visual amenity of their property, so they'll have a rule about not decorating the exterior of the property. That will include flags, ANY flag.

Their response would be no different had it been, say, a football flag or whatever.

Why anyone would need or want a "flag" to express their sexuality is beyond me really.

Each to their own I guess but I see no reason to fly the damn thing from Government buildings.

"Why anyone would need or want a "flag" to express their sexuality is beyond me really."

This is the misconception, it's not flying it because you're proud of being a certain sexuality, it's about being proud and open of being a certain sexuality. Standing up even though you face harassment, which is still in society (just the other day we have the news about the lesbian couple being beat up in London).

Flying the flag from companies was meant to show solidarity and acceptance but in recent years it has been taken over as a marketing thing.

Bristol East

There is an argument that your national flag embraces all citizens, be they black, white, gay, straight, christian, muslim etc.

Bodies here like the Foreign and Commonwealth Office have done a 180 degrees U-turn, from sacking people for the slightest suspicion of non-heterosexuality to actively recruiting from the LGBT community.

LGBT makes up something like 6 per cent of the population. Companies these days are realising it does not make commercial sense to deprive yourself of the skills of 3.6 million people.

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

I want a new flag that says ...hey I like pussy....or for ladies ....I like cock ...they could be more poignant to everyday life...but oh no ...that won't happen because minority always rule majority

Would be great if the flag represented respect for everyones sexual orirntation including hetro

Bristol East

Poor snowflakes.

When were you ever executed, imprisoned, castrated, stigmatised, prosecuted, abused, beaten up and discriminated against because of your sexuality?

There is a Straight flag for all those of you asking, but it appears you'd rather complain about others having theirs instead of actually finding out.

Bristol East

The poor right wingers in the US are feeling so left out they are holding a "straight Pride". Lol. Boston or somewhere like that

They must be missing the tyranny they presided over.

"The poor right wingers in the US are feeling so left out they are holding a "straight Pride". Lol. Boston or somewhere like that

They must be missing the tyranny they presided over."

Would be good to have a pride parade where everyone can join in regardless of orientation, doubt it would happen though

"Would be good to have a pride parade where everyone can join in regardless of orientation, doubt it would happen though "

That's called Pride, not everyone involved with the parades are strictly gay, c'mon now how dated are these opinions?

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"The poor right wingers in the US are feeling so left out they are holding a "straight Pride". Lol. Boston or somewhere like that

Would be good to have a pride parade where everyone can join in regardless of orientation, doubt it would happen though "

You can..

Bristol East

"

Would be good to have a pride parade where everyone can join in regardless of orientation, doubt it would happen though "

You've obviously never been to a Pride event.

"

Would be good to have a pride parade where everyone can join in regardless of orientation, doubt it would happen though

You've obviously never been to a Pride event.

"

When i lived in Manchester we took the kids to Manchester pride all the time and they loved the carnival feeling of it and the music and the floats.Its very inclusive and family friendly.

By *ophieslut OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Central

As others say, Pride events celebrate everyone together. Tons of Fab users go to them who are probably mostly straight. The dominant straight males aren't repressed in the various ways that others have lost their freedom and lives, so no winging required

Bristol East

It's the most friendly, relaxed, non-threatening gathering of large numbers of people you are ever likely to experience in your life.

By *iltsguy200Man  over a year ago

Warminster

[Removed by poster at 14/06/19 10:42:43]

By *iltsguy200Man  over a year ago

Warminster

"There is an argument that your national flag embraces all citizens, be they black, white, gay, straight, christian, muslim etc.

Bodies here like the Foreign and Commonwealth Office have done a 180 degrees U-turn, from sacking people for the slightest suspicion of non-heterosexuality to actively recruiting from the LGBT community.

LGBT makes up something like 6 per cent of the population. Companies these days are realising it does not make commercial sense to deprive yourself of the skills of 3.6 million people.

"

According to the ONS,

Over the last five years, the proportion of the UK population identifying as lesbian, gay or bisexual (LGB) has increased from 1.5% in 2012 to 2.0% in 2017, although the latest figure is unchanged from 2016.

The report makes for interesting reading

» Add a new message to this topic