FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > SNP MEP makes grovelling apology to the Brexit party

SNP MEP makes grovelling apology to the Brexit party

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

SNP MEP Alyn Smith has had to make a grovelling public apology to The Brexit party after making false allegations that the Brexit party laundered Russian money. Mr Smith made these false allegations on Sky news on the night of the European MEP election results. Following this the Brexit party Chairman Richard Tice, launched a legal campaign against MR Smith and threatened to sue him for defamation.

Mr Smith had to withdraw his allegations, which he admitted he had "no evidence for", and apologised to Mr Tice and the Brexit party unreservedly.

Mr Smith also had to pay Mr Tice's legal fees, and also had to make a large donation to the help for heroes charity. Not a bad days work for Mr Tice and the Brexit party.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-48664373

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

I bet a few of you are so unhappy about this hee hee hee

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Apologised unreservedly yes, grovelling no, I watched it and there was nothing "grovelling" about it. He whoever he was highlighted and made public his feelings on the Brexit parties finances that many think already anyway so his job is done.

Always the sensationalist Centy

By *losguygl3Man  over a year ago

Gloucester

It was an odd accusation. Not quite sure why TBP would have to Launder any of their Russian money. It's not like it's a secret they're getting it?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"It was an odd accusation. Not quite sure why TBP would have to Launder any of their Russian money. It's not like it's a secret they're getting it?"

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

If the English Nationalists nutters and Scottish not quite so nutty, nationalists want to knock seven bells out of each other I'm quite happy to sit back and let them get on with it.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

nope... fair play to him for apologising...

now i wonder if the other idol of the far right, katie hopkins, will learn the lesson from this.....

» Add a new message to this topic