FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Brexit is not democratic.

Brexit is not democratic.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

With this I mean how they are about to choose the next pm which will likely to be boris, the public deserves to look at these leaders and there there needs to be a proper process of how one get elected, whats your view?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

There is a process but at the last election as all national elections the idea is you vote for the party,that was what it was meant to be.

The think is in this day and age of mass communication we tend to vote for the leader and not the party.

The system does not incorporate this and neither main party would change this as both main parties have changed leaders while in office.

If you wish to have a say you need to be a member of the party.Most of us do not belong to political parties as before and no doubt after brexit we will go back to apathy in this country.The reason for this is very simple,most of us our doing ok,despite our constant moaning lol.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"With this I mean how they are about to choose the next pm which will likely to be boris, the public deserves to look at these leaders and there there needs to be a proper process of how one get elected, whats your view?"

Not really shag as it’s the party who votes in thier prime minister not the general public it’s the same for all parties not just the tori’s

By *rMrsWestMidsCouple  over a year ago

Dudley

"With this I mean how they are about to choose the next pm which will likely to be boris, the public deserves to look at these leaders and there there needs to be a proper process of how one get elected, whats your view?"

It seems to me everything you disagree with is undemocratic in your eyes! It isn't!

By *omaMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

All political parties in the UK choose their own party leaders. Members of Labour, conservative , lib dems do the voting. It's not a national vote.

When you vote in a general election you vote for a political party and not that parties leader.

That's the way it's always been .

Or haven't you ever considered this fact?

By *eerobCouple  over a year ago

solihull

Has this anything to do with the title?

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

Funny how this subject always rears its head from the left when the Tories change leader, but the silence was deafening when Gordon Brown barricaded himself in Downing Street.

"Has this anything to do with the title? "

Nope.

[Removed by poster at 16/06/19 14:49:58]

I know. I worded it abit wrong, it should of said, the pm is not elected democratically.

Not one iota

"Has this anything to do with the title? I know. I worded it abit wrong, it should of said, the pm is not elected democratically."

But they are!

Just not by the general public but by the party members

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

"Has this anything to do with the title? I know. I worded it abit wrong, it should of said, the pm is not elected democratically."

What do they do in Sweden?

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

When they said "take back control", who did you think was taking it back?

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

"With this I mean how they are about to choose the next pm which will likely to be boris, the public deserves to look at these leaders and there there needs to be a proper process of how one get elected, whats your view?

All political parties in the UK choose their own party leaders. Members of Labour, conservative , lib dems do the voting. It's not a national vote.

When you vote in a general election you vote for a political party and not that parties leader.

Or haven't you ever considered this fact? "

Problem is is that what you've said is not actually fact.

What we vote for at a general election is not a party put an individual MP, that's the legal situation. The MPs then decide, by what ever method they see fit, who they want to put forward to the Sovereign as Her Prime Minister. By convention the Sovereign agrees and invites that person to form a government. By conversation it is assumed in the first instance that the leader of the largest party is whom Parliament whishes to be PM. The Sovereign could actually invite any member of Parliament, either in the Lord's or Commons to try and form a government

We had the referendum, we won, and yet here we are about three years later and still entwined with the self same shitfest we voted to leave.

Wankers on the internet and in the media are blaming an economic downturn on BREXIT, yet those who are suffering consequences are calling it the ‘uncertainty.’ That is because you can’t put the blame on something that hasn’t yet happened.

Indeed it is the fault of all those said wankers, including the Maybot, who have continually tried to throw a spanner in the works, deliberately stalling democracy.

Either BoJo or Nige will sort this out, and the cunts who stood in our way will be pushed aside and ignored forevermore. It’s the least they deserve.

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

The manner in which the leader of any party is chosen is, in fact, a matter for them. They don't even have to be elected as in the non-democratic Brexit party

What is interesting in this situation is that the party membership is demographically completely unrepresentative of the population. It also has had an influx of new members with a more extreme view of the major political matter of the day than Conservative party voters, original members and voted representatives do.

The vote could also install a party leader with significantly different policies on a range of matters to those voted upon on the last general election.

So,it does pose an interesting question, although it remains the case that Tory MPs are free to disregard their Prime minister's requests as is Parliament at large, so there is a check built into the system.

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

"We had the referendum, we won, and yet here we are about three years later and still entwined with the self same shitfest we voted to leave.

Wankers on the internet and in the media are blaming an economic downturn on BREXIT, yet those who are suffering consequences are calling it the ‘uncertainty.’ That is because you can’t put the blame on something that hasn’t yet happened.

Indeed it is the fault of all those said wankers, including the Maybot, who have continually tried to throw a spanner in the works, deliberately stalling democracy.

Either BoJo or Nige will sort this out, and the cunts who stood in our way will be pushed aside and ignored forevermore. It’s the least they deserve."

If you ignore 48% of the population forever more then you no longer have a democracy do you?

By *bandjam91Couple  over a year ago

London

"We had the referendum, we won, and yet here we are about three years later and still entwined with the self same shitfest we voted to leave.

Either BoJo or Nige will sort this out, and the cunts who stood in our way will be pushed aside and ignored forevermore. It’s the least they deserve."

Not only were you sold a unicorn, you were told you were buying one and you dismissed it as project fear. You only have yourself to blame. Own it.

Some people should leave their strange thoughts for themselves.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"With this I mean how they are about to choose the next pm which will likely to be boris, the public deserves to look at these leaders and there there needs to be a proper process of how one get elected, whats your view?

What we vote for at a general election is not a party put an individual MP, that's the legal situation. The MPs then decide, by what ever method they see fit, who they want to put forward to the Sovereign as Her Prime Minister. By convention the Sovereign agrees and invites that person to form a government. By conversation it is assumed in the first instance that the leader of the largest party is whom Parliament whishes to be PM. The Sovereign could actually invite any member of Parliament, either in the Lord's or Commons to try and form a government

"

Technically your right but in practice I am right your just being over pedantic

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

I still want to know what they do in Sweden...

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Technically your right but in practice I am right your just being over pedantic"

You both can't be right so on this one the technical wins..

» Add a new message to this topic