FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > 'LGBT lessons should not be taught in schools' says Labour party

'LGBT lessons should not be taught in schools' says Labour party

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Any of its supporters here agree?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Any of its supporters here agree? "

One Labour MP does not make it "The Labour Party"

"

One Labour MP does not make it "The Labour Party" "

One Brexit MEP does not make it "The Brexit Party"

See I can do that too.

"Any of its supporters here agree?

Ah ha, but we had a similar thread on here the other day, where some posters seemed to think the personal views of Ann Widdecombe, (one MEP) made it Brexit party policy. Just wondering if the same people who posted on that thread now think the views of one Labour MP (Roger Godsiff) should represent the Labour party?

Ah ha, but we had a similar thread on here the other day, where some posters seemed to think the personal views of Ann Widdecombe, (one MEP) made it Brexit party policy. Just wondering if the same people who posted on that thread now think the views of one Labour MP (Roger Godsiff) should represent the Labour party? "

Well it doesn't and I didn't read it either but no, unless it's the party leader saying something then I don't see it as party policy.

"

See I can do that too.

"

I never said anything about any comments by Brexit party MEP's making it party policy

Ah ha, but we had a similar thread on here the other day, where some posters seemed to think the personal views of Ann Widdecombe, (one MEP) made it Brexit party policy. Just wondering if the same people who posted on that thread now think the views of one Labour MP (Roger Godsiff) should represent the Labour party?

Well it doesn't and I didn't read it either but no, unless it's the party leader saying something then I don't see it as party policy. "

You didn't read it? Funny then that you made multiple posts on the other thread. Do you always post on threads that you don't read?

"

See I can do that too.

"

What you may be getting confused over though is Farage stuck up for Ann Widdecombe where as Labour Party officials seem to be condemning this Labour MP's comments to the hilt.

Big difference don't you think but full marks for the attempt

Well it doesn't and I didn't read it either but no, unless it's the party leader saying something then I don't see it as party policy.

You didn't read it? Funny then that you made multiple posts on the other thread. Do you always post on threads that you don't read? "

If Farage had distanced himself from Anne's comments then you'd be correct but by backing her comments then I think it's understandable that people will view it as a party belief.

You didn't read it? Funny then that you made multiple posts on the other thread. Do you always post on threads that you don't read?

If Farage had distanced himself from Anne's comments then you'd be correct but by backing her comments then I think it's understandable that people will view it as a party belief. "

So you did read the other thread then? Because just a few comments ago, you said you didn't?

"

I never said anything about any comments by Brexit party MEP's making it party policy "

That may be true but you also never made the same statement in the other thread concerning the Brexit party.

Why is that?

Oh yes, Politcal Bias and Hypocrisy showing comrade.

"

What you may be getting confused over though is Farage stuck up for Ann Widdecombe where as Labour Party officials seem to be condemning this Labour MP's comments to the hilt.

Big difference don't you think but full marks for the attempt "

Why does free and open thought in a "free and democratic society" scare you comrade?

Farage coming to the defence of Ann exercising her right to freedom of expression under the law does not make "Gay conversion" a Brexit party policy.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

The protests outside the gates have got a few people confused that’s for sure. I bet they are wondering how to be progressive about it.

"The protests outside the gates have got a few people confused that’s for sure. I bet they are wondering how to be progressive about it. "

Just sit back and enjoy.

However I think the question that the OP poster wanted to have answered was whether or not any labour party supporters on here agreed with the statement. It was irrelevant as to whether or not it was Labour party policy. Interestingly you have simply side tracked the question.

"The protests outside the gates have got a few people confused that’s for sure. I bet they are wondering how to be progressive about it. "

The protesters are homophobic and Anne widecombe is homophobic.

They both are touched in the head by religious beliefs.

As an atheist I think both are cunts and their Bronze Age beliefs have no place in our society .

You can't arrest people for shitty beliefs .We have tolerate them .

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

What a lazy post this.

The OP could easily have looked up the Labour manifesto to discover what the policy is:

"To tackle bullying of LGBT young people, Labour will ensure that all teachers receive initial and ongoing training on the issues students face and how to address them. And we will ensure that the new guidance for relationships and sex education is LGBT inclusive."

"The protests outside the gates have got a few people confused that’s for sure. I bet they are wondering how to be progressive about it.

As an atheist I think both are cunts and their Bronze Age beliefs have no place in our society .

You can't arrest people for shitty beliefs .We have tolerate them . "

It's easy to condemn when asked to do so.

"The protests outside the gates have got a few people confused that’s for sure. I bet they are wondering how to be progressive about it.

You can't arrest people for shitty beliefs .We have tolerate them .

It's easy to condemn when asked to do so. "

Not a labour voter I'm a green so nobody asked me .

.Im guessing If didn't give an opinion my silence would of spoken volumes to you ..

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I think that it's ideal for all school pupils to have education that helps them to understand our society and helps people who may be isolated or confused, to appreciate themselves and others in a positive and respectful way. No decent politician or party would want to prevent any LGBT people from having the relationships that they deserve nor create a n education system that doesn't educate upon the facts of these UK freedoms that need respect from all people. That respect starts with dropping of the pretences that some people you don't like or approve of, don't exist, nor are amongst your children. Issues that also make clear that only schools with a tolerant and inclusive remit should be permitted by the government and if any party opposes age appropriate LGBT+ education, it should be consigned to history on the basis of its extremist bigotry

Bristol East

Not all children grow up in the nuclear family.

Some grow up in homes with single parents.

Some grow up in homes where the state is the parent.

Some grow up in homes where the parents are the same sex.

Introducing children to these ideas tackles prejudice about one family model being superior to another, and thereby reduces the risk of children from other backgrounds being bullied and victimised.

As the mayor of birmingham state, these protests are wholly homophobic.

If anything, the protests re-enforce the importance of teaching that all children are to be valued, irrespective of their family model.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

At least LGBT people and issues are real, fuck knows why we allow religious fairy tales to be taught to children as if they're fact!

Bristol East

Ruth Davidson and her partner just had a baby.

Imagine that child going to school and learning that the only family model worthy of being spoken about is the one endorsed by religion?

If Farage had distanced himself from Anne's comments then you'd be correct but by backing her comments then I think it's understandable that people will view it as a party belief.

So you did read the other thread then? Because just a few comments ago, you said you didn't? "

I didn't notice the thread title Centy but yes obviously I did comment, good observation

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Another trolling and hypocrisy drenched post from the Op, same mo as on his other Centy profile..

Interesting that when his idols new party had to remove Michael Mcgough for his anti semitic tweets and Catherine Blaiklock for her racist anti Islamic tweets he is silent..

Using his logic then is it the policy of the Brexit party that such vile views are policies if they ever get round to saying what they are..

Especially as despite saying those two and others have been evicted they are still on the books?

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

[Removed by poster at 09/06/19 10:16:28]

"

I never said anything about any comments by Brexit party MEP's making it party policy

That may be true but you also never made the same statement in the other thread concerning the Brexit party.

Why is that?

Oh yes, Politcal Bias and Hypocrisy showing comrade.

"

Because Farage backed Ann Widdecombes comment and Farage is the party leader yet Labour Party officials have condemned this Labour MP's comments

Not very difficult to grasp i would have thought

Ah....the little doggies are out in force today! Snapping away at someone who if they had done their homework they would know is a long standing Green.

Or maybe they are looking to divert from their own failure in the by-election by lashing out at easy targets....lazy and a bit desperate....very second division

yumsville

No but it does create confusion when you are electing them. When looking at the front bench they are all saying different things on a single issue.

hijacking the thread onto brexit... Thornberry can say single market access is needed not a customs union.

Gardener can say a customs union is terrible, then a good idea.

Starmer and Watson can say a second referendum is needed though lesser MP's have been fired. Long-Bailey and Rayner have quietened though are dead set against the idea.

I can't understand how MP's can run completely different campaigns to the mandate. The Scottish Labour leader is now running a second referendum campaign with a view to remaining and stopping brexit after not being able to tell voters which direction Labour were heading.

"Scottish Labour's executive committee has endorsed my call for the party to back a confirmatory vote...Scottish Labour will wholeheartedly campaign for a Remain victory in such a vote".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-48558355

I remember Chuka Umunna on regaining his seat saying he campaigned to remain. This being after Labour had met and voted to uphold the result of leaving. His constituents would believe Labour would be remaining though national policy is to leave.

You vote for those with the greatest influence, loudest voice - who you think will make a difference but if they are saying something at odds with the mandate, what purpose will they serve? They'll be swapped out and replaced.

in Lancashire

No but it does create confusion when you are electing them. Wwhen looking at the front bench they are all saying different things on a single issue.

hijacking the thread onto brexit... Thornberry can say single market access is needed not a customs union.

Gardener can say a customs union is terrible, then a good idea.

Starmer and Watson can say a second referendum is needed though lesser MP's have been fired. Long-Bailey and Rayner have quietened though are dead set against the idea.

I can't understand how MP's can run completely different campaigns to the mandate. The Scottish Labour leader is now running a second referendum campaign with a view to remaining and stopping brexit after not being able to tell voters which direction Labour were heading.

"Scottish Labour's executive committee has endorsed my call for the party to back a confirmatory vote...Scottish Labour will wholeheartedly campaign for a Remain victory in such a vote".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-48558355

I remember Chuka Umunna on regaining his seat saying he campaigned to remain. This being after Labour had met and voted to uphold the result of leaving. His constituents would believe Labour would be remaining though national policy is to leave.

You vote for those with the greatest influence, loudest voice - who you think will make a difference but if they are saying something at odds with the mandate, what purpose will they serve? They'll be swapped out and replaced. "

Well looking at that it's a blessing the government who are solely responsible for this shambles and for resolving it are so united..

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

I am a mainly gay T/V these days and I agree with these parents.

In my view a child before the early teens should not be concerned with sexual matters or relationships they should enjoy just playing with there friends in the play ground or whatever,as I child a sometimes played with dolls,loved my sisters dolls house,also loved playing football,cowboys and Indians,a bit of fighting in the play ground.It was part of growing up.

Life was about having fun and getting into grammar school lol which was easy for me I have to admit.

At senior school yes that is time to educate children about sex and sexuality.

I think back and I would hate my young years to have been complicated by sexual issues.Children grow up far to quickly these days and it is sad and wrong in my view.

Life is hard,confusing and full of pressure,these days more than ever before so at least let a young person enjoy innocence as long as possible.

This is a difficult subject but I do remember asking where do babies come from to my mum and she replies from love,you will understand when your older,ok maybe a bit simple but a lovely notion to grow up with.

You didn't read it? Funny then that you made multiple posts on the other thread. Do you always post on threads that you don't read? "

Well, Labour's new Peterborough MP likes posts she doesn't read

"I am a mainly gay T/V these days and I agree with these parents.

In my view a child before the early teens should not be concerned with sexual matters or relationships they should enjoy just playing with there friends in the play ground or whatever,as I child a sometimes played with dolls,loved my sisters dolls house,also loved playing football,cowboys and Indians,a bit of fighting in the play ground.It was part of growing up.

Life was about having fun and getting into grammar school lol which was easy for me I have to admit.

I think back and I would hate my young years to have been complicated by sexual issues.Children grow up far to quickly these days and it is sad and wrong in my view.

Life is hard,confusing and full of pressure,these days more than ever before so at least let a young person enjoy innocence as long as possible.

This is a difficult subject but I do remember asking where do babies come from to my mum and she replies from love,you will understand when your older,ok maybe a bit simple but a lovely notion to grow up with.

"

I don't know the details of what they are teaching but I'd take a guess it was less about sex and sexuality, more about how a man and man, and women and women, can create a family as much as a man and women. I'd be all for that.

yumsville

"

Well looking at that it's a blessing the government who are solely responsible for this shambles and for resolving it are so united.. "

There should have been an early indicative ruling for free votes, the ERG and ultra remainers would have been sidelined as brexit was cross party and voted through by parliament but when the opposition doesn't know what it wants, the extremes will be voted for.

Bristol East

"

I don't know the details of what they are teaching but I'd take a guess it was less about sex and sexuality, more about how a man and man, and women and women, can create a family as much as a man and women. I'd be all for that."

That's right. This is NOT sex education. Its lessons that explore the different blends of family that exist in the world.

yumsville

[Removed by poster at 09/06/19 11:30:36]

"

It's easy to condemn when asked to do so.

Not a labour voter I'm a green so nobody asked me .

.Im guessing If didn't give an opinion my silence would of spoken volumes to you .. "

Not really, doesn't bother me either way.

What bothers me greatly is the idea that we're supposed to live in a free and tolerant society with a diverse range of opinions, thoughts and beliefs.

Yet those demonstrating who have every right to do so are some how the bad guys in all this!?

The way I see it you can't preach love and tolerance for all while condemning those who don't share your personal view of how the world should be.

And that's why it's a joy to watch those on the Left trying to spin this. (Outside of Fab)

"I am a mainly gay T/V these days and I agree with these parents.

"

I fully agree

Kids need to be allowed to be kids. The technology and Internet already have kids becoming older before their time and I don't think the sexual make up of different relationships needs to be added into the mix in schools before at least the last year of primary school.

Bristol East

Detroit Pride today.

Completely overshadowed by a group of armed Nazis who insisted on marching through it.

With a police escort.

“The National Socialist Movement NSM will be armed and counter-protesting the freaks,” wrote Burt Colucci, the self-identified “commander” of the neo-Nazi NSM, on Russian social network VK. “NSM, lets put some boots on the ground!! I don’t really give a damn about op-sec or Antifa in this situation. We go in with Swastikas blazing and if people don’t like it, tough shit…”

Apalling.

in Lancashire

Have never understood how in a country that lost so many of its sons as did we in fighting fascism and the Nazis that scum are allowed to march under that same name..

Bristol East

It is the freedom these people died for 75 years ago.

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

"Ah ha, but we had a similar thread on here the other day, where some posters seemed to think the personal views of Ann Widdecombe, (one MEP) made it Brexit party policy. Just wondering if the same people who posted on that thread now think the views of one Labour MP (Roger Godsiff) should represent the Labour party? "

There is a difference...

Labour have said Labour it is not policy and Labour policy is made by Conference, whereas the Brexit party have refused to say it is not Brexit party policy or give any idea what are the brexit party policies or how (and when) they will be made.

"Any of its supporters here agree? "

I don't know why any form of tesching yhis is relevant. I say thst because kidz grow up and just accept the world around them as being "normal" not hzve adults lecturing them

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

"

I don't know the details of what they are teaching but I'd take a guess it was less about sex and sexuality, more about how a man and man, and women and women, can create a family as much as a man and women. I'd be all for that.

That's right. This is NOT sex education. Its lessons that explore the different blends of family that exist in the world.

"

Yep.

It's a shame so many people, including LGBTQ people who should know better, are quick to climb on board the idea that it's teaching kids about explicit sex.

This panic about children being 'sexualised' is the same as it was in the 80s when we had the dreadful section 28. Let's hope we don't end up back with something like that.

Bristol East

I grew up in that era, when LGBT equality was demonised as some sort of extreme left-wing agenda and Thatcher stood up at Tory conference and denounced it as "un-natural".

» Add a new message to this topic